Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

site supporter !! ??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whats not to like with this idea !! It will contribute to keeping fab such a ' fab ' place and can only lead to the continued success of this site ...... and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ?? I for one am really glad to the site offers this and to contribute too - thanks guys !! Fun4 xxxx

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yeh thats what i thought exactly so i took up their offer 2 for gold member

did it by text which is a good thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ??

# Fun4 xxxx"

That has to be the most blinkered post I've read in months.

By your own definition, anyone who can't afford £2.50 is NOT genuine yes?

Many on this site have met us, some have shagged us, but because we joined this site because of its mission statement to remain free we refuse to pay to use it, therefore, we are not genuine, by your definition of the term.

Tsk!

Reply privately

over a year ago

We wonder how many of the genuine couples and singles who were around from pretty much the start will feel NEEDY enough to take up this offer?

Apart from a few more features, which we have made do without quite happily up till now we are not quite sure what the advantage is.

It's perfectly understandable that a few may think the "badge" somehow increases credibility but I suspect quite a lot of folk will not feel any need to "big themselves up" in this manner and will carry on about their business in the time honoured fashion

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where's those bloody rolling eyes smileys when we need them.

I understand what you mean Dale, ignore the Oldies!! :D

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree with all the above. Thought it was a funny comment myself...

Doubt i'll be paying for any extra's, and if £2.50 of my hard borrowed student loan is going anywhere a month it would more likely go to a charity. Not that I'm saying the site owners don't deserve it/need it, before I get myself in trouble!

Reply privately

By *irtyduoCouple
over a year ago

nr stirling

while im not NEEDY to take this offer up i just think it adds a little more fun/excitement to the site and you can see who has viewed your profile!

whether people take this offer or not i dont think it determines on way or another whether you are genuine or not!

i think its just peoples prefernece whether they take the offer up or not!!x

Reply privately

over a year ago

how else your going 2 keep the site alive if no 1 helps out 2 pay for it

if you want a great community ie

better server, forum, smiley's etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes exactly, I certainly don't mind putting in £2.50 per month back into this site that has so far been good for us for free, and I don't think Fun4 was suggesting people that don't are not genuine, or that it adds to rep as like a 'badge'.

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

I done it and yeah its fun and not broke the bank.

Its good to have somat new to play with

Reply privately

over a year ago

i need my fivers for big macs lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its always interesting to see just what parts people pick up on in posts - i RARELY post as there are always some who misconstrew the original meaning and take it all out of context ...... usually as THEY are taking it personally. ..... and this is from one of an ORIGINAL members of fab i hasten to add - ie ME as a humble single guy !! It is a free site and unfortunately they usually end up proliferated by chancers, timewasters, bullshitters, arseholes and fakers NO matter how hard admin try to keep them to a minimum - its a like losing a fighting battle continuously. The new features are worth the cash alone and if it helps contribute to the continued success of this site as i ORIGINALLY said - i am happy to show my support !! I don't need any badge of honour as i am very well verified so there is no worries on that behalf...... but the world is ALWAYS going to be full of people still wanting something for nothing i suppose ...... and they would be the first to winge if it was taken away - funny that eh ??!! lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

As the good man once said tho eh ........ ' Quiet from the cheap seats ' !! lol xxxxx

Reply privately

By *scariMan
over a year ago

Taunton

I think it's worth the £2.50 if it helps the site.Interesting to see the "who's looked at me" bit,mostly people who don't fit what i'm looking for, but especially the person who said my profile was inferior, seems to have looked at it quite alot, lol!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Its always interesting to see just what parts people pick up on in posts -

...... but the world is ALWAYS going to be full of people still wanting something for nothing i suppose ...... and they would be the first to winge if it was taken away - funny that eh ??!! lol xxx"

You've done that very same thing yourself - only picked up one a part of the counter agruments to your post.

I said in my earlier post that this site's mission statement when it first launched was to remain a FREE site and that is still evident in the main logo above... scroll up and take a look if you don't believe me... it says it quite clearly... FUN ... FREE... and FAB ...

To start charging for certain services makes it FUN... ALMOST FREE ... NOT SO FAB .. don't you think?

Admin,

I'm not knocking the site or its moderators etc, you know full well how much I love this place, I'm merely stating my view on free sites going over to pay. I'm simply counter-arguing a debate.

