Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

The jabs

Jump to newest

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

Im a bit confused over what you can have etc for where your travelling to. Going to spain and lazarote soon. Do i have to have the booster jab, heard some say you only need your 2 original jabs and no booster required now....help.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You should probably check the government website of the places you're going to. That's going to be the only authoritative source.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I think the Spanish rules are changing 15th June

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

Booster no expiry date.

Jab no more than 270 days.

Recovery certificate ok

Negative test 48 hours before flight OK.

Check your passport make sure your expiry date is correct.

Not what shows as expiry in passport.

Look at issue date and it's 10 years added.

For EU it has to be valid for 3 months up to leaving EU, 6 months for some non EU and for some places 2 clear pages for stamps.

Paul saw two guys get turned away at gate as passport expired even though it showed in date within the passport, not happy bunnies.

Love Lanzarote, make sure you get the boat over to Fuertuventura its lovely.

Have fun.

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Booster no expiry date.

Recovery certificate ok

For EU it has to be valid for 3 months up to leaving EU, 6 months for some non EU and for some places 2 clear pages for stamps.

Paul saw two guys get turned away at gate as passport expired even though it showed in date within the passport, not happy bunnies.

Have fun. "

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I think the Spanish rules are changing 15th June"

Ill keep an eye out for that as i go after that date

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I checked the gov site and there are 3 points.

Being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified). See ‘If you’re fully vaccinated’.

A negative COVID-19 test: either a PCR taken within 72 hours prior to departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure. See ‘If you’re not fully vaccinated’.

Having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. You can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain. See ‘If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year’.

Having said that, you then have to see what requirements are needed to get back to the uk, as that could be different too.

By *lex D.Man
over a year ago

London

"Im a bit confused over what you can have etc for where your travelling to. Going to spain and lazarote soon. Do i have to have the booster jab, heard some say you only need your 2 original jabs and no booster required now....help. "

The Spanish authorities are simply useless and still applying draconian policy measures using unfounded scientific findings. At least now, the unvaccinated can enter by undertaking a test whereas before last week from late November 2021 entry was strictly probibited.

Make sure when you go through customs you get your sunny uplands brexit benefit by getting your passport stamped because if you don't and you try return to the UK, you're screwed.

By *lex D.Man
over a year ago

London

"I checked the gov site and there are 3 points.

Being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified). See ‘If you’re fully vaccinated’.

A negative COVID-19 test: either a PCR taken within 72 hours prior to departure, or an antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to departure. See ‘If you’re not fully vaccinated’.

Having recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months. You can also use a medical certificate or recovery record to prove your COVID-19 status on entry to Spain. See ‘If you’ve had COVID-19 in the past year’.

Having said that, you then have to see what requirements are needed to get back to the uk, as that could be different too."

No requirements; they were lifted earlier this year.

By *lex D.Man
over a year ago

London

"Booster no expiry date.

Recovery certificate ok

Have fun. "

Makes sense! UK citizens now can't stay in an EU country longer than 3 months. Another sunny upland benefit where the small things just continue to add up.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"I checked the gov site and there are 3 points.

Having said that, you then have to see what requirements are needed to get back to the uk, as that could be different too.

No requirements; they were lifted earlier this year."

That is good

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

Thanks all. Ill take a pcr nearer the time. Not putting any more unknowns inside me. Esp as a few people i know have been ill since they had the booster

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Thanks all. Ill take a pcr nearer the time. Not putting any more unknowns inside me. Esp as a few people i know have been ill since they had the booster"

“Unknowns”????

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Thanks all. Ill take a pcr nearer the time. Not putting any more unknowns inside me. Esp as a few people i know have been ill since they had the booster

“Unknowns”???? "

You know what i mean haha

over a year ago

Reading

"Thanks all. Ill take a pcr nearer the time. Not putting any more unknowns inside me. Esp as a few people i know have been ill since they had the booster

“Unknowns”????

You know what i mean haha"

If it’s unknown how can we know what you mean?

By *wFunGuy4You OP   Man
over a year ago

Cheshire

“Unknowns”????

You know what i mean haha

If it’s unknown how can we know what you mean? "

By *enuineguy76Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Isn’t it a sad state of affairs when people are taking the jabs so they can travel abroad for a holiday - let’s be honest; the majority of people especially the youth just took the jabs so they could travel or go to a concert -

over a year ago

Reading

"Isn’t it a sad state of affairs when people are taking the jabs so they can travel abroad for a holiday - let’s be honest; the majority of people especially the youth just took the jabs so they could travel or go to a concert -"

Nearly as sad as someone resurrecting a post from 5 weeks ago

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

has anyone here refused them? asking for a friend x

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

You don’t need anything …. I’ve travelled without any jib jabs

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Isn’t it a sad state of affairs when people are taking the jabs so they can travel abroad for a holiday - let’s be honest; the majority of people especially the youth just took the jabs so they could travel or go to a concert -"

I mean 25 years ago I had to have a ton of jabs to get into Gambia, non of this is new...

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"You don’t need anything …. I’ve travelled without any jib jabs "

Last week a woman was refused boarding on my Emirates flight to Sri Lanka as she couldn't show the QR codes for her vaccinations.

By *arky300Man
over a year ago

Doncaster

For Spain they've not been checking your vaccines anymore nor do you need a Spanish locator form anymore. Just a mask on public transport only

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"For Spain they've not been checking your vaccines anymore nor do you need a Spanish locator form anymore. Just a mask on public transport only "

It's easier for those wanting to travel to check on the government website and for final confirmation from the destination government, the same.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've never had one, I'm healthy, my job puts me in contact with the infected everyday and not even a sniffle. I prefer my body to be without that 'special sauce'

over a year ago

Reading

"I've never had one, I'm healthy, my job puts me in contact with the infected everyday and not even a sniffle. I prefer my body to be without that 'special sauce' "

“Special sauce” would that be Lea and Perins?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've never had one, I'm healthy, my job puts me in contact with the infected everyday and not even a sniffle. I prefer my body to be without that 'special sauce'

“Special sauce” would that be Lea and Perins? "

Usually around here special sauce means spunk

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

Ah forget the jabby rules guidence about Spain erupting "with sporadic protests of which some may turn violent" apparently on the UK government travel advice website

Post new Message to Thread