Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

All Around the UK!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hiya everyone,

So, I am looking forward to lots of traveling this year around the UK and it got me thinking...

Where in the UK is you favorite place to travel? It can be a place you visit often or a place you've only been to once. But it can't be where you live as it has to be somewhere you travel to get to.

I'm still thinking about my favorite place so far so I'll consider while I hear your thoughts

-Courtney

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Edinburgh is my favourite as my family are there & holds so many happy memories with my grandparents. I would live there if I could.

2nd is Dawlish in South Devon, our holiday destination for the past 5 years, easy for us to get to & normally good weather when we visit.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I would suggest Shropshire, Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and around that area. I ran a pub down there and was enchanted by it's history and old buildings.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Birmingham .

Lots of great clubs , and super shopping choices

By *oxymTV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

London for which am going tomorrow and Edinburgh next weekend

over a year ago

Anywhere coastal, Lincolnshire countryside, Pennines, lake district, welsh mountains, south coast new forest..

Oooo push comes to shove

Errr lizard peninsula, just for the serenity

over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

It's just full of diversity and everyone is down to earth plus lots of filthy fun to be had..I recommend blue velvet to anyone

over a year ago

I love London the most, there's so much to do. You cannot ever get bored here, it's incredible. Pricey though if you want to do everything well.

Edinburgh is great, and there's a good few restaurants popping up. Plus enough to do to spend a good long weekend there sightseeing.

South west (around Cornwall) is peaceful and a completely different pace of life.

Dublin isn't UK strictly, but it's great. Again, can be pricey, but it's fun and friendly.

over a year ago

The Derbyshire Peak - especially The White Peak - or Northumberland/Durham. Snowdonia is also very pretty.

By *oxymTV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

"Newcastle upon Tyne

It's just full of diversity and everyone is down to earth plus lots of filthy fun to be had..I recommend blue velvet to anyone "

Agreed I live near there lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

There are many, many beautiful and varied places within these Isles..

but don't tell anyone about the Hebrides, want to keep it a secret..

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I like Cornwall & Devon, not the more touristy places the quite beaches.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The New Forest.

Guernsey.

Kent, Canterbury being one of my favourite places.

Some of the Sussex coast is beautiful.

The Lake District.

There are places of outstanding natural beauty, cities and towns with beautiful architecture and great cultural facilities everywhere in the UK.

over a year ago

I live in Devon which I just love. The mixture of moorland and coastline. So to travel I'd have to say Cornwall. Similar scenery with some amazing beaches. Love story Ives for the beach and art galleries.

over a year ago

Great answers so far!

I've thought it over a bit...

The best scenery I've seen in the UK so far was in the highlands.

The best historic sites I've seen have been in the midlands.

But if I had to pick the place I'd probably call my favorite it would have to be the Shetland Islands.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"Great answers so far!

But if I had to pick the place I'd probably call my favorite it would have to be the Shetland Islands.

-Courtney "

Hastings/Canterbury is also great for historic sites, as someone already mentioned them.

over a year ago

I really like Glasgow, much prefer it to Edinburgh although I've had some great trips there too. Cardiff is a great city these days, and I always enjoy a trip to London even though I'm incredibly glad I don't live there. When it comes to countryside, I love places with a coast, be that Devon or Cornwall or up on the Northumberland coast if I'm staying nearer to home. But there are so many places I've never been too.

over a year ago

Wherever I am.

over a year ago

Scotland..... The Highlands up past Edinburgh epically Ballater or around Glenn Co.....Lake District.....and of course sunny Devon coast line

over a year ago

"Great answers so far!

-Courtney

Hastings/Canterbury is also great for historic sites, as someone already mentioned them. "

Yes, I've been to Hastings/Canterbury. It was great

over a year ago

Windermere, great walks during the day, lovely pubs in the evening and fun in the hotel later.

over a year ago

"Scotland..... The Highlands up past Edinburgh epically Ballater or around Glenn Co.....Lake District.....and of course sunny Devon coast line "

The area around Glenn Co was one of the prettiest areas I've ever seen. We went this winter when it was snowy and beautiful. Our dogs loved it too.

over a year ago

Northumberland is a place of real beauty and history .

