Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Corona a Notifiable Disease

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I heard that Corona has been added to the list of notifiable diseases. One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona. Some good news at last

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That is very good news . Hope we follow suit.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

You're obsessed you really are

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're obsessed you really are "

So why are you looking?

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Obsession.... Calvin Klein ... not known to kill the virus though

Reply privately

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"You're obsessed you really are

So why are you looking? "

Because we can. The forums can serve for amusement, entertainment & information. People take different things from the various posts. One persons information is another's amusement.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So why are you looking?

Because we can. The forums can serve for amusement, entertainment & information. People take different things from the various posts. One persons information is another's amusement. "

Like a troll?

Reply privately

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Obsession.... Calvin Klein ... not known to kill the virus though"

but ...have you met someone with the virus and sprayesomeoneto test this it might work

Reply privately

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"That is very good news . Hope we follow suit."
I wonder if you would get sick pay if you had to self quarentine for 2 weeks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I heard that Corona has been added to the list of notifiable diseases. One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona. Some good news at last "

The beer? WAIT if i get pissed and and cant get to work the following day my company can claim it back??

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"That is very good news . Hope we follow suit.I wonder if you would get sick pay if you had to self quarentine for 2 weeks"

Personally, and no this isn't an "I'm alright Jack" comment, I can work from home easily so self isolation would have less of an impact

I think it would hurt more people in service type industries such as retail or teaching or policing or health (ironically)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That is very good news . Hope we follow suit.I wonder if you would get sick pay if you had to self quarentine for 2 weeks"

Self quarantine no, told to quarantine then yes you would get sick pay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a trap....

Reply privately

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

I can see the Ambulance chasers cashing in on this.

Loss of earnings and such like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm so scared i've hidden my profile

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... i think we can officially say its here

cases up 34 from yesterday up now to 85....

so... you all ready for the 14 day staycation.....

Reply privately

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"I can see the Ambulance chasers cashing in on this.

Loss of earnings and such like."

"Have you had a virus that wasn't your fault?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope I get it

2 week off work sounds like heaven

Reply privately

over a year ago

so many thinking of themselves rather than the elderly or ill heath ... typical ignorant fuck everyone else types just dont care i guess ...oh until it affects them directly elderly / ill family then they cry wolf the loudest

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so many thinking of themselves rather than the elderly or ill heath ... typical ignorant fuck everyone else types just dont care i guess ...oh until it affects them directly elderly / ill family then they cry wolf the loudest "

exactly

WAKE UP PEOPLE'S

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope I get it

2 week off work sounds like heaven "

2 weeks off for someone who is self employed sounds like bankruptcy to me

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"so many thinking of themselves rather than the elderly or ill heath ... typical ignorant fuck everyone else types just dont care i guess ...oh until it affects them directly elderly / ill family then they cry wolf the loudest "

I'm of ill health. I take no offense or feeling of "fuck everyone else" to those making light of it, it is entirely possible I'll catch it and die. The majority of those joking do so to break the tension, their true life actions (for most not all) will be that of caution, very unlikely they will be going around trying to actively spread it.

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"okay... i think we can officially say its here

so... you all ready for the 14 day staycation....."

Sure thing .... Snuggie at the ready

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

My company has told us to book paid time from work if we have to quarantine.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Italy thinking of closing every school and college in the land...

Two universities have cancelled graduations and London book faire cancelled..

Mark my words...this is getting serious now folks

Reply privately

By *rumguy1980Man
over a year ago

stechford

Obsession.... Calvin Klein ... not known to kill the virus though"

Although the bottle might

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"I hope I get it

2 weeks off for someone who is self employed sounds like bankruptcy to me "

Im sure the government will tell money lenders to pause repayments for a few months...... yeah right!! Lol

Reply privately

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

I know some of you may say this is bad taste. Yes I know its serious.It's not an I'm alright Jack.I do care about elderly and poorly folk and children... but as someone recently pointed out ... people can post and read what they like!

But I am sharing because this made me chuckle...

I went into Boots the other day and asked the assistant " what gets rid of Corona virus "

" Ammonia cleaner " she responded.

I said " sorry love,thought you worked here ! "

Reply privately

By *erfectlyPervertedCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona."

I believe that it is an intention, rather than fact, at this time.

COVID-19 was declared a notifiable disease in Scotland on 22 February.

I suspect that any compensation for staff absence etc. will only become due if a sickness absence is supported by a positive laboratory test for the virus.

SS

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope I get it

Thats not my problem

Reply privately

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I hope I get it

This^^^ self employed here (contact with several people daily) What's sick pay . Also a full time career for family member and I have children. Not going to lie I wasnt that fussed at first but now it's more local I am getting concerned.

Reply privately

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

As a prime candidate to get this virus, 80 yr old and with a worsening heart condition I certainly will not be spreading doom and gloom,but I do have a wartime gas mask which should keep the virus at bay.

