Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

betty/jenny from devon

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

just heard that jenny's light has been nearly snuffed out from life by car accident. dont know what else to say but tried to get in touch and nothing on her phone. Prayers are with you, and if rumours are true damn the other driver and god help you and your young children, i/we wait and hope to hear word as we cannot interrupt in family time like this, xxxxxxxx but god i will do as i can and im sure those that know you will let those who care ( hundreds of them) know what has happened. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We love you babe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good luck, hope you are ok!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Goodness! do you mean Betty Boo?

What an awful thing

Thinking of her and hope and pray shes going to be ok xxx

By *ausage and sizzleCouple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

"just heard that jenny's light has been nearly snuffed out from life by car accident. dont know what else to say but tried to get in touch and nothing on her phone. Prayers are with you, and if rumours are true damn the other driver and god help you and your young children, i/we wait and hope to hear word as we cannot interrupt in family time like this, xxxxxxxx but god i will do as i can and im sure those that know you will let those who care ( hundreds of them) know what has happened. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx We love you babe"

I hope she's okay, please can you let us know if you hear anything else? We wish her well.

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Don't know her but wishing her and her family all the best XXX

over a year ago

Ohh dear i hope she recovers.

over a year ago

Guys all i know is she was returning from her ex husband who refused to let her see her middle child and she went off the road with her youngest who is 8 and went into a river! from what i heard her youngest was underwater and she got her out before she was swept downstream, sorry guys will update as much as i can but i may lose my job over this ---------- but fuck it she was good to me. im hoping she is ok as she was a qualifed diver and Rm wren please let me be right XXXXXXXXXXXXX

over a year ago

thoughts are with them xx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Don't know her but wishing her and her family all the best XXX"

same here, seen her post about the forums now and then. wishing her a speedy recovery and hope her family are ok to

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Noooo thats terrible! It fields weird hearing news like this about someone you see posting on here and whom you have enjoyed their input. I can only speak for my self but i am sure many others who have interacted with her will join me in sending out best wishes to her.

over a year ago

It would appear that she managed to get her little girl out and on to dry land before she was swept downstream! thats all i know at this point and i should not be putting this on the net as my job is involved but im trusting you as her friends to keep it between those who matter. So Please pass word to those who were here friends and i will update in morning after i have been to 'a place' but prayers should be said, and according to a witness, she rocked trying to save her little girl BLESS

By *arracks7Couple
over a year ago

Now in Warrington

OMG ... my thoughts n prayers r with her xxxxx

over a year ago

"It would appear that she managed to get her little girl out and on to dry land before she was swept downstream! thats all i know at this point and i should not be putting this on the net as my job is involved but im trusting you as her friends to keep it between those who matter. So Please pass word to those who were here friends and i will update in morning after i have been to 'a place' but prayers should be said, and according to a witness, she rocked trying to save her little girl BLESS"

Only just saw this thread and will stop posting for tonight out of respect for the people affected by the emerging tragedy, our thoughts are with the families.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

hope any news will be good news

over a year ago

this is truly shocking!

im helen a lurker 'n very occasional poster on these forums.

i dont know betty in person, but i have been reading the forums since i joined fab. it is possible to get a 'feel' about people though their posts 'n betty always comes across as an open, honest 'n fun loving woman....someone who would be good to know.

my thoughts too are with her, her friends 'n her family. Hx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"this is truly shocking!

im helen a lurker 'n very occasional poster on these forums.

i dont know betty in person, but i have been reading the forums since i joined fab. it is possible to get a 'feel' about people though their posts 'n betty always comes across as an open, honest 'n fun loving woman....someone who would be good to know.

my thoughts too are with her, her friends 'n her family. Hx"

Mine too

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

We've chatted to betty a few times and are very shocked to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. Please God let her be found alive xx

over a year ago

WOW I do hope we get a little positive news today, I didn't know Betty either but we had messaged once or twice seems a fabulous woman to me. My thoughts and prayers are with her her family and friends.

I do hope she is safe and well

Rex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I'm thinking of Betty, we chatted a few times last year and were hoping to get down there to see her on our bikes, she's a lovely lady, we hope she recovers and send all her and her familly our love and best wishes. X

over a year ago

My thoughts are with Betty and her family.

Her and I have chatted, next time she was coming north we were hoping to meet.

