Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Phone calls.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How good are you at them? Can you chat on the phone for hours and completely lose track of time? I can!

Do prefer to call someone rather than message?

I love phonecalls. Hearing your friends voice, hearing the tones and expression in their voice is so much better than a message. Miles better!

As I grew up in times where messaging and social media didn't really exist I find phonecalls easy. But I've noticed the younger ones who are used to social media and messaging can be absolutely terrified of speaking over the phone.

Do you find that too?

And do you ever phone your mates and just chat?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What I find interesting is the use of the word "talk" nowadays. It's used to describe social media interaction as well as actual verbal talking.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Aye, I can jabber on the phone for hours

over a year ago

I'm not a very social person so I do prefer messaging. Although I like to ring family when I can - my mum especially as I love hearing her voice.

Some friends I prefer speaking on the phone as I find it easier to understand their sarcastic nature over the phone through the tone of their voice.

I hate contacting most clients at work. Some I don't mind chatting too but I avoid it where possible. Luckily I don't have to deal with many phone calls at work as most are via email I like those clients

F

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

In general? Terrible. The worst. Getting any kind of notification on my phone causes anxiety, never mind it actually ringing.

But. There are some people that it's okay with. I have a friend I often spend upwards of 2 hours on the phone to and it's not even remotely an issue. Someone I'm not already that comfortable with calling me probably is going straight to voicemail.

over a year ago

My family and friends I will absolutely chat away to on the phone.

People that I don't know well that thought fills me with dread, I just find it horribly awkward.

over a year ago

If I get a phone call I’ll watch it ring out then text them immediately after asking what they wanted . I hate talking on the phone.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I love phone calls but only if the other person is comfortable with them. There's something about being able to listen to another person more clearly, the happiness I feel in hearing their voice. Greater understanding in what they mean.

I'd even go so far as to say I prefer them to texts/messages. Generally.

over a year ago

"

How good are you at them? Can you chat on the phone for hours and completely lose track of time? I can!

I love phonecalls. Hearing your friends voice, hearing the tones and expression in their voice is so much better than a message. Miles better!

As I grew up in times where messaging and social media didn't really exist I find phonecalls easy. But I've noticed the younger ones who are used to social media and messaging can be absolutely terrified of speaking over the phone.

Do you find that too?

"

Yes I love to talk on phone I do at work sometimes forget the reason why I have called them call sisters daughters and grandsons near Liverpool can be on phone for hours and probably be on the phone tonight with few friends who went the match today

By *ixed MisterMan
over a year ago

London

My phone rings so much for work, that I end up not calling people and message instead. Then when I do call people I remember how much better/easier it is and then do it more, until the cycle begins again. I really should call people more.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Im on calls most of the day so sometimes a bit exhausted by evening but I do prefer it than messaging.

I also send voice notes (quite long ones), If I don’t feel like 2-way conversation. Recently started using dictation so everyone’s getting super long messages with loads of mistakes. But it’s so much easier than typing!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to be a big phone talker. Could talk for hours but since I've had WhatsApp most of my conversations take place on there. You can just pick them up through the night as an on going conversation

over a year ago

Phone calls? Yes.

Texting? Sure.

But I ask someone I’m texting if I can call regularly because it’s easier, I can say much more than I type.

I’m easy, either way.

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
over a year ago

Gourock

I prefer talking to messaging and have lost hours on a call at times.

I'm also the one who replies to a text message by just calling.

over a year ago

"Phone calls? Yes.

Texting? Sure.

But I ask someone I’m texting if I can call regularly because it’s easier, I can say much more than I type.

I’m easy, either way. "

over a year ago

Mostly I can message.

Just because it's easier for me than to talk.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I used to talk to lots of people on the phone, and if it was the right person could easily spend a couple hours or more just chatting away. These days I hardly ever speak to people on the phone. I barely even respond to messages anymore TBH.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

When I have met someone then talking on the phone is easy.

Otherwise I tend not to like it. I think I connect tones to facial expressions.

I should probably get into VC more.

Yeah can talk for hours. Got a mate I call but whenever I do she ends up draining all batteries in her house phones. If I go round her husband just goes upstairs on the playstation or goes out. Probably glad for the respite

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

In a way I much prefer talking to someone on the phone as you can here the tone of voice etc. I think a lot of meaning can get lost in a text. I also love listening to people. Although I admit I do slightly panic at answering an initial phone call

By *ixed MisterMan
over a year ago

London

"In a way I much prefer talking to someone on the phone as you can here the tone of voice etc. I think a lot of meaning can get lost in a text. I also love listening to people. Although I admit I do slightly panic at answering an initial phone call "

Getting past that initial part is the hardest bit, but once that's done the conversation normally flows wonderfully.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I can talk about everything and anything on the phone, especially if there's engagement from the other side.

