Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Virus

21st June

Jump to newest

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

Anyone else get the feeling that Boris yesterday was preparing us for the fact that the 21st June reopening is going to be delayed? Saying they are concerned about the Indian variant and that we could see a worse situation than January may be scaremongering but with the variant becoming the dominant strain in some areas, is it now looking likely that Monday will be the last reopening for some months?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Nope.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Anyone else get the feeling that Boris yesterday was preparing us for the fact that the 21st June reopening is going to be delayed? Saying they are concerned about the Indian variant and that we could see a worse situation than January may be scaremongering but with the variant becoming the dominant strain in some areas, is it now looking likely that Monday will be the last reopening for some months? "

How many times does this have to be repeated. As long as Hospital Admissions and Deaths remain very low, there is no issue. This variant already shown cannot evade vaccines.

Reply privately

By *eatrice BadinageWoman
over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Anyone else get the feeling that Boris yesterday was preparing us for the fact that the 21st June reopening is going to be delayed? Saying they are concerned about the Indian variant and that we could see a worse situation than January may be scaremongering but with the variant becoming the dominant strain in some areas, is it now looking likely that Monday will be the last reopening for some months? "

That maybe so, but all we can do is watch the data and be responsible for ourselves, we have to find a way to sensibly live with this as the Indian variant is not going to be the last one we have as it will mutate again

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

"Anyone else get the feeling that Boris yesterday was preparing us for the fact that the 21st June reopening is going to be delayed? Saying they are concerned about the Indian variant and that we could see a worse situation than January may be scaremongering but with the variant becoming the dominant strain in some areas, is it now looking likely that Monday will be the last reopening for some months?

How many times does this have to be repeated. As long as Hospital Admissions and Deaths remain very low, there is no issue. This variant already shown cannot evade vaccines. "

So no chance then that the 21st June will be delayed?

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Anyone else get the feeling that Boris yesterday was preparing us for the fact that the 21st June reopening is going to be delayed? Saying they are concerned about the Indian variant and that we could see a worse situation than January may be scaremongering but with the variant becoming the dominant strain in some areas, is it now looking likely that Monday will be the last reopening for some months?

How many times does this have to be repeated. As long as Hospital Admissions and Deaths remain very low, there is no issue. This variant already shown cannot evade vaccines.

So no chance then that the 21st June will be delayed? "

No it won't.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No it won't.

"

I am not sure how you can say that , even the minister in an interview today said they can't confirm anything

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

No one can say that 100% either way. Most of the country and activities reopen from Monday, does it really matter if some social distancing restrictions last past June.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They may do local lockdown again. I wouldn’t bank on everything being normal in June

Reply privately

over a year ago

of course there is a chance , nobody on this forum can guarantee it will or won’t go ahead , with another 6 weeks to go where things can change not even boris can guarantee that

all we can do is act on what we are told rather than speculate about what might happen

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I would say that if infections rise again like they have done this past week, we may find them leaving social distancing in place.

In my local area infection rates have doubled in a week.

Reply privately

By *uckandbunnyCouple
over a year ago

In your bed

This is the problem with keeping people informed, they then start to put their own spin on it.

Nothing is 100% the plan is to open up. But if tbey did not highlight the risk to that then people would complain that they thought it was 100% that it would happen.

But equally when they highlight the risk people then over interpret that to mean they are going to change the plan. Rather than just informing of the risks.

Even when we open up again that is not the end, events always ruin the best laid plans.

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

People will speculate and assume.

With the vaccine roll out and the government having a better grip on things than the did last year, I'm optimistic that everything will go as planned in June.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If we know today that we have a problem, it should be dealt with today, rather than kicked down the field, when it will be a bigger problem. Better to delay this next relaxation than to hint at possibly the next 1.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If we know today that we have a problem, it should be dealt with today, rather than kicked down the field, when it will be a bigger problem. Better to delay this next relaxation than to hint at possibly the next 1. "

Do you mean delay relaxations for the whole country? Because where I am cases are very low and have been for a while.

Reply privately

By *orkshire_roses999Couple
over a year ago

yorkshire

No one can say that 100% either way. Most of the country and activities reopen from Monday, does it really matter if some social distancing restrictions last past June. "

The government have plans in place but these can change as always…..the thought was to leave social distancing in place till 2022 in certain areas if infection rates increased

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

"

Emergency meeting currently to discuss the situation. Looks like only 1 outcome inevitably and with the 21st June date likely to be postponed, we may not get much of a ‘window’ before the expected rise in cases during the autumn . Yes 35m have received at least 1 jab but that leaves 35 currently unprotected. All in all it’s not looking great if the cases continue to rise which currently they are

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

No it won't.

Emergency meeting currently to discuss the situation. Looks like only 1 outcome inevitably and with the 21st June date likely to be postponed, we may not get much of a ‘window’ before the expected rise in cases during the autumn . Yes 35m have received at least 1 jab but that leaves 35 currently unprotected. All in all it’s not looking great if the cases continue to rise which currently they are "

Your speculating again.

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

No it won't.

Emergency meeting currently to discuss the situation. Looks like only 1 outcome inevitably and with the 21st June date likely to be postponed, we may not get much of a ‘window’ before the expected rise in cases during the autumn . Yes 35m have received at least 1 jab but that leaves 35 currently unprotected. All in all it’s not looking great if the cases continue to rise which currently they are "

Is this the article from the Telegraph?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They knew that cases would rise after the last relaxation, it was to be expected. The numbers they are concerned about are hospitalisations which are still falling.

With regards to the Indian variant of concern they think it is as transmissible as the Kent variant. As long as the Kent variant remains the dominant strain in the UK we should be fine.

The vast majority of the Indian variant relates to international travel, with people returning before India was placed on the red list, most of the other cases are their family members and work colleagues who have all been tested, traced and isolating. A bit like the Brazilian and South African cases earlier in the year.

Lets not freak out just yet.

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

With the horrendous amount miss information and random assumptions, it's easy to see why some are getting irritated and and angry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"With the horrendous amount miss information and random assumptions, it's easy to see why some are getting irritated and and angry.

"

and yet your first post was “nope”

presumably in response to will 21st of june be delayed, which you have no way of knowing

pot ... have you met the kettle?

Reply privately

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"With the horrendous amount miss information and random assumptions, it's easy to see why some are getting irritated and and angry.

and yet your first post was “nope”

presumably in response to will 21st of june be delayed, which you have no way of knowing

pot ... have you met the kettle? "

Again that's just my opinion. Like I also said in another post I remain optimistic.

Thanks anyway

Reply privately

over a year ago

Despite concerns about the Indian variant, the PM said he "can see nothing that dissuades me from thinking we'll be able to go ahead on Monday and indeed on 21 June everywhere" in terms of easing coronavirus restrictions in England.

Ah look a quote from the prime minister. But I’m sure others know better...

