Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental health check in - Saturday

Jump to newest

By *aveE10 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

derry

How are you all doing folks ?

How is life ? Do you need to talk/scream or just need someone to listen ? Use this thread to vent and get it off your chest. My pm is open for people that want to chat privately

And please remember you are never alone, seek help

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

Had some ups and downs the past week or so, particularly with some jarring changes I wasn't prepared for, but right now things are really good! I had a wonderful evening meeting someone new I'd been chatting to, and my wife's new relationship has been adorable to see develop.

Gutted that I got distracted by forum posts and missed the midnight Duolingo cutoff, though. Thankfully I keep my streak freezes stocked.

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

How have *you* been doing, Dave? It's important to make sure you're looking after yourself, too, while you're doing it for everyone else.

By *aveE10 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

derry

"How have *you* been doing, Dave? It's important to make sure you're looking after yourself, too, while you're doing it for everyone else. "

I’ve been okay I guess, just the usual stresses and work shit but I’m all good thanks for checking in

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

I haven’t felt the happiness and playfulness that I feel right now for a very long time. Long may it continue.

By *ivpoolmanMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"How are you all doing folks ?

How is life ? Do you need to talk/scream or just need someone to listen ? Use this thread to vent and get it off your chest. My pm is open for people that want to chat privately

And please remember you are never alone, seek help "

I’m great OP.

Very considerate of you to put it out there for anyone who is feeling a bit under the weather

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Good.

Business is going well, I'm only letting positive people in my life so at the moment the sun is shining brightly

By *arkSovereignMan
12 weeks ago

Lancashire

"I haven’t felt the happiness and playfulness that I feel right now for a very long time. Long may it continue. "

Amen!

By *r TriomanMan
12 weeks ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Really very thoughtful of you OP, it's always great to know that there's someone to talk to who is happy to listen; my life is, as always, is pretty great but I know that this isn't the case for some folk, by starting this thread, I know you'll be providing a much needed life line for people that need it.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
12 weeks ago

kent

This is a difficult time of the year. A challenging anniversary on the horizon, which always provokes a lot of difficult memories. I don’t really know if I’ve properly accepted what happened, and whether those events are truly in the past. For the most part I don’t dwell, but this time of year always brings it all back. It makes me quiet, insular, demotivated. It affects my sleep - which is why I’m here typing this instead of in bed. This year I’m trying to be a little more open about it, but I don’t know if it’s helping. Anyway, how are you OP? x

12 weeks ago

After an abrupt unmatch on hinge I was pretty down on the whole online dating/ dying alone/ still being single scenario.

Like she made the first move, wanted a dad bod guy and shared interests, so disappointed she just unmatched with no word/reason, literally mid way through responding to her voice note. Online dating is brutal.

But having spent time with friends and family I’m feeling positive about life again.

That peace of self sufficiency and being ‘my own man’ shouldn’t be lightly surrendered for an ill fitting match, equally though I’m open to date.

So positive I guess

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Upward trajectory. I've created a brilliant opportunity for myself and am feeling brutal imposter syndrome. I think it'll pass.

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Upward trajectory. I've created a brilliant opportunity for myself and am feeling brutal imposter syndrome. I think it'll pass."

Not sure if this will help or not, but any time you feel brutal impostor syndrome, just try to remind yourself that somewhere out there is a mediocre guy with half your talent in whatever it is you do who is loudly proclaiming himself an unassailable expert in it.

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Upward trajectory. I've created a brilliant opportunity for myself and am feeling brutal imposter syndrome. I think it'll pass.

Not sure if this will help or not, but any time you feel brutal impostor syndrome, just try to remind yourself that somewhere out there is a mediocre guy with half your talent in whatever it is you do who is loudly proclaiming himself an unassailable expert in it."

I say "may God grant me the confidence of a mediocre white man" several times a day

Thank you

By *had_ThunderCockMan
12 weeks ago

Sydney University Wank Bank

Actually, tonight, fierce & rarely unforgiving.

I think I’ve broken the back of a few things in the last few days that I’ve been struggling with; people, poor behaviour’s and disingenuousness.

Of late made a few hard calls for me, and everyone paid off.