Lets us look on the bright side Population of U.K. 66.44 million and we have 85 notified cases of which 12 have now been given the all clear,

Reply privately

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan
over a year ago

Co.Antrim

Corona Tom

Reply privately

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan
over a year ago

Co.Antrim

"I hope I get it

Im sure the government will tell money lenders to pause repayments for a few months...... yeah right!! Lol "

I’ve been getting YouTube Ads about stocks and shares and how to take advantage of the detriment Coronavirus is having on economics and personal finances lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That is very good news . Hope we follow suit.I wonder if you would get sick pay if you had to self quarentine for 2 weeks

Self quarantine no, told to quarantine then yes you would get sick pay. "

Not if you're self-employed as millions are though.

Reply privately

By *hatcuriouscat2018Man
over a year ago

Derby

Totally agree, good job this wasn't the national attitude in the 1930s/40s !

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We were told today that was only get ssp if we went sick and only after 3 days. Tight cunts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know some of you may say this is bad taste. Yes I know its serious.It's not an I'm alright Jack.I do care about elderly and poorly folk and children... but as someone recently pointed out ... people can post and read what they like!

But I am sharing because this made me chuckle...

I went into Boots the other day and asked the assistant " what gets rid of Corona virus "

" Ammonia cleaner " she responded.

I said " sorry love,thought you worked here ! ""

Laughed far too much at this Pmsl

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I don't think that's it at all, I think people are just getting on with life and taking sensible precautions.

Reply privately

By *hatcuriouscat2018Man
over a year ago

Derby

"I hope I get it

This^^^ self employed here (contact with several people daily) What's sick pay . Also a full time career for family member and I have children. Not going to lie I wasnt that fussed at first but now it's more local I am getting concerned."

No surprise that we self employed take the least time off sick (and local authority employees take the most time off)

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"We were told today that was only get ssp if we went sick and only after 3 days. Tight cunts.

"

Pm said government would cover ssp from day one

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 16:47:58]

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I hope I get it

This^^^ self employed here (contact with several people daily) What's sick pay . Also a full time career for family member and I have children. Not going to lie I wasnt that fussed at first but now it's more local I am getting concerned.

No surprise that we self employed take the least time off sick (and local authority employees take the most time off)"

I'm not self employed and don't get sick pay!!

Reply privately

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

"so many thinking of themselves rather than the elderly or ill heath ... typical ignorant fuck everyone else types just dont care i guess ...oh until it affects them directly elderly / ill family then they cry wolf the loudest

Totally agree, good job this wasn't the national attitude in the 1930s/40s !"

Reply privately

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

"I heard that Corona has been added to the list of notifiable diseases. One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona. Some good news at last "

Good news for who? certainly not for the insurance companies who will face substantial payouts if you predictions come true, and certainly not for Joe public who will be faced with vastly increased premiums across the board as the Insurance companies claw back what they have paid out.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"As a prime candidate to get this virus, 80 yr old and with a worsening heart condition I certainly will not be spreading doom and gloom,but I do have a wartime gas mask which should keep the virus at bay.

Lets us look on the bright side Population of U.K. 66.44 million and we have 85 notified cases of which 12 have now been given the all clear, "

One of my bug bears with the way it's being reported is they rarely say how many have been given the all clear after they announce the figures of those with the virus..

Hence people, well some may panic and only focus on that number in any case its not a balanced update of the situation..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I heard that Corona has been added to the list of notifiable diseases. One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona. Some good news at last

Good news for who? certainly not for the insurance companies who will face substantial payouts if you predictions come true, and certainly not for Joe public who will be faced with vastly increased premiums across the board as the Insurance companies claw back what they have paid out."

They will do but people need the assurance that they will receive some money if they are self isolating Lest many may have no choice but to carry on and possibly spread it further..

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"As a prime candidate to get this virus, 80 yr old and with a worsening heart condition I certainly will not be spreading doom and gloom,but I do have a wartime gas mask which should keep the virus at bay.

Lets us look on the bright side Population of U.K. 66.44 million and we have 85 notified cases of which 12 have now been given the all clear,

One of my bug bears with the way it's being reported is they rarely say how many have been given the all clear after they announce the figures of those with the virus..

Hence people, well some may panic and only focus on that number in any case its not a balanced update of the situation..

"

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Can be a bit slow to update but it's there.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I heard that Corona has been added to the list of notifiable diseases. One good thing about this is that companies who insure for staff absence can claim for staff absence due to Corona. Some good news at last

Good news for who? certainly not for the insurance companies who will face substantial payouts if you predictions come true, and certainly not for Joe public who will be faced with vastly increased premiums across the board as the Insurance companies claw back what they have paid out.

They will do but people need the assurance that they will receive some money if they are self isolating Lest many may have no choice but to carry on and possibly spread it further..

"

Human nature and not at its best

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Can be a bit slow to update but it's there. "

Thanks, I know the information is there yes my gripe is more with the likes of the beeb who don't give both figures in their bulletins..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Human nature and not at its best "

Or lose business etc, some people are on crap wages and are struggling weekly to get by..

Working people should not need to access food banks but that's another topic..

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Can be a bit slow to update but it's there.

