By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ya as young as the woman you feel (up)lol xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Oooops sorry....

Some women seem to be taken by the idea of a younger lover/playmate/fb of course it can make them feel wanted, younger and aesthetically pleasurable but does is really work?

Is the older man thing becoming an old fashioned idea? What would you say is the right age to make a relationship long term and why?

P.S. I am not of course referring to a one night stand where sexy fun is the most important thing, I am referring to compatibility in a relationship.

over a year ago

I will be 36 soon.

I think i'm 21 but my body feels like a 96 year old.

I went hill walking last week and some of the OAP walkers put me to shame. I was huffing and puffing whilst they looked as if they were out on a Sunday stroll.

over a year ago

"Oooops sorry....

Some women seem to be taken by the idea of a younger lover/playmate/fb of course it can make them feel wanted, younger and aesthetically pleasurable but does is really work?

Is the older man thing becoming an old fashioned idea? What would you say is the right age to make a relationship long term and why?

P.S. I am not of course referring to a one night stand where sexy fun is the most important thing, I am referring to compatibility in a relationship.

"

Shallow to think that every woman who takes a younger man as a partner does so simply to feel wanted and attractive. A typical jealous , scared , older male comment.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Oooops sorry....

Shallow to think that every woman who takes a younger man as a partner does so simply to feel wanted and attractive. A typical jealous , scared , older male comment. "

I was only asking... so age for you is just a number! Are you aware of some relationships that worked perfectly well in the situation where the man was much younger that the woman? It would be interesting to know about them!

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

No comment needed!

over a year ago

Age is definitely important to me..I certainly couldn't consider having a relationship of any kind with someone as young as my kids...or even younger.

Much prefer an older man with experience of life.....more to talk about in those moments between sex!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

for every "sugar daddy" there is a "cougar town".........

different strokes for different folks......

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 01/05/10 12:15:33]

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Age is definitely important to me..I certainly couldn't consider having a relationship of any kind with someone as young as my kids...or even younger.

Much prefer an older man with experience of life.....more to talk about in those moments between sex!!

"

Interesting... what the youngest would you go for? Also do you know of any relationships where the man was much younger then the woman yet was long lasting?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"for every "sugar daddy" there is a "cougar town".........

different strokes for different folks......"

Fair enough so, you would have a relationship with a woman 15 years older and be faithful to her forever?

over a year ago

Youngest would have to be at least over 40..preferably 45 +

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

We know 5 couples where the male is significantly younger than the female by some ten years or more. Obviously things change as they both get older but to pigeon hole it, it seems to be a double edged sword. While the young guy may have the attribute of a constant hard-on looking for somewhere to cum all of the females complain from time to time about the relative immaturity issues. Equally it can be a problem the other way, my dad was 16 years older than my mum and I have another relation where by the husband is some 14 years senor to his wife, this seems to work much better on a day-to-day basis but typically in respect of sex as the female is reaching the apex of sexual enthusiasm the male is on the downward slop.

As a ‘by the way’ one of the couples with younger male, something like 20 and 30 years respectively the female is immature for her age and the male is somewhat world-wise for his age, so in their particular case the age gap balances out.

To save you a trip to our profile I’ll tell you now I am almost 53 and H is 46. We typically seek single bi-guys and in general we would say the best age for a guy for ‘us’ is 35 to 45. I really don’t mean to be derogative to anyone of any age and of course there are always exceptions to the rule but the younger ones while oozing enthusiasm tend to lack experience, sexual skills and people skills, whereas the older guys, not all, but often it seems to be “I’ve been making love to Mildred like this for the last 40 years, its good enough for her, its good enough for you” In other words a bit stuck in their ways.

Can a relationship work with older or younger ‘yes’ of course it can but it will have its good bits and it will have its not so good bits but then most if not all relationships are like that, its just different that’s all. I would say there isn’t any hard and fast rule, or a perfect recipe for the perfect relationship… you meet a potential partner and either the two form an ‘as one’ relationship that makes life better for both or it doesn’t in which case you could move on a try again. It’s all a question of what works for the individuals concerned, I don’t think anyone can say that x years older doesn’t work or x years younger does work. Whatever the case your relationship is your own and nothing to do with anyone else or their opinions.

Be lucky,

Dave

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Youngest would have to be at least over 40..preferably 45 + "

That’s a 12 years younger that you, but would you seriously think that would work realistically? How many relationships have worked that you know of when a man is that much younger?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Fair enough so, you would have a relationship with a woman 15 years older and be faithful to her forever?"

yeah... why not.... why would you not then??

or maybe that says more about you....

or you could spin the question the other way round... so if you met a woman 15 years younger than you....would you not expect her to be faithful to you then?

over a year ago

I am not saying I would have a permanent relationship with someone of 40 but would certainly consider it with someone over 45.

12 years difference is nothing when you both have lots in common and want the relationship to work and are both prepared to work at it.

Surely thats the key to a good relationship whether there is an age difference or not???

over a year ago

We've no doubt that true loving,life long relationships can be formed between people with a large age gap.

The terrible problem is though when one dies while the other is still relatively young.

We still find that scene in Highlander,were his wife dies because she aged and he didn't,very sad.

It must be very upsetting seeing the one you love so much becoming older and probably infirm.

XXXX

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Fair enough so, you would have a relationship with a woman 15 years older and be faithful to her forever?

or you could spin the question the other way round... so if you met a woman 15 years younger than you....would you not expect her to be faithful to you then?"

True life is about calculated risks and chances but if you are 45 and she is 60 how many relationship would they last realistically? It has always been normal for a man to be older than a woman for various reasons due to the fact that women develop quicker and have a limited amount of time to have “healthy” kids (although the age limit is increasing) but has this changed nowadays or does it still apply in practise even if not intended!

over a year ago

Surely by the time most people are over 45 having kids is the last thing on their mind??? I say most because there are always going to be the exception to this rule.

And who says the "normal rule" is for the man to be older than the woman? I am sure that following on from the loss of a large number of young men during wars that the vast majority of women were much older than the men they married.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

well I was a craddle snatcher - K was a child bride, but we celebrate our 33rd anniversary this year

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I for one would love a much younger partner

Not sure about older tho as they often come with children and I am done with looking after more children now mine are grown and flown

over a year ago

This goes back to what I was saying....some people like the younger guys..and others don't.

