Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bud light

Jump to newest

By *aptain Caveman41 OP   Man
over a year ago

Home

Jasus they are having some shit attack in America. Imagine boycotting a drink because a trans activist was put on the can but do nothing when children are shot in schools.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Trans activists don’t have Republicans by the balls like the NRA do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dylan Mulvaney isn't a trans activist? Anyway, people can boycott whatever they want can't they - it's their money. The brand made an error.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i see one of the republican govenours pulled a stunt where he said he was going to boycot bud light and opened his fridge to get rid of it. there wasnt any there but he pulled out another beer and started to drink it but didnt realise it was by the same parent company

Reply privately

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

"i see one of the republican govenours pulled a stunt where he said he was going to boycot bud light and opened his fridge to get rid of it. there wasnt any there but he pulled out another beer and started to drink it but didnt realise it was by the same parent company

"

Love it!!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Trans activists don’t have Republicans by the balls like the NRA do. "

No but I bet some Republicans wish they did

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"i see one of the republican govenours pulled a stunt where he said he was going to boycot bud light and opened his fridge to get rid of it. there wasnt any there but he pulled out another beer and started to drink it but didnt realise it was by the same parent company

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dylan Mulvaney isn't a trans activist? Anyway, people can boycott whatever they want can't they - it's their money. The brand made an error. "

Influencer/activist/famous person whatever.

It would seem the issue is that boycotts are bring called for because she is trans. Not because she may or may not be termed an activist.

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Didn't one of them say he was switching beer to Coors.

Yet Coors had rainbow coloured cans. I dunno crazy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dylan Mulvaney isn't a trans activist? Anyway, people can boycott whatever they want can't they - it's their money. The brand made an error.

It would seem the issue is that boycotts are bring called for because she is trans. Not because she may or may not be termed an activist."

Ok, fair enough. But clearly the wrong person for the brand, trans or not. Sales have fallen massively since the new campaign started.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dylan Mulvaney isn't a trans activist? Anyway, people can boycott whatever they want can't they - it's their money. The brand made an error.

It would seem the issue is that boycotts are bring called for because she is trans. Not because she may or may not be termed an activist.

Ok, fair enough. But clearly the wrong person for the brand, trans or not. Sales have fallen massively since the new campaign started. "

Fwiw, I find DM incredibly irritating. The whole "365 days of being a girl" giggly routine coming from someone who is 26 leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

With that absolute ham sandwich promoting it I’m really not surprised.

Talk about not understanding your demographic, Christ knows what Bud are thinking?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Trans activists don’t have Republicans by the balls like the NRA do.

No but I bet some Republicans wish they did "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok, fair enough. But clearly the wrong person for the brand, trans or not. Sales have fallen massively since the new campaign started. "

If the thinking behind the promotion was for short term sales boosts, then sure, a massive fail.

It may be that there are other objectives, who knows? (Well Budweiser do presumably)

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

I remember this Dylan from when I was in the states. He appeared on the price is right

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I remember this Dylan from when I was in the states. He appeared on the price is right "

Yea she was on back then playing the same OTT character.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok, fair enough. But clearly the wrong person for the brand, trans or not. Sales have fallen massively since the new campaign started.

If the thinking behind the promotion was for short term sales boosts, then sure, a massive fail.

It may be that there are other objectives, who knows? (Well Budweiser do presumably)

"

Is this Budweiser trying to win some pink points back after the football sponsorship?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You could well be right. Perhaps attracting a new audience?

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

It will all blow over.

These things do in time.

As long as no one gets hurt is all I care about

Reply privately

over a year ago

The outrage is not just because they put Dylan on the can, it’s because she/they were used to promote and celebrate women when there are so many other high-achieving biological women that could’ve been selected. Nike have also been slammed for using her/them to promote women’s sports bras.

And rightly so, Dylan is a narcissistic piece of shit who treads on the community of young trans people who struggle daily, in order to elevate her/their social media status, bringing you such hits as ‘using a cramp simulator to emulate periods’ and ‘claiming that a fake/surgically manufactured pussy is better than a real one’ and that ‘women hate me, because their husbands want to fuck me’

It’s her/their personality I have a problem with in making her/them a role model, not her/their gender.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The outrage is not just because they put Dylan on the can, it’s because she/they were used to promote and celebrate women when there are so many other high-achieving biological women that could’ve been selected. Nike have also been slammed for using her/them to promote women’s sports bras.