Thanks, I know the information is there yes my gripe is more with the likes of the beeb who don't give both figures in their bulletins.. "

Indeed. It helps to balance it all out when you see recovered.

Reply privately

over a year ago

might die in the process!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's the constant being told to 'wake up' I find tad tiresome. I'm fully conscious. 'Mark my words'....eh? I think everybody is listening to experts. Just wished they had regarding other matters!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it's the constant being told to 'wake up' I find tad tiresome. I'm fully conscious. 'Mark my words'....eh? I think everybody is listening to experts. Just wished they had regarding other matters!"

It's this, plus a lack of what they would like us to do, that we are not currently doing. wake up, we need to do......what?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Damm you must not have much free time caring for all those old and sick people. World peace n all that

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I stopped at the services over the weekend and out of the six women in there, 4 left without washing their hands, one scared her fingers with the water and I washed mine as I always do ... vigorously and thoroughly. No, you can’t trust people to take sensible precautions. Mind you, those ladies might be the ones that have been bulk buying hand sanitizer so think they don’t need to wash their hands

Tom - I don’t think you’re obsessed. I would avoid the thread if it bothered me. It’s funny how some people that were dismissing it at the beginning have slightly changed their tune now.

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 18:21:20]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I work in temporary buildings, warehouses and such like, but the majority of work with events, especially large scale ones?

Amongst others I was on the build for Cheltenham Festival in which our role finished a few weeks ago. So far there's been 30% cancellations at local hotels and today the organisers are having a meeting about whether the thing can go ahead at all.

Given that the majority of of our work is geared around large groups of people willing to meet in one place, I fear the worst for this year work-wise tbf. It won't be so much a fortnight on the sick, but the huge majority of 6 months with precious little income that may become a very real possibility.

B

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I stopped at the services over the weekend and out of the six women in there, 4 left without washing their hands, one scared her fingers with the water and I washed mine as I always do ... vigorously and thoroughly. No, you can’t trust people to take sensible precautions. Mind you, those ladies might be the ones that have been bulk buying hand sanitizer so think they don’t need to wash their hands

Tom - I don’t think you’re obsessed. I would avoid the thread if it bothered me. It’s funny how some people that were dismissing it at the beginning have slightly changed their tune now.

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up. "

Yes, good to be concerned but not patronised...

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I stopped at the services over the weekend and out of the six women in there, 4 left without washing their hands, one scared her fingers with the water and I washed mine as I always do ... vigorously and thoroughly. No, you can’t trust people to take sensible precautions. Mind you, those ladies might be the ones that have been bulk buying hand sanitizer so think they don’t need to wash their hands

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up.

Yes, good to be concerned but not patronised..."

Who has been patronising?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who has been patronising? "

'Wake up'.....just ever so slightly patronising

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

'Wake up'.....just ever so slightly patronising"

I’m sure it was just an ‘in the moment’ comment. There are a lot of those on here. But I suppose we all read things differently.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m sure it was just an ‘in the moment’ comment. There are a lot of those on here. But I suppose we all read things differently. "

Certainly true the first or even the second time. Not what feels like the 200th time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I work in temporary buildings, warehouses and such like, but the majority of work with events, especially large scale ones?

Amongst others I was on the build for Cheltenham Festival in which our role finished a few weeks ago. So far there's been 30% cancellations at local hotels and today the organisers are having a meeting about whether the thing can go ahead at all.

Given that the majority of of our work is geared around large groups of people willing to meet in one place, I fear the worst for this year work-wise tbf. It won't be so much a fortnight on the sick, but the huge majority of 6 months with precious little income that may become a very real possibility.

B"

Ironically enough I have no fears about the virus itself proving to be greatly damaging to me personally, if my immune system can knock whooping cough on the head a couple of weeks after birth when born 2 1/2 months premature I have little qualms about it being able to deal with this should I catch it.

However the wider possibilities of quarantines and separation knocking my income down by about 20 grand plus to precious little over the April to October period alone...Yes I worry about that more than a tad.

B

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m sure it was just an ‘in the moment’ comment. There are a lot of those on here. But I suppose we all read things differently.

Certainly true the first or even the second time. Not what feels like the 200th time "

Are you sure it was 200?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they do bring in these self quarentines Who is going to be the one to break the news to my dog that we aren't going for a walk, will break her little heart

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"If they do bring in these self quarentines Who is going to be the one to break the news to my dog that we aren't going for a walk, will break her little heart "

Everyone will have it, so everyone will be isolated which means nobody outside to catch it.

Always thinking!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If they do bring in these self quarentines Who is going to be the one to break the news to my dog that we aren't going for a walk, will break her little heart

Everyone will have it, so everyone will be isolated which means nobody outside to catch it.

Always thinking! "

Sounds ideal really just me out and about while everyone else is stuck indoors. I give always fancied driving down the m1 the wrong way or taking a motorbike round a shopping centre this could be fun well if I don't die that is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If they do bring in these self quarentines Who is going to be the one to break the news to my dog that we aren't going for a walk, will break her little heart "

Invest in a treadmill for the poor girl

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good news for who? certainly not for the insurance companies who will face substantial payouts if you predictions come true, and certainly not for Joe public who will be faced with vastly increased premiums across the board as the Insurance companies claw back what they have paid out."