My most memorable fab encounters were always clinched after a phone call. Apparently my voice and coversation were the cherry on top.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"In a way I much prefer talking to someone on the phone as you can here the tone of voice etc. I think a lot of meaning can get lost in a text. I also love listening to people. Although I admit I do slightly panic at answering an initial phone call

Getting past that initial part is the hardest bit, but once that's done the conversation normally flows wonderfully. "

Very true

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I hate talking on the phone & avoid it where I can .I think it comes from working in call centres in the past.

I keep in touch with my friends via WhatsApp or messenger usually.

By *ittlemiss1985Woman
over a year ago

Lansing

Depends. If I'm really close to someone, we can talk for hours. But I like texting/messaging/emailing for everyone else. As an Autistic person it gives me more time to think about what I'm going to say so I'm clear on what I mean.

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I absolutely hate making phone calls and will do anything I can to avoid it, unless someone has messaged and said "call me"... as in right then.

However, I do prefer talking on the phone to messaging. Voice notes are a good addition to texting too... but not too long.

I can talk for hours on the phone to the right person though. If he can.

over a year ago

"Phone calls? Yes.

Texting? Sure.

I’m easy, either way.

"

*rolls eyes

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I find is much nicer to speak to someone on the phone. Then sending text messages because At least you can hear the emotion and tones in the voice instead of trying to put all of that through a message.

over a year ago

I hate talking on the phone. Only use it when absolutely necessary

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I love phone calls. Warmth, a catch in the throat, the gasp, the laugh, the silences, the husky shifts in tone after an especially sexy thought is expressed...so much more human than text.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I love it and loathe it.

If I'm talking to my mother then it's a 'point call' about something important with a hard stop.

That aside, I love talking on the phone — especially when it's perfectly paired with letter writing or missives. I can become easily excitable, wanting to effuse every word and sentiment all at the same time; but I enjoy listening too, because it's giving me that long overdue and anticipated 'voice' and 'resonance' to those messages and letters we've exchanged.

over a year ago

Here’s my number [redacted] so call me maybe

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 20:59:45]

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"

Do you find that too?

"

youngsters can't even speak to each other when they're all in the same room

over a year ago

"Here’s my number [redacted] so call me maybe "

I learned not to to put joke numbers on here. ….

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I try to never speak in the phone. Non of my friends ever call me, always text or voicenote. My partner knows I will potentially shut a conversation down if she calls me and its not fir sonething specific.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No, hate them. Very few people I'll take to on the phone, other than my parents and son.

And I never do facetime/video calls.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I absolutely hate them. I don't get how people can talk on the phone to same person every day. What could have changed in the last 24 hours that justifies another phone call?

over a year ago

I've got out of the habit and only really talk on the phone when I'm dating someone - then it's usually hours at a time. My family and friends are mostly nearby - everyone else is WhatsApp. I miss the chats with friends I'd have in my twenties. Before I even owned a mobile!

over a year ago

I am on the phone for hours if it’s my friends that have moved away from the area. Or my parents.

J doesn’t really make or receive phone calls . She FaceTimes our daughters but otherwise that’s it

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"

Do you find that too?

"

The phone is a life line for people like me, I find I don't connect with others over message like i do with a phone call.

Live to talk, can talk fir hours from deep swinging to bullshit random topics of conversation. But it is a two way street

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

My worst nightmare.

Unless I know someone very well there is no hope in hell of getting a phone conversation out of me. I’m just too shy.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I only ring people when I have something specific I wish to speak to them about, I don’t ring just for a chat, similarly with text messages.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I only ring people when I have something specific I wish to speak to them about, I don’t ring just for a chat, similarly with text messages. "

‘If’ not ‘when’.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"I only ring people when I have something specific I wish to speak to them about, I don’t ring just for a chat, similarly with text messages.

‘If’ not ‘when’. "

See, I always imagined you to be a chatterbox! You never can tell!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Absolutely crap.

I'd like to shake the SMS inventor's hand. He saved my social life and love life.

over a year ago

I'd say I have a pretty good phone manner and can talk with the best 9f them.

