Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum invisibility

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is real! And i think i must be a victim, i've posted on a variety of threads and even started a couple with very little acknowledgement

I'm going to chock it up to the time difference from the UK to the US because I know I'm more interesting than the lack of response implies!

--Red

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

"This is real! And i think i must be a victim, i've posted on a variety of threads and even started a couple with very little acknowledgement

I'm going to chock it up to the time difference from the UK to the US because I know I'm more interesting than the lack of response implies!

--Red"

I'm sure its just the time difference its 5.30am in London .

Your lovely so lovely I Fab a few of your pictures

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"This is real! And i think i must be a victim, i've posted on a variety of threads and even started a couple with very little acknowledgement

--Red"

It's not real.

You'll drive yourself mad if you check posts to see responses. It's just the way of the Internet.

I've posted incredibly interesting things on various forums over the years and got no response at all. I've also posted a load of complete boring nonsense on forums and got loads of replies. It's the way it is - it's not you!

To be fair, one of the threads you started was two hours ago. It's the middle of the night in the UK on a Friday. You do realise the whole nation is d*unk and either sleeping it off, or having rather unsatisfactory sex at this time don't you? Except me that is - I'm sadly doing neither- just replying to marginally interesting threads on a website .

Your threads are kinda specific too - only really going to be a small percentage of users who will feel motivated to comment, or have any attachment to the topic.

Honestly though, relax and take it for what it is. No-one has decided you're not worthy of talking to, or is punishing Anericans because you may well be about to elect a megalomaniac who is going to kill us all etc (apologies if you are a supporter). It's the Internet and the world of online interaction in all its ridiculous glory.

Relax, have fun and pretty soon you'll be inundated with online love from Brits and their bad teeth.

over a year ago

--Red

I'm sure its just the time difference its 5.30am in London .

Your lovely so lovely I Fab a few of your pictures "

Ah! Thank you, knew it had to be the time diff!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Im always getting ignored on the forums. Its quite cliquey.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

--Red"

I fully understand what you are saying and how you feel. I have felt the same but now I just don't care. I was told by a formite poster I wasn't regular enough be noticed so now I post what and when I want.

Don't let it get to you x

over a year ago

--Red

It's not real.

You'll drive yourself mad if you check posts to see responses. It's just the way of the Internet.

I've posted incredibly interesting things on various forums over the years and got no response at all. I've also posted a load of complete boring nonsense on forums and got loads of replies. It's the way it is - it's not you!

To be fair, one of the threads you started was two hours ago. It's the middle of the night in the UK on a Friday. You do realise the whole nation is d*unk and either sleeping it off, or having rather unsatisfactory sex at this time don't you? Except me that is - I'm sadly doing neither- just replying to marginally interesting threads on a website .

Your threads are kinda specific too - only really going to be a small percentage of users who will feel motivated to comment, or have any attachment to the topic.

Honestly though, relax and take it for what it is. No-one has decided you're not worthy of talking to, or is punishing Anericans because you may well be about to elect a megalomaniac who is going to kill us all etc (apologies if you are a supporter). It's the Internet and the world of online interaction in all its ridiculous glory.

Relax, have fun and pretty soon you'll be inundated with online love from Brits and their bad teeth.

."

Not really losing any sleep over my perceived invisibility....just lonely while the hubby is away. Usually I'm content to lurk, but a few drinks by myself had me thinking i could free myself of the cloak of invisibility!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Im always getting ignored on the forums. Its quite cliquey. "

The only clique is the clique of people who think there's a forum clique and get together to moan about it.

over a year ago

"Im always getting ignored on the forums. Its quite cliquey.

The only clique is the clique of people who think there's a forum clique and get together to moan about it.

"

Did somebody say something?

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Im always getting ignored on the forums. Its quite cliquey. "

I would disagree...there's no clique. I think it also depends on what people are also doing at the time x

over a year ago

It's not about receiving loads of useless messages, just have to recognise the real deal when it appears with no sexual fears, not many real swingers here, lot of childish gimps, who ain't even fucked a woman properly

over a year ago

I would disagree...there's no clique. I think it also depends on what people are also doing at the time x"

They're on a different thread - being cliquey.

over a year ago

"It's not about receiving loads of useless messages, just have to recognise the real deal when it appears with no sexual fears, not many real swingers here, lot of childish gimps, who ain't even fucked a woman properly"

And your point is?

over a year ago

Who said that?

