Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Read but not deleted…

Jump to newest

By *ammoguy OP   Man
9 weeks ago

Coventry

As a single guy I’m after some checking on etiquette please.

There are a few messages I send to ladies that catch my eye , often even just as a social. Strangers are friends you have not met yet.

I think I have a reasonable profile and approach them with respect and interest.

When my messages are tread, not deleted but there is no response what if anything should my next move be?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asterMeliodasMan
9 weeks ago

Near Keith

"As a single guy I’m after some checking on etiquette please.

There are a few messages I send to ladies that catch my eye , often even just as a social. Strangers are friends you have not met yet.

I think I have a reasonable profile and approach them with respect and interest.

When my messages are tread, not deleted but there is no response what if anything should my next move be?"

Take no response as a polite no, whether the message has been read or not.

By *ammoguy OP   Man
9 weeks ago

Coventry

"

Take no response as a polite no, whether the message has been read or not."

Yes I think you are right. Sometimes I hope they may have read but are not ready to reply just yet for numerous reasons.

Perhaps I’m overthinking

By *rimson_RoseWoman
9 weeks ago

Tamworth

I'd say focus on the messages you do get and don't worry about the status of the ones you don't get replies. There could be a million different reasons - forgot to delete, meant to come back to you when they have more time, thinking about it or talking it over with partner, waits for them to auto delete after time... you may never know.

By *asterMeliodasMan
9 weeks ago

Near Keith

"

Take no response as a polite no, whether the message has been read or not.

Yes I think you are right. Sometimes I hope they may have read but are not ready to reply just yet for numerous reasons.

Perhaps I’m overthinking "

It can be tempting to think that, for sure; if they're going to reply at some point, they'll do it when they're ready. I'd just delete the thread from your sent so you won't keep checking it and then it'll be a pleasant surprise if they do get back to you.

By *r John WickMan
9 weeks ago

The Continental

Empty your outbox, and forget about them.

Any reply is a pleasant surprise, and you’ll never have to worry about the status of the unanswered ones.

By *WB85Man
9 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Your next move should be.....NEXT.

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple
9 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Seriously you cannot believe how many messages we sometimes get day to day

Impossible to answer all, that’s also as a couples account

Some women will get way more because they are also of interest to couples as it’s a swingers site not a dating site as such

By *imply DeeWoman
9 weeks ago

Wherever

They are not interested. Move on.

By *issmorganWoman
9 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

When you send a message, delete it from hour sent items,

That way you won't know if it's been read etc and any reply will be a bonus.

By *oxy jWoman
9 weeks ago

somerset

they are either not interested or busy ... id delete it and if they do get back to you its a bonus ..

we all have our own way of using the mail box ...me its easy ... one line mean nothing messages like hows you / fuck now instant delete and block ..we written messages a simple no thanks reply and block ... if im interested i will answer back and see where is goes if it goes sour /slow/ they are wanking delete n block ... i always block if im not interested its stops any further attempts my block list is massive but it works i get very little abuse and i dont get guys wasting my time or their own

By *amsam101Man
9 weeks ago

poulton

Delete from sent and move on

By (user no longer on site)
9 weeks ago

We do this with couples. We don't respond until both of us have had chance to look at the message. The wife has better things to do than faff about on here. Hubby has his own office so can easily sneak online anytime.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
9 weeks ago

Leeds

Delete your sent box when you send them then you don't have to overthink it.

Fab rules - no reply = no thank you.

Mrs

Post new Message to Thread