Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling a little down, need cheering up

Jump to newest

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

Good morning all,

I am feeling a little bit blue today... might be a mixture of having to be in work, a few problems at home, losing my dog of 14 years back in February (still catches my mind very often) and still missing my Dad from losing him to cancer 2 years ago... plus (if you've been following the other thread - 'Jealousy') that event is happening tonight.

So yeah.. just reaching out to see what all you guys are up to? Tell me something funny or whatever you can to help keep my mind busy and cheer me up slightly x

Thank you in advance, and sorry

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nebworthMan
10 weeks ago

Knebworth

It is not nice being down, so I hope things perk up for you soon.

By (user no longer on site)
10 weeks ago

Life always has its downs alongside the ups. Can relate to some of the things in that post mate. It’s never easy…

Hope you’re able to get a good weekend lined up!

Nothin funny here apart from my lack of sleep haha

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

Thank you guys

By *asycouple1971Couple
10 weeks ago

midlands

Well done for speaking out.

Not many guys do that and when asked are you OK we often go for the easier answer of yeah when we are not.

Life always has some way of dragging you down but try and think about the good things.

Listen to music, take a walk, watch a movie,have a nice meal, do things you enjoy.

Regarding your dog and Father, deep down you knew they would go 1st but it is hard to accept when it happens, it happened to me. Take comfort that they are not suffering and cherish the good times.

Keep going.

Mr

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
10 weeks ago

Essex

I’ll send hugs & reassurance that it’s just a bad day - not a bad life xxx

I have zero advice as I just ignore my bad days/feelings and power through. I’m fairly sure my approach to mental health isn’t actually very healthy 😬

By *inAndTonic21Couple
10 weeks ago

Merseyside

Sorry to hear grief just lessens but never really leaves. Try to remember good times and be positive - easy to say but you are feeling it and you need to try to remember when things felt better xx

By *asterMeliodasMan
10 weeks ago

Near Keith

Mental health struggles are never fun. I will distract you with terrible dad jokes:

I had to quit my job at the soft drinks can crushing factory because it was soda pressing.

I got fired from my job for taking a day off. See if I ever work at a calendar factory again!

Did you hear the cheese factory exploded? All that's left is da brie.

People are usually shocked when they find out what a bad electrician I am.

---

On a more serious note, my inbox is always open if you need someone to talk to. Whatever it is, feel free to reach out and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

By *ipsforlipsMan
10 weeks ago

Nuneaton

Hi OP,

I remember days like those. One of my breakthroughs came when I realised down days would never be great days, but they could become average days (as in somewhere in the middle between best and worst).

Often the step to getting to a middle-day isn't a big one, often it can be just one thing. So, if I can ask you, what one thing would lift your day a step closer to 'middle' - it could be as simple as a good cup of coffee - find it, treat yourself, and enjoy it.

With luck you may find more than one.

When you close your day, remember those 'small highlights'.

It's not a 'magic bullet', cos they don't exist, but 'small highlights' do.

This is one of the things that helped me. I can't PM you, but you are welcome to PM me if you want to chat about anything.

It can start with "just one thing"

By *ustful_LionessWoman
10 weeks ago

Heaven-sent

Sending you virtual love..

It’s hard work when there’s so much loss in life, I have very little advice but please know that you’re not alone in your grief.

A walk in nature or maybe a swim, are both quite rejuvenating to the soul. Perhaps reaching out to a close friend or family member and go for a spot of brunch/lunch and chat until you’re both smiling and laughing, always helps.

Much love OP xx

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
10 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"I’ll send hugs & reassurance that it’s just a bad day - not a bad life xxx

I have zero advice as I just ignore my bad days/feelings and power through. I’m fairly sure my approach to mental health isn’t actually very healthy 😬"

I can only echo what Misty says to be honest including the mental health piece. Push through the trauma to the other side. Deal with what you can affect and things will get better.

All the best.

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

"Sending you virtual love..

It’s hard work when there’s so much loss in life, I have very little advice but please know that you’re not alone in your grief.

A walk in nature or maybe a swim, are both quite rejuvenating to the soul. Perhaps reaching out to a close friend or family member and go for a spot of brunch/lunch and chat until you’re both smiling and laughing, always helps.

