Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

clean up

Jump to newest

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

tine for a clean up of site members that have not logged in within a certain time- 3months i think is good enough

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

there could be tons of reasons why people havent logged - who are you to decide that they should be deleted???

just dont message them if they are not as regular a vitor as you would like

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"there could be tons of reasons why people havent logged - who are you to decide that they should be deleted???

just dont message them if they are not as regular a vitor as you would like "

have a think about it people with no pics up log in once then dont return cant see them coming back quick after 3months 6months a year etc etc, and another thing it would make it easy searching for people and not having bullshit profiles that not been active for months on end, if they really want to be a part of the site they should make an effort like everyone else..

rate over

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

funny just doing the same thing

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"there could be tons of reasons why people havent logged - who are you to decide that they should be deleted???

just dont message them if they are not as regular a vitor as you would like

have a think about it people with no pics up log in once then dont return cant see them coming back quick after 3months 6months a year etc etc, and another thing it would make it easy searching for people and not having bullshit profiles that not been active for months on end, if they really want to be a part of the site they should make an effort like everyone else..

rate over "

The ones that haven't been on for the longest will be at the end of your search. So just look at the ones that are first on the list and don't go any further!

Simple really

over a year ago

just dont message them if they are not as regular a vitor as you would like "

Don't you just hate stating the bleeding obvious!!

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

dont think people in here really understand must be the old age, il put it in simple terms, profiles that not been active in year or so plus get rid of them its called getting rid of dead wood, just cleans the site up abit, i run a wee site and deleting old profiles etc etc just keeps the crap down,

look at it as house work you keep on top of it the crap wont keep getting bigger and bigger

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"dont think people in here really understand must be the old age, il put it in simple terms, profiles that not been active in year or so plus get rid of them its called getting rid of dead wood, just cleans the site up abit, i run a wee site and deleting old profiles etc etc just keeps the crap down,

look at it as house work you keep on top of it the crap wont keep getting bigger and bigger "

Old age?

I fully understand what you were trying to say, but with all due respect, it really has nothing to do with you why other people haven't been the site in a while. As has been said already there could be a number of reasons why they haven't been on and why should they just be deleted without warning?

With age comes the wisdom to realise that everyone should let others be themselves

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

ok

i understand if they on ya friends list and not talked to ya for 3 months or so - but as a profile - people actually DO come back!!!

I have peeps on my friends list who i dont talk to regular but who run parties - and they only hold 2 year, so i keep them,

Each to9 their own and leacve perople alone to do thier own thing me thinks

xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

You really should concentrate on your own profile and your own life a bit more and worry about other members a little less, now if this comes across as rude then so be it.

I get so fed up with people trying to dictate how we all swing or don't swing on this site.

over a year ago

"You really should concentrate on your own profile and your own life a bit more and worry about other members a little less, now if this comes across as rude then so be it.

I get so fed up with people trying to dictate how we all swing or don't swing on this site."

Especially galling when it's from someone younger than my shoes!!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"You really should concentrate on your own profile and your own life a bit more and worry about other members a little less, now if this comes across as rude then so be it.

I get so fed up with people trying to dictate how we all swing or don't swing on this site.

Especially galling when it's from someone younger than my shoes!! "

LOL

no one could be youner than my shoues - i am only a 7...lol

But like your way of thinking xxxx

By *aravancoupleMan
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

we have a clean up every few months

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Especially galling when it's from someone younger than my shoes!!

oh yeah and thats possible, jog on granny "

Some people can keep shoes for over 20/22 years, especially woman who only seem to wear some once and then need to go buy new ones

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

thats a good point thats why they dont get the idea of a clean up, they dont want throw anything away that they can 'use' when they want

oh i cant wait to see the replay this gets..

so far so good anyway i should take up fishing i always get a bite

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"thats a good point thats why they dont get the idea of a clean up, they dont want throw anything away that they can 'use' when they want

oh i cant wait to see the replay this gets..

so far so good anyway i should take up fishing i always get a bite "

You might get replies like - Oh you are just doing this to wind folk up? or Are you doing this to get attention?

