Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Swinging break - question to couples and ladies

Jump to newest

By *arc and Kama OP   Couple
5 weeks ago

Birmingham

There is number of people stating in the profile “we are coming back after a break” or similar.

What caused a break?

Break from swinging or break from the fab website ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rimson_RoseWoman
5 weeks ago

Tamworth

For me it’s always been both.

Sometimes because I’ve met someone and for one reason or another, swinging isn’t an option, or at least not at that point. Sometimes I just need to step off the merry go round for a bit.

By *iss DevilWoman
5 weeks ago

Bedford

Life has got its ways of getting in the way of fun. The cause of the break could be many different reasons, including health and relationships ones.

By *ootnootboopCouple
5 weeks ago

Cheshire

We took a break as we moved house. Then we decided that at that time there was other more important to us uses of our time than swinging.

It kind of comes in cycles for us, it's absolutely not a lifestyle choice for us

By *r Mrs FuckableCouple
5 weeks ago

Stoke

We took a break because we got bored of it all, was loads better when started again this time

By *neeyedwillieMan
5 weeks ago

Darlington

"There is number of people stating in the profile “we are coming back after a break” or similar.

What caused a break?

Break from swinging or break from the fab website ?"

I am on here with my wife. Just using this account to answer is all.

When we took breaks from swinging in the past (and no doubt will in the future) it was usually either to do with work or family issues.

Breaks from the site, well we don't need it to be honest. Our area is a bit of a dead zone and we rarely get messaged outside of club related stuff anyway so can take it or leave it.

By *rsKOTCTWoman
5 weeks ago

Leeds

Could be anything, swinging at the end of the day is a hobby not a lifestyle for me/us, we closed our couples profile when I just had a baby, hid it when I couldn't be arsed & there's times I just don't want to bother with fab and all the shit that comes with it.

By *edVelvet XWoman
5 weeks ago

Here and there

I deleted my long standing solo profile last time due to personal reasons.

I regretted it fairly quickly. I’d built up

a great network of friends and had some decent verifications.

There are times I’m just not feeling the whole lifestyle but this time I will hide my profile.

People need a break. You can’t let Fab/swinging consume you. If it does then you’re neglecting real life.

By *ifestyle1Man
5 weeks ago

me171

"For me it’s always been both.

Sometimes because I’ve met someone and for one reason or another, swinging isn’t an option, or at least not at that point. Sometimes I just need to step off the merry go round for a bit. "

By *ifestyle1Man
5 weeks ago

me171

You are right about it

By *punk n gushCouple
5 weeks ago

walmer

Can be many reasons we take a break due to family commitments or when we have a flair up of ongoing medical conditions

By *onderWomanWlvWoman
4 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I've taken breaks in the past for lots of different reasons - work being really busy, lots of personal plans, busy with family, poor health, not enough money to be going out, not in the right headspace, limited capacity for dealing with how I'm spoken to in my inbox here so distance needed to recharge, sex drive fluctuations... the list is endless really.

By *ay W. BeauWoman
4 weeks ago

Wolvo

"I've taken breaks in the past for lots of different reasons - work being really busy, lots of personal plans, busy with family, poor health, not enough money to be going out, not in the right headspace, limited capacity for dealing with how I'm spoken to in my inbox here so distance needed to recharge, sex drive fluctuations... the list is endless really. "

I’d second this! Ive deleted profile for a true break or just not logged in for a few weeks, when I've wanted a small time out.

By *oxy jWoman
4 weeks ago

somerset

i just hide my profile im having a break at the mo because ive lost a member of my family i still meet my regular this has been my longest break

By *ineapple_turnoverCouple
4 weeks ago

London

Yeh it's been both for us. The reasons from a break from swinging itself have generally been personal, kids, work, life. We've also had the odd experience which has led us to to take a pause.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman
4 weeks ago

your head

Both for me, although sometimes I'll still chat to people or on the forum. It's usually because there's life stuff going on, sometimes I just can't be bothered.

By *lex0147Man
4 weeks ago

bedford

I once took a break from swinging cos i was in a relationship and she was against it so i took a break, when we broke up, i came back again

By *irty-pairCouple
4 weeks ago

South Essex

We took a break and returned last week. General life stuff meant we weren’t able to give swinging the attention it deserved. We’re back now and enjoying it far more now.

When we have a break from swinging, we usually have a break from here too x

By *quirtyndirty!Couple
4 weeks ago

Nottingham

We often have a few months off for family time or just us time. We like swinging to be exciting and fresh

By *aomilatteCouple
4 weeks ago

Midlands

Probably the most common cause of couples "taking a break" is drama, they fall out. Some are honest and admit it, some aren't and will come up with an excuse ("we had a new kitchen fitted" 🤔). We've known many couples split up, some got back together, some didn't.

