Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School holidays

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Aaaarrrggghhh!!! fed up with the school holidays already!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Totally agree completely mess up getting sex lol

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Totally agree completely mess up getting sex lol "

Exactly !!! lol

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

Still got 3+ weeks till they start here.

N

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to love school holidays, good quality time with my son. Could never understood people complaining about looking after their own children.

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

This will be my 1st summer holidays in 12 years without the kids.

Separation does have it's advantages

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I used to love school holidays, good quality time with my son. Could never understood people complaining about looking after their own children."

This Although not your son obviously

over a year ago

"I used to love school holidays, good quality time with my son. Could never understood people complaining about looking after their own children."

Oh don't get wrong I love my son with all my soul x just wish he would go out instead if being in the house 24/7 until Sept

over a year ago

over a year ago

Another month to go here

over a year ago

"Another month to go here"

And here

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Another month to go here"

Same here and I can't wait yet dread them at the same time. Great to spend some quality time with my gorgeous girl but the stress and hassle of childcare for when im not off work nearly breaks me. There should be something that holds employers liable for some flexibility around school holidays!!

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

" There should be something that holds employers liable for some flexibility around school holidays!!"

Why? Having children is a choice. Why should your employer move their business needs around your choice to have a child?

*Her*

over a year ago

ours start in 4 weeks. im hoping to make some arrangements for some daytime fun sometime during them.

over a year ago

" There should be something that holds employers liable for some flexibility around school holidays!!

Why? Having children is a choice. Why should your employer move their business needs around your choice to have a child?

*Her*"

over a year ago

" There should be something that holds employers liable for some flexibility around school holidays!!

*Her*"

in this day and age it should be more flexible.. I just don't work much during school holidays.

By *reelove1969Couple
over a year ago

bristol

don't understand why you would expect your employer to work around your decision to have a family.

over a year ago

"don't understand why you would expect your employer to work around your decision to have a family. "

because it's something that makes keeping good workers easier.. I just rarely work school holidays. It's easier than trying to sort out childcare as there is none for my disabled daughter anyway.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"I used to love school holidays, good quality time with my son. Could never understood people complaining about looking after their own children.

"

I've never understood that either. Schools are not there to childmind.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

employers are there to make money, not fit around parents lives.

Where i used to work they had term time contracts and tey were a pain in the ass when it came to scheduling over the summer!! had to pay overtime to those not on term time contracts to esure we had enough cover.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

If companies don't want to be flexible then they should employ only the childless. But since they would find it difficult to fill all relevant posts then they should probably fit in with the workforces needs. And, let's face it, many of their consumers are parents too. Best not piss them off or you might lose business.

Companies exist within society to service the needs of society. Not the other way round.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

as a member of the public that uses services i would be pissed off if delivery of services i used was delayed due to staffing shortages because its the school holidays and i bet most parents would be to.

you cant expect things to go on as normal when half the workforce are on term time contracts

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

*Her*

in this day and age it should be more flexible.. I just don't work much during school holidays. "

Why?

I'm paying my staff to work a 37 half hour week..... Their childcare is not my concern unless it's an absolute emergency (when I will help)........ They want their full pay....they work their full hours or use their flexi or annual leave

And to be honest, theyare not always the best workers. I had a clerk last year, who through holiday, flexi, her sick (yeah right) and her kids sick and emergencies in childcare through the holidays, actually only worked 15 weeks out of 52........

You tell me where that is fair on the other staff who have to pick up the work and on me who has to schedule to cover the holidays....

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I am not sure whether this is a black and white thing really. I agree that the choice to have kids brings along the reponsibility of looking after them and that includes potentially making sacrifices during school holidays. So yes, responsibility is with the parent to make their appropriate arrangements.

The other part of my head (and heart I guess) says that there is an element of society sharing the responsibility for our future generations and as such I would expect SOME flexibility on the employer's part.

Lastly, there is an element of unfairness really in that it is usually the mothers who sacrifice their careers and opportunities to look after the children, both inside and outside school holidays.

Summary ? It should, like so many things be a matter of give and take and the big C word. Compromise.

over a year ago

if employers arent prepared to be flexible how many millions of parents will refuse to work and claim benefits?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

PS : I have sacrificed a potentially very good career for my children and I have no regrets at all - it was my choice.

But I do completely empathise with the dilemma professional women face when it comes to approrpiate child care.

In some European countries there are really good provisions for childcare offered by the employer. It does seem to pay off when they want to hold on to good staff.

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Aaaarrrggghhh!!! fed up with the school holidays already!!! "

They have not started yet!! why complain? Have I missed something?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Aaaarrrggghhh!!! fed up with the school holidays already!!!

They have not started yet!! why complain? Have I missed something? "

Indeed lol... I actually loved having mine home - and still do!

over a year ago

my teens finished his exams now off til college end of bleedin september, which means hes in bed til midday and up all night in the room next to ours....we have to get hotels just to shag each other!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

We all moan at some point about our kids, especially after long holidays but they are ours and it should be nice to have them home. Also how can people complain it gets in the way of their sex life

over a year ago

I look forward to the school holidays except the lack of cash... Because I dont work over the holidays much.. due to it costing me pretty much more to go to work than I would earn...

I have just planned my first two weeks in.. as I hate to stay in during holidays... although it makes meeting actually a little easier for me as there is no school run to worry about..

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Aaaarrrggghhh!!! fed up with the school holidays already!!!

They have not started yet!! why complain? Have I missed something? "

The OP lives in Scotland, their school holidays are earlier than ours

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I am not sure whether this is a black and white thing really. I agree that the choice to have kids brings along the reponsibility of looking after them and that includes potentially making sacrifices during school holidays. So yes, responsibility is with the parent to make their appropriate arrangements.

The other part of my head (and heart I guess) says that there is an element of society sharing the responsibility for our future generations and as such I would expect SOME flexibility on the employer's part.

Lastly, there is an element of unfairness really in that it is usually the mothers who sacrifice their careers and opportunities to look after the children, both inside and outside school holidays.

Summary ? It should, like so many things be a matter of give and take and the big C word. Compromise. "

Well put and yes compromise is exactly what is needed. I seem to have been jumped on for an earlier comment. It's not that I would expect the whole holidays off just some compromise. Yes I chose to have children and actually had no intention of working the hours I do but sadly I also had no intention of becoming a single parent which I have which leaves me with no choice but to work. I'd much rather be at home with my child but if I did then I'd end up out in the streets!!

Post new Message to Thread