Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

one law for the rich

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

David Beckham is represented in court by Nick "Mr loophole" Freeman on a speeding charge.. the solicitor who represents many celebrities on traffic offences charges upwards of £10,000 a day..

He doesn't deny Beckham drove at the speed of 59 in a 40 zone.

He doesn't deny beckham being the driver.

He's claiming the notice was issued a day late.

I wonder how many folk have put their hands up knowing they've committed the offence and yet if they'd had the finances would have found a loophole to get off.

Would you use the services of "Mr loophole" if you could?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwolfMan
over a year ago

bristol

Loopholes can make for some interesting debates.

Remember an insurance company will quite happily bend you over on one, is it wrong to do it back?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I saw that story. Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to pay the fine and take the points?

over a year ago

I couldn't afford Mr Loophole. Maybe if I was crazy rich.

over a year ago

Not much of a loop hole if the ticket was issued a day late, i would expect any Solicitor to check that.

over a year ago

If his legal team costs 10k a day why doesn't he just take the hit? Maximum fine is 1k maximum points they'd give is 6 OR a maximum 28 day revoke of the licence, they're all maximum, he could get even less.

over a year ago

"I saw that story. Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to pay the fine and take the points?"

No because it will result in a ban, he must have 9 points already.

over a year ago

"I saw that story. Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to pay the fine and take the points?

No because it will result in a ban, he must have 9 points already."

Then he should realise he's not the queen, he isn't above the law and shouldn't be speeding, 20 mph over the limit is a bit of a piss take.

over a year ago

It’s not really a loophole to be honest, a noticeof intended prosecution has to be served within 14 days from Midnight of the day of the offence. If it isn’t then it’s not valid. If people choose to hold their hand up and plead guilty then thats up to them. Any solicitor worthhis salt could get you off that, you wouldn’t even need a solicitor, as long as you can show the NIP was late that’s that.

over a year ago

"Not much of a loop hole if the ticket was issued a day late, i would expect any Solicitor to check that.

"

I agree .. how many folk when receiving a notice go to any solicitor (never mind Mr Freeman) to check.. knowing the fees will be likely higher than the fine ?

over a year ago

"I saw that story. Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to pay the fine and take the points?

No because it will result in a ban, he must have 9 points already.

Then he should realise he's not the queen, he isn't above the law and shouldn't be speeding, 20 mph over the limit is a bit of a piss take. "

We all know we shouldn’t speed but we all do it, we know the risks of being caught but we do it anyway. But just as we can be done for breaking the rules then the system can also fail when the rules arn’t followed.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

This isn't a poor v rich thing. Whenever there are speed cameras round here the local Facebook pages are full of reasons why the tickets would be illegal. Parked on private property with no permission was the last one.

Anyone can contest tickets without emptying over priced solicitors.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

A bit off topic, but the landlord of my local pub back in the late 70's had drink driving charges dropped because they spelled his name incorrectly on the charge sheet

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Procedurak or clerical errors are the cause of a lot of mis trials.

over a year ago

Nearly everything i have read about this on the net, says that Beckham "received" the notice a day late. As someone that has also "received" a speeding notice late, in my case, 3 days late. It didn't matter at all, what actually matters is when the speeding notice was "issued". I havn't read anything yet that tells me when that was.

Obviously Beckham has been done for speeding before, so i'm guessing if this one goes the distance he'll be banned. That's why Mr Loophole is involved.

over a year ago

I wonder what he would do if one of his kids was killed by a driver doing 59 in a 40 zone?

Selfish prick deserves a ban driving like that

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I would imagine any solictor would noticed it was issued a day late. I think it makes him look an arse trying to get out of it

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

" I wonder what he would do if one of his kids was killed by a driver doing 59 in a 40 zone?

Selfish prick deserves a ban driving like that"

I know what you mean, but at least he didn't prang it into a wall like George Michael.

over a year ago

"I would imagine any solictor would noticed it was issued a day late. I think it makes him look an arse trying to get out of it"

You'd think given his solicitor has accepted he was driving and doing the speed he'd be better off like one or two other celebrities have done and used it in a positive 'learn from my mistakes' than the negative.

over a year ago

" I wonder what he would do if one of his kids was killed by a driver doing 59 in a 40 zone?