Bamburgh is my favourite place in Northumberland , clear sea and the nicest beach ive seen in the uk. X

over a year ago

There are so many places I love! Windermere is beautiful, I could just sit and watch the lake for hours.

Cardiff is a wonderful and vibrant city, especially on a big 6 nations game day.

The Yorkshire sculpture park in spring and autumn is the most beautiful and serene place

Cornwall in the summer is a fantastic dreamy place and the perfect counterpoint to the hustle and bustle of modern life

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I've never really been anywhere so it's hard for me to comment. The only place I guess I could really comment on is up around Scarborough. Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay. Lovely part of the world.

I'm hoping to travel about a bit this year myself so I'll be watching this thread closely

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I like it down on the south coast of Dorset, especially Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth, many happy childhood holidays there.

over a year ago

"Northumberland is a place of real beauty and history .

Bamburgh is my favourite place in Northumberland , clear sea and the nicest beach ive seen in the uk. X"

Bamburgh is a beautiful beach...the sand is better than anywhere in the Mediterranean.

Just a shame it's so fecking cold

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I would suggest Shropshire, Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and around that area. I ran a pub down there and was enchanted by it's history and old buildings. "

Which pub?

over a year ago

Islands are always a bit of a fucker to get to but there's some great ones around

Hebrides, outer

Orkney's

Shetlands

Angelsey

Wight

Skye

Scillys

Guernsey Jersey

My favourites are Scilly and sark

over a year ago

Liverpool

By *od ThrusterMan
over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

So many great places, some of which have already been mentioned.

York

Chester

Shrewsbury

Winchester

Edinburgh

Inverness (and the trip through the highlands to get there)

Isle of Man

Cornwall

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Love going Dorset for the beaches in summer (Bournemouth mainly) and Weymouth on NYE is a great night out.

Nottingham is a cool city with a fair bit of history.

North Wales has some great scenery.

Jersey is a lovely place to visit but I've not been there for years.

By *oxymTV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

Should try the Lake District , it's beautiful there x

over a year ago

"Should try the Lake District , it's beautiful there x"

It is beautiful. But driving up hardnott pass in a smart car was an experience I won't forget

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Campbeltown - lovely

over a year ago

"Should try the Lake District , it's beautiful there x

It is beautiful. But driving up hardnott pass in a smart car was an experience I won't forget "

Have you done the Leeds-settle-Carlisle train line? A 2 hour journey that's breathtaking

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

If you fancy the peak district give me a shout as it's on my doorstep!

I'm a Yorkshire girl through and through and grew up on the moors and in the dales. Head north, perhaps on the train to settle (just a hop from leeds) and explore the dales. Some great walking as well as lovely towns and villages and even some caves.

The coast is lovely too, Scarborough, Whitby and Robin Hoods bay.

If I had to live outside Yorkshire I'd relocate to Guernsey today! But Devon or Cornwall would be highly considered and maybe even Dorset too.

North Wales is beautiful: port madoc, Anglesey, port merion is worth a visit as are some of the castles and lakes. And a hike up snowdon.

What about the lake district? Great history and great scenery.

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Sussex/South Downs.

over a year ago

The lake district and tge little town of Ambleside such a nice place

over a year ago

"Should try the Lake District , it's beautiful there x

It is beautiful. But driving up hardnott pass in a smart car was an experience I won't forget

Have you done the Leeds-settle-Carlisle train line? A 2 hour journey that's breathtaking"

I haven't done but now I'm intrigued. We did drive to Carlisle while doing the Hadrians wall stops.

over a year ago

Bamburgh is my favourite place in Northumberland , clear sea and the nicest beach ive seen in the uk. X"

Shhhh don't tell everyone!

over a year ago

"If you fancy the peak district give me a shout as it's on my doorstep!