Its the age old thing that its all down to personal preference.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

no

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"well I was a craddle snatcher - K was a child bride, but we celebrate our 33rd anniversary this year "

I do need to add that K reminds me all the time that I am still the oldest man she has ever had!!!!

over a year ago

the youngest man i have been with was 10 yrs younger than me

good points was like the duracell bunny went for hours was flexible and i didnt need to listen to him drone on about what his ex did ,used to do blah blah and hadnt really picked up any annoyin sexual habits and was open to suggestion

bad points, xbox, put a donk on it music, limited conversation but it was fun in the bedroom just polar opposites and different interests outside it.

oldest was 8 years older than me and it didnt work out either too set in the ways didnt understand what worked for his ex wife didnt work for me, very set in his ways

good points i still like him as a friend always loads to talk about etc ,

i suppose it depends on what you want as a person if you want it to work you will try if its not worth the effort it wont regardless of age or whatever xx

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

True life is about calculated risks and chances but if you are 45 and she is 60 how many relationship would they last realistically? It has always been normal for a man to be older than a woman for various reasons due to the fact that women develop quicker and have a limited amount of time to have “healthy” kids (although the age limit is increasing) but has this changed nowadays or does it still apply in practise even if not intended!"

well nothing like a double standard then.. so lets play devils advocate....

swop em around.... you are 60, she is 45.... you complaining?????

over a year ago

or you could spin the question the other way round... so if you met a woman 15 years younger than you....would you not expect her to be faithful to you then?

True life is about calculated risks and chances but if you are 45 and she is 60 how many relationship would they last realistically? It has always been normal for a man to be older than a woman for various reasons due to the fact that women develop quicker and have a limited amount of time to have “healthy” kids (although the age limit is increasing) but has this changed nowadays or does it still apply in practise even if not intended!"

are you plannin on joinin the 21st century or is the 20th just too good?? xx

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

Surely faithful or not is a whole new subject? The classic line ‘the bastard left me for a younger model’ is that not just an excuse?

My first wife was 18 months older than me, we married when I was just turned 18 and she was 19. We split up after 12 years, I left her. My next partner was ten years younger than me, so she was 19 when I was 28 – 29.

So now here’s a question, I’ll make it easy by offering a two possible answers…What did my ex-wife tell people as to why we split was it?

“The bastard has left me for a much younger model”

OR

“He left me because I have an alcohol problem and when intoxicated I get violent and have beaten him a few times”

After ten years of marriage to the ‘younger model’ we ended up divorced, she made the decision to leave and is now re-married to a guy of similar age, a bit younger I think. Question, what did she offer people for the reason for the split?

A: He was old and useless (not true)

B: He was a womaniser (not true)

C: He was an out of work d*unkard/gambler (not true)

D: I’m a two-faced fraudster and compulsive liar. I stole money from him, my work, and friends. I also betrayed the relationship by having sex with at least 3 other guys. I got caught out too often such that the relationship became impossible as I had caused too much damage to forgive. (Incidentally… we know (from my ex-in-laws) that her behaviour hasn’t changed only the new husband seems not to notice or doesn’t care)

The point is, its all too easy to jump to conclusions such as the ‘left me for a younger model’, sure it happens with some shallow selfish twats but once again it cannot be a hard and fast rule either way.

Helen is 7 year my junior, certainly our ages in our relationship is just numbers as in every respect its fully balanced. Sex life and looks have no significance compared to the value we put on other respects of our relationship. If Helen were to leave it would be because she doesn’t want to be here, because being with me hasn’t enough value, same would apply with me. Things as superficial such as age, looks, or sex would never be an issue but they could become symptoms if our relationship was to go down the drain because then one tends to NOTICE material things and personal confidence tends to take a hammering.

Age we think is just a number OR an excuse when things go wrong.

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

Interestingly enough

Your age limit is 99 for sexual partners in your profile

so maybe you dont think older is too bad at all really?

over a year ago

hmmm so you have an adverse effect on women???

like everythin else if you want to be with that person regrdless of age or whatever you will be its personal choice and really who cares about anyone elses relationships that is their worry, not anyone elses xx

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

True life is about calculated risks and chances but if you are 45 and she is 60 how many relationship would they last realistically? It has always been normal for a man to be older than a woman for various reasons due to the fact that women develop quicker and have a limited amount of time to have “healthy” kids (although the age limit is increasing) but has this changed nowadays or does it still apply in practise even if not intended!

Interestingly enough

so maybe you dont think older is too bad at all really? "

I was refering age in a long term relationship not the sexy fun..... even though.... love is blind!

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

Interestingly enough

I was refering age in a long term relationship not the sexy fun..... even though.... love is blind!"

such double standards

and falling for an older sexier women doesn't mean love is blind

It means your heart is open to love when it strikes you

I mean we are all living longer, healthier lives supposedly

when I was a child, 40 yr olds were like my granparents and so old fashioned

these days many older people are young looking, fit, keep up with modern culture etc etc

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Interestingly enough

I was refering age in a long term relationship not the sexy fun..... even though.... love is blind!

such double standards

and falling for an older sexier women doesn't mean love is blind

It means your heart is open to love when it strikes you

I mean we are all living longer, healthier lives supposedly

when I was a child, 40 yr olds were like my granparents and so old fashioned

these days many older people are young looking, fit, keep up with modern culture etc etc"

That's an interesting point. I had not thought about that. Thank You!

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"well I was a craddle snatcher - K was a child bride, but we celebrate our 33rd anniversary this year

I do need to add that K reminds me all the time that I am still the oldest man she has ever had!!!!"

She not had Craigy yet then?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Surely faithful or not is a whole new subject? The classic line ‘the bastard left me for a younger model’ is that not just an excuse?

My first wife was 18 months older than me, we married when I was just turned 18 and she was 19. We split up after 12 years, I left her. My next partner was ten years younger than me, so she was 19 when I was 28 – 29.

So now here’s a question, I’ll make it easy by offering a two possible answers…What did my ex-wife tell people as to why we split was it?

“The bastard has left me for a much younger model”

OR

“He left me because I have an alcohol problem and when intoxicated I get violent and have beaten him a few times”

After ten years of marriage to the ‘younger model’ we ended up divorced, she made the decision to leave and is now re-married to a guy of similar age, a bit younger I think. Question, what did she offer people for the reason for the split?