So ascending, still trying to rebuild damaged confidence … but its the people who keep trying to knock it down. But they’re gone now… doors closed.

Yay

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Actually, tonight, fierce & rarely unforgiving.

I think I’ve broken the back of a few things in the last few days that I’ve been struggling with; people, poor behaviour’s and disingenuousness.

Of late made a few hard calls for me, and everyone paid off.

So ascending, still trying to rebuild damaged confidence … but its the people who keep trying to knock it down. But they’re gone now… doors closed.

Yay

"

You're not allowed to have damaged confidence; you're Chad. Fuckin'. Thundercock. If you're not brimming with unearned confidence, there's no hope for any of us.

By *idssissyTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Birmingham

Wishing had the ability and nerve to obliterate myself and forget the world for a while (or ever) but have people who want me around, so we put one foot in front of the other and go again.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
12 weeks ago

Norwich

"Wishing had the ability and nerve to obliterate myself and forget the world for a while (or ever) but have people who want me around, so we put one foot in front of the other and go again. "

Keep going - that’s the important thing

By *tephanjMan
12 weeks ago

Kettering

I have had a stressful week, it's mostly due to my job. I have been told that I am being TUPE to an outside company. I have been with my current employer for nearly 16yrs and they decided to outsource their security. I have been bombarded by the new company with forms to fill in and provide all sorts of info. I told the new company I don't do extra hours. But they didn't listen and booked me on course on my days off.(Grrrrrr)

By *asuallyChilledMan
12 weeks ago

Drogheda

The last week was really bad. My BPD was killing me. Other issues mostly behaved. Struggling with some stuff in my personal life. Need to find something to do today.

By *aytime78Man
12 weeks ago

west midlands

keep punching brother we got this

By *oodguy71pMan
12 weeks ago

Wantage

What a lovely thoughtful Topic and thread, it can be easy to get wrapped up in you're own personal issues so it's refreshing to see you're not the only one and that there are people in the same boat looking out for one another, thank you all. I'll share my shit when I'm ready, I just wanted to say Thanks, peace n love x

By *aveE10 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

derry

Sorry folks I went to bed early last night and just slept like a baby, I was drained

To everyone that’s commented and spoke yous are brave and I’m proud of yous keep your heads up and remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE

I’m going to start a new thread like this every few days I think

By *ansoffateMan
12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I do love to see this, people sharing what's going on for them openly.

It's been a mixed bag for me, some wonderful things happening and some painful external stressors. So there's a lot of ambivalence for me right now. Some frustration and feelings of powerlessness that some issues can't be resolved any time soon. It feels like a boulder is chained to me, at times.

Sometimes I chisel away at it, other times I try to accept it and live with it. Neither approach seems satisfactory for long. I have the Sisyphus feeling of futility as a permeating undertone. And yet I cannot step-away. I am bound to it by the same links of love that bring me joy.

What's the captain's dirt doing in my yard Luke?

By *midnight-Woman
12 weeks ago

Starting to rise again, still dealing with lots of change at work and of course my beloved cat who is at end of life and the emotional daily yo-yo that brings... But i feel in a better place than this time last week. I'll be radiating again soon

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
12 weeks ago

Southampton

"Starting to rise again, still dealing with lots of change at work and of course my beloved cat who is at end of life and the emotional daily yo-yo that brings... But i feel in a better place than this time last week. I'll be radiating again soon "

Hugs xx

12 weeks ago

Southampton

Been a bit all over the place this wee bit

By *entleswinger69Man
12 weeks ago

Plymouth

In need of a good listener x

12 weeks ago

Southampton

"In need of a good listener x"

My inbox is open xx

By *mber SkiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"Starting to rise again, still dealing with lots of change at work and of course my beloved cat who is at end of life and the emotional daily yo-yo that brings... But i feel in a better place than this time last week. I'll be radiating again soon "
Awww sorry to hear about your cat midnight there’s nothing worse

By *lue Eyed JokerMan
12 weeks ago

Always on the move

The horrors persist, but so do I. That's how I'd sum it up for myself

12 weeks ago

If I sat and thought about things I'd probably just cry.

At the moment I just deal with the little things.

Seems to work.

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"If I sat and thought about things I'd probably just cry.

