Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sneaking food

Jump to newest

By *vd061987 OP   Man
24 weeks ago

cardiff

How many of you sneak food (thinking more something sweet/junk food) when your other half or family are out.

My very first girlfriend was very strict so wasn't ever much sweet food in the house so whenever she was out id run to the shop to get something unhealthy to eat quick before she got home.

How many do something similar? Could be cake, chocolate, biscuits anything etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imply DeeWoman
24 weeks ago

Wherever

Erm no. I’m an adult.

By *sWyldWoman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Not exactly. I have hidden the ice cream in the freezer that I want for myself so that my sons won't have it

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

If I had to hide my eating habits from a partner I'd worry.

Eating isn't a crime.

By *ottodot123Couple
24 weeks ago

Gillingham

Your first girlfriend sounds like a meanie.

Do you feel you have to continue this behaviour now ? If so it could be a symptom of binge eating disorder.

By *2000ManMan
24 weeks ago

Worthing

I keep to 3 meals a day. They are all decent so no need to snack.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

i used to travel to work with a guy who's wife wouldn't allow him to eat chocolate bars at home, on the whole hour journey in he would binge eat chocolate, twix, mars, bounties, topic, everything - it was so funny

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Stockport

I keep to 3 meals a day. And 27 snacks. Between each meal.

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

At the risk of sounding naive.... Is restricting food from a loved one actually even a thing?

Sounds controlling with a side dish of abuse

Mrs

By *ools and the brainCouple
24 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Ohhh a midnight snack under the duvet with a torch.

Cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer.

By *vd061987 OP   Man
24 weeks ago

cardiff

Lol well it was my first proper girl friend so over 15 years ago haha

By *arlot o scaraWoman
24 weeks ago

Hell

When I was a kid. I’ve struggled with binge eating disorder ever since

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
24 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

This is why I’m happy being single

24 weeks ago

"At the risk of sounding naive.... Is restricting food from a loved one actually even a thing?

Mrs "

Chances are that she found the temptation to eat sweet things too strong if they are in the house.

I doubt it was any form of abuse!!

Its probably the same as keeping away from smokers when you're giving up, I doubt most would think that was being abusive.

By *an1978Woman
24 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I grew up poor, so wouldn't restrict food for my kids or partner.

I'm lucky they've grown up a healthy weight.

But I've plenty of friends, male and female who's partners comment on what they eat, so understand the sneaking food bit.

By *stwo2023Couple
24 weeks ago

Worcester

"Erm no. I’m an adult."

Congratulations on being an adult

Many adults have food related issues that no one talks about die to the risk of ridicule.

I have been a secret eater, having food in the car in the way to the thing I'm going to either because I think I won't be full on what we're going to be eating or to fill myself up so that I don't eat as much when I'm with people and get judged as the fat bird who eats everything.

I also have a massive issue with fairness and will eat huge portions of someone else is as it's not fair they get more food than me.

Evie

By *ularliWoman
24 weeks ago

worcester

I am a single woman so eat what I want, when I want.

I couldn’t be with someone that wanted to control me like that. It’s wrong and can cause alsorts of issues surrounding food

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

When I was a kid chocolate biscuits were a rarity. One Sunday morning while everyone else was asleep I went downstairs and brought about half a dozen back to bed. Also when we got our first freezer I used to eat spoonfuls of ice cream every time mum asked me to get something out .

It wasn't because I was denied food or it was restricted though

By *vd061987 OP   Man
24 weeks ago

cardiff

"At the risk of sounding naive.... Is restricting food from a loved one actually even a thing?

Mrs

Chances are that she found the temptation to eat sweet things too strong if they are in the house.

Its probably the same as keeping away from smokers when you're giving up, I doubt most would think that was being abusive."

That's exactly what it was! Anything junk food she would just eat with no self control

By *yzykMan
24 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

I'm not a character from a 1950's comic so no... never stole a pie that was cooling on a window sill either

24 weeks ago

Mrs

Its probably the same as keeping away from smokers when you're giving up, I doubt most would think that was being abusive."

Or..... it could be what I said.

Who knows!!!!!

By *ealMissShadyWoman
24 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Mrs

Its probably the same as keeping away from smokers when you're giving up, I doubt most would think that was being abusive.

That's exactly what it was! Anything junk food she would just eat with no self control"

I am the other way, I buy it but don't eat it, I do think I have food issues for reasons I'm not prepared to go into but I do hoard the sweet stuff, don't actually eat it, then once a month I offload it onto work or the kids before starting again.

By *aTina HeadTurnerWoman
24 weeks ago

Newham

"Erm no. I’m an adult.

Congratulations on being an adult

Many adults have food related issues that no one talks about die to the risk of ridicule.

I have been a secret eater, having food in the car in the way to the thing I'm going to either because I think I won't be full on what we're going to be eating or to fill myself up so that I don't eat as much when I'm with people and get judged as the fat bird who eats everything.

I also have a massive issue with fairness and will eat huge portions of someone else is as it's not fair they get more food than me.

Evie "

Being an adult often means recognising that there’s a problem and being able to make responsible decisions about your choices.

To anyone who struggles with ED, help is widely available on NHS and numerous charities.

This is non judgmental comment and comes from someone who has been battling ED since early childhood.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
24 weeks ago

Reading

Is a habit built in my childhood that i still havent totally broken

Post new Message to Thread