A: He was old and useless (not true)

B: He was a womaniser (not true)

C: He was an out of work d*unkard/gambler (not true)

D: I’m a two-faced fraudster and compulsive liar. I stole money from him, my work, and friends. I also betrayed the relationship by having sex with at least 3 other guys. I got caught out too often such that the relationship became impossible as I had caused too much damage to forgive. (Incidentally… we know (from my ex-in-laws) that her behaviour hasn’t changed only the new husband seems not to notice or doesn’t care)

The point is, its all too easy to jump to conclusions such as the ‘left me for a younger model’, sure it happens with some shallow selfish twats but once again it cannot be a hard and fast rule either way.

Helen is 7 year my junior, certainly our ages in our relationship is just numbers as in every respect its fully balanced. Sex life and looks have no significance compared to the value we put on other respects of our relationship. If Helen were to leave it would be because she doesn’t want to be here, because being with me hasn’t enough value, same would apply with me. Things as superficial such as age, looks, or sex would never be an issue but they could become symptoms if our relationship was to go down the drain because then one tends to NOTICE material things and personal confidence tends to take a hammering.

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen"

Thank you so much. It’s extraordinary how this site can bring you both lot’s of sexy fun as well as a listening friend that can answer all you questions when you need it most!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I am in a relationship with a much older guy, ive never been attracted to the much older guy, in fact id never thought about it. Is he a dirty old man who likes someone young on their arm?? Am i just out for a sugar daddy and what i can get?? Neither is the case but some people will think one of the two examples fit. Jay is 67 fit and healthy but doesnt look young for his age and apparently i dont look my age so the age gap actually appears larger than the 23 years that it is. When i met him the last thing i was looking for was a partner of any age. We got to know each other over a period of a year and i fell in love with his mind, he is very well educated and has a very young outlook on life. We are often mistaken for father and daughter, where used to it now but we have been in the relationship 3 full years now having known each other four and i am blissfully happy and so is he. Neither of us wanted or expected it, it just happened. People put far too much on age. Whats wrong with people just being happy and content in a relationship. Ive been in many a relationship with guys around my own age that have been complete bastards. All i will say is go with the flow but open your mind, you never know whats round the corner. I certainly didntxxkarenx

over a year ago

Not something i would ever believe as i think people should stick to their own age groups, id never consider it nor have i ever met anyone that would make me change my mind. On a social network site im on, we work on the basis, that if you are old enough to be its parent, they are too young for you, as girls on average get pregnant at 15, that means anyone of 34 could be my eldest child. Personally i much prefer roughly 5yrs either way, even in sex, i cannot see that a young person has, has as been said, the social skills for the conversation before, during or after sex, nor the experience to satisfy a 49 yr old woman.

over a year ago

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen"

I ... we quite agree with you there and whether or not a relationship works out depends on many factors rather that the chronological age, however this if often cited to cover a cluster of other aspects of incompatibility.

I have been with guys plus and minus 10 years either side of my age and it was never an issue. I do wonder though whether some people, male and female are subconsciously looking for parental figures when opting for much older, somebody to take care of them, make them feel safe. Conversely some people like to "protect" the younger partner, mother/ father them a bit.

There is nothing wrong with either as long as people are matched in their expectations and needs. Also, I am not saying that there is the "mother/Father" transference in every relationship where there is a significant age gap, just in some.

over a year ago

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

I ... we quite agree with you there and whether or not a relationship works out depends on many factors rather that the chronological age, however this if often cited to cover a cluster of other aspects of incompatibility.

I have been with guys plus and minus 10 years either side of my age and it was never an issue. I do wonder though whether some people, male and female are subconsciously looking for parental figures when opting for much older, somebody to take care of them, make them feel safe. Conversely some people like to "protect" the younger partner, mother/ father them a bit.

There is nothing wrong with either as long as people are matched in their expectations and needs. Also, I am not saying that there is the "mother/Father" transference in every relationship where there is a significant age gap, just in some.

"

Isnt that the Oedipus syndrome??

As to the comment often made "age is just a number" i always feel they are saying that to make you do what they want, the thing is what really does it mean?

over a year ago

Yes it is .....

But in my case a number which is tooooooooooo big

over a year ago

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

As to the comment often made "age is just a number" i always feel they are saying that to make you do what they want, the thing is what really does it mean?"

In my personal experience the saying "age is nothing but a number" is often used by people who want to reassure the other person who is significantly younger or older that it is ok to strike up a relationship. People can choose how they interpret it for themselves.

In other context when people are trying something new, for example a hobby that is considered to be associated with a younger age group, again it is a form of reassuring oneself or others that it is ok to do what you want at any age.

Age is a measurement to place people into a category of being children, adolescents, adults, pensioners etc.. and therefore attribute their suitability (or lack of) to some things/ activities. For example below 18 you are considered not mature enough to vote, at 60/ 65 you are considered to be entitled to retirement.

Sadly age definition although probably necessary somewhere to protect our children, has the side effect of categorising and putting people into boxes - if we allow it to happen.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

"Not something i would ever believe as i think people should stick to their own age groups, id never consider it nor have i ever met anyone that would make me change my mind. On a social network site im on, we work on the basis, that if you are old enough to be its parent, they are too young for you, as girls on average get pregnant at 15, that means anyone of 34 could be my eldest child. Personally i much prefer roughly 5yrs either way, even in sex, i cannot see that a young person has, has as been said, the social skills for the conversation before, during or after sex, nor the experience to satisfy a 49 yr old woman."

I've met 3 men in a week younger than my sone of 27 and I can assure you that they satified me on many levels

I met one for dinner (not through this site) and hes been to see me now 6 times and things get better and better for both of us

1 thing he does NOT do which I love is mention the ex or kids as hes has neither

over a year ago

"Not something i would ever believe as i think people should stick to their own age groups, id never consider it nor have i ever met anyone that would make me change my mind. On a social network site im on, we work on the basis, that if you are old enough to be its parent, they are too young for you, as girls on average get pregnant at 15, that means anyone of 34 could be my eldest child. Personally i much prefer roughly 5yrs either way, even in sex, i cannot see that a young person has, has as been said, the social skills for the conversation before, during or after sex, nor the experience to satisfy a 49 yr old woman.

