Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swingers Chat

Define ‘swingers’

Jump to newest

By *apioman OP   Man
over a year ago

Shipley

I often read in fora something along the lines of ‘Fab isn’t for proper swingers anymore’ My question is how do we define what a ‘proper swinger’ is?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I don't think there is such a thing as a "proper swinger" it's an individual interpretation of an generic term in my eyes

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I often read in fora something along the lines of ‘Fab isn’t for proper swingers anymore’ My question is how do we define what a ‘proper swinger’ is? "

To me... swingers are "couples" who share their partners with other couples or groups of couples.

We don't have a problem with singles but don't really class them as swingers.

Cal

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I often read in fora something along the lines of ‘Fab isn’t for proper swingers anymore’ My question is how do we define what a ‘proper swinger’ is?

To me... swingers are "couples" who share their partners with other couples or groups of couples.

Cal"

This

As a single guy I'm going to be the chancer hoping to get lucky. To "swing" you have to have another to offer, at least that's my interpretation.

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

Swinging, sometimes called wife swapping, husband swapping or partner swapping, is sexual activity in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in such activities with others as a recreational or social activity.[1] Swinging is a form of non-monogamy and is an open relationship. People may choose a swinging lifestyle for a variety of reasons. Many cite an increased quality and quantity of sex. Some people may engage in swinging to add variety into their otherwise conventional sex lives or due to their curiosity. Some couples see swinging as a healthy outlet and means to strengthen their relationship.

We see, couples, and singles as swingers. Having planned and unplanned nsa sexual encounters with others.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

For us, a swinger doesn't have to have a partner as it's a mind set. We've met plenty of single guys, but the majority we have only met once as they don't really understand the dynamics. We have two single Fab friends that we've been meeting for five years as they're definitely swingles and not just shaggers.

over a year ago

"I often read in fora something along the lines of ‘Fab isn’t for proper swingers anymore’ My question is how do we define what a ‘proper swinger’ is? "

We try not to label ourselves or others and the activities we take part in. Labels can be so restrictive.

I guess we are just a couple looking to explore. The world might call us swingers. But hey ho. We are just us

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

"I often read in fora something along the lines of ‘Fab isn’t for proper swingers anymore’ My question is how do we define what a ‘proper swinger’ is?

Cal"

Agree with this, and the other comment about wife swapping. We think it's partner exchange for sex, whether that is soft or hard. Having said that we play with singles too, particularly her in clubs.

When we were single we both fucked around a lot, didn't regard that as swinging, just what young people do.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

There are (thankfully) some real swingles on fab, guys who are totally comfortable playing with couples, understanding the dynamic, knowing how to really enjoy the experience of a 3 some etc. However the vast majority of singles, don't. They're here between relationships, and during supposedly monogamous relationships.... They don't understand the swinging dynamic, they are uncomfortable around naked people especially of their own sex, they also have a habit of asking for more than is offered, questions such as "we had such a good time, why don't we try meeting up without your husband" or "he can't love you if he lets you fuck other guys?". Etc.

Bore off back to "Yates", and practise your chat up lines!

By *ifeandhubby400Couple
over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

"There are (thankfully) some real swingles on fab, guys who are totally comfortable playing with couples, understanding the dynamic, knowing how to really enjoy the experience of a 3 some etc. However the vast majority of singles, don't. They're here between relationships, and during supposedly monogamous relationships.... They don't understand the swinging dynamic, they are uncomfortable around naked people especially of their own sex, they also have a habit of asking for more than is offered, questions such as "we had such a good time, why don't we try meeting up without your husband" or "he can't love you if he lets you fuck other guys?". Etc.

Bore off back to "Yates", and practise your chat up lines!"

to this if i had a £ for every single guy asking to meet me on my own id be in the sun somewhere

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Of course our local speciality messages usually go something like this..

"Hi, bored soldier here, can i fuck you in my car, or i might be able to smuggle you into barracks for an hour."

Repeat ad nauseam...

Of course I'm paraphrasing, most simply say..

"Bored, want to fuk u".

And they say the art of seduction is dead...

By *ustusboth2013Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

So our opinion is that the meaning of swinging has changed over the years.

The origin looked more focus on couple and “wife swapping”; though I believe wife swap is a dated term and some may perceive it not pc in the modern day.

So this has changed, along with swinging. Swinging is now a generic lifestyle, fast creating it’s own culture. It may not be the best world to now choose for this but is the global name for couples and singles alike.

Everyone within the lifestyle have their own journey and reasons, and whilst some may not align with others, we (or we should) respect this and appreciate to a degree a shared ideal.

Many years ago, I used to frown and not agree with people who said they are swinging because their sex life had gone stale or was shite, as I picture there were bigger things to focus on. I since realise that it’s not my place to judge and ultimately if this is their reason for their personal journey in this fabulous lifestyle, then so be it. If that’s what works for them, then it’s another swinging success story.

So that’s one example. So different to the reasons why we swing, as our sex life is far from stale or shite, but highlights the contrast and why swinging is a way of life, not just wife (or husband, or partner) swapping.

over a year ago

they chuck the keys in a bowl and whoever picks them is the sexual partner that morning

over a year ago

I think both couples and singles can be swingers. However, I think honesty between those swinging is very important e.g between couples and singles, singles and singles etc. For that reason, I don't really see those who are cheating on their partners as swingers.

over a year ago

"Swinging, sometimes called wife swapping, husband swapping or partner swapping, is sexual activity in which both singles and partners in a committed relationship engage in such activities with others as a recreational or social activity.[1] Swinging is a form of non-monogamy and is an open relationship. People may choose a swinging lifestyle for a variety of reasons. Many cite an increased quality and quantity of sex. Some people may engage in swinging to add variety into their otherwise conventional sex lives or due to their curiosity. Some couples see swinging as a healthy outlet and means to strengthen their relationship.

We see, couples, and singles as swingers. Having planned and unplanned nsa sexual encounters with others. "

I like this definition.

By *anda and CatCouple
over a year ago

I would say originally swinging was associated with the stereotypical wife swapping (and still is with us) however has now also been adopted as a "lifestyle choice" by anyone that wants to be given a label and of course you have others that refuse or reject labels. Do we give ourselves the label? Yes we do.

By *apioman OP   Man
over a year ago

Shipley

Thanks for all your considered contributions. I think I am in the right place, which is reassuring, as wanting something between hook ups (not that I would turn them down!) and full on fet (which is available here but neither my thing or compulsory).

Post new Message to Thread