Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

Forget the virus climate lockdowns are coming

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oxford City Council is proposing it becomes a 15 minute city. Look it up. Fascinating, now the government knows the public will comply new policy is being introduced.

They will trial climate lockdowns. Each area is to be divided up and electronic gates will be installed on all exit routes out of the 15 min zone . All cars registered and residents will only be allowed out of the area if you apply to the council for exemption ie to visit a relative or go on holiday.

I cant quite believe what I have read. Its all on Oxford City Council website.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Real life hunger games

Reply privately

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Oxford City Council is proposing it becomes a 15 minute city. Look it up. Fascinating, now the government knows the public will comply new policy is being introduced.

They will trial climate lockdowns. Each area is to be divided up and electronic gates will be installed on all exit routes out of the 15 min zone . All cars registered and residents will only be allowed out of the area if you apply to the council for exemption ie to visit a relative or go on holiday.

"

Oxford City Council are well know anti cat. Are you able to post a link please to the info you’ve quoted as I have to travel to Oxford for regular hospital appointments. TIA.

Reply privately

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

I think you will find that it is a scheme to prevent through traffic in the city centre. Some exemptions apply but most will be directed via the ring road.

Reply privately

By *aidForSharingWoman
over a year ago

Lancs

Bristol is going to charge all petrol vehicles £9 a day if they enter the city

Reply privately

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"Oxford City Council is proposing it becomes a 15 minute city. Look it up. Fascinating, now the government knows the public will comply new policy is being introduced.

Oxford City Council are well know anti cat. Are you able to post a link please to the info you’ve quoted as I have to travel to Oxford for regular hospital appointments. TIA. "

A simple Google "15 minute city Oxford" will give you lots of results and links.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Here's a source.

I'm not sure how anyone gets "lockdown" out of this. Maybe it's not written in English?

https://www.oxford.gov.uk/news/article/2115/britain_s_first_zero_emission_zone_begins_in_oxford

Reply privately

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

HYPERBOLE ALERT

It's not a "climate lockdown" at all. It's basically the London congestion charge but for co2 emitting vehicles in the city center between 7am - 7pm. Electric vehicles are unaffected.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

It's not a "climate lockdown" at all. It's basically the London congestion charge but for co2 emitting vehicles in the city center between 7am - 7pm. Electric vehicles are unaffected. "

That's far too sensible. Ban that. Because free speech

Reply privately

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

As far as we are concerned anything that reduces cars on the road in favour of pedestrians, bikes etc is a good thing

Reply privately

By *rotic desiresWoman
over a year ago

Here and there

"

Yep, that's the future.

Digital EU passport being trialled in Finland now "Further to trials by a select number of member states, the proposal is to roll out digital passports and security documents in all 27 countries belonging to the European Union.

In this latest step away from physical travel documents, processes for proving the right to travel look to become simplified. Passengers will be able to send advanced digital ID documents such as a passport to border authorities in advance to making a journey."

Cashless society and social credit system to follow - but, of course, it's a conspiracy

Reply privately

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

It's not a "climate lockdown" at all. It's basically the London congestion charge but for co2 emitting vehicles in the city center between 7am - 7pm. Electric vehicles are unaffected. "

Are you saying that the link the OP posted to prove what they said, doesn't prove what they said the link said?

Because that would be unusual.....

Winston

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"now the government knows the public will comply..."

This was my first clue that this was gonna be good!

"...I cant quite believe what I have read. "

Me neither!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

It's not a "climate lockdown" at all. It's basically the London congestion charge but for co2 emitting vehicles in the city center between 7am - 7pm. Electric vehicles are unaffected.

Are you saying that the link the OP posted to prove what they said, doesn't prove what they said the link said?

Winston "

I think the only person who's posted a link so far is me.

Always check the source.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

Winston

I think the only person who's posted a link so far is me.

Always check the source."

Good point, I should said "source they cited" doesn't say what they claim it says.

Winston

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Oxford City Council are well know anti cat. Are you able to post a link please to the info you’ve quoted as I have to travel to Oxford for regular hospital appointments. TIA. "

What have the council got against cats?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

Oxford City Council are well know anti cat. Are you able to post a link please to the info you’ve quoted as I have to travel to Oxford for regular hospital appointments. TIA.

What have the council got against cats? "

Evil self centred barstewards!

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You will have to read about the concept of 15 minute cities. It isn't just like the congestion charge. You will have 100 days use of your vehicle allocated per year amongst other regulations.

Doesn't stop you leaving the area by other transport means, unless the government shut them down, then its on foot roller skates or bicycle.

Maybe heading towards a car less society?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

Read the link for _naswingdress, thanks. Nowhere does it say anything about electronic gates, so I'd again ask OP to give their source.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

Found the link, one Councillor talking bollox.

Come back when it happens....

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You will have to read about the concept of 15 minute cities. It isn't just like the congestion charge. You will have 100 days use of your vehicle allocated per year amongst other regulations.

Doesn't stop you leaving the area by other transport means, unless the government shut them down, then its on foot roller skates or bicycle.

Maybe heading towards a car less society? "

I cited a source above, which came from my search of 15 minute cities.

On the site you said.

Seems like a congestion charge to me. Unless it's not written in English or you have another source? One that knows more about Oxford City Council than Oxford City Council?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Found the link, one Councillor talking bollox.

Come back when it happens.... "

Oh I see. Credit cards and prisons exist therefore democracy is over save yourself wake up sheeple.

Cool cool.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"You will have to read about the concept of 15 minute cities. It isn't just like the congestion charge. You will have 100 days use of your vehicle allocated per year amongst other regulations.

Maybe heading towards a car less society? "

People are going to be limited to 100 allocated days use of their car?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"As far as we are concerned anything that reduces cars on the road in favour of pedestrians, bikes etc is a good thing "

Particularly in a city centre with an infrastructure that can't cope with huge volumes of cars.

And has park and rides, public transport, bike lanes all providing an alternative option

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I can't believe what I just read either.

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cities used to be dominated by bikes and early mass transit systems (trams, streetcars, etc.) up until fairly recently (60s). It's objectively healthier and better for all involved to go back to that earlier way of doing things. Car dependence is bad for the planet and bad for your body.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps someone just remembered lockdown being discussed during lockdown about how low air pollution was reduced .. then Greenies started the notion of climate lockdown .. I doubt many of you bothered to read Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 .. or look at the predictions on UKfire.org .. they want to leave the UK with only 3 airports ..

But all this is conspiracy

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Perhaps someone just remembered lockdown being discussed during lockdown about how low air pollution was reduced .. then Greenies started the notion of climate lockdown .. I doubt many of you bothered to read Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 .. or look at the predictions on UKfire.org .. they want to leave the UK with only 3 airports ..

But all this is conspiracy "

Could yiu tell us more about Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 please?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Perhaps someone just remembered lockdown being discussed during lockdown about how low air pollution was reduced .. "

It was reduced massively. So surely we should recognise that and work towards it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perhaps someone just remembered lockdown being discussed during lockdown about how low air pollution was reduced .. then Greenies started the notion of climate lockdown .. I doubt many of you bothered to read Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 .. or look at the predictions on UKfire.org .. they want to leave the UK with only 3 airports ..