I've met 3 men in a week younger than my sone of 27 and I can assure you that they satified me on many levels

I met one for dinner (not through this site) and hes been to see me now 6 times and things get better and better for both of us

1 thing he does NOT do which I love is mention the ex or kids as hes has neither "

While the age gap is not for me - I quite agree that it is a personal choice and there are advantages as you stated - a distinct lack of baggage when dating/ meeting somebody at that age, so yes, I can see why it does attract people.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Not something i would ever believe as i think people should stick to their own age groups, id never consider it nor have i ever met anyone that would make me change my mind. On a social network site im on, we work on the basis, that if you are old enough to be its parent, they are too young for you, as girls on average get pregnant at 15, that means anyone of 34 could be my eldest child. Personally i much prefer roughly 5yrs either way, even in sex, i cannot see that a young person has, has as been said, the social skills for the conversation before, during or after sex, nor the experience to satisfy a 49 yr old woman.

1 thing he does NOT do which I love is mention the ex or kids as hes has neither "

Yes in a sexual satisfaction, BUT would you have a relationship with them?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

OK lets assume she is 12 years older with kids and he has no kids. Would you say that in 10 years time the age group will become more apparent? True life is about calculated risks and chances but how would you be sure that the younger guy would not develop a roving eye for other younger women? One should have to expect this risk to happen!

over a year ago

"OK lets assume she is 12 years older with kids and he has no kids. Would you say that in 10 years time the age group will become more apparent? True life is about calculated risks and chances but how would you be sure that the younger guy would not develop a roving eye for other younger women? One should have to expect this risk to happen!"

We differentiate here between Swinging Relationship and Lasting (Long-term) Relationship. In the former anything can be good for either side, in the latter it is not so much about the actual age but about the lifestage somebody finds himself/herself at. I totally agree with the notion that one partner having children and the other being a lot young could present a problem - as the parties may well seek very different things (outside their sexual relationship). A man called Ericson wrote about the life stages people go through - and whether or not a relationship has a chance to survive the daily challenges of life depends largely on compatibility, which in turn depends on being at the same life stage.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"OK lets assume she is 12 years older with kids and he has no kids. Would you say that in 10 years time the age group will become more apparent? True life is about calculated risks and chances but how would you be sure that the younger guy would not develop a roving eye for other younger women? One should have to expect this risk to happen!"

Ok let's assume the people involved are in love with each other and want to carry on the relationship and don't give a damn what someone on a swinging site thinks?

True life is what people make of it themselves and should expect their own lives to happen without constantly being questioned by others!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/05/10 22:15:28]

over a year ago

"OK lets assume she is 12 years older with kids and he has no kids. Would you say that in 10 years time the age group will become more apparent? True life is about calculated risks and chances but how would you be sure that the younger guy would not develop a roving eye for other younger women? One should have to expect this risk to happen!

Ok let's assume the people involved are in love with each other and want to carry on the relationship and don't give a damn what someone on a swinging site thinks?

True life is what people make of it themselves and should expect their own lives to happen without constantly being questioned by others! "

And just when were you given permission to argue ?

I was so shocked I accidentally placed my post in the wrong place

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"OK lets assume she is 12 years older with kids and he has no kids. Would you say that in 10 years time the age group will become more apparent? True life is about calculated risks and chances but how would you be sure that the younger guy would not develop a roving eye for other younger women? One should have to expect this risk to happen!

True life is what people make of it themselves and should expect their own lives to happen without constantly being questioned by others!

I was so shocked I accidentally placed my post in the wrong place "

It's a Sunday on a holiday weekend so I am allowed lol xxx

over a year ago

True life is what people make of it themselves and should expect their own lives to happen without constantly being questioned by others! "

Second that...

over a year ago

I was so shocked I accidentally placed my post in the wrong place

It's a Sunday on a holiday weekend so I am allowed lol xxx "

Oh heck I can see we are going to have trouble with this one!

Suggest you present arms, I mean written permission to post!!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

You don't choose who you fall in love with...........it just happens,does'nt it?

If you want it to work that badly then it will regardless

Or am I not being logical enough have have let a touch of my romantic side out?

over a year ago

Second that...

"

I would agree it is each person's choice and nobody has the right to interfere or comment really, and I also think that the OP was just asking questions about people's perspective of what they consider might work and what might not

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I for one would love a much younger partner

Not sure about older tho as they often come with children and I am done with looking after more children now mine are grown and flown

"

A younger sexual partner or a relationship with a much younger guy? I believe these are two different things!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"no"

Can you elaborate????

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I for one would love a much younger partner

A younger sexual partner or a relationship with a much younger guy? I believe these are two different things!"

It doesn't have to be!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Interestingly enough

so maybe you dont think older is too bad at all really? "

Not for a sexual partner of course, BUT probably in a long term relationship perhaps (and I repeat perhaps) age could have an effect which would not possibly make it long lasting!!!!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Not something i would ever believe as i think people should stick to their own age groups, id never consider it nor have i ever met anyone that would make me change my mind. On a social network site im on, we work on the basis, that if you are old enough to be its parent, they are too young for you, as girls on average get pregnant at 15, that means anyone of 34 could be my eldest child. Personally i much prefer roughly 5yrs either way, even in sex, i cannot see that a young person has, has as been said, the social skills for the conversation before, during or after sex, nor the experience to satisfy a 49 yr old woman."

True unless a woman likes the idea of adopting a son as her own lover... not necessarily a man! But would he want to stay or would he realise when the time comes that there is better and younger around him? Men are hunters by nature even though times are changing!

over a year ago

There is a book that might help -

It is called "The Secrets of Love and Lust" and answers many questions

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

"

Interesting thoughts so is that a matter of who is stronger and more independent that leads the situation in a larger age gap in a relationship?

A younger woman would seek an older man for protection as a farther figure while a younger man would seek in an older woman the tenderness of a mother figure long missed?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 02/05/10 22:45:17]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Jay is definetly the stronger one in our relationship, but not necessarily due to age but due to the fact that he wants to look after me and i want to be looked after

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

As to the comment often made "age is just a number" i always feel they are saying that to make you do what they want, the thing is what really does it mean?"

May be it means living a life and gaining experience to be able to built up a strenght to unable a person to cope with problems? That surely would form incompatibility with time unless one becomes the teacher of life and the other the student...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/05/10 22:49:44]

over a year ago

"

Be lucky,

Dave & Helen

Interesting thoughts so is that a matter of who is stronger and more independent that leads the situation in a larger age gap in a relationship?

A younger woman would seek an older man for protection as a farther figure while a younger man would seek in an older woman the tenderness of a mother figure long missed?

