Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

advice please

Jump to newest

By *likeVKblinds OP   Man
over a year ago

Limehouse

I've recived some advice on how to improve my profile but Since I get mostly ignored I can only summise that it's still not good enough, so Could I get some more advice on what else I could do to improve it since I can't think of what else to do.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I would suggest that you read through the 100's of threads posted previously on this very topic.

over a year ago

Limehouse

That would be less then helpfull becauase:

a) I'm asking for help with what I can change on my profile not what others have changed on others.

b)help with other profiles won't neccasarly help me with mine nor would it really provide insperation

c) I've mentiond that I've asked for help before so logically I would have already done the basics and am asking for further tips on top of that.

But thanks any way, at least you tried and at least replied.

over a year ago

Limehouse

Also to further add, I'm asking for people to say what's wrong with mine, My own judgment is biased so I can't look at it and go what's crap, whats ok and what's good. For all I know I could delete somthing good and leave in somthing bad.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"Also to further add, I'm asking for people to say what's wrong with mine, My own judgment is biased so I can't look at it and go what's crap, whats ok and what's good. For all I know I could delete somthing good and leave in somthing bad."

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with your profile.

However,....

You are very young

You are Bi

You have long hair

Those 3 items on their own would be enough to cut out a massive proportion of this site....... The 3 together limits your market to next to nothing.

Get to some socials, get known and try that approach

over a year ago

Limehouse

Thank you for your info, it was very insightful, a little depressing as well.

over a year ago

Limehouse

Maybe I should just put my cross dressing pics up.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"Thank you for your info, it was very insightful, a little depressing as well."

Like I said, get to as many socials as you can and get known and seen. Your age at that point, providing you act mature and respectful, should cease to matter.

And ........

There is nothing stopping you having a hair cut.

over a year ago

Limehouse

I like my hair, and it's depressing becuase there are people that shallow that I'm not worth knowing becuase I have long hair, and that I'm young. Maybe I'm being selfish but I can't help but think that and yes I'm well aware that Long hair is not to every one's taste.

Also, I do belive I dealt with the bi thing, if people can't read my profile and then can't trust it then there not worth knowing, I'm being honest if people don't like honesty then that's there problem. sorry if I sound hostile, becuase I'm not trying to be.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"I like my hair, and it's depressing becuase there are people that shallow that I'm not worth knowing becuase I have long hair, and that I'm young. Maybe I'm being selfish but I can't help but think that and yes I'm well aware that Long hair is not to every one's taste.

Also, I do belive I dealt with the bi thing, if people can't read my profile and then can't trust it then there not worth knowing, I'm being honest if people don't like honesty then that's there problem. sorry if I sound hostile, becuase I'm not trying to be."

The thing you cant change is your age...people have age rules for many reasonable reasons, normally involving not wanting to shag ppl the same age as their kids,

i was swinging without the internet at 18...i would suggest you try the same,go to clubs and socials.If u want to be known for your personality you need to meet ppl face to face

over a year ago

Limehouse

I'm going to the yellow house next wednesday, but that's only becuase I can afford it, Most places tend to fist single males for all there worth, which is why Most of the time I can't, that or the socials that are free are over an hour away or arn't near public transportation.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I'm going to the yellow house next wednesday, but that's only becuase I can afford it, Most places tend to fist single males for all there worth, which is why Most of the time I can't, that or the socials that are free are over an hour away or arn't near public transportation."

Try being a tad more positive?

Everything seems to be a problem and you seem to half a "glass half empty" attitude. No offence meant, but that is the way it is coming across in this thread.

over a year ago

Limehouse

I try to be posative, but when I send messages that are both quirky and polite, I have a decent profile and all I get is ignored, it's a little hard to remain upbeat, besides I am half full, if I wasn't, I wouldn't keep trying and nor would i ask for advice to improve my chances :P

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Only you can improve your own chances

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Thank you for your info, it was very insightful, a little depressing as well."

I would take it with a pinch of salt. Some people on this site seem to think that swinging is not for the young.

And how quite anybody can comment on how many people find long hair unattractive is beyond me.

It's all about preferences. I think what MadChick was saying is that you don;t meet hers and somehow that means you don't meet anyone else's either...

