Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Politics

Andrew neil

Jump to newest

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?"
no.

By *otMe66Man
2 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?"

You guys over the border like to control the hate, what do you think? Put him on trial if he ever steps foot in Scotland, maybe?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Looking at the image it looks more like a suggestion that the previous three SNP leaders have hung themselves out to dry perhaps on their ideology that only independence matters..

And Swinney is about to do the same..

Yes I know what they stand for but they are the government for all and in some areas of public policy they are not delivering for all..

Add in the ferries mess, the embezzlement etc and maybe that's what the image is about..?

By *igNick1381Man
2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Should be commended for good ideas

A few more politicians deserve the treatment and it could be a good message to others that the general populace are sick of the corruption

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crime

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crime"
RT a cartoon in a national paper.

Why the anger at him not the Times ?

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"Looking at the image it looks more like a suggestion that the previous three SNP leaders have hung themselves out to dry perhaps on their ideology that only independence matters..

Yes I know what they stand for but they are the government for all and in some areas of public policy they are not delivering for all..

Add in the ferries mess, the embezzlement etc and maybe that's what the image is about..?"

Lol perhaps their ideology that only independence matters is the biggest copout ive heard in a long time, you say ferries mess and embezzlement,who by and did your goverment not give millions to a ferry company with no ferries ? Now thats what you call a mess

By *astandFeistyCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crime"

He's also your king, whether you like that our not

As someone else asked, why the anger at him sharing instead of the people who actually published the original?

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?

A few more politicians deserve the treatment and it could be a good message to others that the general populace are sick of the corruption "

What does that have to do with the post

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crime

As someone else asked, why the anger at him sharing instead of the people who actually published the original?"

See thats where your wrong ,hes not my king,i have not seen the original article thats why i mentioned neil

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crimeRT a cartoon in a national paper.

"

ive not seen the article in the times

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?no. "

And why not

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crimeRT a cartoon in a national paper.

ive not seen the article in the times"

it's the cartoon AFAIK not an article.

By *astandFeistyCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"I think and hope he is charged with hate crime,if another person was to publish and share about your king his wife and william being hung pretty sure alot would be shouting about hate crime

As someone else asked, why the anger at him sharing instead of the people who actually published the original?

See thats where your wrong ,hes not my king,i have not seen the original article thats why i mentioned neil"

He definitely is your king, cry about it.

You referenced The Times in the OP so whether you seen it or not, you know it was The Times.

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?no.

And why not"

RT a cartoon isn't a crime.

Even under the Scottish law it's not being used to incite hatred. And I don't think politcal beliefs fall under this anyway.

What hate crime or indeed incident do you thing has been committed ?

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

See thats where your wrong ,hes not my king,i have not seen the original article thats why i mentioned neil

You referenced The Times in the OP so whether you seen it or not, you know it was The Times. "

Prove hes my king? You cant

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

ive not seen the article in the timesit's the cartoon AFAIK not an article. "

ok well i dont read the times

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

ive not seen the article in the timesit's the cartoon AFAIK not an article. ok well i dont read the times"

nor do I. But I can recognise a cartoon. They tend to be standalone.

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?no.

And why notRT a cartoon isn't a crime.

Even under the Scottish law it's not being used to incite hatred. And I don't think politcal beliefs fall under this anyway.

What hate crime or indeed incident do you thing has been committed ? "

I beleive it is a crime ,andinsinuates that scottish leaders should be hanged,thats the way i see it

By *astandFeistyCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

You referenced The Times in the OP so whether you seen it or not, you know it was The Times.

Prove hes my king? You cant "

I don't need to prove it. You live in a country where he is king, ergo, he's your king.

I don't know your nationality but I assume Scottish, again, ergo, he's your king.

You can deny it, but you can't change it.

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I beleive it is a crime ,andinsinuates that scottish leaders should be hanged,thats the way i see it"

but what crime ?

I'd not read it that way by a long shot. It's more they hang themselves.

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

ive not seen the article in the timesit's the cartoon AFAIK not an article. ok well i dont read the timesnor do I. But I can recognise a cartoon. They tend to be standalone. "

so if another paper shows a cartoon of your king his queen and william being hanged ,thats ok then

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

I beleive it is a crime ,andinsinuates that scottish leaders should be hanged,thats the way i see itbut what crime ?

I'd not read it that way by a long shot. It's more they hang themselves. "

a hate crime saying scottish leaders should be hanged,aye they hang themselves lol

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

I don't need to prove it. You live in a country where he is king, ergo, he's your king.

