Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Football Thread.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm hoping this thread remains a football thread and nothing more.

~

I've just watched Wayne Rooney giving a press conference on Sky News and I have to say that if ever there was an England Captain in the making it's him. He fielded questions regarding John Terry and Wayne Bridge with the tact & diplomacy that many politicans could never learn in a month of Sundays, and for a 24y/o man he came across as far wiser than his years would otherwise suggest. I think he's grown enormously in stature since Ronaldo quit United and he has really stepped up to the mark both on the pitch and off it. I cannot see Rooney finishing his career without a World Cup Winners medal, it's almost as if it's his destiny to win it and I hope he does it as Captain of England and bring some respect back into the game. What a professional young man he is.

And I'm saying this as an Englishman, not as a United fan.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

not seen rooney on tv for years ( i dont have a telly ) as young 17 year old at everton he was mocked for being the typical scouser ,,, nice to hear that he is maturing ,,, i would love to think his destiny is a world cup winners medal ,,, but i still think theres a big question mark over his temperment ,, and this worries me ,,, hope i,m proved wrong though ,,,,,,

Reply privately

over a year ago

hmm i would agree with most of what you said there , he has had his moments of being silly but think fergie has sorted him out a bit , the bit i dont agree with is the world cup from a scotsman point of view nothing personal lol , but your right in what you saying .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm hoping this thread remains a football thread and nothing more.

~

I've just watched Wayne Rooney giving a press conference on Sky News and I have to say that if ever there was an England Captain in the making it's him. He fielded questions regarding John Terry and Wayne Bridge with the tact & diplomacy that many politicans could never learn in a month of Sundays, and for a 24y/o man he came across as far wiser than his years would otherwise suggest. I think he's grown enormously in stature since Ronaldo quit United and he has really stepped up to the mark both on the pitch and off it. I cannot see Rooney finishing his career without a World Cup Winners medal, it's almost as if it's his destiny to win it and I hope he does it as Captain of England and bring some respect back into the game. What a professional young man he is.

"

Bet they didn't ask him about granny sex though lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"not seen rooney on tv for years ( i dont have a telly ) as young 17 year old at everton he was mocked for being the typical scouser ,,, nice to hear that he is maturing ,,, i would love to think his destiny is a world cup winners medal ,,, but i still think theres a big question mark over his temperment ,, and this worries me ,,, hope i,m proved wrong though ,,,,,,"

He's mellowed out a lot since those days and taken on the role of mentor to younger players coming through. Alex Ferguson has a talent for turning raw talent into a more complete and rounded footballer, he did the same with Roy Keane and even Ronaldo said he came to United to specifically learn under Ferguson, and he's now one of the best players in the world, alongside Messi and Rooney, I'd say.

Capello remarked recently that when he calls a team meeting for the England senior squad members Rooney always attends and has his say and his comments are widely respected by his peers. You only had to listen to him today to see that he should be Captain of England, not Ferdinand, but I'm positive that he'll get his day in the sun, and he'll shine brilliantly for England. I don't think England are strong enough to win it this year, Spain are much stronger and you can never discount the Brazilians, but in four years time Rooney will be 28 and at his peak.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rooney is coming good. He has the makings of an all time great.

If he continues to mature and keeps his head he could be up there with Bobby charlton etc as one of England's better players.

As far as the World Cup goes, as a Scotsman I have to disagree.

As a football fan though England have the potential to be world beaters, they just keep losing to themselves.

They tend to let themselves down on the big occasion especially as the media have the trophy already in the cabinet.

This year is no different, with the carry on regarding Wayne Bridge refusing to play in the same team as John Terry, and Ashley Cole injured, England have no cover in the Left Back position.

Capello wants his team to ignore the press and play as a team then he may go far in the tournament.

Once they start believing the hype then the ygo like all the teams before them and fall to a lacklustre Portugal or cheating Argentina team.

As for Wayne Rooney, yes I agree providing he keeps his head I see him maturing into a Football legend

Reply privately

over a year ago

Am not a football fan, and frankly Wayne Rooney could be Gordon Banks and I'd never know....but.....it is great to hear that there is at least one premier division (is that the right term??) player showing a degree of maturity. All too often I get to read/hear about them involved in one stupid scandal after another.

Well done Wayne!

Reply privately

over a year ago

England wont win the world cup, they have some good players and i agree with Rooney coming good now, although hes starting to look tired..still awesome though.

The problem with the England side is not totally about Terry and Coles shagging about and band press, its because the players really dont get on very well, they just dont play well together. Its always shown when they play a half decent team.

Too many big headed, over hyped drama queens which is a fact,another fact is that if they werent over hyped, as over rated and allowed to get away with murder as they do...theyd be more down to earth, realise the great lives they lead and would then be a much better side.

With Scotland its the total opposite...we dont have the over hyped, over rated players...we just have pish ones lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Since they stopped the old Home Internationals I've really missed the Scotland -v- England run-ins we used to have. I don't mean the fans tearing down goalposts etc but just the banter between Jocks and Tommies about who'll win. It was great fun.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think it would be good, Scotland always seem to do really well against the stronger sides, not saying England are stronger than us mind you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i think it would be good, Scotland always seem to do really well against the stronger sides, not saying England are stronger than us mind you "

The Scotland -v- England matches always had that extra edge to them. I wish they'd bring them back but it's been discussed before and the top players simply play too many games as it is and the clubs won't risk them to further chance of injury.

Reply privately

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

~

"

He still says erm every 20 - 30 seconds during an interview lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

As much as it pains me to say it:

Congratulations to Arsenal for an amazing win against Porto. They trailed 2-1 going into the tie and haven't won from behind in European competition for 32 years, but they whalloped Porto 5-0 last night to go through to the last 16 of The Champions League 6-2 on aggregate. A marvellous achievement. I guess they deserved a huge slice of good fortune after what happened to Ramsey. Well done.

Reply privately

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

It was a blinding result last night - more so given that we were missing our usually inspirational and hard-working skipper, Fabregas. I was worried we might fold under the pressure, but delighted at the way Arsenal stepped up.

Nasri's goal was a belter, but maybe more impressive was the way they managed to defend against set pieces - usually a disaster! Nasri again hoofed one off the goal line simply because they'd taken the blindingly obvious route of sticking someone on each post..

Rant over, this is turning out to be a seriously good week

Reply privately

By *zMaleMan
over a year ago

penzance

Trouble is he's a scouser..........runs and hides in the corner from all the scousers

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Home International Tournaments were good at the time and I must admit I have fond memories of some great players from all 4 nations.

However, it got to the stage where there was too much trouble and they were too difficult to Police.

I remember being at the Last Hampden International between Scotland and England and seeing a pregnant women have a bottle smashed in her face.

Rival fans had a running battle through the streets of Glasgow between Hampden and Central Station.

There were people who weren't even at the game, just Casuals from all over the country meeting to battle and bring the game into disrepute and leaving both the the FA and SFA with no choice but to ban any meeting between the 2 nations unless in a serious tournament.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Home International Tournaments were good at the time and I must admit I have fond memories of some great players from all 4 nations.

However, it got to the stage where there was too much trouble and they were too difficult to Police.

I remember being at the Last Hampden International between Scotland and England and seeing a pregnant women have a bottle smashed in her face.