Thought the point of insurance is about both parties taking the risk, those who provide, risk paying out and those who buy risk paying without using. There are those who risk choosing not to have insurance too. It's all russian roulette anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What are you lot on about. It's just a sniffle remember?

Where are all the experts from a few weeks ago who said this was "nothing to worry about"?

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"What are you lot on about. It's just a sniffle remember?

Where are all the experts from a few weeks ago who said this was "nothing to worry about"?"

nothings changed....

still nothing to worry about

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where are all the experts from a few weeks ago who said this was "nothing to worry about"?

nothings changed....

still nothing to worry about "

Yes I've noticed it hasn't affected our lives at all....

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Statuary sick pay is only £94.25 per week. This is a pittance and will cause some p[people into debt, especially those on agency books, who are notorious for paying the lowest wages possible.

Those fortunate enough to have proper jobs and employers who care about these things, will get full pay, whilst being sick, won't have to sacrifice any holiday entitlement to make ends meet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another way for us spending money is masks and gloves..but one thing its true wen the government says dont worrie everthing is ok its kinda scary.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

I’m concerned about it, because my grandmother is about to turn 92 and I know the elderly are often badly affected if they catch it. She thinks I’m fussing as I’ve been buying a couple of extra tinned food items for her when I shop. But if it’s in the community, she can’t shop herself and I just worry about one of us (her family) bringing the virus into her home.

Reply privately

By *oppolocosTV/TS
over a year ago

inverurie

Apparently only added after several businesses pointed out that they hadn't added it. Scottish Government did this weeks ago. Seems they "forgot"!

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

nothings changed....

still nothing to worry about "

I think there’s plenty of things to be concerned about, health, consequences on the economy, restricted movement, cancelled flights, spoilt holidays, larger class sizes, loss of earnings, dogs not being walked (see comment above ) and death of course. Even healthy people die of flu.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Be funny if the football season gets cancelled and Liverpool win fuck all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone Remember Corona pop? Every bubbles passed it's physical.

Had a craving for it recently just don't know why.

Reply privately

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Statuary sick pay is only £94.25 per week. This is a pittance and will cause some p[people into debt, especially those on agency books, who are notorious for paying the lowest wages possible.

Those fortunate enough to have proper jobs and employers who care about these things, will get full pay, whilst being sick, won't have to sacrifice any holiday entitlement to make ends meet."

Only if they earn in excess of £180 per week before tax. Not if they are self employed or on a zero hour contract. Boris did say that it would be from day 1 rather than after the usual statutory period.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

nothings changed....

I think there’s plenty of things to be concerned about, health, consequences on the economy, restricted movement, cancelled flights, spoilt holidays, larger class sizes, loss of earnings, dogs not being walked (see comment above ) and death of course. Even healthy people die of flu. "

.... and at this stage we are not even close to needing to worry about half of what the media are speculating and panicking us with .

it really is quite simple

Reply privately

over a year ago

nothings changed....

I think there’s plenty of things to be concerned about, health, consequences on the economy, restricted movement, cancelled flights, spoilt holidays, larger class sizes, loss of earnings, dogs not being walked (see comment above ) and death of course. Even healthy people die of flu. "

I first commented on this virus 6 weeks ago. I said that I thought the world was on the edge of a precipice.

Think about what the world knew about this virus 6 weeks ago.

I was told to take off my tin foil hat. Take off your face mask first

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

nothings changed....

I think there’s plenty of things to be concerned about, health, consequences on the economy, restricted movement, cancelled flights, spoilt holidays, larger class sizes, loss of earnings, dogs not being walked (see comment above ) and death of course. Even healthy people die of flu.

.... and at this stage we are not even close to needing to worry about half of what the media are speculating and panicking us with .

it really is quite simple "

I’m paying no attention to the media I’m not sure why people presume we are incapable of referring to the correct sites. .gov uk, World Health Organisation and the NHS is all I need.

I’m not panicking, I am concerned and I’m not naive enough to believe this is nothing.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Human nature and not at its best

Or lose business etc, some people are on crap wages and are struggling weekly to get by..

Working people should not need to access food banks but that's another topic.. "

Yes that is another topic

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

nothings changed....

I’m paying no attention to the media I’m not sure why people presume we are incapable of referring to the correct sites. .gov uk, World Health Organisation and the NHS is all I need.

I’m not panicking, I am concerned and I’m not naive enough to believe this is nothing. "

It is what it is and there is absolutely no point being concerned about aspects of the situation which you can not affect.

Reply privately

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"so many thinking of themselves rather than the elderly or ill heath ... typical ignorant fuck everyone else types just dont care i guess ...oh until it affects them directly elderly / ill family then they cry wolf the loudest

I'm of ill health. I take no offense or feeling of "fuck everyone else" to those making light of it, it is entirely possible I'll catch it and die. The majority of those joking do so to break the tension, their true life actions (for most not all) will be that of caution, very unlikely they will be going around trying to actively spread it. "

I won't lie, I kid about it. Partially due to me working in retail which is really high risk with cash etc being so contaminated. N works in a nursery too, so we are both in the firing line should it get too out of hand.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up. "

Babs you are so right. I flagged this early doors and the ones dissing my posts are the same ones now agreeing with me..