I don't know your nationality but I assume Scottish, again, ergo, he's your king.

You can deny it, but you can't change it. "

You got 1 part right and you dont know my nationality i am,so il say it again hes not my king

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I beleive it is a crime ,andinsinuates that scottish leaders should be hanged,thats the way i see itbut what crime ?

I'd not read it that way by a long shot. It's more they hang themselves. a hate crime saying scottish leaders should be hanged,aye they hang themselves lol"

but what crime ? As far as I can see no law supports your assertion. You can't just say stuff is a crime.

Maybe the idea of "hanging oneself" when you self-destructive isn't used in Scotland.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

If it was a cartoon posted by a Jew depicting three Arabs hanging

Or posted by an Arab showing three Jews hanging

It would be a crime

So showing three snp Scot’s hanging, is a crime too

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"If it was a cartoon posted by a Jew depicting three Arabs hanging

It would be a crime

So showing three snp Scot’s hanging, is a crime too "

context matters surely ?

Can someone who sees this as a crime explain what they think the cartoonist was saying ?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

It would be a crime

So showing three snp Scot’s hanging, is a crime too context matters surely ?

Can someone who sees this as a crime explain what they think the cartoonist was saying ? "

Or a cartoon showing three members of the royal family hanging would be treason, in any context ?

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It would be a crime

Can someone who sees this as a crime explain what they think the cartoonist was saying ?

Or a cartoon showing three members of the royal family hanging would be treason, in any context ? "

I don't think it would be, no.

Again, what was the cartoonist trying to say ?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
2 weeks ago

nearby

It would be a crime

Or a cartoon showing three members of the royal family hanging would be treason, in any context ? I don't think it would be, no.

Again, what was the cartoonist trying to say ? "

The four pictured should be hung. Nothing else in the image to confuse was is meant.

By *AFKA HovisMan
2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It would be a crime

Or a cartoon showing three members of the royal family hanging would be treason, in any context ? I don't think it would be, no.

Again, what was the cartoonist trying to say ?

The four pictured should be hung. Nothing else in the image to confuse was is meant. "

what was the continuity candidate bit about ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
2 weeks ago

Central

He's fairly grotesque. He's extremely biased and a disgrace to impartial journalism. The ire is directed in the wrong direction

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Looking at the image it looks more like a suggestion that the previous three SNP leaders have hung themselves out to dry perhaps on their ideology that only independence matters..

Add in the ferries mess, the embezzlement etc and maybe that's what the image is about..?

Lol perhaps their ideology that only independence matters is the biggest copout ive heard in a long time, you say ferries mess and embezzlement,who by and did your goverment not give millions to a ferry company with no ferries ? Now thats what you call a mess"

All governments fuck up, big IT projects, fire service regional control centres, PFI, PPE etc etc..

No one's excusing them so why are you so defensive?

Head in the sand clones who nod and never question, fuck that shit..

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

You referenced The Times in the OP so whether you seen it or not, you know it was The Times. "

This..

It's almost like the OP wants to concentrate his angst on Neil..

Wonder why?

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

I'd not read it that way by a long shot. It's more they hang themselves. a hate crime saying scottish leaders should be hanged,aye they hang themselves lolbut what crime ? As far as I can see no law supports your assertion. You can't just say stuff is a crime.

Maybe the idea of "hanging oneself" when you self-destructive isn't used in Scotland.

"

a hate crime insinuating scots leaders should be hanged

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

It would be a crime

So showing three snp Scot’s hanging, is a crime too "

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

It would be a crime

That scots leaders should be hanged

Can someone who sees this as a crime explain what they think the cartoonist was saying ? "

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

Lol perhaps their ideology that only independence matters is the biggest copout ive heard in a long time, you say ferries mess and embezzlement,who by and did your goverment not give millions to a ferry company with no ferries ? Now thats what you call a mess

All governments fuck up, big IT projects, fire service regional control centres, PFI, PPE etc etc..

No one's excusing them so why are you so defensive?

Head in the sand clones who nod and never question, fuck that shit.."

yes all govs do fuck up ,and i brought to your attention a contract to a ferry company with no ferries just incase you forgot about that lol,and you never said who embezzled what?

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

This..

Wonder why?"

ive answered above

By *astandFeistyCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

You got 1 part right and you dont know my nationality i am,so il say it again hes not my king "

You keep telling yourself that luvvy

2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

This..

Wonder why?ive answered above"

No you haven't..