And rightly so, Dylan is a narcissistic piece of shit who treads on the community of young trans people who struggle daily, in order to elevate her/their social media status, bringing you such hits as ‘using a cramp simulator to emulate periods’ and ‘claiming that a fake/surgically manufactured pussy is better than a real one’ and that ‘women hate me, because their husbands want to fuck me’

It’s her/their personality I have a problem with in making her/them a role model, not her/their gender."

You should say what you think. Don't beat around the bush.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The outrage is not just because they put Dylan on the can, it’s because she/they were used to promote and celebrate women when there are so many other high-achieving biological women that could’ve been selected. Nike have also been slammed for using her/them to promote women’s sports bras.

It’s her/their personality I have a problem with in making her/them a role model, not her/their gender."

Fair point.

If I'm honest I'd only heard about DM through this media storm.

Reply privately

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Is that why I’m getting funny looks for buying it now

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought it kicked off because Nike are using him to promote sports bras when he obviously has little to no tits.Then Daily mail said "What about Bud light?".

I know few people who drink Bud and even less drink Bud light.

Plus he is weird looking and it's well known good advertising identifies with its audience. Using an unlikeable tiny minority will never work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

ah stop all these people boycotting bud go on about protection women's rights while calling for abortion to be banned and calling for jail and even the death penalty if they have one. Shower of hypocrites.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It’s her/their personality I have a problem with in making her/them a role model, not her/their gender.ah stop all these people boycotting bud go on about protection women's rights while calling for abortion to be banned and calling for jail and even the death penalty if they have one. Shower of hypocrites. "

How are they hypocrites? You will have to spell it out.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 12/04/23 14:40:43]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

It’s her/their personality I have a problem with in making her/them a role model, not her/their gender.ah stop all these people boycotting bud go on about protection women's rights while calling for abortion to be banned and calling for jail and even the death penalty if they have one. Shower of hypocrites.

How are they hypocrites? You will have to spell it out. "

if you can't see the hypocrisy in that well that's on you

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

" if you can't see the hypocrisy in that well that's on you "

I’d like to know too please. If you don’t know how to articulate your point that’s on you…

Reply privately

over a year ago

" if you can't see the hypocrisy in that well that's on you

I’d like to know too please. If you don’t know how to articulate your point that’s on you…"

Seems quite clear to me he means the same people boycotting Bud light to "uphold" women's rights are often the same people denying women's rights for other choices such as abortion.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I’d like to know too please. If you don’t know how to articulate your point that’s on you…

Seems quite clear to me he means the same people boycotting Bud light to "uphold" women's rights are often the same people denying women's rights for other choices such as abortion. "

Nope still don’t see it. How are people advocating pro-life and pro (biological) female rights hypocrites? I’m genuinely keen to know. Always like to get different perspectives.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Seems quite clear to me he means the same people boycotting Bud light to "uphold" women's rights are often the same people denying women's rights for other choices such as abortion.

Nope still don’t see it. How are people advocating pro-life and pro (biological) female rights hypocrites? I’m genuinely keen to know. Always like to get different perspectives."

You need to educate yourself with the definition of hypocrisy as you obviously don't know what it means.Do that and then come back to discuss it

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m boycotting Bud light

(Because it tastes like water)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Other people can find things offensive. It's their Right. Not just one side. If they want to boycott both sides it's their choice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’m boycotting Bud light

(Because it tastes like water)

"

its horrible.

Reply privately

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

So Does this mean Budweiser is now the queen of beers..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope still don’t see it. How are people advocating pro-life and pro (biological) female rights hypocrites? I’m genuinely keen to know. Always like to get different perspectives."

I am a reasonably intelligent person and I'm not getting where the hypocrisy is. I'm not boycotting anything because a trans person is promoting it, and I don't see why other people would. But I still don't see how that conflicts with supporting women's rights. DM is a trans woman.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Does this mean Budweiser is now the queen of beers..? "
no it's still water identifying as a beer.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Nope still don’t see it. How are people advocating pro-life and pro (biological) female rights hypocrites? I’m genuinely keen to know. Always like to get different perspectives.

