Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Crossdresser day out

Jump to newest

By *ecretstacey OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

West Lothian

hey everyone

Im feeling brave and fancy heading out during the day for a stroll around the shops etc but somewhere away from home. Im thinking either stirling, glasgow or fife but not sure what place would be best.

My first thoughts are to go to stirling as theres the shopping centre plus lil side streets but im I likely to get hassle there?

Im not passable (no good at makeup) but f*ck what people think hehe

Sorry for rambling, just looking for somewhere new but safe to go hehe

x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I would say Glasgow. Indoor shopping centres there too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Stirling indoor shopping Mall always appears to be clean and safe

I wish you well

over a year ago

"hey everyone

Im feeling brave and fancy heading out during the day for a stroll around the shops etc but somewhere away from home. Im thinking either stirling, glasgow or fife but not sure what place would be best.

My first thoughts are to go to stirling as theres the shopping centre plus lil side streets but im I likely to get hassle there?

Im not passable (no good at makeup) but f*ck what people think hehe

Sorry for rambling, just looking for somewhere new but safe to go hehe

x"

Your not being brave if your hiding up side streets, probably wherever you choose to go you will get some nasty comments so just ignore the crap and focus on enjoying your day out. Remember the more you do it the less it will stress you. Why not see if other more experienced people will go with you, safety in numbers and moral support.

over a year ago

I'd say Glasgow because there are so many different types of people there that you'll blend in better, especially if you're wanting to build up confidence.

I work in a restaurant in the town and have seen all sorts and on the whole there's never any hassle. Sometimes people stare and talk under their breath and it's so obvious they're doing it, but people will talk about anything they don't agree with anyway. Don't let other people's issues stop you from doing you.

L x

over a year ago

I'd defo say Glasgow and try get some. Friends to go with you to build up your confidence as well

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

One thing that goes with the heels.... a thick skin.

From my own experience, there is no need to hide.

In fact, you’ll find that most big shops have seen us before. There in the most part trained to accept and deal with us just like normals.

In the main, most won’t see you, those that do, will either be scared, or they will admire you.

With time, you’ll get confidence and never look back.

In short, it’s fun and scary at the same time.

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

lala land

Where ever u go hold your head high even if u do get comments remember how amazing it feels to be able to just be you xx

By *atex and KinkCouple
over a year ago

Download Festival

The comments above are really relatable.

If you are walk out as a woman. Be the woman. Embrace her.

All woman have people stare, comment and talk about them everyday.

If people do that with you then you are being the best woman you can be.

Doesn't matter were you decide to go. Enjoy the experience and be the woman you want to be.

By *elly loveTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnock

How did it go then x

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

While in this day and age you shouldn't get any hassle, if you look ridiculous and don't make an effort then you will likely get hassle which will knock your confidence.

You say you are no good at makeup - why not practice and get good?

As for going out - for the first time I would say try and be like the rest of the girls - jeans and a top and flat shoes, not much makeup. Make your best effort and even if you are noticed, you will be respected rather than being ridiculed if you were a guy in a dress who hadn't tried.

By all means dress up more on subsequent trips but keep it simple on the first time and use it to get over your nerves and build your confidence.

By *ilf n filfCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Why not come to our next social I can guarantee you’ll be accepted and treated with respect and dignity..

We have a dedicated area for dressing and make up especially for Ts, TVs and CDs. You get help with make up and dressing. From the other members.

And milf as well probably.

By *ecretstacey OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

West Lothian

Thanks for the replies everyone, really gives me that wee boost and reminds myself its okay to be me.

I have only been out in public once before during the day and that was at Perth pride. I missed the pride but still went for a wonder around the shops with an admirer whos now a good friend. I was petrified the whole time and just wanted to run away. I managed to stroll around the main precinct and even pop into a few shops followed by a wee cafe hehe

My nerves play up so much that I feel I dont enjoy myself when out. Suppose im just worried that its like that each time. I suffer from anxiety too which doesnt really help me but I refuse to let it take over.