Could yiu tell us more about Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 please?"

Forgive me Klaus Schwab the great reset .. down load the pdf

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Perhaps someone just remembered lockdown being discussed during lockdown about how low air pollution was reduced ..

It was reduced massively. So surely we should recognise that and work towards it?"

For sure but not to lockdown the country that has massive reprocussions

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

If I give Anita a "piggy-back-ride", would I be classed as a CO2 emitting vehicle?

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I doubt many of you bothered to read Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030..."

That probably says more about you than those you are patronising.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Could yiu tell us more about Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 please?"

Oh god, please don't!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

If I give Anita a "piggy-back-ride", would I be classed as a CO2 emitting vehicle? "

Only if you parp.....

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I doubt many of you bothered to read Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030...

That probably says more about you than those you are patronising.

"

I'd say your reply speaks volumes.. not sure where the patrony was but there you go ..off to the naughty step I go

As I've noticed the band of buddies that cling together should anything rebutt them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Could yiu tell us more about Claus Schwabs Agenda 2030 please?

Oh god, please don't! "

So you don't think the man Whom locked down the world then with help from the world leaders hatched the great reset are you not alarmed by any of the things that have been laid out ... Rainbows everywhere the Q+ and MAPs Minor Attracted People .. by 2050 you'll all have to accept them .. but hey all conspiracy right ..

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

If I give Anita a "piggy-back-ride", would I be classed as a CO2 emitting vehicle?

Only if you parp.....

Winston "

How is the level of "parpage" assessed?

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"That probably says more about you than those you are patronising.

I'd say your reply speaks volumes.. not sure where the patrony was but there you go "

You don't think 'I doubt many of you bothered to read...' was patronising? Honestly?

What would you call it? Superior? Presumptuous? Or did you actually think it was a productive way to engage others in a dialogue?

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"So you don't think the man Whom locked down the world then with help from the world leaders hatched the great reset are you not alarmed by any of the things that have been laid out ... Rainbows everywhere the Q+ and MAPs Minor Attracted People .. by 2050 you'll all have to accept them .. but hey all conspiracy right .. "

Calm down, mate. Show me where I used the word 'conspiracy.'

I like rainbows.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

Only if you parp.....

Winston

How is the level of "parpage" assessed? "

The New World Order will use the Economic Forum to install mandatory methane meters in your pants.

Beatings will continue if parpage doesn't reduce

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd say your reply speaks volumes.. not sure where the patrony was but there you go

You don't think 'I doubt many of you bothered to read...' was patronising? Honestly?

What would you call it? Superior? Presumptuous? Or did you actually think it was a productive way to engage others in a dialogue? "

I've lingered on here long enough I've read the threads.. I was being presumptuous given half of you won't read what's put infront of you and or Refute anything that goes against your own opinions .. that reply was specifically patronising..

I'm available for an English lesson anytime you are free I'm also very articulate and have saved a few choice words

You seem to want to bat but don't like bowling

Shame as I can do both

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So you don't think the man Whom locked down the world then with help from the world leaders hatched the great reset are you not alarmed by any of the things that have been laid out ... Rainbows everywhere the Q+ and MAPs Minor Attracted People .. by 2050 you'll all have to accept them .. but hey all conspiracy right ..

Calm down, mate. Show me where I used the word 'conspiracy.'

I like rainbows. "

You haven't I have .. its called satire

Reply privately

over a year ago

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

Only if you parp.....

Winston

How is the level of "parpage" assessed? "

All trousers produced with a more than 32inch waist will have to be fitted with a parpometer sewn into the buttockus area.

Parps will be measured for noise and air quality (or lack thereof).

Anything over 4 decibummers noise level will automatically self combust.

Winston

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Forgive me Klaus Schwab the great reset .. down load the pdf "

In the interest of discussion, could you offer a summary?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I'd say your reply speaks volumes.. not sure where the patrony was but there you go

What would you call it? Superior? Presumptuous? Or did you actually think it was a productive way to engage others in a dialogue?

I've lingered on here long enough I've read the threads.. I was being presumptuous given half of you won't read what's put infront of you and or Refute anything that goes against your own opinions .. that reply was specifically patronising..

I'm available for an English lesson anytime you are free I'm also very articulate and have saved a few choice words

Shame as I can do both

"

But I've invited yiy to tell us more and you won't. Or can't.

Referencing something obscure, telling people unfamiliar with it to do their own research and celebrating that they haven't as some sort of victory isn’t really proving a point

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"You haven't I have .. its called satire "

Pssst... that's not satire.

I think you know the post I referred to was patronising. And you only made it was by doubling-down.

I wish you well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shame as I can do both

"

My ironyometer blows a fuse when say "half of you won't read what's put in front of you and refute anything that goes against your own opinions"

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

In the interest of discussion, could you offer a summary?"

A very Quick one .. from my peanut sized brain so it will be open to pulled to pieces or I could provide you with the download

That big bug set the wheels of things need to change in Motion Head of WHO was suddenly massive on the world stage

We've had world forums before where these great changes get planned but

Cv19 gave them the chance to bring about world change .. You think the explosion of genders and sexes was an accident in the Q+ they want to add MAPs minor attracted people.. they don't touch kids but admit to looking at them in a sexual way .. that is to be normalised and to a certain extent is becoming a reality .. can't remember his name but a uK polititian came out as a MAP on twitter

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

have you not looked at the agenda 2030 coloured wheel .. its similar to that spells out the problem in each colour qaud the reaction and the solution

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I'm available for an English lesson anytime you are free I'm also very articulate and have saved a few choice words

Shame as I can do both

"

I'm pleased you've saved some choice words. Hold them tightly.

I've rarely been more confident of a decision than this - I might pass on the English lesson. (God, can you imagine how that might have sounded if you were patronusing?!)

I'm happy to bat or bowl. (Or talk like grown-ups.) I'm very happy you can both bat and bowl. That's nice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shame as I can do both

But I've invited yiy to tell us more and you won't. Or can't.

Referencing something obscure, telling people unfamiliar with it to do their own research and celebrating that they haven't as some sort of victory isn’t really proving a point "

That reply wasn't yours but thanks .. can't remember telling anyone to go do thier research now that really would be patronising

Reply privately

over a year ago

A very Quick one .. from my peanut sized brain so it will be open to pulled to pieces or I could provide you with the download

That big bug set the wheels of things need to change in Motion Head of WHO was suddenly massive on the world stage

Cv19 gave them the chance to bring about world change .. You think the explosion of genders and sexes was an accident in the Q+ they want to add MAPs minor attracted people.. they don't touch kids but admit to looking at them in a sexual way .. that is to be normalised and to a certain extent is becoming a reality .. can't remember his name but a uK polititian came out as a MAP on twitter

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

have you not looked at the agenda 2030 coloured wheel .. its similar to that spells out the problem in each colour qaud the reaction and the solution "

A well served word salad.

