Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Profile advice please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

Hey, a little more advice please. This is not my first account, or even my second, ive had varying degrees of "success" in meets on old profiles but seem to be hitting a wall this time. I know this site is flooded with single men and women/couples get bombarded daily. Is there anything people can see that you suggest i should change/remove/add?

Also, what is it about a message that stands out to women/couples other than the same mundane messages from every single man on here? I generally put thought and effort into messages and dont just spam everyone but still seem to get ignored most the time. Any advice appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uenevereWoman
11 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

As you say this site is flooded with men.

There's nothing at all to indicate what you want or can offer, so it's highly unlikely that you will get responses or initial messages as it stands.

Your profile also starts negativity.

Best bet is clubs and socials.

If you want a better chance on here, you need to sell yourself.

By *ucka39Man
11 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

Just do what you've done before if it was more successful for you. As the saying goes the plan never fails

By *asterMeliodasMan
11 weeks ago

Near Keith

There are a couple of perplexing things in your bio:

Why the "NOT Asian"? Is that something you think you're in danger of being misidentified as?

The part about "have the decency to tell me" implies a sense of entitlement that might put people off. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people deal with volumes of incoming messages that make it prohibitive to respond to everyone, and the site itself says that no reply should be considered a polite no. They're already telling you they're not your cup of tea by not replying, so it seems a bit of a redundant section to have.

By *atentHeelsCouple
11 weeks ago

Salford

Hi/how are you’s get deleted.

Copy and pasted emails sent to everyone one mass get deleted.

Blatant vulgar first message gets deleted.

For us, advice is simple. Read profiles!!! If you message just based off pics and don’t reference what’s written, we don’t reply. It just says to us people don’t have respect so they’re not for us.

So just be yourself, be nice, read profiles and message to something relevant to show you’ve taken the time to read and be interested. That always gets a response - whether we find them attractive or not.

By *uriouskinksCouple
11 weeks ago

PORTSMOUTH

"Hi/how are you’s get deleted.

For us, advice is simple. Read profiles!!! If you message just based off pics and don’t reference what’s written, we don’t reply. It just says to us people don’t have respect so they’re not for us.

So just be yourself, be nice, read profiles and message to something relevant to show you’ve taken the time to read and be interested. That always gets a response - whether we find them attractive or not. "

This is spot on

By (user no longer on site) OP   
11 weeks ago

"Hi/how are you’s get deleted.

So just be yourself, be nice, read profiles and message to something relevant to show you’ve taken the time to read and be interested. That always gets a response - whether we find them attractive or not. "

Thanks i generally do, my messages tend to either reference the profile or respond to a status, like i said i understand couples and women get bombarded so its not really a surprise most men dont get a reply, just wondered if there was anything in particular i could do to increase responses even if they lead nowhere lol

By *allySlinkyWoman
10 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Why the "NOT Asian"? "

The profile says "nit Asian"!

Your face looks so sad in all the pics

By *asterMeliodasMan
10 weeks ago

Near Keith

"

Why the "NOT Asian"?

The profile says "nit Asian"!

Your face looks so sad in all the pics"

It used to say not in all caps; I'm guessing he changed it and introduced a typo.

By (user no longer on site)
10 weeks ago

"There are a couple of perplexing things in your bio:

Why the "NOT Asian"? Is that something you think you're in danger of being misidentified as?

The part about "have the decency to tell me" implies a sense of entitlement that might put people off. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people deal with volumes of incoming messages that make it prohibitive to respond to everyone, and the site itself says that no reply should be considered a polite no. They're already telling you they're not your cup of tea by not replying, so it seems a bit of a redundant section to have."

This exactly x

It does say on here to take no reply as a polite no thank you, single women especially can receive very large volumes of messages and have a life outside of fab so they cannot reply and get into chat with everybody. Plus many women find it's not worth replying no thank you because of arsey messages back and men not taking no for an answer x

By *rrolloutMan
10 weeks ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

"ive had varying degrees of "success" in meets on old profiles but seem to be hitting a wall this time."

Just for my understanding, you highlighted the word "success" to suggest it may not have been in the way you wanted. Was this success an actual sexual encounter, or just a social that didn't lead anywhere?

By *ewDevonCouple35Couple
10 weeks ago

Exeter

Two things I’d encourage you to remove is the fact that you’ve had previous accounts. My first thought is why have you changed accounts, were you banned? Alarm bells are now going off and I’d be concerned about safety if meeting.

Second is why the comment about your race. It seems very negative towards Asians and almost passive aggressive. Perhaps just refer to yourself as mixed race (Afro-Caribbean & White) or something along the lines, but include this within your about me speel rather than as an aside.

Post new Message to Thread