Much love OP xx"

Thank you for that x

As for the close family member, I lost my mother also when I was 12 so all I have left is my stepmother(who rarely speaks to me) and my stepbrother who is usually quite pre occupied

By *inxy777Woman
10 weeks ago

essex

Sending you a 🤗. X

By *ell GwynnWoman
10 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Hey OP, don't apologise for reaching out. Never do that.

We all get those days, and acknowledging it and taking steps to self-soothe are far better than ignoring what you need and charging on ahead regardless. I like to watch Flight of the Conchords and Bob Mortimer on YouTube to perk me up. Bob Mortimer's "Chris Rea popped an egg in my bath" clip on Would I Lie To You is the perfect tonic for a blue day

By *eroLondonMan
10 weeks ago

Mayfair

Sending man-hugs and p➕sitive vibes your way, OP..🫂

By *ischaTV/TS
10 weeks ago

Sheffield

Hey…..big hug and let’s look ahead, something good must be coming up, small steps.

By *restonguy1981Man
10 weeks ago

preston

OP I’m so sorry you’re feeling crappy pal 😞

Focus on work today though, I’m in work and it can be a great distraction.

But then just try to embrace and work through every one of those other problems as you need to.

If you ever want to chat just pop me a message pal.

We all have struggles but life is to be embraced and problems to be solved pal 😊

By *imply DeeWoman
10 weeks ago

Wherever

Hi OP, not in a best place myself and not a cheerful person in general so I won’t be telling jokes but sending positive thoughts.

By *heGateKeeperMan
10 weeks ago

Stratford

Never apologise for not being 100%.

Anyone whose ever a little meh can certainly reach out to me and I’m sure many others either on here or over coffee

By *heGateKeeperMan
10 weeks ago

Stratford

"Hi OP, not in a best place myself and not a cheerful person in general so I won’t be telling jokes but sending positive thoughts."

By *ustful_LionessWoman
10 weeks ago

Heaven-sent

"Sending you virtual love..

Much love OP xx

Thank you for that x

As for the close family member, I lost my mother also when I was 12 so all I have left is my stepmother(who rarely speaks to me) and my stepbrother who is usually quite pre occupied"

If you were closer I’d offer my ear and a very fine Americano x

By *tephTV67TV/TS
10 weeks ago

Cheshire

Some really lovely people on here today, amazing responses to your post Op.

By creating this thread anyone else in a similar situation will also take some comfort from these comments today.

Sending you love and hope you find the strength and get on with your day and life.

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

Thank you all, I appreciate every single one of you here... I really do x

By *ookie46Woman
10 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I found this quote on Grief when my grandson died and it resonated with me

Grief, I’ve learned is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corner of your eyes, the lump in your throat and in the hollow part of your chest.

Grief is just love with no place to go.

Sending positive thoughts OP, my inbox is always open

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman
10 weeks ago

Medway

"

Grief, I’ve learned is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corner of your eyes, the lump in your throat and in the hollow part of your chest.

"

Grief is love with no place to go is one of my quotes. It helped me understand that my grief, as painful as it is, is a beautiful thing because it's shows we have loved and will continue to love. Like others have said, it's so great that you have reached out. I love the jokes and positivity that have been shared and equally love those posts from people have been honest and said that they don't have anything to give. But I think sharing that you're also not feeling great, is a sign of solidarity. Sending love and hugs to anyone who it needs them xxxxxxxxx

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

"

Grief is love with no place to go is one of my quotes. It helped me understand that my grief, as painful as it is, is a beautiful thing because it's shows we have loved and will continue to love. Like others have said, it's so great that you have reached out. I love the jokes and positivity that have been shared and equally love those posts from people have been honest and said that they don't have anything to give. But I think sharing that you're also not feeling great, is a sign of solidarity. Sending love and hugs to anyone who it needs them xxxxxxxxx"

Thank you xx this has been truly moving with some of you that have reached out.