A bit less articulate than I was expecting to be honest.

Winston

Reply privately

over a year ago

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

have you not looked at the agenda 2030 coloured wheel .. its similar to that spells out the problem in each colour qaud the reaction and the solution

Winston "

salad yes thats the plan along with bugs and lab grown substitutes to meat

Oh you did not mean that did you Winston

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So we're turning trying to be environmentally responsible into a conspiracy now?

Right. Ok. That's worrying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm available for an English lesson anytime you are free I'm also very articulate and have saved a few choice words

Shame as I can do both

I've rarely been more confident of a decision than this - I might pass on the English lesson. (God, can you imagine how that might have sounded if you were patronusing?!)

I'm happy to bat or bowl. (Or talk like grown-ups.) I'm very happy you can both bat and bowl. That's nice."

That is a shame seen as you like to either school me or belittle me .. either way it's all cool

I'm not trying to upset or offend anyone it's just the brash way I speak

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

15 minute cities can't work. Nice concept though.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"That is a shame seen as you like to either school me or belittle me .. either way it's all cool "

I'm not sure what the shame is?

I can promise you that I have zero desire to "school" or "belittle" you. I don't know who you are, beyond pixels on a screen! However, I would suggest that what you call someone liking to "school" you was just a forum poster pointing out a shitty way to address people.

Make of that what you will.

Anyway, anyone wanna address the topic the OP brings up?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

Shame as I can do both

I'm happy to bat or bowl. (Or talk like grown-ups.) I'm very happy you can both bat and bowl. That's nice.

That is a shame seen as you like to either school me or belittle me .. either way it's all cool

I'm not trying to upset or offend anyone it's just the brash way I speak

"

Not trying …. But managing. Ah, bless your cotton socks

Reply privately

over a year ago

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

Winston salad yes thats the plan along with bugs and lab grown substitutes to meat

Oh you did not mean that did you Winston "

As a result, our commitment to zero emissions in 2050 requires that we refrain from eating beef and lamb. From ukfires.org

Reply privately

over a year ago

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

Winston salad yes thats the plan along with bugs and lab grown substitutes to meat

As a result, our commitment to zero emissions in 2050 requires that we refrain from eating beef and lamb. From ukfires.org "

There are no options for zero-emissions flight in the time available for action, so the industry faces a rapid contraction. Developments in electric flight may be relevant beyond 2050.again ukfires as it mirrors Klaus and his book .. I first became aware of ukfires.org back in 2020 the site has ghanged somewhat as they had a lovely diagram spelling every reduction or cessation out .. And reducing the UK to 3 airports was one ..

Tho I guess we won't need to fly abroad anyway seen as we're destined to be like the Bahamas..

I'm all for change but some of the things perplex and daunt and even worry

Reply privately

over a year ago

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

Oh you did not mean that did you Winston "

Apologies for any confusion;

Articulate - expressing oneself readily, clearly, and effectively.

Hope that clears it up.

Winston

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Cv19 gave them the chance to bring about world change .. You think the explosion of genders and sexes was an accident in the Q+ they want to add MAPs minor attracted people.. they don't touch kids but admit to looking at them in a sexual way .. that is to be normalised and to a certain extent is becoming a reality .. can't remember his name but a uK polititian came out as a MAP on twitter

"

Okay, I'm fairly certain there's still only 2 sexes, but are yiu saying that covid was used as an opportunity to increase genders as part of a longterm plan to enable paedophiles?

Also when you say "they want to add", who are "they"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

Apologies for any confusion;

Articulate - expressing oneself readily, clearly, and effectively.

Hope that clears it up.

Winston "

Apology not necessary old bean I thought I'd use layman's terms.... To put something in layman's terms is to describe a complex or technical statement using words and terms that someone not specialised in a specific field can understand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cv19 gave them the chance to bring about world change .. You think the explosion of genders and sexes was an accident in the Q+ they want to add MAPs minor attracted people.. they don't touch kids but admit to looking at them in a sexual way .. that is to be normalised and to a certain extent is becoming a reality .. can't remember his name but a uK polititian came out as a MAP on twitter

Okay, I'm fairly certain there's still only 2 sexes, but are yiu saying that covid was used as an opportunity to increase genders as part of a longterm plan to enable paedophiles?

Also when you say "they want to add", who are "they"?"

Gender is sex yes .. that's was what was meant genders and sexualities .. no I'm not saying they all sprang up from CV19 I'm saying it's been drip fed us all for a very long time for yes that specific purpose of acceptance

I guess I was talking about those whom are resetting the world .. they Being The WHO and all who are signing up to the great reset World leader Inc old Charlie boy before dear mother popped her clogs

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Gender is sex yes .. that's was what was meant genders and sexualities .. no I'm not saying they all sprang up from CV19 I'm saying it's been drip fed us all for a very long time for yes that specific purpose of acceptance

I guess I was talking about those whom are resetting the world .. they Being The WHO and all who are signing up to the great reset World leader Inc old Charlie boy before dear mother popped her clogs "

Sorry, how does enabling to M to LGBQTIA+ play a part in the great reset?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I guess I was talking about those whom are resetting the world .. they Being The WHO and all who are signing up to the great reset World leader Inc old Charlie boy before dear mother popped her clogs

Sorry, how does enabling to M to LGBQTIA+ play a part in the great reset?"

Also and I'm showing my ignorance here, bit what's the great reset?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also and I'm showing my ignorance here, bit what's the great reset?"

I'm sorry this is going to sound rude .. have you had your head in the clouds for 2 or more years .. while you were making an informed choice did you not see hear or read anything about the great reset of the back of agenda 2030 and agenda 2050 or the agenda before that ..

I believe the need to add more letters ended with Q+ .. how would I know the end goal I'm not writing the book.. Would you be willing to accept a social credit score .. drip feeding your acceptance I guess .. first we had toasters then non binary then unicorns ... you catch my drift

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I'm sorry this is going to sound rude .. have you had your head in the clouds for 2 or more years .. while you were making an informed choice did you not see hear or read anything about the great reset of the back of agenda 2030 and agenda 2050 or the agenda before that ..

I believe the need to add more letters ended with Q+ .. how would I know the end goal I'm not writing the book.. Would you be willing to accept a social credit score .. drip feeding your acceptance I guess .. first we had toasters then non binary then unicorns ... you catch my drift "

No I really don't catch your drift?

So are we resetting in 2030 or 2050 and what will it entail?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe the need to add more letters ended with Q+ .. how would I know the end goal I'm not writing the book.. Would you be willing to accept a social credit score .. drip feeding your acceptance I guess .. first we had toasters then non binary then unicorns ... you catch my drift

So are we resetting in 2030 or 2050 and what will it entail?"

I've outlined this each time you ask .. and sent you the blurb to the great reset .. I don't suffer fools .. end of conversation

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

So are we resetting in 2030 or 2050 and what will it entail?

