Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Delete and block

Jump to newest

By *urplequeen OP   Woman
over a year ago

Fife

Used it so much recently. I really should learn not to look on here at weekends late on....

Nope.. Im not desperate when out. Pretty much guarantee the banter or ive turned it down... Profiles quite clear.. Dont follow it.. Well not my issue ????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Fife

If not clear.. Please give me advoce folks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If not clear.. Please give me advoce folks"

What advice would you like... I think for some blocking and deleting is the way to go... never blocked anyone... but that's cause here is for fun

over a year ago

Fife

Please tell me how much more clarity i could put in my profile to say.. Im not gonna shag you just cos you asked... Its not instashag.. In fact new statis tonight..

over a year ago

"Please tell me how much more clarity i could put in my profile to say.. Im not gonna shag you just cos you asked... Its not instashag.. In fact new statis tonight.. "

Your profile sets out what you want and are looking for... clearly. Do you think that some maybe reading it differently

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Please tell me how much more clarity i could put in my profile to say.. Im not gonna shag you just cos you asked... Its not instashag.. In fact new statis tonight.. "

Don't mind these messages. Instant indication they're not for me and I am a big fan of the block button x

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Please tell me how much more clarity i could put in my profile to say.. Im not gonna shag you just cos you asked... Its not instashag.. In fact new statis tonight..

Your profile sets out what you want and are looking for... clearly. Do you think that some maybe reading it differently "

I think most don't read permanently. Only look at pictures

over a year ago

Alas it’s an oft debated topic. It sometimes appears on the forums as “why does no one read profiles” or “Single guys ruin fab” type threads etc etc. Usually you find all the ladies complaining of rude one word messages which sometime lead to ping pong mails etc and guys complain of entitled women who don’t respond to well worded messages or delete without reading. The forums are full of threads with advice and viewpoints on it all. I really don’t think it will ever change

Oh there are FABulous men and ladies here... good vetting, filters and doing your own searching seem to be the best advice. Oh and block and delete seem to be popular too, for both sexes, happy fabbing lovely lady

over a year ago

First line of mine says not meeting and I still get folk messaging asking.

I have more important things in my life that require my time and attention. Delete and block without a second thought. If they don't like it then they should learn to fucking read.

over a year ago

That's why I prefer to go into clubs and chat to folk, as you can't tell much from a person on the opposite end

By *smodeousMan
over a year ago

perth/aberdeen

Alot of people dont bother to read profiles. They just see someone unlike and go oft I wanna shag that... and off they go!!!

over a year ago

Most just look at the pictures and fire a message.

Sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt.

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Primitive beings. They'd be best served by a nice swinging club, and maybe some drag. Yabba dabba doo thum!

By *aledonianDoranMan
over a year ago

fife

We've chatted on and off since you joined, never met, mostly due to you being busy and me not putting in any effort to meet anyone right now! If I do decide to meet on here again, I'd definitely up the bants with you to hopefully meet and hope that due to the way we've chatted and how I am on here, you'd be happy to, your profile is perfect, any genuine swinger and not just a chancer hoping for a quick shag will read it, follow it and he'll be the one worth chatting and meeting with, the rest just block, block, block

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Problem is most don’t read the profiles

If someone messages you and you don’t want to hear from them again just block them it’s your profile it’s up to you what you do with it

over a year ago

I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

guys are only seeing that

over a year ago

Fife

"I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

guys are only seeing that "

Its gone..lets see if it makes a difference.

Think after a few (read many) vodkas last night, the instashag blokes just really got on my nerves x

By *smodeousMan
over a year ago

perth/aberdeen

"I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

Think after a few (read many) vodkas last night, the instashag blokes just really got on my nerves x"

Instashag... I am now copyrighting that for my new dating and hook up site

over a year ago

Fife

[Removed by poster at 14/10/19 10:07:18]

over a year ago

Fife

"I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

Think after a few (read many) vodkas last night, the instashag blokes just really got on my nerves x

Instashag... I am now copyrighting that for my new dating and hook up site "

I stole it from someone in another thread so fill yer boots

over a year ago

Delete and block the best way. At least you know when that happens you’ve no chance lol

over a year ago

Fife

"Delete and block the best way. At least you know when that happens you’ve no chance lol "

Cannae get rid of you that way though can I pal... . Hehehehe

You know me.. If it was real life.. Id not be backwards at coming forwards and saying p*ss off

over a year ago

"Delete and block the best way. At least you know when that happens you’ve no chance lol

Cannae get rid of you that way though can I pal... . Hehehehe

You know me.. If it was real life.. Id not be backwards at coming forwards and saying p*ss off "

Oh I know you wouldn’t lol. Def just block tho saves your breath haha x

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Tbh it doesn't matter what we put in our profiles, so few people bother to read them. I could probably say I'm a human praying mantis who kills their partners after sex and I'd still get messages asking when I'm free

over a year ago

Fife

"Please tell me how much more clarity i could put in my profile to say.. Im not gonna shag you just cos you asked... Its not instashag.. In fact new statis tonight..