+100%

You can bet your bottom dollar that his press dept would be all over it like a rash. Posh would be blubbing for months on end on breakfast TV about how the Government should come down on this and be jailing the speeders. Of course they would then be setting up a foundation with multi million pound donations to make shure it became law.

It is already law though, kill someone while you are speeding and you can end up inside....................unless you is worth a few bob of course.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

If he can afford the best why not use the best we’d all do the same if we had his finances people do love to judge because none of us break the law do we

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If he can afford the best why not use the best we’d all do the same if we had his finances people do love to judge because none of us break the law do we "

I think it is more about the not facing up to what you have done rather than how much money someone has

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actions

over a year ago

He could probay afford a driver if banned too. Take the punishment.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I would imagine any solictor would noticed it was issued a day late. I think it makes him look an arse trying to get out of it

You'd think given his solicitor has accepted he was driving and doing the speed he'd be better off like one or two other celebrities have done and used it in a positive 'learn from my mistakes' than the negative."

And show his children that you should accept responsibility for your mistakes/ cock ups

over a year ago

The offence likely took place, but the ensuing and very unecessary noise, is probably just a very cheap publicity stunt to propel his name back into the public eye. He’s knocking on a bit now and not really in the limelight anymore so maybe it’s some sort of misguided attempt to keep up appearances. Seems to be doing the trick.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"If he can afford the best why not use the best we’d all do the same if we had his finances people do love to judge because none of us break the law do we

I think it is more about the not facing up to what you have done rather than how much money someone has

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actions"

he did face up to it he didn’t deny it just his solicitor picked up on a technicality and got him off maybe the law should be changed

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"The offence likely took place, but the ensuing and very unecessary noise, is probably just a very cheap publicity stunt to propel his name back into the public eye. He’s knocking on a bit now and not really in the limelight anymore so maybe it’s some sort of misguided attempt to keep up appearances. Seems to be doing the trick."

I don't think speeding would be the first thing on his mind to make it into the tabloids, his missus can do that simply by buying a new handbag! Hopefully he's learnt from his mistake

By *ast_And_CuriousMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

I imagine everyone here has broken the speed limit on more than one occasion. Not forgetting Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars which can very easily break the speed limit without you realising. He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"I imagine everyone here has broken the speed limit on more than one occasion. Not forgetting Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars which can very easily break the speed limit without you realising. He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40. "

over a year ago

"If he can afford the best why not use the best we’d all do the same if we had his finances people do love to judge because none of us break the law do we

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actionshe did face up to it he didn’t deny it just his solicitor picked up on a technicality and got him off maybe the law should be changed "

His solicitor hasn't got him off yet. The case dosn't go to trial until 27th of September. It went before a Magistrate, as all contested speeding offences do. The Magistrate decided to send the case for trial rather than make come to a decision.

over a year ago

"I imagine everyone here has broken the speed limit on more than one occasion. Not forgetting Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars which can very easily break the speed limit without you realising. He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40. "

I've had penalty points for speeding .. was I happy no.. did I commit the offence yep just like Mr Beckham has., wasd I driving a Bentley n ope type of car is irrelevant.. as far as I'm aware Bentley's have speedometers.. only one thing makes a car go faster than the speed limit that's the driver

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40. "

Doing 40 in Reliant Robin feels like 100mph

over a year ago

Good luck to him. Money is power ,it always has been thus .

over a year ago

"The offence likely took place, but the ensuing and very unecessary noise, is probably just a very cheap publicity stunt to propel his name back into the public eye. He’s knocking on a bit now and not really in the limelight anymore so maybe it’s some sort of misguided attempt to keep up appearances. Seems to be doing the trick.