I've outlined this each time you ask .. and sent you the blurb to the great reset .. I don't suffer fools .. end of conversation "

If you say so

Reply privately

over a year ago

You'll own nothing ! And be happy .. ring any bells for anyone ..

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I'm sorry this is going to sound rude .. have you had your head in the clouds for 2 or more years .."

D'you think?!

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I went to read stuff and didn't get that it was a lockdown or even something being implemented. Just something they were asking for input on...

The idea being that everything you need would be within a 15min walking distance from your home

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

So it's a tax on not being wealthy enough to afford a supposedly clean vehicle?

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

Only if you parp.....

Winston

How is the level of "parpage" assessed?

All trousers produced with a more than 32inch waist will have to be fitted with a parpometer sewn into the buttockus area.

Parps will be measured for noise and air quality (or lack thereof).

Anything over 4 decibummers noise level will automatically self combust.

Winston "

Like all these other initiatives, it won't do anything towards saving the planet but won't half make a lot of money for the operators of the scheme!

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

Like all these other initiatives, it won't do anything towards saving the planet but won't half make a lot of money for the operators of the scheme!"

You might even get a rake off for thinking up the idea!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

So, when are these lockdowns coming?

I'm looking forward to it. It was like Christmas Day. But with better weather. So peaceful.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As far as we are concerned anything that reduces cars on the road in favour of pedestrians, bikes etc is a good thing "

I’m sure business owners won’t agree with your sentiment, some may say selfish sentiment. Do you honestly believe the rubbish we are fed saying we are killing the planet with fossil fuel, go green, go electric. Have you stopped to think of the destruction caused to mine the raw material for the “green” batteries? Produced by the biggest polluters on earth, the Chinese and yet even after being the only nation who made money during the pandemic through sales of masks etc, they pollute the hell out of everything and sell us clowns “green” batteries!! Wake up. If they wanted to go green it would be hydrogen. They are interested in revenue, not helping the environment. So your sentiment is I’m sure appropriated by some, the tree huggers and raving loony party, the stop oil lot that cause havoc etc but normal people, they don’t appreciate sentiment

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/12/22 15:22:17]

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Go electric, save the planet. Just ignore that child mining those rare earth minerals. Nothing to see here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Go electric, save the planet. Just ignore that child mining those rare earth minerals. Nothing to see here."

Exactly

Reply privately

By *lecom1Couple
over a year ago

Stornoway

60 mile round trip to the supermarket here, guess that's us fucked. Better go shoot some geese and rabbits to save the politicians, sorry I meant Greta, shit got that wrong it's the climate

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

"60 mile round trip to the supermarket here, guess that's us fucked. Better go shoot some geese and rabbits to save the politicians, sorry I meant Greta, shit got that wrong it's the climate"

Mmmm…. Rabbit stew, love it

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Agreed. especially when applied to other people!

Reply privately

By *ustagentMan
over a year ago

wa14

This will boil down to one thing= money ,all the big councils scrambling for congestion charges, fines and more control of the masses more money for their coffers

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

I _don't_ believe what I have just read. It's all from a fantasy daydream.

Reply privately

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"HYPERBOLE ALERT

So it's a tax on not being wealthy enough to afford a supposedly clean vehicle?"

No it’s stupidity. If you wanted to drive a mile through a bus gate type junction across two separate districts you will be fined for doing so without a permit. You have to drive out to the ring road and then back into the other sector that way.

Exactly the same is being planned for Birmingham.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I believe the need to add more letters ended with Q+ .. how would I know the end goal I'm not writing the book.. Would you be willing to accept a social credit score .. drip feeding your acceptance I guess .. first we had toasters then non binary then unicorns ... you catch my drift "

I love how good peoples imagination are that they can read fiction and assume it is real. I am imagining you reading animal farm next!

Reply privately

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

It’s a conspiracy! They want us all to live in a VR bath being milked for our electricity, like on The Matrix!

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

Will Oxford residents be confined to their local area?

No.

The misinformation online has linked the traffic filters to the 15-minute neighbourhoods proposal in the City Council’s Local Plan 2040, suggesting that the traffic filters will be used to confine people to their local area. This is not true.

The 15-minute neighbourhoods proposal aims to ensure that every resident has all the essentials (shops, healthcare, parks) within a 15-minute walk of their home. They aim to support and add services, not restrict them.

For the benefit of Oxford residents, what we are aiming to do is to ensure that areas of the city such as Barton, Blackbird Leys and Rose Hill have all the essential services that areas such as East Oxford and Jericho already have.

Reply privately

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

So it’s like a return to the village structure where the local shops met the majority of your needs?

That’s an astoundingly obvious good idea - instead of building more out of town retail parks.

My elderly parents have had to give up their car recently. But buses and taxis are shit. Unreliable and impractical. They live close to shops, but the greengrocers and butchers have closed down.

Can’t buy food, but could get their nails done/ tan/ vape.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Will Oxford residents be confined to their local area?

No.

The misinformation online has linked the traffic filters to the 15-minute neighbourhoods proposal in the City Council’s Local Plan 2040, suggesting that the traffic filters will be used to confine people to their local area. This is not true.

The 15-minute neighbourhoods proposal aims to ensure that every resident has all the essentials (shops, healthcare, parks) within a 15-minute walk of their home. They aim to support and add services, not restrict them.

For the benefit of Oxford residents, what we are aiming to do is to ensure that areas of the city such as Barton, Blackbird Leys and Rose Hill have all the essential services that areas such as East Oxford and Jericho already have.

"

Meeting the needs of residents?

Apocalypse! Doom!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I looked it up on the council website as the OP suggested, and none of this lockdown stuff was mentioned at all.

The 10 page document showed feedback that residents would generally walk to a facility (park/school/doctor/shop) if it was up to 15 minutes away, so for future planning the city has been divided into 15 minute areas, and each area should have all the facilities that people need, rather than for example, having all the shops in one area and people driving across the city to get to them

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I looked it up on the council website as the OP suggested, and none of this lockdown stuff was mentioned at all.

The 10 page document showed feedback that residents would generally walk to a facility (park/school/doctor/shop) if it was up to 15 minutes away, so for future planning the city has been divided into 15 minute areas, and each area should have all the facilities that people need, rather than for example, having all the shops in one area and people driving across the city to get to them "

Checking the actual source is usually a total antidote to misinformation.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"I looked it up on the council website as the OP suggested, and none of this lockdown stuff was mentioned at all.

The 10 page document showed feedback that residents would generally walk to a facility (park/school/doctor/shop) if it was up to 15 minutes away, so for future planning the city has been divided into 15 minute areas, and each area should have all the facilities that people need, rather than for example, having all the shops in one area and people driving across the city to get to them "

Hardly a radical idea is it, having facilities local to residents to reduce car usage.

