Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Naming children

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know its a celeb thing and their choice - but Mylene Klass new baby daughter is said to be named Hero Harper Quinn.

Her other daughter is named Ava - what a contrast. I hope its the rumour mill because as mad celeb names go thats one of the zaniest in my eyes ....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

celebrities can get away with it.

it's when you hear the chav in tesco's,

screaming moon beam,dont fuckin touch that.

it's so wrong.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I know its a celeb thing and their choice - but Mylene Klass new baby daughter is said to be named Hero Harper Quinn.

Her other daughter is named Ava - what a contrast. I hope its the rumour mill because as mad celeb names go thats one of the zaniest in my eyes .... "

Hero is actually a very old greek girl's name, as in the legend of Hero & Leander.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"celebrities can get away with it.

it's so wrong. "

so mdfil, you don't approve of Lambrini Zircona as a name for your new grand-daughter?

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

My pregnant daughter has allowed Jason to choose the name of her unborn son.....

I know what it is and its a bit odd!

But not as odd as Zowie Bowie!

over a year ago

it's so wrong. "

I know! Surely the curse should come first and the name last. As in ........

Fucking desist in fingering the goods, Moonbeam.

over a year ago

Huh well my dad wanted ta call me either Xerxes (Zerksees)or Troy

Troy maybe but thank god fa me mum that time xx

over a year ago

If i was a boy i was going to be called Richard.. what an awful name, so glad mum called me Kimberly

over a year ago

"If i was a boy i was going to be called Richard.. what an awful name, so glad mum called me Kimberly "
bit girlie for a boy lol

over a year ago

My dad chose my name. What he didn't tell my mum at the time was that he'd named me after one of his ex girlfriends!

over a year ago

"My dad chose my name. What he didn't tell my mum at the time was that he'd named me after one of his ex girlfriends! "

over a year ago

"If i was a boy i was going to be called Richard.. what an awful name, so glad mum called me Kimberly bit girlie for a boy lol"

thats cos i am a ladyyyy (although some would question that) lol

over a year ago

"If i was a boy i was going to be called Richard.. what an awful name, so glad mum called me Kimberly bit girlie for a boy lol

thats cos i am a ladyyyy (although some would question that) lol"

too be a ladyyy you need a tache

over a year ago

"My dad chose my name. What he didn't tell my mum at the time was that he'd named me after one of his ex girlfriends! "

oh dear! lmao..

I was named after Kimberly Clark.. when my mum was pregnant she always needed the loo and in public toilets there were 'Kimberly Clark' toilet roll/hand soap dispensers

over a year ago

Yeh he didn't confess till I was 26 when I was thinking of names for my daughter. He told me on the quiet. Still don't think my mother knows!!!

I'm not gonna tell her.

over a year ago

"My dad chose my name. What he didn't tell my mum at the time was that he'd named me after one of his ex girlfriends!

oh dear! lmao..

I was named after Kimberly Clark.. when my mum was pregnant she always needed the loo and in public toilets there were 'Kimberly Clark' toilet roll/hand soap dispensers "

pmsl

over a year ago

"My dad chose my name. What he didn't tell my mum at the time was that he'd named me after one of his ex girlfriends!

Yeh he didn't confess till I was 26 when I was thinking of names for my daughter. He told me on the quiet. Still don't think my mother knows!!!

I'm not gonna tell her."

I think thats a wise choice for yer dads sake lol

over a year ago

I chose my daughters name because i hoped she would have auburn/red hair.. and thankfully she does :D

think Amber suits her perfectly.. :D

over a year ago

I'm not gonna tell her.I think thats a wise choice for yer dads sake lol"

Yeh my mum may be little but she can be a little scary. Its a good job I like my name. Funny thing is when he went and registered me he spelt it incorrectly to. So instead of the usual a its spelt with an e lol

over a year ago

"I chose my daughters name because i hoped she would have auburn/red hair.. and thankfully she does :D

think Amber suits her perfectly.. :D "