I don't think speeding would be the first thing on his mind to make it into the tabloids, his missus can do that simply by buying a new handbag! Hopefully he's learnt from his mistake "

Not quite sure he needs his Mrs to publicise him; even if he did, not quite sure she’d be buying handbags when she essentially sells them

over a year ago

There's a lot of jealousy on this thread.

over a year ago

"Good luck to him. Money is power ,it always has been thus . "

Exactly that. If you’ve got the influence, might as well use it to your advantage.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actionshe did face up to it he didn’t deny it just his solicitor picked up on a technicality and got him off maybe the law should be changed

His solicitor hasn't got him off yet. The case dosn't go to trial until 27th of September. It went before a Magistrate, as all contested speeding offences do. The Magistrate decided to send the case for trial rather than make come to a decision."

the magistrate was a city fan obviously

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I would imagine any solictor would noticed it was issued a day late. I think it makes him look an arse trying to get out of it

You'd think given his solicitor has accepted he was driving and doing the speed he'd be better off like one or two other celebrities have done and used it in a positive 'learn from my mistakes' than the negative."

Indeed, might even place him well for that knighthood he so badly wants (allegedly)!

By *ast_And_CuriousMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"I imagine everyone here has broken the speed limit on more than one occasion. Not forgetting Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars which can very easily break the speed limit without you realising. He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40.

I've had penalty points for speeding .. was I happy no.. did I commit the offence yep just like Mr Beckham has., wasd I driving a Bentley n ope type of car is irrelevant.. as far as I'm aware Bentley's have speedometers.. only one thing makes a car go faster than the speed limit that's the driver "

Point, but do you really think people who own very fast high end cars are going to keep to speed limits at all times and drive like my mum in her VW Up? No.

over a year ago

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actionshe did face up to it he didn’t deny it just his solicitor picked up on a technicality and got him off maybe the law should be changed

His solicitor hasn't got him off yet. The case dosn't go to trial until 27th of September. It went before a Magistrate, as all contested speeding offences do. The Magistrate decided to send the case for trial rather than make come to a decision.the magistrate was a city fan obviously "

For a man who wears socks with sandals in 2018 he needs all the help he can buy!...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"There's a lot of jealousy on this thread."

I don't think it's jealousy, just people taking the piss

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I think he is right to fight it, if it was not issued properly.

I think it should be free for him to fight it though, but if he feels like spending the money he earned on a solicitor to do it for him then okay.

I don't think just paying a fine cause you are rich is a better stance to have, basically means he can break any rule he wants as long as he has the money to pay the fines.

Hes not the only rich person to do this though, loads do.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

What is he teaching his children if he can't be accountable for his actionshe did face up to it he didn’t deny it just his solicitor picked up on a technicality and got him off maybe the law should be changed "

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicality

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"There's a lot of jealousy on this thread."

I wondered how long this comment would take to turn up

By *istalloverCouple
over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

Male half here.

Mr Beckham better get ready to use the loophole guy again as I am personally going to sue the arse off him him..

I have been wearing his football based aftershave for a number of years . and NOT scored once while wearing it .

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicality"

wouldnt you if you could get of on a technicality I’m sure I would ive been caught speeding before and if I thought for one minute I’d get of on a technicality then damn right I would

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Personally no, I don't mind accepting it was my fault and dealing with it

over a year ago

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicalitywouldnt you if you could get of on a technicality I’m sure I would ive been caught speeding before and if I thought for one minute I’d get of on a technicality then damn right I would "

Would you feel the same about those drink drivers Mr Loophole has got off if they went on to mow a child down while drink driving again?

over a year ago

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicality"

And why shouldn’t he. We the public are expected to follow the rules and we are punished when we break them. The rules state that the NIP should be issued within 14 days so when it isn’t then they themselves have broken the rules. They can’t have it both ways, we either all play by the rules or we don’t.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicalitywouldnt you if you could get of on a technicality I’m sure I would ive been caught speeding before and if I thought for one minute I’d get of on a technicality then damn right I would

Would you feel the same about those drink drivers Mr Loophole has got off if they went on to mow a child down while drink driving again?"

obviously not but we are not talking about drink drivers are we ?

over a year ago

He isn't. If he was facing up to it he would be saying to himself...I cocked up and got caught, I will take the consequences. Instead he is trying to get off on a technicalitywouldnt you if you could get of on a technicality I’m sure I would ive been caught speeding before and if I thought for one minute I’d get of on a technicality then damn right I would

Would you feel the same about those drink drivers Mr Loophole has got off if they went on to mow a child down while drink driving again? obviously not but we are not talking about drink drivers are we ?"