A huge leap from the reality to what the OP suggested

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The 10 page document showed feedback that residents would generally walk to a facility (park/school/doctor/shop) if it was up to 15 minutes away, so for future planning the city has been divided into 15 minute areas, and each area should have all the facilities that people need, rather than for example, having all the shops in one area and people driving across the city to get to them

Hardly a radical idea is it, having facilities local to residents to reduce car usage.

A huge leap from the reality to what the OP suggested"

It sounds... convenient. Must be the end of the world as we know it.

Reply privately

By *wings_n_RoundaboutsMan
over a year ago

The North

Yep, that's the future.

Digital EU passport being trialled in Finland now "Further to trials by a select number of member states, the proposal is to roll out digital passports and security documents in all 27 countries belonging to the European Union.

In this latest step away from physical travel documents, processes for proving the right to travel look to become simplified. Passengers will be able to send advanced digital ID documents such as a passport to border authorities in advance to making a journey."

Cashless society and social credit system to follow - but, of course, it's a conspiracy "

Youre pissing against the wind on here

Reply privately

By *odsMan
over a year ago

london

Winston sounds like your ready for your 5th booster, now run along and do as your told.

Reply privately

over a year ago

why?

Reply privately

By *omerset tvTV/TS
over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

"Bristol is going to charge all petrol vehicles £9 a day if they enter the city"

Not petrol its Diesel majority of petrol cars wont be charged in Bristol

Reply privately

By *ond Jimmy BondMan
over a year ago

London

https://www.oxfordshirelive.co.uk/news/oxfordshire-news/oxfordshire-county-council-respond-viral-7900897

Reply privately

By *issSexyBootsTV/TS
over a year ago

Cardiff

Don’t worry they’re not charging all cars that drive into the city as it only applies to diesel cars that aren’t euro 6 compatible and petrol cars made before 2000 which are the heaviest polluters

The media make out it’s all cars but if you check the council website there’s links to reg checkers that allows you to see if your car is affected

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Don’t worry they’re not charging all cars that drive into the city as it only applies to diesel cars that aren’t euro 6 compatible and petrol cars made before 2000 which are the heaviest polluters

The media make out it’s all cars but if you check the council website there’s links to reg checkers that allows you to see if your car is affected "

Schemes like this only punish those least able to afford it. Hammering people on lower incomes, especially in a time of austerity really isn't fair.

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Don’t worry they’re not charging all cars that drive into the city as it only applies to diesel cars that aren’t euro 6 compatible and petrol cars made before 2000 which are the heaviest polluters

The media make out it’s all cars but if you check the council website there’s links to reg checkers that allows you to see if your car is affected

Schemes like this only punish those least able to afford it. Hammering people on lower incomes, especially in a time of austerity really isn't fair."

doing nothing helps noone. I'd have less of an issue if charges went to improving public services. The really needy don't run cars.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

A huge leap from the reality to what the OP suggested"

Sensible town planning - truly evil!

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-63901938

I hope this wasn't you OP?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-63901938

I hope this wasn't you OP? "

This shows the dangers of misinformation. Again.

I feel for the council staff who have had to withstand abuse because fraudsters manipulated information and people lapped it up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Winston sounds like your ready for your 5th booster, now run along and do as your told. "

This has what exactly to do with the opening post?

Answer, fuck all. Just a meaningless, childish insult.

Winston

Reply privately

By *alleyDaveMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

It's Complete Bull shiete

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-64001776

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-64001776"

Unlike OP to post bollox to stir the pot

Reply privately

By *ebwizMan
over a year ago

Clevedon

"Bristol is going to charge all petrol vehicles £9 a day if they enter the city"

Wrong, based on emissions, can check reg online and all euro6 are ok.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

Please keep comments to the forum, abusive DM's aren't appreciated.

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-64001776"

To be fair, I'm not sure that anyone (apart from the OP) ever believed it was true

Reply privately

By *ay40Man
over a year ago

Kinross

This year we have broken all records on coal usage.

The World record of 8 Billion tons of coal have been burnt this year and you guys all have to do as your English councillors tell you

Makes me laugh that people actually believe and follow rules

Reply privately

By *averockrockMan
over a year ago

swindon

That’s diesel no petrol!

Reply privately

By *adCherriesCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

The opening op is comedy gold! You can't beat fab for conspiracy nonsense

Reply privately

By *fternoonDelight69Man
over a year ago

Southampton

"

Sheep, pen, lock the gate...

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Bristol is going to charge all petrol vehicles £9 a day if they enter the city

Wrong, based on emissions, can check reg online and all euro6 are ok. "

So it's those who can least afford it who will have to pay?

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So it's those who can least afford it who will have to pay?"

tbf those who can least afford it can't afford a car.

And if they could they probably couldn't afford parking in Bristol.

Reply privately

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

What annoys us is the fact that electric vehicles are so called zero emissions!

Yes we agree with electric vehicles, the last two we bought are - but by no means are they zero emissions. We also don’t go telling everyone’ we’re environmentally friendly ‘ !

It’s just hidden figures .

For example,there is a diesel generator running 24/7 at our local service station to provide power solely for electric vehicles . Even when no vehicles are plugged in, it’s still running. Week in and week out ! None stop ,hours and hours with nothing plugged in sometimes.

Look at the bio- digesters. Taking up thousands and thousands of acres of valuable agricultural land to feed them whilst we import food from halfway round the globe which we can produce ourselves. Hey let’s cut down some more Amazonian rain Forrest to produce more food to ship to Blighty! Has any government or environmental bodies actually really worked the true environmental cost of that yet )! Solar panels in fields - just the same!

Also biodigesters run two sets of figures or ‘businesses’. One set to provide’ good clean energy’ at ZERO emissions don’t you know . Good for their books with the grants they get , good for the government figures ,good for the publicity, and most of all ‘ good for the environment, Yippee !

The second business has to run dozens or even hundreds of diesel agricultural vehicles to produce the crops and haul them to the digesters to produce the power. This service is’ contracted’ and therefore isn’t taken into account for the actual carbon produced to make the electricity by the bio-digester plant. It also doesn’t take into account the extra vehicles or machinery that have to be manufactured or the wearing out of hundreds of tyres a month on said vehicles and damage to the roads that had to be repaired by guess what - diesel lorries and diggers and tarmac plants! Tarmac plants burning gas or oil to produce the heat to manufacture more tarmac ,Yippee- the electric is zero emissions don’t you know!!!!

You could say that they do that anyway to produce the food but it’s not on the same scale as feeding a biodigester.

Also hybrid cars. Good for the inner city and towns- yes . But whilst driving in a none emissions zone area , not only are they producing emissions to physically drive the car along ,the engine is using more fuel than normal, maybe doubling its emissions as it’s powering a generator as well to charge up the battery ready for its next trip into an ‘Emissions free zone’ ! Yhey ! ( Maybe the wind then blows double the emissions back towards the town it’s just left )?

You can go on and on!

Does anyone know the correct answers ?

We drive cars just like everyone else and lorries too . We too have the next generations to consider as well.