But not from me I still go back to my view of - It's got nothing to do with you or anyone else what others do with their OWN profiles!

over a year ago

see what happens when they put saturday kitchen on instead of cartoons!!

on a more serious note... who really cares it doesnt cost any more to the membership just means you need to work a wee bit harder to find what your looking for!

personally if someone hasnt been on for over a month i dont message them and really got better things to worry about but maube thats just me xx

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

i know what people are saying 'yes' but its not just for me its for everyone im thinking of, i just think be a good idea to get rid of dead wood from the site not just members that logged in 2years ago but cleaning up hijacked topics etc etc,

i know for a fact someone will say something so unless its half decent dont bother wasting your time or mine your just adding to she shit the needs cleaned up. thanks

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"i know what people are saying 'yes' but its not just for me its for everyone im thinking of, i just think be a good idea to get rid of dead wood from the site not just members that logged in 2years ago but cleaning up hijacked topics etc etc,

i know for a fact someone will say something so unless its half decent dont bother wasting your time or mine your just adding to she shit the needs cleaned up. thanks "

So what you are saying is that unless people agree with you then they are talking shit?

That's not discussion that's dictatorship......

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Unbelievably, some people DO have a life outwith this site. Yes I know that shouldn't be allowed!!

And who died and put you in charge of when and how often people should e here???

over a year ago

could start with this thread.......

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

"could start with this thread....... "

I agree, and get rid of all the profiles with one line of text in them while you're at it!

xAx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

What is everyone having for Lunch today?

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I just had a Weetabix because I got up late and missed my breakfast

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Am I going off topic now or am I adding to the debate for removing hijacked threads - now that's a puzzler lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Not at all, I am far more interested in the subject of Weetabix.....

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

puts on Marigolds and comes back in armed with duster, pledge and hoover declaring it's Spring clean time!!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"I just had a Weetabix because I got up late and missed my breakfast

"

oi you, thought I was getting breakfast in bed this morning????? xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

im comin to get you if you in cleaning mode!!! hello my new best friend!!!! xx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Not at all, I am far more interested in the subject of Weetabix....."

They are very good for you, but not to everyone's taste so I won't push my views on Weetabix on anyone else and let them make their own mind up, you know some people do like to have Cornflakes instead

Disclaimer - Other breakfast cereals are available!

over a year ago

"tine for a clean up of site members that have not logged in within a certain time- 3months i think is good enough "

Oh well if YOU think that's good enough - job done then eh ?

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I just had a Weetabix because I got up late and missed my breakfast

oi you, thought I was getting breakfast in bed this morning????? xxxxxxxxx"

Aw sorry I got too d*unk while in chat on here last night then went to check out some year old profiles so it got really late before I went bed and I slept in this morning lol

I could send you a Weetabix in the post to make up for it though xxx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Im disappearing for a while after next week, so can someone keep my seat for me in case someone else decides to have a clean up?

And Im a Shredded Wheat person myself...

over a year ago

2 Cornish pasties from ASDA

over a year ago

stop forcin your opinions on me and bullyin me because i dont agree with weetabix im being bullied and discriminated because i dont agree with you!!! xx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Im disappearing for a while after next week, so can someone keep my seat for me in case someone else decides to have a clean up?

And Im a Shredded Wheat person myself..."

You have really opened up the debate now by throwing in Shredded Wheat!

I had forgotten about that one, maybe on purpose though, as there is a Shredded Wheat story I could tell about the ex but I wouldn't want to be accused of thread hijacking

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"2 Cornish pasties from ASDA "

Now you are talking! But are they made locally or shipped in? Are they real Cornish pasties or cheap imitations which make a lot of crumbs and need to be cleaned up after?

Lots to debate so I am glad I had my Weetabix now

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"stop forcin your opinions on me and bullyin me because i dont agree with weetabix im being bullied and discriminated because i dont agree with you!!! xx"

I did add the Disclaimer though so you can't take me to court for being a Weetabix supporter

over a year ago

"2 Cornish pasties from ASDA

Now you are talking! But are they made locally or shipped in? Are they real Cornish pasties or cheap imitations which make a lot of crumbs and need to be cleaned up after?