"

Jungian Psychoanalysis tend to suggest this. I think there is more to it than a straight forward Oedipus or Electra complex - but essentially women and men are looking for two main "qualities" in their partners (applies to gay relationships also). We look for safety/security on the one hand and adventure / good gene pool/ risk taker on the other hand. In daily interaction we are talking about a woman looking for a guy who provides (Mr Slippers) and one who is exciting (Mr Bond); the man looks for a reliable mother to his future children (Mum figure) and a Mrs Slut(self explanatory)

Finding a partner who addresses both conflicting needs in the right proportion (which varies from person to person) is not easy but when you find it... I guess you know it!

over a year ago

True unless a woman likes the idea of adopting a son as her own lover... not necessarily a man! But would he want to stay or would he realise when the time comes that there is better and younger around him? Men are hunters by nature even though times are changing!"

Not sure i understand? Adopting a son as a lover? Or do you mean, someone my sons age? Either way, not for me, I agree there that when im 70, for example, he would only be 55ish and who at that age would want some doddery old woman? So i think you are right, the man would leave to find someone younger

over a year ago

Anybody ever seen the film "Harold and Maude"

More acutely Liz Taylor and her trail of younger men?

I am not sure we can attribute all of those to her wealth and associated power.

Just another thought

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

True unless a woman likes the idea of adopting a son as her own lover... not necessarily a man! But would he want to stay or would he realise when the time comes that there is better and younger around him? Men are hunters by nature even though times are changing!

Not sure i understand? Adopting a son as a lover? Or do you mean, someone my sons age? Either way, not for me, I agree there that when im 70, for example, he would only be 55ish and who at that age would want some doddery old woman? So i think you are right, the man would leave to find someone younger "

That's the point I am making and the truth is as you get older you would need most a friend/lover by your side for company and perhaps to talk about those days you had a profile in fabswingers!

over a year ago

Not sure i understand? Adopting a son as a lover? Or do you mean, someone my sons age? Either way, not for me, I agree there that when im 70, for example, he would only be 55ish and who at that age would want some doddery old woman? So i think you are right, the man would leave to find someone younger

That's the point I am making and the truth is as you get older you would need most a friend/lover by your side for company and perhaps to talk about those days you had a profile in fabswingers!"

Actually id like that now before its too late

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Second that...

I would agree it is each person's choice and nobody has the right to interfere or comment really, and I also think that the OP was just asking questions about people's perspective of what they consider might work and what might not "

Yes indeed that is exactly what I was asking and I am sorry if it has been misunderstood along the way!

By *ngieandMrManCouple
over a year ago

hereford

"

....and a Mrs Slut(self explanatory)

Finding a partner who addresses both conflicting needs in the right proportion (which varies from person to person) is not easy but when you find it... I guess you know it!"

I can’t remember the name but I do remember watching a, very mature at the time (maybe dead now) female Hollywood Super Star interview. She was asked, “What is your recipe for a good marriage?” She replied, “Being a cook in the kitchen, a house keeper in the house and a slut in the bedroom. I employ a cook and a house keeper and do the rest myself”

With us two, we both cook, we both do housework and we are both a pair of dirty sluts in the bedroom LOL perfect ‘eh?

Oh yeah, we also sometimes get in some outside help with the ‘sluting in the bedroom’ part LOL

be lucky,

Helen & Dave

over a year ago

It's not age, it's what you can give and how wanted you are! I had no sex at all for over 5 years after bad divorce, then started getting these txts from a guy half my age, took me 2 weeks to get where he was going, he was half my age! Did I? Just call me Mrs Robinson and try taking the smile off my face when I think of those months.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

mrs saucy is 46 and the sexiest person i have ever met.we love swinging,but i always know.when we swing, i always bring,the sexiest bitch to the party.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"It's not age, it's what you can give and how wanted you are! I had no sex at all for over 5 years after bad divorce, then started getting these txts from a guy half my age, took me 2 weeks to get where he was going, he was half my age! Did I? Just call me Mrs Robinson and try taking the smile off my face when I think of those months. "

And good for you! I am not debating whether you should go with a younger person as a mature woman… we only live once and if you can live young twice take the chance and thanks to the interned with sites like fabswingers we can facilitate such meetings, make the most of it and why not? Who is to tell?

My point is: what are the chances for a relationship (long term) to survive between a much older woman with a young child and a younger single guy once the excitement of the extraordinary sexy fun vanish?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"mrs saucy is 46 and the sexiest person i have ever met.we love swinging,but i always know.when we swing, i always bring,the sexiest bitch to the party."

You are also the same age and therefore you have lived a life at the same time with sme in fashions and life styles!

over a year ago

Thats exactly right but unfortunately in real life, peoples choices, behaviour etc is often questioned by others

over a year ago

If you read my comments on the blog Baggage, you will understand where i am coming from though someone on here has said similar. Its about doing whatever one wants without anyone questioning their choice. My choice has nothing to do with the fact that a young lad wont have ex n kids as someone my own age would, its about what people will say and its something i hate.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Thats exactly right but unfortunately in real life, peoples choices, behaviour etc is often questioned by others"

It is not a matter of questioning, as indeed this would happen no matter what! I am realistically asking how everyone feels about age group. For instant I have a friend who is 50 and he is going out with a woman half his age! I would be more willing to say that if there has to be a different of age it’s better if the man is “older” than a woman also because statistically women live longer, however I feel that when he will be 60 and his girlfriend would only be 35 who knows if the relationship will survive much longer! May be but age group would be more apparent then!!!!

On the other hand we have been discussing that “as girls on average get pregnant at 15” I wonder what are the chances for a relationship to survive when she is 50 and he is still 35 if you are not prepared to share him with others… is this part of a calculated risk of would you expect to be in an exclusive relationship forever?

over a year ago

Thats exactly right but unfortunately in real life, peoples choices, behaviour etc is often questioned by others

It is not a matter of questioning, as indeed this would happen no matter what! I am realistically asking how everyone feels about age group. For instant I have a friend who is 50 and he is going out with a woman half his age! I would be more willing to say that if there has to be a different of age it’s better if the man is “older” than a woman also because statistically women live longer, however I feel that when he will be 60 and his girlfriend would only be 35 who knows if the relationship will survive much longer! May be but age group would be more apparent then!!!!