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

--Red

It's not real.

Not really losing any sleep over my perceived invisibility....just lonely while the hubby is away. Usually I'm content to lurk, but a few drinks by myself had me thinking i could free myself of the cloak of invisibility! "

Not many people are really going by to be that in love with an 80s film that they post about it in the dead of the night, I fear.

As I said - they're either smashed or apologising to some random person they met in a pub/club for their falling asleep during sex right now.

You're not invisible - you'll post amazing stuff that gets ignored and rubbish stuff that people love. That how it works.

It is an online community though, so it takes a while to build up a presence on there. Stick at it - pretty soon there'll be loads of people going "ah, that's our American friend who looks great in a one-piece black bodysuit thingy".

I've often felt a bit left out on forums on websites. Then it dawned on me that it was unlikely people had worked me out already and thought "we're not interacting with that Welsh idiot". It's just the way it is online.

Do you honestly think there's people going "bloody American - I've never seen here before, we're not talking to her. She might start singing Garth Brooks songs"? People just pick up on certain posts and not others, with little rhyme nor reason.

Anyway, great news - you've got people talking. Admittedly it's the lonely Brits who have no lives (certainly no sex lives), but it's a start I guess.

Hi, I'm D - I'm a Welsh idiot. Nice to meet you. I hate Footloose though

over a year ago

--Red

It's not real.

Not really losing any sleep over my perceived invisibility....just lonely while the hubby is away. Usually I'm content to lurk, but a few drinks by myself had me thinking i could free myself of the cloak of invisibility!

Not many people are really going by to be that in love with an 80s film that they post about it in the dead of the night, I fear.

As I said - they're either smashed or apologising to some random person they met in a pub/club for their falling asleep during sex right now.

You're not invisible - you'll post amazing stuff that gets ignored and rubbish stuff that people love. That how it works.

It is an online community though, so it takes a while to build up a presence on there. Stick at it - pretty soon there'll be loads of people going "ah, that's our American friend who looks great in a one-piece black bodysuit thingy".

I've often felt a bit left out on forums on websites. Then it dawned on me that it was unlikely people had worked me out already and thought "we're not interacting with that Welsh idiot". It's just the way it is online.

Do you honestly think there's people going "bloody American - I've never seen here before, we're not talking to her. She might start singing Garth Brooks songs"? People just pick up on certain posts and not others, with little rhyme nor reason.

Anyway, great news - you've got people talking. Admittedly it's the lonely Brits who have no lives (certainly no sex lives), but it's a start I guess.

"

Ive never even seen Footloose.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Who said that? "

Ha ha - I meant to say that, damn you.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

--Red

It's not real.

Ive never even seen Footloose. "

No great loss really.

It was huge when we were kids though. I was a spotty teenager when it was released - was definitely wearing a "cloak of invisibility" in the real world when it came to girls around that time.

over a year ago

The Footloose post was my lame attempt at humor...obviously not my best material. But it really is a classic

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The Footloose post was my lame attempt at humor...obviously not my best material. But it really is a classic "

It's 6 o'clock in the morning and I have that bloody Kenny Loggins sing going round and round in my head thanks to you and your amazing American boobs.

I'll have to sing a Garth Brooks song to get imrid of it

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"The Footloose post was my lame attempt at humor...obviously not my best material. But it really is a classic "

I've never seen the whole film.

Dirty Dancing, on the other hand...

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

--Red

It's not real.

Not really losing any sleep over my perceived invisibility....just lonely while the hubby is away. Usually I'm content to lurk, but a few drinks by myself had me thinking i could free myself of the cloak of invisibility! "

Well the cloaks off and the view is well and truly lovely

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The Footloose post was my lame attempt at humor...obviously not my best material. But it really is a classic

I've never seen the whole film.

Dirty Dancing, on the other hand..."