Tbh it doesn't matter what we put in our profiles, so few people bother to read them. I could probably say I'm a human praying mantis who kills their partners after sex and I'd still get messages asking when I'm free "

Might try that line out for the laughs..

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Tbh it doesn't matter what we put in our profiles, so few people bother to read them. I could probably say I'm a human praying mantis who kills their partners after sex and I'd still get messages asking when I'm free

Might try that line out for the laughs.. "

Let us know how you get on

By *TBSMan
over a year ago

close enough

This is an interesting post,the reason I say that is that so many women state quite clearly in the forum's that in actuality they check out a males profile before even thinking about opening the mail they have received from them.

If you wish to do that...you can.

If a male wants to send you mail...he can.

We all can do what WE wish (to a degree).

over a year ago

"This is an interesting post,the reason I say that is that so many women state quite clearly in the forum's that in actuality they check out a males profile before even thinking about opening the mail they have received from them.

If you wish to do that...you can.

If a male wants to send you mail...he can.

We all can do what WE wish (to a degree)."

It’s all about geometry

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Istashag seems a close cousin to cupasoup. You get a craving and it sounds like a great solution then realise is flavourless and full of zero goodness.

over a year ago

"Istashag seems a close cousin to cupasoup. You get a craving and it sounds like a great solution then realise is flavourless and full of zero goodness. "

Hahaha this might be fabquoteoftheyear

By *arlosF2019Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Its clear and concise but i never got a reply

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Istashag seems a close cousin to cupasoup. You get a craving and it sounds like a great solution then realise is flavourless and full of zero goodness.

Hahaha this might be fabquoteoftheyear "

Aw bless.

Shame I typoed on the instashag ffs.

Off to do my lines.

By *arlosF2019Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

Think after a few (read many) vodkas last night, the instashag blokes just really got on my nerves x"

The polkadot doesnt work either lol

over a year ago

"Istashag seems a close cousin to cupasoup. You get a craving and it sounds like a great solution then realise is flavourless and full of zero goodness.

Hahaha this might be fabquoteoftheyear

Aw bless.

Shame I typoed on the instashag ffs.

Off to do my lines. "

I totally read it ok...

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'd ditch the

*INTERESTED IN MEN ONLY*

The polkadot doesnt work either lol "

It all about joining the “dots” and not poking them so much. And only then when the angles and perspective is right and tied together with a good compounded noun.

I spot a threesome around the corner.

(Stephen Fry’s got nothing on me)

over a year ago

Fife

"If not clear.. Please give me advoce folks

Its clear and concise but i never got a reply "

Probably messaged me at an inappropriate time for me where i didnt have time to reply as i work A LOT and then got lost in among all the instashag messages. I try to respond whenever someone actually reads the profile but sometimes cant keep up

over a year ago

Its clear and concise but i never got a reply

Probably messaged me at an inappropriate time for me where i didnt have time to reply as i work A LOT and then got lost in among all the instashag messages. I try to respond whenever someone actually reads the profile but sometimes cant keep up"

Youve know need to explain why you havent replied to a message that youve received.

Anyone that thinks they deserve a reply to their message is ludicrous.

IMHO

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

lala land

We have met you and know you are a very genuine person your profile is fine imo there is a lot of people on here that are here cus tinder takes 2 long to get a match and think they will get one faster here plus pics are better over here the block button is your best pal you may also want to up msg filters such as no pics or not verified blocked that kinda s out the newbies looking for fast hook up

And I also agree with folks that have said about the clubs as you know it's much easier to meet and get to know ppl faster in that setting xxx

over a year ago

Fife

"We have met you and know you are a very genuine person your profile is fine imo there is a lot of people on here that are here cus tinder takes 2 long to get a match and think they will get one faster here plus pics are better over here the block button is your best pal you may also want to up msg filters such as no pics or not verified blocked that kinda s out the newbies looking for fast hook up

And I also agree with folks that have said about the clubs as you know it's much easier to meet and get to know ppl faster in that setting xxx"

Thanks hun. Will deffo need to up my filters.. Especially at weekends when it tends to get worse.

Hope the holiday is going well?