Lots to debate so I am glad I had my Weetabix now "

Naaa, just cheap flaky imitations made instore, but they're ok, and yes the crumbs have to be cleaned up, just like old worn out profiles

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Naaa, just cheap flaky imitations made instore, but they're ok, and yes the crumbs have to be cleaned up, just like old worn out profiles "

Best to ask the OP about the cleaning up the crumbs, they do seem to have views on what is best in that respect

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I'm throwing Bran flakes into the mix, just to get the motion going and stir the shit

over a year ago

I've got a petulant 20 something at home who thinks she knows everything. I'm certainly not getting into petty banter with kids in here!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

but what did you have for breakfast though sassy??

over a year ago

"but what did you have for breakfast though sassy?? "

Crunchy nut clusters and orange juice, although I was torn between the clusters and Weetabix - lolol...ooh decisions decisions, difficult when you're old!!

over a year ago

Naaa, just cheap flaky imitations made instore, but they're ok, and yes the crumbs have to be cleaned up, just like old worn out profiles

Best to ask the OP about the cleaning up the crumbs, they do seem to have views on what is best in that respect "

I might suggest a dustpan and brush, but somehow I think they may have bigger things in store - like an industrial vacuum cleaner, you know, one of those things that sweep the gutters and suck out the drains, with that long pipe

over a year ago

it can be months between the times i log into here. but every now and again i do get chance to sit and catch up with old faces, and new people alike,

would this mean that i could end up losing my profile?

i'm glad my doctor doesnt operate the same logic!!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Best to ask the OP about the cleaning up the crumbs, they do seem to have views on what is best in that respect

I might suggest a dustpan and brush, but somehow I think they may have bigger things in store - like an industrial vacuum cleaner, you know, one of those things that sweep the gutters and suck out the drains, with that long pipe "

Are you suggesting that my pledge and hoover are not good enough????

Flouncing off now in a haze of Ambi Pur and Febreeze

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"but what did you have for breakfast though sassy??

Crunchy nut clusters and orange juice, although I was torn between the clusters and Weetabix - lolol...ooh decisions decisions, difficult when you're old!! "

Well I had an energy drink instead of the orange juice which got me thinking - yeah I know; not again I hear you say!

Do you prefer the less popular branded energy drinks that just come and go or do you prefer the far more popular brand, that has been around for years, sitting on the Supermarket shelf, just teasing you to pick it up so it will "give you wings" to fly away from Fab for any length of time that you might need to do other real life things, before coming back down feeling great that you haven't been cleaned out?

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I might suggest a dustpan and brush, but somehow I think they may have bigger things in store - like an industrial vacuum cleaner, you know, one of those things that sweep the gutters and suck out the drains, with that long pipe "

Do Dyson make industrial cleaners too? Because I heard they don't lose suction and seeing as the clean out would be a regular task (in some peoples eyes) you have got to have a tool fit for the job!

Hey that's what my last meet told me too and I didn't dissapoint pmsl

over a year ago

Crunchy nut clusters and orange juice, although I was torn between the clusters and Weetabix - lolol...ooh decisions decisions, difficult when you're old!!

Well I had an energy drink instead of the orange juice which got me thinking - yeah I know; not again I hear you say!

Do you prefer the less popular branded energy drinks that just come and go or do you prefer the far more popular brand, that has been around for years, sitting on the Supermarket shelf, just teasing you to pick it up so it will "give you wings" to fly away from Fab for any length of time that you might need to do other real life things, before coming back down feeling great that you haven't been cleaned out? "

Never had an energy drink in my life...unless you count...erm...I'll keep it clean!!

over a year ago

" you have got to have a tool fit for the job!

Hey that's what my last meet told me too and I didn't dissapoint pmsl "

I'm there's me keeping it clean! Tsk, you can always rely on someone to lower the tone - lol!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I might suggest a dustpan and brush, but somehow I think they may have bigger things in store - like an industrial vacuum cleaner, you know, one of those things that sweep the gutters and suck out the drains, with that long pipe

Do Dyson make industrial cleaners too? Because I heard they don't lose suction and seeing as the clean out would be a regular task (in some peoples eyes) you have got to have a tool fit for the job!

Hey that's what my last meet told me too and I didn't dissapoint pmsl "

You been nicking my drugs BB or just daydreaming again????? MWAH!! xx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Do you prefer the less popular branded energy drinks that just come and go or do you prefer the far more popular brand, that has been around for years, sitting on the Supermarket shelf, just teasing you to pick it up so it will "give you wings" to fly away from Fab for any length of time that you might need to do other real life things, before coming back down feeling great that you haven't been cleaned out?

Never had an energy drink in my life...unless you count...erm...I'll keep it clean!! "

Aye you better, we don't want to be going off topic now, although I do prefer a Mars Bar over the inferior Topic anyday!

over a year ago

"I do prefer a Mars Bar "

Hmmmmm...now your talking!! Forget rubbish like bran and power drinks!!

over a year ago

Never had an energy drink in my life...unless you count...erm...I'll keep it clean!!