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside

For swinging, life, work and health get in the way.

Sometimes we just don't spend enough time with vanilla friends.

For FAB just get a bit bored of the site becomes a bit same old, so a break helps.

By *urplebadger69Couple
4 weeks ago

Colchester

We frequently take a step back from everything.

It gives us time to just enjoy each other and talk about things we've experienced and decide what we'd like to try when we step back in.

Fab can feel like hard work at times so we go through periods of not wanting to text people.

I guess that's the same for most people on here, especially couples who get inundated with "hi" messages.

By *luttyLaylaWoman
4 weeks ago

North West

I’ve been clubbing about 7 years.

But haven’t been since a year ago today exactly.

Sometimes it just gets a bit same old. Not exciting anymore. Lots of the same people on the scene.

I feel like it’s normal for swinging to take a backseat prioritising normal life

By *stwo60Couple
4 weeks ago

Hampshire

Think this is our third, maybe fourth time back here. We just get to a point when we’ve had enough of the fantasists and rude fuckers. We are not, nor will ever be in the hundreds of meets lists, we are very happy with each other and on the occasion we want a bit of fun, we try to find it here but in reality, clubs always end up the better option. Just us, and everyone is more than entitled to their own reasons!

By *aia-NyxWoman
4 weeks ago

North East

"I deleted my long standing solo profile last time due to personal reasons.

I regretted it fairly quickly. I’d built up

a great network of friends and had some decent verifications.

There are times I’m just not feeling the whole lifestyle but this time I will hide my profile.

People need a break. You can’t let Fab/swinging consume you. If it does then you’re neglecting real life."

I feel this.

I deleted my first account and I regret it. Should have hidden it from the start.

Its so easy to get lost in this and let it overwhelm you. Sometimes I feel like all I want to do is this. Meet everyone, befriend everyone, be everywhere and if I'm not I feel like I'm failing and I'm not good enough, not desirable, loosing time, not experiencing enough... Then I let it all crawl into my head and I spiral. So I need a break. To re-ground myself and remember important things about myself and life.

By (user no longer on site)
4 weeks ago

We thought it was a website where couples can meet others for sex. Too many chatters and folk talking about sex or wanting socials than actual couples meeting. Each to their own, but this isn't supposed to Foozbook.

Some folk might feel they need to state they've had a break to explain the lack of recent veris. We don't see the point of that though to be fair.

By *midnight-Woman
4 weeks ago

Life, drama, illness, different stage of life, found what you were looking for ... So many reasons

.. You yourselves have a tag line about taking a break - what is your reasoning??

By *herryEatersCouple
4 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"There is number of people stating in the profile “we are coming back after a break” or similar.

What caused a break?

Break from swinging or break from the fab website ?"

We've had a few breaks due to the sea of fakes and utter timewasters now on here !

By *herrybakewellCouple
4 weeks ago

Staffordshire

As fun as this place is.....sometimes it drives you made having your time wasted.

So we have breaks and make it all just about the 2 of us for a while.

Mr.

By *olfandtazCouple
4 weeks ago

Bristol

Sometimes it all gets to much, the constant inbox messages from people who don't read a profile, to the rude and crass messages.

Let downs on meets, trolls in the chatrooms, it does mount up.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple
4 weeks ago

luton

Had to take a break due to some very sad family issues ,on wife side , will have to wait for wife to recover before we can start having fun as a couple now

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
4 weeks ago

Coventry

We've never taken an official break on fab but we flitter on and off here in terms of time spent on here. Simply we have a busy life outside of Fab. Swinging is often our chosen recreation rather than a vital part of everyday life. Sometimes we either haven't got the time for or sometimes we've got the time and energy to hit it hard.

Also for us we tend to find our mischief in the real world rather than arrange it on here. So being on here is not essential to us Swinging. If we want to swing we genrally just go to a club, party or just pull in tha vanilla world the old fashioned way.

By *n1cornHa1redDJWoman
4 weeks ago

MiddleofMyStreet

I take breaks now and then... When life gets busy and I simply have no free time to meet up with people. This could be because of moving, school holidays etc....

can be many reasons for it Sometimes i just get so many messages and demands im like nope and back up a little bit

By *uger n Spice78Couple
4 weeks ago

South East Coast

We had a break from FAB. We had a stalker and couples who were just time wasters

Sadly nothing has changed

Post new Message to Thread