Okay the point I'm making is would Beckham or the others learn from getting off or will he think he/they just think I can speed anytime because my expensive solicitor will get me off?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

And why shouldn’t he. We the public are expected to follow the rules and we are punished when we break them. The rules state that the NIP should be issued within 14 days so when it isn’t then they themselves have broken the rules. They can’t have it both ways, we either all play by the rules or we don’t. "

It will be interesting to see if he gets off. Do you know if the mail arrived later than two weeks or they didn't issue it until after two weeks?

over a year ago

"

And why shouldn’t he. We the public are expected to follow the rules and we are punished when we break them. The rules state that the NIP should be issued within 14 days so when it isn’t then they themselves have broken the rules. They can’t have it both ways, we either all play by the rules or we don’t.

It will be interesting to see if he gets off. Do you know if the mail arrived later than two weeks or they didn't issue it until after two weeks? "

No idea

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Oh sorry I thought you sounded like you had read up on it. will go google

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If it was issued late its void same as for anyone else. You dont need an expensive solicitor.

However i do think he should of taken it on the chin.

over a year ago

"Oh sorry I thought you sounded like you had read up on it. will go google"

Only what was in the papers, I was saying it as fact, just that if it was late then they’ve cocked up so in the interest of fairness and everybody playing by the rules he should get off with it.

over a year ago

Do your own research and dig out that loophole! (If it exists)

e.g Yellow lines and no parking road markings ref parking.... A whole lot of rules and regs regarding the size etc of the lines letters etc. Council get it wrong - charge thrown out.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Oh sorry I thought you sounded like you had read up on it. will go google"

So it seems the solictor says"He explained that Bentley had loaned the vehicle to Beckham and that the letter had arrived with them a day after the law permits."

I doubt he will get off with it as there would be no proof when it turned up

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Personally no, I don't mind accepting it was my fault and dealing with it"

I know I mentioned drink driving earlier in the thread, but that's beside the point, Beckham broke the law and is punishable by a public flogging

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Personally no, I don't mind accepting it was my fault and dealing with it

I know I mentioned drink driving earlier in the thread, but that's beside the point, Beckham broke the law and is punishable by a public flogging "

there’s a few present day footballers I’d like to see flogged but howay old golden balls he’s a national treasure

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I know I mentioned drink driving earlier in the thread, but that's beside the point, Beckham broke the law and is punishable by a public flogging "

Or just pay the fine and save the flogging for the bedroom

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

I know I mentioned drink driving earlier in the thread, but that's beside the point, Beckham broke the law and is punishable by a public flogging

"

he looks the sort

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

he looks the sort "

I doubt Skinny Spice is up to it though

over a year ago

Aren't any speeding fines meant to be proportional to income now?

In which case his solicitors' fee might be cheaper than any fine he would receive!

He is silly driving at that speed in a 40 though.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

he looks the sort "

I reckon he could be a goer yes He would have to not talk though

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I reckon he could be a goer yes He would have to not talk though "

Isn't that why ball gags are available?

over a year ago

If you drive a powerful car and are so unaware of its power that you can be that far over the limit you really deserve to be banned.

Your logic is ridiculous.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I imagine everyone here has broken the speed limit on more than one occasion. Not forgetting Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars which can very easily break the speed limit without you realising. He was driving a Bentley at the time. 59mph would feel like 40.

If you drive a powerful car and are so unaware of its power that you can be that far over the limit you really deserve to be banned.