What do ours anyone else think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are nothing more than a commodity to the super rich and as they desire total control of all the world's resources. It stands to reason that they want complete control of you. How you think and where you move will be to serve their agenda alone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reading

"We are nothing more than a commodity to the super rich and as they desire total control of all the world's resources. It stands to reason that they want complete control of you. How you think and where you move will be to serve their agenda alone."

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

" What annoys us is the fact that electric vehicles are so called zero emissions!

Yes we agree with electric vehicles, the last two we bought are - but by no means are they zero emissions. We also don’t go telling everyone’ we’re environmentally friendly ‘ !

It’s just hidden figures .

For example,there is a diesel generator running 24/7 at our local service station to provide power solely for electric vehicles . Even when no vehicles are plugged in, it’s still running. Week in and week out ! None stop ,hours and hours with nothing plugged in sometimes.

Look at the bio- digesters. Taking up thousands and thousands of acres of valuable agricultural land to feed them whilst we import food from halfway round the globe which we can produce ourselves. Hey let’s cut down some more Amazonian rain Forrest to produce more food to ship to Blighty! Has any government or environmental bodies actually really worked the true environmental cost of that yet )! Solar panels in fields - just the same!

Also biodigesters run two sets of figures or ‘businesses’. One set to provide’ good clean energy’ at ZERO emissions don’t you know . Good for their books with the grants they get , good for the government figures ,good for the publicity, and most of all ‘ good for the environment, Yippee !

The second business has to run dozens or even hundreds of diesel agricultural vehicles to produce the crops and haul them to the digesters to produce the power. This service is’ contracted’ and therefore isn’t taken into account for the actual carbon produced to make the electricity by the bio-digester plant. It also doesn’t take into account the extra vehicles or machinery that have to be manufactured or the wearing out of hundreds of tyres a month on said vehicles and damage to the roads that had to be repaired by guess what - diesel lorries and diggers and tarmac plants! Tarmac plants burning gas or oil to produce the heat to manufacture more tarmac ,Yippee- the electric is zero emissions don’t you know!!!!

You could say that they do that anyway to produce the food but it’s not on the same scale as feeding a biodigester.

Also hybrid cars. Good for the inner city and towns- yes . But whilst driving in a none emissions zone area , not only are they producing emissions to physically drive the car along ,the engine is using more fuel than normal, maybe doubling its emissions as it’s powering a generator as well to charge up the battery ready for its next trip into an ‘Emissions free zone’ ! Yhey ! ( Maybe the wind then blows double the emissions back towards the town it’s just left )?

You can go on and on!

Does anyone know the correct answers ?

We drive cars just like everyone else and lorries too . We too have the next generations to consider as well.

What do ours anyone else think?

"

A superb and accurate prognosis but you forgot the massive scale strip mining for the copper,lithium,cobolt,for the batteries…. Evs need strengthened tyres to cope with the added weight which in turn they wear through very quickly…. And then there’s the “recycling” there isn’t any this incudes the photoelectric cells on solar panels,the huge fibreglass blades on the climate crucifix’s and the 100,000 tonnes of concrete that they’re anchored to and that to all the birds ,bats ect that get slaughtered by them…..oh and one last thing if “renewables” are cheap why do the energy companies need billions in subsidies?

Reply privately

By *ornycouple69erCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 21/12/22 21:57:06]

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

So it's those who can least afford it who will have to pay?tbf those who can least afford it can't afford a car.

"

There's some people who actually rely on having a vehicle for work. These include couriers, warehouse workers, carers etc. It's a slap in the face for people like these during times of austerity.

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So it's those who can least afford it who will have to pay?tbf those who can least afford it can't afford a car.

There's some people who actually rely on having a vehicle for work. These include couriers, warehouse workers, carers etc. It's a slap in the face for people like these during times of austerity."

I get the issue. Although I don't know how many would go thru centre of Bristol. Or where the zone is. But when I was there you'd avoid it if you could.

My point is more to reflect that even having a car is a privalage for some that they can't afford.

I'd hope they reinvest in public transport. Much needed to help level up the very bottom of the rung.

Reply privately

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

What drivel! The 15 minute city means that all services should be available within a 15 minute walking distance. It's a popular concept being developed by urban planners all over the world, started in Paris in fact. The idea that it's some tool to lock people down is absolute conspiracy rubbish!

Reply privately

By *he fab twoCouple
over a year ago

brentwood

It’s got fuck all to do with climate change it’s all about money! You be allowed to leave your 15 min zone if you pay

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

There's some people who actually rely on having a vehicle for work. These include couriers, warehouse workers, carers etc. It's a slap in the face for people like these during times of austerity.I get the issue. Although I don't know how many would go thru centre of Bristol. Or where the zone is. But when I was there you'd avoid it if you could.

My point is more to reflect that even having a car is a privalage for some that they can't afford.

I'd hope they reinvest in public transport. Much needed to help level up the very bottom of the rung. "

For plenty having a vehicle is a necessity.

Zones such as this exist only as a way to raise revenue for failing administrations under a flimsy guise of "environmental issues"

The current and proposed ULEZ in London offer such tiny reductions in air pollution as to be negligible but will push lower earners into poverty.

It's been a slippery slope ever since Ken Livingstone was allowed to introduce the Congestion Charge and we all need to be careful how it ends.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As far as we are concerned anything that reduces cars on the road in favour of pedestrians, bikes etc is a good thing

It’s got fuck all to do with climate change it’s all about money! You be allowed to leave your 15 min zone if you pay "

You do know what the concept of a 15 minute city is?

Winston

Reply privately

By *alking miracleMan
over a year ago

Godalming

There's some people who actually rely on having a vehicle for work. These include couriers, warehouse workers, carers etc. It's a slap in the face for people like these during times of austerity.I get the issue. Although I don't know how many would go thru centre of Bristol. Or where the zone is. But when I was there you'd avoid it if you could.

I'd hope they reinvest in public transport. Much needed to help level up the very bottom of the rung.

Zones such as this exist only as a way to raise revenue for failing administrations under a flimsy guise of "environmental issues"

The current and proposed ULEZ in London offer such tiny reductions in air pollution as to be negligible but will push lower earners into poverty.

It's been a slippery slope ever since Ken Livingstone was allowed to introduce the Congestion Charge and we all need to be careful how it ends. "

The other side to this ulez wallet filler is how its expanding & the useless shit way its managed by people that have not a clue.

My Dad has lived in the same house for 40 years that's just inside the m25 by 2 miles. He has had the same car for at least 15 years and now he is told he has to pay everytime he leaves his house because of its emissions. He was meant to retire 2 years ago but instead of that, he works 40 hours a week for free helping people out which includes driving some people with severe mobility issues that need help. He has tried to appeal several times saying that he cant afford to change his people carrier and that atleast 20 people rely on him for their weekly shopping etc.

In the horrible cold ligjt of day, some of these people will die.

The rich get richer, the poor suffer to make the richer.