Dreadful film and the girls had the soundtrack on constant rotation on the 6th form hi-fi in school for two years (when they weren't too busy ignoring me, or mocking my cloak of invisibility).

No prizes for guessing what song I have going round my head now. Cheers for that

over a year ago

--Red"

I am sure you are very interesting, and on my account, I am only looking to make a select few friends, ones I can meet up with, enjoy a drink, chat and the pleasure of their company

as nice as you may be you are a long distance away and I suspect we would never meet, which is part of the reason I am on the forum.

over a year ago

I would disagree...there's no clique. I think it also depends on what people are also doing at the time x"

And I very much agree with the first post.

There is most definitely a clique on here, it can be like a school playground.

Two people Can say exactly the same thing.

If however one of those happens to be one of the popular kid's then everyone comments.

The other post is ignored.

People say that there is no clique just forum regulars.

I have been posting on here pretty much daily for almost three years.

Yet still in the main most of my post's are ignored.

That said, most of what I say is taking the piss and criticism of the sycophantic nature of the site.

So it's probably justified.

I have started many thread's that have had lots of comments and some with zero response.

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse if I am not popular. In fact I prefer it that way.

Look at the happy birthday threads on here and you will find out who are the popular one's.

Maybe some people have to much time on their hands

Don't stress it.

Being invisible has its upsides.

over a year ago

its the invisible ink syndrome

over a year ago

--Red"

It's more than likely the time difference, however sometimes if you're face doesn't fit or you have pissed off someone they like you will get ignored.

over a year ago

Just go with the flow........ That's how I roll

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I would disagree...there's no clique. I think it also depends on what people are also doing at the time x

If however one of those happens to be one of the popular kid's then everyone comments.

That said, most of what I say is taking the piss and criticism of the sycophantic nature of the site.

I have started many thread's that have had lots of comments and some with zero response.

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse if I am not popular. In fact I prefer it that way.

Look at the happy birthday threads on here and you will find out who are the popular one's.

Don't stress it.

Being invisible has its upsides. "

I honestly think Fab is way less cliquey than most websites. I'm surprised it's not much more like that given the subject matter.

I'm not saying there isn't some element of it, but mostly it's just that certain posters have become well-known over time and built up a good reputation, or people know each other/have met in real life.

I've noticed that the best known posters often get a birthday thread and replies. Personally, I think that's fine and just reflects the fact they have built up a good friendship base.

I'm far from a regular, but feel well treated on here. Also, I've noticed lots of serious threads in the lounge where the advice and support given had been excellent.

The last two threads you've started have been well enough supported. Pretty impressive, especially given that you didn't post again to them . The last one has 25 replies despite being a pretty random non-swinging subject (don't get me wrong, I think that kind of thread is cool). Doesn't point to people thinking you're not worthy of interacting with.

Red - don't be put off. My personal opinion is that the clique thing is easy to imagine, but is overplayed. Take your time on here, don't worry if you don't get responses (particularly

given time differences) and I'm sure you'll enjoy the forums.

over a year ago

Don't stress it.

Being invisible has its upsides. "

Spot on!

over a year ago

who gives a fiddler's elbow?

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple
over a year ago

home sweet home

--Red"

It's probably the time difference. I'm on the forums and lot and I still get ignore sometime.

Btw fancy a fuck?

MrsSB

over a year ago

--Red

It's probably the time difference. I'm on the forums and lot and I still get ignore sometime.

Btw fancy a fuck?

MrsSB "

You never get ignored.

Yes I do fancy a fuck.

over a year ago

Please don't be glum chum.

I post threads and the tumble s roll, and I have been accused of being one of the in crowd.lol

Just be patient, chat and join in threads and enjoy being part of our mad , fun , silly world

Keep positive

Taff

over a year ago

"Please don't be glum chum.

I post threads and the tumble s roll, and I have been accused of being one of the in crowd.lol

Just be patient, chat and join in threads and enjoy being part of our mad , fun , silly world

Keep positive

Taff

"

the brat pack kind of thing?

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

the brat pack kind of thing? "

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?"

l want to be Carl the Janny. Breakfast Club fan in the house!

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Not with those boobs.

over a year ago

Don't stress it.