You've ducked the question several times over why not be outraged by the origin of what Neil tagged or whatever he did..

Now you've been brought up to speed on the facts of who printed said image is your faux outrage at them, The Times..?

By *illi3736Woman
2 weeks ago

Glasgow

I think our Ayrshire friends have a massive victim mentality it shows in most of their posts.

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

This..

Wonder why?ive answered above

No you haven't..

You've ducked the question several times over why not be outraged by the origin of what Neil tagged or whatever he did..

Now you've been brought up to speed on the facts of who printed said image is your faux outrage at them, The Times..?"

Just for you ,never seen it in the times and thats why i never mentioned neil, and if i ever see it in the times il mention them but thats very unlikely

By *oversfun OP   Couple
2 weeks ago

ayrshire

You got 1 part right and you dont know my nationality i am,so il say it again hes not my king

You keep telling yourself that luvvy "

Why would i want to keep telling myself that ? When i already know

By *ornucopiaMan
2 weeks ago

Bexley

"

Prove hes my king? You cant "

..not come across that pronunciation before!

By *hyman1968Man
2 weeks ago

Inverness

Sorry not my king or queen either.The Scottish people are sovereign,that's why there is different oaths,the Scottish claim of rights is interesting and is worth a read. Just to clarify I am not anti English but very much anti Westminster and this is certainly not a union of equals.

By *idnight RamblerMan
2 weeks ago

Pershore

Being hanged was a bit harsh. Maybe more appropriate would be a cartoon of the trio peering out from behind prison bars or perhaps with their fingers in the SNP cash till?

By *orses and PoniesMan
2 weeks ago

Ealing

. Numerous politicians have comments made about them. This is a cartoon . Would you like to see those who made nasty comments about Sue Braverman ,Jacob Rees Mobb or Margaret Thatcher hung.

I am guessing that you are only pious and self righteous and self righteous when it comes to the SNP , otherwise anything goes. .

By *astandFeistyCouple
2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Sorry not my king or queen either.The Scottish people are sovereign,that's why there is different oaths,the Scottish claim of rights is interesting and is worth a read. Just to clarify I am not anti English but very much anti Westminster and this is certainly not a union of equals."

I seem to remember Charles receiving thr Honours Of Scotland in Edinburgh not so long ago.

As I said to our West Of Scotland friend, he's your king whether you like it or not.

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"Sorry not my king or queen either.The Scottish people are sovereign,that's why there is different oaths,the Scottish claim of rights is interesting and is worth a read. Just to clarify I am not anti English but very much anti Westminster and this is certainly not a union of equals."

Sorry you are incorrect and are conflating Government with Kingdom. Ask the Aussie’s, Kiwi’s and Canadians.

HRH Prince Charles became King Charles III. In Scotland, he is King of Scots, the title inherited from James VI of Scots when he also became James I of England in 1603.

Upon accession to the English throne, he styled himself "King of Great Britain" and was so proclaimed. Legally, however, he and his successors held separate English and Scottish kingships until the Act of Union of 1707, when the two kingdoms were united as the Kingdom of Great Britain.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
2 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Context and humour, two things folk overlook these days.

By *hyman1968Man
2 weeks ago

Inverness

I well aware of the unions and I do know the difference thanks.Did you have a wee read about The claim of rights Scotland?

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"I well aware of the unions and I do know the difference thanks.Did you have a wee read about The claim of rights Scotland?"

If you don’t reply+quote we don’t know who you are talking to?

BTW if you are Scottish then Charles is your King regardless of what you say!

By *atEvolutionCouple
2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Andrew Neil seems to be turning into a sour, grumpy old man:

"Having seen the parade of puffed-up poltroons at last night’s Met Gala in NYC I’m beginning to think it a pity these pro-Palestinian demonstrators didn’t manage to break through NYPD lines and cause a bit of chaos among the strutting toplofty punchinellos. Would have been amusing watching these solipsistic scarecrows in their absurd “regardez-moi!” outfits trying to cope with a dose of reality."

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"Andrew Neil seems to be turning into a sour, grumpy old man:

"Having seen the parade of puffed-up poltroons at last night’s Met Gala in NYC I’m beginning to think it a pity these pro-Palestinian demonstrators didn’t manage to break through NYPD lines and cause a bit of chaos among the strutting toplofty punchinellos. Would have been amusing watching these solipsistic scarecrows in their absurd “regardez-moi!” outfits trying to cope with a dose of reality."

"

Gotta love a thesaurus!