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

nothings changed....

I’m not panicking, I am concerned and I’m not naive enough to believe this is nothing.

It is what it is and there is absolutely no point being concerned about aspects of the situation which you can not affect.

"

You may feel that and that’s fine of course. I will continue to pay close attention to the correct information and remain concerned.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

My post of the year..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Where are all the experts from a few weeks ago who said this was "nothing to worry about"?"

They were self appointed experts MCNuts

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

nothings changed....

You may feel that and that’s fine of course. I will continue to pay close attention to the correct information and remain concerned. "

paying close attention to the correct information is exactly correct.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

nothings changed....

Yes I've noticed it hasn't affected our lives at all...."

It genuinely has not affected mine..

It may do in the future but not yet, nor has it I would surmise for the vast majority given the numbers thus far are low..

That's not to make light of those it has caused concern, ill health and the man who died who was on the cruise ship..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Statuary sick pay is only £94.25 per week. This is a pittance and will cause some p[people into debt, especially those on agency books, who are notorious for paying the lowest wages possible.

Those fortunate enough to have proper jobs and employers who care about these things, will get full pay, whilst being sick, won't have to sacrifice any holiday entitlement to make ends meet."

Hallelujah.. my point exactly..

Reply privately

over a year ago

My post of the year.. "

You're missing the point. Its not that people dont care if the elderly or high risk people become sick, it's that there was and still is nothing we as individuals can do to prevent it.

Other than quarantine potential sick people and prevent it spreading. And I remember some of your earlier posts complaining about quarantine and how the army might somehow have to use force on citizens to enforce it

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

nothings changed....

I first commented on this virus 6 weeks ago. I said that I thought the world was on the edge of a precipice.

Think about what the world knew about this virus 6 weeks ago.

I was told to take off my tin foil hat. Take off your face mask first "

As I was ... I told people to wake up.. they take the piss..

Quite frankly that was trolling on their part.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

My post of the year..

You're missing the point. Its not that people dont care if the elderly or high risk people become sick, it's that there was and still is nothing we as individuals can do to prevent it.

Other than quarantine potential sick people and prevent it spreading. And I remember some of your earlier posts complaining about quarantine and how the army might somehow have to use force on citizens to enforce it "

They still might..

Who else can? Please tell

Reply privately

over a year ago

Babs you are so right. I flagged this early doors and the ones dissing my posts are the same ones now agreeing with me.. "

I've never said anyone should panic but always thought that this issue is more important than people were willing to admit to.

I was initially concerned about the government's initial ambivalence but am pleasantly surprised by the degree of proactive measures being considered.

What I suspect will happen is that we may struggle to handle the sheer number of people affected. Who thinks it will be necessary to have volunteers who can do testing, support the poorly etc?

Reply privately

over a year ago

My post of the year..

Other than quarantine potential sick people and prevent it spreading. And I remember some of your earlier posts complaining about quarantine and how the army might somehow have to use force on citizens to enforce it

They still might..

Who else can? Please tell

"

But why does that worry you? I personally have no concern about the british military being used to keep british citizens safe in Britain

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Babs you are so right. I flagged this early doors and the ones dissing my posts are the same ones now agreeing with me..

I've never said anyone should panic but always thought that this issue is more important than people were willing to admit to.

I was initially concerned about the government's initial ambivalence but am pleasantly surprised by the degree of proactive measures being considered.

What I suspect will happen is that we may struggle to handle the sheer number of people affected. Who thinks it will be necessary to have volunteers who can do testing, support the poorly etc?"

I am with you MCN. I am deeply hurt by accusations of scaremongering and trolling. It was so obvious that we would get to this point and we are not at the top of the hill yet but some can only mock my WUP. Many don't care about the old and vulnerable. I do..

We are trying to protect them ffs

Reply privately

over a year ago

I volunteered on Tuesday but they weren't going for it, even though I've been to a local hotspot..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tom, a stopped clock is right twice a day

Reply privately

over a year ago

What I suspect will happen is that we may struggle to handle the sheer number of people affected. Who thinks it will be necessary to have volunteers who can do testing, support the poorly etc?

I am with you MCN. I am deeply hurt by accusations of scaremongering and trolling. It was so obvious that we would get to this point and we are not at the top of the hill yet but some can only mock my WUP. Many don't care about the old and vulnerable. I do..

We are trying to protect them ffs "

Well I am still booking to go to swinging events at clubs and have spent a lot of money on a month long holiday in PDI in October. That's positivity that borders on foolishness. People who have accused me of having an (agenda) to cause panic should realise I have no intention of having a whole swinging club to myself because of a panic I have supposedly caused. So what agenda?

I work from home. I'm fit (according to some ladies on fab) and low risk. I have no elderly relatives. But I do care about those who aren't in my fortunate position and when the time comes I will help. This a time when we pull together as a nation, show our strength and compassion.

