Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disappointment

Jump to newest

By *ulieAndBeef OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

So yesterday I was going on a solo adventure to Xstasia. Outfit all planned with a nod to the Alice in Wonderland theme. Case packed. Room booked. Spent the day in a state of nervouscitement (it's a word).

20 minutes away an 'Engine Failure Warning' light comes on. Roadside technician can't fix it. End up being towed home and get back 5 hours after I left having had nothing more than a scenic tour of the M6.

To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly. An expensive car problem on top of recent life crap feels reet poopy when I was hoping for a night of letting my hair down.

So fabbers, how do you deal with disappointment?

J

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

Oh Julie that's really rather wank, I'm sorry, sending you hugs.

Minor disappointments I'm firmly in the category of saying *uck it now. Bigger ones? Well, I sit with my disappointment and dial up the self care and remind myself it's not the end of the world.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

Arw J that's rubbish, I was going to ask how your night went too!

I'm not good with handling disappointment so I won't give tips on that, just get yourself booked for another night and let your hair down.

Mrs

By *heGateKeeperMan
24 weeks ago

Stratford

I’m quite resilient, level headed and strategic and my emotional state doesn’t fluctuate much.

That situation you explained would cause immense frustration and disappointment though.

How did you handle/deal with it J?

By *oeBeansMan
24 weeks ago

Derby

Well that was a kick to nuts, I'm sorry that happened and I'd have been rather miffed

I deal with it by overthinking and wondering about the scenarios that could've happened had I not been disappointed like any rational and healthy human being does

By *or-QueeningMan
24 weeks ago

Manchester

That's shitty. I hope you manage to arrange an alternative adventure for yourself soon.

I probably go for the comfort stuff - foods, TV shows and films, records, etc. All the stuff that I can go back to when things go wrong and I have to process disappointment.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

Oh Julie

That absolutely sucks

I can offer you a virtual hug xxx

By *cotsguyyMan
24 weeks ago

Belfast

Awwwww, really sorry to hear that, J. That bites.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise ? It's a sliding doors moment, isn't it? I tend to convince myself these things happen for a reason and if it didn't something bad was going to happen at the event I missed.

By *ilthycoupleabzCouple
24 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Oh that is crappy.

I'd probably make a cake so I could take my annoyance out beating batter.

Then go for a stompy walk.

Then eat the cake.

Big hugs to you. Hope today is much better

MrsAbz

By *urry BlokeMan
24 weeks ago

I wait for the next one to come along to cancel this one out

Seriously though...

Life can deal some crappy unforeseen deals

Sometimes we can feel that we're stuck in an tumble dryer full of issues

I single them out, deal with what I can (and am able to) deal with there and then and shelve the rest for later

As long as there are more ups than downs, more happiness than sadness, more laughs than cries then, to me, you're on the right track x

By *obilebottomMan
24 weeks ago

All over

Goodness me Julie. So sorry to hear. I recently had a car failure o the motorway that toik few hours but was only going to a boring work meeting. So disappointing for you esoecially as a bit of an escape from life stuff. Don't let it get you down and try again soon x.

Ps, just matched you with someone nice on the match thread

By *viatrixWoman
24 weeks ago

Redhill

Aw, saw your status yesterday and it looked like it was shaping up to be a great weekend!

Be kind to yourself today. We all deal with disappointment differently. I used to wear my heart on my sleeve- I was taking hubby to a safari in South Africa last year, flight was cancelled just before takeoff- I thought I was going to pass out, honestly. I felt like wailing there and them but obviously couldn’t, haha.

Since then, I’ve kept my expectations low and always tell myself that anything could happen. I think the “it is what it is” mantra a lot… so it keeps my feelings, and my reactions to them which can be very impulsive in check…

Spoil yourself today and plan another club weekend soon! x

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

I cry. And I talk to my partners who usually ground me.

24 weeks ago

Sorry about this by the way Julie. Hugs. X

By *sWyldWoman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully the car will be sorted soon and you get another chance to go.

When it comes to disappointment, I usually become a bit of a moody cow, I'm pretty resilient though because I've had to be so I snap out of it and force myself to move on

By *ife NinjaMan
24 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Use rage. Burn the car

24 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

In the grand scheme of things it's nothing really is it? I'm safe, the car is fixable. I think I'm a victim of my own excitement and expectations. But I'm in the Joe Beans school of dealing at the moment

Profile pic is the outfit seeing as Xstasia didn't get to see it. You'll have to imagine the fishnets and Docs embroidered with roses (Queen of hearts style)

Inbox dude - if I was still horny I'm definitely not now.