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Despite concerns about the Indian variant, the PM said he "can see nothing that dissuades me from thinking we'll be able to go ahead on Monday and indeed on 21 June everywhere" in terms of easing coronavirus restrictions in England.

Ah look a quote from the prime minister. But I’m sure others know better... "

To be fair he's not exactly squeeky clean when it comes to telling lies is he?

Not that I think he is on the 21 date, I would expect him to follow the data not the dates if that soundbite is still ok..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even with the Indian variant our test positivity percentage rate is 0.2%.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well for a start I was not on about you. So maybe you need to hit the Pause Button and have a think.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I doubt very much it will be delayed , what with the vaccination program and the hospitals and NHS not being overwhelmed now, we have to open up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Well for a start I was not on about you. So maybe you need to hit the Pause Button and have a think. "

It was in response to my post?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well for a start I was not on about you. So maybe you need to hit the Pause Button and have a think.

"

Well it was miscommunication. It was aimed at the OP

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Well for a start I was not on about you. So maybe you need to hit the Pause Button and have a think.

Well it was miscommunication. It was aimed at the OP"

Np, my apologies for digging you out..

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Did you not randomly assume it would be opening up on June 21st

If you or the other poster who decided to complain with abuse on the thread are bored of the conversation, maybe find something you do enjoy in another section

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think we wait and see.

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

He is covering his backside for the moment when he has to re introduce tiers up and down the country. So some may have a good solstice. Others won't unfortunately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Since this road map was announced at the beginning of March it has been made very clear that its just that a road map and subject to change depending on several factors.

We have no idea if this rise in cases will lead to increased hospital admissions and thats the key.

Reply privately

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

He is covering his backside for the moment when he has to re introduce tiers up and down the country. So some may have a good solstice. Others won't unfortunately. "

I agree, I think that in the majority of the country restrictions will be relaxed but he will keep some restrictions in those areas where infection rates are high.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He is covering his backside for the moment when he has to re introduce tiers up and down the country. So some may have a good solstice. Others won't unfortunately.

I agree, I think that in the majority of the country restrictions will be relaxed but he will keep some restrictions in those areas where infection rates are high."

It didn't work last time though so it seems pointless having regional restrictions unless its like who they do it in Australia and New Zealand.

Reply privately

By *ldaCouple
over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

We’ve got six weeks. Infections are still very low compared to before, deaths and hospitalisations are minimal. So long as they stay low, there won’t be any reason not to relax restrictions. We can’t carry on with this ‘but what if’ way of thinking.

I also suspect that one of the reason for rate rise is the constant testing increase

Reply privately

By *quirtyndirty!Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

But they said that after this lockdown was ended it would be "irreversible" more lies

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

It is possible things may not go as planned as some areas having a rise in cases

Reply privately

over a year ago

Everything is set out ready in the event that it’s needed - it’s going to happen.

Handcock has said and indirectly quote.

“ the only thing that would prevent England coming out of lockdown on June 21 would be the emergence of a mutant strain that makes vaccinated people severely ill”

Interesting this statement. He seems to know something more already -

Put your hands up if you know about the ferrets?

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's a shame he didn't decide to close the boarders so UK would be safe from other forms of the virus now we have that here which makes me wonder were people tested before flying over but are the tests reliable are we going to be going back and forth with this virus in and out of lockdown

Reply privately

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Local restrictions in affected areas is probably the way forward. Task force style testing and vaccines.

Not national lockdowns.

Reply privately

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"It's a shame he didn't decide to close the boarders so UK would be safe from other forms of the virus now we have that here which makes me wonder were people tested before flying over but are the tests reliable are we going to be going back and forth with this virus in and out of lockdown"

So are we suposed to close our borders forever because that is how long covid will be around now. We need to learn to live with it and not be afraid of some fabsters and media scaremongering.

I for 1 have had covid all be it a mild case( isolated for 2 weeks) but other than that have worked right through from day 1.

J

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

There was always going to be a rise in cases, especially now the entire population can be tested twice a week. There will be small outbreaks but the deaths and hospitalisations have stayed low and continue to get even lower.

The whole point of the lockdowns and the vaccines was to reduce the risk of death and severe illness, that is still happening and there's no data to show that will change. I think that as long as deaths and hospitalisations stay low, everything will continue as planned.

Another point, have the fucking vaccine if you can, it will help prevent another lockdown.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Local restrictions in affected areas is probably the way forward. Task force style testing and vaccines.

Not national lockdowns. "

That’s what they are doing now. It’s what they did with the South African variant and then the Brazilian variant. Neither of which has spread across the country after the targeted testing.

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"It's a shame he didn't decide to close the boarders so UK would be safe from other forms of the virus now we have that here which makes me wonder were people tested before flying over but are the tests reliable are we going to be going back and forth with this virus in and out of lockdown

So are we suposed to close our borders forever because that is how long covid will be around now. We need to learn to live with it and not be afraid of some fabsters and media scaremongering.

I for 1 have had covid all be it a mild case( isolated for 2 weeks) but other than that have worked right through from day 1.

J"

There is no proven data to say how long covid19 is going to be around this is a true fact just as much as no body expected it or how it would spread causing the number of deaths we have so far it's not something we'll have to live with in time it will go same as when the flu period occurs it doesn't last

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"It's a shame he didn't decide to close the boarders so UK would be safe from other forms of the virus now we have that here which makes me wonder were people tested before flying over but are the tests reliable are we going to be going back and forth with this virus in and out of lockdown

J"

You do understand having the boarders closed protects each country and it contains the virus in each country as it is and like UK has done very well getting people vaccinated would this be a waste of time all for nothing and what even made you think forever everything has a period and it's vital to control the flow of the virus to minimise further transmission

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not sure what's going to happen, we are in a better position than last time. Hopefully Boris won't be reversing his plans ... We gotta get on top of the virus. Well fingers crossed

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

"

Looking increasingly likely now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

When i said forever i meant now we know about it its hear and will be hear for the forceable future in one form or another so as you said about flu lets just learn to llive with it . And maybe oneday a complete cure or vaccine will be found. Other than that if needed a yearly booster jab.

Covid is very similar to when smallpox was introduced to the native americans in the 1700's it killed over 30% of the northern population but these days it is almost non existant due to vaccination

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"If we know today that we have a problem, it should be dealt with today, rather than kicked down the field, when it will be a bigger problem. Better to delay this next relaxation than to hint at possibly the next 1.

Do you mean delay relaxations for the whole country? Because where I am cases are very low and have been for a while."

The process for the last few months has been to manage England as a whole unit, without any regional variation.

My point is that we should deal with issues promptlyz rather than hint at what may happen - if that is what he did - as our experience is that we delay at our peril.