I'm a Yorkshire girl through and through and grew up on the moors and in the dales. Head north, perhaps on the train to settle (just a hop from leeds) and explore the dales. Some great walking as well as lovely towns and villages and even some caves.

If I had to live outside Yorkshire I'd relocate to Guernsey today! But Devon or Cornwall would be highly considered and maybe even Dorset too.

North Wales is beautiful: port madoc, Anglesey, port merion is worth a visit as are some of the castles and lakes. And a hike up snowdon.

"

We've been to lots of these. Yorkshire is stunning! Next time I'm in the peak district I'll bug you for a coffee

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

We've been to lots of these. Yorkshire is stunning! Next time I'm in the peak district I'll bug you for a coffee "

You're on!

Btw have you considered a national Trust membership? It's more than just houses. Its countryside and coastal too.

Including Brimham Rocks

over a year ago

Bamburgh is my favourite place in Northumberland , clear sea and the nicest beach ive seen in the uk. X

Bamburgh is a beautiful beach...the sand is better than anywhere in the Mediterranean.

Just a shame it's so fecking cold "

Your not kidding , went in October and dropped on for a full week of sunshine !

over a year ago

Anywhere north of Stirlingshire is fantastic I love the great outdoors. Oh and my hometown of Glasgow of course!

over a year ago

We've been to lots of these. Yorkshire is stunning! Next time I'm in the peak district I'll bug you for a coffee

You're on!

Btw have you considered a national Trust membership? It's more than just houses. Its countryside and coastal too.

Including Brimham Rocks "

We have it. It's our second year. Same with English heritage.

over a year ago

The lake district

over a year ago

"

Oohhhhh port merion...I forgot all about there lol.. Unique and well worth a visit...

But watch out the bouncing balls don't get you

over a year ago

Oohhhhh port merion...I forgot all about there lol.. Unique and well worth a visit...

But watch out the bouncing balls don't get you "

I am not a number lol

over a year ago

Has to be the Western Isles of Scotland, Skye and Mull.

There's a wonderful wildness about them, and camping beside a beach on some breathtaking golden sands

over a year ago

Great to hear the thumbs up for Cardiff and North Wales

over a year ago

I forgot my fact of the day!

Bambrough was the location for the Charlton Heston sophie Loren film el cid.... Yes it doubles as southern Spain

By *uck princess and himCouple
over a year ago

washington

"Newcastle upon Tyne

It's just full of diversity and everyone is down to earth plus lots of filthy fun to be had..I recommend blue velvet to anyone "

Who doesn't love us geordies?

over a year ago

"I would suggest Shropshire, Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and around that area. I ran a pub down there and was enchanted by it's history and old buildings. "

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

the whole of wales .... all of it .... except maybe newport .... there's breath taking scenery, castles, ancient celtic burial chambers, stone circles, big mountains, incredible beaches, the whole of the coastline has been designated a national park, about five thousand years of language and culture, the museums are all free, tons of outdoor activity centres etc. etc. ..... and we've got dragons

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/01/16 16:10:28]

over a year ago

Cardiff for me, I absolutely love the place, as a big whovian (dr who fan) we used to travel their loads (for the kids you understand) but I love the bay dearly

G x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Staffordshire Peak District and Derbyshire, if you're heading south.

Cornwall for some wonderful, small coastal towns and county of variety - moorland and,more. Go off-season. Devonshire leads to Cornwall and worth adding if time.

My favorite cities are Newcastle, Bath and Edinburgh - all offer a great time. If you add Bath as a detour en-route to Cornwall, also Vidor Stonehenge which is close - possibly some other ancient spots nearby, depending upon your time.

I spend a lot of time in East Anglia, particularly Cambridgeshire. With more time you could expand and get out of county, such as to Norfolk or Essex. I like the people, space, history and diversity out there.