By *oournsMan
over a year ago

a

"I try to be posative, but when I send messages that are both quirky and polite, I have a decent profile and all I get is ignored, it's a little hard to remain upbeat, besides I am half full, if I wasn't, I wouldn't keep trying and nor would i ask for advice to improve my chances :P"
dont despair with no replies. It means you are normal. Happens to everyone. If you get disheartened then this isnt for you, rejection and being ignored are 90 % of the experience

By *istress ValeporcaCouple
over a year ago

South Yorkshire

I would pass you by because ...

like another lady said, your age, too young for me, you have long hair, some women like it some don't. You have lip piercings..I hate them in lips, I like tall men 5ft6 just isn't tall enough for me. Your profile does go on a bit, yes I know mine is long but yours I would get fed up reading x

You have to find the right person for you, a person is looking for someone like you. I'm pretty sure ppl see my Domme stuff and think, 'no thanks, not my cup of tea' no problem

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"I'm going to the yellow house next wednesday, but that's only becuase I can afford it, Most places tend to fist single males for all there worth, which is why Most of the time I can't, that or the socials that are free are over an hour away or arn't near public transportation."

it does seem a real bugger that there are so few london socials...dont know why...

oh and for the record i like long hair

over a year ago

Hi i had a read and i do find it kinda confusing in one part, rest is spot on, you seem a lovely fella but you do go on about been here for the ladies more than anything, but if thats the case just look at who your asling you meet today and your friemds list, seems to me youve got more of a love for tvs,.. thats fine if your thing, just saying if so, be yourself if there more your thing hunny, all the best xxx

By *anictechCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

Enjoy your youth, expect nothing..

Leave your hair as you like it. Everything is an experience, enjoy it as it comes.

There is no fast n short answer to meets on here, ,it happens or it doesnt... All you can expect is maybe fun..

Just enjoy what you do experience.. XxX MT

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"Thank you for your info, it was very insightful, a little depressing as well.

I would take it with a pinch of salt. Some people on this site seem to think that swinging is not for the young.

And how quite anybody can comment on how many people find long hair unattractive is beyond me.

It's all about preferences. I think what MadChick was saying is that you don;t meet hers and somehow that means you don't meet anyone else's either..."

Instead of ripping constructive critisism apart for your own ends, try reading the miriad of threads that have been posted in the past about profiles.

There are many on this site that won't play with people who are younger or the same age as their children.

There are a miriad of people who won't play with those who are openly bi.

There are a miriad of people who won't play with people with long hair/tattoo's, piercings etc.......

It's choice and lets be honest, those single men who are most popular and in demand hold a certain maturity and quality that is difficult to reproduce.

Yes there are those who will have sex with the young.

Yes there are those who will have sex with bi men.

Yes there are those who like long hair/piercings/tattoos......

BUT

read the previous threads and look at those who originally post them... you may just see a trend.

If you want to pick on anything I say personally, please do it in PM and keep personal and unfounded judgements out of the forums.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Your profile looks fine to me...

Dont change anything and expect nothing!

Just relax and enjoy what comes your way

over a year ago

Ignore the bad stuff on here. You look very like my son, who has hair longer than yours. I personally like it. You are too young to cut it to please the masses. Keep it, be yourself, but be aware swinging sites are bear pits. I truly think you are better getting out there into the real world of pals, pubs, uni, etc etc than be here among us sad oldies.

Stay young as long as you can lol. Enjoy it and be yourself xxx

over a year ago

"Ignore the bad stuff on here. You look very like my son, who has hair longer than yours. I personally like it. You are too young to cut it to please the masses. Keep it, be yourself, but be aware swinging sites are bear pits. I truly think you are better getting out there into the real world of pals, pubs, uni, etc etc than be here among us sad oldies.

Stay young as long as you can lol. Enjoy it and be yourself xxx"

I don't see what someone's hair length has to do with swinging myself either...

Heh, anyway Merry Christmas!

Wolf

over a year ago

Have had a quick look at your profile and your pics are good cute love the piercing. Maybe some body shots may help and your profile reads all about you which is good but what have you got to offer and what are you looking for you have to sell yourself as much as possible and stand out from the other millions of single guys on here. The usual get into chat and forums the more you chat to people the more you get known. Good luck and happy swinging.

over a year ago

I like your profile, it's interesting and honest and I wish you the very best.

Would I play with you? No.

You are younger than my children, you're shorter than I am, you're bi, you have long hair and piercings.

There is nothing wrong, simply not for me. I don't see why you should change anything as you'll never appeal to everyone. There are plenty who will find you their cup of tea.

Don't be disheartened and good luck!

over a year ago

"I like my hair, and it's depressing becuase there are people that shallow that I'm not worth knowing becuase I have long hair, and that I'm young. Maybe I'm being selfish but I can't help but think that and yes I'm well aware that Long hair is not to every one's taste.