I think it's right to allocate resources where most needed, which may be on a regional level but I'm not convinced that regional lockdowns work. They may do and be very effective, but I don't know

Ideally we'll not need to backtrack but we should be aware that 17th May carries much larger risks than the former ones. As we've now got this new variant, which may be more infectious than the Kent 1, it's certainly important that we don't take undue risks.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

Well you heard what Boris just said . Sounds like he is preparing us for the fact that June 21st will be significantly delayed

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Well you heard what Boris just said . Sounds like he is preparing us for the fact that June 21st will be significantly delayed "

I heard him say there's a chance IF the Indian variant is more transmissible and causes a surge in cases.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds more like he’s just putting it out there that there COULD be changes. A bit difficult to second guess anything isn’t it. It’s still 5 weeks away, a lot may or may not happen in that time

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Sounds more like he’s just putting it out there that there COULD be changes. A bit difficult to second guess anything isn’t it. It’s still 5 weeks away, a lot may or may not happen in that time "

That's also what I took from it, no need to be alarmed just yet, wait and see how things progress.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds more like he’s just putting it out there that there COULD be changes. A bit difficult to second guess anything isn’t it. It’s still 5 weeks away, a lot may or may not happen in that time

That's also what I took from it, no need to be alarmed just yet, wait and see how things progress. "

Thats exactly my take on it too.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

"Well you heard what Boris just said . Sounds like he is preparing us for the fact that June 21st will be significantly delayed

I heard him say there's a chance IF the Indian variant is more transmissible and causes a surge in cases. "

“Not impossible that we will stick to stage 4”. I think we all know what that means

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haha love reading the morons who raced for the the jab to be free, no chance they have no intention of setting you free. When are people going to wake up, it's nothing about a virus and all about control the government will keep coming up with more bullshit to keep you under control. But keep watching the MSM lies and everything will be OK, this time next year you'll be saying soon be free lol

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Well you heard what Boris just said . Sounds like he is preparing us for the fact that June 21st will be significantly delayed

I heard him say there's a chance IF the Indian variant is more transmissible and causes a surge in cases.

“Not impossible that we will stick to stage 4”. I think we all know what that means "

Yes, it means it's not impossible.

Which doesn't mean likely or definitely, it means not impossible.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Haha love reading the morons who raced for the the jab to be free, no chance they have no intention of setting you free. When are people going to wake up, it's nothing about a virus and all about control the government will keep coming up with more bullshit to keep you under control. But keep watching the MSM lies and everything will be OK, this time next year you'll be saying soon be free lol "

I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha love reading the morons who raced for the the jab to be free, no chance they have no intention of setting you free. When are people going to wake up, it's nothing about a virus and all about control the government will keep coming up with more bullshit to keep you under control. But keep watching the MSM lies and everything will be OK, this time next year you'll be saying soon be free lol

I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem."

following the MSM makes you part of the problem

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Haha love reading the morons who raced for the the jab to be free, no chance they have no intention of setting you free. When are people going to wake up, it's nothing about a virus and all about control the government will keep coming up with more bullshit to keep you under control. But keep watching the MSM lies and everything will be OK, this time next year you'll be saying soon be free lol "

I just had a nap. It's nice to wake up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha love reading the morons who raced for the the jab to be free, no chance they have no intention of setting you free. When are people going to wake up, it's nothing about a virus and all about control the government will keep coming up with more bullshit to keep you under control. But keep watching the MSM lies and everything will be OK, this time next year you'll be saying soon be free lol

I just had a nap. It's nice to wake up "

happy you're awake now

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.following the MSM makes you part of the problem "

Ok, the data says otherwise but you carry on

I'm proud to have had my vaccines

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.following the MSM makes you part of the problem

I'm proud to have had my vaccines "

happy for you how's your freedom and holidays going that they promised you???

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem.following the MSM makes you part of the problem

I'm proud to have had my vaccines happy for you how's your freedom and holidays going that they promised you???"

Is this actually for real, or are u just posting for the wind up ?

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I'm proud to have had my vaccines happy for you how's your freedom and holidays going that they promised you???"

When did they promise that? They didn't say as soon as I have my 2 vaccines I'll be able to go back to normal.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I just had a nap. It's nice to wake up happy you're awake now "

Wide awake. Glad to have been vaccinated

Reply privately

over a year ago

You all know about the ferrets

Reply privately

over a year ago

My god people are following without asking questions i give up, we are all fucked.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Interesting post by epidemiologist Meaghan Kall on the latest PHE report into the Indian variant. Her summary is “ if this variant is as or more transmissible than B117 we should have seen a spike in cases. We have not. We have seen a small uptick, most attributed to local outbreaks. Yesterday’s cases 2,600 January 50,000.”

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My god people are following without asking questions i give up, we are all fucked. "

Reply privately

By *eau and ArrowCouple
over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"My god people are following without asking questions i give up, we are all fucked. "

Do we have it writing that you give up?

Thank god for that

Reply privately

By *andlingswingersCouple
over a year ago

Woodbridge

"

The government have plans in place ...."

Are you sure about that? They haven't had proper plans in place almost all of the way through this, from start (five missed Covid Cobra meetings for the Boris Fan Club, remember that?) through 'let's hope it just goes away' and all the way to 'if I give the job to that horsey woman whose entire career has been based on failure then what could possibly go wrong?' to 'You make vacuum cleaners and you run a pub, ok, here's several million pounds, have a go at making PPE. It doesn't have to actually work or anything, good Lord no, but do tell lots of people we're Doing Something About It, preferably in capital letters.'

There is no plan. Johnson has never had a plan in his life apart from being Prime Minister, until and unless the tabloids tell him what it is.

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've not had my jab yet, I've had quite a few reminders. Not because I think the government want to control or any of that malarky.

But, honestly, when I read that kind of tripe I just want to face palm.

Reply privately

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"Well you heard what Boris just said . Sounds like he is preparing us for the fact that June 21st will be significantly delayed "

How odd, I heard him say hospitals are not overwhelmed, that they are monitoring the situation and that other measures are being used in affected areas. (Increased vaccine supply to greater Manchester & surge testing)

So no changes to Mondays relaxation.

I did however hear him reiterate that it's time for people to assess their own risks and take responsibility so here is hoping in June he sticks with his 'time of government controls on our social and private lives to end'

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

How odd, I heard him say hospitals are not overwhelmed, that they are monitoring the situation and that other measures are being used in affected areas. (Increased vaccine supply to greater Manchester & surge testing)

So no changes to Mondays relaxation.

I did however hear him reiterate that it's time for people to assess their own risks and take responsibility so here is hoping in June he sticks with his 'time of government controls on our social and private lives to end' "

Isn't it funny that we all heard one thing and they heard something totally different? It's almost like they want to cause stress and upset in a time when there's enough of it around without their input.

Reply privately

By *irtyd468Man
over a year ago

North

"When i said forever i meant now we know about it its hear and will be hear for the forceable future in one form or another so as you said about flu lets just learn to llive with it . And maybe oneday a complete cure or vaccine will be found. Other than that if needed a yearly booster jab.