Rival fans had a running battle through the streets of Glasgow between Hampden and Central Station.

There were people who weren't even at the game, just Casuals from all over the country meeting to battle and bring the game into disrepute and leaving both the the FA and SFA with no choice but to ban any meeting between the 2 nations unless in a serious tournament."

I think I may have been at that game..... have to say the most intimidating atmosphere I have ever been in when they started playing "god save the queen" at hampden I'd never heard a noise like it

anyway... arsenal won!!! now tonight its all about beckham's return to OT

is it too soon to start looking into flights to madrid in may!!! I'll take anyone in the next round not named barcelona pls.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

Will Beckham play tonight, that is the question.

I cannot see Milan turn the score though.

Man U to go through tonight

Reply privately

over a year ago

Most intimidating atmosphere at a Sports arena for me is either Cardiff for a rugby international when the crowd sing "Land of my Father"

Or travelling to Istanbul in a European match, Welcome to the Hell.

Reply privately

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Best news of all is that Rooney is fit to play, yessssssssssss

Reply privately

over a year ago

...and Mr Beckham is not!! Goddamit!!

Beckham should have realised that he isn't getting any younger and that at 34 years of age the risk of an injury putting paid to his last World Cup chances was of a more distinct possibility now than at any time before. Surely the guy has professional medical staff advising him to slow down, Ferguson told Rooney exactly that and Rooney is only 24 for christ sake!

It seems his desire to show Capello that he still has what it takes has been his downfall and to be honest, if his achilles tendon was that dodgy I'm glad it went now than in the first five minutes of our first match in South Africa. At least now Capello knows he can't use Beckham and can concentrate on a younger, fitter player to take in his stead.

I'm sorry Becks, but you're time as an England player is up. Thanks for the goals and the memories but it's time to hang ya boots up and start enjoying a few things outside of football.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

in defence of beckham... it is such a freak injury that could have gone at any time.....

I did my achilies in the first ever pair of nike trainers I got after pestering my mum....

wore them for all of 15 minutes... and managed to rupture it..... never wore them again...

just happened to be one of those freaky things....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I usually support any English team playing in Europe but after the twattish behaviour by Messrs Terry & Cole recently I have to say that I'm pleased Chelsea were dumped out of the CL tonight by Inter Milan. They were outplayed and outclassed by the rampant Italian outfit (that didn't feature a single Italian in it!).

The last 8 are:

Manchester United (GBR)

Arsenal (GBR)

CSKA Moscow (RUS)

Inter Milan (IT)

Lyon (FR)

Bayern Munich (GER)

1 from Barcelona (SP) or Stuttgart (GER)

1 from Bordeaux (FR) or Olympiakos (GRC)

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

vive la France

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nah, the Froggy teams won't win the CL. As much as I hate to admit it, I think Arsenal have got the strongest chance of winning it this year than ever before. They're on fire at the moment, but then so is Man Utd and Rooney, but, I want Rooney to preserve himself for the World Cup. That is more important to me than the CL.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a fantastic result for Fulham, beating Juventus 4-1 on the night and 5-4 on aggregate. Never in their wildest dreams could they have imagined that they'd turn around a 3-1 deficit but they applied themselves and got what they deserved. Fantastic night for my old grandads football team.

Reply privately

over a year ago

have to agree i honestly thought fulham were going to get horsed especially after they let in the first goal , thought to myself thats it over now , but good old roy knows what he doing , one of the most underated managers in the game i think , you look at the team sheet , there isnt one truely great player there , but as a team they are solid with the right mix of youth and experience and its always good to see british teams doing well in europe especially against italians team who in my opn ion arent that great they just more aware of how to con the ref in my opinion . but yeah congrats to fulham what a result !!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not t otake the tarnish off Filham's achievement last night as it was an incredible result.

Juve have been my fave Euro team since I saw them play Rangers in old European Cup set up in the 70's.

Back then the 1978 Italian World C/up starting 11 had 9 Juve players.

Now they are satruggling to stay in the top 6 of the Serie A.

Not the force the yonce were.

But anyway well done Fulham.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Rob has a very very happy Fulham supporter friend today who is also very very hungover

Reply privately

over a year ago

Got to give it to Fulham for a top result. Bravo to the players.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Im not allowed to speak to Rob now for the next couple of hrs

Spurs vs Fulham...........come on you Spurs

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

this is a happy house at the moment

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

" this is a happy house at the moment"

i bet.... this will make for one hell of an atmosphere at wembley . Hope Harry has some armour lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

What murdering by Chelsea! If ever I needed Aston Villa to do Man U a favour it was today, but it would have been nice for Villa to actually turn up for the game. 7-1, the difference between 2nd place and 7th? An absolute mile!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh dear! A bad week for English football. We won't mention last night and Bayer... sorry, can't day it!! As for Barcel.... noooooo can't fookin say that either!!!

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"Oh dear! A bad week for English football. We won't mention last night and Bayer... sorry, can't day it!! As for Barcel.... noooooo can't fookin say that either!!! "

I donno it wasn't that bad was it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh dear! A bad week for English football. We won't mention last night and Bayer... sorry, can't day it!! As for Barcel.... noooooo can't fookin say that either!!!

I donno it wasn't that bad was it "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh dear! A bad week for English football. We won't mention last night and Bayer... sorry, can't day it!! As for Barcel.... noooooo can't fookin say that either!!!

I donno it wasn't that bad was it "

Roony is out for 4 weeks so not good for England.

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"

Don't mention the 7 -1

Reply privately

over a year ago

Roony is out for 4 weeks so not good for England."

No mention of that on manutd.com and that's the official website. They've said, "Despite what a certain sports news channel might be saying about Wayne's diagnosis, there is no further update on his injury yet. Ignore the hype, stick with us for the truth."

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Roony is out for 4 weeks so not good for England.

No mention of that on manutd.com and that's the official website. They've said, "Despite what a certain sports news channel might be saying about Wayne's diagnosis, there is no further update on his injury yet. Ignore the hype, stick with us for the truth.""

Ok roony shags grannies

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well that's 3 points in the bag for Man U - thanks Spurs!!!

Now, here's the dilemma....

Liverpool play Chelsea tomorrow and should Liverpool win they'll move to 2 points off the last Champions League spot, but...

Man U & Liverpool are both on 18 top flight titles each. By beating Chelsea they'll be effectively handing the title for this year to United, taking United to 19 titles, and four titles on the trot (something that has never happened in the top flight division of English football).

With only 3 games to go it's unlikely that Liverpool can make up the 5 points behind Spurs that they need for that fourth CL spot.

Will Liverpool capitulate against Chelsea, or go for the win?

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

"Well that's 3 points in the bag for Man U - thanks Spurs!!!

Liverpool play Chelsea tomorrow and should Liverpool win they'll move to 2 points off the last Champions League spot, but...

Man U & Liverpool are both on 18 top flight titles each. By beating Chelsea they'll be effectively handing the title for this year to United, taking United to 19 titles, and four titles on the trot (something that has never happened in the top flight division of English football).

With only 3 games to go it's unlikely that Liverpool can make up the 5 points behind Spurs that they need for that fourth CL spot.

Will Liverpool capitulate against Chelsea, or go for the win?"