Ps...just seen your snap from saturday last night lol

over a year ago

"Used it so much recently. I really should learn not to look on here at weekends late on....

Nope.. Im not desperate when out. Pretty much guarantee the banter or ive turned it down... Profiles quite clear.. Dont follow it.. Well not my issue ????"

I have to agree, and also Insta Shag isnt for me, I like something with connection and some meaning x

By *exylicksMan
over a year ago

airdrie

with all respect though no should mean no. i dont read profiles as too many people dont reply and get offensive messages from people that i havent read profile. when told no i am respectful and there should be a button that stops you from messaging person again or receiving message without having to use delete button

over a year ago

It often seems like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. Not replying is often viewed as ignorant and replying is often taken as a green light to continue chatting or even that you would meet... I don't see it ever changing but the site does give you all the tools to deal with it. Oh I've had many lovely messages to my polite messages too, a recent gentleman thanked me for enlightening him. However you can't take the time to do that for all the messages, people have lives

I think any solution lies in education of site use and understanding what the other side has to put up with, that's both sexes

By *40ffCouple
over a year ago

lala land

"We have met you and know you are a very genuine person your profile is fine imo there is a lot of people on here that are here cus tinder takes 2 long to get a match and think they will get one faster here plus pics are better over here the block button is your best pal you may also want to up msg filters such as no pics or not verified blocked that kinda s out the newbies looking for fast hook up

And I also agree with folks that have said about the clubs as you know it's much easier to meet and get to know ppl faster in that setting xxx

Thanks hun. Will deffo need to up my filters.. Especially at weekends when it tends to get worse.

Hope the holiday is going well?

Ps...just seen your snap from saturday last night lol "

I'm dying hun like so knacked its unreal but kids having a blast unlike my bank account haha xx

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

with all respect though no should mean no. i dont read profiles as too many people dont reply and get offensive messages from people that i havent read profile. when told no i am respectful and there should be a button that stops you from messaging person again or receiving message without having to use delete button"

Private notes option comes in handy. And it also shows on your profile if you've messaged them before and how long ago. Or block em

over a year ago

Fife

with all respect though no should mean no. i dont read profiles as too many people dont reply and get offensive messages from people that i havent read profile. when told no i am respectful and there should be a button that stops you from messaging person again or receiving message without having to use delete button

Private notes option comes in handy. And it also shows on your profile if you've messaged them before and how long ago. Or block em "

I actually need to start using the notes function to remember why i blocked some of them

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman
over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

I’ve started using notes too. I never used to then would end up replying to someone I’d stopped messaging and forgetting why.

Thing is, if any one is like me, what you want at any given moment can be wildly different to what you fancy then next time. It makes it very difficult I think for people who do send messages.

I mean, I say I dislike one word messages or the “nice tits love” type message but at the same time I don’t want your life story, or some flowery romance novel describing how you intend to get into my knickers.

It confuses me, never mind those who message me lol

over a year ago

"I’ve started using notes too. I never used to then would end up replying to someone I’d stopped messaging and forgetting why.

Thing is, if any one is like me, what you want at any given moment can be wildly different to what you fancy then next time. It makes it very difficult I think for people who do send messages.

I mean, I say I dislike one word messages or the “nice tits love” type message but at the same time I don’t want your life story, or some flowery romance novel describing how you intend to get into my knickers.

It confuses me, never mind those who message me lol "

Very true but of both sexes, yes we ladies might be confusing but so are the gentlemen... I think is called the attraction of opposites yet like attracts like... my personal favourite description of attraction is the moth and the flame... pretty light... ouch burny burny.... pretty light ... ouch burny burny... repeat

over a year ago

Private notes option comes in handy. And it also shows on your profile if you've messaged them before and how long ago. Or block em

I actually need to start using the notes function to remember why i blocked some of them"

Mr uses this. If I'm in need of a laugh I read his comments. Pretty sure I'd be chained to the naughty step for life if they were ever published!

over a year ago

Your profile sets out what you want and are looking for... clearly. Do you think that some maybe reading it differently "

You are presuming some can read!!

Oohh harsh fifey!!

I've used the block button 3 times today

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Your profile sets out what you want and are looking for... clearly. Do you think that some maybe reading it differently

You are presuming some can read!!

Oohh harsh fifey!!

I've used the block button 3 times today"

Only the 3 ??

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS
over a year ago

Teesside

I’ve just had a quick look at you profile. It’s pretty long lol. In fact one of the longest I’ve seen in a while.

You must also get bombarded and so frustrated at peoples nativity and ignorance, as there are a lot of instructions and specific criteria given.

I’ve noticed myself that unfortunately, a lot of people don’t even read our profiles/instructions on what not to do.

