Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Socials

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
26 weeks ago

Hi all!

Wondering if we are one of the few couples in here, that genuinely enjoy a good social before anything else.

Fully understood time is precious and people understandably want to play! But for us, we like a social meet with a flirt and then see if anything there for more. Wondering if this approach is not the norm and as such, we should temper our expectations with it.

No hate to people that don’t enjoy socials - just genuinely curious, as we often struggle to find these meets if we post!

Have fun and stay safe all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *layfullsamMan
26 weeks ago

Solihull

Not a couple but I would definitely enjoy a good social prior to any shenanigans

By *ixenandhoundCouple
26 weeks ago

Plymouth, South west

There are social areas in most clubs for chatting to people, getting to know each other a bit more if that might work for you? Or attending socials, many of them are just that, no play, just meeting like minded people xx

By *inkyycurvyyWoman
26 weeks ago

Manchester

If it's a private meet I always have a social somewhere public first, I'd never just agree to play with someone without having met!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

We always have a social *only* first, no exceptions. I don't know if it's the norm for all but it's the norm for us and that's all that matters.

Don't temper your expectations, if people want something different it just means you're not compatible

By *parkle1974Woman
26 weeks ago

Leeds

I will never meet anyone sexually without having a social meet first. If all goes well then sex will be on the cards from the second meet.

26 weeks ago

"We always have a social *only* first, no exceptions. I don't know if it's the norm for all but it's the norm for us and that's all that matters.

Don't temper your expectations, if people want something different it just means you're not compatible "

Very wise words! Thank you x

By *as7643Man
26 weeks ago

staffs

For me Social first, there needs to be that connection and attraction second meet means you want it to go places

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

26 weeks ago

East Sussex

"We always have a social *only* first, no exceptions. I don't know if it's the norm for all but it's the norm for us and that's all that matters.

Don't temper your expectations, if people want something different it just means you're not compatible

Very wise words! Thank you x "

You're welcome

By *ealMissShadyWoman
26 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Not a couple but always a social initially, it may lead to flirting which is lovely, if nobody is feeling the vibe then nothing lost, no pressure or expectation

By *empest2KMan
26 weeks ago

Derby

I've been in a couple with my missus, and we always prefer meeting socially first with others — it's easier to gauge what people are like before committing to anything.

To be fair, even via my singles profile, I prefer a social first too. I like to know there's some initial chemistry, then take things from there, and it has worked well for me in recent years.

If meeting socially first is your thing before anything else, then good on you for sticking to your guns, OP!

26 weeks ago

"Not a couple but always a social initially, it may lead to flirting which is lovely, if nobody is feeling the vibe then nothing lost, no pressure or expectation "

Yes! This exactly. We always think, hopefully worst case, we’ve had a nice social / drink etc - nothing lost x

Post new Message to Thread