Wales should be a must too. Whilst I love much of Scotland, I narrowed it down to Edinburgh, as it's so incredible - much of Wales is great, so perhaps others could lead you, with their favorites.

over a year ago

"Newcastle upon Tyne

It's just full of diversity and everyone is down to earth plus lots of filthy fun to be had..I recommend blue velvet to anyone

Who doesn't love us geordies? "

I think it's because we can't be tamed

over a year ago

For scenery try the drive to Mallaig on the west coast of Scotland. ..outstanding. and you pass the Glenfinnan railway (that was in the harry potter films)

over a year ago

"the whole of wales .... all of it .... except maybe newport .... there's breath taking scenery, castles, ancient celtic burial chambers, stone circles, big mountains, incredible beaches, the whole of the coastline has been designated a national park, about five thousand years of language and culture, the museums are all free, tons of outdoor activity centres etc. etc. ..... and we've got dragons"

Dragons, you say?

over a year ago

id go with wales - mid wales and northwards - love it there - but id love to visit the scottish highlands - just because

over a year ago

Cambridge is lovely, and the Norfolk Broads are nice to visit

over a year ago

my sil lives in ampney crucus in the cotswolds - now thats a beautiful peaceful place

over a year ago

I don't really travel around th UK, my hometown penge is nice with the crystal palace park opposite, which got nice things like a dinosaur park and as well where the famous crystal palace building once was, although Orpington is nice too.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

If you come back here I promise I won't touch booze for at least a week in advance!

over a year ago

I love Yorkshire Leeds is such a great city so many good bars and restaurants.

over a year ago

"Wherever I am."

Wherever he is.

Signed

Your Stalker

over a year ago

"If you come back here I promise I won't touch booze for at least a week in advance! "

over a year ago

"Wherever I am.

Wherever he is.

Signed

Your Stalker "

over a year ago

"Wherever I am.

Wherever he is.

Signed

Your Stalker

"

Lib has pulled.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I visit Devon and Cornwall and Dorset once a year at least.

over a year ago

Bristol. Avebury. Matlock bath. Porthleven. Cardigan. The tall tree trail in the New forest. Lee-on-the-solent. HMS Victory.

over a year ago

I enjoyed Brighton,and we went in November.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I enjoyed Brighton,and we went in November."

I'm glad you enjoyed Brighton.

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Obviously I am biased but I think Royal Tunbridge Wells is a lovely place. I guess it depends what you are looking for on your travels. We have some lovely parks, where lots of events are often held.

Some old historic buildings to while away the hours.

Some good pubs and clubs, nice hotels.

Always something to do here, and all within easy distance of London

over a year ago

"I enjoyed Brighton,and we went in November.

I'm glad you enjoyed Brighton. "

I'd like to go back when it's warmer.

over a year ago

Love London, historical, cultural and never boring.

However my favourite is The outer Hebrides - especially North Uist.

over a year ago

I love Giants Causeway, Windsor, St Ives... Not Britain, but head to Donegal, the beaches and the coast is unbelievable. Could seriously be in the Caribbean - if it wasn't for the weather...

over a year ago

Wales! Beautiful national park down south, the view from my Windows is diviiiiiine

By *its_n_piecesCouple
over a year ago

"the whole of wales .... all of it .... except maybe newport .... there's breath taking scenery, castles, ancient celtic burial chambers, stone circles, big mountains, incredible beaches, the whole of the coastline has been designated a national park, about five thousand years of language and culture, the museums are all free, tons of outdoor activity centres etc. etc. ..... and we've got dragons

Dragons, you say? "

yeah ..... big ones ..... with fire

over a year ago

"Edinburgh is my favourite as my family are there & holds so many happy memories with my grandparents. I would live there if I could.

2nd is Dawlish in South Devon, our holiday destination for the past 5 years, easy for us to get to & normally good weather when we visit. "

Oh dawlish is just across the water from me in exmouth.... I even went camping there last summer at Ladys Mile xx

over a year ago

"I live in Devon which I just love. The mixture of moorland and coastline. So to travel I'd have to say Cornwall. Similar scenery with some amazing beaches. Love story Ives for the beach and art galleries. "

Lived in South West for over ten yrs but ashamed to admit I've not been St Ives but it's on my list for this year xx

By *heOwlMan
over a year ago

Altrincham

For me it has to be the Highlands. Had the good fortune to attend a school that had a habit of, chucking us out the door of a bus in various locations in the highlands with a map and instructions to be at some dot on the map in a few days.