I am a reasonably intelligent person and I'm not getting where the hypocrisy is. I'm not boycotting anything because a trans person is promoting it, and I don't see why other people would. But I still don't see how that conflicts with supporting women's rights. DM is a trans woman. "

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

I am a reasonably intelligent person and I'm not getting where the hypocrisy is. I'm not boycotting anything because a trans person is promoting it, and I don't see why other people would. But I still don't see how that conflicts with supporting women's rights. DM is a trans woman.

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point."

calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you. "

So like we suspected, you’re unable to articulate your point, thanks for confirming.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Didn't one of them say he was switching beer to Coors.

Yet Coors had rainbow coloured cans. I dunno crazy"

Yes similarly someone declared they were sticking to JD seemingly unaware that Jack Daniels have supported the LGBTQIA community too

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I mean a quick look at Nike's website shows they also endorse and promote plenty of other women so I'm not sure why one trans woman causes such grief?

Nike got a similar backlash, probably from a very similar demographic when they launched a sports specific hijab. It's weird what people get angry about

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

"calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you.

So like we suspected, you’re unable to articulate your point, thanks for confirming."

if you don't understand what hypocrisy means look up a dictionary. And if I'm discussing this with a pro life person we are wasting our time here because we will not agree. So just leave it there I won't be answered anymore to you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you.

So like we suspected, you’re unable to articulate your point, thanks for confirming."

Can I try?

I think the point is something like this:

Some critics, including many high profile republicans have kicked off in part due to the CisWomen's rights argument. This could well be a valid argument if the same people, particularly high profile Republicans, were not also vociferously denying Cis Women's rights in terms of the abortion issue. (A woman's right to choose).

To argue in favour of and against women's rights could be seen as hypocritical.

But

Pro life is a whole different debate

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"if you don't understand what hypocrisy means look up a dictionary. And if I'm discussing this with a pro life person we are wasting our time here because we will not agree. So just leave it there I won't be answered anymore to you. "

I understand just fine thanks, that’s why I’m trying to understand what you’re on about. The fact you can’t/won’t explain your point says to me you don’t even know how to articulate what you’ve said.

I haven’t stated what side of the fence I sit on regarding abortion as it’s not relevant to this discussion.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

So like we suspected, you’re unable to articulate your point, thanks for confirming.

Can I try?

I think the point is something like this:

Some critics, including many high profile republicans have kicked off in part due to the CisWomen's rights argument. This could well be a valid argument if the same people, particularly high profile Republicans, were not also vociferously denying Cis Women's rights in terms of the abortion issue. (A woman's right to choose).

To argue in favour of and against women's rights could be seen as hypocritical.

But

Pro life is a whole different debate "

Thank you for attempting to explain. The abortion bit is the one that really through me, makes zero sense.

High five for an adult discussion/debate. Again we may not agree, but it’s awesome we can debate. Next time I’m back home will definitely ping you for a drink and chat.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point.calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you. "

It's not a difficult is it?

If you believe demonising the trans community somehow protects women's rights while also refusing women bodily autonomy over whether they can legally abd safeky have an abortion then you stent really defending women's rights are you?

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"It's not a difficult is it?

If you believe demonising the trans community somehow protects women's rights while also refusing women bodily autonomy over whether they can legally abd safeky have an abortion then you stent really defending women's rights are you?"

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

If you believe demonising the trans community somehow protects women's rights while also refusing women bodily autonomy over whether they can legally abd safeky have an abortion then you stent really defending women's rights are you?

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?"

are you Irish

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?are you Irish "

About as relevant as your other points, no I’m not.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?"

Are you seriously suggesting that passing laws making abortion illegal is somehow a positive step for women's rights?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whole different debate and frought with irreconcilable flashpoints!

Danger, danger. High voltage!

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?

Are you seriously suggesting that passing laws making abortion illegal is somehow a positive step for women's rights?"

Abortion is a completely separate debate, but I don’t see how it’s anti female rights, no.

And again I haven’t stated which side of the fence I sit on with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Danger, danger. High voltage! "

Great tune!!

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Danger, danger. High voltage! "

Tell me about it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who drinks Bud Light anyway?

