Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Emotional Affairs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
27 weeks ago

Are these a real thing or just some made up idea?

Would you class it as cheating?

Anyone like to share their experiences?

Purposely brief as to not constrict the topic…

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

27 weeks ago

East Sussex

Definitely cheating.

I don't have any experience of them though

By *sWyldWoman
27 weeks ago

Edinburgh

They are a thing and I wouldn't recommend.

By *ealMissShadyWoman
27 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

If you have to conceal from your partner then yes, it's cheating

By (user no longer on site)
27 weeks ago

I class it as cheating xx

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
27 weeks ago

wonderland.

"If you have to conceal from your partner then yes, it's cheating"

This.. it doesn't matter if its not physical. I actually would find naughty chat and photo exchange worse in many ways.

And if they had feelings... nope a million times worse than just getting horny and having sex

Luckily not something I have to worry about.

Cali

By *ornycougaWoman
27 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Yes I consider it to be cheating. I fell in love with a work colleague whilst still with my ex. Quite apart from the fact he worked for me, the flirting and intimacy of our conversations as well as the emotional connection we had definitely cross a line even tho we never so much as kissed. I felt that I had cheated on my ex whenever I went home after a night out with my colleague.

26 weeks ago

wonderland.

Was actually talking about this with a friend today. She's found out her partner has been talking to old play mates and that included in a sexual nature. She had assumed it was just as friends... I told her that I would find emotional cheating probably worse.

Neither Mr or myself chat sexually with former partners.. although maybe a little playful banter but difference is we both know. I'd not send photos to anyone off fab though unless in a group thing. And definitely would get upset If it was happening but we are open and honest about our chats.

And anything flirty will be somewhere we both can see like a group chat or on fab only x

By *andynecklaceWoman
26 weeks ago

West Brom

That's absolutely cheating

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
26 weeks ago

Leeds

Absolutely cheating, if you have to lie, hide evidence, deceive and go behind your loved ones back it's cheating.

Mrs

26 weeks ago

This is where it starts. Investing in someone on an emotional level is also investing in them as a person and a relationship deeper than sex. It's always the person you 'didn't have to worry about' or 'making things up in your head' that is the end game. The person they lean on is usually the person they end up in a relationship with next.

By *rcoupleCouple
26 weeks ago

Mid Glam

Cheating yes for sure.

No personal experience but have seen a Youtuber the Mr follows have his life kinda get messesed up as his partner had an emotional affair with somone hundreds of miles away (that she hadn't met in realmlife) and leave him at the drop of a hat.

By *midnight-Woman
26 weeks ago

I think sexual affairs are insignificant compared to emotional affairs.

By *issmorganWoman
26 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

They are real and yes cheating if its something that they're hiding from their partner.

I haven't had one or any experience of one though op.

By *cLovin2Man
26 weeks ago

Reading

This is news to me, an affair with no doggy style?

What is the world coming to

By *rHotNottsMan
26 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I met this girl a couple of years ago at the gym, she used to come back to mine for coffees and food with a few of us and offered to pick me up on the way to the gym.

I liked her so found her out Facebook through mutual friends, it said she was single , no photos of any guy on her posts, we started messaging , it went way to far before my friend told she was married and I confronted her.

She said we didn’t do anything wrong even though we’d talked many times about sex, sexual fantasies and me squeezing her into my case and taking her to Dubai. She’s also come round alone and let me massage her once stripping down to her underwear

She still insists she wasn’t unfaithful

By *a LunaWoman
26 weeks ago

South

If I was with a fella and I discovered he’d been chatting or texting another woman intimately, sexually, without my knowledge then yeah, best believe I’d react as though I was cheated on.

No need for it.

26 weeks ago

wonderland.

"If I was with a fella and I discovered he’d been chatting or texting another woman intimately, sexually, without my knowledge then yeah, best believe I’d react as though I was cheated on.

No need for it. "

this for me too... to be fair I'd not be happy with intimate or sex talk even if I knew. X

By *heGateKeeperMan
26 weeks ago

Stratford

Most certainly a thing

By *a LunaWoman
26 weeks ago

South

"If I was with a fella and I discovered he’d been chatting or texting another woman intimately, sexually, without my knowledge then yeah, best believe I’d react as though I was cheated on.

No need for it. this for me too... to be fair I'd not be happy with intimate or sex talk even if I knew. X "

Yeah, I’d not be happy with that either x

By * and R cple4Couple
26 weeks ago

swansea

As weird as this may seem I find emotional affairs worse, I would probably be able to forgive my husband if he just had no strings sex behind my back.

An emotional attachment to someone will be a lot harder to get over..

26 weeks ago

wonderland.

"As weird as this may seem I find emotional affairs worse, I would probably be able to forgive my husband if he just had no strings sex behind my back.

An emotional attachment to someone will be a lot harder to get over..

"

I get that totally....

Cali

By *uri00620Woman
26 weeks ago

Croydon

Random hook up for sex, I wouldn't fret too much. Investing time into someone else though, that would be much worse.

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
26 weeks ago

Cambs

"I think sexual affairs are insignificant compared to emotional affairs. "

I'd agree with this.

By *teveandrocMan
26 weeks ago

Southampton

Have been seeing the same girl since 2000. Some times she will bring a male friend but have been with the missis for 16 years. It works for me

26 weeks ago

They are real. Ex husband had emotional affairs with a few women .... last one he had a full blown affair with once I threw him out and her husband kicked her out when he found out. They now live together.

He used to tell me they were just best friends ..... and that justified putting her first over me.

It's wasn't the only reason I threw him out ... being a thunderous lying c**t generally was what did it

26 weeks ago

Cheating..not telling your partner you are fuccing someone else.

Never needed to cheat.

Ex husband did

Fab,has many cheaters. Each to their own but not my own

Post new Message to Thread