Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Working from home ....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This is a serious question.....

Has anybody any experience of working from home which pays. I am unfortunately unemployed at the moment and receiving ESA (on the sick) but I am allowed to earn a little extra money in addition to benefits.

I was looking for something computer based.

Any pointers??

Thanks in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have a friend who works for one of those text question answering services.

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

im not too smart but if anyone asks for money up front stay well clear.. sorry i cant b much help xx

over a year ago

Thank you. I have pm'd you.

over a year ago

"im not too smart but if anyone asks for money up front stay well clear.. sorry i cant b much help xx"

Thanks. Money up front generally equals scam!

over a year ago

try contract xchange. they operate the telephone services for companies like tesco and british gas.

good luck

over a year ago

"This is a serious question.....

Has anybody any experience of working from home which pays. I am unfortunately unemployed at the moment and receiving ESA (on the sick) but I am allowed to earn a little extra money in addition to benefits.

I was looking for something computer based.

Any pointers??

Thanks in advance."

There are a couple of places that will pay you for data input and stats but not sure where, you would need to check the net

By *ex.IncCouple
over a year ago

Castleford

Theres a company called 'Teletech @ Home' which comes highly rated...its basically like a call centre job from home working for a company and is legit. No fees or anything i think the minimum is 18hrs. You can probably find out more on the web when they have openings. Hope it helps

over a year ago

Made a note of contract xchange and Teletech @ Home.

Thanks very much.

Estee.

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

I used to run my own Virtual Secretarial Services business from home. I had several clients that used me for typing and admin work. My hourly rate was £15 (quite a bit 6 years ago).

I gave up when I had my 2nd child cos I had too much work on !!!

A good income can be made if you find a couple of reliable and regular customers.

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Might be worth getting in touch with a couple of local uni's

Students will be panicking over their dissertations when they go back in January. Good typists are always in demand January to May

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"Might be worth getting in touch with a couple of local uni's

Students will be panicking over their dissertations when they go back in January. Good typists are always in demand January to May"

Very true - and Uni's will let you put up adverts on noticeboards etc... You can't charge students as much but offer them a 20% student discount

over a year ago

"Might be worth getting in touch with a couple of local uni's

Students will be panicking over their dissertations when they go back in January. Good typists are always in demand January to May

Very true - and Uni's will let you put up adverts on noticeboards etc... You can't charge students as much but offer them a 20% student discount "

Thanks again for the suggestions! I live 5 mins from Salford University! And 15 mins Manchester!

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

There are around 10 pages of comments about teletech@home on moneysaving experts site, might be worth a look.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You could try the naughty phone lines... I looked into it a while ago and they were paying about 11 quid an hour! Easy money I'd say while you're doing your ironing.

I also have a mate who used to work for online Bingo... she got paid for that... bit like moderating the chatrooms or something?

Post new Message to Thread