One more thing.. Im not even sure why I want to stroll around in public cause ive no desire to be a girl and only dress cause I love the clothes and recent times boys too. I sort of get a thrill of being checked out but hate attention on me. I have often went for late night drives and strolls only to head home wondering why I do it

Sorry guys, just noticed ive gone of track a lil with my rambling on hehe

Anyways, stay safe everyone and thanks again for your replies

Stacey xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/03/20 12:20:00]

over a year ago

Things you need to be aware

If your in a retail complex an you looking to use the public toilets you May not be allowed to use them due to there policy. Check before you go. As there is some centres I no will ban you

over a year ago

"Things you need to be aware

If your in a retail complex an you looking to use the public toilets you May not be allowed to use them due to there policy. Check before you go. As there is some centres I no will ban you"

I'm assuming you mean female toilets? Or do you mean the OP wouldn't be allowed to use the gents when dressed?

over a year ago

If your in a retail complex an you looking to use the public toilets you May not be allowed to use them due to there policy. Check before you go. As there is some centres I no will ban you

I'm assuming you mean female toilets? Or do you mean the OP wouldn't be allowed to use the gents when dressed?"

both

over a year ago

If your in a retail complex an you looking to use the public toilets you May not be allowed to use them due to there policy. Check before you go. As there is some centres I no will ban you"

No they won't! Use the toilets of the gender you are presenting as, and it's extremely unlikely that you'll get any hassle whatsoever.

over a year ago

No they won't! Use the toilets of the gender you are presenting as, and it's extremely unlikely that you'll get any hassle whatsoever."

Sorry but I disagree with this.

The OP has stated that they have no desire to be a woman and refer to themselves as a crossdresser, not transgender. Therefore they are a man dressed as a woman and should be free to use the men's toilet without any hassle. Any man who did hassle them is obviously an arsehole. It should be no different to any other attire any man may choose to wear.

By *ilf n filfCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Why not come to our next social I can guarantee you’ll be accepted and treated with respect and dignity..

We have a dedicated area for dressing and make up especially for Ts, TVs and CDs. You get help with make up and dressing. From the other members.

And milf as well probably. "

We also have Secured a separate toilet area for TVs Ts and CDs

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS
over a year ago

Teesside

As the others above said, tone your outfit down until you’re confident to look a bit more wacky, (unless you’re going for a night out).

T-girls have good and bad days. Sometimes, I feel more comfortable crossing the road if I’m heading to towards a group of young people or bunch of rowdy people.

A really good friend of mine she does the same and she once told me that she also wears earphones and turns her music up loud to block out anyone’s comments out.

This works a treat for her. However, it wouldn’t work for me because I like to hear what’s gojng on around me.

‘The most important thing is ‘Be Confident and stay confident’ ..... If you’re not acting confident, that’s when everyone starts to home in on you....

Good Luck

over a year ago

No they won't! Use the toilets of the gender you are presenting as, and it's extremely unlikely that you'll get any hassle whatsoever.

The OP has stated that they have no desire to be a woman and refer to themselves as a crossdresser, not transgender. Therefore they are a man dressed as a woman and should be free to use the men's toilet without any hassle. Any man who did hassle them is obviously an arsehole. It should be no different to any other attire any man may choose to wear."

Whilst I do agree that cross dressers should be free to use the gents without hassle should they wish to, sadly that is often not the case because unfortunately a lot of people are arseholes.

The OP may well not want to be a woman, but there are thousands of cross dressers who do go out quite regularly and who wish to be addressed and treated as the gender they are presenting as. Many of these cross dressers do not 'pass' as women and yet lots of them will use the womens facilities with no problems at all.

You should be aware that there is little

real difference between a cross dresser, a transvestite or a T. Girl, other than the nomenclature. They are all men dressed as women. Some groups of people would even claim that transwomen fall into that category too. Bigots are still around unfortunately.

There are no shopping centres who have an outright ban on people who cross dress using the toilets of the gender they are presenting as, and nor should there be, so the person who posted that there was is incorrect, and may potentially put people off going out dressed.

If you have any concerns about cross dressers using the ladies, you shouldn't have, because many of them have been doing so for years with no issue whatsoever.

over a year ago

The OP has stated that they have no desire to be a woman and refer to themselves as a crossdresser, not transgender. Therefore they are a man dressed as a woman and should be free to use the men's toilet without any hassle. Any man who did hassle them is obviously an arsehole. It should be no different to any other attire any man may choose to wear.

Whilst I do agree that cross dressers should be free to use the gents without hassle should they wish to, sadly that is often not the case because unfortunately a lot of people are arseholes.

The OP may well not want to be a woman, but there are thousands of cross dressers who do go out quite regularly and who wish to be addressed and treated as the gender they are presenting as. Many of these cross dressers do not 'pass' as women and yet lots of them will use the womens facilities with no problems at all.

real difference between a cross dresser, a transvestite or a T. Girl, other than the nomenclature. They are all men dressed as women. Some groups of people would even claim that transwomen fall into that category too. Bigots are still around unfortunately.

