Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Voice contact

Jump to newest

By *istress-Mazikeen OP   Woman
over a year ago

bolton

Please is it me, or has anyone else,been put off when you make the first telephone call, and their voice is not what you thought it was.

Has it put you off meeting someone?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think their voice itself would put me off but I think if their tone lacked confidence then I possibly would have doubts.

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

Yes it has.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I think the tone of voice is important and how chatty and easy they are to talk to

Have to say I would'nt be that impressed with Joe Pascuale type voice though

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Yes......

He sounded just like Penfold from Dangermouse. I couldn't stop laughing on the phone...... so certainly couldn't meet him. I'd have wet myself laughing!

By *istress-Mazikeen OP   Woman
over a year ago

bolton

"I think the tone of voice is important and how chatty and easy they are to talk to

Have to say I would'nt be that impressed with Joe Pascuale type voice though "

Ummm that is what happened to me, but how do you tell them!

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Yep it was truly shocking! The voice was deeper than mine and I said to my self “eyups mat you might not come back from this one with your balls still attached” …………The question is then how do you let down without offending.

over a year ago

"Please is it me, or has anyone else,been put off when you make the first telephone call, and their voice is not what you thought it was.

Has it put you off meeting someone?"

What a great post! Yes, it can happen, voice, accent, speed of speech, choice of vocabulary tells a lot about the person... and before that first contact, we all tend to have expectations, transference from previous experience with other, not necessarily swinging people... So having a good impression confirmed through a phone call is great... and when it is not confirmed, we have the choice of being open or very diplomatic.

My partner is naturally a lot more diplomatic and more concerned with how the couple/ person might feel if he appears to be rejecting them than me, my personality is more to the point. But bottom line is.. if our instinct tells us that we have reservations... we do not meet.

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"I think the tone of voice is important and how chatty and easy they are to talk to

Ummm that is what happened to me, but how do you tell them!"

So are you going to meet him or not?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ummm that is what happened to me, but how do you tell them!"

Very very tactfully and nicely? Its never happened to me,I have spoken to people that Ive struggled to chat easily with,its not so hard then to say you don't think its going to work and wish them well but to tell someone because of their voice is different

Good luck

over a year ago

"Yes......

He sounded just like Penfold from Dangermouse. I couldn't stop laughing on the phone...... so certainly couldn't meet him. I'd have wet myself laughing! "

pssstt... someone go call the you-know-whos while I keep her talking, mad bint finks she's been talking to a cartoon.

By *oobCouple
over a year ago

Netherlands

Wouldn't msn ( or skype ) with sound before giving out phone number, personaly.

By *oobCouple
over a year ago

Netherlands

... er that was a bit backwards.

Wouldn't give out phone number before..........

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Have me tart phone - and use that particualr brand as you can block numbers on the handset

So once you have spoken if you dont like the sound of them and they still fecking persistant playing games, then you canjust block.

Yes i have haad misconceptions before - thought i was talking to a well spoken gent - and was very shocked when he had a right common accent, lol

Also had it the other way round recently too where last week did a random number change and spoke to a very well spoken man, who i enjoyed chatting to yet would not really have considered before.

All good

over a year ago

"Please is it me, or has anyone else,been put off when you make the first telephone call, and their voice is not what you thought it was.

In my case, they're dead keen when they hear me on the phone - it's just when they see my piccies that they go off the idea.

over a year ago

A person's voice can put me off him as well as her!

over a year ago

Lol I thought it was just me!

I like "manly" voices and the owner of said voice to have a reasonable vocabulary. I've turned down meets if they've had whiney, nasaly voices or if when talking to them they keep asking "what does that mean".

Doesn't matter how drop dead gorgeous you are, if you can't hold even a basic conversation I wouldn't go there.

Personally I'd probably say I was busy or taking a break so as not to hurt the other persons feelings. If they become persistent then tell them the truth!

over a year ago

In my case, they're dead keen when they hear me on the phone - it's just when they see my piccies that they go off the idea. "

Timmy, what are you like lol

over a year ago

"Lol I thought it was just me!

I like "manly" voices and the owner of said voice to have a reasonable vocabulary. I've turned down meets if they've had whiney, nasaly voices or if when talking to them they keep asking "what does that mean".

Doesn't matter how drop dead gorgeous you are, if you can't hold even a basic conversation I wouldn't go there.

