Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

guys why do it.....

Jump to newest

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

make the arrangement to meet then not turn up ....you have the phone number of the fem but you cant call to say sorry cant make it and then leave the fem waiting at the place arranged....... makes it difficult for the genuine guys

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Amazes me how often this happens ta mates

I really cannot understand some people

If its genuine yes but 9 out a ten of the ones ive heard are bullshit

Amazing xx

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

thanks hunni so pissed off as i went to where we arranged for the time arranged....... so wasted my time and petrol and a night where i am on my own not often i get that xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

plenty of (well)verified ppl closeby _usty HInt fuckin HINT lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Aww hun x

Sorry to hear u was let down xx

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

What a bugger, no real excuse is there. Some men seem to build things up to a meet pretend to be keen then disappear . such a pity they cant be named.

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

tell me about it!!

i don't get much of this anymore but its soooo annoying , especially since i've usually said sorry i'm busy to half a dozen others.

this is why i always meet in cafes or pubs, but i try to pick ones that aren't 'locals' so you don't start getting pity if you get stood up...

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i dont often get time to myself on a sat night due to work, so sat night when am not in work is my playtime as i dont through week have family to put first and is at my mums

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i said sorry to someone else as this had been arranged

Reply privately

over a year ago

I understand your frustration, however, there is an issue here. You are posting on the forums asking a question that no one would answer.

Why? Because the time-wasters dont frequent the forums, or if they do, they certainly wouldnt post on them.

Why does ANYONE arrange something and back out? The answer to the question could be vast, from A right through to Z there is an excuse.

By posting this here, the regular forumites will now have a game of "single men are bastards", "well so are couples and femmes" tennis.

Sorry about your failed me, I'll take your one and swap it with my 3 for this week.......

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

had 4 in a week once and that was very annoying

Reply privately

over a year ago

I still cannot understand why this happens. I can get my head round ass-holes making arrangements to mess aother guy about, but messing a lass,I don't get. Even if you were chickening out, why no message to save someone else's time/effort/money?

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

exactly...... especially with the cost of fuel but hey ho wonder what excuse i will get

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

By posting this here, the regular forumites will now have a game of "single men are bastards", "well so are couples and femmes" tennis.

"

Na the regualr posters hate the time waster problem whether its couples single guy or even single women

There is no need fa some to arrange stuff then just disappear its just plain wrong and some do it regularly

Its not just single guys and most know that mate xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Na the regualr posters hate the time waster problem whether its couples single guy or even single women

There is no need fa some to arrange stuff then just disappear its just plain wrong and some do it regularly

Its not just single guys and most know that mate xx "

Think thats what he meant by the tennis bit xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"exactly...... especially with the cost of fuel but hey ho wonder what excuse i will get"

Everytime a genuine single guy sees these kind of threads (well, ok, everytime I see one of these threads), I cant help but think, "well thats a shame and all but....." and the "but" is this, I have seen people in my local area complaining about single guys showing up, I read it in their profiles and yet they "overlook" me on a regular basis, as I do not fit their "ideal" man. Of course I am Fugly, but better to be Fugly and genuine than Gorgeous and well, not there lol....

Reply privately

over a year ago

i know im a bastard ......sorry

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I must be doing something wrong, have never been let down once....let alone Four times in a week.

Feel left out now...

Reply privately

By *ark CharmerMan
over a year ago

Horsham

Thats a shame, thank goodness, its never happened to me.

Reply privately

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"exactly...... especially with the cost of fuel but hey ho wonder what excuse i will get

Everytime a genuine single guy sees these kind of threads (well, ok, everytime I see one of these threads), I cant help but think, "well thats a shame and all but....." and the "but" is this, I have seen people in my local area complaining about single guys showing up, I read it in their profiles and yet they "overlook" me on a regular basis, as I do not fit their "ideal" man. Of course I am Fugly, but better to be Fugly and genuine than Gorgeous and well, not there lol...."

gives you a quick hug.. Im sure you arent fugly really .. xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I must be doing something wrong, have never been let down once....let alone Four times in a week.

Feel left out now...