Its Chelsea v Stoke and Burnley v Liverpool tomorrow

Besides that I think (and hope)Liverpool will go for it against Chelsea. (think they play next week)

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

"

Pmsl Wayne Rooney cant talk when he was playing for Everton he made the news papers when he was screwing grannies behind colleen back, so he cant talk what he like to do when he ever becomes England’s captain that would never happen the shrek being england captain laughing my balls off

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well that's 3 points in the bag for Man U - thanks Spurs!!!

Will Liverpool capitulate against Chelsea, or go for the win?

Its Chelsea v Stoke and Burnley v Liverpool tomorrow

Besides that I think (and hope)Liverpool will go for it against Chelsea. (think they play next week)"

My apologies, I thought it was tomorrow.

(please do not read my post above until next Saturday. Thank you.)

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

Bet they didn't ask him about granny sex though lol"

well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Pmsl Wayne Rooney cant talk when he was playing for Everton he made the news papers when he was screwing grannies behind colleen back, so he cant talk what he like to do when he ever becomes England’s captain that would never happen the shrek being england captain laughing my balls off"

There's nothing wrong with shagging grannies, lol. I've shagged loads that we've met on Fab. Think it's the only thing us Fab guys have in common with Shrek Rooney

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

Bet they didn't ask him about granny sex though lol"

Wayne and I never discuss that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Forget talk of English football, Rangers can win the SPL tomorrow and title number 53.

Also hopefully Tina Turner's The Best can reach no 1 in the singles charts

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pmsl Wayne Rooney cant talk when he was playing for Everton he made the news papers when he was screwing grannies behind colleen back, so he cant talk what he like to do when he ever becomes England’s captain that would never happen the shrek being england captain laughing my balls off"

It's well established that Rooney will be England captain at some point, probably as soon as Rio gives up the armband. Anyone from anywhere other than Leeds would know this as Leeds really isn't a footballing town anymore, is it?

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Football is a load of bollox

**Maddie runs off to hide before Wishy starts throwing things at her**

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

Bet they didn't ask him about granny sex though lolwell said"

Bloody hell, you're jealous of Wayne Rooney, ain't you just.

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

~

Bet they didn't ask him about granny sex though lolwell said

Bloody hell, you're jealous of Wayne Rooney, ain't you just. "

Well i aint he has a thing for the likes of mi granny!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pmsl Wayne Rooney cant talk when he was playing for Everton he made the news papers when he was screwing grannies behind colleen back, so he cant talk what he like to do when he ever becomes England’s captain that would never happen the shrek being england captain laughing my balls off

It's well established that Rooney will be England captain at some point, probably as soon as Rio gives up the armband. Anyone from anywhere other than Leeds would know this as Leeds really isn't a footballing town anymore, is it? "

nope your right but i am not a leeds fan scouse and proud.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Pmsl Wayne Rooney cant talk when he was playing for Everton he made the news papers when he was screwing grannies behind colleen back, so he cant talk what he like to do when he ever becomes England’s captain that would never happen the shrek being england captain laughing my balls off

It's well established that Rooney will be England captain at some point, probably as soon as Rio gives up the armband. Anyone from anywhere other than Leeds would know this as Leeds really isn't a footballing town anymore, is it? nope your right but i am not a leeds fan scouse and proud."

He got Player of the Year and that's decided by his peers so it's a pretty good guess to think he's destined for the armband at some point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's well established that Rooney will be England captain at some point, probably as soon as Rio gives up the armband. Anyone from anywhere other than Leeds would know this as Leeds really isn't a footballing town anymore, is it? nope your right but i am not a leeds fan scouse and proud.

He got Player of the Year and that's decided by his peers so it's a pretty good guess to think he's destined for the armband at some point. "

He definitely has it in him, but I think it would be better him left alone to do his thing up front rather than looking out for others, so to speak.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think he performs much better when he is given increased responsibility. This season is testament to that. I also think he is the missing link that England have needed since 1966. Someone larger than life and scares the fookin bejesus out of opposing defenders.

I can't envisage Rooney finishing his career without a World Cup Winners Medal. He's got everything else and he'll get that too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think he performs much better when he is given increased responsibility. This season is testament to that. I also think he is the missing link that England have needed since 1966. Someone larger than life and scares the fookin bejesus out of opposing defenders.

I can't envisage Rooney finishing his career without a World Cup Winners Medal. He's got everything else and he'll get that too."

Good point on increased responsibility.

I'm with you on that he is what England have needed for some time, an all out British style player with the added edge of a European touch.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think he performs much better when he is given increased responsibility. This season is testament to that. I also think he is the missing link that England have needed since 1966. Someone larger than life and scares the fookin bejesus out of opposing defenders.

I can't envisage Rooney finishing his career without a World Cup Winners Medal. He's got everything else and he'll get that too.

I'm with you on that he is what England have needed for some time, an all out British style player with the added edge of a European touch. "

Well, as Englishmen, let's hope he fulfills his promise as even though I was born in 1965 and too young to remember 1966, the only time I have ever seen an English captain lift a World Cup was in Rugby. I desperately want to see my beloved England lift the World Cup. I'd be in tears I think lol

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

I'm with you on that he is what England have needed for some time, an all out British style player with the added edge of a European touch.

Well, as Englishmen, let's hope he fulfills his promise as even though I was born in 1965 and too young to remember 1966, the only time I have ever seen an English captain lift a World Cup was in Rugby. I desperately want to see my beloved England lift the World Cup. I'd be in tears I think lol "

And being a Scotsman so would I!!

But seriously credit where credit due, Rooney is a fantastic footballer and would be first name on my teamsheet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The problem I fear is, it's been a while since we've had real decent, potentially world cup winning opposition.

Our qualifiers gave us no real experience on such teams.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well, as Englishmen, let's hope he fulfills his promise as even though I was born in 1965 and too young to remember 1966, the only time I have ever seen an English captain lift a World Cup was in Rugby. I desperately want to see my beloved England lift the World Cup. I'd be in tears I think lol

And being a Scotsman so would I!!

But seriously credit where credit due, Rooney is a fantastic footballer and would be first name on my teamsheet."

He will be even better when he signs for City next year

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He will be even better when he signs for City next year "

You'll have more chance of seeing Ferguson rodgered by a polar bear at the North Pole.

Reply privately

over a year ago

HA!.. Mourinho has taken Inter Milan to the Champion's League Final beating Barcelona 3-2 on agg. Read it and weep Chelski!! hehehe

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"HA!.. Mourinho has taken Inter Milan to the Champion's League Final beating Barcelona 3-2 on agg. Read it and weep Chelski!! hehehe "

Good innit

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I guess the mighty Wigan are going to show that they have Lancashire at heart and beat Chelsea to hand the title to United.

Ahem!

Well it's a nice dream but a point will do.. So Wigan to draw at the Bridge and United to beat Stoke. That'll do it. Ta.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well that's the stuff of Champions isn't it. 8-0. Can't argue with that.

Now for the World Cup.

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"Well that's the stuff of Champions isn't it. 8-0. Can't argue with that.

Now for the World Cup. "

FA cup first ...we cant let chelsea win that too ( well, we can dream )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Chel... who?

Portsmouth are playing in it and they couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.