I honestly think Fab is way less cliquey than most websites. I'm surprised it's not much more like that given the subject matter.

I'm not saying there isn't some element of it, but mostly it's just that certain posters have become well-known over time and built up a good reputation, or people know each other/have met in real life.

I've noticed that the best known posters often get a birthday thread and replies. Personally, I think that's fine and just reflects the fact they have built up a good friendship base.

I'm far from a regular, but feel well treated on here. Also, I've noticed lots of serious threads in the lounge where the advice and support given had been excellent.

The last two threads you've started have been well enough supported. Pretty impressive, especially given that you didn't post again to them . The last one has 25 replies despite being a pretty random non-swinging subject (don't get me wrong, I think that kind of thread is cool). Doesn't point to people thinking you're not worthy of interacting with.

Red - don't be put off. My personal opinion is that the clique thing is easy to imagine, but is overplayed. Take your time on here, don't worry if you don't get responses (particularly

"

I love your posts

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs. "

I rather enjoyed Young Guns

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple
over a year ago

home sweet home

--Red

Btw fancy a fuck?

MrsSB

You never get ignored.

Yes I do fancy a fuck. "

Seriously. If I put anything serious. Nobody takes notice.

Do you know?

MrsSB

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

I wanna be (on) Andrew Mcarthy.

Such an intense teen crush.

over a year ago

"It's not about receiving loads of useless messages, just have to recognise the real deal when it appears with no sexual fears, not many real swingers here, lot of childish gimps, who ain't even fucked a woman properly"

Meooooooow!!

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs.

I rather enjoyed Young Guns "

was it Lou Diamond Philips in that?

What happened to him?

over a year ago

"It's not about receiving loads of useless messages, just have to recognise the real deal when it appears with no sexual fears, not many real swingers here, lot of childish gimps, who ain't even fucked a woman properly

Meooooooow!!"

The bitterness shines through... lol

over a year ago

When I post from this profile, I get different responses to those from my single profile- which I find interesting!

over a year ago

--Red

Btw fancy a fuck?

MrsSB

You never get ignored.

Yes I do fancy a fuck.

Seriously. If I put anything serious. Nobody takes notice.

Do you know?

MrsSB "

I confess to never having noticed your serious ones, so it must be true.

Yes...yes I do.

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs.

What happened to him?

"

Oh Wikipedia says he is a bit of a wife beater.

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs.

What happened to him?

Oh Wikipedia says he is a bit of a wife beater. "

Ohh not good.

over a year ago

I wear an invisabilty cloak.

Your time difference may be factor, your personality might stink, people might not fancy you. (All jokes)

Some post get more replies, some threads get to 175 quicker than others.

Post something controversial, people remember your name then.

Remember that lad in work? That lad who didn't really get in any trouble, was always nice, what's his name? Yeh, that's how things are.

Am I a little cynical this morning?

Really though, the forums are a nice place, but this post proves people will

Talk to you.

(I can't believe nobody has said 'not another look at me thread!)

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs.

What happened to him?

Oh Wikipedia says he is a bit of a wife beater. "

Not a nice chap at all

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Not with those boobs.

What happened to him?

Oh Wikipedia says he is a bit of a wife beater.

Not a nice chap at all"

nope

but he's forged a career nonetheless.

over a year ago

--Red"

It's not just you.

I started a thread first thing yesterday morning.

24 hours later it has zero comments.

It's not personal, sometimes the thread's just lost in other stuff going on.

It depends who's online and if it's a subject that interests them.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

By *ussetdevilCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

l want to be Carl the Janny. Breakfast Club fan in the house!"

Love the breakfast club..... Total.crush on the dude with the long hair, can't remember his name but wow.....

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Say something obnoxious people will notice then

over a year ago

--Red"

It's not just you.

Some threads are well commented on for all the wrong reasons too.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

over a year ago

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Love the breakfast club..... Total.crush on the dude with the long hair, can't remember his name but wow....."

Judd Nelson I think.

over a year ago

--Red

It's not just you.

Don't lose any sleep over it. "

jaysus really?

you?

ignored?

well slap my face and call me Lily!