Hope she stays that way for ya babe

When i was born until i was three years old i had blond hair and deep blue eyes xx

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"I chose my daughters name because i hoped she would have auburn/red hair.. and thankfully she does :D

think Amber suits her perfectly.. :D

Hope she stays that way for ya babe

When i was born until i was three years old i had blond hair and deep blue eyes xx "

now you are grey, balding and have a squint

over a year ago

Im naturally red also, was worried because her 'dad' has very dark brown hair.. she deffo has my colouring, for the time being. Amber will always look gorgeous to me though

over a year ago

I'm not gonna tell her.I think thats a wise choice for yer dads sake lol

Yeh my mum may be little but she can be a little scary. Its a good job I like my name. Funny thing is when he went and registered me he spelt it incorrectly to. So instead of the usual a its spelt with an e lol"

oh i hate it when people spell my name incorrectly (like on my driving lisence...)

Im a Kimberly.. not a Kimberley.

over a year ago

The good thing about my name is it cant be shortened xx

over a year ago

My ex and I had decided on a name for my daughter and I took one look at her my mum asked me her name and I chose something totally differnt than agreed!!! It just suited her better than the one we had chosen.

I named my twins before they were born. I even knew which one was which. My ex wasn't interested in chosing their names so I got what I wanted.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"My ex and I had decided on a name for my daughter and I took one look at her my mum asked me her name and I chose something totally differnt than agreed!!! It just suited her better than the one we had chosen.

I named my twins before they were born. I even knew which one was which. My ex wasn't interested in chosing their names so I got what I wanted. "

Done this with my daughter also as when she was born the name was too big for her

over a year ago

My eldest lad was named after a beer and now he hates being called Hieniken

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

at least you didn't call him Stella

over a year ago

my daughter is kinda beer related also... the Amber nectar that is Fosters lol

over a year ago

"The good thing about my name is it cant be shortened xx "

erm it can... Soap DUH lol

over a year ago

His grandma had a brewery mirror on her wall and we told him thats who he's named after Joshua Tetley, but in reality his name was actually picked the moment his head popped out.

over a year ago

No i think there has been much worse and if i hadnt been to Chams last night, i could think of a few

over a year ago

Whenever our son is being yappy with Kate and me, we tell him that he should thank us for not naming him Rupert

over a year ago

We kept arguing about the name of our daughter so the midwife named her..our son is named after someone famous

over a year ago

"We kept arguing about the name of our daughter so the midwife named her..our son is named after someone famous"

Donald Duck?

over a year ago

adolf.....

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Attila??

over a year ago

"Attila??"
Suits you sir

over a year ago

Right off to see the little sod play footie

over a year ago

Apparently 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese!

It's not me so its either my Mum, my Dad, my brother John or my brother Ching Chong Chow.

I think it's John.

over a year ago

"The good thing about my name is it cant be shortened xx "

Is that a good thing Cray ??

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/11 11:33:15]

over a year ago

"The good thing about my name is it cant be shortened xx

Is that a good thing Cray ??"

Naa that dont work lolxx

over a year ago

we can make it longer craigey waigey

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i choose my daughters name as lost my father in law 6 weeks before she was born and it was his fav girls name jayne amanda and she is a beautiful girl and very caring as now its just me and her

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think I may have had a bit of post natal madness as my daughters middle name came from a pizza menu!

Her first name was sorted throughout the preganancy and thankfully it suited her

I still hav'nt forgiven my own mother for my first and middle names though,very odd they are

over a year ago

"I think I may have had a bit of post natal madness as my daughters middle name came from a pizza menu!

Her first name was sorted throughout the preganancy and thankfully it suited her

I still hav'nt forgiven my own mother for my first and middle names though,very odd they are

"

Meat Feast?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"I think I may have had a bit of post natal madness as my daughters middle name came from a pizza menu!