Your logic is ridiculous. "

Exactly, I was more of a motorcycle man , but at least I knew where ma speedometer was

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/09/18 00:37:06]

over a year ago

Exactly, I was more of a motorcycle man , but at least I knew where ma speedometer was "

To imply what you in your infinite wisdom, deems to be someone else’s logic, as ridiculous, is ridiculous in itself ffs. Morover, and to quote ‘Mr Beckham drives some VERY powerful cars that can easily break the speed limit’...errr...so can my 16 year old nephews scooter, and, the inevitable mobility contraption of my granny. Keep an eye on that speedo of yours eh, and let’s hope you’re neither unfortunate enough to be caught exceeding the limit, or on the flip side, falling short of keeping up with traffic. As for the Mr Beckham address, call him Becks, I’m sure he won’t mind

By *ast_And_CuriousMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Your logic is ridiculous. "

Not really. There's so many other variables too. Time of day, how long you're actually speeding for etc. Going from 40 to 59mph in a 500bhp+ vehicle would take literally a couple of seconds, very easy to do. Like I said, nobody with powerful cars will keep to the speed limit all the time or may as well have just bought a boggo slow car. Even most people in regular "slow" cars often break the speed limit. Not that that's an excuse as such.

Blame the government for allowing fast cars that break the speed limit easily and not limiting them to 70mph as well.

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Not really. There's so many other variables too. Time of day, how long you're actually speeding for etc. Going from 40 to 59mph in a 500bhp+ vehicle would take literally a couple of seconds, very easy to do. Like I said, nobody with powerful cars will keep to the speed limit all the time or may as well have just bought a boggo slow car. Even most people in regular "slow" cars often break the speed limit. Not that that's an excuse as such.

Blame the government for allowing fast cars that break the speed limit easily and not limiting them to 70mph as well. "

I understand what you mean, I’ve been in cars that feel like you’re doing 40 and when you check it’s suddenly a 70, it can happen easily because it’s so smooth, it’s not intended, it can take you by surprise

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Blame the government for allowing fast cars that break the speed limit easily and not limiting them to 70mph as well.

I understand what you mean, I’ve been in cars that feel like you’re doing 40 and when you check it’s suddenly a 70, it can happen easily because it’s so smooth, it’s not intended, it can take you by surprise "

I think I've been in bedrooms like that

By *homasP80Man
over a year ago

Linwood

over a year ago

It doesn't matter if your a rich ex footballer or a plumber. The law is the law and if the notice was served a day late then both have the right to appeal the summons. Most speeding tickets are just revenue making practices.

By *ogNMuseCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

I think another reason he's pleading not guilty is that it is/was a temporary (40) speed limit and the council applying it may not have done the application for it correctly, I believe it's called a TRO (temporary reduction order)

over a year ago

Blame the government for allowing fast cars that break the speed limit easily and not limiting them to 70mph as well. "

What utter bollocks. The only person responsible for how fast a car goes is the person with their foot on the accelerator.

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

What if a kid was killed by a driver doing 39mph in a 40 zone? 59 in a 40 is illegal of course but it is not automatically dangerous, particularly at the edge of the zone. Sometimes failing to take account of changing surroundings and maintaining 40mph in a 40 zone can be extremely reckless.

When it comes to the law I find there is one rule for the rich, one rule for the poor and one rule for those of us in the middle... The rich pay little in fines or solicitors fees relative to earnings, the poor don't pay their fines or their fees. Punishments hit those a in the middle the hardest.

over a year ago

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

What utter bollocks. The only person responsible for how fast a car goes is the person with their foot on the accelerator.