By *ussetdevilCouple
over a year ago

Swindon

Keep positive

Taff

Can I be Emilio Estevez?

Love the breakfast club..... Total.crush on the dude with the long hair, can't remember his name but wow.....

Judd Nelson I think. "

That's him.... Many thanks

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

--Red

It's not just you.

Don't lose any sleep over it. "

Is there a parrot in here...

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Don't stress it.

I love your posts "

Ditto Miss I

There's definitely idiots around on here, but I think it's generally more people taking more notice of posts from people who they recognise, or know. That's pretty much natural.

If I see "Miss Innocent" above a post I always pay more attention because I know you and I'm intrigued as to what drivel you're spouting that day .

Only joking - thanks and I love your posts too

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

More natural to concentrate on posters they recognise than an attempt to exclude/ignore others, I mean.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

It happens all the time. Usually when I feel like I've made a good or mildly funny point and it gets utterly ignored until someone else says the same thing later and people start quoting it left, right and centre. I get skipped so often on a 'poster above' thread I now expect it and sometimes see how many times I can get that to happen in one thread if I'm bored enough (the record is currently 8 times). I just post regardless; the forums are for everyone and I am one of the everyones.

over a year ago

Don't stress it.

I love your posts

Ditto Miss I

There's definitely idiots around on here, but I think it's generally more people taking more notice of posts from people who they recognise, or know. That's pretty much natural.

If I see "Miss Innocent" above a post I always pay more attention because I know you and I'm intrigued as to what drivel you're spouting that day .

Only joking - thanks and I love your posts too "

I do post a lot of drivel

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. Usually when I feel like I've made a good or mildly funny point and it gets utterly ignored until someone else says the same thing later and people start quoting it left, right and centre. I get skipped so often on a 'poster above' thread I now expect it and sometimes see how many times I can get that to happen in one thread if I'm bored enough (the record is currently 8 times). I just post regardless; the forums are for everyone and I am one of the everyones."

I thought I was the only person to do that, my record is 5

over a year ago

--Red"

I think you may be on to something. I just posted a reply on your other one. I thought it was funny. Not a sausage!!

But it's time difference and the thread always twists and turns away from the original thread.

over a year ago

"

All forums go though stages of being / feeling cliquey. Currently it feels less so on here than a few months ago, which is good.

However, I don't think it's intentional as they probably don't realise how they come across to an 'outsider'.

over a year ago

over a year ago

You just have to do your own thing.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

People used to moan about this years ago and after nearly 4 years away from Fab I'm beginning to see what they mean. Getting noticed on the forums is a nightmare sometimes

Oh well.....will persevere .

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. Usually when I feel like I've made a good or mildly funny point and it gets utterly ignored until someone else says the same thing later and people start quoting it left, right and centre. I get skipped so often on a 'poster above' thread I now expect it and sometimes see how many times I can get that to happen in one thread if I'm bored enough (the record is currently 8 times). I just post regardless; the forums are for everyone and I am one of the everyones."

proved by my post above. (Completely past over) People have their own little conversations between themselves. You begin to feel

Like a 'heckler' at a show.

I'm not bothered. I come here for my own thing, I get out of it what I need.

Just like movies, if it wasn't for the supporting acts, the Stars wouldn't have s blockbuster.

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. Usually when I feel like I've made a good or mildly funny point and it gets utterly ignored until someone else says the same thing later and people start quoting it left, right and centre. I get skipped so often on a 'poster above' thread I now expect it and sometimes see how many times I can get that to happen in one thread if I'm bored enough (the record is currently 8 times). I just post regardless; the forums are for everyone and I am one of the everyones.

proved by my post above. (Completely past over) People have their own little conversations between themselves. You begin to feel

Just like movies, if it wasn't for the supporting acts, the Stars wouldn't have s blockbuster. "

how do you know it's been past over?

it may have been read and digested but not everyone can be bothered to leave a comment.

x

over a year ago

I do this too!!! I think I've managed 4 times...must try harder

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. Usually when I feel like I've made a good or mildly funny point and it gets utterly ignored until someone else says the same thing later and people start quoting it left, right and centre. I get skipped so often on a 'poster above' thread I now expect it and sometimes see how many times I can get that to happen in one thread if I'm bored enough (the record is currently 8 times). I just post regardless; the forums are for everyone and I am one of the everyones.