Meat Feast?"

spicy hot one!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

it's so wrong. "

i was in tescos once and heard 'Chanel, tell Levi to put that down!!!'

my friend works in a school and they had a child there called Satan

over a year ago

I hated the name my parents gave me and as soon as I was old enough I legally changed it to something I like.

over a year ago

it's so wrong.

i was in tescos once and heard 'Chanel, tell Levi to put that down!!!'

my friend works in a school and they had a child there called Satan "

A mate's wife is a teaching assistant in Southwark..There was once a little girl there called Queen Anne

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Are you allowed to register a child with a name like satan?

over a year ago

names cannot have numerals in them or be deemed offensive...although who decides what is offensive?

a couple were banned from calling their child 4Real...4real! ffs.they should be banned from having kids..for real

over a year ago

From The Metro:

A New Zealand judge has chastised two parents for calling their 9-year-old girl Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.

Family Court Judge Rob Murfitt cited a list of unfortunate names that he said were embarrassing or made children seem foolish among their peers.

Some names, including Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit, were blocked by registration officials, he said.

But others were allowed, including Number 16 Bus Shelter, Benson and Hedges (twins), Midnight Chardonnay, Hitler, Cinderella Beauty Blossom "and tragically, Violence," the judge said.

twins called benson and hedges..classic

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Some of those are really funny,do you think number 16 bus shelter was where the baby was conceived

over a year ago

"From The Metro:

A New Zealand judge has chastised two parents for calling their 9-year-old girl Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.

Family Court Judge Rob Murfitt cited a list of unfortunate names that he said were embarrassing or made children seem foolish among their peers.

Some names, including Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Stallion, Twisty Poi, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit, were blocked by registration officials, he said.

But others were allowed, including Number 16 Bus Shelter, Benson and Hedges (twins), Midnight Chardonnay, Hitler, Cinderella Beauty Blossom "and tragically, Violence," the judge said.

twins called benson and hedges..classic

"

my daughter wanted to name her 3rd girl talulah (without the doing the hula bit !) and we talked her out of it but shes loud fiesty and so funny she would really have suited that name !!

over a year ago

I think the American Indians have a good method for naming their children.

When a child is born the father takes the infant out of the teepee and calls it after the first thing he sees.

Two Dogs Shagging has a rather unfortunate life ahead of him.

The Aussies are quite modern in their approach to naming their kids though. They give them names as to what they aspire them to become:

Big Tits for a girl and Opening Batsman for a son.

By *oDownEasyMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

One of my boys is called Cameron, after the name of a truck firm we were following on the M6 on the way home.Good thing for him we weren't following an Eddie Stobart truck, or even worse...a Norbert Dentresangle one!!

over a year ago

"I know its a celeb thing and their choice - but Mylene Klass new baby daughter is said to be named Hero Harper Quinn.

Her other daughter is named Ava - what a contrast. I hope its the rumour mill because as mad celeb names go thats one of the zaniest in my eyes ....

Hero is actually a very old greek girl's name, as in the legend of Hero & Leander.

"

Yes, Im always interested in name origins and words and knew of the mythology. The meaning of the word Hero is 'Brave and Noble' hence its useage today in the definition sense and therefore sounds masculine to me. I suppose the female equivalent, heroine is a bit dodgy even for the celebs

Two names which are similar in origin to Hero are Ethel and Ada - I bet they were considered too old fashioned.

One of the most beautiful meanings I love is 'delicacy and tenderness' but that would mean calling a daughter Edna also another old fashioned name, not usually seen these days.

Ethel, Ada and Edna are all beautiful name meanings but conjure up imagery of Les Dawson!

My christian names mean pure white lily, star of the sea and clear/bright - or could mean optimistic parents!!

For all Maeve Binchy fans - her name means 'The D*unken One'

Do you know what your christian names mean, everyone?

over a year ago

meaning of my name The Listener , never realy use my full name as it get shortend, if i was a boy i would have been a tony lol

over a year ago

Thats a really nice name meaning. Anthony from which Tony is derived means 'protector' - can't be bad being thought of as a protecting and listening type of person

over a year ago

hehhe elycia not my real name ,one of my char name of wow .lol

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

My name is French and is the female version of Yves. Which comes from the German word for Yew.