If the truth be known, I'd probably pay if the site went over to a 'pay for access' service but as I have a choice at the moment, I choose not to pay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And I will just put up with the Ad's

Reply privately

over a year ago

Irony is a bitter pill to swallow too somtimes a wise man once said !! lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wishy,

Looks like you got a little nibble there

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is some irony here guys, go back and read your posts. :D

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know ...... some people show their commitment in actions and intent ...... others just use words ...... a bit like politicians ..... and i don't do politics either - have fun peeps !! lol xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

The site still is free though wishy, a few extra features that if you dont use you wont need, the site is the same as it always was, free, its the extras thats not.

It's like an all inclusive holiday, its all inclusive until you ask for a jack daniels at the bar.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Which is why some of us are content with the locally produced drinks and the yellow wrist band

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

" ...... and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ?? Fun4 xxxx"

someone made unemployed perhaps living on £60-50 per week Job seekers allowance and paying 30 percent of that on power and struggling to decide whether to eat or heat ......just a thought ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which is why some of us are content with the locally produced drinks and the yellow wrist band "

But of course the ones who ask for a jack daniels are NEEDY :D

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank you sexo ...... and i completely agree, but lets also once again put this into perspective and to bed so to speak ..... its £2.50 per month we are talking about here ..... even i couldn't see total sense in the Gold !! lol xxx Now some people are always going to say its not the point its the principle and i agree but it totally unaffects them as its STILL free ..... i merely meant it as a rough indicator - not as a damnation as being disgeneuous if you don't contribute. Fab is still exactly what it is ..... fab ..... but just with added extra's !! lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ...... and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ?? Fun4 xxxx

someone made unemployed perhaps living on £60-50 per week Job seekers allowance and paying 30 percent of that on power and struggling to decide whether to eat or heat ......just a thought ...."

Me thinks some of the 'regulars' have taken this a little too literal.

Come on guys it's not difficult to see what he is getting at is it.

Lighten up ffs people.

Oh, and WELCOME to the fun of the forum Fun4.

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

" ...... and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ?? Fun4 xxxx

someone made unemployed perhaps living on £60-50 per week Job seekers allowance and paying 30 percent of that on power and struggling to decide whether to eat or heat ......just a thought ...."

Not having that as an excuse PD, claiming poverty is one of the all time classic excuses used by time wasters and wannabees'...............

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its £2.50 per month we are talking about here !! lol xxx"

its not £2.50

its £5

Reply privately

over a year ago

...........Some people are just so touchy ..... and i hate having words PUT into my mouth ..... but then again there are always people who need EVERYTHING explaining and being spoon fed too. Hope i made myself clear thro the last few posts ....... no more to say really - and won't start anymore as a result !! lol xxx

Reply privately

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

At the moment it is FREE!!

Has been since i joined 4 weeks ago!

I have loved every minute so far.

Do i need yo upgrade...???

At the moment - i feel not (unless i get my own "deleted REPLIED button all to myself!!)

While the site is as it is - its great - but other members who want more out of the site have that given option.

And good on the owners for listening to feedback and trying to make it better WITHOUT any comeback on existing members who are happy as they are.

Its a happy house here most of the time- and if it can be made better - then woohoo is all i have to say!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!! xxx Debz xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know Trever ..... some people take ALL the fun out of swinging ..... i like to think i am trying to put some into it ...... but as i said - irony is wasted on many !!

Thanks too - such a warm welcome for my VERY 1st post don't you think ??!! lol xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Paisley .... try the silver mate ....... its £2.50 a month ...... you were robbed with the gold !! lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know Trever ..... some people take ALL the fun out of swinging ..... i like to think i am trying to put some into it ...... but as i said - irony is wasted on many !!

Thanks too - such a warm welcome for my VERY 1st post don't you think ??!! lol xxxx"

Don't let it bother you, it's like this for many when they first start to post.

it will settle soon enough, lol.

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its £2.50 per month we are talking about here !! lol xxx

its not £2.50

its £5"

Only for the eejits who choose gold, us poppers went silver lol, dont use chat after all, and have to say its worth it just to see all your viewable message history with contacts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

dont use chat either

mainly forums

Reply privately

over a year ago

yawwwwwn i just read the most self obessed profile on this site lmao!!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

ooops wrong thingy

Reply privately

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"ooops wrong thingy"

Oh kitty you do make me laugh xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"yawwwwwn i just read the most self obessed profile on this site lmao!!!!!!!"

May not be that ironic but that is funny as fuck............. another gem from Kitty

Reply privately

over a year ago

Priceless Kitty ....... just what this thread needed thanks sweetie !! lol xx mwah xxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

pmsfl

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

someone made unemployed perhaps living on £60-50 per week Job seekers allowance and paying 30 percent of that on power and struggling to decide whether to eat or heat ......just a thought ....