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Who drinks Bud Light anyway?"

I used to…the shame.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not me I drink the pretty pink elephant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it larger, I've never tried it

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Is it larger, I've never tried it"

It’s like lager, only shitter!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Who drinks Bud Light anyway?

I used to…the shame. "

What's the matter lager girl? Frightened you might taste something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Who drinks Bud Light anyway? Not me I drink the pretty pink elephant. "

Is that a cock reference?

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I used to…the shame.

What's the matter lager girl? Frightened you might taste something? "

I’ll stick to my amaretto sours, or strawberry colada mmmmmmmmm

Reply privately

over a year ago

Puts down the (brand name removed) beer.

So…what’s this thread about now?

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Puts down the (brand name removed) beer.

So…what’s this thread about now? "

Cock…..tails

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Puts down the (brand name removed) beer.

So…what’s this thread about now? "

Fuck knows.

Anyone else fancy a few rounds of shag, kiss, avoid?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Who drinks Bud Light anyway? Not me I drink the pretty pink elephant.

Is that a cock reference?"

Deleruim Tremens.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?are you Irish

About as relevant as your other points, no I’m not."

sorry I miss read it but thank God I did because you are not the type of person I would like to meet I get on with nearly everyone but I've an awful feeling I wouldn't get on with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that a cock reference? Deleruim Tremens. "

Just googled it 8.5%...?

Damn girl!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So Does this mean Budweiser is now the queen of beers..? "

Currently being marketed as the beer of queens, apparently Weak, tasteless and annoyingly bubbly. I saw an advert the other day.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

How is someone supporting pro life or pro biological females against women’s rights?are you Irish

About as relevant as your other points, no I’m not.sorry I miss read it but thank God I did because you are not the type of person I would like to meet I get on with nearly everyone but I've an awful feeling I wouldn't get on with you "

Why would being Irish have ANYTHING to do with your point? I’m truly gutted you don’t think we’d get on…

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Is that a cock reference? Deleruim Tremens. "

Steady on that’s some serious stuff

Reply privately

By *exyBums22Couple
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Haha it's pretty hilarious really. I've watched quite a few videos of people pouring away bud light and switching to Coors light though I'm sure with a little research they would also pour that away.

It's quite sad really. Imagine having so little going on in your life that it revolves around a brand of beer. And that a picture on a can would cause so much strife.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Weak, tasteless and annoyingly bubbly.."

If that never makes it into a verification I’ll be grade A disappointed

Reply privately

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I do because I know I can drink it for the 10 hours I’ll watch hockey for every Friday and Saturday night and I know I won’t have a hangover the next day

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point.calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you. "

As a woman, I think I'm perfectly able to see what are women's rights issues and what a trans issues. I dislike being lectured about those by men.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

" As a woman, I think I'm perfectly able to see what are women's rights issues and what a trans issues. I dislike being lectured about those by men. "

He won’t because he can’t.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As I said at the start, people have the right to not spend their money on a product. I wouldn't nor have I boycotted something because of a trans person being the face of the product. I don't know why people would do that to be honest. Abortion and whether women's rights clash with trans rights - whole other issue....

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's interesting to note from an article in the FT today that the share value of Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, has dropped overall by 3 billion dollars. The last review was March 31st.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is that a cock reference? Deleruim Tremens.

Just googled it 8.5%...?

Damn girl!"

lol it's devine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point.calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you.

As a woman, I think I'm perfectly able to see what are women's rights issues and what a trans issues. I dislike being lectured about those by men. "

I wasn't replying to you, you can rant all you want but my reply wasn't for you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's interesting to note from an article in the FT today that the share value of Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, has dropped overall by 3 billion dollars. The last review was March 31st."
Alot of distributers in my area and bars are not serving anything bud. Bud was always looked at as the working man's beer. Now ... Corona probably will gain from this controversy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

"It's interesting to note from an article in the FT today that the share value of Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, has dropped overall by 3 billion dollars. The last review was March 31st. Alot of distributers in my area and bars are not serving anything bud. Bud was always looked at as the working man's beer. Now ... Corona probably will gain from this controversy."
you do know the owners of Corona support the lgbtq as well

Reply privately

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I’ll stick to my Chilean white wine. God knows how anyone could drink that gosh awful swill.

