1 week ago

Redworth Co Durham

Bye

See you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
1 week ago

Carlisle usually

Don't put too much faith in the idea that the majority aren't at least one of stupid or apathetic

By *r John WickMan
1 week ago

The Continental

Politics lounge is down there a few scrolls.

By *uxom redCouple
1 week ago

Shrewsbury

"Politics lounge is down there a few scrolls. "

By *ophieslutTV/TS
1 week ago

Central

Cya

By *etropolitain OP   Man
7 days ago

Redworth Co Durham

"Cya"

So

Happy

Tories out

By *exy_HornyCouple
7 days ago

Leigh

"Cya

So

Happy

Tories out"

Why?

Out of the frying pan into the fire is my thought.

By *iseekingbiCouple
7 days ago

N ireland and West Midlands

And good fucking riddance.

By *irldnCouple
7 days ago

Brighton

"Cya

So

Happy

Tories out

Why?

Out of the frying pan into the fire is my thought."

Sometimes you still need to change your frying pan in case it becomes carcinogenic

By *exy_HornyCouple
7 days ago

Leigh

"Cya

So

Happy

Tories out

Why?

Sometimes you still need to change your frying pan in case it becomes carcinogenic "

By buying a new more toxic one that will cost you more money every year?

By *wistntwirlCouple
7 days ago

Middle Land

14 years of misery and farce. Hopefully they'll continue to decline into irrelevance.

By *irldnCouple
7 days ago

Brighton

"Cya

So

Happy

Tories out

Why?

Sometimes you still need to change your frying pan in case it becomes carcinogenic

By buying a new more toxic one that will cost you more money every year?"

It might but that actually depends on what happens with the world economy. If things pick up the exchequer will start filling and provide headroom to avoid tax rises. It worked in the 90s/00s.

By *usie pTV/TS
7 days ago

taunton

Mmmm have been around quite a while now and have witnessed several governments being great at one time until they eventually slide downhill and get booted, even the mighty Winston got shown the door a short time after the 2nd world war but he came back I think, with all the termoil over the last few years the Tories may have done a fantastic job for all we know only it doesn't feel like it, and it was us the great british public who took the decision to go for brexit, similar to now we have decided on a labour government. I don't think anyone is going to be much better off any time soon unless we get off our butts and make it better for ourselves.

By *erri_kissesTV/TS
7 days ago

Islington

They DID NOT do a fantastic job.
"Mmmm have been around quite a while now and have witnessed several governments being great at one time until they eventually slide downhill and get booted, even the mighty Winston got shown the door a short time after the 2nd world war but he came back I think, with all the termoil over the last few years the Tories may have done a fantastic job for all we know only it doesn't feel like it, and it was us the great british public who took the decision to go for brexit, similar to now we have decided on a labour government. I don't think anyone is going to be much better off any time soon unless we get off our butts and make it better for ourselves."

By *exyusMan
7 days ago

halifax

Labour didn't win the election the Conservatives lost it! Tory voters stayed at home or voted reform.

If the Conservatives sort themselves out they will be back in government

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
7 days ago

nearby

"Labour didn't win the election the Conservatives lost it! Tory voters stayed at home or voted reform.

"

Exactly this

Reform votes (4.1m) equivalent to 60% of Tory votes (6.8m) and 42% of Labour (9.7m)

Remarkable for a new Reform campaign.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
3 days ago

Horsham

"Cya

So

Happy

Tories out

Why?

Out of the frying pan into the fire is my thought."

I get the feeling they are all as bad as each other, just a different coloured logo. I would like to be proven wrong though.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

"Labour didn't win the election the Conservatives lost it! Tory voters stayed at home or voted reform.

Exactly this

Reform votes (4.1m) equivalent to 60% of Tory votes (6.8m) and 42% of Labour (9.7m)

Remarkable for a new Reform campaign. "

Reform got a huge disproportionate amount of airtime on the Beeb, in the papers, everywhere.

By *mateur100Man
3 days ago

nr faversham

Exactly this

Reform got a huge disproportionate amount of airtime on the Beeb, in the papers, everywhere. "

Didn't they get the 3rd highest vote share? In which case they should've received a commensurate amount of coverage surely?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
3 days ago

golden fields

Exactly this

Reform got a huge disproportionate amount of airtime on the Beeb, in the papers, everywhere.