On the other hand we have been discussing that “as girls on average get pregnant at 15” I wonder what are the chances for a relationship to survive when she is 50 and he is still 35 if you are not prepared to share him with others… is this part of a calculated risk of would you expect to be in an exclusive relationship forever?

"

I only mentioned the bit about girls getting pregnant at 15 to show where i could be the parent of some aged 35, therefore, realistically as thats how we work on another site, i wouldnt consider anyone younger than that.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I only mentioned the bit about girls getting pregnant at 15 to show where i could be the parent of some aged 35, therefore, realistically as thats how we work on another site, i wouldnt consider anyone younger than that."

May I ask you please if the fact that “he” could be your son is the only reason or whether there could be other important factors of such a difference of age?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"mrs saucy is 46 and the sexiest person i have ever met.we love swinging,but i always know.when we swing, i always bring,the sexiest bitch to the party.

You are also the same age and therefore you have lived a life at the same time with sme in fashions and life styles!"

when we go to budddies,in blackpool.we often play with people much younger.they usually want more.some times,all you need to have in common.is a passion for sex.having a lasting relationship,with someone much younger. is maybe a different kettle of fish.

over a year ago

I only mentioned the bit about girls getting pregnant at 15 to show where i could be the parent of some aged 35, therefore, realistically as thats how we work on another site, i wouldnt consider anyone younger than that.

May I ask you please if the fact that “he” could be your son is the only reason or whether there could be other important factors of such a difference of age?"

As i said somewhere else on here, people are laughed at by their choices in life, no-one understands those who have relationships with someone half their age, they are laughed at. i work hard now so that people dont laugh or make fun of me as ive had all my life, so going out with someone young would be walking into their hands and im not strong enough to cope with it, christ what would people say, suffice to say, my mother says constantly, that i shouldnt worry about what people say but i cant help it

over a year ago

Age is just a number, life experiences are what it comes down to...and it's also unfair to say that age makes a difference there too...some folk reach 19 and have lived more of a life than most could imagine or wish for, some folk reach 35 and have perhaps lived insular or sugar coated lives that deny them any real experience.I've met immature 45 yr olds and mature 25 year olds. Life is what you make it, measure it as you will, but time is, after all, a man made tool

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Age is just a number, life experiences are what it comes down to...and it's also unfair to say that age makes a difference there too...some folk reach 19 and have lived more of a life than most could imagine or wish for, some folk reach 35 and have perhaps lived insular or sugar coated lives that deny them any real experience.I've met immature 45 yr olds and mature 25 year olds. Life is what you make it, measure it as you will, but time is, after all, a man made tool"

I wish time was a man made tool... some people would have turn it into a lucrative business! Luckily time is the same for rich and poor!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"mrs saucy is 46 and the sexiest person i have ever met.we love swinging,but i always know.when we swing, i always bring,the sexiest bitch to the party.

You are also the same age and therefore you have lived a life at the same time with sme in fashions and life styles!

when we go to budddies,in blackpool.we often play with people much younger.they usually want more.some times,all you need to have in common.is a passion for sex.having a lasting relationship,with someone much younger. is maybe a different kettle of fish."

Thank you and that is the point I was making... it's all very well to enjoy a younger person for a passionate night of sex... but having a lasting relationship it might not be the same!

over a year ago

"Age is just a number, life experiences are what it comes down to...and it's also unfair to say that age makes a difference there too...some folk reach 19 and have lived more of a life than most could imagine or wish for, some folk reach 35 and have perhaps lived insular or sugar coated lives that deny them any real experience.I've met immature 45 yr olds and mature 25 year olds. Life is what you make it, measure it as you will, but time is, after all, a man made tool

I wish time was a man made tool... some people would have turn it into a lucrative business! Luckily time is the same for rich and poor!"

It is still man-made...the planet didnt come equipped with its own watch, someone sat down and calculated time.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Age is just a number, life experiences are what it comes down to...and it's also unfair to say that age makes a difference there too...some folk reach 19 and have lived more of a life than most could imagine or wish for, some folk reach 35 and have perhaps lived insular or sugar coated lives that deny them any real experience.I've met immature 45 yr olds and mature 25 year olds. Life is what you make it, measure it as you will, but time is, after all, a man made tool

I wish time was a man made tool... some people would have turn it into a lucrative business! Luckily time is the same for rich and poor!

It is still man-made...the planet didnt come equipped with its own watch, someone sat down and calculated time. "

Why isn't getting old a natural way of keeping the time or has it been created?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

May I ask you please if the fact that “he” could be your son is the only reason or whether there could be other important factors of such a difference of age?

As i said somewhere else on here, people are laughed at by their choices in life, no-one understands those who have relationships with someone half their age, they are laughed at. i work hard now so that people dont laugh or make fun of me as ive had all my life, so going out with someone young would be walking into their hands and im not strong enough to cope with it, christ what would people say, suffice to say, my mother says constantly, that i shouldnt worry about what people say but i cant help it"

I would not judge you for going out with someone half your age do not take me wrong! My question is whether it will be long lasting or the risk of being left alone when at a later stage in your life you most need a companion next to you other then the sexy fun. Perhaps and I say perhaps he or she may still have the need for someone also younger or nearer her/his age?

over a year ago

It is still man-made...the planet didnt come equipped with its own watch, someone sat down and calculated time.

Why isn't getting old a natural way of keeping the time or has it been created?"

getting old is just how nature evolves, it still has no definitive time line

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

or you could spin the question the other way round... so if you met a woman 15 years younger than you....would you not expect her to be faithful to you then?"

What I would expect from her and what she would be realistically would be two different things! That is why I would never consider having a long term relationship with a much younger woman although, in my opinion an older man is always best because women mature quicker than a man does!

over a year ago

not for me i hate being 37.....

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

well nothing like a double standard then.. so lets play devils advocate....

swop em around.... you are 60, she is 45.... you complaining?????"

Not at all for a night stand!!! But in a long term relationship it will probably end up in tears and I would not go for it!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 06/05/10 11:00:42]

over a year ago

oooooooooo far to deep for me this morning..... xoxoxxo

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"not for me i hate being 37....."

OK let me tell you one thing. If you look at your photos you took 10 years ago, you may wish you were 27 again... but then again if you take a photo of you now and you will look at it in 10 years time when you will be 47 then you will wish you were 37 again which is what you are now!

Life is too short and we should all enjoy every day as if it was our last one!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"not for me i hate being 37.....