Reply privately

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

my office is in Portsmouth - I've heard nothing other than 'we will win the cup or we'll show you what we can really do for so long now I'm dreading next week - even trying to stay in Southampton rasther than pompey for the week

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

well thats not quite true is it ..no goals this weekend but 3 in the match before that and two in the one before that ...and we must have got through to the cup final somehow

its been a shite season for us , but you have to look for the good bits and i think being in the cup final is a good bit considering everything else thats going on lol xx

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"my office is in Portsmouth - I've heard nothing other than 'we will win the cup or we'll show you what we can really do for so long now I'm dreading next week - even trying to stay in Southampton rasther than pompey for the week"

its an island city thats always had pride in its team, even when they do badly ..is that such a bad thing ?

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

happy st.totteringham day.......

Arsenal fans will know what that means.... and so will the spuds......

15 years in a row and counting....

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"happy st.totteringham day.......

Arsenal fans will know what that means.... and so will the spuds......

15 years in a row and counting...."

i know too

beginning to think im the only female who likes football here... and twice in a week i've been told its boring and for boring people If so, im proud to be boring!

Reply privately

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"my office is in Portsmouth - I've heard nothing other than 'we will win the cup or we'll show you what we can really do for so long now I'm dreading next week - even trying to stay in Southampton rasther than pompey for the week

its an island city thats always had pride in its team, even when they do badly ..is that such a bad thing ? "

not a bad thing at all - they have nothing else to boast about, they even try and claim our most famous son as their own

Reply privately

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"my office is in Portsmouth - I've heard nothing other than 'we will win the cup or we'll show you what we can really do for so long now I'm dreading next week - even trying to stay in Southampton rasther than pompey for the week

its an island city thats always had pride in its team, even when they do badly ..is that such a bad thing ?

not a bad thing at all - they have nothing else to boast about, they even try and claim our most famous son as their own "

nelson? nope we just try and claim the boat though it was built in chatham...but thats because they claim dickens when he was born in pompey

but back to football ....

Reply privately

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

not a bad thing at all - they have nothing else to boast about, they even try and claim our most famous son as their own

nelson? nope we just try and claim the boat though it was built in chatham...but thats because they claim dickens when he was born in pompey

but back to football .... "

Yep Nelson, born and breed in Norfolk, brought his mistress here too (now there's a thing lol) his home port was Great Yarmouth and the majority of his crew came from Norfolk and Suffolk. And on writers we have Anna Sewell as well as several comments (not sure if he was born/lived here) from Daniel Defoe - oh bugger a link back into football lmao

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

8! Chelsea got 8! Fergie will be eating off china this year as no silverware in the cabinet

Reply privately

over a year ago

"8! Chelsea got 8! Fergie will be eating off china this year as no silverware in the cabinet "

Lollol Not a Chelsea fan, but a born Leeds fan and Spurs and Blades fan by accidents of geography!

But if you're gonna prove a point, has it ever been proved that freaking well? Chelsea were just never gonna let Fergie have the silverware yet again!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oi, and Harry got Manager of the Year - Hurry Up Harry, Come On!

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"8! Chelsea got 8! Fergie will be eating off china this year as no silverware in the cabinet

Lollol Not a Chelsea fan, but a born Leeds fan and Spurs and Blades fan by accidents of geography!

But if you're gonna prove a point, has it ever been proved that freaking well? Chelsea were just never gonna let Fergie have the silverware yet again! "

Hell i don't support Chelsea far from it but i am smiling a little thinking that whishy might just be a little grumpy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"8! Chelsea got 8! Fergie will be eating off china this year as no silverware in the cabinet

But if you're gonna prove a point, has it ever been proved that freaking well? Chelsea were just never gonna let Fergie have the silverware yet again!

Hell i don't support Chelsea far from it but i am smiling a little thinking that whishy might just be a little grumpy "

Babe, not a clue about "Whishy" though is this the point we tell him to stay away from the edge? But the top of the table is at last not red (no offence to the Pool) and I said from start of season watch Harry - must be a great guy as most of Pompey went with him!

Gonna be a good summer too? Dare we now mention the World Cup?

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Hell i don't support Chelsea far from it but i am smiling a little thinking that whishy might just be a little grumpy

Babe, not a clue about "Whishy" though is this the point we tell him to stay away from the edge? But the top of the table is at last not red (no offence to the Pool) and I said from start of season watch Harry - must be a great guy as most of Pompey went with him!

Gonna be a good summer too? Dare we now mention the World Cup? "

whishy started this thread and he is a great guy really just passionate about the wrong team alas.

As for harry, well its a shame he isn't the England manager

Reply privately

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

No silverware?

WTF is the Carling Cup made of?

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

No silverware?

WTF is the Carling Cup made of?"

The micky mouse cup? come on its not real silver is it! Its made from that stuff QVC sell what is it silverium or summat like!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No silverware?

WTF is the Carling Cup made of?

The micky mouse cup? come on its not real silver is it! Its made from that stuff QVC sell what is it silverium or summat like!! "

There was a time when the Carling Cup would have meant a fantastic season for Chelsea. Ok, so it's not the PL or the CL and 2nd spot in the League is not to be sniffed at. We'll just have to wait till next year to nudge Liverpool down in the total no. of titles lol

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

*runs in, drops her knickers says hello boys and runs out again*

Reply privately

over a year ago

"*runs in, drops her knickers says hello boys and runs out again*"

Get off the pitch! You're spoiling the game! tsk.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I support Chelsea and the best Team won

and yes I go to the Matches

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I support Chelsea and the best Team won

and yes I go to the Matches "

Well they won in style you have to give that to them!

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Big countdown now till it all kicks off and we get wall to wall football on TV

Reply privately

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Bump

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck Fulham..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good luck Fulham.."

Yup, go for it guys. Rootin' 'n' tootin' for yas.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Heartbreak for Fulham. 2-1 down 2 minutes to go in extra time. Unlucky guys.

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Well they have played well. They say its the first all British team in a final since mid 80s as well.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Just for wishy....who does jimmy choo play for?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just for wishy....who does jimmy choo play for? "

Erm... Selfridges?

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Just for wishy....who does jimmy choo play for?

Erm... Selfridges? "

He dont play football ya silly moo, he designs shoes!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

"

Haven't read any of the rest of the thread, but we've watched Rooney from a gauche but gifted teenager, a baby, develop into a social phenomenon, lead grassroots football, challenge kids who were causing crime on the streets to get fit and play the beautiful fame. And then we've watched him do those runs, challenges, headers. What more can you say, even as a born Leeds supporter, brought up anyone but Man U ... What a lad! xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here we go, here we go, here we gooooooooooooo!

I'm all excited and it's only a friendly

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/06/10 16:09:56]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Welcome Back WISHIY!!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Capello finally names the England squad for South Africa!