My blood runs cold at the thought of her shining light dimming. May all who can help her do so and may the gods who watch over her do so now. xxxxxx

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Hope all is well, thoughts and prayers with all concerned

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

with much love and strength to those who know her x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

OMG thats dreadful news.

Thank heavens she managed to save her child - so lets hope someone was looking out for her.

Prayers are with her and hers xxxx

over a year ago

My Best Wishes & Thoughts are with Betty and her family xxx

over a year ago

Best wishes to her family and praying it all turns out ok! Have had great times at jenny's and hope to again!

over a year ago

Terrible news, hope everyones ok. She messaged us yesterday wishing us a good time at the social at Barnsley.

She's having a bit of a tough time in her personal life at the moment too, but this puts things into perpective.

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

I cant seem to be able to reply on the forums for some reason, can you try. Please copy and paste this and let every one know

SultryKitten has been struggling to post this... so she's asked if I can try... she's PM the following NEWS!!!

"Just been informed that Betty was found nearly 4 miles downstream, alive

just!! hypothermic, badly battered and bruised and a few cracked ribs, but thank god she is alive. Well done to the rescue services. And fingers crossed that she makes a speedy recovery. How the hell she managed to survive i will never know."

over a year ago

i dont know betty but have been following this thread like most ppl i guess and to know that she has been found alive is fantastic news.well done to the rescue team and we hope she gets better very soon .all our best wishes xxxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/04/10 11:33:46]

over a year ago

Such good news to know she is alive.... it has brought my smile back.

I do hope she continues to go from strength to strength, all praise to Betty's lust for life that kept her going.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *hristalCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Just found this thread and read in horror.

Dont know Betty personally but have spoken via a few threads before.

Thinking of you and your family and do hope that things are ok.

Christal x

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"I cant seem to be able to reply on the forums for some reason, can you try. Please copy and paste this and let every one know

SultryKitten has been struggling to post this... so she's asked if I can try... she's PM the following NEWS!!!

just!! hypothermic, badly battered and bruised and a few cracked ribs, but thank god she is alive. Well done to the rescue services. And fingers crossed that she makes a speedy recovery. How the hell she managed to survive i will never know.""

Thats such good news!! Thanks for letting us know. Wishing her and her family a speedy recovery x

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

That is wonderful news, hope she makes a speedy recovery. One very luck lady byt the sound and her guardian angel must have been there for her

over a year ago

That is such amazing news - even though we dont know her personally, we are really relieved to hear the good outcome.Hope she recovers really quickly

over a year ago

A true testament to the power and courage of strong women.

As with others here, read this story in horror, but always hoping for the best for such a large character, here on Fab. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and sending our thoughts. Get well soon Betty.

newbies

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Brilliant news. Wishing Betty and her family a speedy recovery. GET WELL SOON XXX

over a year ago

"A true testament to the power and courage of strong women.

As with others here, read this story in horror, but always hoping for the best for such a large character, here on Fab. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and sending our thoughts. Get well soon Betty.

newbies

"

Bit of a cheat but the above says it all I think and I agree 100%

Betty must have a guardian angel take care and recover from your ordeal with ease hunny

Rex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

"

just!! hypothermic, badly battered and bruised and a few cracked ribs, but thank god she is alive. Well done to the rescue services. And fingers crossed that she makes a speedy recovery. How the hell she managed to survive i will never know.""

I have never met BettyBoo or SultryKitten in person... But both are very loving and caring ladies and they are close friends to each other, from my understand... so no doubt these past hours have been hell for both... for Betty with pain, fears and a fight for life... and for Sultry just just knowing something has happen to your friend... and there is nothing you can do but wait for news...

And thank God its good news... Sultry had pointed me in the direction of this thread in the early hours of this morning with a PM but as I read the post's I was just too stunned and shock to write anything sooner...

BettyBoo stood up for me big time in the forums a while back when as I the newbie was being bullied by some of the nasties that lurk in here... And I so respected the plucky unknown character and what she did... sadly she pledge after that never to post in the forums again... and thats how I got introduced to SultryKitten she messaged me at the time to say just how upset BettyBoo had become by the whole thing... she had defended me and then the nastiness had turn onto her for doing so...