"

Err sorry cant make it tonight im babysitting me mates goldfish and washing me hair xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"exactly...... especially with the cost of fuel but hey ho wonder what excuse i will get

Everytime a genuine single guy sees these kind of threads (well, ok, everytime I see one of these threads), I cant help but think, "well thats a shame and all but....." and the "but" is this, I have seen people in my local area complaining about single guys showing up, I read it in their profiles and yet they "overlook" me on a regular basis, as I do not fit their "ideal" man. Of course I am Fugly, but better to be Fugly and genuine than Gorgeous and well, not there lol....

gives you a quick hug.. Im sure you arent fugly really .. xx"

No I am, but in a strangely unique way..........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I must be doing something wrong, have never been let down once....let alone Four times in a week.

Feel left out now...

"

Maybe you don't meet

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Feel left out now...

Maybe you don't meet"

You reckon?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"make the arrangement to meet then not turn up ....you have the phone number of the fem but you cant call to say sorry cant make it and then leave the fem waiting at the place arranged....... makes it difficult for the genuine guys "

There is no excuse in 99.9% of occasions you can text or call. Block and move on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd meet you Pauly if you didn't live so far away cus you make me laugh

Must admit though I have never had a no show but I usually exchange loads of texts and at least one phone call first don't know if this makes a difference

xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd meet you Pauly if you didn't live so far away cus you make me laugh

Must admit though I have never had a no show but I usually exchange loads of texts and at least one phone call first don't know if this makes a difference

xxx"

Lol, Telford is a bit of a hike, but I appreciate the kind offer

P xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"exactly...... especially with the cost of fuel but hey ho wonder what excuse i will get"

Stuck at work, then oh then his car broke down? offt how unlucky is that?

Then he got home and ceiling fell in on him, then he looked up chinmey and brick fell down and hit him on head?

Dont arrange to meet Laurel n Hardy in future, my wee tip there,,

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then he got home and ceiling fell in on him, then he looked up chinmey and brick fell down and hit him on head?

Dont arrange to meet Laurel n Hardy in future, my wee tip there,,"

xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dont arrange to meet Laurel n Hardy in future, my wee tip there,,"

Thats another FINE DBS mess uve got me in

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wife arranged a meet with some guy last night to meet @ the club we go to, did he turn up nope

Thankfully most of our meet do turn up .

Strange thing is he messaged her for a meet then messages her this morning say I'd never go to this club ever, wtf is that all about after he knew where the meet was lol his loss blocked moved on

This is why we only meet @ the club now, still fun was had by all

* CrEeps RouNd GrAveYaRd * -|-

Reply privately

over a year ago

honestly I blame some of the ppl themselves for having no-show meets...certainly must be doing SOMETHING wrong in te selection process....thats MY opinion.

hate sounding like a broken record, but i dont drive , cant accom very well, sometimes ive not even got credit in my phone. BUT somehow I manage to turn up and sometimes my meets are outwith my city.........

Reply privately

over a year ago

"honestly I blame some of the ppl themselves for having no-show meets...certainly must be doing SOMETHING wrong in te selection process....thats MY opinion.

hate sounding like a broken record, but i dont drive , cant accom very well, sometimes ive not even got credit in my phone. BUT somehow I manage to turn up and sometimes my meets are outwith my city........."

ad to the fact I rarely get to clubs....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"thanks hunni so pissed off as i went to where we arranged for the time arranged....... so wasted my time and petrol and a night where i am on my own not often i get that xx"

I'd drive all the way from the North West to meet you if I said I was.

Stunning x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"thanks hunni so pissed off as i went to where we arranged for the time arranged....... so wasted my time and petrol and a night where i am on my own not often i get that xx

I'd drive all the way from the North West to meet you if I said I was.

Stunning x"

"I drove all nighhhhhhht to get to U"

roy orbison eat yer heart out! hehehe

Reply privately

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

he has my number so there is no excuse for not calling to let me know not going to turn up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"he has my number so there is no excuse for not calling to let me know not going to turn up "

Can i have ya number fa when i dont turn up xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"make the arrangement to meet then not turn up ....you have the phone number of the fem but you cant call to say sorry cant make it and then leave the fem waiting at the place arranged....... makes it difficult for the genuine guys "

His wife probably had other plans for him.

We only let this happen twice and blocked single guys from then on.

Just not worth the trouble and going by the forums it seems to be getting more regular.

XXXX

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just a note, had women do exactly the same to me, its not only single guys who do it... not that it makes it any different, male or female or a couple, i just don't get it.