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Not if your self employed.

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Not if your self employed."

Apologies about image only for willy Wednesday

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not if your self employed."

Good time to find out what your business insurance covers!

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

It was here the day the first case was confirmed. “ Action to little to late “.

Reply privately

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Not if your self employed.

Good time to find out what your business insurance covers!"

Good point “ thank you “.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Oh god. It's worse than we thought...

The new Bond movie is being delayed from April until November.

Doesnt help the name of the movie is No time to die.

True story though, covid is the reason.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Oh god. It's worse than we thought...

True story though, covid is the reason. "

OMFG..

Reply privately

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

OMFG.. "

Wake up peoples!!!

Reply privately

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

True story though, covid is the reason. "

Seems a bit weird to cancel that, but not sports events.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has anyone seen the articles about the Dean Koontz book from 1981 which pretty much predicted this?! Is scarily accurate!

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Ive never dismissed it.. just not worried. The WHO has said many of what they are saying over precious epidemics.. but what is the point in panicking.

I check the WHO and other websites for current advice and see if currently I need to do any differently. So far .. no. Ive prepared a little in case of mass panic... made sure i have a few extra packets or tins of thing's. But above that.. no.

Its very patronising and condesending to be told to wake up.. when im very upto date with thing's.

Biggest way its impacted me so far is the Delay of the new Bond movie

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Why is it delayed ?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Has anyone seen the articles about the Dean Koontz book from 1981 which pretty much predicted this?! Is scarily accurate! "

I have but treating it as a conspiracy theory

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up. Ive never dismissed it.. just not worried. The WHO has said many of what they are saying over precious epidemics.. but what is the point in panicking.

I check the WHO and other websites for current advice and see if currently I need to do any differently. So far .. no. Ive prepared a little in case of mass panic... made sure i have a few extra packets or tins of thing's. But above that.. no.

Its very patronising and condesending to be told to wake up.. when im very upto date with thing's.

Biggest way its impacted me so far is the Delay of the new Bond movie"

I’m not panicking. And I haven’t patronised anyone.

I have commented above what I do think and where I find my info.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The World Health Organisation says we are in uncharted territory and that sums it up. We have no idea where this will end up. Ive never dismissed it.. just not worried. The WHO has said many of what they are saying over precious epidemics.. but what is the point in panicking.

I have commented above what I do think and where I find my info. "

And I have never knowingly patronised anybody either..

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"

And yet you keep using your go to phrase “wake up people”

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's exactly the point, telling fully conscious people to wake up is patronising. It's basically calling everybody thick or implying you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of us.

Fair enough if you didn't realise that's how it came across.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

And yet you keep using your go to phrase “wake up people”"

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Patronising to some? Maybe

A rallying call to some? Maybe

A wake up call some? Maybe

Take it as you like ...but

Wake Up Peoples...

My Words.. If no like then it's not the thread for you..

Start Your Own Thread Peoples

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Has anyone seen the articles about the Dean Koontz book from 1981 which pretty much predicted this?! Is scarily accurate! "

To be fair accurate is a push.

The first edition of the book it was based in Russia, in 1989 it was changed to wuhan (cold War reasons) in a re-release. All Russian references were changed to wuhan (or outside of it) and China in 1989. It was changed to wuhan by circumstance.

The book virus also kills within 24 hours with 100% chance of death.

One of the symptoms

“toxin that literally eats away brain tissue” causing loss of control of bodily function. “The victim simply ceases to have a pulse, functioning organs, or any urge to breathe“.

A prediction book in 2008 actually predicted this however. Well it predicted a respiratory virus in 2020. People are wrongly using the 2 as the same prediction.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"That's exactly the point, telling fully conscious people to wake up is patronising. It's basically calling everybody thick or implying you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of us.

Fair enough if you didn't realise that's how it came across."

As you are enlightened then I am sure your opinion carries more weight than my humble opinion..

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

Start Your Own Thread Peoples"

So don’t be surprised or upset if some consider you patronising

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

So don’t be surprised or upset if some consider you patronising "

Well I have been called lots of things... I can cope with patronising.. meanwhile back at the crisis..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has anyone seen the articles about the Dean Koontz book from 1981 which pretty much predicted this?! Is scarily accurate!

The first edition of the book it was based in Russia, in 1989 it was changed to wuhan (cold War reasons) in a re-release. All Russian references were changed to wuhan (or outside of it) and China in 1989. It was changed to wuhan by circumstance.

One of the symptoms

“toxin that literally eats away brain tissue” causing loss of control of bodily function. “The victim simply ceases to have a pulse, functioning organs, or any urge to breathe“.

A prediction book in 2008 actually predicted this however. Well it predicted a respiratory virus in 2020. People are wrongly using the 2 as the same prediction. "

I’ve only read the pages shown in the articles I’ve read so I completely get what you’re saying! My comment was based on what I read which was very little so fair point!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 20:41:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's exactly the point, telling fully conscious people to wake up is patronising. It's basically calling everybody thick or implying you are somehow more enlightened than the rest of us.