Reply privately

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"It's interesting to note from an article in the FT today that the share value of Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, has dropped overall by 3 billion dollars. The last review was March 31st. Alot of distributers in my area and bars are not serving anything bud. Bud was always looked at as the working man's beer. Now ... Corona probably will gain from this controversy."

I prefer Michelob anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The LGBTQ community boycotted Yengling beer because the owners supported trump. No different. People have a right to protest. Same thing different beer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a sneaky feeling they won’t reply again as they’ll be unable to articulate their point.calling for women's rights while also denying women's rights is the height of hypocrisy and if you can't or don't want to see it I'm wasting my time trying to explain to you.

As a woman, I think I'm perfectly able to see what are women's rights issues and what a trans issues. I dislike being lectured about those by men. I wasn't replying to you, you can rant all you want but my reply wasn't for you. "

Please show me where I have ranted. That's a subtle and insidious way to put down my point of view.

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-endorsement-leads-plea-yeungling-boycott-gay-bars-n673966 for reference.

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Damn this still going?

Reply privately

By *ananas57Couple
over a year ago

lake ariel

"Damn this still going?"
I just heard about the other day

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Damn this still going?I just heard about the other day "
Lol good luck banning Yengling in our neck of the woods.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-endorsement-leads-plea-yeungling-boycott-gay-bars-n673966 for reference. "

I'm not entirely sure one politician calling for bars to not stock beer has the the full comedy effect that is a masculinity so fragile that at least one person had to video themselves shooting a load of beers with am assault rifle?

Reply privately

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

"https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-endorsement-leads-plea-yeungling-boycott-gay-bars-n673966 for reference.

I'm not entirely sure one politician calling for bars to not stock beer has the the full comedy effect that is a masculinity so fragile that at least one person had to video themselves shooting a load of beers with am assault rifle?"

I wonder if they bought those beers to make the video.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/trump-endorsement-leads-plea-yeungling-boycott-gay-bars-n673966 for reference.

I'm not entirely sure one politician calling for bars to not stock beer has the the full comedy effect that is a masculinity so fragile that at least one person had to video themselves shooting a load of beers with am assault rifle?"

It would have been much more entertaining if he used tannerite. It's just as funny gluing yourself to objects to protest something. No different.

Reply privately

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

If you're going to boycott a beer, at least choose a brand that has some value, taste and doesn't leave you with a raging headache after a couple of bottles- the only thing lower than Bud is Carling or toilet duck

Reply privately

By *4bimMan
over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Anheuser-busch makers of bud light value has dropped by 5 billion dollars since this marketing campaign.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Anheuser-busch makers of bud light value has dropped by 5 billion dollars since this marketing campaign."

Not surprising given their failure to understand their target demographic and going full woke….everyone knows you never go full woke!

Reply privately

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Anheuser-busch makers of bud light value has dropped by 5 billion dollars since this marketing campaign."

good time to buy shares, as soon as the whining flaky fuckers find another brand to avoid and protest about, they'll all go back to 'celebrating with a bud' and the value will quickly recover

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Well with all the fuss it's caused I bloody well hope that Dylan mulvaney does.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Well with all the fuss it's caused I bloody well hope that Dylan mulvaney does.

"

They are going to have to drink a lot to make up for the shortfall.

Reply privately

By *idlandiaMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Iv been boycotting budweiser for over 20 years.

Mainly because it's tastes grim.

See also fosters and carling.

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"Jasus they are having some shit attack in America. Imagine boycotting a drink because a trans activist was put on the can but do nothing when children are shot in schools. "

It’s America the land of loonies . Want even an ad campaign just a personal gift from them to the person and the republicans went full Ben stiller tropic thunder on it

Did you see that idiot old rocker put a crate of beer up and shoot it up with with assault rifle . As that’s a totally sane rational response right

Would imagine the company is laughing all the way to the bank .

The only good thing is this has shown it isn’t about protecting kids from trans ideology and keeping it for adults only. etc it’s clearly shown they just hate anything T related and want it expunged from actual existence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Would imagine the company is laughing all the way to the bank ."

The parent company has lost almost $5bn in stock value in just 10 days, and gone dark on social media since April 1st.

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet.