Never not turned up for a meet, and if i had to would do the basic courtesy of calling to cancel,i can only reason some get some sick satisfaction out of messing with people or simply don't take other peoples time,effort,and lives seriously.

disclaimer- there might be the odd genuine reason, but its not hard to call, or even text.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I must be very equal ops as I have been stood up by one woman and one man in my time. Never by a couple though so I like to think it was down to nerves and not me putting them off!

Always make sure now that I meet near something else that interests me so if it is a no snow I don't waste my time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Its not just single guys and most know that mate xx "

Oops should have read every post here , would have saved me making my initial point.. my bad. I don't think there is much point to singling out any sex, though i would say with amount of guys on here, proportionally there may be more single male time wasters, i couldn't say though because its not whom i tend to be talking too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feel left out now...

Maybe you don't meet"

'kin hell sunbeam... Stockton is too close to Exeter to live that dangerously...;-)

You feelin suicidal...? Take more Cytalopram...;-);-);-)

Reply privately

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Na the regualr posters hate the time waster problem whether its couples single guy or even single women..."

Yep... it's almost as annoying as seeing the same fecking question time and time again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Na the regualr posters hate the time waster problem whether its couples single guy or even single women...

Yep... it's almost as annoying as seeing the same fecking question time and time again."

Granted we've all been there done etc, and indeed sigh at the constant timewaster threads, but i think this one was explained well to the point all you can do is sympathise. The timewaster threads that gloss over the facts and just read as moans are tedious, but this was well explained and put.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Na the regualr posters hate the time waster problem whether its couples single guy or even single women...

Yep... it's almost as annoying as seeing the same fecking question time and time again.

Granted we've all been there done etc, and indeed sigh at the constant timewaster threads, but i think this one was explained well to the point all you can do is sympathise. The timewaster threads that gloss over the facts and just read as moans are tedious, but this was well explained and put."

Why does it matter how it is explained... it's the same question?

Come to think of it... it's the same answer too.

In the words of King Willie, the voodoo priest and ganglord of the Jamaican Voodoo Posse..... "shit 'appens"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Granted we've all been there done etc, and indeed sigh at the constant timewaster threads, but i think this one was explained well to the point all you can do is sympathise. The timewaster threads that gloss over the facts and just read as moans are tedious, but this was well explained and put.

In the words of King Willie, the voodoo priest and ganglord of the Jamaican Voodoo Posse..... "shit 'appens"

"

well Ive stated my stance on it...slection processes that are shit!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Is he the one that said "nobody move, nobody get 'urt"?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

well Ive stated my stance on it...slection processes that are shit!"

There is a lot of truth in that....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is he the one that said "nobody move, nobody get 'urt"?"

I don't remember him saying that, but he did say...

"You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'. " .... which is a bit like timewasters really isn't it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

well Ive stated my stance on it...slection processes that are shit!

There is a lot of truth in that...."

and a badly spelled 'selection'

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Can i ask the OP if she has anything positive to say about single guys?? Forgive me but from reading your previous threads you seem very negative?

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"

Is he the one that said "nobody move, nobody get 'urt"?"

No.........

that was Polo when she was using her bra as a catapult

Reply privately

over a year ago

Feel left out now...

"

It's never happened to me either...then again I always meet socially first and get them to text me when they arrive. The meeting place is always 200m from my office door outside M&S at lunch time. Should they not turn up I was getting a sarnie any way so no skin of my nose.

I have to admit I find these types of threads pointless. The OP's usually exercise poor judgement...again, as these threads are always started by those let down several times on the trot.

I always think, another needy soul on an ego massaging exercise who will arrange another failed meet with the next person who flatters them...but that's just me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Is he the one that said "nobody move, nobody get 'urt"?

I don't remember him saying that, but he did say...

"You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'. " .... which is a bit like timewasters really isn't it.

"

My bad, it was Screwface from Marked for Death. I have no idea why this line appeals to me so much, but said in a deep, dark Jamaican accent, it sboth menacing and funny

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It doesn't make it difficult for genuine guys, cos they do turn up.

This really shouldn't be on the forums every time you get let down, and as you have mentioned it isn't the first time....mauybe your selection process needs refining.

In the meantime REPORT anyone who does do this , block and move on.

Reply privately