OK let me tell you one thing. If you look at your photos you took 10 years ago, you may wish you were 27 again... but then again if you take a photo of you now and you will look at it in 10 years time when you will be 47 then you will wish you were 37 again which is what you are now!

Life is too short and we should all enjoy every day as if it was our last one!"

Way too deep for me too and it's now lunchtime lol

Kinda obvious though that most of us look back sometimes and wish we could be back at some point in our lives be that 1, 5, 10 or even 20 years ago!

over a year ago

I have to say that the baggage people of my age carry does not bother me at all and ive never looked at the difference in age groups that way, i think its that i just dont like the idea of been seen at a restaurant with someone mistaking them for one of my kids and i dont see it as something, as has been mentioned somewhere on here, as jealousy

over a year ago

As i said somewhere else on here, people are laughed at by their choices in life, no-one understands those who have relationships with someone half their age, they are laughed at. i work hard now so that people dont laugh or make fun of me as ive had all my life, so going out with someone young would be walking into their hands and im not strong enough to cope with it, christ what would people say, suffice to say, my mother says constantly, that i shouldnt worry about what people say but i cant help it

I would not judge you for going out with someone half your age do not take me wrong! My question is whether it will be long lasting or the risk of being left alone when at a later stage in your life you most need a companion next to you other then the sexy fun. Perhaps and I say perhaps he or she may still have the need for someone also younger or nearer her/his age?"

im not saying that you would judge, and i see your point but cant and shant be able to answer your question as it will never happen. As ive been on my own for nearly 20 yrs, the issue of being left on my own after a relationship breakdown wouldnt bother me at all

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"not for me i hate being 37....."

I wish there were more 37 years old women looking like you!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"the youngest man i have been with was 10 yrs younger than me

good points was like the duracell bunny went for hours was flexible and i didnt need to listen to him drone on about what his ex did ,used to do blah blah and hadnt really picked up any annoyin sexual habits and was open to suggestion

bad points, xbox, put a donk on it music, limited conversation but it was fun in the bedroom just polar opposites and different interests outside it.

oldest was 8 years older than me and it didnt work out either too set in the ways didnt understand what worked for his ex wife didnt work for me, very set in his ways

good points i still like him as a friend always loads to talk about etc ,

i suppose it depends on what you want as a person if you want it to work you will try if its not worth the effort it wont regardless of age or whatever xx"

Very interesting indeed! Thank you for sharing your experience with us this is very meaningful.

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

UPDATE: On those couples that I was refering to in this topic.

The relationship with that friend of mine 50 years old who was going out with a young model half his age has come to an end after 2 years.

The relationship with that woman with young a child who was hoping to have a long term relationship with a handsome guy 12 years younger than her has ended after 2 months and apparently was also dragged for some time!

over a year ago

"UPDATE: On those couples that I was refering to in this topic.

The relationship with that friend of mine 50 years old who was going out with a young model half his age has come to an end after 2 years.

The relationship with that woman with young a child who was hoping to have a long term relationship with a handsome guy 12 years younger than her has ended after 2 months and apparently was also dragged for some time! "

Who says that was anything to do with age?

over a year ago

my sister was 32 when she met her then 17 boyfriend, now husband.

sh is now 42..and i dont think it is the diference in age that has made it work any more than i believe it is age that would make it fail.

if two personalities click it will work regardless of age and that goes for any kind of relationship, not just physical, but friends, work colleagues, family etc.

it comes down to life experiences and personality...just cause you are young doesnt mean you lack either attribute, likewise, just cause you are old doesnt mean you have either attribute

over a year ago

Yeah! age is just a number,,,til u try n run fast somewhere then u know ur are really old cause u cant go faster n get outta breath faster! lol

over a year ago

"Age is definitely important to me..I certainly couldn't consider having a relationship of any kind with someone as young as my kids...or even younger.

"

I'm with you on that one

over a year ago

sh is now 42..and i dont think it is the diference in age that has made it work any more than i believe it is age that would make it fail.

if two personalities click it will work regardless of age and that goes for any kind of relationship, not just physical, but friends, work colleagues, family etc.

it comes down to life experiences and personality...just cause you are young doesnt mean you lack either attribute, likewise, just cause you are old doesnt mean you have either attribute

"

No i agree with you there but the thought of going out with a youngsters my kids age, is just not right (im being polite there as its not what id like to say), id never look for one, and id fight against a hint of a relationship with any young lad that chatted me up if i thought there were feelings from me there. I think people should stick with their own age groups, i fail to see what a young person would have in common with old people and vice versa. Aside from that, i dont like being laughed at and would see thats what people would do, no way would i walk willingly into a trap like that

over a year ago

"You don't choose who you fall in love with...........it just happens,does'nt it?

If you want it to work that badly then it will regardless

Or am I not being logical enough have have let a touch of my romantic side out?

"

Except one has to believe in love for that to happen, i dont, been hurt too much, brickwall in the way

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I'm with you on that one "

And I could not agree with you more on that one, we could always use the swinging scene to find that sexual sparkle with a younger person... but as a full time lover you would have to enter at your own risk and a mature person should know it better!!!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"UPDATE: On those couples that I was refering to in this topic.

The relationship with that woman with young a child who was hoping to have a long term relationship with a handsome guy 12 years younger than her has ended after 2 months and apparently was also dragged for some time!

Who says that was anything to do with age?"

True but then again do you know of any couples who have had a long term relationship despite their difference in age? How many successful cases can you think of?

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, there are obviously some exceptions and indeed one person can be young but more mature while another person can be older and childish so they can balance. Look at it when she will be 60 and he is still 45? By then she would need most a companion for life, have a warm cup of tea and go to bed early, while he could still be attracted to women in their 30’s and the internet can only make things easier by then!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, there are obviously some exceptions and indeed one person can be young but more mature while another person can be older and childish so they can balance. Look at it when she will be 60 and he is still 45? By then she would need most a companion for life, have a warm cup of tea and go to bed early, while he could still be attracted to women in their 30’s and the internet can only make things easier by then!"

So you are saying that when you hit 60 you need "a warm cup of tea and go to bed early"?

I will pop back after my work to see the replies to that one!

over a year ago

Thank you for sharing this experience with us, there are obviously some exceptions and indeed one person can be young but more mature while another person can be older and childish so they can balance. Look at it when she will be 60 and he is still 45? By then she would need most a companion for life, have a warm cup of tea and go to bed early, while he could still be attracted to women in their 30’s and the internet can only make things easier by then!