Nothing quite like sitting on the top of a mountain you've just clambered up and watching the sun come to make any trouble one has melt into insignificance. No matter how fleeting that feeling may have been, it created a lasting impression.

Owl

over a year ago

"For me it has to be the Highlands. Had the good fortune to attend a school that had a habit of, chucking us out the door of a bus in various locations in the highlands with a map and instructions to be at some dot on the map in a few days.

Nothing quite like sitting on the top of a mountain you've just clambered up and watching the sun come to make any trouble one has melt into insignificance. No matter how fleeting that feeling may have been, it created a lasting impression.

Owl"

That sounds outstanding. You must have had amazing adventures.

over a year ago

Whitby in the middle of the night. Beautiful

over a year ago

Devon and Cornwall.

Cardiff

I'm interested in visiting some of the places mentioned above

over a year ago

I'd recommend the Northumberland castles, Durham, Oxford and Bath for historical stuff. The lake district and anywhere on any Scottish coast for scenery. And anywhere in Ireland for the craic

over a year ago

Perranporth has to be up there as one of the nicest, if not slightly over crowded

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

South Wales, especially the Brecon Beacons, and the waterfall area, the most stunning scenery.

By *eltonmanMan
over a year ago

Melton Mowbray

Favourite place for me would have to be Brixham. Holidayed there for years, recently not been too far away in Dawlish. Just love the English Riviera.

over a year ago

I grew up around there, which pub was it?

over a year ago

For a great night out is head to Liverpool had good time every time up there

By *ustusboth2013Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hiya everyone,

So, I am looking forward to lots of traveling this year around the UK and it got me thinking...

Where in the UK is you favorite place to travel? It can be a place you visit often or a place you've only been to once. But it can't be where you live as it has to be somewhere you travel to get to.

I'm still thinking about my favorite place so far so I'll consider while I hear your thoughts

-Courtney "

Hey Courtney

I've a real soft spot for Leeds, but that's on your doorstep.

I love London, such a great place. The world in one city and love hanging out in Camden, Covent Garden, Soho, Hammersmith and surrounding areas.

Liverpool is also a top place for a night out.

If you want to add Ireland to the mix (and cost) then Dublin, Swords, Malahide is pretty cool, and travelling around Ireland for scenery down to Waterford and along the west coast, Galway, Tralee etcetera, then you are spoilt.

Adding swinging and a traditional English holiday/seaside town. Then we have a soft spot for Blackpool.

Go Friday and enjoy blackpool by day and hit the town vanilla style in the night. Then the tower on Saturday with the circus and then Infusions to swing in a Saturday night (pick a themed night).

And if you like seaside towns, then Weston is cool. And along the coast of Somerset.

The English Riviera, well you know there

My final recommendation, which I enjoyed visiting as a kid and touring was the Isle of White. But Bill Bryson's notes of a small island will also offer some inspiration

over a year ago

Oxford and The Cotswolds

Ludlow and The Welsh Borders

Keswick and Maryport

Trough of Bowland

Old Warden village and The Shuttleworth Collection

Beverley

Salisbury

over a year ago

Not sure if someone has mentioned it, but I would highly recommend the gower peninsula - specifically Rhossili bay. It made a tripadvior top 10 beaches in the world a few years back (amazingly ha) x

over a year ago

For a beautiful place Lynmouth bay in Devon. But as a purely personal favourite is Jaywick the most deprived town in the country. We go as a family for the weekend every year the memories we have made there are beautiful. The town itself is dire but will always be special to me x

over a year ago

"Perranporth has to be up there as one of the nicest, if not slightly over crowded"

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Lake District before it got too busy

The Lincolnshire Wolds

Southwold

London

Lincolnshire coast away from the resorts

over a year ago

Cheddar gorge is a lovely place and not far from Bath also lovely area x

over a year ago

A tiny city in north Yorkshire...

over a year ago

The isle of skye is beautiful in my opinion but then if you drive up is worth it alone. Stunning area!

over a year ago

Leeds Castle

over a year ago

Perhaps I could lure you two out of the UK.