Covid is very similar to when smallpox was introduced to the native americans in the 1700's it killed over 30% of the northern population but these days it is almost non existant due to vaccination"

Introduced is a very polite way of putting it .

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"When i said forever i meant now we know about it its hear and will be hear for the forceable future in one form or another so as you said about flu lets just learn to llive with it . And maybe oneday a complete cure or vaccine will be found. Other than that if needed a yearly booster jab.

Covid is very similar to when smallpox was introduced to the native americans in the 1700's it killed over 30% of the northern population but these days it is almost non existant due to vaccination

Introduced is a very polite way of putting it ."

Quite

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

"I think we wait and see."

Reply privately

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

"Interesting post by epidemiologist Meaghan Kall on the latest PHE report into the Indian variant. Her summary is “ if this variant is as or more transmissible than B117 we should have seen a spike in cases. We have not. We have seen a small uptick, most attributed to local outbreaks. Yesterday’s cases 2,600 January 50,000.”"

The first word was 'If'.

Given that all medical practice is based on what has actually happened, not what might happen, I'd look for other sources.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

"

No chance? More likely a full lockdown by mid June . Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come if not . Maybe reopening on Monday will prove to be a costly mistake following on from the terrible decision not to put India on the red list in March when this variant was 1st discovered

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it won't.

No chance? More likely a full lockdown by mid June . Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come if not . Maybe reopening on Monday will prove to be a costly mistake following on from the terrible decision not to put India on the red list in March when this variant was 1st discovered"

Where have u seen SAGE predicting the BEST outcome is the worst wave is yet to come ?

Why the constant negative scaremongering???!!

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

No chance? More likely a full lockdown by mid June . Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come if not . Maybe reopening on Monday will prove to be a costly mistake following on from the terrible decision not to put India on the red list in March when this variant was 1st discovered

Where have u seen SAGE predicting the BEST outcome is the worst wave is yet to come ?

Why the constant negative scaremongering???!!"

Papers full of it today - read the daily mail article . Their prediction, not mine

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it won't.

Papers full of it today - read the daily mail article . Their prediction, not mine "

You said SAGE made the prediction. Now it’s the Daily Mail ? Why do people have to read things and then report it back but twist it ? All I’ve seen are lot’s of IF’S and MAYBE’S. You do realize other countries say the same thing about ‘our’ variation ? So far NO variants have been shown to be more deadly just different rates of transmission. In fact isn’t the ‘UK’ variant the dominant variant in many other countries ?

Reply privately

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

No it won't.

Papers full of it today - read the daily mail article . Their prediction, not mine

You said SAGE made the prediction. Now it’s the Daily Mail ? Why do people have to read things and then report it back but twist it ? All I’ve seen are lot’s of IF’S and MAYBE’S. You do realize other countries say the same thing about ‘our’ variation ? So far NO variants have been shown to be more deadly just different rates of transmission. In fact isn’t the ‘UK’ variant the dominant variant in many other countries ? "

I have to agree. Some of the "he said" reports that are posted, are simply not true.

The media are the biggest culprits and will manipulate any story to suit there own agenda.

Unfortunately people believe the hype regardless if its true or not.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Of course he is. The goalposts have continuosly moved since the beginning. Everyone remember how initially it was for just a few weeks?

The shot was billed as a way to return to normal and that was misleading as well. Masks and social distancing continues regardless if you've been jabbed twice. WHO, CDC, EMA and manufacturers admit the shot doesn't prevent infection, re infection or transmission but hasten to add "it'll make it less rough if you do". All this for a disease with an IFR of 0.2%, average age of death of 78 and primarily concerns ppl with frail health and numerous co morbidities. And of course the cherry on top, it's an experimental product with no safety record or prior use whose clinical trials only conclude in 2023. If you're injured by it, there's no recourse as manufacturers have legal immunity.

This is not about health but control. No return to normality is on the cards and the excuse of new and worrisome variants will be held up perpetually to cower people. Let's not forget those yearly booster shots too; because variants you know? I can see them laughing their way to the bank.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Covid: Get the jab plea as Army deployed in hotspots https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57126318

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

You said SAGE made the prediction. Now it’s the Daily Mail ? Why do people have to read things and then report it back but twist it ? All I’ve seen are lot’s of IF’S and MAYBE’S. You do realize other countries say the same thing about ‘our’ variation ? So far NO variants have been shown to be more deadly just different rates of transmission. In fact isn’t the ‘UK’ variant the dominant variant in many other countries ? "

You asked me a question- I answered it. Read what the SAGE scientists are saying today . The mail is a very clear article . It explains the impending situation according to their modelling

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

You said SAGE made the prediction. Now it’s the Daily Mail ? Why do people have to read things and then report it back but twist it ? All I’ve seen are lot’s of IF’S and MAYBE’S. You do realize other countries say the same thing about ‘our’ variation ? So far NO variants have been shown to be more deadly just different rates of transmission. In fact isn’t the ‘UK’ variant the dominant variant in many other countries ?

I have to agree. Some of the "he said" reports that are posted, are simply not true.

The media are the biggest culprits and will manipulate any story to suit there own agenda.

Unfortunately people believe the hype regardless if its true or not.

"

Either way, 21st June highly unlikely to happen now.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Personally, I'm not all that interested in the media back and forth. I'm keeping my head down and doing my bit. What happens, happens, and we all have our part to play.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it won't.

You asked me a question- I answered it. Read what the SAGE scientists are saying today . The mail is a very clear article . It explains the impending situation according to their modelling "

Would u be so kind as to show me exactly where it says the BEST scenario SAGE now predict is that the worst wave hasn’t hit us yet. By worst wave I’m sure you mean largest amount of deaths and hospitalization ? Sounds like complete BS to me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Interesting post by epidemiologist Meaghan Kall on the latest PHE report into the Indian variant. Her summary is “ if this variant is as or more transmissible than B117 we should have seen a spike in cases. We have not. We have seen a small uptick, most attributed to local outbreaks. Yesterday’s cases 2,600 January 50,000.”

The first word was 'If'.

Given that all medical practice is based on what has actually happened, not what might happen, I'd look for other sources."

I gave you her summary. Her actual report went into greater detail including graphs etc. All based on the actual PHE report. So I'd say it is a reliable source.

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

We believe we are in a watch this space situation!