Seems to work."

No shame in crying. We all cope differently

By *midnight-Woman
12 weeks ago

Seems to work."

Focus one day at a time and if that is too much, one hour at a time xx

You are always welcome in my dm x

By *ornyCEngMan
12 weeks ago

Bury

Just trying to cope with the loneliness with distractions

By *scaMan
12 weeks ago

Herts / London / Beyond

Seems to work."

Hang in there.

Sometimes it is darkest just before the dawn.

Like others have said, here if you need a shoulder. We will catch you if you fall. Keep going!

By *rimal InstinctCouple
12 weeks ago

Carlisle

I have an anniversary or two coming up in a few days and then next month. One I couldn't help, one I feel so so so angry/guilty and horrified about.

Everything at the moment is topsy turvy and I don't know whether I coming or going. I have so much to vent, yet it seems as if I'm still going through a process and haven't got to the letting go stage of any of it. I feel as if should be getting over things and I feel like Im boring people now with all the multitude of stuff that's going on.

I just feel so tired and so upset and I can't shake out of it.

By *entish_HeathenMan
12 weeks ago

Chatham

Proper down today, could do with some cheering up.

By *mber SkiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

My mental health is much better now that I have got rid of nasty toxic people out of my life i don’t need anyone who is constantly spiteful to me & watch me struggle I do wonder if they even liked me so F u mother I had enough

By *or-QueeningMan
12 weeks ago

Manchester

Seems to work."

Sorry to read this. Small wins can add up though so dealing with the little things is still worthwhile.

By *ixiePoisonWoman
12 weeks ago

Darlington

My Aunt passed yesterday, not having a great weekend, worried about my mum.

By *ngel-ishandtheswingersCouple
12 weeks ago

Colchester

"My Aunt passed yesterday, not having a great weekend, worried about my mum. "

Sorry for your loss x

By *ngel-ishandtheswingersCouple
12 weeks ago

Colchester

Seems to be a few people that are a bit low.

I'm hoping mine is temporary and just a bit of a comedown after some real highs

I am very fortunate to have no real bad experiences and some great people around me to unload to.

Best wishes to anyone struggling and thanks to everyone who sends encouraging words to us x

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

Finaly got a formal diagnosis for ADHD and mild Autism.

Been prescribed ritalin and it has made a big difference. Depression and anxiety are much lower and I can focus better.

The split from my wife hit me hard and I was hoping we would get back together. However we are now great friends and agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea and doing want is best for our daughter.

So I have accepted it.

So time to rebuild, 1 step 1 punch

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Proper down today, could do with some cheering up."

Feel free to message me if you need to talk about anything that's on your mind.

By *or-QueeningMan
12 weeks ago

Manchester

"Finaly got a formal diagnosis for ADHD and mild Autism.

Been prescribed ritalin and it has made a big difference. Depression and anxiety are much lower and I can focus better.

The split from my wife hit me hard and I was hoping we would get back together. However we are now great friends and agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea and doing want is best for our daughter.

So I have accepted it.

So time to rebuild, 1 step 1 punch "

Although that's not a good situation, it sounds like you are making the best of it and are putting your daughter first. Well done, and I hope your acceptance of the situation leads to a place of peace.

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

So I have accepted it.

So time to rebuild, 1 step 1 punch "

Congratulations (if that's how you're feeling) about your diagnosis. If you're feeling a bit knocked around by it, I hope you have a safe journey to feeling a bit more stable.

I came across a video (That Autism Guy - 20 Tips for Managing Life after a Late Autism Diagnosis) which might be useful. I can't link it because the tail of the Youtube link contains a forbidden word, so go figure

This creator has AuDHD - I don't have ADHD so I don't watch that stuff, but it might be useful https://www.youtube.com/@YoSamdySam

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

So I have accepted it.

Although that's not a good situation, it sounds like you are making the best of it and are putting your daughter first. Well done, and I hope your acceptance of the situation leads to a place of peace."

Thanks also living on my own wasn't doing me any good. My lodger moved out when his tennecy was over and couldn't face advertising and interviewing people. In a twist of fate and old friend from a house share years ago got in contact needing a room. So hes moving in next week so that will help.

