Leigh

The world has gone completely mad.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"The world has gone completely mad."

Well the world hasn't gone mad has it?

People voiced a concern that Waitrose feel was valid and they've reacted accordingly.

Where's the madness in that?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you shop at Waitrose ??

By *exy_Horny OP   Couple
over a year ago

Leigh

"The world has gone completely mad.

Do you shop at Waitrose ??"

No.

By *irldnCouple
over a year ago

Brighton

What was the advert and why were people upset?

over a year ago

Leigh

Well the world hasn't gone mad has it?

People voiced a concern that Waitrose feel was valid and they've reacted accordingly.

Where's the madness in that?"

The vociferous minority of killjoys want to stop anything they don't agree with.

Companies are now so wet that they can't be seen to be offending anyone.

The world has gone completely mad.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"What was the advert and why were people upset?"

Its 2 farmers comparing sunburn (I have no idea of the context) and a skin cancer charity and various people who've had skin cancer have suggested this possibly isn't overly responsible.

Obviously this is woke liberal cancel culture at it's absolute worst because obviously people should have free choice to get sunburnt and risk skin cancer

over a year ago

Leigh

"What was the advert and why were people upset?"

Usual rubbish Christmas ad.

Showcased farmers in a jovial way. Two of them were comparing suntans on their arms.

Killjoys jumped on it as promoting unhealthy sun exposure. Waitrose has re-edited it.

No mention of the harms of eating unhealthy food and drinking alcohol at Christmas, maybe we should complain about all the adverts and get them all banned?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"What was the advert and why were people upset?

Showcased farmers in a jovial way. Two of them were comparing suntans on their arms.

Killjoys jumped on it as promoting unhealthy sun exposure. Waitrose has re-edited it.

No mention of the harms of eating unhealthy food and drinking alcohol at Christmas, maybe we should complain about all the adverts and get them all banned?

"

Do alcohol adverts show people absolutely hammered or do they suggest people drink responsibly?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Do they still sell gammon?

over a year ago

Leigh

Do alcohol adverts show people absolutely hammered or do they suggest people drink responsibly?

"

It looked like a deep tan from working outside to me. Also, they were responsible as they were wearing shirts.

BBC also says tan, not burn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63732117

over a year ago

"

Why don’t you complain about it ? I

over a year ago

Leigh

[Removed by poster at 23/11/22 14:25:11]

over a year ago

Leigh

Why don’t you complain about it ? I"

Because I am not a mad killjoy.

I think you missed the sarcasm in the post you replied to.

over a year ago

Why don’t you complain about it ? I

Because I am not a mad killjoy.

I think you missed the sarcasm in the post you replied to."

But you started a thread on here to complain about some body complaining?

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

No."

who can afford to shop a Waitrose?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Tans contribute to skin cancer.

Is "fun" more important than health? The precious resources of the NHS, and/or the working potential of the population?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"

Killjoys

killjoy.

"

In fairless I'm not sure there was "joy" in the advert to "kill".

A supermarket edited an advert. Doesn't seem worth getting excited over.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

No.

who can afford to shop a Waitrose? "

Tories.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

These are the people who are sure their point of view is so important and ultimately correct, so much so they love to impose their way of thinking on others. Especially those who are so stupid and in need of protection from the world they know nothing about.

I’m glad they’re about, I could have had many a nasty ending if it wasn’t for their diligent actions in closing down so many of those light hearted 30 second adverts.

They’re literally saving us stupid people from certain death, they’re next league civil guardians, bravo and thank you.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"These are the people who are sure their point of view is so important and ultimately correct, so much so they love to impose their way of thinking on others. Especially those who are so stupid and in need of protection from the world they know nothing about.

I’m glad they’re about, I could have had many a nasty ending if it wasn’t for their diligent actions in closing down so many of those light hearted 30 second adverts.

They’re literally saving us stupid people from certain death, they’re next league civil guardians, bravo and thank you.

"

Are you referring to people who complained about the advert, or people who complained about the people who complained about the advert?

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

People affected by skin cancer are going to be passionate about this. You can understand why theyd raise concerns.

Waitrose will always play safe than die on this hill.

People getting upset that a company makes a sensible commercial decision in light of people raising concerns... Well those are the people I struggle to empathise with.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 23/11/22 17:43:24]

By *ustintime69Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Waitrose are so woke!