Reply privately

over a year ago

100% June 21st was never going to happen in the first place it was just said to keep us all under control

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

100% June 21st was never going to happen in the first place it was just said to keep us all under control "

Data, not dates

Reply privately

By *lamourpussyCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

100% June 21st was never going to happen in the first place it was just said to keep us all under control "

I don’t think 21st June was in doubt until the arrival of the Indian variant but can’t see it happening now. I think it is much more likely that we won’t remove all restrictions now until everyone over 30 has been fully vaccinated. It’s also likely to put foreign holidays at risk as other countries aren’t going to want to risk importing the Indian variant from the UK

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Can I remind people that attacking others for their posts, IE two people having a pop at a person rather than discussing the post itself is against rules and also looks like bullying

Also can we stop with coming onto a thread just to attack people and add nothing to the thread as it is also against rules

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

"Can I remind people that attacking others for their posts, IE two people having a pop at a person rather than discussing the post itself is against rules and also looks like bullying

Also can we stop with coming onto a thread just to attack people and add nothing to the thread as it is also against rules"

Reply privately

By *osexyCouple
over a year ago

ST AUSTELL

"Can I remind people that attacking others for their posts, IE two people having a pop at a person rather than discussing the post itself is against rules and also looks like bullying

Also can we stop with coming onto a thread just to attack people and add nothing to the thread as it is also against rules "

Well said

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

No it won't.

Papers full of it today - read the daily mail article . Their prediction, not mine "

Just to point out the daily fail is not that good a source for the truth.. Particularly the online version.. It's like the National Enquire these days!

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

Just to point out the daily fail is not that good a source for the truth.. Particularly the online version.. It's like the National Enquire these days! "

Very true but all papers are full of it and further indication today that June 21st is as good as gone . I think that’s what Boris was trying to say yesterday

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

You asked me a question- I answered it. Read what the SAGE scientists are saying today . The mail is a very clear article . It explains the impending situation according to their modelling

Would u be so kind as to show me exactly where it says the BEST scenario SAGE now predict is that the worst wave hasn’t hit us yet. By worst wave I’m sure you mean largest amount of deaths and hospitalization ? Sounds like complete BS to me."

Papers full of it today. Front page of today’s Times

is a good start . It says that SAGE are modelling 10000 - 20000 hospital admissions per day if the remaining restrictions are lifted. That compares to the highest daily recorded figure of 3768 during the January peak.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’ve just read the front page of the Times. What U stated is not what is written in that newspaper at all. Read it again. Then read what you wrote. And then tell me that it’s helpful for people to spout a twisted version of what u read.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

"I’ve just read the front page of the Times. What U stated is not what is written in that newspaper at all. Read it again. Then read what you wrote. And then tell me that it’s helpful for people to spout a twisted version of what u read. "

You tell me then what it says

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’ve just read the front page of the Times. What U stated is not what is written in that newspaper at all. Read it again. Then read what you wrote. And then tell me that it’s helpful for people to spout a twisted version of what u read.

You tell me then what it says "

You claim it says :-

“Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come if not”

What it actually says is it COULD lead to a resurgence in the number of hospital admissions. COULD as in it could do or could not. It also states there is a POSSIBILITY that the Indian strain is 50% more transmissible that the current variant in the UK. It’s POSSIBLE IT IS AND ALSO POSSIBLE IT ISNT.

It states IF that POSSIBILITY happens then it’s LIKELY there will be an uplift in hospital admissions.

I’ve wrote in capitals for you words that perhaps u should focus on and consider before telling people that the BEST estimates are predicting the worst wave is to come. How on earth did you deduce from this that this is their BEST estimate. Surely if anything it’s the total opposite, it’s their WORST estimate.

I really wish people wouldn’t spout this rubbish. It’s not helpful for the situation. Because some people will listen to this nonsense and assume it’s gospel and they tell someone else and so on.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Why the drama? If we need to move a release date... That's what we need to do... We are a very very long way from all vaccines and then we need to have boosters for winter ... So.... Calm heads are required. We are going in the right direction but clearly this new variant is a concern. The fact we could have avoided it... Is fucking ludicrous and I really want to hear somebody explain...

A why we let people travel to india

B why we let people travel back from India

C why people travelling back into the country are not being isolated and enforced

D what we are doing to ensure we don't repeat the problem and import another variant of Concern.

E what the plan is to address communities where uptake is low and when it will be executed

Reply privately

By *ockdownerMan
over a year ago

Preston

Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t deem it drama. I just think, and this goes not just for the post on this thread, that spreading misinformation whether online or verbally is totally irresponsible and not necessary. We all have our own views on whether we think certain restrictions should be lifted. We are all entitled to our views/opinions and I also accept that people don’t have to accept my opinion just as I don’t theirs. But please, let’s not share things that haven’t been said. All this does is cause hysteria.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I don’t deem it drama. I just think, and this goes not just for the post on this thread, that spreading misinformation whether online or verbally is totally irresponsible and not necessary. We all have our own views on whether we think certain restrictions should be lifted. We are all entitled to our views/opinions and I also accept that people don’t have to accept my opinion just as I don’t theirs. But please, let’s not share things that haven’t been said. All this does is cause hysteria. "

Quite right

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words "

i will crack the jokes

but in all seriousness if we have to delay or go back because death rates rise too much i think it will be pretty piss poor if people expect the integrity of hid words to take precedent over lives

Reply privately

By *nnie2009Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Scaremongering going on again, it is what it is. Two vaccines done and I'm off to pub next week, will be wearing mask and social distancing

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

" Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words

i will crack the jokes

but in all seriousness if we have to delay or go back because death rates rise too much i think it will be pretty piss poor if people expect the integrity of hid words to take precedent over lives "

And also... Its quite a large chunk of selective memory going on... At all points he and others have been crystal clear saying they are minimum dates, that we can achieve so long as our numbers are still good and so long as a new variant doesn't come along to cause them to be reevaluated.

Rather slip dates a month now than have another full lockdown at Xmas surely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words

i will crack the jokes

but in all seriousness if we have to delay or go back because death rates rise too much i think it will be pretty piss poor if people expect the integrity of hid words to take precedent over lives

And also... Its quite a large chunk of selective memory going on... At all points he and others have been crystal clear saying they are minimum dates, that we can achieve so long as our numbers are still good and so long as a new variant doesn't come along to cause them to be reevaluated.

Rather slip dates a month now than have another full lockdown at Xmas surely. "

i am sure its true that he said we would only go forward not back its just that the timeline might change

but still im not gonna hold someone to a promise when the alternative is to watch people die

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words "

I think you've misunderstood quite what Johnson meant by irreversible. He meant after the fact rather than prior to it. Of course he wanted everyone to think that he meant the reverse. He's a political mover and a political mover always gives themselves a way out. Reading between the lines and paying close attention to the words used is where you'll find the truth or at least you'll stand a chance of getting close to it.