Ireland is beautiful.

over a year ago

"Perhaps I could lure you two out of the UK.

Ireland is beautiful. "

I Ireland. My family is from Galway.

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

I Ireland. My family is from Galway. "

I'm very close to Galway if you're ever over.

By *verready32Man
over a year ago

omagh

Northern Ireland, rubbish weather but the craic and the people are awesome

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

I'm very close to Galway if you're ever over. "

I'll definitely let you know

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful. "

I have a lot of family in Dublin and Galway. I do love Ireland but don't get to go there as much as I did when I was a kid.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I have some family in Ireland I've never met so planning a tour round Ireland in the summer on my bike but never been there before. Should be a buzz

over a year ago

MrWho and Blade... If you're over at some point let me know

over a year ago

Norfolk Broads are pretty nice if you are into boats.

over a year ago

"MrWho and Blade... If you're over at some point let me know "

There's a chance I may pop over in February for the 5th anniversary of Gary Moore's death.

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

I Ireland. My family is from Galway. "

I think nearly everyone has Irish connections

over a year ago

The Lake District, I love it there

over a year ago

"Great answers so far!

-Courtney "

did you visit the pub...The Cock Inn, Twatt, Shetland

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"MrWho and Blade... If you're over at some point let me know "

I definitely will be and would welcome some tips of where to go. Was thinking of putting a thread up in the Irish forum for help on this

By *ustusboth2013Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Ireland is beautiful.

I think nearly everyone has Irish connections "

There's a little bit of Irish in everyone. And for the ladies who don't, mail us. Sure we can arrange something

So old, so cheesy, so inappropriate but just couldn't resist

By *ustusboth2013Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 21/01/16 23:53:30]

By *isa 59Woman
over a year ago

Newcastle

You can't visit the Giants Causeway without walking over Carrick-a-Rede bridge!

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Hiya everyone,

-Courtney "

How do you travel? camper? B&B?

over a year ago

Scottish Borders for me for the scenery and tranquillity

over a year ago

It's already been mentioned but Bill Bryson's "Notes of a small island" is a brilliantly relevant guide, despite being twenty years out of date.

over a year ago

"You can't visit the Giants Causeway without walking over Carrick-a-Rede bridge! "

That bridge is amazing

over a year ago

I live in Cornwall.....which ever direction you travel there's a beach.I don't leave Cornwall to go anywhere else,no point.

st.ives is the place to go at the mo.porthleven is pretty chilled.Falmouth too.

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

We had an amazing week in South Shields last year. City, beach, parks, museums, pubs, restaurants. Give us a shout if you want more info

over a year ago

Gower in Swansea.... There's even a nudist beach

over a year ago

"Perranporth has to be up there as one of the nicest, if not slightly over crowded"

yeah, lovely place....

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

The Lake District and Cornwall, they were my favourite holiday destinations growing up.

By *ustusboth2013Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hiya everyone,

-Courtney "

Alloway near Ayr is cool. I believe it's where they filmed Brig o' Doon and of course you have Burns Cottage.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"The Derbyshire Peak - especially The White Peak - or Northumberland/Durham. Snowdonia is also very pretty.

"

I love to see the trout and occasionally grayling in the river wye At bakewell when there,and the start of Spring with daffodils on show, and nature in general.

over a year ago

"Hiya everyone,

-Courtney "

this week I'm going to Chichester ,selsey and Weymouth next week I'm going to Chichester selsey Weymouth and Norwich ,going to burton on Trent as well at some point and stoke on Trent xx

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

I think nearly everyone has Irish connections "

Human life as we know it began in Ireland, I'm convinced.

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

Human life as we know it began in Ireland, I'm convinced."

Haha, I'd believe it.