There are no shopping centres who have an outright ban on people who cross dress using the toilets of the gender they are presenting as, and nor should there be, so the person who posted that there was is incorrect, and may potentially put people off going out dressed.

If you have any concerns about cross dressers using the ladies, you shouldn't have, because many of them have been doing so for years with no issue whatsoever."

that's were your wrong as sevral shopping centers as ban it. As been highlighted in the local news

over a year ago

If you have any concerns about cross dressers using the ladies, you shouldn't have, because many of them have been doing so for years with no issue whatsoever."

Hoping this thread doesn't go off at a tangent as this is not related to the OPs original question....but....

If a man wishes to cross dress it's my understanding that he is doing so because he is getting enjoyment, a kick and some kind of sexual buzz from doing so. I have absolutely no issue with this. Crack on and enjoy.

I do have an issue with the prospect of my daughter being greeted with someone who is quite obviously a man were she ever alone in the women's toilet. This never happens as I always take her, however I have encountered primary school age girls in women's toilets who have gone to the loo on their own and can't lock the door properly or have wandered out with their wee tights at their ankles. I'm not suggesting that the cross dressing man in the loo will automatically pose any kind of threat. I'm concerned for the feelings of the wee girl who wanders out of the loo with her tights at her ankles, to be met with a fully grown man dressed as a woman. Her feelings trump those of the man who wanted to dress as a woman that day...every fucking time.

The focus here should be on men accepting that other men may like to wear dresses and should not be judged for doing so. And if they need a piss, let them use the bog without batting an eyelid.

over a year ago

Ok, here's my thought, OP I would go to Glasgow, but that's only because I thinks it's the best city in Scotland, but I'm biased

Now for the toilet issue, I agree with the point Doggy made. Now if it was me I would use the accessible toilet just to save myself any hassle. This is only my thoughts on what I would do.

I think using the ladies is a definite no. Hope I've not offended anyone. It can be a complex issue.

over a year ago

If you have any concerns about cross dressers using the ladies, you shouldn't have, because many of them have been doing so for years with no issue whatsoever.

Hoping this thread doesn't go off at a tangent as this is not related to the OPs original question....but....

If a man wishes to cross dress it's my understanding that he is doing so because he is getting enjoyment, a kick and some kind of sexual buzz from doing so. I have absolutely no issue with this. Crack on and enjoy.

I do have an issue with the prospect of my daughter being greeted with someone who is quite obviously a man were she ever alone in the women's toilet. This never happens as I always take her, however I have encountered primary school age girls in women's toilets who have gone to the loo on their own and can't lock the door properly or have wandered out with their wee tights at their ankles. I'm not suggesting that the cross dressing man in the loo will automatically pose any kind of threat. I'm concerned for the feelings of the wee girl who wanders out of the loo with her tights at her ankles, to be met with a fully grown man dressed as a woman. Her feelings trump those of the man who wanted to dress as a woman that day...every fucking time.

The focus here should be on men accepting that other men may like to wear dresses and should not be judged for doing so. And if they need a piss, let them use the bog without batting an eyelid."

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you're just buying into the paranoia around this subject. People go into the toilets and do their business in a locked cubicle, come out and wash their hands and leave. That's it. Nobody tends to hang around in an public toilet in a shopping centre for any longer than they have to.

Now I do agree that if someone is simply wearing a dress, with no wig or makeup, then they should use the mens toilets, because that is how they will be perceived, and to be honest I don't particularly want to share a loo with them either, but what about unisex toilets? Quite a few places have them now, including some secondary schools.

As regards cross dressing in general, fully dressed up men, presenting as women, with wig and full makeup, have been using ladies toilets for decades with no outcry, because virtually no-one has been aware of the fact. Has it damaged anyone? No, because mostly it goes unnoticed and because most women are pretty accepting if they do notice. Cross dressers often enjoy going out, but usually it's because they want to be taken for a woman and not because of any sexual factor.

The people who do tend to have most problem with this are usually men.

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The focus here should be on men accepting that other men may like to wear dresses and should not be judged for doing so. And if they need a piss, let them use the bog without batting an eyelid.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you're just buying into the paranoia around this subject. People go into the toilets and do their business in a locked cubicle, come out and wash their hands and leave. That's it. Nobody tends to hang around in an public toilet in a shopping centre for any longer than they have to.

Now I do agree that if someone is simply wearing a dress, with no wig or makeup, then they should use the mens toilets, because that is how they will be perceived, and to be honest I don't particularly want to share a loo with them either, but what about unisex toilets? Quite a few places have them now, including some secondary schools.