Not having that as an excuse PD, claiming poverty is one of the all time classic excuses used by time wasters and wannabees'............... "

no nothing that brave ...just trying to answer the question the OP asked ..

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Nothing has been taken away from this site so its really up to individuals to decide whether they want to have the extras which I think are realy cool lol

I also dont believe that it will make anyone on here anymore genuine that they already are or are'nt as the case may be

I most certainly am not NEEDY Mr Bonk grrrr

Reply privately

over a year ago

i would pay lot's for real 'extras' eh eh hahahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Take it up with Wishy then Kitty ..... they want em for free - meow !!! Only kidding Wishy..... i am FAR from being an arsey twat - ask anyone who knows me !! lol xxxx

Oh ...... and btw Kitty - i don't charge for extra's either ... or expect to pay for them either.... damn !! That just debases my whole post ..... i am confused now !! hehehe xxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Take it up with Wishy then Kitty ..... they want em for free - meow !!! Only kidding Wishy..... i am FAR from being an arsey twat - ask anyone who knows me !! lol xxxx

Oh ...... and btw Kitty - i don't charge for extra's either ... or expect to pay for them either.... damn !! That just debases my whole post ..... i am confused now !! hehehe xxxx"

i just added ur msn to a few 'sites' for a laugh hahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ooohhh you are a rotten cow Kitty ........ but i do like you and your style maam !! lol xxx

Mwah babe's xxxxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

But i also know you didn't Kitty ...... and you know why ??!! I just checked my new fangled extra's package and saw you didn't even look at my profile so you are SO busted too sweetie ...... you would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't have been for those pesky kids !! lol xxx Phew ..... thank fook for the extra's is all i can say. Errmmmm i think this is where i came in peeps ........ !! lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nothing has been taken away from this site so its really up to individuals to decide whether they want to have the extras which I think are realy cool lol

I also dont believe that it will make anyone on here anymore genuine that they already are or are'nt as the case may be

I most certainly am not NEEDY Mr Bonk grrrr"

Not NEEDY but in need of something, wish we were younger and closer as we would do our best to sort your needs out

Reply privately

By *ousewiveschoiceMan
over a year ago

Kelso

It's a bollocks!!

I was quite happy with the ads, they never bothered me and I never used them.

It wouldn't be so bad if they just admitted that they thought could more money from subscriptions but trying to dress it up as anything other than profiteering at the expense of users is just, well normal.

I can see what's going to happen here with private chatrooms and gold badges is that folks who wish to remain separated from this site and thier bank details - for whatever reason are ultimately going to lose out or be excluded from the inner cleik.

I've seen other sites adopt this tactic and new enterprises (such as fab 3 years ago) start up.

See Y'all on the new fab whatever it's called!

ps. why the fuuuck would anyone want to change their username? Now that really will sort the "genuine" swingers out lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

why the need of swearing??

firstly i didn't use my credit debit card

i paid by mobile text

or you can pay by phone simple as that

reason i paid for the site to help it run

server dose not come cheap if members wanting extra this is why iam giving something back to a good community

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here here indeed !!

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"It's a bollocks!!

It wouldn't be so bad if they just admitted that they thought could more money from subscriptions but trying to dress it up as anything other than profiteering at the expense of users is just, well normal.

I can see what's going to happen here with private chatrooms and gold badges is that folks who wish to remain separated from this site and thier bank details - for whatever reason are ultimately going to lose out or be excluded from the inner cleik.

I've seen other sites adopt this tactic and new enterprises (such as fab 3 years ago) start up.

ps. why the fuuuck would anyone want to change their username? Now that really will sort the "genuine" swingers out lol"

to be fair the current owners have committed to not do that ...there will always be a free site ...it was a definate pledge on another thread .

i think its a good compromise ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I vowed never to post again after a sound flaming at a recent attempt at adding a point of view. But:

When the Chatroom was 'lost' for some time there was an excellent (flame free!) debate in here about what could / should / etc be done. I for one (along with many others) was happy to pay, and offered, a one off fee of £12 to 'buy in' a state of the art chatroom platform and server. I wasn't that worried that others may 'freeload' although some said it should only be for those that paid.