Didn't they get the 3rd highest vote share? In which case they should've received a commensurate amount of coverage surely?"

The coverage came before the election.

By *exymilf2203Couple
3 days ago

Farnborough

I think this general election was not about choosing who was best for the country, is was who was the least worst. Time will tell whether the right party is in power

By *aribbean King 1985Man
2 days ago

South West London

They'll be back

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 days ago

golden fields

"They'll be back"

The will. It'll be interesting to see if they lean even more into the division, anti-immigrant, and culture wars stuff to appeal to Reform voters, or if they try to return to grown up politics.

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 days ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

Yes. They will be back. And on a more centrist platform again. But like they did before, they will start to fragment and the 'right' factions will demand more and more unpalatable policies.

But Labour will do exactly the same. It's in the nature of the Politics of this country, most European democracies, actually.

Time and Power emboldens those who seek it.

I'm sure that many have read 'Lord of the Flies'? It applies as perfectly now as when it was first published.

By *irldnCouple
2 days ago

Brighton

"Yes. They will be back. And on a more centrist platform again. But like they did before, they will start to fragment and the 'right' factions will demand more and more unpalatable policies.

But Labour will do exactly the same. It's in the nature of the Politics of this country, most European democracies, actually.

Time and Power emboldens those who seek it.

I'm sure that many have read 'Lord of the Flies'? It applies as perfectly now as when it was first published."

Those (private) coalitions giving us stable govts with easy legislative decisions making gifted us by FPTP

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
2 days ago

Cumbria

"They'll be back"

They will, as a centre right, electable party that is slowly held to ransom by an increasingly batshit hard right element which will drag them down.

By *exy_HornyCouple
2 days ago

Leigh

"They'll be back

They will, as a centre right, electable party that is slowly held to ransom by an increasingly batshit hard right element which will drag them down."

One reason they lost is that they were way too far left. Effectively "Labour Lite".

This, and the constant infighting, meant that they were totally ineffective and failed to deliver on any promises.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
2 days ago

Cumbria

"They'll be back

They will, as a centre right, electable party that is slowly held to ransom by an increasingly batshit hard right element which will drag them down.

One reason they lost is that they were way too far left. Effectively "Labour Lite".

This, and the constant infighting, meant that they were totally ineffective and failed to deliver on any promises."

This is the sort of opinion that will keep them out of power, bravo, keep it up.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 days ago

golden fields

"They'll be back

This, and the constant infighting, meant that they were totally ineffective and failed to deliver on any promises."

Blimey.

They didn't crush ordinary people enough with austerity, didn't allow ultra wealthy to use tax havens enough, didn't attack minority groups enough, didn't blame foreigners enough?

The Tories were as far to the right as they have been in my lifetime. Not sure what else they could have done to shift even further.

By *exy_HornyCouple
2 days ago

Leigh

"They'll be back

This, and the constant infighting, meant that they were totally ineffective and failed to deliver on any promises.

Blimey.

They didn't crush ordinary people enough with austerity, didn't allow ultra wealthy to use tax havens enough, didn't attack minority groups enough, didn't blame foreigners enough?

The Tories were as far to the right as they have been in my lifetime. Not sure what else they could have done to shift even further. "

They failed to implement Brexit properly.

They failed to deal with immigration, legal and illegal.

They raised taxes to the highest level in generations.

They spent money like water on covid and energy support.

They failed to sort out the NHS, elderly care, roads, crime etc.

They wasted billions on the useless HS2 project.

No trace of right wing policies.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
2 days ago

golden fields

"They'll be back

Blimey.

The Tories were as far to the right as they have been in my lifetime. Not sure what else they could have done to shift even further.

They failed to implement Brexit properly.

"

They did, a small number of people got very rich. This was the main aim.

Besides, that doesn't make them leftwing, or rightwing.

"

They failed to deal with immigration, legal and illegal.

"

The delt with legal immigration by increasing numbers because it's what the country needs.

But the were right wing about it, constantly blaming and attacking immigrants, stoking hate and fear.

"

They raised taxes to the highest level in generations.

"

Disproportionately on ordinary people. Which is more right wing than left wing.

"

They spent money like water on covid and energy support.

"

The made their rich pals richer, definitely not a left wing trait. And they continued their support of fossil fuel company profits over everything else. Again, a right wing approach.

"

They failed to sort out the NHS, elderly care, roads, crime etc.