World Cup Squad 2010:

=====================

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth)

~

Defenders: Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

~

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City)

~

Strikers: Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

~~

OUT:

Leighton Baines (Everton), Darren Bent (Sunderland), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

~~~

So, come on Boys! Let's see that trophy where it belongs - back home in England!

Reply privately

over a year ago

as well as he handles the press, when he steps onto a pitch there is always the worry that he is a red card waiting to happen..hopefully not but i can't see us winning it anyway

Reply privately

By *oonsvilleMan
over a year ago

warrington

oh dear,world cup winners?? you do sound like the eternal optimist dont you,we havent got a cat in hells chance,bet all the other nations are quaking in their boots after watchin our warm up games! how can they make us 3rd or fourth favourites?? how many other teams will be pinning their hopes on one player??

Reply privately

By *oonsvilleMan
over a year ago

warrington

lets pick a centre forward who doesnt score goals(3 all season) one off his shin and two off his backside!!! c mon engerland! walcott scores 3 in one game and is omitted!!!!! good old capello!!!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"oh dear,world cup winners?? you do sound like the eternal optimist dont you,we havent got a cat in hells chance,bet all the other nations are quaking in their boots after watchin our warm up games! how can they make us 3rd or fourth favourites?? how many other teams will be pinning their hopes on one player??"

Did you watch the other team's warm up games? Not so impressive either. Those games are used to fine tune the team and remove any lasting doubts about certain players. As results, they are almost dismissive as it's the players the manager needs to watch so he can pick his final squad.

As for pinning one's hopes..

Portugal/Ronaldo... Argentina/Messi... France/Ribery...

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I agree with you with regards to portugal because there "golden generation" are now probably about 2-4 years past there best...

but for france and argentina.. there biggest issues is the manager imploding at any point.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ferdinand out crocked, half the team carrying some sort of injury.. It makes you wonder doesn't it... either England will fail abysmally in South Africa or they'll dig deep and pull off our finest footballing feat since '66.

I'm getting pretty pissed off with just 1 star on my England shirt and I have scenes playing in my head of Gerrard hoisted aloft by his team mates holding the coveted trophy a la Bobby Moore, so come on boys, enough of this spirit of '66 bollocks, let's have something new to rave about ... love the Dizzy Rascal England song too.. better than that miserable 'Three Lions on our Shirt' nonsense.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There should be more football themed avatars

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who needs Ronaldo when we have Chicarito! I foresee a fuck load of goals from the young mexican this year and after today's performance against the so called 'Champions' .. pah, Chelsea who?

3-1!!! Yeeeee Haaaaa!!

Reply privately

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

community shield out of the way....now the business end really starts....who's gonna holds aloft the prem trophy in may??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Man Utd 3 Chelsea 1

First Blood, first trophy of the season

nuff said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Man Utd 3 Chelsea 1

First Blood, first trophy of the season

nuff said"

Psychological advantage to Man Utd, I think.

Reply privately

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/08/10 04:38:07]

Reply privately

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I can't understand when people say that the Charity Shield means nothing.

But then again they also tend to be the people whose teams

a) Never get to play in it

0r

b) have just lost it

Reply privately

over a year ago

More importantly, we are top of the league! Neil Warnock's blue and white army!

Of course it will never last...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't understand when people say that the Charity Shield means nothing.

But then again they also tend to be the people whose teams

a) Never get to play in it

0r

b) have just lost it

"

I couldn't agree more although I will concede that United were only playing in it as Chelsea won both the Premiership AND the FA Cup last year. United played as Runners-Up in the Premiership.

Still, who gives a shit, we won 3-1 and we're going to get back out title AND overtake Liverpool in number of titles won at the same time lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not this year, your not...

The Mighty Gunners, are going to end their recent drought & bring home, the League title!

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

"

world cup winners medal????

hahahaha.

your funny

Reply privately

over a year ago

~

world cup winners medal????

hahahaha.

your funny"

It's easy to laugh retrospectively. That post was made before the tournament started so one has to have hope that one's country can win it - someone has to don't they.

True football fans wouldn't laugh - unless it is themselves they are laughing it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cheesh!

2 games

6 points

goals scored 12

goals conceded 0

Did the FA get together and decide that Chelsea needed the absolutely easiest start to the season that they can give them?

Wigan 6-0

West Brom 6-0

Championship for those two next season.

Reply privately

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Cheesh!

2 games

6 points

goals scored 12

goals conceded 0

Did the FA get together and decide that Chelsea needed the absolutely easiest start to the season that they can give them?

Wigan 6-0

West Brom 6-0

Championship for those two next season."

Did you also notice Chleski's last 5 league matches?

P5 W5 F 27 A 0 ( nil )

Reply privately

over a year ago

Uh huh. Sure did. And in betwixt they got to play class opposition and lost 3-1 to United in the Charity Shield.

Reply privately

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Uh huh. Sure did. And in betwixt they got to play class opposition and lost 3-1 to United in the Charity Shield. "

but they are top off the league this weekend.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

City will be the top team in Manny this year you watch.

Reply privately

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

they have some big fit lads playing for chelsea but they do tend fall down rather easy when opposing players are within 5 feet of them!,is this to do with fitness or coaching?,and can their balance be improved to see out the season?,or maybe they have to fall down in order to get the many free kicks and penalties that are awarded to them?.

just an absercvation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Uh huh. Sure did. And in betwixt they got to play class opposition and lost 3-1 to United in the Charity Shield.

but they are top off the league this weekend..... "

12 goals againsr PL opposition is no mean feat. Well done to Chelsea for getting off to a rampant start but Arsenal banged in 6 yesterday with no reply and United put 3 past Newcastle last week with no reply either. The title is by no means assured to any team this year as there are at least 3 quality sides going for it. Throw Man City and Liverpool into the mix with Villa & Spurs snapping not far behind and it's set to be a darn good season.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Go City Go!

Wooo Hoooo! Three points Chelsea HAVEN'T won - against a top team too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

...and now Sunderland are level with Liverpool!

Could be another perfect day's soccer!!

C'mon you Black Cats!!

Reply privately

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

"...and now Sunderland are level with Liverpool!

C'mon you Black Cats!! "

I feel as sick as a parrot. Hogson should go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

C'mon you Black Cats!!

I feel as sick as a parrot. Hogson should go. "

It was only a few weeks ago Hodgson was being touted as next England manager. He is an excellent manager. He's just inherited an unsettled team, an unsettled club, and a financial structure that would make Gordon Brown look like a financial genius lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

C'mon you Black Cats!!

I feel as sick as a parrot. Hogson should go. "

ditto

Reply privately

over a year ago

..but Liverpool could find themselves in serious trouble come Oct 15th.

RBS own 25% of Liverpool's holding company and if debt payments are not met by Oct 15th RBS can exercise it's warrants and take control of the club. If this happens it will not want to hold it for any protracted length of time and will seek to sell it quickly to recoup it's losses (£235m).

Potential buyers are waiting to see the outcome of that deadline as they could snap up a world famous club for a snippet if RBS takes over.

Hicks wants to sell at between £430m - £600m. The former price gives him back his money invested and he walks away, the latter gives him a healthy profit. To get either of those prices he must spend more of his own money servicing it's debts to stave off the RBS warrant.