Also, I do belive I dealt with the bi thing, if people can't read my profile and then can't trust it then there not worth knowing, I'm being honest if people don't like honesty then that's there problem. sorry if I sound hostile, becuase I'm not trying to be."

Ooo no dont cut your hair, I don't mind long hair or short, or even bald, so long as its clean, its part of you so don't

As to bi, no big deal to me

Your age and distance to me are an issue but there are loads on here that don't mind either.

Like you have been told, go to socials, they are a good way of getting you noticed, don't go there with the idea that you will get some fun just go there relax, chat to people, get yourself noticed as a nice person, people will then see beyond the hair

over a year ago

"I've recived some advice on how to improve my profile but Since I get mostly ignored I can only summise that it's still not good enough, so Could I get some more advice on what else I could do to improve it since I can't think of what else to do."

The only way you, me and other will get meets is;

They like what they see, Picture, Profile and Location, anything else is meaningless.

If they don't like the look of you...

If they don't like what you have written in your profile...

If you are too far or too close to them...

Remember there are lots of people with duplicate profiles so they can get in the chat. i.e. a couple could have theirs, his and hers all separate, some do say this.

Most couples are looking for swaps, many couples seek a bi woman, as she is bibait so he can have a go too.

Single men are straight or bi depending who they contact.

Single women have the pick and can be very fussy (and they need to feel safe).

So just because you have an advert up, doesn't mean people will buy it, unless they want what your selling.

I think dating sites are better for single blokes. I enjoy more than dating sex, so looking here, lol

Good luck.

over a year ago

Limehouse

[Removed by poster at 25/12/11 09:32:58]

over a year ago

Limehouse

I'm not here just for the sex, Same as when I go to a club, I go for the talking and meeting of new people, if i get sex then that's just the bonus objective as it were.

Any way, I'm starting to wonder if I really am bi, I'm not physcally attracted to guys, and I don't like giving oral to guys, and the other way well... lets just say they have trouble fitting it in so I can't really tell that way either.

over a year ago

For many Bi people, it's not the attraction, I don't think or see blokes as attractive like I See and think of women, I just enjoy the sexfun

Have you though of joining something like facebook if you like the chatting, or lookout for socials in swinging clubs.

Plenty of people here just for the chatting.

over a year ago

Lots of folk here do a bit of experimenting with their likes and sexuality. If you've changed ur preferences, that's cool. Don't do anything or be led into anything you don't want and you'll be fine Xxx

over a year ago

If you were near me, I would meet you. You have exactly the look I like and you seem like a polite and interesting young man.

If I would change anything about your profile, I would take out the part about your taste in books and music. It's not really relevant here and makes your profile a little too long.

I know men often think they're hard done by in terms of quantity, and there's some truth in that, but the flipside for women can be that you get lots of interest which is rarely reciprocated. I get mail every day but I last met some new about five or six months ago.

Don't ever change yourself to please other people.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The problem with trying to cater your profile to the masses is that the more you do it, the more generic it will get and the less "you" it will actually be. You are not trying to attract everyone...

Rather then being specific what I will say is this... If you think that your profile reflects you to you best then keep it! If not then change it... It really is as simple as that!

If you can't work out the rest for yourself then no one is going to be able to help

over a year ago

"The problem with trying to cater your profile to the masses is that the more you do it, the more generic it will get and the less "you" it will actually be. You are not trying to attract everyone...

Rather then being specific what I will say is this... If you think that your profile reflects you to you best then keep it! If not then change it... It really is as simple as that!

If you can't work out the rest for yourself then no one is going to be able to help"

Just what he said..

Just be you, people like a take it or leave it attitude, trying to figure out what people want dilutes your best attributes.

Be polite, quirky and relaxed, good things will come.

over a year ago

Your young and you should be out having fun and experimenting and you don't need a label for that good luck. I think we have fabflirt and we need fabswingers for the younger generation. Because they get filtered out of the age filters.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/12/11 11:46:17]

over a year ago

I think being young with long hair is good.

over a year ago

I don't see nothing wrong with the profile or your photos.

i think at 23 you should be out enjoying life clubbing and seeing what the world has to offer

you are on here for a reason granted but does it matter that you dont get tons of messages and offers

i prefer quality over quantity and i get alot of messages aday when my profile is active

be yourself and dont change for anyone

Post new Message to Thread