As Yew wood was used for making bows, it denotes an Archer.

I was amazed to find out that in Freance it is considered an old fashioned name

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

mine means "friendly person" and was popularised by JM Barrie when he wrote Peter Pan

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"mine means "friendly person" and was popularised by JM Barrie when he wrote Peter Pan"

So ok, whats ya real name

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My mother couldnt have choosen a more perfect name for me.

Karen means pure and unsulled.

Callum means dove which signifies peace

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"hehhe elycia not my real name ,one of my char name of wow .lol"

theres another Wow player here besides me. didnt think that was possible

over a year ago

never looked up what my name means.. be right back..

Kimberly - ruler

lol.. i disagree

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

daughter's name is Greek for 'young green shoot'. Traits are ambitious, independent with an irresistible personality.

She must get that from her mum

over a year ago

posh is having a girl .... love to know what names she going for. What about Nicole Kidman she called her little girl Sunday Rose her fist name sunday do you think thay call her that all the time ?

over a year ago

"daughter's name is Greek for 'young green shoot'. Traits are ambitious, independent with an irresistible personality.

She must get that from her mum "

omg im going insane at a glance i thought that said 'greek yoghurt'

i need help lol

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"If i was a boy i was going to be called Richard.. what an awful name, so glad mum called me Kimberly "

i was going to be Graham! Apologies to any Grahams out there but im glad i was a girl!

over a year ago

i am named after my Nanna. I didn't inflict the name after a family member on my daughter. I had a name chosen for her, then changed it. The registrar wrote it down wrongly though and gave her a first name and middle name. It was meant to all be one name. EmmaLouise was meant to be her name. So it could have been shortened to Elouise. But she got named Emma(first name) Louise (middle name).

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Her other daughter is named Ava - what a contrast. I hope its the rumour mill because as mad celeb names go thats one of the zaniest in my eyes .... "

Stupid name done purely for effect...probably on the advice of her publicist

over a year ago

............. "

Puir wean. The mother has shown a distinct lack of klass on this one.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"posh is having a girl .... love to know what names she going for. What about Nicole Kidman she called her little girl Sunday Rose her fist name sunday do you think thay call her that all the time ? "

I think sunday rose is a lovely name.

When i had callum the girls name i chose was Alicia Elizabeth.

Jay's daughter is pregnant with a daughter and all we know is its going to end in an "a". Her other daughter is called Francesca Elouise. Im hoping for Martha as thats my favourite girls name

over a year ago

Puir wean. The mother has shown a distinct lack of klass on this one."

hero is a classical greek girls name ..i think she is showing that she has Klass!!!!

over a year ago

My daughters name is French and means beloved.

Both of my boys names are originally Greek one means Crowned One the other means Christ Bearer!!!

Mine is a derivative of a Celtic name meaning God is Gracious. Of course I don't think my dad was think that when he chose to name me after his ex girlfriend !!!!!

over a year ago

"posh is having a girl .... love to know what names she going for. What about Nicole Kidman she called her little girl Sunday Rose her fist name sunday do you think thay call her that all the time ? "

Using your Sunday name where I live meant you were in real trouble. I always remember my mother calling me by all three names if I was out of favour. didn't matter what she had to say after she spoke them you knew it wasn't going to be good news!

over a year ago

My Mum and dad couldn't decide what to name me then drove past St Martin's library in Tulse Hill

Named after a library ffs

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

the meaning of my name is fighter

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

My mum named me after my dad "Unknown Sperm Donor" LOL

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple
over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Well mine named me alf ,pureley after alf off the perishers if u guys can remember that ,bit b4 my time but my mum was nicknamed maisy and her bro was alf both derived from the perishers ,and i was handed the crown ov alfy after my uncles nick name lol ,parents are twats but we love them lol

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple
over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Why not go the whole hog and name me Charlie Brown or snoopy lolol

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

it's so wrong. "

Bang on..

Post new Message to Thread