J

By *obilebottomMan
24 weeks ago

All over

"In the grand scheme of things it's nothing really is it? I'm safe, the car is fixable. I think I'm a victim of my own excitement and expectations. But I'm in the Joe Beans school of dealing at the moment

Profile pic is the outfit seeing as Xstasia didn't get to see it. You'll have to imagine the fishnets and Docs embroidered with roses (Queen of hearts style)

J"

Very nice pic Julie. Hopefully you wear it soon again x

24 weeks ago

Sorry your night was ruined

Um, not well. It’s probably best people give me a wide berth until I’ve got over it.

By *viatrixWoman
24 weeks ago

Redhill

Outfit rocks!

But do we not get a peek of the bootsies?

24 weeks ago

OP I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune as you've explained it. Not at all nice to hear anyone suffering unpleasantness at any time. Unfortunately, shit happens and we can but try our best to simply deal with it the best we can. It's not nice but it's happened and we can't turn back time to change anything so we just take it on the chin and move on.

Don't allow this episode of bad luck to play on your mind. Look forward to planning your next outing is best way.

24 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"Outfit rocks!

But do we not get a peek of the bootsies? "

I didn't try everything together. I was planning to get a photo on the hotel room. But they're on 9th June 2023. I love those boots!

J

24 weeks ago

"Outfit rocks!

But do we not get a peek of the bootsies? "

Boobies*

I agree

By *oeBeansMan
24 weeks ago

Derby

"In the grand scheme of things it's nothing really is it? I'm safe, the car is fixable. I think I'm a victim of my own excitement and expectations. But I'm in the Joe Beans school of dealing at the moment

J"

Awww Julie, the outfit looks great! I'm sure you feel a bit of FOMO now but there will be other events and with time, it'll pass. Enjoy your Sunday!

By *rHotNottsMan
24 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I tend to cope ok, I got my car stuck in a flooded river bank on a fab date once, RAC even refused to help but managed to get towed back to nottingham hired a car and had a really nice weekend still.

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

Jülië — I'm really sorry to hear this dårling. Your car may have let you down but I'm most certain that your outfit redeemed you in your usual resplendence!

By *ealMissShadyWoman
24 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Ugh, get planning the next adventure.

Hope the car gets sorted with little fuss and expense

My day today will be spent chasing up the kid who crashed into my car at work and drove away thinking he could get away with it

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"So yesterday I was going on a solo adventure to Xstasia. Outfit all planned with a nod to the Alice in Wonderland theme. Case packed. Room booked. Spent the day in a state of nervouscitement (it's a word).

20 minutes away an 'Engine Failure Warning' light comes on. Roadside technician can't fix it. End up being towed home and get back 5 hours after I left having had nothing more than a scenic tour of the M6.

To say I am disappointed is putting it mildly. An expensive car problem on top of recent life crap feels reet poopy when I was hoping for a night of letting my hair down.

So fabbers, how do you deal with disappointment?

J"

Damn that does sound rediculously bad luck, sorry your night was spoiled

By *avexxMan
24 weeks ago

cheshire

sorry to hear that julie sending big big hugs,,,,

By *ou only live onceMan
24 weeks ago

London

Oh that's really rubbish. I'm sorry.

I'd probably have had a Gregg's. Not a huge comfort eater, but I do like a "fuck it, I deserve this" steak bake.

By *ixenandhoundCouple
24 weeks ago

Plymouth, South west

That's really crappy, dam cars!

I get over the disappointment by planning my next adventure and planning for it to be doubley good... get booking your next night out

By *entlemanFoxMan
24 weeks ago

North East / London

J,

I feel your pain.

Had a total engine failure once. By an absolute miracle the vehicle behind me was an AA van, who towed me to the nearest dealer.

Told them to fix it. Hired a car and went on to my event.

By *edeWoman
24 weeks ago

the abyss

I would send my friends filth Julie, that's what I'd do. Because I know they'd enjoy it and their enjoyment of my exhibition would make me feel a little better....

Yep that's definitely what I'd do

24 weeks ago

Dust yourself off and start again x

By *aizyWoman
24 weeks ago

west midlands

Sorry that happened Julie, hope you get another chance to go again.

I sulk, I love a good sulk for an hour or 2, then I'm fine again!

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Disappointment, posted on FAB?

If it involves towels, candles, and potentially complex family relationships - I'd wear a helmet and flak jacket.

Otherwise, I'd feel a bit peeved for about 20 minutes.

24 weeks ago

Ah that's utter rubbish!!

Disappointment relating to fab things? I'd hide/delete my profile or go the opposite and post more provocative pics and make more steamier plans and think fuck you!

Disappointment in life? Cry a little and eat crap, drink rum.

Repeat until I feel better.

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

Well that's annoying, Julie.

Hopefully you took your frustrations out on Beef

Post new Message to Thread