It has made me feel better but there are things out of my control that are still bugging me and causing me to have a bit of a spiral today

By *d mirerMan
10 weeks ago

lost

"Good morning all,

I am feeling a little bit blue today... might be a mixture of having to be in work, a few problems at home, losing my dog of 14 years back in February (still catches my mind very often) and still missing my Dad from losing him to cancer 2 years ago... plus (if you've been following the other thread - 'Jealousy') that event is happening tonight.

So yeah.. just reaching out to see what all you guys are up to? Tell me something funny or whatever you can to help keep my mind busy and cheer me up slightly x

Thank you in advance, and sorry"

Hey OP , loss sucks it really does and so does feeling down . I lost my brother when we were kids and every summer it hits me , all I try to do is afford the thoughts some time , I went through a guilt complex about still being here when he’d gone but we can’t do anything about those we lose , humans and animals (I’ve wept over many a pet) but we can remember the best of them and remember that we’re still here and live on for those we love .

Shit days pass man , the next will be brighter .

To maybe amuse , I’ll tell you of a recent falling down as opposed to feeling down !

A few weeks back , away camping in my van , piched up in a farmers field (with permission) I took my dogs for a late night walk , decided to hold the head torch in my hand as all manner of beasties were flying around , went to cut through some heavily over grown foliage at the edge of a field and found myself walking off the edge of a 6 foot drop into a field drain trench with about 2 feet of black stagnant water and mud in the bottom . The dogs then decided to jump in and ‘help’ ! The three of us were caked in stinking stagnant mud ! Cue a midnight strip and a cold buckets of water wash for us all then a dry off by the fire . It was 3am before I got to bed 😂

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

"Good morning all,

Thank you in advance, and sorry

Hey OP , loss sucks it really does and so does feeling down . I lost my brother when we were kids and every summer it hits me , all I try to do is afford the thoughts some time , I went through a guilt complex about still being here when he’d gone but we can’t do anything about those we lose , humans and animals (I’ve wept over many a pet) but we can remember the best of them and remember that we’re still here and live on for those we love .

Shit days pass man , the next will be brighter .

To maybe amuse , I’ll tell you of a recent falling down as opposed to feeling down !

A few weeks back , away camping in my van , piched up in a farmers field (with permission) I took my dogs for a late night walk , decided to hold the head torch in my hand as all manner of beasties were flying around , went to cut through some heavily over grown foliage at the edge of a field and found myself walking off the edge of a 6 foot drop into a field drain trench with about 2 feet of black stagnant water and mud in the bottom . The dogs then decided to jump in and ‘help’ ! The three of us were caked in stinking stagnant mud ! Cue a midnight strip and a cold buckets of water wash for us all then a dry off by the fire . It was 3am before I got to bed 😂"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ffs... that kind of mud is the worst. The thought of the smell makes me wretch. Even the most unfortunate of things can happen to the nicest of people

By *had_ThunderCockMan
10 weeks ago

Sydney University Wank Bank

Mr K

Read your message and wanted to say how I appreciate your vulnerability on the forum and the courage to each out at these moment.

It’s at these times when we focus on the pain, you must remember to take care of yourself. Sometimes you get so busy taking care of others that you forget that you are important too. We neglect our selves thinking and saying to ourselves with that inner voice - I’ll be okay.

Sometimes we need to understand we’re not as resilient as we think, and that’s okay! It’s okay to feel things. It’s okay overthink. But reaching out and sharing is the best. Sometimes we get busy losing ourselves in the process of losing people those closest to us.

It’s clear that to love, we must remove our armor, exposing our heart. For love cannot be had without the risk of being wounded. You find yourself here.

Head, up, shoulders back…deep breath. Making yourself happy again is the biggest comeback.

CONVINCE YOURSELF EVERYDAY THAT YOU ARE WORTHY OF A GOOD LIFE. LET GO OF STRESS, BREATHE. STAY POSITIVE, ALL IS WELL.

You’re in the arena, I’m in it with you.

Reach out, but we all have you here.

Chad ThunderCock

(I know, it’s hard to take serious advice from a guy with my name; but I have history & this mantra, ‘Strength does not come from winning, it comes from struggling’.) Experience.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
10 weeks ago

Southampton

"Good morning all,

I was in a very dark place yesterday,sending hugs ..my inbox is always open.. x

By *ealMissShadyWoman
10 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"Good morning all,

Sounds like you have had a fuck ton to deal with and it's a lot to process all at once. Take every day, small steps.