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Think positive

Things can only get better if people stick to the bloody rules

Xxxx

Reply privately

By *eanoCoolMan
over a year ago

wisbech

Absolutely none, Boris said the road map to unlocking is irreversible and Boris has too much integrity to go back on his words

I think you've misunderstood quite what Johnson meant by irreversible. He meant after the fact rather than prior to it. Of course he wanted everyone to think that he meant the reverse. He's a political mover and a political mover always gives themselves a way out. Reading between the lines and paying close attention to the words used is where you'll find the truth or at least you'll stand a chance of getting close to it. "

Reply privately

By *aul happyMan
over a year ago

tilgate crawley

21st of august is my guess or until this indian covid is under control or it can be proved that the vaccines can fight it

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

We also have to understand that, to a politician, optics are more important than facts (until a public inquiry is launched then they get a little nervous) and Johnson is all about the optics. The fact that R is now reported at .8 - 1.1 will be the driving force as R has been one the main optical tactics since the beginning.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I think you've misunderstood quite what Johnson meant by irreversible. He meant after the fact rather than prior to it. Of course he wanted everyone to think that he meant the reverse. He's a political mover and a political mover always gives themselves a way out. Reading between the lines and paying close attention to the words used is where you'll find the truth or at least you'll stand a chance of getting close to it. "

And conversely of course many people choose to ignore what he meant and misinterpret it deliberately and then pollute the media with it. The main point surely as someone else has said already is this isn't a computer game. It's real life and things change because people do some weird selfish things and don't follow rules... Or because a new variant comes along... And it's right that we need to react to it quickly (not ponderously slowly.... This has the feeling of last christmas about it to me)... "we should all have a sociable Xmas..."

"but what about the increases?"

"no we should all have a sociable Xmas"

"but the numbers are increasing of a new variant"

"but the numbers are doubling every 3 days"

"hmmmm OK... We need to have a very safe and modest Xmas and not socialise outside of our bubble"

"oops too late"

Reply privately

By *ewcouplemidsCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Bring in covid passports and keep up with the vaccine programme

Anyone who has recieved both jabs can move freely around those that choose not to have it can remain socially distanced can't see why we should all suffer being isolated from friends and family

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

I think you've misunderstood quite what Johnson meant by irreversible. He meant after the fact rather than prior to it. Of course he wanted everyone to think that he meant the reverse. He's a political mover and a political mover always gives themselves a way out. Reading between the lines and paying close attention to the words used is where you'll find the truth or at least you'll stand a chance of getting close to it.

And conversely of course many people choose to ignore what he meant and misinterpret it deliberately and then pollute the media with it. The main point surely as someone else has said already is this isn't a computer game. It's real life and things change because people do some weird selfish things and don't follow rules... Or because a new variant comes along... And it's right that we need to react to it quickly (not ponderously slowly.... This has the feeling of last christmas about it to me)... "we should all have a sociable Xmas..."

"hmmmm OK... We need to have a very safe and modest Xmas and not socialise outside of our bubble"

"oops too late" "

Believe a politicians at your own peril. They only ever tell you what they think you want to hear as they always have an eye firmly set on re-election

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"oops too late"

Believe a politicians at your own peril. They only ever tell you what they think you want to hear as they always have an eye firmly set on re-election "

That's Very true... And we have to pick one of them every 5 years.

Reply privately

By *Four_uCouple
over a year ago

Nr Blackpool

"oops too late"

Believe a politicians at your own peril. They only ever tell you what they think you want to hear as they always have an eye firmly set on re-election

That's Very true... And we have to pick one of them every 5 years.

"

You don't have to pick anyone but someone always wins.

Reply privately

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

"Why the drama? If we need to move a release date... That's what we need to do... We are a very very long way from all vaccines and then we need to have boosters for winter ... So.... Calm heads are required. We are going in the right direction but clearly this new variant is a concern. The fact we could have avoided it... Is fucking ludicrous and I really want to hear somebody explain...

A why we let people travel to india

B why we let people travel back from India

C why people travelling back into the country are not being isolated and enforced

D what we are doing to ensure we don't repeat the problem and import another variant of Concern.

E what the plan is to address communities where uptake is low and when it will be executed

"

All good points you have made here, a lot of political waffle from certain mps and people but in reality we are not doing enough to prevent so called variants of concern, anyone could potentially put the vaccine program back to square one and bring the country to its knees again.

I can't wait for normality again, but will be happily to go along with the science and restrictions as long as the rules are protecting the people and return to noramily and not the cash cows and economy.

Reply privately

By *wistedTooCouple
over a year ago

Frimley

So what if it is delayed? It would only be delayed if the health risks were genuinely a concern and I’m sorry, but that’s fine with us!

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I’ve just read the front page of the Times. What U stated is not what is written in that newspaper at all. Read it again. Then read what you wrote. And then tell me that it’s helpful for people to spout a twisted version of what u read.

You tell me then what it says "

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9580159/amp/SAGE-says-realistic-possibility-Indian-variant-lead-10-000-hospital-admissions-day.html

This article? Totally doesn't say what you said it does.

Can you please stop with the lies now please?

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9580159/amp/SAGE-says-realistic-possibility-Indian-variant-lead-10-000-hospital-admissions-day.html

"

I guess you don’t understand the article. I think it’s quite simple but maybe some people are struggling with it, so rather than bullying people by calling them liars read it again - maybe then you will understand why 21st June is highly unlikely to happen. If one isn’t quite so deluded, it doesn’t take much to read between the lines.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I guess you don’t understand the article. I think it’s quite simple but maybe some people are struggling with it, so rather than bullying people by calling them liars read it again - maybe then you will understand why 21st June is highly unlikely to happen. If one isn’t quite so deluded, it doesn’t take much to read between the lines. "

Literally the article doesn't say what you said it does, how is that not lying? You looked at it and made up your own interpretation of it.

The lockdown might very well be postponed but at least don't lie about what you read.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The Indian variant is likely to become our dominant type before too long. The good news is that 99% of people seem to develop immunity, once they have had both doses for about a month, so let's hope that it proves effective against this nasty new type.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

I guess you don’t understand the article. I think it’s quite simple but maybe some people are struggling with it, so rather than bullying people by calling them liars read it again - maybe then you will understand why 21st June is highly unlikely to happen. If one isn’t quite so deluded, it doesn’t take much to read between the lines.

Literally the article doesn't say what you said it does, how is that not lying? You looked at it and made up your own interpretation of it.

The lockdown might very well be postponed but at least don't lie about what you read. "

Because you are struggling to understand it , a person is lying? What in the article is confusing you?

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

No it won't.

"

ITVs political editor Robert Peston is today reporting that the chance of full lockdown lifting on June 21st is now ‘close to nil’ according to government advisors and officials. Still confident?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The man at the top has today stated ....

There is nothing conclusive in the data that means England would have to deviate from the roadmap out of lockdown

That’s straight from the horses mouth. Not from an advisor or a scientist or anyone else that a tabloid paper has asked for a random opinion

Let’s stop this hysteria about a variant, variants are expected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Swansea

"The man at the top has today stated ....

There is nothing conclusive in the data that means England would have to deviate from the roadmap out of lockdown

That’s straight from the horses mouth. Not from an advisor or a scientist or anyone else that a tabloid paper has asked for a random opinion

Let’s stop this hysteria about a variant, variants are expected. "

Well said heard that live on the radio too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Current COVID hospital admissions are 798 across the entire country. That’s an 8 month low

Deaths are down from over 1000 a day to single digits most days over last couple of weeks

These statistics mean more to me than the IF COULD POSSIBILITY quotes about an Indian variant

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

The lockdown might very well be postponed but at least don't lie about what you read.