By *mber and FireCouple
12 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

Rapidly approaching the stage of selling everything, and fucking getting ourself stranded on a sunny, deserted island. There are so many complications and distractions to easy (easier said than done, at least) solutions, that it then turns to frustration.

Ever seen the Matrix Reloaded, where Neo is in the room with the Architect and there are hundreds of screens with Neo shouting and arguing? Yep, that's my head.

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

So I have accepted it.

Congratulations (if that's how you're feeling) about your diagnosis. If you're feeling a bit knocked around by it, I hope you have a safe journey to feeling a bit more stable.

I came across a video (That Autism Guy - 20 Tips for Managing Life after a Late Autism Diagnosis) which might be useful. I can't link it because the tail of the Youtube link contains a forbidden word, so go figure

This creator has AuDHD - I don't have ADHD so I don't watch that stuff, but it might be useful https://www.youtube.com/@YoSamdySam"

I have had ADHD since birth and always known it. You won't get much help on the NHS and a GP can't prescribe ritalin. So paid to go private (Harley street) and they were great.

GPs were just shoving sentraline etc at me which doesn't treat the root cause. ADHD is lack of the brain producing dompamine so hits that receptor not the serotonin one

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

So I have accepted it.

This creator has AuDHD - I don't have ADHD so I don't watch that stuff, but it might be useful https://www.youtube.com/@YoSamdySam

I have had ADHD since birth and always known it. You won't get much help on the NHS and a GP can't prescribe ritalin. So paid to go private (Harley street) and they were great.

GPs were just shoving sentraline etc at me which doesn't treat the root cause. ADHD is lack of the brain producing dompamine so hits that receptor not the serotonin one"

Yeah. I know the basic mechanism. I'm just not ADHD myself (AuDHD is when you have the dual diagnosis). Was diagnosed with autism in 2019 and was just kind of left to figure it out for myself. I don't even know what I'd need, but it's a bit shit. Apparently I'm a vulnerable adult, eligible in principle for adult social services, but also there's nothing anyone can do for me. Which is... bizarre

By *hawn ScottMan
12 weeks ago

london Brixton

So I have accepted it.

GPs were just shoving sentraline etc at me which doesn't treat the root cause. ADHD is lack of the brain producing dompamine so hits that receptor not the serotonin one

Yeah. I know the basic mechanism. I'm just not ADHD myself (AuDHD is when you have the dual diagnosis). Was diagnosed with autism in 2019 and was just kind of left to figure it out for myself. I don't even know what I'd need, but it's a bit shit. Apparently I'm a vulnerable adult, eligible in principle for adult social services, but also there's nothing anyone can do for me. Which is... bizarre "

Sorry to hear that, my autism was mild so yeah they aren't treating that. My ADHD was level 5. I was able to mask it for years but it got worse as I got older and the last year had so much trauma that I had "ADHD" shutdown.

When I was at school it wasn't a thing but there is no point dwelling what could have been. Its does have its advantages I excelled in IT from a young age and was all I was interested in. I done well in my Jobs as if there was an IT problem I could kind of "sense" whjat was wrong and fix it. Some people called me Rain Man as I could solve mathmatical puzzles my head instantly, add up, work out percentages in my head. Sorry ranting its the meds

By *entish_HeathenMan
12 weeks ago

Chatham

"Proper down today, could do with some cheering up.

Feel free to message me if you need to talk about anything that's on your mind."

I tried but couldn't due to restrictions, but I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

By *inkyguy93Man
12 weeks ago

Falkirk

Not been to good recently. Work and constant rejection has me down.

By *honeHere123Man
12 weeks ago

Worcester

Tough at the moment - work is very challenging and home life is a struggle with so many plates spinning. Plates I absolutely adore but plates never the less!

By *aveE10 OP   Man
11 weeks ago

derry

Folks from reading that I see a lot of yous are feeling down, my heart goes out to yous and please remember THAT ITS ONLY TEMPORARY AND THINGS WILL GET BETTER

Again if anyone is really struggling reach out to someone (my inbox is always open) if that’s not your thing call the free Samaritans helpline on 116 123

Keep your heads all up guys and girls and remember

You are loved

Post new Message to Thread