As you are enlightened then I am sure your opinion carries more weight than my humble opinion.. "

Never said that Tom. I, on the other hand am not telling people to 'wake up' every 5 minutes...

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

Well I have been called lots of things... I can cope with patronising.. meanwhile back at the crisis.. "

....Nothings changed and the country is still functioning

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Has anyone seen the articles about the Dean Koontz book from 1981 which pretty much predicted this?! Is scarily accurate!

One of the symptoms

A prediction book in 2008 actually predicted this however. Well it predicted a respiratory virus in 2020. People are wrongly using the 2 as the same prediction.

I’ve only read the pages shown in the articles I’ve read so I completely get what you’re saying! My comment was based on what I read which was very little so fair point! "

That's the "problem" with all these things getting published etc, they do it without doing much research in to it and then put it out there with false or inaccurate information to grab attention. Which is then why things escelate.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

Well I have been called lots of things... I can cope with patronising.. meanwhile back at the crisis..

....Nothings changed and the country is still functioning "

At the moment

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

As you are enlightened then I am sure your opinion carries more weight than my humble opinion..

Never said that Tom. I, on the other hand am not telling people to 'wake up' every 5 minutes..."

No but you comment on my posts every five minutes..

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

At the moment"

..... and will continue to

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's fine to be concerned but, apart from taking the prescribed precautions, what would you have us do Tom? I feel that every contributor to this thread is fully awake.

Nobody is having a go for discussing it, more the fact that are implying we are all stupid and you have some master plan.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

One of the symptoms

I’ve only read the pages shown in the articles I’ve read so I completely get what you’re saying! My comment was based on what I read which was very little so fair point!

That's the "problem" with all these things getting published etc, they do it without doing much research in to it and then put it out there with false or inaccurate information to grab attention. Which is then why things escelate. "

Perhaps the press should be censored or have government approval.. perhaps social media should be censored..

Censorship could stop all of this.. Do you agree ?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's fine to be concerned but, apart from taking the prescribed precautions, what would you have us do Tom? I feel that every contributor to this thread is fully awake.

Nobody is having a go for discussing it, more the fact that are implying we are all stupid and you have some master plan."

I have no plan and never intimated that I did.. I wanted to raise awareness but some don't like that.. it's now, it's here, and it's serious

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's fine to be concerned but, apart from taking the prescribed precautions, what would you have us do Tom? I feel that every contributor to this thread is fully awake.

Nobody is having a go for discussing it, more the fact that are implying we are all stupid and you have some master plan.

I have no plan and never intimated that I did.. I wanted to raise awareness but some don't like that.. it's now, it's here, and it's serious "

Yes, we are aware. Thanks for raising awareness, but the media are doing a fine job.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

At the moment

..... and will continue to"

Did you honestly expect things to be any much at 85 cases? This may get much worse.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have no plan and never intimated that I did.. I wanted to raise awareness but some don't like that.. it's now, it's here, and it's serious

Yes, we are aware. Thanks for raising awareness, but the media are doing a fine job."

Fine.. so read the media and maybe not the thread for you..

You are fully informed..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, we are aware. Thanks for raising awareness, but the media are doing a fine job.

You are fully informed.."

Cool, so we don't need to wake up anymore? Everybody is happy, cracking!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes.. it's my phrase...

Wake Up Peoples..

Wake Up Peoples...

At the moment

..... and will continue to

Did you honestly expect things to be any much at 85 cases? This may get much worse."

Careful MCN ..

You will be called a patronising scaremonger

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You are fully informed..

Cool, so we don't need to wake up anymore? Everybody is happy, cracking!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

I have no plan and never intimated that I did.. I wanted to raise awareness but some don't like that.. it's now, it's here, and it's serious "

The current situation is not serious

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The current situation is not serious "

Please explain

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

The current situation is not serious

Please explain "

Go and educate yourself ... far more effective than being spoon fed

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

You have been yes but you've also been saying as well as wake up that people should unite but when questioned as to what do you mean you've decided to ignore..

Wake up Tom..

Engage with your own threads..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You have been yes but you've also been saying as well as wake up that people should unite but when questioned as to what do you mean you've decided to ignore..

Wake up Tom..

"

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The government are hesitating over cancelling public events...I think that is a political decision but a mistake...

It will play out and then they will have to..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wake up Tom..

"

So what do you mean by people unite then Tom?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wake up Tom..

So what do you mean by people unite then Tom? "

People need to unite in thought and demand more information.. They government will spoon feed to keep itself in power, put wealth above health and keep votes and stay popular...

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wake up Tom..

People need to unite in thought and demand more information.. They government will spoon feed to keep itself in power, put wealth above health and keep votes and stay popular...

"

Well whilst I agree with some of that, as that's politics and power etc I would ask what other information do you think is being witheld?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wake up Tom..

"

They are poking around in the dark. They know they can't stop the spread but don't want to cause mass panic. The biggest hit will be economic. This then a possible no deal with the EU.....not a good combo.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My goodness, have you seen how serious a problem this has become.