It does actually make me re think that I'm lucky in all this because I will be dead before it gets really bad. I certainly would want and kids because this is going to get so much worse

Reply privately

By *orking Class GentMan
over a year ago

Warrington

"I went to read stuff and didn't get that it was a lockdown or even something being implemented. Just something they were asking for input on...

The idea being that everything you need would be within a 15min walking distance from your home"

Who decides what I need?

Reply privately

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"

It does actually make me re think that I'm lucky in all this because I will be dead before it gets really bad. I certainly would want and kids because this is going to get so much worse"

I looked you up and see that you are only 40.

were you thinking of going soon?

I'm 77 and stand a better chance of avoiding an untenable future.

Reply privately

By *1876Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Begorrah....why, we'll have the Beast rising up out of the sea before long, at this rate

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

It's been a slippery slope ever since Ken Livingstone was allowed to introduce the Congestion Charge and we all need to be careful how it ends.

The other side to this ulez wallet filler is how its expanding & the useless shit way its managed by people that have not a clue.

My Dad has lived in the same house for 40 years that's just inside the m25 by 2 miles. He has had the same car for at least 15 years and now he is told he has to pay everytime he leaves his house because of its emissions. He was meant to retire 2 years ago but instead of that, he works 40 hours a week for free helping people out which includes driving some people with severe mobility issues that need help. He has tried to appeal several times saying that he cant afford to change his people carrier and that atleast 20 people rely on him for their weekly shopping etc.

In the horrible cold ligjt of day, some of these people will die.

The rich get richer, the poor suffer to make the richer.

It does actually make me re think that I'm lucky in all this because I will be dead before it gets really bad. I certainly would want and kids because this is going to get so much worse"

Only if good men do nothing

Reply privately

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

https://www.oxford.gov.uk/news/article/2275/record_your_views_oxford_local_plan_2040

Reply privately

By *1876Man
over a year ago

Dudley

"https://www.oxford.gov.uk/news/article/2275/record_your_views_oxford_local_plan_2040"

Don't panic just yet, folks...this is more about building self-sustaining communities.

Reply privately

By *upergirthukMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I tend to not do an awful lot of current affairs so this is the first I've heard of this horseshit.

Do the government plan to get rid of road tax in favour of this and if so what will they introduce to replace the millions they syphon off from the road tax that simply goes into their arse pockets already?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do wish people could keep their utter shit to the forum and out of our inbox.

Winston

Reply privately

By *alking miracleMan
over a year ago

Godalming

"

I looked you up and see that you are only 40.

were you thinking of going soon?

I'm 77 and stand a better chance of avoiding an untenable future."

Terminal liver and heart condition. I will be lucky to hit 47 but the likelihood of me seeing 50 is doubtful.

Reply privately

By *mightyMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

it's operational in Bradford already it's called CAZ clean air zone theres ring around our city that you can't drive through unless your car is euro 6 engine compliant £9 day for cars £50 day vans/wagons it's not government thing it's clowncil idea to generate extra revenue just big f**king con

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

"I went to read stuff and didn't get that it was a lockdown or even something being implemented. Just something they were asking for input on...

The idea being that everything you need would be within a 15min walking distance from your home

Who decides what I need? "

You'll own nothing and like it!

Reply privately

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"https://www.oxford.gov.uk/news/article/2275/record_your_views_oxford_local_plan_2040

Don't panic just yet, folks...this is more about building self-sustaining communities."

By restricting their travel.

Reply privately

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"What drivel! The 15 minute city means that all services should be available within a 15 minute walking distance. It's a popular concept being developed by urban planners all over the world, started in Paris in fact. The idea that it's some tool to lock people down is absolute conspiracy rubbish! "

My 80 year old father with mobility problems will look forward to his 1 hour walk then in the driving wind and rain.

I’d say it’s the exact opposite of a popular concept, it’s utterly ridiculous.

Reply privately

By *elshie69Man
over a year ago

Feltham

OK fossil fuel gone ..

No meat

NO AIR TRAVEL

As a result, our commitment to zero emissions in 2050 requires that we refrain from eating beef and lamb. From ukfires.org

There are no options for zero-emissions flight in the time available for action, so the industry faces a rapid contraction. Developments in electric flight may be relevant beyond 2050.again ukfires as it mirrors Klaus and his book .. I first became aware of ukfires.org back in 2020 the site has ghanged somewhat as they had a lovely diagram spelling every reduction or cessation out .. And reducing the UK to 3 airports was one ..

Tho I guess we won't need to fly abroad anyway seen as we're destined to be like the Bahamas..

I'm all for change but some of the things perplex and daunt and even worry "

I’m all for a good debate about what the World Leaders want to try and do and what they really think but there’s NO WAY the UK will EVER come down to just 3 airports..there’s around 40 in England alone

It won’t happen

Reply privately

By *he fab twoCouple
over a year ago

brentwood

Control control control!!

Civil war is coming

Reply privately

By *alking miracleMan
over a year ago

Godalming

"Control control control!!

Civil war is coming "

Whats so civil about war anyway. ??

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming "

Who will be starting said war?

It seems to be a threat raised by those interested in promoting stochastic terrorism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just refuse to comply.

Kick up enough fuss.

This nonsense only happens because people let it.

Reply privately

By *r-8-BBCMan
over a year ago

LONDON

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Just refuse to comply.

Kick up enough fuss.

This nonsense only happens because people let it."

British people definitely roll over and accept things like this alot more easily than other nationalities (like the French) do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Civil war is coming "

When I was a lad, where we lived, everything we needed was about 15 minutes from our front door.

We never felt controlled.

We never anticipated ant form of civil was was just around the corner.

I've found most of the people who anticipate being controlled don't have the foggiest idea what a 15 minute city actually is and are reacting based on some bollocks posted on Facebook.

Our inbox supports this view.

I'd suggest actually teasding the articles and information, rather than believing a scaremongering thread by some whose made up words and meanings that don't appear in any of the information they've actually quoted.

Winston

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

Civil war is coming

When I was a lad, where we lived, everything we needed was about 15 minutes from our front door.

I've found most of the people who anticipate being controlled don't have the foggiest idea what a 15 minute city actually is and are reacting based on some bollocks posted on Facebook.

I'd suggest actually teasding the articles and information, rather than believing a scaremongering thread by some whose made up words and meanings that don't appear in any of the information they've actually quoted.

Winston "

Some people actually believe that lord Sugar promotes bitcoin on Facebook lol

Reply privately

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"

This .

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Just refuse to comply.

Kick up enough fuss.

This nonsense only happens because people let it."

I'm going to demand that they close my local doctors and police station and run everything from London. That will teach the fuckers.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just refuse to comply.

Kick up enough fuss.

This nonsense only happens because people let it.I'm going to demand that they close my local doctors and police station and run everything from London. That will teach the fuckers. "

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Civil war is coming "

You'd like the right control upon society?

Reply privately

By *he fab twoCouple
over a year ago

brentwood

Civil war is coming

Whats so civil about war anyway. ??"