Aye you better, we don't want to be going off topic now, although I do prefer a Mars Bar over the inferior Topic anyday! "

deep fried???xx

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I could go on like this all day (another quote from a previous meet pmsl) but it isn't answering the OP's point which I believe was:-

"Should Admin go around cleaning out profiles of people who can't accept everyone is entitled to do what they want with their OWN profile or should they let it be Each To Their Own"

That was my understanding of thread anyway!

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Aye you better, we don't want to be going off topic now, although I do prefer a Mars Bar over the inferior Topic anyday!

deep fried???xx "

Only in Scotland seemingly lol xxx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

ok you will have to post without the abuse couple.

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"ok you will have to post without the abuse couple."

dont take nice to being called a 'kid'..........

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Then act like an adult instead and stop throwing the abuse about.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

And there was me thinking I had a sense of humour

I wondered why I couldn't reply to the removed post, Quick Fingers Rugby strikes again

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

;-)

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

you can still replay without my post being there

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"you can still replay without my post being there "

I did ^^^^^

over a year ago

come on couple im sure you can act like adults if you on an adult site!! x

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"come on couple im sure you can act like adults if you on an adult site!! x"

yeah i can i was taking it well untill a few people starting taking the piss and trying make me out to be a di*khead then il start back no matter who or what its on, il give back what im getting

over a year ago

Awww... have I missed it all again? Shucks, could have done with some saturday afternoon entertainment

over a year ago

no one says you need to take abuse but you know the score you post you take the risk we all do it and we all get it but you can answer back without being rude! x

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"i know what people are saying 'yes' but its not just for me its for everyone im thinking of, i just think be a good idea to get rid of dead wood from the site not just members that logged in 2years ago but cleaning up hijacked topics etc etc,

i know for a fact someone will say something so unless its half decent dont bother wasting your time or mine your just adding to she shit the needs cleaned up. thanks "

To be honest, you need a good dose of reality or really need to find out how these sites work.

It is NOT for YOU to say what should be done.... thats up to Admin and the people that own the site.

We are not in a dictatorship YET.... therefore, the majority will always get listened to and whilst I accept that you are probably fed up with trawling through the masses of profiles on here that haven't logged in since FAB began, thats part of life!

YOU have no control over hijacked threads...... it happens, its fun..... get over it and chill.

Once you start learning that swinging is not just about sex but it also has a social side and a fun/laughter side, then you will stop worrying about what is said on here.

And to be brutally honest, you ARE kids in the eyes of the majority on here. YOU have not yet lived your life the way the MAJORITY have. You are not as advanced in years or, taking stock of what you have written on here, you haven't yet got the 'glaze' of maturity.

Shit happens, mud gets slung, people will disagree with you, some people will want to meet you, the majority won't because of your ages, and people will hijack your threads!

Like I said, get over it. If you can't, you are not mature enough to swing and therefore, become a danger to those you play with.

Honest truth..... take it how you will

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"come on couple im sure you can act like adults if you on an adult site!! x

yeah i can i was taking it well untill a few people starting taking the piss and trying make me out to be a di*khead then il start back no matter who or what its on, il give back what im getting"

If you would care to go back through your posts, you were the first one to talk about age.

People answered you, you decide to abuse them.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Having steak pie for tea now, the 1 Weetabix at Lunchtime just wasn't enough to keep me going all day

What is on the menu for the rest of you?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Pizza......I don't normally eat pizza but I really fancy one tonight

over a year ago

Blimey!

Nothing like making someone feel welcome in the forums.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Blimey!

Nothing like making someone feel welcome in the forums."

Come and share my Steak Pie anytime

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Pizza......I don't normally eat pizza but I really fancy one tonight "

Save a slice for me please

By *ishful.thinkingWoman
over a year ago

east london

Dam it now I have to go clean up the kitchen and cook, was doing fine till someone started on about food!!!!!

over a year ago

, is old so had mashed up weetabix mixed with knowledge of reading forums for brekky

over a year ago

Well, after my 2 snidey ASDA Cornish Pasties earlier today, we had a nasty, filty, greasy kebab, garlic bread special, chilli sauce and chips.

It was mingin, but we needed it.

Now for some cider and beer to wash it down and kill the grease.

No I won't be modding the chatrooms tonight, not full of beer and ASDA cheap cider anyway. been there, done it and had my arse kicked

over a year ago

"Blimey!

Nothing like making someone feel welcome in the forums."