So that's how I got to know of these two lovely women... like I've said I've never meet them both... but you just know from their personal friendship and the messages I've received from both of them... that they are rare in life these days... they are honest, open, and very caring... they both have my upmost respect, love and best wishes...

I hope BettyBoo makes a speedy recovery and no doubts about SultryKitten will be there for her...

Love to you both

Jason xxx

over a year ago

"

BettyBoo stood up for me big time in the forums a while back when as I the newbie was being bullied by some of the nasties that lurk in here... And I so respected the plucky unknown character and what she did... sadly she pledge after that never to post in the forums again... and thats how I got introduced to SultryKitten she messaged me at the time to say just how upset BettyBoo had become by the whole thing... she had defended me and then the nastiness had turn onto her for doing so..."

Really no need to bring that up again, I didn't see any nastiness in either direction, but glad to hear she's ok!

over a year ago

"

BettyBoo stood up for me big time in the forums a while back when as I the newbie was being bullied by some of the nasties that lurk in here... And I so respected the plucky unknown character and what she did... sadly she pledge after that never to post in the forums again... and thats how I got introduced to SultryKitten she messaged me at the time to say just how upset BettyBoo had become by the whole thing... she had defended me and then the nastiness had turn onto her for doing so...

Really no need to bring that up again, I didn't see any nastiness in either direction, but glad to hear she's ok!"

Think I agree Nino....much as I love Betty and wish her a speedy recover I feel there is so much personal stuff on here and she is not here to answer or explain, perhaps ppl should keep it neutral and send only best wishes.

over a year ago

dont know the lady, but sounds like a nightmare, and never want to see anyone hurt, hope she and her daughter who i think was in the car are ok...

half way through writing this saw she has been found hopefully things go well xx

over a year ago

Hi all,

just to let you all know I have spoken to her son and he asked me to thank everyone for their support. She is battered and bruised but will be fine.

We wish her lots of love and a speedy recovery, no doubt we will be see her on here soon.

Minx & Foxy x

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Our paths have crossed briefly in the past, I sincerely hope that she makes a very speedy recovery from what must have been a totally shocking incident.

Jane

over a year ago

Definatly great news and someone upstairs must be looking after you Jenny. Hope you and the family have a good recovery and look after one another. Eager xxx

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

I've spoken to Betty a couple of times but won't perport to know her well.

However...... I raise my glass to one very brave and plucky lady.

Get well soon hun..... and come and tell us how you are doing.

Much hugs

Maddie xxxxxxxxx

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Wow - what fantastic news, battered and bruised is most defo manageable and she should make a speedy recovery

God bless and see ya cheeky wee self back on the boards soon we hope xxx

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

She must be a very determined lady to have survived in the water for that long. Only know of her from reading her occasional posts, but she is obviously one tough cookie! Very glad to hear that she is safe and, all things considered, fairly well.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Well, I promised to gather her some info for the holiday she was planning and forgot to do so Still going to do this without fail now as it looks like she will need this holiday more than ever.

Betty, if you can read this, really glad you`re still with us and that you quickly recover physically and mentally and that your daughter is OK as well!

over a year ago

evesham

fantastic to hear that she has been found alive - wishing her a speedy recovery

over a year ago

just heard that jenny had a cardiac arrest this evening but dont know the full story - will update when i can

over a year ago

my thoughts are with her and her family and hope she pulls through this xx

over a year ago

Have messaged betty a couple of times and just hope everything is going ok with her at this time xxx

over a year ago

Jenny is going to be ok, and might even be home in next few days. Her daughter is fine also and will be home too.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Jenny is going to be ok, and might even be home in next few days. Her daughter is fine also and will be home too.

"

Thank god for that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

That's excellent news. Wishing you a speedy recovery Betty xx

over a year ago

Good news to hear jenny and family are ok , hope she recover's and makes a full recovery x

over a year ago

That is so good to hear -we have both been thinking about her. all the very best xxx

over a year ago

evesham

excellent to hear that she is doing ok, fingers crossed that she is home soon

over a year ago

Jenny and her daughter are home now. Bit bruised and battered but all in one piece. She just needs to rest for a while now, but she will soon be up and running again

By *eprobatepairCouple
over a year ago

london

Never really spoken to her but so glad that they are home at least.