By *ornucopiaMan
2 weeks ago

Bexley

"

"

If only it was that simple. Frequently the historical quoted text gets added to by different parties, with no obvious source acknowledgement.

That is probably the biggest design fault on this site.

I always try to edit quotes to only what is relevant to my reply and, as you will see, I frequently use ellipses (...) to signify that irrelevant material has been acknowled but omitted.

If only everyone could try and do something similar,until the site works out a way of indicating Just who said what and when.

God save our mutual King. Poor blighter probably needs God's intervention.

By *hyman1968Man
2 weeks ago

Inverness

"I well aware of the unions and I do know the difference thanks.Did you have a wee read about The claim of rights Scotland?

BTW if you are Scottish then Charles is your King regardless of what you say!"

I have nothing against Charles i don't see him as my king,my opinion ,yes he is King of Scots but not King of Scotland as the Scottish people are sovereign,thats why the oaths are different and would be inappropriate for him to put the Scottish crown on his head. I'm not looking for argument btw

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

"I well aware of the unions and I do know the difference thanks.Did you have a wee read about The claim of rights Scotland?

BTW if you are Scottish then Charles is your King regardless of what you say!I have nothing against Charles i don't see him as my king,my opinion ,yes he is King of Scots but not King of Scotland as the Scottish people are sovereign,thats why the oaths are different and would be inappropriate for him to put the Scottish crown on his head. I'm not looking for argument btw"

Opinions aren’t facts though. The claim of rights is basically a limiting of absolute power of the monarch and precedence of the Scottish Parliament in matters pertaining to Scotland. But that doesn’t stop Charles being King of the Scots.

Now YOU may not class him as YOUR king (and I have sympathy with that view) but until Scotland severs itself from the Union and declares itself to be a republic, he is THE king.

By *oxychick35Couple
2 weeks ago

thornaby

BTW if you are Scottish then Charles is your King regardless of what you say!I have nothing against Charles i don't see him as my king,my opinion ,yes he is King of Scots but not King of Scotland as the Scottish people are sovereign,thats why the oaths are different and would be inappropriate for him to put the Scottish crown on his head. I'm not looking for argument btw

Opinions aren’t facts though. The claim of rights is basically a limiting of absolute power of the monarch and precedence of the Scottish Parliament in matters pertaining to Scotland. But that doesn’t stop Charles being King of the Scots.

Now YOU may not class him as YOUR king (and I have sympathy with that view) but until Scotland severs itself from the Union and declares itself to be a republic, he is THE king."

that will be the day lol

By *hyman1968Man
2 weeks ago

Inverness

I have acknowledged he is King of Scots but the fact is he is not King of Scotland that's my point.

BTW if you are Scottish then Charles is your King regardless of what you say!I have nothing against Charles i don't see him as my king,my opinion ,yes he is King of Scots but not King of Scotland as the Scottish people are sovereign,thats why the oaths are different and would be inappropriate for him to put the Scottish crown on his head. I'm not looking for argument btw

Now YOU may not class him as YOUR king (and I have sympathy with that view) but until Scotland severs itself from the Union and declares itself to be a republic, he is THE king."

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

I have acknowledged he is King of Scots but the fact is he is not King of Scotland that's my point.

Thanks for reposting but I didn’t see any bew content?

By *irldnCouple
2 weeks ago

Brighton

*new

By *erri_kissesTV/TS
1 week ago

Islington

"He has shared a catoon pic from the times showing 3 ex snp leaders being hanged,should he be charged with a hate crime?

A few more politicians deserve the treatment and it could be a good message to others that the general populace are sick of the corruption "

I mean, political cartoons have only been going a few centuries or so…

By *oxychick35Couple
1 week ago

thornaby

A few more politicians deserve the treatment and it could be a good message to others that the general populace are sick of the corruption

"

and still there’s lunatics who get offended lol

By *wosmilersCouple
1 week ago

Heathrowish

"

Love it, nearly spat my porridge and sanatogen out....pmsl

By *llie37555Man
3 days ago

Market Drayton

No, even if some find it outrageous.

I think of the cartoon depicting the former Home Secretary as a bull complete with horns and a ring through her nose - in the religion Priti follows, cows/bulls are sacred.

Can you imagine depicting a Muslim MP as a pig? It would rightly cause outrage in many. Another cartoon I believe showed Boris off to Hell in a handcart - very offensive to Christians.

But should any of this kind of thing be a criminal offence in an open, liberal, free-speech society?

Never in a million years

Post new Message to Thread