Nothing like posting then getting abusive when peeps dont agree with you...

over a year ago

i thought that was the reason some people were in the forums to get all huffy when somethin doesnt go their way and make out they were the poor misunderstood souls???

anyway its all love and peace now old young and inbetween xx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Pizza......I don't normally eat pizza but I really fancy one tonight

Save a slice for me please "

Oh, I ate it

over a year ago

I agree, there could be a time limit, dump old inactive profiles. There is a thread going on about people with multiple profiles with the reason some may have multi profiles.

There is another thread about profile names and how hard it is to find suitable names if your joining or even wanting to change the name...

All helps with tidying up.

For those who thing that profiles should not be deleted in a year of not being logged on, how about 20 years or 10 or 5 or 2? Or are you adamant that they should be here for eternity?

over a year ago

I dont get huffy ....I get horribly sarcastic....much more entertaining...well for me anyway...

over a year ago

Maybe a halfway house .......

If a profile hasn't been accessed in x amount of time, it is automatically hidden, and thus not available in searches, until the member next logs on.

When the member logs back on, the profile is automatically unhidden and appears in searches

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Pizza......I don't normally eat pizza but I really fancy one tonight

Save a slice for me please

Oh, I ate it "

Just as well my steak pie flled me up for just now then

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

oooh, profile peek-a-boo. I like that

over a year ago

Fab is not unique in having dormant profiles. I've yet to visit a website like this where accounts are closed.

We can all make suggestions to admin on how the site can be improved, there's a section for that.

I find it annoying that people who wish to dictate their views are unable to acknowledge others may have a differing view and can air them without ridicule!

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"I agree, there could be a time limit, dump old inactive profiles. There is a thread going on about people with multiple profiles with the reason some may have multi profiles.

There is another thread about profile names and how hard it is to find suitable names if your joining or even wanting to change the name...

For those who thing that profiles should not be deleted in a year of not being logged on, how about 20 years or 10 or 5 or 2? Or are you adamant that they should be here for eternity?"

thank you at least you know what i mean, with out some of the people in this trying be funny etc and they go on about 'kids' on this lol *******

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I agree, there could be a time limit, dump old inactive profiles. There is a thread going on about people with multiple profiles with the reason some may have multi profiles.

For those who thing that profiles should not be deleted in a year of not being logged on, how about 20 years or 10 or 5 or 2? Or are you adamant that they should be here for eternity?

thank you at least you know what i mean, with out some of the people in this trying be funny etc and they go on about 'kids' on this lol *******"

I was funny

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Why would it matter to you how long it is since someone logged on the site. People dont log on for various reasons. I simply cant see why your getting your knickers in such a twist cause someone hasnt logged on the site. Theres hundreds that do log on so why bother about the few that dont

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

thank you at least you know what i mean, with out some of the people in this trying be funny etc and they go on about 'kids' on this lol *******

I was funny "

awk well done have a gold star

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I was funny

awk well done have a gold star"

Cheers, will I pop over to collect it or will you bring it here?

over a year ago

BELFAST UK

will bring it over, im around that way in few wks time

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"will bring it over, im around that way in few wks time "

Thanks again - I will be waiting patiently now

over a year ago

"Why would it matter to you how long it is since someone logged on the site. People dont log on for various reasons. I simply cant see why your getting your knickers in such a twist cause someone hasnt logged on the site. Theres hundreds that do log on so why bother about the few that dont"

I have a very good friend in Kabul, he has reasons for not having logged in for almost a year.

over a year ago

"Fab is not unique in having dormant profiles. I've yet to visit a website like this where accounts are closed.

We can all make suggestions to admin on how the site can be improved, there's a section for that.

I find it annoying that people who wish to dictate their views are unable to acknowledge others may have a differing view and can air them without ridicule! "

Isn't it funny how the sensible posts are ignored .......

over a year ago

When one registers an account here it doesn't say "Your account will be removed after xxx amount of inactivity." It doesn't say that does it?

So, it's reasonable to assume therefore that if one, for whatever reason, cannot or does not want to log in then their account will remain active until the wish to come back to it.

Now if someone searching the profiles doesn't have enough brain matter to look at when someone last logged in and think, "Hmmm, a year ago, I won't message them as they probably won't read it until 2015" then they can't very well get arsey about it and ask for that account to be removed.

over a year ago

"When one registers an account here it doesn't say "Your account will be removed after xxx amount of inactivity." It doesn't say that does it? "

Not yet it doesn't, rule changes all the time

Post new Message to Thread