If RBS does take control, Liverpool will go into immedate administration and suffer a 9pt deduction, giving them a -4pts as of today's league standings.

Relegation is a real possibility if Hicks tries to hold out for £600m.

Reply privately

over a year ago

DEEP JOY!!!!

Arsenal losing 2-0

Liverpool losing 2-1

Chelsea LOST 1-0

I'm giggling like a girl here!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol roy is doing well at analfield liverpool to go down like Leeds utd

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can't believe we got beat again, twice in a Week

Reply privately

over a year ago

Altogether a great day of footballing.

Chelsea lost

Arsenal lost

Liverpool drew

United to beat Bolton tomorrow

...and even my new home team beat my old home team!

Reply privately

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

BOING BOING!.

what a great week for the baggies!,west brom had 3 wins this past week,beating b'ham 3-1 last weekend,the man city 2-0 in league cup,then today we stuck it up arsene whinger and his arsenal team AWAY at arsenal 3-2 to make it a memorable week for us baggies!.

BOING BOING!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A Man City fan has had a tattoo done that says, "Manchester City, Champion's League Winners, 2011"

Boy is he gonna look a cunt in June next year. hehehe

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"A Man City fan has had a tattoo done that says, "Manchester City, Champion's League Winners, 2011"

Boy is he gonna look a cunt in June next year. hehehe "

I'd be willing to bet that it's a bit earlier than June that that prediction falls on its arse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Trouble is he's a scouser..........runs and hides in the corner from all the scousers "

Your mistaken, he gave up the right to being a scouser and proved at the same time that he was never a scouser when he joined Man Utd.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/11/10 12:07:09]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A Man City fan has had a tattoo done that says, "Manchester City, Champion's League Winners, 2011"

I'd be willing to bet that it's a bit earlier than June that that prediction falls on its arse."

Man city are not in it so winning it in 2011 may prove problematic so he looks a cunt already

then I noticed the story was from 2009,so he has been aware that he's a cunt since the end of last season

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd be willing to bet that it's a bit earlier than June that that prediction falls on its arse.

Man city are not in it so winning it in 2011 may prove problematic so he looks a cunt already

then I noticed the story was from 2009,so he has been aware that he's a cunt since the end of last season

"

I only got half the news item this morning (well the end of it actually) and didn't realise he'd had the tatt done in 2009.

He's even more of a cunt for telling the BBC what he'd done. I'd have never shown anyone ever bloody anytime ever again. But then I'd never be as stupid as to predict the outcome of a footie match in a fookin tattoo!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

man city drew... man united drew.... liverpool lost... chelsea lost..... and sunderland beat them by enough to go above spurs!!!

I think you could say this is a good weekend to be an arsenal fan!!!

right... off to watch MOTD 2

Reply privately

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

"man city drew... man united drew.... liverpool lost... chelsea lost..... and sunderland beat them by enough to go above spurs!!!

I think you could say this is a good weekend to be an arsenal fan!!!

right... off to watch MOTD 2"

You must be in clover! A real good weekend for arsenal fans i have to admit

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

sunderland were supberb today.no chelsea player was allowed to settle on the ball.every pass,every shot,every move,was made under pressure.it wont win them the league,but it will win them many points.there could be a lot of strange results this season.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done Sunderland Sob! Wheres me pint...Snifffff!

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I watched SAFC and couldn't believe my eyes yesterday, I kept thinking I was hallucinating.

We caught Chelsea just at the right time and we have been amazing since getting spanked off the skunks. It was on the cards I reckon

Back above Newcastle, awesome.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ive got some gorgeous new sparkly 6 inch heel boots

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"Ive got some gorgeous new sparkly 6 inch heel boots "

My boots have .5 inch studs. How the hell do you play in them?

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Ive got some gorgeous new sparkly 6 inch heel boots

My boots have .5 inch studs. How the hell do you play in them?"

very easily

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I watched SAFC and couldn't believe my eyes yesterday, I kept thinking I was hallucinating.

We caught Chelsea just at the right time and we have been amazing since getting spanked off the skunks. It was on the cards I reckon

Back above Newcastle, awesome."

as a chelsea fan i do somtimes wonder what the fuck is going on there. ranieri gets us to the CL semi and he knows he's being sacked so he seems to sabotage it. mourinho has a run of 3 bad games after 2 titles and they sack him. scolari,player power gets him the sack,hiddink fantastic but they don't really try to get him stay even tho roman coulda twisted russias arm.

ancelotti does the double first season with wilkins as his assistant. wilkins gets the sack and the wheels seem to come off again.

in all that time,how many managers have arsenal and man u had? oh yeah.one!

could be worse though..man city! mfao. now theres a club about to go into meltdown

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

ffs why did england persist,with capello,after the world cup.why not,bite the bullet,and bring in harry redknap.under capello,they have no confidence,and have no fluency,to their play.they look although they are more afraid,of making a mistake.than going out and expressing themselves.

ps what the fuck has peter crouch,got to do to,to get a game.he must have one of the best,goals per games ratio,in international football.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well, what can I say about the Brilliant Berbatov!!!

FIVE GOALS today from the Brilliant Bulgarian as United stomped all over Blackburn 7-1!!

Top of the table for today at least. I'm praying that Newcastle beat Chelski tomorrow at St James'.

A great day today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well, what can I say about the Brilliant Berbatov!!!

FIVE GOALS today from the Brilliant Bulgarian as United stomped all over Blackburn 7-1!!

Top of the table for today at least. I'm praying that Newcastle beat Chelski tomorrow at St James'.

A great day today. "

As a Hammers fan (can't believe we won 3-1 today ... yes!!) I hope that the Geordies kick Chelski off the pitch tomorrow ... my head says it's not going to happen ... but you never know!

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

berbatov was cantona,today.thats who he can be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well, what can I say about the Brilliant Berbatov!!!

A great day today.

As a Hammers fan (can't believe we won 3-1 today ... yes!!) I hope that the Geordies kick Chelski off the pitch tomorrow ... my head says it's not going to happen ... but you never know! "

any particular reason? its not like we're rivals for relegation and we do seem to give you our cast offs for managers

oh and abramovich is russian not polish so its Chelskov (technically)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wooooooooo! Hoooooooooooooo!

Go Newcastle Go!!!

Did us a proper favour holding Chelsea to a draw today. Leaves us top of the Prem by 2 points. YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

" Leaves us top of the Prem by 2 points. YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

that won't last long... it will only be till monday december 13th till approx 9.50pm ish......

enjoy it while you can....

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Leaves us top of the Prem by 2 points. YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

that won't last long... it will only be till monday december 13th till approx 9.50pm ish......

enjoy it while you can.... "

Aha! The old Arsenal/United tete a tete just like the old days of Viera/Keene going for it. I miss those days. lol

Now Chelsea have been knocked off their perch you'll see a lot more whinging from Drogba & Co about any little decision that goes against them.

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

Just watched Barcelona thrash Real Madrid 5-0. Breathtaking football by Barca. So funny looking at the expression on 'the special one's' face - his team could hardly get a kick at the ball in the second half.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

barca were untouchable,real were chasing shadows,from the first kick of the ball.that was total football,supberb.

on the other hand,dont count mourinho out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh that's just magnificent.

Fookin Ronaldo.. WHO ARE YA!! hehhee

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

hodgson has got liverpool,on song.dont count them out.2 months ago,if gerrard,and torres,didnt play,niether did liverpool.starting to get results,without them now.the best has yet to come.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