Self care is important right now, make yourself priority

Just know you aren't alone x

10 weeks ago

Hey sorry to hear your struggling, as above said you are not alone plenty including myself happy to listen and help if possible

By *agic johnsonMan
10 weeks ago

morden

Go for a walk , do half hour of mild exercise, it will kick off some dopamine in your system , I guarantee you will feel better after brother , it's what I do and works every time

By *allumUKMan
10 weeks ago

KingsLynn

Hi. Wanna see my bum? That'll perk you up a bit.

By *andT2023Couple
10 weeks ago

in the middle

Really hope you are ok tonight xx

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman
10 weeks ago

Medway

"

Grief is love with no place to go is one of my quotes. It helped me understand that my grief, as painful as it is, is a beautiful thing because it's shows we have loved and will continue to love. Like others have said, it's so great that you have reached out. I love the jokes and positivity that have been shared and equally love those posts from people have been honest and said that they don't have anything to give. But I think sharing that you're also not feeling great, is a sign of solidarity. Sending love and hugs to anyone who it needs them xxxxxxxxx

Thank you xx this has been truly moving with some of you that have reached out.

It has made me feel better but there are things out of my control that are still bugging me and causing me to have a bit of a spiral today"

Really hoping that you're feeling better than earlier xx

By *or-QueeningMan
10 weeks ago

Manchester

Hope your mood has lifted a little.

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

It has lifted a little, right now in kinda struggling in my head a bit

10 weeks ago

"It has lifted a little, right now in kinda struggling in my head a bit"

What’s on your mind message if you need to

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
10 weeks ago

Thank you, I'll be OK. Just things happening right now that are out of my control whilst I'm not there x

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
9 weeks ago

Good morning all....

I didn't want to be the guy that brings everyone down in the forum, or being 'that sad depressing guy'

But I only scratched the surface of the bad things that happened the year my Dad passed away.

He was suffering with kidney cancer and liver cancer and at the time of one of his surgeries, my nan also passed away (Feb 2022) after reaching 100 years of age.

My aunty (my Dad's eldest sister who lived next door to my gran) her birthday was 2 days after Nan (her mum) passed. My aunt passed away on her own birthday 2 days later. It's unclear or not if it was suicide or not as she got up at 5am and left my uncle in bed and went missing.. we reckon she went for a walk in nothing but her nighty and walking boots and left her phone, but was found sadly passed away in a lake a few miles away.

Dad was beside himself having lost his mum and his sister within two days of each other. He was also recovering from major surgery at this time.

Sadly, we lost my father in May 2022 as he lost his battle with cancer.

I know this is a heavy heavy topic and I didn't want it to be a heavy read or burden for people on here. This is supposed to be a light and breezy forum so I appreciate it's not always the place for a post like this.

However, it's been on my mind along with all the other things I posted in the very first opening post.. Facebook has a great way of triggering memories on your timeline doesn't it?

I apologise if this is a triggering read... if you're struggling yourself or know anyone who is struggling, please please reach out as I'm sure we'd rather listen to them, then remember them in a eulogy.

Some helpful numbers:-

Samaritans - 116 123

Suicide SoS helpline - 08081151505

Macmillan - 0808 808 00 00

By *hite pineappleCouple
9 weeks ago

leeds

Have a little perv at our pictures if that helps at all ?

Sarah xx

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man
9 weeks ago

"Have a little perv at our pictures if that helps at all ?

Sarah xx"

I had a perve, it did help a little. Thank you x

By *hite pineappleCouple
9 weeks ago

leeds

You are very welcome xx

By *oupleSeducedCouple
9 weeks ago

Canterbury/Greenwich

This will pass, just focus on the good you have in your life right now and the negative will soon fade away. Treat yourself to something that you enjoy even something small.

A KFC bucket always cheers me up ask for extra wings.

By *ot scot bunsMan
9 weeks ago

carnoustie

Every storm runs out of rain...keep the chin up mate good times always ahead

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
9 weeks ago

Southampton

"Every storm runs out of rain...keep the chin up mate good times always ahead"

That is a brilliant song !