Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

does anyone communicate in here!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi Woodie here I'm new on here, does anyone ever answer to instant messages on here? For every 10 iv sent iv been lucky to get 1 back! Even a polite refusal is better than no reply folks. Thank you Wxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry for your lack of replies. I always try and reply to messages as soon as I can, it coud be that your messages have not been read yet, or the person has not had time to reply, or it may just be that they are not into replying if they are not interested. Don't let any of it put you off, keep messaging and it will pay off in the end.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Woodie,Its exactly the same for everyone on here so you need to develop a thick skin and not worry about it

This subject has been covered many times if you read through previous forum threads you will know what I mean

over a year ago

If you get 1 reply from every 10, then is it not fair to say that 10% reply ?

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Here we go again!!!

Back to my books...... with this kind of tripe it wasn't worth me popping in for a nosey.

hhhuuummmppffff

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Mad - Does an alarm go off in your house?

Or can you just smell them?

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"Mad - Does an alarm go off in your house?

Or can you just smell them?"

hehehehhehehehehehehe......

I thought it had been a bit quiet on the whinging and whineing front lately, they obviously waited for me to have a lull in my work load before the numpty's started wimpering again.

and by the way Flirty my lovely....

I can smell bullsh*t through a 100ft steel wall.

Thats why I never stay married for that long! hahahhahahahahhahahahahha

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

I thought it had been a bit quiet on the whinging and whineing front lately, they obviously waited for me to have a lull in my work load before the numpty's started wimpering again.

Thats why I never stay married for that long! hahahhahahahahhahahahahha"

Thats why some of us never even GOT married LOL xx

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Thats why some of us never even GOT married LOL xx"

Just think of the new dress

New shoes

honeymoon

posh flowers

slap up meal

and all that cake......!

wotcha Debs........

**Maddie's going back to stick her nose in the book 'Chicken Shit Brit'......

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

OK - you win on that one hunny!!!!

lol

over a year ago

He timed that just right.....

Poor bugger...

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Im hoping hes having a read through the forums to answer his own question

either that or hes heading for the hills lol

over a year ago

Woodie,

The fact is 99% of your instant messages and emails will probably be ignored but you still have the 1% who do reply to look forward to! It have had my own messages ignored i imagine quite a few other guys have been in the same boat too (maybe even single females and couples). As a single guy your kinds up against it on here and the site is split on whether people should reply or not but it's a issue that will never change.

Ignore the negative comments as there not worth even reading. Good luck.

over a year ago

"Im hoping hes having a read through the forums to answer his own question

either that or hes heading for the hills lol "

But there's gold in them there hills ..

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

Thats why some of us never even GOT married LOL xx

Just think of the new dress

New shoes

honeymoon

posh flowers

slap up meal

and all that cake......!

wotcha Debs........

**Maddie's going back to stick her nose in the book 'Chicken Shit Brit'......

"

ueah ,.,,and stop looking at my profile nosey bugger ...pmsl

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Maddie is better than all those guys looking though PD?

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Maddie is better than all those guys looking though PD?"

hey good point .....keep looking posse totty

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi folks xxx whining& whining? ME? Not at all! Except in my union rep capacity! Just glad I'm still reasonably successful in ,meeting girls in the old fashioned face to face way! Thwarted way that resulted in a lovely Leeds girl walking like john wayne sister this morn! lol! Thanks folks Wxxx

over a year ago

union rep?...oh god lol

over a year ago

"union rep?...oh god lol"

MMMMmmmmm rings a bell not another retail manager i hope lol where is bigfella

over a year ago

"hi folks xxx whining& whining? ME? Not at all! Except in my union rep capacity! Just glad I'm still reasonably successful in ,meeting girls in the old fashioned face to face way! Thwarted way that resulted in a lovely Leeds girl walking like john wayne sister this morn! lol! Thanks folks Wxxx "

Which sort of begs the question if your vanilla lifestyle is so successful how come you have time to complain that folk on here are being so rude and not replying to you, just a thought?

over a year ago

"union rep?...oh god lol

MMMMmmmmm rings a bell not another retail manager i hope lol where is bigfella"

Did someone call??? lol

You starting to sound just a little pompous and arrogant now my Kilt clad friend, are you saying that men come on here because they can't meet woman any other way???