I think when texting things can be misinterpreted but when on the phone you get a lot from the Tony of voice.

over a year ago

Gonna be honest, only ever any good on a phone call when it’s to a partner. Otherwise I’m text all the way.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I only ring people when I have something specific I wish to speak to them about, I don’t ring just for a chat, similarly with text messages.

‘If’ not ‘when’.

See, I always imagined you to be a chatterbox! You never can tell! "

Chatterbox ? Who do you think I am, Vera Duckworth.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

‘If’ not ‘when’.

See, I always imagined you to be a chatterbox! You never can tell!

Chatterbox ? Who do you think I am, Vera Duckworth. "

Well if I squint a bit….

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I can talk for England call me

By *estarossa.Woman
over a year ago

Flagrante

I love phone calls, I am a social animal in that regard, my telephone manner is pretty good

I dont entrust my number to many though.

I do like messaging as well, but its hard to judge inflection and tone sometimes x

By *aucasian GhandiMan
over a year ago

from my dad's left nut (Warwick)

"I love phone calls, I am a social animal in that regard, my telephone manner is pretty good

I dont entrust my number to many though.

I do like messaging as well, but its hard to judge inflection and tone sometimes x"

So open to misinterpretation as well, easy to make a meaning that's really not there on messages

over a year ago

Hello Op , fabs :

On dating / fabs , text chat as a first step is easier . I’m start very shy , on voice calls and very shy on video call

But yes , after a little bit there’s nothing better then listen to the voice and giggle of the woman you are meeting and see her on video ( very shy at first )

Sms is a great telegram service

Saving loads time in both ends .

chat is great to be silent . Discreet .

But you right OP

I found myself text chatting my mum , I even forgot phone calls exist . Then we ended laughing about Al this future technologies .

Many times I avoid phone call as I just don’t have head to have some one voice in my hear hole

So , text me , not in mood for calls . Fatigue . Etc etc

Long phone calls n long video calls does my head in after a little while . More into short ones

My daughter the same as me

My mother would spend all day on messenger to you on video call ^^

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I can spend time talking with people who need help so I can gather the information I need.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

My eyes roll when my phone rings, I don't like chatting on the phone at all, especially video calls where they can see my eye roll.

I much prefer texting or chatting in person.

Mrs

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

There are only a couple of people that I have any interest in having phone calls with, but those people I can talk to for hours.

over a year ago

I hate talking in the phone, only calls I answer are from work or the kids.

I will wait for the call to ring off then text 'is all OK?'

By *eon3691Man
over a year ago

stamford

I prefer to talk on the phone.

Meli you have the sexiest voice ever

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

I’m terrible (meaning: never, ever call me, unless there’s an emergency).

By *eon3691Man
over a year ago

stamford

"I love phone calls but only if the other person is comfortable with them. There's something about being able to listen to another person more clearly, the happiness I feel in hearing their voice. Greater understanding in what they mean.

I'd even go so far as to say I prefer them to texts/messages. Generally."

You have the sexiest voice ever Melissa. Such a turn on

over a year ago

I am always surprised that my younger colleagues use emails to garner information than they do the phone

I'm a great believer in physical interaction. It speeds things up. It builds relationships. The only downside is a lack of an audit trail if things go tits up

I'm good on the phone, but long protracted phone calls lose my attention. I tire very quickly of jibber jabber

over a year ago

"I can spend time talking with people who need help so I can gather the information I need.

"

Are you a Nigerian prince?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I can spend time talking with people who need help so I can gather the information I need.

Are you a Nigerian prince? "

No but i eat salmon

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple
over a year ago

Debauchery

I prefer video calls, I love to see faces when chatting, also helps with interpretation if they have a strong accent Group video calling my kids is always fun, they quickly revert to acting as if they're in the same room usually resulting in one of them stropping off after it descends into sibling teasing... just like being at home with them all

Cherry x

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I will talk to anyone on the phone and prefer that option.Landline of course.

The fun that can be had winding up the scammers who call relentlessly brightens up my day.

Hate texting with a passion

Hate messaging using the internet

Not on any of the so called social media sites other than Fab.

In my case it is an age thing.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I prefer to talk on the phone.

Meli you have the sexiest voice ever"

Ha thank you that's really lovely. After a hour of me waffling on the phone you'll probably be bored stiff though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I spend a lot of time talking to my dad on the phone. Daily at least, this involves explaining things that I've explained before and talking him down from things he's anxious about as well as day to day chit chat, it's exhausting. Obviously I don't begrudge it

I don't really enjoy phone conversations and prefer to email, text or WhatsApp if I can't see someone face to face.

Post new Message to Thread