The connection I am making (rather badly)to this Thread is that my contribution would have been invisible and known only to Admin staff. What is being floated by this Silver or Gold option is rather different. Firstly it WILL be seen as a badge and it WILL be viewed by many (as the OP quite clearly said although he has since backtracked) that if you don't have the badge you are somehow less than genuine. Add the title 'Site Supporter' to it and it can be a little offensive to those of us who quietly enjoy the site 'as is' as we will be seen as 'NOT a Site Supporter'.

To also say "and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh ??" says as much about the attitude of the OP as it does about the concept of paying for 'extras' and is a perfect example of how those who choose NOT to pay will be seen.

As a closing comment can I ask what "It is a free site and unfortunately they usually end up proliferated by chancers, timewasters, bullshitters, arseholes and fakers NO matter how hard admin try to keep them to a minimum" (by the OP) has to do with this Thread if it isn't to re-affirm the comment above that a) you are genuine if you cough up a fiver and b) you are an arsehole if you don't.

In which case I suppose I will continue to be a non genuine arsehole and faker as I have no intention of being blackmailed by the likes of the OP into becoming a fully badged 'Site Supporter'. I thought I was already supporting the site by visiting it!

Just my simple but honest point of view.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But i also know you didn't Kitty ...... and you know why ??!! I just checked my new fangled extra's package and saw you didn't even look at my profile so you are SO busted too sweetie ...... you would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't have been for those pesky kids !! lol xxx Phew ..... thank fook for the extra's is all i can say. Errmmmm i think this is where i came in peeps ........ !! lol xxx"

ahhh i aint silly hun, i opted out of letting people see i have viewed their profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I was on the Old King Cole, I couldn't afford the internet or the telephone line associated with it, so wether a site charged or not for its services was purely academic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a bollocks!!

ps. why the fuuuck would anyone want to change their username? Now that really will sort the "genuine" swingers out lol"

You see, to have it all sussed my friend. I don't suppose you could tell me what the winning numbers will be for this weeks lottery ?

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

As one of the oldies on here, I get it free for 24 to try it......

I'm not going to and I am not going to pay for it.

At the end of the day, if I thought that some of the money would be used to improve the forums and not all be kept for the chat rooms, then I probably would.

Why not charge to use the chatrooms and if need be, a different one off fee to use the forums.

After all, most of the chat room regulars come on to the forums to whinge when there are chat room problems and they get them solved.

Forumites have been asking for smilies, edit buttons etc from inception of the new forums.......... does anyone listen to us?

No.........

I'll pay if and when I can see some kind of benefit.

Reply privately

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Why not charge to use the chatrooms and if need be, a different one off fee to use the forums.

"

The forums will always be free to use and post to and we'll be continuing to improve them over the summer.

Admin.

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"As one of the oldies on here, I get it free for 24 to try it......

I'm not going to and I am not going to pay for it.

At the end of the day, if I thought that some of the money would be used to improve the forums and not all be kept for the chat rooms, then I probably would.

Why not charge to use the chatrooms and if need be, a different one off fee to use the forums.

After all, most of the chat room regulars come on to the forums to whinge when there are chat room problems and they get them solved.

Forumites have been asking for smilies, edit buttons etc from inception of the new forums.......... does anyone listen to us?

No.........

I'll pay if and when I can see some kind of benefit."

This will cheer you up Maddie...forums are going to have smilies and better features in the summer..WOO HOOO!!!! now get your head back in that book xxxxxx

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

When I was on the Old King Cole, I couldn't afford the internet or the telephone line associated with it, so wether a site charged or not for its services was purely academic"

i dont know how long that was ago ..i meet a lot of unemployed people who have to have internet access in order to remain competitive in the job search market and hit the agencies daily looking for work its cheaper than public transport.

BT now have a social scheme of £13 per quarter line rental for people on benefits.

MR X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a bollocks!!

we want to change our username as we no longer firsttimers better leave now as we must not bbe genuine swingers but will buy the swinging rule book to check the do's and donts lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well Well Well!

"What we've got here is failure to communicate,

some men you just can't reach,

so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it,

well, he gets it,

and I don't like it anymore than you men"

As per usual a new OP comes along, the old clan/clique/gang read it wrong (imo), all stand together and shoot down the OP, we see this time and time again, Fun4 is a very decent, genuine, sorted, great, considerate, lovely guy, yes his profile can come across a bit showy offy but at least he shows off alone and not in a 'gang' on a forum.