Great song

Reply privately

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple
over a year ago

Watford

"Cities used to be dominated by bikes and early mass transit systems (trams, streetcars, etc.) up until fairly recently (60s). It's objectively healthier and better for all involved to go back to that earlier way of doing things. Car dependence is bad for the planet and bad for your body."

Tell me. Do you have motorised transport yourself? Also, even if not, do you receive deliveries from supermarkets, Amazon, etc?

Reply privately

over a year ago

All of these little cities, counties and even singular countries doing things are stupid.

It will make no impact. To tackle climate change the whole world needs to act as one.

All that happens when individuals do it is that you cripple your own economy, create worsen conditions for those that live there and give your competitors an edge over you.

We in the west are really becoming stupid lately.

I’m all for fighting for the climate, but it shouldn’t be led by some random councillors in a little town. It needs to be led by world leaders.

Reply privately

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

"Cities used to be dominated by bikes and early mass transit systems (trams, streetcars, etc.) up until fairly recently (60s). It's objectively healthier and better for all involved to go back to that earlier way of doing things. Car dependence is bad for the planet and bad for your body.

Tell me. Do you have motorised transport yourself? Also, even if not, do you receive deliveries from supermarkets, Amazon, etc?"

Santa comes on his sleigh

Reply privately

over a year ago

Civil war is coming

Winston

Some people actually believe that lord Sugar promotes bitcoin on Facebook lol"

People seem to be actually thinking about "stuff" less and less every day...

Winston

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Cities used to be dominated by bikes and early mass transit systems (trams, streetcars, etc.) up until fairly recently (60s). It's objectively healthier and better for all involved to go back to that earlier way of doing things. Car dependence is bad for the planet and bad for your body.

Tell me. Do you have motorised transport yourself? Also, even if not, do you receive deliveries from supermarkets, Amazon, etc?

Santa comes on his sleigh "

dirty bastard better not make the elves clean it up (unless that's their kink).

Reply privately

over a year ago

Santa comes on his sleigh dirty bastard better not make the elves clean it up (unless that's their kink). "

Wondered why I'd got Tapioca this year.....

Winston

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Civil war is coming

It seems to be a threat raised by those interested in promoting stochastic terrorism."

Was Ghandi not classed as terrorist and Mandela too? one person’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter Che gavara (sorry if I’ve spelt it wrong)for example a symbol of freedom to billions but declared a terrorist.

But I agree there will be a public uprising the cracks are beginning to show in society the people just need a leader.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming

It seems to be a threat raised by those interested in promoting stochastic terrorism.

Was Ghandi not classed as terrorist and Mandela too? one person’s terrorist is another’s freedom fighter Che gavara (sorry if I’ve spelt it wrong)for example a symbol of freedom to billions but declared a terrorist.

But I agree there will be a public uprising the cracks are beginning to show in society the people just need a leader."

Cool. I'll get my popcorn and see how that plays out, a few lone wolves against armed forces.

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Civil war is coming

But I agree there will be a public uprising the cracks are beginning to show in society the people just need a leader.

Cool. I'll get my popcorn and see how that plays out, a few lone wolves against armed forces."

Who says the military won’t join the public they have friends,family who they will see suffering digital IDs linked to digital currency programmed to carbon credits to cut you off when you hit your carbon limit living colder hungry lives stuck in your 15 minute zone but I’m guessing you’ll love that

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming

Cool. I'll get my popcorn and see how that plays out, a few lone wolves against armed forces.

Who says the military won’t join the public they have friends,family who they will see suffering digital IDs linked to digital currency programmed to carbon credits to cut you off when you hit your carbon limit living colder hungry lives stuck in your 15 minute zone but I’m guessing you’ll love that "

I see no evidence to suggest that any of this is happening.

I do see a rise in lone wolf attacks by people who believe fringe nonsense. That's stochastic terrorism in action - people online provoke the unhinged to take action. Unfortunately it often costs the wolves their lives.

I see no reason to risk my life for nonsense.

Reply privately

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Civil war is coming

Who says the military won’t join the public they have friends,family who they will see suffering digital IDs linked to digital currency programmed to carbon credits to cut you off when you hit your carbon limit living colder hungry lives stuck in your 15 minute zone but I’m guessing you’ll love that "

thank fuck we aren't like that now. Instead I can pay my ever increasing fuel and food bills via Google Pay on my phone,that houses my fingerprint and tracks my GPS and cookies.

It ain't the government I'm worried about tbh. They'd probably end up deleting my data accidentally while trying to conditional format an excel file.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming

Who says the military won’t join the public they have friends,family who they will see suffering digital IDs linked to digital currency programmed to carbon credits to cut you off when you hit your carbon limit living colder hungry lives stuck in your 15 minute zone but I’m guessing you’ll love that thank fuck we aren't like that now. Instead I can pay my ever increasing fuel and food bills via Google Pay on my phone,that houses my fingerprint and tracks my GPS and cookies.

It ain't the government I'm worried about tbh. They'd probably end up deleting my data accidentally while trying to conditional format an excel file. "

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Civil war is coming

Who says the military won’t join the public they have friends,family who they will see suffering digital IDs linked to digital currency programmed to carbon credits to cut you off when you hit your carbon limit living colder hungry lives stuck in your 15 minute zone but I’m guessing you’ll love that

I do see a rise in lone wolf attacks by people who believe fringe nonsense. That's stochastic terrorism in action - people online provoke the unhinged to take action. Unfortunately it often costs the wolves their lives.

I see no reason to risk my life for nonsense."

You see no evidence? G20 signed up to vax passport in the summer,every country is setting up digital currency touted by the Bank of England “Brit coin” sunak(family owns a company developers of software)Hunt all saying yes,net zero Oxford,paris,Milan and others 15 minute cities, energy prices 12p going on a litre petrol+diesel more taxes financially bled dry

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming

I see no reason to risk my life for nonsense.

You see no evidence? G20 signed up to vax passport in the summer,every country is setting up digital currency touted by the Bank of England “Brit coin” sunak(family owns a company developers of software)Hunt all saying yes,net zero Oxford,paris,Milan and others 15 minute cities, energy prices 12p going on a litre petrol+diesel more taxes financially bled dry "

Yes, I'm aware of the nonsense assertions.

Given stochastic terrorism seems inevitable as a result, I at least hope it makes for entertaining viewing.

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Civil war is coming

Lord, what a load of cobblers

Reply privately

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Civil war is coming

Lord, what a load of cobblers "

Believe what you want bury your head in the sand but Save this and let’s see who’s right in a couple of years

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Civil war is coming

Lord, what a load of cobblers

Believe what you want bury your head in the sand but Save this and let’s see who’s right in a couple of years "

Given Polly's track record so far, the safe money is with Polly.

Have fun with your political project and say safe if you can.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's an unfortunate consequence of the unfettered promulgation of misinformation, along with the profitability of anger and fear.

People with ulterior motives hijack the vulnerable to believe the easily disprovable. Some of them lash out with tragic consequences, leaving all of us less safe.

Check your sources, people.

Reply privately