"

Can you be more civil with your answers please

over a year ago

Has anyone else noticed that posh has just had a vogue editorial come out - I’m not suggesting there’s any link but PR is good in any form and when Becks gets off we’ll all say it was fair because it was a TRO and he was in an unfamiliar car and it was just bad luck won’t we - lifelong cynic me!

over a year ago

What's the point of having money if you can't get it to work for you I mean he was in a Bentley it cost him more in fuel than the speeding ticket to drive brooklyn to his mates house , it's not about money or stigma or points he could employ a chauffeur it's about press time

over a year ago

So Mr Beckham's case was thrown out., while his solicitor was arguing in court he was posting instagram pictures of him stuck in London traffic. All he needed was the two fingered emoji to the judge

over a year ago

You're gravely mistaken if you think it's only rich people who will do anything to worm their way out of admitting guilt!

over a year ago

Good Charlotte- Lifestyles of the rich and famous

https://youtu.be/y-jC3H_8Dk4

By *arnsley guy100Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

I was disappointed in him tbh.... Yes we all want to get away with it, and there may have been some discrepancies in the paperwork being late..

But someone of high profile like Beckham should be setting an example to his peers... Own up

By *homasP80Man
over a year ago

Linwood

"I saw that story. Wouldn't it be cheaper for him to pay the fine and take the points?"

Pretty sure beckham could, only coppers to him.

But I suppose celebrities can afford these fines that most couldn’t.

59mph in a 40 Limit

Probably just get a “slap on the Wrist”

Probably driving a big expensive “petrol gussler” with more gismos/speed/traffic warning than anyone could imagine

over a year ago

The date stamp on the envelope showed it was a day late. End of case. As drivers need to obey the rules then so does the system that enforces those rules.

over a year ago

"The date stamp on the envelope showed it was a day late. End of case. As drivers need to obey the rules then so does the system that enforces those rules. "

Morally wrong but as you say legally correct how may of us would do the same under the same circumstances?

over a year ago

"The date stamp on the envelope showed it was a day late. End of case. As drivers need to obey the rules then so does the system that enforces those rules.

Morally wrong but as you say legally correct how may of us would do the same under the same circumstances? "

Well it works for all the murderers, rapists and all the other scumbags who plead not guilty in court. Getting off a speeding ticket isn’t the end of the world. Why plead guilty when there’s issues with the evidence. I know I wouldn’t.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

"Loopholes can make for some interesting debates.

Remember an insurance company will quite happily bend you over on one, is it wrong to do it back?

"

Amorality is a slippery slope. Apart from which he isn't "doing it back" after they've done something to him this was simply "loopholing" full stop.

Read the details i.e. the court "accepted" (as there was no proof to the contrary) that a first class posted letter arrived after 3 days, thereby missing the 2 days "window" remaining at the end of the 14 day notice period.

Why couldn't Mr Beckham have told the story himself to the judge. Or even use a run of the mill solicitor? Perhaps it's more plausible when it comes from a £10,000 a day "specialist".

We might even ask why the prosecution service sent out the notification so late and didn't send it recorded and signed for.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

Pretty sure beckham could, only coppers to him.

But I suppose celebrities can afford these fines that most couldn’t.

59mph in a 40 Limit

Probably just get a “slap on the Wrist”

Probably driving a big expensive “petrol gussler” with more gismos/speed/traffic warning than anyone could imagine "

You're right with the "Expensive petrol guzzler". Track down the story, it was a new Bentley, on loan, so the story implies, from Bentley Motors.

over a year ago

"Loopholes can make for some interesting debates.

Amorality is a slippery slope. Apart from which he isn't "doing it back" after they've done something to him this was simply "loopholing" full stop.

Read the details i.e. the court "accepted" (as there was no proof to the contrary) that a first class posted letter arrived after 3 days, thereby missing the 2 days "window" remaining at the end of the 14 day notice period.

Why couldn't Mr Beckham have told the story himself to the judge. Or even use a run of the mill solicitor? Perhaps it's more plausible when it comes from a £10,000 a day "specialist".

We might even ask why the prosecution service sent out the notification so late and didn't send it recorded and signed for."

The date mark on the stamp was a day after the deadline so there was proof it was late. They called a witness from Bentley who the NIP was sent to as they were the registered keeper and the witness explained the in house postal procedure. An employee from the ticket office also gave evidence to say the NIP’s were always sent first class but the defence produced examples of them with second class postage on which the employee had no answer for.

Post new Message to Thread