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

From a marketing stand point, this was a fucking disaster

Gutted bud. Maybe don't stick anything but a product label on your product

Just saying

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Jasus they are having some shit attack in America. Imagine boycotting a drink because a trans activist was put on the can but do nothing when children are shot in schools.

It’s America the land of loonies . Want even an ad campaign just a personal gift from them to the person and the republicans went full Ben stiller tropic thunder on it

Did you see that idiot old rocker put a crate of beer up and shoot it up with with assault rifle . As that’s a totally sane rational response right

The only good thing is this has shown it isn’t about protecting kids from trans ideology and keeping it for adults only. etc it’s clearly shown they just hate anything T related and want it expunged from actual existence. "

Nope, their share price has fallen out it ass.

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 13/04/23 10:22:41]

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

Next they'll be putting Jeffery marsh on a Yorkie bar

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Next they'll be putting Jeffery marsh on a Yorkie bar "

New face of Adidas Predators kids boots…

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

"Next they'll be putting Jeffery marsh on a Yorkie bar

New face of Adidas Predators kids boots…"

Agreed, he's creepy as shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Would imagine the company is laughing all the way to the bank .

The parent company has lost almost $5bn in stock value in just 10 days, and gone dark on social media since April 1st.

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet."

Guess I'll have to get tickets to kid ricks summer tour

Reply privately

By *nkyCplCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet. Guess I'll have to get tickets to kid ricks summer tour "

Think I’d rather watch a gig by Dylan Mulvaney whilst chucking back cans of Bud light tbh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kid rock shooting cans on his property is his right. Just like any protesters from both sides of the isle doing their protests.

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"Jasus they are having some shit attack in America. Imagine boycotting a drink because a trans activist was put on the can but do nothing when children are shot in schools.

The only good thing is this has shown it isn’t about protecting kids from trans ideology and keeping it for adults only. etc it’s clearly shown they just hate anything T related and want it expunged from actual existence.

Nope, their share price has fallen out it ass."

its dipped 5% hardly fallen out if its ass , and its a blip based on a usa blip .. big companies like this shares bouce frequently in climates ... this wont really affect them in the long run whatsoever ... it will all be forgotten about in a few weeks ... this is all just political ramping though as they gear up for the runs .

This Dylan isnt even the face of a proper campaign as the company said it was a just a gift they gave them .. like they do to many influencers .... not like this persons face is plastered over cans of bud or on billboards all over the usa is it now ....

proper first world problems at its finest here from the good old US of A .. meanwhile the real world .......

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet. Guess I'll have to get tickets to kid ricks summer tour "

hey man you enjoy what ever music you like , knock yourself out fella

Reply privately

over a year ago

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet. Guess I'll have to get tickets to kid ricks summer tour

hey man you enjoy what ever music you like , knock yourself out fella "

The female half here. I guess you can just call me "We/Us".Fella was offensive.

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

That’s not extremist idiots with assault rifles churning up shit, it’s ordinary people voting with their feet. Guess I'll have to get tickets to kid ricks summer tour

hey man you enjoy what ever music you like , knock yourself out fella The female half here. I guess you can just call me "We/Us".Fella was offensive. "

ah sorry I didn't even look at the profile name just the body text . I just presumed it was a single guy profile

Reply privately

By *ondoner27Man
over a year ago

london

Bud should worry about the awful taste of their beer

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"Bud should worry about the awful taste of their beer"

Pretty valid I guess. Bud isn’t that popular in England I think vs others. See corona drank more I guess or most people I know that drink beer. Are drinking Stella or some Spanish beers .

Tell you what I rarely see people drink anymore is Guinness out and about. When I was young used to see all the older guys and some older women necking that down .