chelsea in freefall,since wilkins.somethings not right at that club.somebody should have told them.if it aint broke,dont fix it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Four ENGLISH teams through to the knockout stages. The final is at Wembley.... let's show them Spanish senors what 'El Classico' really means!!

Reply privately

By *LACK10INCHMan
over a year ago

Bedfont, Feltham

arsenal aint making the last 8 they will get beat by barca, real or bayern after not winning their group. Spurs will make the last 8

Reply privately

By *LACK10INCHMan
over a year ago

Bedfont, Feltham

does he not know tattooes are permanent

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I love Harry Rednapp hes THE best manager in the country

My man is a happy bunny at the moment

Reply privately

over a year ago

YES!!!!!!

I applied for two tickets to Man Utd -v-v Liverpool FA Cup 3rd Round .... and got them!!

Applications go into a ballot as they are always over subscribed and this is the first time I've ever applied.

Result!!!

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Liverpool games are oversubscribed, yes, as are City, Chelsea and possibly Arsenal.

But you could go to pretty much any other Utd game at Old Trafford by turning up on the day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The tickets have arrived and so has my daughter's membership pack, she'll be thrilled when she unwraps it on Xmas Day. I thought they'd send out a letter with a bit of gumphf about the club but they sent a nice presentation box containing a key fob, lapel pin badge, a book on the history of United and lots of other stuff.

So looking forward to her first experience of Old Trafford with her old Dad lol x

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

chelsea are in freefall.

arsenal play beautifull football.

minus the goals.

man city,have a championship winning team.

with the ambition to come third,or fourth.

man united.have an average team,with

title winning know how,and desire.

they can't lose.

ps wishy new thread,this one's to long.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Rooney captain?!

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Rooney captain?! "

bk they could win it,with me as captain.

as long as ferguson,is manager.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

hodgson been sacked at liverpool... kenny dalglish in charge till the end of the season....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"hodgson been sacked at liverpool... kenny dalglish in charge till the end of the season...."

Oh dear!

With Liverpool going to Old Trafford tomorrow on the back of a couple of poor performances and now with King Kenny in charge they'll be bouyed up and ready for a scrap - and I'm going to the game too, with my 13y/o daughter who's never been to OT to watch the Reds!

I hope we stuff the crap out of them but the stats are pointing to a Liverpool win. Bugger.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Football365: 'De Jong Wants To End Career At Man City.'

At the time of writing, it is not clear whose career he wants to end.

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 09/02/11 23:09:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well what a Wonder Goal from Wayne!!

Backwards overhead kick to take the game to 2-1, and win the match. Superb!

Reply privately

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

I'm not a ManU fan nor do I particularly like Rooney, but that was a stunning goal considering his recent form and the match it was scored in.

That'd be my goal of the season so far easily.

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Well what a Wonder Goal from Wayne!!

Backwards overhead kick to take the game to 2-1, and win the match. Superb! "

Just got back from game probly the best overheaded volley of a goal ive ever seen and all the much sweeeter given who the opposition were. Rooneys had the touch of a baby elephant for past season and a half and again throughout todays game, He did however stop my rant in its tracks just after i shared my thoughts with the se by screaming rooney you couldnt controll your own bladder he went and scored that wonder goal. few hundred did give me a quizzical look lol.

Passed a few bertie magoos on my walk home same old city always thinking there something there not and chatting the usual bumf lol whine whine whine music to my ears lol. Manchesters red

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are there any Man Utd fans in/from Manchester?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Trouble is he's a scouser..........runs and hides in the corner from all the scousers "
BOLLOCKS

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Are there any Man Utd fans in/from Manchester? "

Yep theres more manchester united fans with a manc postcode than there are city. hmmmmm and the last city fans claim to be the only real manc club crumbles like there title dreams

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Trouble is he's a scouser..........runs and hides in the corner from all the scousers BOLLOCKS "

i love scousers its great to see us playing as badly as them only were top of the table and there.. well lol enough said if we win it this year we go 1 above em in number of division1/premiership titles.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Loving today. MU beat city so MJ will be happy. England thrash Italy so i'm happy

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

today's goal,by Rooney, was sensational,but it only papers over the cracks.

i believe,he could be,in the same class as, iniesta,xavi,and ronaldo.if he could recapture the form,that took him to man u.this has been missing this season,and most of last season.

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"today's goal,by Rooney, was sensational,but it only papers over the cracks.

i believe,he could be,in the same class as, iniesta,xavi,and ronaldo.if he could recapture the form,that took him to man u.this has been missing this season,and most of last season."

i think it was the season before last he nearly beat ronaldos goalscoring record of a season. Maybe theres something we overlooked unlike the players you mention, he may not be naturally gifted.. i say this because naturally gifted players never ever lose there skill there touch etc well not to the point rooney has.

lot of chat doing the rounds was rooneys second touch was always a tackle,,, His tactical play could do with vast improvement to today he was cf i saw him hit a 45 yard pass from deep midfield to where errr he should have been, obviously he cant be 2 places at once so ball went out for a throwing .

Im pretty much as puzzled as the next person over the enigma that is Wayne rooney for some games he is the white pele, other games he is totally abysmal....must do better on consistency

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are there any Man Utd fans in/from Manchester? "

Tiresome. Such a worn out statement. Arsenal, Liverpool (and Chelsea since Abramovich pumped his billions into the club), Barcelona, Real Madrid... all these clubs enjoy a worldwide fan base but for some inexplicable reason (or is it just pure envy) United are singled out for this continual boring accusation.

As for City.. they only lay claim to be Manchester's club because they can't lay claim to anything else.

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Are there any Man Utd fans in/from Manchester?

Tiresome. Such a worn out statement. Arsenal, Liverpool (and Chelsea since Abramovich pumped his billions into the club), Barcelona, Real Madrid... all these clubs enjoy a worldwide fan base but for some inexplicable reason (or is it just pure envy) United are singled out for this continual boring accusation.

As for City.. they only lay claim to be Manchester's club because they can't lay claim to anything else. "

I think its just envy. I see a lot say the refs and pundits love man united id disagree. All they use to bang on about was how arsenal won 1 premiership title by going unbeaten for a season, with no shout to united totally dominating the rest of the decade. Liverpool got all the adulation during there continued domination of the 80s. I supprted manu when we were crap i was born in ordsall.

As for city well they bang on bout being only true club in manc yet activley seek to "globaly sell there brand" There such a big true club, why do they have to sell tickets a pound to kids if only to try fill there ground.

Reply privately

over a year ago

why were chelsea the only club singled out then as having money 'pumped' into it?

Have other clubs not had large amounts of cash pumped into them,not to mention the fact that it was quite often not the owners money,but money 'borrowed' against the assets of the clubs

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"why were chelsea the only club singled out then as having money 'pumped' into it?

Have other clubs not had large amounts of cash pumped into them,not to mention the fact that it was quite often not the owners money,but money 'borrowed' against the assets of the clubs"

i think Blackburn started that one with uncle jack. It put a lot of fans noses out of joint with the lets buy the title. Personally i just think its envy from opposite fans. a chant lots of fans make against chelsea is chelsea rent boys.