So you are saying that when you hit 60 you need "a warm cup of tea and go to bed early"?

I will pop back after my work to see the replies to that one! "

Yeah im with u on that one too,,

over a year ago

"Ya as young as the woman you feel (up)lol xx "

Always say that, and currently takes years off me!!

By *arlitos Way OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I will pop back after my work to see the replies to that one! "

I am just saying that the "age gap" get wider as you get older!

over a year ago

"

I am just saying that the "age gap" get wider as you get older!"

I am not sure we an generalise - I have seen some very fit older people and some very unfit younger ones. I am not just talking about physical fitness, I am talking about a sense of adventure , risk taking ability and a general passion for life. To me age is more a number than anything - as long as somebody can match my energy levels and meet my needs for fun, banter and brains and are over 35 ish... hey presto!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

".......

I am just saying that the "age gap" get wider as you get older!"

No it doesn't it stays the same

60 - 45 = 15

50 - 35 = 15

40 - 25 = 15

Or should I go back to school?

over a year ago

Don't know that this is any help, but a mate of mine from work has been with his missus for 11 years. They met when he was 17 and she was 27. They have two kids and 11 years down the line a fantastic relationship. It may change at some point, but so far they're still really into each other.

over a year ago

"Don't know that this is any help, but a mate of mine from work has been with his missus for 11 years. They met when he was 17 and she was 27. They have two kids and 11 years down the line a fantastic relationship. It may change at some point, but so far they're still really into each other."

A good point - things MAY change - and then again they MAY not. Its also about whether one thinks of relationships (including love relationships ) as having to last a lifetime.

People come into your life for a reason - or for a season... is also true. Can still be love - even if it does not last forever?

over a year ago

"Don't know that this is any help, but a mate of mine from work has been with his missus for 11 years. They met when he was 17 and she was 27. They have two kids and 11 years down the line a fantastic relationship. It may change at some point, but so far they're still really into each other.

A good point - things MAY change - and then again they MAY not. Its also about whether one thinks of relationships (including love relationships ) as having to last a lifetime.

People come into your life for a reason - or for a season... is also true. Can still be love - even if it does not last forever?"

same goes for any couple though...even without the age gap. just because you are the same age it doesnt guarentee a successful relationship.

i never enter into a relationship thinking how long i will last or what the future holds, i can only gauge is success on how it is AT THAT TIME and realise that the most successful of relationships can sadly die and the worst relationships can sometimes blossom. its how each couple mature and whether their outlooks remain the same

over a year ago

"Don't know that this is any help, but a mate of mine from work has been with his missus for 11 years. They met when he was 17 and she was 27. They have two kids and 11 years down the line a fantastic relationship. It may change at some point, but so far they're still really into each other.

People come into your life for a reason - or for a season... is also true. Can still be love - even if it does not last forever?

same goes for any couple though...even without the age gap. just because you are the same age it doesnt guarentee a successful relationship.

i never enter into a relationship thinking how long i will last or what the future holds, i can only gauge is success on how it is AT THAT TIME and realise that the most successful of relationships can sadly die and the worst relationships can sometimes blossom. its how each couple mature and whether their outlooks remain the same"

This is so true - the chronological age in its own right is not the issue, the maturity, emotional or otherwise, the life experience, the baggage(good and bad), the belief system, the life script, shared values and expectations ... and several other largely unconscious matches... determine the relationship, its quality and longevity. I do not enter into relationships with others (not just love relationships but friendships of all sorts) with view that they need to last a lifetime. Some do - others dont and both are ok.

over a year ago

"same goes for any couple though...even without the age gap. just because you are the same age it doesnt guarentee a successful relationship.

i never enter into a relationship thinking how long i will last or what the future holds, i can only gauge is success on how it is AT THAT TIME and realise that the most successful of relationships can sadly die and the worst relationships can sometimes blossom. its how each couple mature and whether their outlooks remain the same

This is so true - the chronological age in its own right is not the issue, the maturity, emotional or otherwise, the life experience, the baggage(good and bad), the belief system, the life script, shared values and expectations ... and several other largely unconscious matches... determine the relationship, its quality and longevity. I do not enter into relationships with others (not just love relationships but friendships of all sorts) with view that they need to last a lifetime. Some do - others dont and both are ok."

i would even go as far to say that age is one of the least contributing factors in a relationship. the only possible affect it could have is when you allow the difference in age to be judged by others outside of the relationship and let their opinions rule the outcome

over a year ago

"same goes for any couple though...even without the age gap. just because you are the same age it doesnt guarentee a successful relationship.

This is so true - the chronological age in its own right is not the issue, the maturity, emotional or otherwise, the life experience, the baggage(good and bad), the belief system, the life script, shared values and expectations ... and several other largely unconscious matches... determine the relationship, its quality and longevity. I do not enter into relationships with others (not just love relationships but friendships of all sorts) with view that they need to last a lifetime. Some do - others dont and both are ok.

i would even go as far to say that age is one of the least contributing factors in a relationship. the only possible affect it could have is when you allow the difference in age to be judged by others outside of the relationship and let their opinions rule the outcome"

There is an offbeat film called "Harold and Maude", made I believe in the 70ies... she is about 80 - he is 20 ish I think - and they were having fun....

Not sure I would go this far myself but the factors would be about maturity and compatibility and life stages ...rather than the numbers or - like you said, other people's prejudice. In total agreement on that.

over a year ago

"There is an offbeat film called "Harold and Maude", made I believe in the 70ies... she is about 80 - he is 20 ish I think - and they were having fun....

Not sure I would go this far myself but the factors would be about maturity and compatibility and life stages ...rather than the numbers or - like you said, other people's prejudice. In total agreement on that."

there was also a living programme done on older ladies with younger guys and there was a similar relationship with a lady in her 80's and a guy in his late 20's. there was no doubt (however uncomfortable folk may have felt seeing them in public) that these two people loved and respected each other and brought something into each others lives that was otherwise missing. whilst i know there is going to be comments about how he must be the carer, not only was she agile, but even if that were true, what was he getting out of it.

it was nice to see that they loved each other regardless of public opinion and that they cared more for each other than for how they may be perceived.

...and i for one cant wait for my 80's now...might even consider settling down!

over a year ago

"

...and i for one cant wait for my 80's now...might even consider settling down!"

You have just given me hope lol

Post new Message to Thread