I thought I was the only person to do that, my record is 5 "

.....just so you don't feel I'm not acknowledging your comment too

over a year ago

Just like movies, if it wasn't for the supporting acts, the Stars wouldn't have s blockbuster. "

I often read and agree with a post but don't necessarily comment to say that, because it doesn't really add anything to the thread.

over a year ago

"It s). I

Just like movies, if it wasn't for the supporting acts, the Stars wouldn't have s blockbuster.

it may have been read and digested but not everyone can be bothered to leave a comment.

x"

Sorry. Isn't that the point I just written about. 'Can't be bothered, is the same as ignoring.

I'm not expecting, or asking anybody to fall over themselves to talk to me, or acknowledge me. But I do see Op's post. It's easy to feel your talking to yourself. I think you'll agree, some posts move so fast, your posts are amongst s bunch of others, and it's pot luck if somebody picks up on them.

over a year ago

"It s). I

x

Sorry. Isn't that the point I just written about. 'Can't be bothered, is the same as ignoring.

I'm not expecting, or asking anybody to fall over themselves to talk to me, or acknowledge me. But I do see Op's post. It's easy to feel your talking to yourself. I think you'll agree, some posts move so fast, your posts are amongst s bunch of others, and it's pot luck if somebody picks up on them. "

aaahhhhh

who cares?!

over a year ago

"It s). I

s bunch of others, and it's pot luck if somebody picks up on them.

aaahhhhh

who cares?!"

Haha.

over a year ago

Love all the replies! And definitely wish tone was easier to convey because I do not take any of this seriously and I know being across the world is going to mean alot of people just do not have time to spend on me and my silly opinions.....I was simply killing time last night

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

--Red"

Use large words, or long sentences. Nothing gets people responding like that.

over a year ago

Just post something controversial, the thread will fill up with responses in record time

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"

This is spot on

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

There aren't a lot of controversial threads these days. I have logged on for more days and found nothing to post to than I have found something of interest here. Not sure if its the introduction of the politics thread which means there is now a grey area but the inane threads have displaced some interesting banter, mores the pity.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Not sure if its the introduction of the politics thread which means there is now a grey area but the inane threads have displaced some interesting banter, mores the pity. "

I think you're right about that.

over a year ago

I often try to post something funny. Sometimes it's missed.

More often than not though I'll have a look down the thread and I'll get a PMSL or LMAO comment.

I suppose it depends on the subject matter. Some threads will hit 175 in 30 minutes.(usually a grenade that's been bunged in or a newbie being a donut) Some are destined to crash and burn.

That's fab.

over a year ago

--Red

Use large words, or long sentences. Nothing gets people responding like that."

I speak and even text in large words and long sentences....that's just how i am, annoys the hell out of my kids

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It happens to all of us, it's not personal... except when it is.

Just post. If people want to join you they will.

I often kill threads or end up talking to myself (see the Paralympics thread, for instance).

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"It s). I

x

I'm not expecting, or asking anybody to fall over themselves to talk to me, or acknowledge me. But I do see Op's post. It's easy to feel your talking to yourself. I think you'll agree, some posts move so fast, your posts are amongst s bunch of others, and it's pot luck if somebody picks up on them. "

It could just mean that no one has anything to add to what you have said. Or, just maybe, they want to post their own shit.

over a year ago

"It s). I

I'm not expecting, or asking anybody to fall over themselves to talk to me, or acknowledge me. But I do see Op's post. It's easy to feel your talking to yourself. I think you'll agree, some posts move so fast, your posts are amongst s bunch of others, and it's pot luck if somebody picks up on them.

It could just mean that no one has anything to add to what you have said. Or, just maybe, they want to post their own shit.

"

Yes it could.

over a year ago

"There aren't a lot of controversial threads these days. I have logged on for more days and found nothing to post to than I have found something of interest here. Not sure if its the introduction of the politics thread which means there is now a grey area but the inane threads have displaced some interesting banter, mores the pity. "

Post new Message to Thread