I'll have you know, I have had 2 'proper' girlfriends in my life, the first left me for a retail manager the bitch, the second I still have in the freezer...and I thaw her out and use her as and when I want..so na na na na naaaaa!!!!

Par for the course mate, some answer, some don't, they get loads every day, don't take it personally and you will be just fine

over a year ago

New guy comes on the site. After a few days ventures into the Forum to ask a perfectly reasonable question being totally unaware its been asked loads of times before. Not his fault. He even tries a response as well.

But he gets sarcasm and abuse in different measure for his troubles and his Thread is hijacked by the usual suspects. No wonder few new arrivals who try to join in bother to stay the course in here. But then that is how you people keep the forums as your own personal territory I guess.

As two2bonkwith sarcastically said 'just a thought?'.

over a year ago

From honeypotcouple:
"Woodie,Its exactly the same for everyone on here so you need to develop a thick skin and not worry about it

This subject has been covered many times if you read through previous forum threads you will know what I mean "

Excellent reply and makes the others look very dire.

over a year ago

" No wonder few new arrivals who try to join in bother to stay the course in here. But then that is how you people keep the forums as your own personal territory I guess.

As two2bonkwith sarcastically said 'just a thought?'."

Geroff my land lmao xxx

over a year ago

Starting to get the hang of these forums now. I thought the idea was to be able to offer help and advice to people and discuss stuff. But always find a few couples who just want to cause a bit of agro.

When i first read this thread i just felt that the kilted gentleman was a bit naive and needed someone to put him on the right path.

Funny how some people decide you have to attack people at the first opportunity instead.

over a year ago

"Starting to get the hang of these forums now. I thought the idea was to be able to offer help and advice to people and discuss stuff. But always find a few couples who just want to cause a bit of agro.

When i first read this thread i just felt that the kilted gentleman was a bit naive and needed someone to put him on the right path.

Funny how some people decide you have to attack people at the first opportunity instead. "

Yep, i agree. I made the mistake of posting on the forums when i first joined and got attacked by certain few...though i did get some great advice and emails of support from alot more people than those who were negative towards me. People also have to realise that new members are not going to read through hoards of previous forum postings and may well begin a thread that has been covered before and if people are fed up of such threads then they should pass them by. I have the view that if your just going to comment on a thread to be sarcastic and unhelpful then don't bother as it causes bad feeling and unnecessary arguements. And there are big differences between wit and light hearted remarks to down right rudeness.

Come to think of it i do remember a transvestite posting on the forums who left due to the abuse they recieved and i suspect they haven't the only ones. Lets treat everyone with respect and be helpful...those who don't want to positively contribute to a question should go and comment on those questions they do like...makes sense to me.

over a year ago

i just had a nice cheese and bean and sasauge pasty from greggs hmmmmm

over a year ago

"i just had a nice cheese and bean and sasauge pasty from greggs hmmmmm"

How delightfully random lol x

over a year ago

Well i've been quite lucky in that i've never had any abuse that i didn't deserve.

But a couple of contributers only ever make negative or sarky comments, and it's only really towards people who are new here.

I know it can be annoying when people say stupid things but such comments never help. So in a desperate attempt to get the thread back on topic, yes people do communicate here, but not always very well and certainly not consistently.

over a year ago

"but not always very well and certainly not consistently."

Except for kitty who is consistently mad

over a year ago

8114419 2116 23815 2089141119 715208931 919 1 215189147 2021184

My new form of communication lol

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

" yes people do communicate here, but not always very well and certainly not consistently."

Almost makes it like real life!

I too was hung, drawn and quartered by the "usual sspects as it was put (not those with that username!) But you look back at what was said to me and it was right, so I just kept trying. And still do!