Personally I'd probably say I was busy or taking a break so as not to hurt the other persons feelings. If they become persistent then tell them the truth! "

To me (female,lol) the vocabulary has a lot to do with it. No, I am not talking about Oxford/Cambridge education or an "upper class" accent reflecting or hinting at a privileged upbringing.

I AM talking about how language and somebody's choice of words may reflect somebody's intellect, ability to verbalise in abstract terms...., differentiate, us humour in a subtle and intelligent , non-offensive way.... that to me makes a good basis for an evening of fun. Also, an ability to listen to me and thus provide two way chatting are key ingredients. If those

are accompanied by a manly voice... the wow factor is there.

Somebody pointed out earlier that the is the "voice" attraction for males also.. I would be interested how the male posters perceive this?

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Have me tart phone - and use that particualr brand as you can block numbers on the handset

So once you have spoken if you dont like the sound of them and they still fecking persistant playing games, then you canjust block.

Yes i have haad misconceptions before - thought i was talking to a well spoken gent - and was very shocked when he had a right common accent, lol

Also had it the other way round recently too where last week did a random number change and spoke to a very well spoken man, who i enjoyed chatting to yet would not really have considered before.

All good "

Whew is not me then as i am never well spoken Bit off ruff gruff always puts a smile on a face dosn't it

over a year ago

Some time ago, had been messaging a lady then eventually spoke to her on the phone, sounded fine.

Then........... spoke on the phone again and what a difference, every 2nd word began with "f"!! So just let it go, to be honest.

Also, peculiarly she didn't see a problem with having a guy in while her youngest was in the house!!

With reference to another thread on here, I do have standards!

over a year ago

no its no just u hun i didnt

meet a guy cause i didnt like

the sound of voice lol xxx

over a year ago

It can be funny speaking to people for the first time, you usually create some sort of idea in your head as to how they'll sound.

Have had a few suprises, but nothing offputting so far. I think there could be some circumstances where I might change my mind though

over a year ago

"Some time ago, had been messaging a lady then eventually spoke to her on the phone, sounded fine.

Then........... spoke on the phone again and what a difference, every 2nd word began with "f"!! So just let it go, to be honest.

Also, peculiarly she didn't see a problem with having a guy in while her youngest was in the house!!

With reference to another thread on here, I do have standards!"

I (female) don't have a problem with the occasional naughty word coming out in certain contexts quite funny and with some people the "f" word does not seem so offensive. Not sure why, lol..

Having said that, I would not want to meet people who can only express themselves in bleep or grunt language, it kind of kills the chance to connect at a level beyond the physical?

It is just so much more rewarding, in want of a better description, to connect with somebody through their humour, their interests, their stories... than cold mechanical sex. Well for me anyway.... So going back to the swearing, especially with kids about, it might put us off from meeting an otherwise really lovely person.....

over a year ago

Tone and accent can definately have a bearing of what people perceive you to be like.

I'm originally from the Black Country and moved to Cornwall in 1995. A memory that will stay with me forever was when I went to meet a customer, face to face, for the first time.

After I introduced myself he said, "you're not what I was expecting, I thought you were a black guy"

I said "I speak like Lenny Henry, but I don't look like him"

over a year ago

"Tone and accent can definately have a bearing of what people perceive you to be like.

I'm originally from the Black Country and moved to Cornwall in 1995. A memory that will stay with me forever was when I went to meet a customer, face to face, for the first time.

After I introduced myself he said, "you're not what I was expecting, I thought you were a black guy"

I said "I speak like Lenny Henry, but I don't look like him""

Funny, I actually love Black Country accent, there is something down to earth and reassuring about it. But then to my ears most British accents sounds lovely for quite different reasons; Scottish reminds me a bit of home, Welsh envelops me with softness and I want to hug them, Irish... well.. omg how lovely are their accents... and so on. There is not really any accent I don't enjoy listening to...

over a year ago

In my case, they're dead keen when they hear me on the phone - it's just when they see my piccies that they go off the idea.

Timmy, what are you like lol "

Gor Blimey Sass - you're a right posh'un, and no mistake!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Timmy, what are you like lol

Gor Blimey Sass - you're a right posh'un, and no mistake! "

am i posh

over a year ago

I can tell - it's yer tiara and pvc mini skirt wot gives it away!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I can tell - it's yer tiara and pvc mini skirt wot gives it away! "

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Well I had a chat with a lady tonight and listening to her speak just confirmed what I thought LUSH

Post new Message to Thread