(You should all come to Naughty Lane)

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

Human life as we know it began in Ireland, I'm convinced."

are the Irish not closely related to the vikings

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

Human life as we know it began in Ireland, I'm convinced.are the Irish not closely related to the vikings "

No.

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful.

I

Human life as we know it began in Ireland, I'm convinced.are the Irish not closely related to the vikings

No."

true its the middle east

over a year ago

"Love going Dorset for the beaches in summer (Bournemouth mainly) and Weymouth on NYE is a great night out.

Jersey is a lovely place to visit but I've not been there for years."

Nottingham cool??? Really I lived there lol x guess it ok if you can speak a number of different languages xx

over a year ago

I love Pitlochry, salmon jump, waterfalls, beautiful forests. Just feels really relaxing.

Ex

over a year ago

I love Charles Town near St Austell, Cornwall. It's just a little harbour with ships in ( like the 1s in any pirate films) also has small little pebbled beaches where you can get into caves. It a town but it's amazing x

over a year ago

"I love Charles Town near St Austell, Cornwall. It's just a little harbour with ships in ( like the 1s in any pirate films) also has small little pebbled beaches where you can get into caves. It a town but it's amazing x"
Dartmouth and brixham in Devon are like that xx

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Norfolk Broads are pretty nice if you are into boats."

And Londoners

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Love going Dorset for the beaches in summer (Bournemouth mainly) and Weymouth on NYE is a great night out.

Nottingham cool??? Really I lived there lol x guess it ok if you can speak a number of different languages xx"

You could say that about derby in parts..

over a year ago

"Anywhere coastal, Lincolnshire countryside, Pennines, lake district, welsh mountains, south coast new forest..

Oooo push comes to shove

Errr lizard peninsula, just for the serenity "

I have a friend on lizard very nice there.. he moved to an old cider wine vinyard/orchard he has the fields and land down to the sea..

over a year ago

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Lovely to hear so many of you think so highly of my gorgeous home town

One of my favourite places is Fife. Elie Beach is lovely and Anstruther has the best Fish and chips in the world.

Beaches are always a winner for me and I'm lucky to be close to so many. Portobello at sunset is actually quite beautiful. Gullane and North Berwick are great too.

over a year ago

Nottingham cool??? Really I lived there lol x guess it ok if you can speak a number of different languages xxYou could say that about derby in parts.."

But it's 97% of Nottingham lol x

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Not sure if someone has mentioned it, but I would highly recommend the gower peninsula - specifically Rhossili bay. It made a tripadvior top 10 beaches in the world a few years back (amazingly ha) x"

I know Wales like the back of my hand, but somehow hadn't been to this beach since I was a kid.

I went in July and saw the Trip Advisor. I'm very sceptical of these surveys, but stood there on a blowy day and thought - "blimey, they might be right". It's a stunning, stunning beach.

I also love Pembrokeshire a lot - more anazing beaches, history etc and a 186-mile coastal park that National Geographic voted the second best coast walk in the world.

Mid/North Wales is beautiful too.

Always happy to recommend places. Wales is far from perfect, but I love it when people come here and have a good time.

The Lake District is probably my favourite area outside of Wales.

over a year ago

Leeds???

over a year ago

South Devon

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

The top of Bealach Na Ba near Applecross on the West Coast of Scotland - on a clear day at least! The drive to it, the drive up the pass and the drink in the Applecross Inn after is so perfect. Then just drive north to Balnakeil Bay near Cape Wrath and enjoy every road, mountain and beach on the way...

over a year ago

"South Devon "

Smooth

over a year ago

Have you done north Norfolk?

The coastal road from kings Lynn right around to Suffolk south wold area and then into the Norfolk broads!.

It's a brilliant road trip see some amazing beaches like holkham see the baby seals then further round to wells and Cromer.

We did it with a tent years ago and just stopped anywhere we fancied that was close to a pub had a great 4 days.

over a year ago

The north Devon coast lovely beaches so don't need to travel far right on my doorstep lol

Post new Message to Thread