The only thing that makes this site poor is the 'clique' on here, it would seem some people believe because they have been around longer than others then it is their site, or they deserve a badge because they were here before others, so woopy woo you found the site before others or you turned to swinging before others, get over yourselves, perlease.

imo What Fun4 was getting at was for those genuine enough and those considerate enough to realise a lot of money and time goes into these sites then an OPTION to pay £2.50 is not a lot, I did not take it that he was saying if you don't then you are not genuine, maybe if/when he becomes a prolific poster he will be able to express his opinion.

Until then, WELCOME TO THE FORUM FUN4, do stay and enjoy yourself, not everyone here opposes the new guys opinion, or tries to tear it to shreds.

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a bollocks!!

ps. why the fuuuck would anyone want to change their username? Now that really will sort the "genuine" swingers out lol we want to change our username as we no longer firsttimers better leave now as we must not bbe genuine swingers but will buy the swinging rule book to check the do's and donts lol"

And as stated several times before in various threads, we wanted to change our name as WayneC sounds like it's a single male profile, imo.

W

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well Well Well!

well, he gets it,

As per usual a new OP comes along, the old clan/clique/gang read it wrong (imo), all stand together and shoot down the OP, we see this time and time again, Fun4 is a very decent, genuine, sorted, great, considerate, lovely guy, yes his profile can come across a bit showy offy but at least he shows off alone and not in a 'gang' on a forum.

The only thing that makes this site poor is the 'clique' on here, it would seem some people believe because they have been around longer than others then it is their site, or they deserve a badge because they were here before others, so woopy woo you found the site before others or you turned to swinging before others, get over yourselves, perlease.

imo What Fun4 was getting at was for those genuine enough and those considerate enough to realise a lot of money and time goes into these sites then an OPTION to pay £2.50 is not a lot, I did not take it that he was saying if you don't then you are not genuine, maybe if/when he becomes a prolific poster he will be able to express his opinion.

Until then, WELCOME TO THE FORUM FUN4, do stay and enjoy yourself, not everyone here opposes the new guys opinion, or tries to tear it to shreds.

W "

thats very true shagarooney and we are new also but the bit we did not agree with was saying who the fuck would want to change their username saying they were not gen hence what u 2 have just done xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well Well Well!

well, he gets it,

W thats very true shagarooney and we are new also but the bit we did not agree with was saying who the fuck would want to change their username saying they were not gen hence what u 2 have just done xxx"

Ah, that was Chish further down the thread, not the OP, I could see his point though that non genuine people may want to change their username to trick people they are somebody else, but like you and us some genuine people have a reason to change, I'm sure he will agree with us when he sees our reasoning.

W

Reply privately

By *scariMan
over a year ago

Taunton

"Well Well Well!

well, he gets it,

W "

Absolutely brilliant post!!!

And never a truer word spoken!

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Well Well Well!

well, he gets it,

W "

I personally do not know who your kicking off against here. If you make a post and its your opinion,then its open to further comment as long as its

done without being insulting .

All i have personally done is try to answer the original posters point about who could not afford £2-50 per month.

I have not even looked at the OP's profile and do not care if its showy flashy or what .His opinion is as valid as anyone elses and has a right to be heard.

However people also have the right to comment on his opinions or seek clarification ..it dsoes not mean he is threatened or belittled ...just asked to clarify to continue a debate .

On your point of cliques ...yeah you get people who gravitate to each other because opinions are similar,but since the new site opened and we eliminated the fantasy rankings which appeared on the old site .that rank to time spent on here thing is hopefully gone for ever .

I may not agree with the Op's opinions ..but i acknowledge his views are as worthy as mine or anyones.

i hope he continues to post, more often, as without people posting the forums may as well not exist .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not kicking off, just responding in a similar fashion to some.

Read back at the posts, some irony or even hypocrisy is laughable, if they was not part of the little set up of frequent posters that got to know each other a little some of the things they say/have said would be tore to shreds, that's my point, give a noobie a chance to settle to get to know their ways.

People complain there are few genuine single males then when one posts he gets it.

I've seen it, I've experienced it, I don't particularly care, but feel it would be better if people were more accepting of others.

W

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Not kicking off, just responding in a similar fashion to some.

Read back at the posts, some irony or even hypocrisy is laughable, if they was not part of the little set up of frequent posters that got to know each other a little some of the things they say/have said would be tore to shreds, that's my point, give a noobie a chance to settle to get to know their ways.

People complain there are few genuine single males then when one posts he gets it.

I've seen it, I've experienced it, I don't particularly care, but feel it would be better if people were more accepting of others.

W "

I agree, especially your last sentance.

Back to the topic though, for us, if people want to pay to get extra's then it is up to them, we won't think anyone is more genuine than any other person.