Because you are struggling to understand it , a person is lying? What in the article is confusing you? "

So everyone else except you is struggling to understand it? I've read the article, it doesn't say what you said it does. For a start, the very first point says that up to 10k admissions are possible in a WORST case scenario, you said it was best case scenario.

The only person struggling with anything is you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol kind of an important point to get wrong that isn’t it ? Changing the worst case scenario to a best case scenario. Bad day at the office right there

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

No it won't.

ITVs political editor Robert Peston is today reporting that the chance of full lockdown lifting on June 21st is now ‘close to nil’ according to government advisors and officials. Still confident? "

So the an made 4 months ago in the middle of a global incident has to be adjusted. I'm not sure a) why anyone is surprised and b) why it's being blown up as a big deal.

You can't on the one hand be critical of not locking down soon enough or hard enough and at the same time be critical of caution when circumstances have changed.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

Because you are struggling to understand it , a person is lying? What in the article is confusing you?

So everyone else except you is struggling to understand it? I've read the article, it doesn't say what you said it does. For a start, the very first point says that up to 10k admissions are possible in a WORST case scenario, you said it was best case scenario.

The only person struggling with anything is you. "

Where on earth have I said that’s the ‘best’ case scenario?! You accuse people of lying and make things up as you go along . Maybe instead of bullying people, you take a visit to specsavers!

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

"Lol kind of an important point to get wrong that isn’t it ? Changing the worst case scenario to a best case scenario. Bad day at the office right there "

Yep - sure is for those struggling to read

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bloke is a liar anyway, so hard to believe much he says to be honest

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think not - It’s being cautious I guess. It’s better to give business a heads up that things might not happen than changing at the last minute.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lol kind of an important point to get wrong that isn’t it ? Changing the worst case scenario to a best case scenario. Bad day at the office right there

Yep - sure is for those struggling to read"

3 days ago on this very thread you yourself posted the following ......

‘Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come’

In answer to where on earth, I’d say right here. So hopefully that addressed the issue of my reading capabilities. Perhaps the more pertinent questions should be directed at yourself ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Enough is enough now , the country can’t live in lockdown every time the media come up with another fake flu virus , the country is going to ruin people are losing jobs houses mental health has gone through the roof , open up and let’s get on with our life’s .

Reply privately

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Enough is enough now , the country can’t live in lockdown every time the media come up with another fake flu virus , the country is going to ruin people are losing jobs houses mental health has gone through the roof , open up and let’s get on with our life’s . "

Would be interested to know what is fake about the virus? Cheers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 16:23:53]

Reply privately

By *hatawasteMan
over a year ago

stafford

"Enough is enough now , the country can’t live in lockdown every time the media come up with another fake flu virus , the country is going to ruin people are losing jobs houses mental health has gone through the roof , open up and let’s get on with our life’s . "

Frankly that's a big fat no from me

The problem is people can't be responsible to wear a mask, walk with a bit if distance between each other and use a bit of hand sanitizer now and again

And you want to let those members of the intelligence corps back lose in society?

I think not!

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Don't be silly. The media as much as I hate them didn't come up with a global pandemic in 190 countries. Nor did anyone fake any virus. I can't believe anyone is seriously questioning the existence of the virus after 18 months in all countries.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You need to simply wait and see.

Daily infections is the figure to watch, if that spikes then given time admissions then deaths will also rise. There’s no indication yet that we have cause for concern but we also need to be cautious.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Daily infections is the figure to watch, if that spikes then given time admissions then deaths will also rise. There’s no indication yet that we have cause for concern but we also need to be cautious.

"

Hopefully with the vaccine a rise in infections won’t lead to admissions & death. As long as we aren’t overloading the NHS we should be ok?

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"

No chance? More likely a full lockdown by mid June . Even the best estimates from SAGE now predicting the worst wave yet to come if not . Maybe reopening on Monday will prove to be a costly mistake following on from the terrible decision not to put India on the red list in March when this variant was 1st discovered"

This is your quote Jaslsa. The article does not say that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hopefully with the vaccine a rise in infections won’t lead to admissions & death. As long as we aren’t overloading the NHS we should be ok? "

Whilst I rarely agree with Mr Hancock his recent statement on admissions (but also new cases) is in the main from unvaccinated individuals, this is what Manchester as a whole is currently seeing.

It’s therefore fairly safe to assume that a rise in cases will follow similar patterns to past trends and percentages.

The hope is the spread and new infections will be at a low rate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A few days have passed and it seems the hysteria over the ‘India’ variant has died down. Right now it would appear the June 21st date is on track

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"A few days have passed and it seems the hysteria over the ‘India’ variant has died down. Right now it would appear the June 21st date is on track "

It would appear so

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Dr Jenny Harries, on the Andrew Marr show said that the Pfizer and AZ vaccination , have shown effectiveness against the Indian variant, after the second dose.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

As long as the rise in cases isn't crazy and deaths and hospitalisations stay low, I can't see why it won't happen. I, for one, cannot wait, I've stuck to the rules even while struggling severely with my mental health, I'm craving some social time.

Reply privately

By *asIsa OP   Couple
over a year ago

harrow

"A few days have passed and it seems the hysteria over the ‘India’ variant has died down. Right now it would appear the June 21st date is on track

It would appear so "

Not any more

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"A few days have passed and it seems the hysteria over the ‘India’ variant has died down. Right now it would appear the June 21st date is on track

It would appear so

Not any more "

I still haven't seen hysteria.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

It would appear so

Not any more

I still haven't seen hysteria. "

Not yet but with recorded infections increasing 10 to 20 percent each day and now hospitalisations and deaths both showing increases I hope caution prevails. Given the back slapping on our vaccine program and the high percentage uptake so far (although still only 40 per cent have been fully vaccinated) one would hope the increases would be smaller. Let's not lose our heads just yet.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 28/05/21 06:52:10]

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

It would appear so

Not any more

Not yet but with recorded infections increasing 10 to 20 percent each day and now hospitalisations and deaths both showing increases I hope caution prevails. Given the back slapping on our vaccine program and the high percentage uptake so far (although still only 40 per cent have been fully vaccinated) one would hope the increases would be smaller. Let's not lose our heads just yet. "

We'd had a slight rise in deaths and hospitalisations a week or so ago, that has gone back down. Until we have a sustained period of rises in deaths and hospitalisations, I don't think need to fret. A rise in cases was to be expected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It would appear so

Not any more "

A rise in daily cases is EXACTLY what the government and everyone else expected would happen. I’m interested in how u are interpreting the news, always fun to hear your ‘unique’ interpretation

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

It would appear so

Not any more

Not yet but with recorded infections increasing 10 to 20 percent each day and now hospitalisations and deaths both showing increases I hope caution prevails. Given the back slapping on our vaccine program and the high percentage uptake so far (although still only 40 per cent have been fully vaccinated) one would hope the increases would be smaller. Let's not lose our heads just yet.

