Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Complaints about the NHS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We've just come back from out hols in Turkey and Mrs Red had the misfortune to be bitten on the hand by a dog while we were away.

We ended up in the State Hospital in Marmaris and it had to be seen to be believed.

I've seen basic first aid stations cleaner and better equipped than this place, it was a real hellhole.

Never again will we say a wrong word about the NHS in the UK, we just don't realise how well off we are.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

..and it'll be even better when we get rid of a complete layer of middle-management and put control back in the hands of those who know their areas - the GPs.

Politics aside, our local - The Queen Elizabeth in Gateshead - is amazing, thier maternity ward has the second best rep in the country and A&E is so clean and efficient. Can't fault the place.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

I can't fault Cheltenham Hospital and Gloucester Womens Unit who are currently looking after my pregnant daughter and making sure she and the little one don't kick the bucket.......

Seriously, she's been soooo ill through this but both hospitals have been fantastic.

And...... must say a huge thank you to Addenbrookes who coped with the last emergency!

over a year ago

Kate had an accident when we were in Spain a couple of years ago and she received superb treatment in the state hospital.

We're off to Turkey in early July, so thanks for the tip

over a year ago

"We've just come back from out hols in Turkey and Mrs Red had the misfortune to be bitten on the hand by a dog while we were away.

We ended up in the State Hospital in Marmaris and it had to be seen to be believed.

I've seen basic first aid stations cleaner and better equipped than this place, it was a real hellhole.

Never again will we say a wrong word about the NHS in the UK, we just don't realise how well off we are."

Hired a scooter there and fell of and ended up in a hospital and i know what you mean. I decided i would clean my self up and get checked out 48 hrs later when i was coming home. It makes you realise how lucky we are here.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"We've just come back from out hols in Turkey and Mrs Red had the misfortune to be bitten on the hand by a dog while we were away.

Never again will we say a wrong word about the NHS in the UK, we just don't realise how well off we are."

Which is what ive always said. People forget that the NHS was set up to eradicate the five giants. Now you can have bloody warts removed on the nhs. What makes me laugh even more is the oldies that can remember pre 1948. aybe they would like it to go back to how it was

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I had to go to hospital in Turkey a couple of years ago and it was one of the cleanest, most modern and efficient hospitals I've ever been in, our NHS is great but is abused and mis managed. There are good and bad everywhere, some hospitals in the UK aren't that great and the treatment that my Mum got when she was in hospital was appalling. Z

Post new Message to Thread