Some don’t take note of whether they meet the criteria we have specified on our profiles. They will just message regardless because they like the look of our photos unfortunately.

I know some people who have stopped fighting this loosing battle, gone back to basics, shortened their profile, taken off the don’t’s (because they mostly get ignored anyway), and without pondering, just block the idiots after their first few messages.

It seemed so much easier that way that I’ve tried to follow suit and just keep it simple and quick to read and most of all positive

That’s just my 2nd opinion;)

over a year ago

I’ve just had a quick look at you profile. It’s pretty long lol. In fact one of the longest I’ve seen in a while.

You must also get bombarded and so frustrated at peoples nativity and ignorance, as there are a lot of instructions and specific criteria given.

I’ve noticed myself that unfortunately, a lot of people don’t even read our profiles/instructions on what not to do.

Some don’t take note of whether they meet the criteria we have specified on our profiles. They will just message regardless because they like the look of our photos unfortunately.

I know some people who have stopped fighting this loosing battle, gone back to basics, shortened their profile, taken off the don’t’s (because they mostly get ignored anyway), and without pondering, just block the idiots after their first few messages.

It seemed so much easier that way that I’ve tried to follow suit and just keep it simple and quick to read and most of all positive

That’s just my 2nd opinion;)"

A well worded assessment

over a year ago

Great advice. Essay profiles are off-putting, impossible to digest, often contradictory, and obviously not worth the effort to craft if you're *still* being carpet bombed by the ignorant.

over a year ago

Fife

What ive actually learned is to hide my profile late on at weekends cos thats when most of the instashag comments come. And in the business im in.. I do tend to be on late.

The important stuff is at the top of the profile.. If nobody reads that far then they aint for me anyway. Dont send a cock pick and dont expect to meet straightaway.. Oh and that im not actually meeting right now is a recent addition.

Started to note why ive blocked folk as well after some issues.

over a year ago

We've all hidden our profile at one time or another, myself included but what I've noticed, especially over the last couple of years is that when someone messages you, they're obviously not reading our profiles at all whether or not it's a short or long profile. It happens a lot on here. As single women we can state what we're looking for but unfortunately it won't make a blind bit of difference to someone who will simply just message on the off chance. Yes I use the notes section a lot but like others I have to block. Par for the course I'm afraid but it is what it is x

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I block very few. They really need to annoy me to get blocked

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

If a guy was to have written this the replies would be way diffrent this isn't to say this is what your doing but your asking folk to check your profile which can come across as a diva moment.all you can do on fab is find your own way nothing wrong with deleting and blocking intact I'd encourage it.

over a year ago

Youre on a swinging site for NSA sex with consenting adults just like the guy who sent you the message.

Maybe you found the guys message offensive and inappropriate which i do get your point.However the guy is well within the rules of the site too ask you for a fuck.

Fab has given you the options in how you would like to control your profile.

Im a bit tired in hearing females and couples expressing "Read my profile ..Read my profile." Most guys will tell you they cant be arsed reading a list of demands,checklists and long storybooks of arrogance.In my experience profiles never entirely reflect what they seek anyway.But everyone is quick too say .."oh mine does."

The delete and block button is there for you to use at your convenience.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Bn here 3yrs and only blocked 21folk. Im quitr tolerant. I either ignore or tell them off if they are rude. Sometimes they apologise.

over a year ago

" Sometimes they apologise."

You must meet all the polite arseholes!

over a year ago

Fife

"If a guy was to have written this the replies would be way diffrent this isn't to say this is what your doing but your asking folk to check your profile which can come across as a diva moment.all you can do on fab is find your own way nothing wrong with deleting and blocking intact I'd encourage it. "

Ive learned just to hide my profile when im on here late after work at weekends..as i said up the comments a bit. When the "just joined an hour ago when theyve came in from the pub" types are rife. Working so far for me.

Everyones here for different things and different reasons so we're entitled to have an opinion on what we want and if that comes across as divaish to you or anyone else then so be it... But im definitely the furthest thing from a Diva you could get. I just know what I want.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

That’s just my 2nd opinion;)

What ive actually learned is to hide my profile late on at weekends cos thats when most of the instashag comments come. And in the business im in.. I do tend to be on late.

The important stuff is at the top of the profile.. If nobody reads that far then they aint for me anyway. Dont send a cock pick and dont expect to meet straightaway.. Oh and that im not actually meeting right now is a recent addition.

Started to note why ive blocked folk as well after some issues. "

Ha ha I thought it was odd I couldn’t see your profile till I read this bit.

Post new Message to Thread