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"These are the people who are sure their point of view is so important and ultimately correct, so much so they love to impose their way of thinking on others. Especially those who are so stupid and in need of protection from the world they know nothing about.

Are you referring to people who complained about the advert, or people who complained about the people who complained about the advert?"

Referring to all those people who are looking out for us stupid people who don’t recognise the dangers life can throw at us.

Sterling work they do.

I’m looking forward to living in a safe and totally sterile environment in the not to distant future, where we can all collectively feel safe and think correctly. I’m also looking forward to the end of comedy, and getting to a point in my life when I can recognise the effect of any man made event on any individual. Life is getting better under the dictatorship of the civil guardians

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Are you referring to people who complained about the advert, or people who complained about the people who complained about the advert?

Referring to all those people who are looking out for us stupid people who don’t recognise the dangers life can throw at us.

Sterling work they do.

I’m looking forward to living in a safe and totally sterile environment in the not to distant future, where we can all collectively feel safe and think correctly. I’m also looking forward to the end of comedy, and getting to a point in my life when I can recognise the effect of any man made event on any individual. Life is getting better under the dictatorship of the civil guardians "

You need to be kept safe from people who complain about TV ads. Or you need to be kept safe from TV ads?

over a year ago

Why don’t you complain about it ? I"

over a year ago

Could people who complain about this sort of thing be classed as snowflakes?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I'm pretty sure that anybody who can get worked up enough about edits made to tv adverts, to start ranting about them on a swingers forum, should definitely be classed as a snowflake.

By *eroy1000Man
over a year ago

milton keynes

Those involved in producing the holiday adverts that usually hit straight after Christmas may be rethinking their plans with this in mind

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai

Its 2 farmers comparing sunburn (I have no idea of the context) and a skin cancer charity and various people who've had skin cancer have suggested this possibly isn't overly responsible.

Obviously this is woke liberal cancel culture at it's absolute worst because obviously people should have free choice to get sunburnt and risk skin cancer "

Or maybe the company reflected and agreed they made a mistake.

People are free to get sunburn yes. But the shareholders of a listed company wouldn’t it marketing that kind of libertarianism , it’s goes right against corporate responsibility

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

Yes it has. Grow up

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Sterling work they do.

I’m looking forward to living in a safe and totally sterile environment in the not to distant future, where we can all collectively feel safe and think correctly. I’m also looking forward to the end of comedy, and getting to a point in my life when I can recognise the effect of any man made event on any individual. Life is getting better under the dictatorship of the civil guardians

You need to be kept safe from people who complain about TV ads. Or you need to be kept safe from TV ads?"

I have no idea, I rely on those who know better

By *rDiscretionXXXMan
over a year ago

Gilfach

"who can afford to shop a Waitrose? "

I used to live in a town which had a Waitrose and a Co-Op next to each other. For our main weekly shop we went to Waitrose, because it was cheaper than Co-Op.

over a year ago

Leigh

Based on the number of people who have defended this example of the insidious cancel culture censorship which pervades our society, my original statement is correct.

The world (or at least this country) has gone completely mad.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Based on the number of people who have defended this example of the insidious cancel culture censorship which pervades our society, my original statement is correct.

The world (or at least this country) has gone completely mad."

Ok

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Have you seen the New Jet2 advert? They're all wearing duffell coats, balaclavas, not using the pool in case of accidentally drowning and the happy hour cocktails are now mocktails and it only lasts two minutes.

The futures bright....grey.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

"Based on the number of people who have defended this example of the insidious cancel culture censorship which pervades our society, my original statement is correct.

The world (or at least this country) has gone completely mad."

Waitrose edited a TV ad.

Maybe this isn't the end of civilization as we know it.

over a year ago

Waitrose edited a TV ad.

Maybe this isn't the end of civilization as we know it. "

Covid

Climate change

War in Ukraine

And now Waitrose editing an advert, we are doomed

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan
over a year ago

golden fields

Waitrose edited a TV ad.

Covid

Climate change

War in Ukraine

And now Waitrose editing an advert, we are doomed "

Is there any update on this top issue? Has civilisation collapsed?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Waitrose edited a TV ad.

Covid

Climate change

War in Ukraine

And now Waitrose editing an advert, we are doomed "

dooooomed

Post new Message to Thread