As regards cross dressing in general, fully dressed up men, presenting as women, with wig and full makeup, have been using ladies toilets for decades with no outcry, because virtually no-one has been aware of the fact. Has it damaged anyone? No, because mostly it goes unnoticed and because most women are pretty accepting if they do notice. Cross dressers often enjoy going out, but usually it's because they want to be taken for a woman and not because of any sexual factor.

The people who do tend to have most problem with this are usually men. "

Or women are trained from birth to be nice / accommodating and put up with feeling uncomfortable rather than making a scene. Or they're scared of the reaction if they do comment.

over a year ago

We'll agree to disagree on this. It's not paranoia.

As I explained, my concern is for the child who wanders into Asda's loo and sees someone who they know is a man and how this will make them feel. He may only me washing his hands for a moment and leaving, but he's still in a woman's toilet in a dress, in an attempt to temporarilty be accepted as a woman. Incidentally my 10yr recently read 'The Boy In The Dress" and loved it. I asked her earlier how she would feel if a boy her age was in the toilet wearing a dress...she shrugged her shoulders, "no big deal".

I asked her how she would feel if it was a man the same height as Dad in a dress? "Scared and a bit confused".

So how do we decide which crossdressers can and can't use the women's toilets? What criteria do they need to meet? Cat walk worthy make up or is a quick Pat Butcher blue eyeshadow acceptable?

If men are the main issue here then they are the ones who should be challenged to share their space with other men who choose to dress as women.

With regards to secondary schools and colleges etc having a different set up with toilets, I believe this is to address transgenderism and has nothing to do with cross dressing.

over a year ago

The people who do tend to have most problem with this are usually men.

Or women are trained from birth to be nice / accommodating and put up with feeling uncomfortable rather than making a scene. Or they're scared of the reaction if they do comment."

over a year ago

There is no law prohibiting anyone from using the toilet of the opposite sex.

over a year ago

"There is no law prohibiting anyone from using the toilet of the opposite sex. "

Well maybe there should be.

over a year ago

"There is no law prohibiting anyone from using the toilet of the opposite sex.

Well maybe there should be."

Actually...patch that...if your back teeth were floating and there was no other option most reasonable folk wouldn't mind. But if you were doing it for the buzz or some kind of kick....Naw.

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

From personal experience, I have never had any issues out and about. I have never experienced anything other than getting treated correctly.

It is a very touchy subject on both sides, and no one wishes to cause offence, but the traditional male female divisions now have a third gender - those that are somewhere in between, and a lot of places now have single toilets, problem solved.

over a year ago

Actually...patch that...if your back teeth were floating and there was no other option most reasonable folk wouldn't mind. But if you were doing it for the buzz or some kind of kick....Naw."

I have no wish to anger or offend anyone, and this is an emotive subject I understand that. I'm only trying to explain what usually happens when a cross dresser decides to go out dressed as a woman. Most men who get a sexual buzz from wearing womens clothes don't usually want to venture outside, as they're happy to stay indoors and get aroused from the experience. The ones who do want go out shopping or for a coffee or a meal are not usually sexually motivated at all. It's the pleasure of feeling like a woman, even if just for a short while, that drives them. These people are usually suffering a small degree of gender dysphoria.

Anyway, I'm not going to post about it again, I'll leave it to a cross dresser to explain, if any are interested in doing so. It's not really my problem as I'm a full-time post-op transwoman, short and petite, and I seldom get a second glance, which is just how I like it.

over a year ago

Actually...patch that...if your back teeth were floating and there was no other option most reasonable folk wouldn't mind. But if you were doing it for the buzz or some kind of kick....Naw.

I have no wish to anger or offend anyone, and this is an emotive subject I understand that. I'm only trying to explain what usually happens when a cross dresser decides to go out dressed as a woman. Most men who get a sexual buzz from wearing womens clothes don't usually want to venture outside, as they're happy to stay indoors and get aroused from the experience. The ones who do want go out shopping or for a coffee or a meal are not usually sexually motivated at all. It's the pleasure of feeling like a woman, even if just for a short while, that drives them. These people are usually suffering a small degree of gender dysphoria.

Anyway, I'm not going to post about it again, I'll leave it to a cross dresser to explain, if any are interested in doing so. It's not really my problem as I'm a full-time post-op transwoman, short and petite, and I seldom get a second glance, which is just how I like it."

Post new Message to Thread