Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Medical Science

Jump to newest

By *igertiger OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

Ever considered donating your body to medical science? Thoughts on it? Personally toying with the idea.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

We are happy for some hot nurses do some detailed examination of us, yes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Admire your altruism but I'd talk to your nearest and dearest about it because most people I'd say would expect a funeral after death so as to say goodbye.

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

It’s an amazing thing to do, but you should discuss it with ur family first and how they feel. As ur body would not be available for a funeral, so they would have to grieve in a different way.

But it is amazing and more people should do it.

Personally I have been to a cadavaric dissection and it’s an amazing learning aid for today’s medical professionals and it’s something that you can’t really experience synthetically. So I do think more people should donate. But obviously it’s personal choice

By *ax1971Man
over a year ago

St helens

They can take whatever parts of me that are any good then cremate me..

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

My body would be a medical example to students on how not to live healthily lol

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"We are happy for some hot nurses do some detailed examination of us, yes "

Is this based on the assumption that they are women?!

over a year ago

"Ever considered donating your body to medical science? Thoughts on it? Personally toying with the idea."
no they wouldn't know what to do with it especially when looking for my brain

By *rs T and HubbyCouple
over a year ago

somewhere north of the border..

I would....if it helps at least one person then I would have done something worth while..

I have made my thoughts/wishes clear re-this to all my family...prevents close family making decisions at a time when they aren't always ready to do so.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"We are happy for some hot nurses do some detailed examination of us, yes

Is this based on the assumption that they are women?!"

No. Bun will have the male and female nurses, I'll just have to make do with the female ones.

over a year ago

"Ever considered donating your body to medical science? Thoughts on it? Personally toying with the idea."

There was a programme on Radio 4 on Wednesday evening about donating your body to medical science and what happens to it, it's uses and the service it's given once they finish with the body. If your thinking about doing it I'd give it a listen as it made me consider doing it. The show is called We Need To Talk About Death and it's on the BBC radio player

over a year ago

The world couldn’t handle dissecting the secrets of this much awesomeness

So no

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No, never considered it. Does medical science want bodies in any number?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ever considered donating your body to medical science? Thoughts on it? Personally toying with the idea.

There was a programme on Radio 4 on Wednesday evening about donating your body to medical science and what happens to it, it's uses and the service it's given once they finish with the body. If your thinking about doing it I'd give it a listen as it made me consider doing it. The show is called We Need To Talk About Death and it's on the BBC radio player"

Ah I didn't see this post. Was it Joan Bakewell?

By *eus n EuropaCouple
over a year ago

Derby

I gave my body to science but im afraid they turned it down !!!!

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I worked at charing Cross and Westminster medical school for a while, the students there almost create a personal bond with the cadaver they are given.

They are all very respectful with it.

Should I get to a ripe old age where my organs are not viable for transplant, I will definitely be given for use in a medical school.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Not sure about body, my brain would be interesting though.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

My parents have both signed the forms to donate their bodies to the University of Leeds. Hopefully they won't die on Christmas Day as the University cannot accept bodies that day!

over a year ago

"My parents have both signed the forms to donate their bodies to the University of Leeds. Hopefully they won't die on Christmas Day as the University cannot accept bodies that day!"

Even Burke and Hare had a day off!

What! Just a bit of levity.

By *orthatry84Couple
over a year ago

cardiff

"Admire your altruism but I'd talk to your nearest and dearest about it because most people I'd say would expect a funeral after death so as to say goodbye. "

Even after donating your body there is still a funeral, it is just delayed. A member of my family was a medical student and they all attended the funeral of the person who had donated so they could learn.

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Organ donation is my first choice but quite happily donate my body to science.

We wouldn't have the doctors and dentists that we have today if they hadn't learned on somebody during their training.

over a year ago

"Admire your altruism but I'd talk to your nearest and dearest about it because most people I'd say would expect a funeral after death so as to say goodbye.

Even after donating your body there is still a funeral, it is just delayed. A member of my family was a medical student and they all attended the funeral of the person who had donated so they could learn."

Didn't know that, love the respectfulness.

over a year ago

Myself..no. I don't want anybody taking any of my bits nor poking about in there. I've never liked the idea and never will. All of me is worm food

over a year ago

"Ever considered donating your body to medical science? Thoughts on it? Personally toying with the idea.

There was a programme on Radio 4 on Wednesday evening about donating your body to medical science and what happens to it, it's uses and the service it's given once they finish with the body. If your thinking about doing it I'd give it a listen as it made me consider doing it. The show is called We Need To Talk About Death and it's on the BBC radio player

Ah I didn't see this post. Was it Joan Bakewell?"

It was, I knew a little about what happens when you donate your body but this was very informative

over a year ago

If happily donate my organs to medical science. No need for them myself!

over a year ago

Nope taking it all with me you need it in hell

By *igertiger OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

There was a programme on Radio 4 on Wednesday evening about donating your body to medical science and what happens to it, it's uses and the service it's given once they finish with the body. If your thinking about doing it I'd give it a listen as it made me consider doing it. The show is called We Need To Talk About Death and it's on the BBC radio player"

Perfect thank you.

over a year ago

I'd like to but not sure it would be worth it to anyone. They could melt me down and make a trillion crayons.

Post new Message to Thread