Personally ijust find such a jibes said from envy. I am a Man united fan and i would love a huge benefactor like jack walker or roman abromovich to take over united then again saying that if charles mansion had a few billion to spare id go with that to, anything but the glaziers, there is a real bitter rivalry with leeds united.

At the time risdale nearly put them into extinction i was one of the few who did not gloat, what goes around could always come around and for us under the glaziers we are only to aware of how in the future we could be going to a shopping arndale centre rather tha a football ground.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"why were chelsea the only club singled out then as having money 'pumped' into it?

Have other clubs not had large amounts of cash pumped into them,not to mention the fact that it was quite often not the owners money,but money 'borrowed' against the assets of the clubs

i think Blackburn started that one with uncle jack. It put a lot of fans noses out of joint with the lets buy the title. Personally i just think its envy from opposite fans. a chant lots of fans make against chelsea is chelsea rent boys.

Personally ijust find such a jibes said from envy. I am a Man united fan and i would love a huge benefactor like jack walker or roman abromovich to take over united then again saying that if charles mansion had a few billion to spare id go with that to, anything but the glaziers, there is a real bitter rivalry with leeds united.

At the time risdale nearly put them into extinction i was one of the few who did not gloat, what goes around could always come around and for us under the glaziers we are only to aware of how in the future we could be going to a shopping arndale centre rather tha a football ground. "

I didn't support Chelsea until they were successful...

1970..I was 7. a cup winners cup final the year after followed by a 15 year roller coaster ride of more downs than ups.the highlight of that period was a full members cup final against man.city. we avoided the 3rd division by 2 points thanks to a last minute clive walker goal and say what you like about ken bates,he had a vision,he saw off the developers and saw it through.then along comes roman and his 'billions'

I love it but sadly what came with it were all the pricks who came out of the woodwork claiming to be chelsea fans.well i didn't see them when me and my 4 mates were the ONLY people on the north stand one february night against plymouth in 1977.

it is too corporate at the bridge now and when the away fans make a lot of noise its embarassing. At an fa cup game against newcastle a few years ago it was a joke

I love my club and i love being a top 4 team and winning trophies but to be really honest i probably got more out of it when we were shit

and theres the question of the European Cup..if we could just win that..

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

At the time risdale nearly put them into extinction i was one of the few who did not gloat, what goes around could always come around and for us under the glaziers we are only to aware of how in the future we could be going to a shopping arndale centre rather tha a football ground.

I didn't support Chelsea until they were successful...

1970..I was 7. a cup winners cup final the year after followed by a 15 year roller coaster ride of more downs than ups.the highlight of that period was a full members cup final against man.city. we avoided the 3rd division by 2 points thanks to a last minute clive walker goal and say what you like about ken bates,he had a vision,he saw off the developers and saw it through.then along comes roman and his 'billions'

I love it but sadly what came with it were all the pricks who came out of the woodwork claiming to be chelsea fans.well i didn't see them when me and my 4 mates were the ONLY people on the north stand one february night against plymouth in 1977.

it is too corporate at the bridge now and when the away fans make a lot of noise its embarassing. At an fa cup game against newcastle a few years ago it was a joke

I love my club and i love being a top 4 team and winning trophies but to be really honest i probably got more out of it when we were shit

and theres the question of the European Cup..if we could just win that.. "

on that i say to john we saw you crying in Moscow banter side i applaud your loyalty to your club. yep the real fan is being priced out of the game and with it goes the 2nd main part of going to the games ,,,,the atmosphere. I had been a ticket holder for last seven seasons,,, unfortunatley i could not afford it this year so i just get a ticket as and when i can.

I was extremely lucky to get a ticket for yesterdays derby last min. although i did get some odd looks stood in the juniors section and ranting some after hiding out in the toilets i managed to share a seat with a m8 where i could fully express my vocal chords lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

on that i say to john we saw you crying in Moscow "

I was in Egypt that night. It was the last night of my holiday and I watched it on a giant screen on the roof of a Naama Bay hotel.

Me,5 other Chelsea fans and about 100 man u fans. Hand on heart i can honestly say that the 6 of us made more noise than all the united fans put together for two hours

at the end as i was leaving a couple of them stood up (yeah,they sat down for the whole game! the european cup!sitting down!) they suddenly got noisy waving bye bye to me

it's not a good idea to start a riot in sharm. all the cops have guns and the roads have army checkpoints and i'm a long way from my hotel. so i keep shtum.

next day at the airport, me still in my chelsea shirt and half pissed i notice the manchester flight is delayed...by 11 hours!

If it hadn't been for the fact that whilst snorkelling at our hotel a randon dolphin swam with me for 5 minutes it would have been the highlight of my holiday

read in the paper a week later the plane eventually left 2 days late. broken part and wrong replacement sent..happy days

Reply privately

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"

on that i say to john we saw you crying in Moscow

I was in Egypt that night. It was the last night of my holiday and I watched it on a giant screen on the roof of a Naama Bay hotel.

Me,5 other Chelsea fans and about 100 man u fans. Hand on heart i can honestly say that the 6 of us made more noise than all the united fans put together for two hours

at the end as i was leaving a couple of them stood up (yeah,they sat down for the whole game! the european cup!sitting down!) they suddenly got noisy waving bye bye to me

it's not a good idea to start a riot in sharm. all the cops have guns and the roads have army checkpoints and i'm a long way from my hotel. so i keep shtum.

next day at the airport, me still in my chelsea shirt and half pissed i notice the manchester flight is delayed...by 11 hours!

If it hadn't been for the fact that whilst snorkelling at our hotel a randon dolphin swam with me for 5 minutes it would have been the highlight of my holiday

read in the paper a week later the plane eventually left 2 days late. broken part and wrong replacement sent..happy days "

Lol the man united fans you watched the game with were probably the glory hunter posse only cheer when were winning (the seaters). I cant speak for other fans only for my own team, If it was not for the stretford end the stadium would be void of any atmosphere whatsover.

We like yourselfs as were both successfull do attract a lot of day trippers and glory hunters.

Regarding plane 2 additional free days holiday with built in excuse lol very happy days indeed lol

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Well done you Spurs!!!!

Shame on the the Italians for that nasty foul and the head butting that Joe Jordan got

Reply privately

over a year ago

Milan were pretty crap for a team top of the Italian League. Gattuso is insane taking on Joe Jordan.

Spurs could be worth a flutter. They usually win something when the year ends in a one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gattuso was a proper little shitbag wasn't he. Souness summed him up perfectly at the end - he's a little dog you put on to yap around the other players.

Ugly little cunt too.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Gattuso was a proper little shitbag wasn't he. Souness summed him up perfectly at the end - he's a little dog you put on to yap around the other players.

Ugly little cunt too. "

Rob was calling him worse and yes Souness was very polite by calling him a dog

I just hope the one that was stretchered off is ok

Reply privately

By *ombre35Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Gattuso the water carrier only his buckets have holes in , they say he is determind comative midfielder in lamen terms i think it equates to a dirty little cheating ber stard.

Enjoyed the Arsenal game, shame we wont get to knock them out ,,,unless we meet them in the final lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gattuso the water carrier only his buckets have holes in , they say he is determind comative midfielder in lamen terms i think it equates to a dirty little cheating ber stard.

Enjoyed the Arsenal game, shame we wont get to knock them out ,,,unless we meet them in the final lol "

i hate that term "determind comative midfielder" basically means go cripple the small fella with tons of skill.

bring back flair and elegance

and to those of you that say you dont like footy google begkamp

old and balding but had it where it mattered

Reply privately

over a year ago

bugger

begkamp is d*unkanses for ( i hope i get this right) Dennis Bergkamp

Reply privately