We'd had a slight rise in deaths and hospitalisations a week or so ago, that has gone back down. Until we have a sustained period of rises in deaths and hospitalisations, I don't think need to fret. A rise in cases was to be expected."

Infections have increased every day since 16 may 1900 ish to yesterday 3500 ish.. (apart from on 22 and 23 may)

Tbh I wasn't expecting an increase given the vaccine program and how the vaccine helps reduce the spread. For those that were... What increase was expected? For how long? When does it stop increasing..? And what mechanism stops it?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It would appear so

Not any more

We'd had a slight rise in deaths and hospitalisations a week or so ago, that has gone back down. Until we have a sustained period of rises in deaths and hospitalisations, I don't think need to fret. A rise in cases was to be expected.

Infections have increased every day since 16 may 1900 ish to yesterday 3500 ish.. (apart from on 22 and 23 may)

Tbh I wasn't expecting an increase given the vaccine program and how the vaccine helps reduce the spread. For those that were... What increase was expected? For how long? When does it stop increasing..? And what mechanism stops it?

"

Vaccination being offered to everyone stops it. We're not there yet. Somewhere between July and October.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Forget the increase in infections and deaths...its the number of people in hospital that they monitor

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lockdown is easing and more people are mixing. It's not surprising that more people are getting infected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When the majority of people are staying in and not mixing the cases are going to be lower than when it opens up more. The government always expected daily cases to rise once they started re opening and loosening measures. But the country and life itself can not forever remain locked down. I don’t think anyone can accurately estimate to what extent the cases will rise but surely the important data is deaths. Will there be more COVID deaths ? Yes. And for a long time.

But people have to accept this virus now exists in our world and it’s something people will die of. Just like they die from many other things. So we have to learn to live with it around us. People can choose to have the vaccine or can choose not to. It should be down to personal preference and whatever the individual decides is their choice how to live their life. Some people drive 100mph some people won’t break the speed limit. Some people climb cliff faces some people like to watch box sets. Life has danger every day. People die every day. Right now isn’t COVID like the 8th highest cause of death in this country ? I say open it all up as planned next month. Neither of us has ever feared the virus even when we had it earlier this year. I’ve also known people who have died. I understand some people are scared and prefer to stay inside, not mix, not travel etc. That’s fine, let people do what they choose to do. And let’s not criticize people who have a different point of view to our own. Neither attitude is wrong or right. It should be upto the individual to decide how to live their life.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When the majority of people are staying in and not mixing the cases are going to be lower than when it opens up more. The government always expected daily cases to rise once they started re opening and loosening measures. But the country and life itself can not forever remain locked down. I don’t think anyone can accurately estimate to what extent the cases will rise but surely the important data is deaths. Will there be more COVID deaths ? Yes. And for a long time.

But people have to accept this virus now exists in our world and it’s something people will die of. Just like they die from many other things. So we have to learn to live with it around us. People can choose to have the vaccine or can choose not to. It should be down to personal preference and whatever the individual decides is their choice how to live their life. Some people drive 100mph some people won’t break the speed limit. Some people climb cliff faces some people like to watch box sets. Life has danger every day. People die every day. Right now isn’t COVID like the 8th highest cause of death in this country ? I say open it all up as planned next month. Neither of us has ever feared the virus even when we had it earlier this year. I’ve also known people who have died. I understand some people are scared and prefer to stay inside, not mix, not travel etc. That’s fine, let people do what they choose to do. And let’s not criticize people who have a different point of view to our own. Neither attitude is wrong or right. It should be upto the individual to decide how to live their life."

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

It would appear so

Not any more

"

Opening things up was bound to cause an increase, not all adults are vaccinated yet and there are still people refusing the vaccine.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 28/05/21 09:00:32]

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It would appear so

Not any more

Vaccination being offered to everyone stops it. We're not there yet. Somewhere between July and October.

OK, do you truly believe that? Im starting to doubt it... Nonetheless... Would it not have made a teensy bit of sense to align the plan out of lockdown with the vaccination plan?

I may have been busy smoking something at the time... But wasn't the idea of the lockdown and plan out of lockdown, that we get to a steady minimum background "level" of infections that will be part of everyday life....so I'm intrigued what that level is.

My view of this is, unlike countries who have done a better job, where they manage to reduce community infections to a very low number.. We never seem to get that number low enough, such that when we unlock again... It increases very quickly. Still feels to me as if we are trusting to hope more than any proven science. "

I do believe that.

I don't believe that's what the government's plan was.

Reply privately

By *irtyold manMan
over a year ago

barnsley

Has anyone considered .

Why havent the borders been shut

The french did it with the uk variant

Why is the gove going back to town by town lockdowns when it was prooved inefectiv before xmass

Could it be the gove wants to keep renewing the emergency powers

So boris can divert covid funds to his friends and carry on robbing the tax payer and keep restricting the right to demonstrate untill this country becoms a dictatorship

Have a good reed of the stuff the house of commons investigation has uncovered

Remember this is a man who raids charity funds to renavate his home

Then consider could the gove have reasons to keep us frightend and put us back in lockdown in a few months

Reply privately

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS
over a year ago

Whitstable

"Has anyone considered .

Why havent the borders been shut

The french did it with the uk variant

Why is the gove going back to town by town lockdowns when it was prooved inefectiv before xmass

Could it be the gove wants to keep renewing the emergency powers

So boris can divert covid funds to his friends and carry on robbing the tax payer and keep restricting the right to demonstrate untill this country becoms a dictatorship

Have a good reed of the stuff the house of commons investigation has uncovered

Remember this is a man who raids charity funds to renavate his home

Then consider could the gove have reasons to keep us frightend and put us back in lockdown in a few months "

Gove? Dont think its down to Michael.

You have links to the charity fund raids?

So your saying that there will not be a General election on 2nd May 2024 as by then the UK will be under a complete Dictator?

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Covid is very similar to when smallpox was introduced to the native americans in the 1700's it killed over 30% of the northern population but these days it is almost non existant due to vaccination"

There's no saying that it'll be here for the foreseeable future just like it wasn't expected to begin with I'm very sure it'll be gone one way or another due to climate as this has a lot to do to kill off a percentage of viruses

Reply privately

over a year ago

No it won't.

ITVs political editor Robert Peston is today reporting that the chance of full lockdown lifting on June 21st is now ‘close to nil’ according to government advisors and officials. Still confident?

So the an made 4 months ago in the middle of a global incident has to be adjusted. I'm not sure a) why anyone is surprised and b) why it's being blown up as a big deal.

You can't on the one hand be critical of not locking down soon enough or hard enough and at the same time be critical of caution when circumstances have changed. "

Reply privately