Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stuck for ideas.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey everyone. I know some may feel this isn't the best place to ask. But fuck it I'm gonna ask anyway.

It's my nans 80th birthday coming up soon and I have no idea what to get her for her birthday. My dad passed away 2 years ago so I can't really ask him...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would much be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Organise a meal somewhere and have all the family attend

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman
over a year ago

nottingham

Find somewhere really lovely and take her for afternoon tea, have a bouquet of flowers waiting there for her on arrival?

over a year ago

Hip/knee replacement?

over a year ago

Something handmade would go down a treat. You can get some awesome ideas online - maybe a pottery workshop where you can make her a teacup or plate. A group family photo? You can get reasonably priced shoots with a bit of shopping around. A new bedding set?

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

how about making a memory photo album with captions, like a scrapbook, with all the family and pets and places she liked in it..might spark off some really great stories and laughter and shell be able to look at it any time she wants xx

over a year ago

"Organise a meal somewhere and have all the family attend"

Always a winning idea.

over a year ago

I forgot to mention my uncle and aunts are surprising her and taking her out for afternoon tea.

None of us grandkids are invited...

over a year ago

"Hip/knee replacement? "

over a year ago

when my mum was 80 we took her to the zoo as that was her favourite place!

afterwards we had a big family meal in a nice hotel..

over a year ago

"how about making a memory photo album with captions, like a scrapbook, with all the family and pets and places she liked in it..might spark off some really great stories and laughter and shell be able to look at it any time she wants xx"

Love this idea xx

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Maybe a locket with photos of those not around to celebrate her so they are with her always - assuming your dad was your nans son ?

Then maybe a nice day out, steam train journey, afternoon tea or the likes .... flowers, chocs and lots of cuddles

over a year ago

Some kind of ornament? My nan has hundreds! A candle maybe? Or like a cardigan or some slippers.

By *ove bi guysWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"how about making a memory photo album with captions, like a scrapbook, with all the family and pets and places she liked in it..might spark off some really great stories and laughter and shell be able to look at it any time she wants xx"

We did this, it was amazing to see her fo through it and remember those passed birthdays/ Christmases etc with such energy and love.... raised more than a few laughs too

By *arksidesubCouple
over a year ago

not far from you..

"Find somewhere really lovely and take her for afternoon tea, have a bouquet of flowers waiting there for her on arrival? "

Lovely idea..I did this with my mother in law although we brought her a gold locket necklace with our daughters photo in it one side & my husband in it the other side.

I hope your grandma has a beautiful day whatever you do! Enjoy!

Bambi xx

over a year ago

If go for a day out, afternoon tea somewhere nice and then take her somewhere that may be special to her from her younger days, oldies like to reminisce x

over a year ago

Take her to see The Dreamboys

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

It's my Mum's 80th next month and we've had lots of pictures taken by a family friend of the grandchildren on the beach, in the forest, at home, no posed pictures all natural ones so she can look at them and remember what she can as she has early Alzheimer's.

over a year ago

"Maybe a locket with photos of those not around to celebrate her so they are with her always - assuming your dad was your nans son ?

Then maybe a nice day out, steam train journey, afternoon tea or the likes .... flowers, chocs and lots of cuddles "

Yeah. My dad was her first born too.

I'm gonna have to look through my photos.

over a year ago

"It's my Mum's 80th next month and we've had lots of pictures taken by a family friend of the grandchildren on the beach, in the forest, at home, no posed pictures all natural ones so she can look at them and remember what she can as she has early Alzheimer's. "

That's beautiful x

over a year ago

On a very well known website at the start of the alphabet there is a selection of sweets from the 1940's so she can share some of her memories as a child. Sugar always helps you remember

By *erfectlyPervertedCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Loads of really good suggestions (excepting the surgical) already.

We organised a really successful 80th birthday celebration last year with dinner in a very special restaurant, with family and neighbours, then back home for vintage Champagne and home-made cake.

Flowers, really fantastic chocolates and family will, always, go down well.

Love your profile, photographs and ink!

Tank Girl

over a year ago

"Loads of really good suggestions (excepting the surgical) already.

We organised a really successful 80th birthday celebration last year with dinner in a very special restaurant, with family and neighbours, then back home for vintage Champagne and home-made cake.

Flowers, really fantastic chocolates and family will, always, go down well.

Love your profile, photographs and ink!

Tank Girl

"

Thank you

By *ootballFlowerCouple
over a year ago

Ollerton

How about a nice printed canvas with random pictures of family on it.

over a year ago

get her a stripper

over a year ago

Bottle of whisky if she was anything like my gran!

over a year ago

I reckon at 80 she'll already have all the photos and keepsakes she wants, I think oldies appreciate company more than anything, take her for a day out somewhere special to her from her younger days maybe, just spend a nice day with her and make a fuss

over a year ago

Do a little bit of family tree work for her x

over a year ago

My mum and dad got a clock for their wedding anniversary and it had their wedding picture on it.....it was etched and really well done....I didn't know it was etched at first because it was so real like.....also you can get an album made up....like bunty and you upload your photos and put your own words.....it's like a this is your life book ....one of my residents has it and it's one of the best things I've seen....going to get it for my mum and dads 50th anniversary next year x

Post new Message to Thread