There are around 65 million people currently living in the united kingdom.

87 of those have been diagnosed with Covid-19

Yes, you heard that right, just 87.

That's 0.0000013% of the population.

Any idea how many have died from Flu this year?

I'll bet it's a lot higher

Reply privately

over a year ago

Seems a bit weird to cancel that, but not sports events. "

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/rugby-evening-headlines-itv-abandon-17863451

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"My goodness, have you seen how serious a problem this has become.

I'll bet it's a lot higher"

Early days old son

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wake up Tom..

Well whilst I agree with some of that, as that's politics and power etc I would ask what other information do you think is being witheld? "

I will tell you exactly.. whole towns in other countries such as China and Italy have been isolated and put in isolation or quarantine..

My question is who will enforce it and what powers will they have .. will a person fleeing a quarantined town be shot.. ?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wake up Tom..

Well whilst I agree with some of that, as that's politics and power etc I would ask what other information do you think is being witheld?

I will tell you exactly.. whole towns in other countries such as China and Italy have been isolated and put in isolation or quarantine..

My question is who will enforce it and what powers will they have .. will a person fleeing a quarantined town be shot.. ?"

And if you don't think that this has been discussed by national government then Wake Up

Reply privately

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Will a person be shot?

Such hysteria.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My goodness, have you seen how serious a problem this has become.

I'll bet it's a lot higher"

You are comparing a whole load of viruses that have been around for years to a single virus that's been around for months.

When the same number of people are infected by COVID-19 as are in infected by flu yearly we can talk again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wake up Tom..

My question is who will enforce it and what powers will they have .. will a person fleeing a quarantined town be shot.. ?"

Tom I think a real danger of situations like this is outbreaks of looting. We had it here a few years ago and there wasn't even anything substantial behind it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody is going to be shot Tom.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Will a person be shot?

Such hysteria. "

So they cancel Italy v Ireland rugby,

University Graduations,

Schools and Universities in Italy,

The London Book Fair,

Bloody hysterical these governing bodies..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Nobody is going to be shot Tom. "

Who knows..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Nobody is going to be shot Tom. "

So who will enforce cordons and what powers will they have ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nobody is going to be shot Tom.

Who knows.. "

Tom, I just get the feeling you like stoking things up and getting a reaction.

Reply privately

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Will a person be shot?

Such hysteria.

University Graduations,

The London Book Fair,

Bloody hysterical these governing bodies.. "

How is your patronising rant about the perfectly sensible cancellation of mass events in anyway related? You’re the one that postulated a person might be shot.

You just like stirring things up I think.

Reply privately

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"If they do bring in these self quarentines Who is going to be the one to break the news to my dog that we aren't going for a walk, will break her little heart

"

I'll walk her.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Will a person be shot?

Such hysteria.

University Graduations,

The London Book Fair,

Bloody hysterical these governing bodies..

How is your patronising rant about the perfectly sensible cancellation of mass events in anyway related? You’re the one that postulated a person might be shot.

You just like stirring things up I think. "

Why some events cancelled and not others.. government seem to be leaving it to governing bodies and not central policy.. so cancel the London Book Fair but not Cheltenham Races... Really? The government are trying not to be popular.. They will let cases escalate before stepping in.. wealth before health

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wake up Tom..

I think your getting a bit carried away and over thinking things..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Who knows..

Tom, I just get the feeling you like stoking things up and getting a reaction."

I will take ownership of that .. yes I do.. I will be patronising, trolling and reaction seeking if it raises awareness and I won't apologise for that..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Wake up Tom..

My question is who will enforce it and what powers will they have .. will a person fleeing a quarantined town be shot.. ?

I think your getting a bit carried away and over thinking things.. "

The same question...

Who will enforce the quarantine of large numbers of people in towns and what powers will they have?

Simple question really..

Or will all citizens comply..

Please tell me ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is now serious. 85 people out of 65,000,000 now confirmed as having caught Coronavirus. 35 today alone I think.

At this rate it will only be another 5,000 years before we are all striken

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who knows..

I will take ownership of that .. yes I do.. I will be patronising, trolling and reaction seeking if it raises awareness and I won't apologise for that.. "

Thank you on behalf of mankind Tom......jeez

Reply privately

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Who knows..

I will take ownership of that .. yes I do.. I will be patronising, trolling and reaction seeking if it raises awareness and I won't apologise for that..

Thank you on behalf of mankind Tom......jeez"

At last you get my point..

Praise the Lord

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Wake up Tom..

I think your getting a bit carried away and over thinking things..

The same question...

Who will enforce the quarantine of large numbers of people in towns and what powers will they have?

Simple question really..

Or will all citizens comply..

Please tell me .."

Tom for someone who tries to give the impression you know things you seem either grossly naive or don't know..

The police already have powers to carry out certain actions if deemed necessary, in such times as may be coming the government of the day will pass emergency legislation..

As for whom will and won't comply, who knows..

Would you rather infected people are allowed to leave a cordoned area or quarantine and spread further this virus which you have been saying is serious?

Reply privately