We will just think they did it for the same reason as us, to get all the extra's plus 4 cams to dock in chat.

Reply privately

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

His thoughts were always going to be contentious as by implication he appeared to advocate genuine people will pay and that by implication anyone that doesnt is in some way not genuine ...he went on to "appear" to support that original point of view in his second response.

Its natural people with countering views would react to give a counterpoint.

It does not exclude him from further posts or debate its just his opinion the same way others are entitled to express theirs surely ?

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

I've known fun4u for many many years and believe me, he is NO newbie.

He's a lovely guy, a very genuine SINGLE male who will travel the breath of the country and not let anyone down.

However, it has to be said, this was not one of his better posts.

We are all guilty at some point of posting a thread that comes across as harsh, picky, cliquey and risky and mostly these threads/posts are actually well intentioned.

I am sure Fun4u never meant to infer that anyone who doesn't pay isn't genuine..........but to be honest, I can see his point of view (however badly put). You will always have a high percentage of time wasters/knob wobblers who will influx a FREE site.

Make someone pay and they will think twice about whether the site is for them or whether they are likely to get their monies worth.

You will never stop non-genuine swingers haunting a swinging site, the same as you will never stop marrieds haunting a dating site. The world is a funny old place and peoples morals and ethics will always differ.

I've been very guilty in the past of writing a post/thread that has bene misconstrude and of reading threads/posts that I personally have misconstrude.

We are all human, it happens.

There may be a clique on this forum but at the end of the day, the clique does not have preference over the forums and nor does it seek to exclude people. All it does, at the end of the day, is rally with each other against idiotic, whinging, whining, abusive, numptyish behaviour. Those that seek to become forumites are welcomed providing they don't start their threads with twatish behaviour, lies, deceit and idiocy.

That may be wrong, but it goes for every forum, on every site, in every situation.

The same could be said for the chat rooms. They are as cliquey as they come and I know people have tried to get in and the clique rally AGAINST them for no reason other than they don't want new chatroom users joining.

That also is wrong.

At the end of the day...... if someone wants a medal, wants to pay a fee and wants the extra's, then that is their perogative. If they don't then again, that is up to them.

I can afford it, maybe I should have it, but I personally don't see any use for it. Therefore, I won't be taking FAB up on their offer.

Yet I am genuine...... something Fun4u can verify.

Each to their own I say, leave the bloke alone, it was just a view point, badly written.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well Well Well!

well, he gets it,

W "

I was certain irony would rear it's head eventually

From the OP's opening post

"and not only that it kinda helps to see who are the really genuine people ..... i mean - who can't afford £2.50 a month if they are genuine too eh"

so you are correct when you say "What we have here is failure to communicate" you just forgot to add "with a little forethought and common sense"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well to be honest peeps ..... i was obviously flattering people with too much intelligence maybe ??

I NEVER inferrred than anyone who didn't want extra's was going to be disgenous ...... it was only meant as an indicator - i find most fake profiles will NEVER pay as a rule, and these kind of sites and related sites ALWAYS attract those kind of people - its just a fact of life !!

As Maddie said ...... i am FAR from being a newbie and have in fact been fundermental in helping to establish some sites. I have been a member of fab from pretty early on and it has given me a HUGE amount of FREE fun ...... so excuse my loyalty for being happy to contribute to the continued success of the site. I personally believe the extra's to be of merit and worth the £2.50 a month and i don't view it as blantant profiteering ...... the site has been continually improved and no more so than in the last few weeks and displays the new owners committment to fab. I can't say with and conviction that the money generated by the extra's will go directlty back into improving the site - i just hope it will !!

Fab was a free site made for swingers BY swingers and it remains a free site so nothing has changed....... maybe some people should just stop lambasting a bit of site support and stop taking things so seriously and literally!! Its about having fun at the end of the day without judgement and politics.

I have seen so many sites go to the dogs when they change hands and get taken over by the big hitters, but fab aren't kicking the arse out of anything here ...... you STILL get the site as ever for free and you can opt to take the extra's for a very small fee ..... they DON'T even tie you into a membership fee or ongoing arrangement.

Anyway - i hope that clears things up a tad ........ and can we PLEASE get back to having some fun FFS !! lol xxx

Oh ...... and BTW - thanks for the people's comments who actually know me and the person i am too. Mwah xxx

Fun4 xxxx

Reply privately

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

This thread has prob run its course so closing on a positive

Any more feedback on the site supporter stuff welcome either in feedback forum or use contact us link.

Reply privately