"

Correct, this doesn't make them left or right.

"

They wasted billions on the useless HS2 project.

"

Yes, again neither a right or left wing trait.

"

No trace of right wing policies."

I mean, you mentioned a few there. What even more right wing policies would you have envisioned them putting in?

By *aribbean King 1985Man
2 days ago

South West London

Tories will be back and I may vote for them if they friggin get their acts together and be actual Tories

By *oo hotCouple
2 days ago

North West

"Tories will be back and I may vote for them if they friggin get their acts together and be actual Tories"

What does an actual Tory look like in your book?

By *mateur100Man
2 days ago

nr faversham

"Tories will be back and I may vote for them if they friggin get their acts together and be actual Tories

What does an actual Tory look like in your book? "

I'm a Tory... Go for it

By *ripfillMan
2 days ago

havant

Delighted the crooked self seeking, money grabbing ,money wasters. Lie tellers, rule braking, etc are out of office …

Sadly the labour part have inherited massive debt with broken systems

And the worse water pollution ever

So tories you can

“ fuck off and the Fuck right off “

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
1 day ago

Gilfach

"And the worse water pollution ever"

We don't have the worst water pollution ever. It used to be much worse, but we can't prove that because no one was monitoring it until very recently.

Back in 2010, when the upgrade programme started, only 7% of sewage overflows were fitted with monitors to detect overspills. Last year we managed to get to 100% coverage.

What you are seeing isn't a massive rise in pollution, it's a massive rise in the monitoring of the water companies.

By *irldnCouple
21 hours ago

Brighton

"We don't have the worst water pollution ever. It used to be much worse, but we can't prove that because no one was monitoring it until very recently."

How do you know that is true then?

Increased monitoring and detecting does not automatically mean it used to be worse. How do you know and evidence that?

By *hrill CollinsMan
19 hours ago

The Outer Rim

"We don't have the worst water pollution ever. It used to be much worse, but we can't prove that because no one was monitoring it until very recently.

Increased monitoring and detecting does not automatically mean it used to be worse. How do you know and evidence that?"

good point well made

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
18 hours ago

Gilfach

"We don't have the worst water pollution ever. It used to be much worse, but we can't prove that because no one was monitoring it until very recently."

"How do you know that is true then?

Increased monitoring and detecting does not automatically mean it used to be worse. How do you know and evidence that?"

I personally know what it used to be like off Blackpool in the 80s, and how much it has improved after the massive new treatment works was built, and the outflow pipe was lengthened by a mile.

If you have no evidence of your own, just look at the list of blue flag beaches, and how the number has grown over recent years.

By *hrill CollinsMan
18 hours ago

The Outer Rim

so it improved since the 80's according to your memory ..... however if we are applying memory as a metric, then it has clearly worsened over the last fifteen years

By *irldnCouple
17 hours ago

Brighton

"We don't have the worst water pollution ever. It used to be much worse, but we can't prove that because no one was monitoring it until very recently.

Increased monitoring and detecting does not automatically mean it used to be worse. How do you know and evidence that?

I personally know what it used to be like off Blackpool in the 80s, and how much it has improved after the massive new treatment works was built, and the outflow pipe was lengthened by a mile.

If you have no evidence of your own, just look at the list of blue flag beaches, and how the number has grown over recent years."

Not saying you are wrong but does that now mean anecdotal evidence from a sample of one is now proof?

All I know is while things may have got better over time (as they should have done if we were to believe the advocates of privatisation) then in the more recent pass that definitely turned the other way and has gotten worse! Lived in Brighton area over 10 years and only had shit in the sea in last couple.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
10 hours ago

Gilfach

"Not saying you are wrong but does that now mean anecdotal evidence from a sample of one is now proof?"

Absolutely not, but someone asked how I know, and that was how I know.

If you want real evidence, go look at the blue flag beaches, as I said above.

"All I know is while things may have got better over time (as they should have done if we were to believe the advocates of privatisation) then in the more recent pass that definitely turned the other way and has gotten worse! Lived in Brighton area over 10 years and only had shit in the sea in last couple."

That's interesting. I've not previously found anyone that has personal experience of things getting worse. Everyone else I've spoken to about it has just assumed that things are getting worse, based on the increasing numbers of overspill events, and the shoddy media reporting of those figures.

Post new Message to Thread