over a year ago

Good news

over a year ago

I went to see jenny today and was 'shocked ' to say the least, the beautiful jenny is still the same despite being badly bruised and cut, but her sense of humour was definately still there. Her survival instinct is fantastic and despite not being able to talk very well, ( which is a godsend - and i will have my arse kicked for that) she is upbeat and just looking forward. But i did give her into trouble as she insisted on driving home from hospital as she said if she didnt she would never get behind a wheel again. Dont think i could do it! Anyway folks she may be more black than white at the moment but she is like the terminator - she will be back xxxx lol

over a year ago

please pass my regards to her xx

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

"I went to see jenny today and was 'shocked ' to say the least, the beautiful jenny is still the same despite being badly bruised and cut, but her sense of humour was definately still there. Her survival instinct is fantastic and despite not being able to talk very well, ( which is a godsend - and i will have my arse kicked for that) she is upbeat and just looking forward. But i did give her into trouble as she insisted on driving home from hospital as she said if she didnt she

would never get behind a wheel again. Dont think i could do it! Anyway folks she may be more

black than white at the moment but she is like the terminator - she will be back xxxx lol "

good on her for driving home... You have too... Honestly! Puts the demon to rest that way...

In my younger day I had a crash and rolled an old ex army forward control landrover on a bend... and luckily only suffered a few cuts and bruises... A near friend in the back fractured here neck... Luckily she was okay... But niether the less the whole shock of seeing the 5 of us in it in various states of shock... Hit me to the core as I just felt guilty as I was the driver...

Drove again that afternoon with support of my friends and it eased the blame on myself...

But the next morning... Could hardly move... I was so sore and stiff and waves of guilt... and the shock of the whole incident... And my poor friend in hospital with her broken neck for weeks and weeks...

You just have to get back to normal... Asap... And certainly not dwell on things...

So go annoy her... Sarah! Keep her busy and send her heaps of love from us all...

over a year ago

Guys, ive just logged on and seen the forum and the support, and just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for there wishes and thoughts, my son has been inundated with calls and texts from you all and im overwhelmed by it all.

As for my little girl she is fine, just bruised and a bit shaken by it all, but is gradually going outside and not staying by my side any more. And as for me i will be ok, arnica is being used by the bucket load for the bruises and the cuts will mend as will the broken bones. Car was a hire car so dont really give a sh*t about that, all that matters is us moving on and being glass half full. Thank you once again to everyone, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from both myself and my little girl xxx

But special thank you to sultry kitten as she was the social worker on call that night and had to look after little one till they traced my son, and of course find me. Thank you x

over a year ago

big hugs to you all betty xxx

over a year ago

Welcome back, hope you're feeling better soon

over a year ago

Good to see you back Betty and great news that you and your family are together. xxxx

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

Great news Betty, Good to see you back

x

over a year ago

"Guys, ive just logged on and seen the forum and the support, and just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for there wishes and thoughts, my son has been inundated with calls and texts from you all and im overwhelmed by it all.

As for my little girl she is fine, just bruised and a bit shaken by it all, but is gradually going outside and not staying by my side any more. And as for me i will be ok, arnica is being used by the bucket load for the bruises and the cuts will mend as will the broken bones. Car was a hire car so dont really give a sh*t about that, all that matters is us moving on and being glass half full. Thank you once again to everyone, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from both myself and my little girl xxx

But special thank you to sultry kitten as she was the social worker on call that night and had to look after little one till they traced my son, and of course find me. Thank you x"

WOW Betty you sound so relaxed and cool for a woman who ended up being washed 4 miles downstream in a river after crashing a car

Daaaaaaam woman you must be made of bloody strong stuff.

Soooooooooooooo good to hear your doing fantastically well and recovering at your pace.

Look after yourself sexy woman

Rex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(and no we haven't met lol)

over a year ago

evesham

excellent news that you and your daughter are pysically ok. Will take a while for the emotional and mental scares to heal but you sound like a resiliant woman and i am sure with the help and love of your friends and family you will get there xxx

over a year ago

"excellent news that you and your daughter are pysically ok. Will take a while for the emotional and mental scares to heal but you sound like a resiliant woman and i am sure with the help and love of your friends and family you will get there xxx"

Could not have put that better myself - you are a ballsy woman by the sound of it. But then you showed that quality before. Best of luck and a speedy recovery xx

Post new Message to Thread