Stick with it, there are great people on here!

over a year ago

"8114419 2116 23815 2089141119 715208931 919 1 215189147 2021184

"

How dare you! My mother was a saint!

over a year ago

My new form of communication lol"

yea greggs sell them too hun

over a year ago

How dare you! My mother was a saint!"

lol awww not you hun

over a year ago

" yes people do communicate here, but not always very well and certainly not consistently.

I too was hung, drawn and quartered by the "usual sspects as it was put (not those with that username!) But you look back at what was said to me and it was right, so I just kept trying. And still do!

Stick with it, there are great people on here!"

I never knew you were "hung" firty lol

over a year ago

"New guy comes on the site. After a few days ventures into the Forum to ask a perfectly reasonable question being totally unaware its been asked loads of times before. Not his fault. He even tries a response as well.

But he gets sarcasm and abuse in different measure for his troubles and his Thread is hijacked by the usual suspects. No wonder few new arrivals who try to join in bother to stay the course in here. But then that is how you people keep the forums as your own personal territory I guess.

Looks like the irony of my post was lost on you, just a thought

over a year ago

the irony of most of your posts is lost on me lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I can think of loads of new arrivals that have hung around and joined in with the forums

everyone has as much right to be here as the next regardless

Those that use the forums regularly were also new once so I can't see how different it was for them

Perhaps attitudes come into it...if all your going to post is moans and whines then why will people want to respond?

over a year ago

"

Looks like the irony of my post was lost on you, just a thought "

It came across to me (at first read and on re-read) as sarcastic and therefore not ironic. And the point of my post is entirely lost on you (and some others) apparently.

For theose who have tried to keep it on Thread and maintian courtesy well done you.

But hey to the others: keep the abuse going folks ...it just makes people who 'browse' the Forum less likely to 'participate'. Result!

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

" I never knew you were "hung" firty lol"

You have to keep something back as a surprise!

over a year ago

"

....Perhaps attitudes come into it...if all your going to post is moans and whines then why will people want to respond?

"

Probably very true. But I don't think the OP was moaning or whingeing. He just asked a question that sadly for him has been asked loads of times before. And as others have said if you are not attracted to a Thread pass it by don't abuse the OP (or others).

I am reminded of a famous quote: "There is no such thing as a Stupid Question. There is only a Stupid Answer"

over a year ago

I post regularly in the forums on another site and have just started to get used to things on fab .... we both love a bit of banter and a few laughs and see it as part of the fun of this lifestyle .. we deffo don't take ourselves too seriously but ...... oh 'eck I'm rambling where's me mental pills lol x

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"

....Perhaps attitudes come into it...if all your going to post is moans and whines then why will people want to respond?

Probably very true. But I don't think the OP was moaning or whingeing. He just asked a question that sadly for him has been asked loads of times before. And as others have said if you are not attracted to a Thread pass it by don't abuse the OP (or others).

I am reminded of a famous quote: "There is no such thing as a Stupid Question. There is only a Stupid Answer""

I agree that the OP was'nt moaning at all and I gave him some advice...I was refering to others who moan about the forums and the fact that they seem to be ignored when all they seem to do is be negative about everthing when they do post....I love to see peoples sense of humour on here but then thats just me and we're not all the same

over a year ago

And as I said way back when I first commented on the attitudes of others in this Thread: Yours was an excellent reply.

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"New guy comes on the site. After a few days ventures into the Forum to ask a perfectly reasonable question being totally unaware its been asked loads of times before. Not his fault. He even tries a response as well.

YOU PEOPLE???

Whats that mean???

There have been loads of newbies of late and lots who are regular contributers - including myself - and its all in good fun.

Try to keep it light "people" !!! lol

over a year ago

"YOU PEOPLE???

Whats that mean???

There have been loads of newbies of late and lots who are regular contributers - including myself - and its all in good fun.

Try to keep it light "people" !!! lol"

Read the Thread through and you will see to whom my post was addressed...and they keep coming back and proving my point as well.

You really believe that a guy who has been on the site for a week and tries to post a Thread deserves what he got? I don't think he did and some replies were excellent (as I noted) but most were sarcastic and rude. So why would a newbie bother to try again after that?

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"And as I said way back when I first commented on the attitudes of others in this Thread: Yours was an excellent reply."

i think you and gothica have made some fair points ...in that we tend to forget that we have got used to each others styles, ways of posting,the sarcasm and banter amongst ourselves etc and we relate to previous commical threads forgetting that the newby to the forum must be thinking hey whats going on... ...i only asked a question.

I remember the TV gothica one post and one reply saying he was leaving the forums and the site .

The problem is with the OPs post, we have had massive contentious debates on the subject and no one really wants to go back there....but he does deserve decent answers and some friendly advice

we all do if we ask for it .

fair cop

over a year ago

Thanks for that PD. Appreciated.

over a year ago

Yup, a few gobby buggers on here!

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Yup, a few gobby buggers on here!"

KICK!!

Ooops wrong thread!

over a year ago

"Yup, a few gobby buggers on here!

KICK!!

Ooops wrong thread!"

what?....WHAT? lol

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

KICK!!

Ooops wrong thread!

what?....WHAT? lol"

she puts the boot in anywhere ....

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

KICK!!

Ooops wrong thread!

what?....WHAT? lol

she puts the boot in anywhere ...."

Yeah, and i had a bad day so watch it boyo!!!

Mwahhahahaha

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

" yes people do communicate here, but not always very well and certainly not consistently.

Stick with it, there are great people on here!"

You called big boy????????

lol

over a year ago

some people are only happy if they moaning they a girl

some people are only happy if they eating food

the second one is me.

over a year ago

"

It came across to me (at first read and on re-read) as sarcastic and therefore not ironic. And the point of my post is entirely lost on you (and some others) apparently.

For theose who have tried to keep it on Thread and maintian courtesy well done you.

But hey to the others: keep the abuse going folks ...it just makes people who 'browse' the Forum less likely to 'participate'. Result!"

If it was sarcastic it would have taken the form of others who posted along the lines of "boring" etc

It was ironic in that it simply compared the idea that someone could have absolutely no success what so ever in here but be such a stud in their vanilla life that they can reduce a women to an arthritic wreck after one night of passion.

I knew it was going to be way to subtle for some when I posted it, as is the case here. I will let you decide for yourself whether this is me now being ironic or sarcastic

over a year ago

"

But hey to the others: keep the abuse going folks ...it just makes people who 'browse' the Forum less likely to 'participate'. Result!"

wrong we only started reading and joining in the forums coz ppl like youself have not got a sense of humour which in itself is humourous(if thats how its spelt) please keep up the good work xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"

. . . . . . . . . . . . But hey to the others: keep the abuse going folks ...it just makes people who 'browse' the Forum less likely to 'participate'. Result!"

It also serves the very useful purpose of showing the arses to be just that.

Long live the difference.

over a year ago

"

But hey to the others: keep the abuse going folks ...it just makes people who 'browse' the Forum less likely to 'participate'. Result!

wrong we only started reading and joining in the forums coz ppl like youself have not got a sense of humour which in itself is humourous(if thats how its spelt) please keep up the good work xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

hahaha love it

over a year ago

With the notable exception of 'Littlehornyblonde' I think the last few posts have just about proved my point.

Throughout this Thread I have been courteous and polite despite disagreeing with what some had written. I have tried to keep things 'on Thread' and some have agreed. I have not abused or attacked anyone for their opinions even while I may disagree.

Sadly it seems many cannot see the difference between personal abuse and a difference of opinion. Which, as I say, actually makes my point for me.

As someone said in an SH Forum once and I make no apologies for quoting it:

"Abuse is normally the refuge of the witless"

over a year ago

nee naa nee naa nee naa forum police alert!!

Think we had mods for this dont we?

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"I post regularly in the forums on another site and have just started to get used to things on fab .... we both love a bit of banter and a few laughs and see it as part of the fun of this lifestyle .. we deffo don't take ourselves too seriously but ...... oh 'eck I'm rambling where's me mental pills lol x"

Serens my gorgeous honey..........

WTF you doing here?

You deserted SP?

over a year ago

lol hiya maddy hun ... just thought a change was as good as a rest babe lol xxx

Post new Message to Thread