Personally I think the best tasting beer is ice cold Ashanti it’s a really dry crisp one Not that I really drink alcohol anyway

Reply privately

By *eard and TattsCouple
over a year ago

Cwmbran

Maybe if they put his face on a real beer then I'd be wondering why, but his face really represents the symbiotic relationship between the two. A pale, cheap imitation that will never be the real thing no matter how you dress it up

Reply privately

By *ananas57Couple
over a year ago

lake ariel

"Damn this still going?I just heard about the other day Lol good luck banning Yengling in our neck of the woods."
my hubby drinks Yengling

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Damn this still going?I just heard about the other day Lol good luck banning Yengling in our neck of the woods.my hubby drinks Yengling "
I love rusty rail in reading. The peanut butter imperial hefeweizen called fools gold is divine. I can only drink 1 pint though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe if they put his face on a real beer then I'd be wondering why, but his face really represents the symbiotic relationship between the two. A pale, cheap imitation that will never be the real thing no matter how you dress it up"

Booooooooom!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe if they put his face on a real beer then I'd be wondering why, but his face really represents the symbiotic relationship between the two. A pale, cheap imitation that will never be the real thing no matter how you dress it up"
lol

Reply privately

By *egDaySkipperMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Dylan Mulvaney isn't a trans activist? Anyway, people can boycott whatever they want can't they - it's their money. The brand made an error. "

They haven't really, from what the market suggests they made a profit

Reply privately

over a year ago

They haven't really, from what the market suggests they made a profit "

Haven't seen that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't seen that. "

lol all I see is some local bars not serving bud.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Home

Haven't seen that. lol all I see is some local bars not serving bud."

in America. Do Americans forget that the rest of the world exists.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't seen that. lol all I see is some local bars not serving bud.in America. Do Americans forget that the rest of the world exists. "

I said here now didn't I ?

Reply privately

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Bud light is fucking awful anyway, I'd rather go without, regardless of who they have on the can.

Although to be fair, when I saw the picture of the can I assumed it was a pisstake and was some meme I had no idea about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't seen that. lol all I see is some local bars not serving bud.in America. Do Americans forget that the rest of the world exists. "

The boycott you started this thread about is in America.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't seen that. lol all I see is some local bars not serving bud.in America. Do Americans forget that the rest of the world exists.

The boycott you started this thread about is in America. "

it's ok I boycotted beans and toast.I did not like it and when I put the beans on they looked like Andrew Tate. I held back from lining Heinz cans up a toaster and some bread to use as target practice.

Reply privately

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

I'd boycott it because my piss tastes better

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

Not boycotting it just dont ever drink american piss water, give me a Guinness or a bottle of vodka

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not boycotting it just dont ever drink american piss water, give me a Guinness or a bottle of vodka"
lol I guess Winning the Gold in multiple beer categories and the world beer cup don't count.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guinness has a 4.2 abv.Just like bud light.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Not boycotting it just dont ever drink american piss water, give me a Guinness or a bottle of vodka lol I guess Winning the Gold in multiple beer categories and the world beer cup don't count. "

Is this like an actual world beer cup like the football world cup or more like world series baseball and not in the slightest bit global?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not boycotting it just dont ever drink american piss water, give me a Guinness or a bottle of vodka lol I guess Winning the Gold in multiple beer categories and the world beer cup don't count.

Is this like an actual world beer cup like the football world cup or more like world series baseball and not in the slightest bit global?"

world beer cup. Different categories.

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Beer_Cup

Reply privately

By *ittle Miss BipolarWoman
over a year ago

Up My Own Arse Apparently

I don’t see the big issue with this individual being used to advertise alcohol. Anyone of any sex or gender can drink Bud Light, so why not have a trans person as the face of it.

I do however find it absolutely ridiculous to have a biological man advertising women's clothing when any number of female athletes could have been chosen.

Was relieved to see Tampax confirm that Mulvaney is not actually sponsored by them though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t see the big issue with this individual being used to advertise alcohol. Anyone of any sex or gender can drink Bud Light, so why not have a trans person as the face of it.

I do however find it absolutely ridiculous to have a biological man advertising women's clothing when any number of female athletes could have been chosen.

Was relieved to see Tampax confirm that Mulvaney is not actually sponsored by them though. "

The Nike boycott is one thats been picked up in the UK. There's some real anger about DM doing ads for Nike.

Reply privately

By *ittlemiss1985Woman
over a year ago

Lansing

Meh I think it'll eventually blow over. Usually the vocal minority will have their freak out and move on to the next outrage.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t see the big issue with this individual being used to advertise alcohol. Anyone of any sex or gender can drink Bud Light, so why not have a trans person as the face of it.

Was relieved to see Tampax confirm that Mulvaney is not actually sponsored by them though.

The Nike boycott is one thats been picked up in the UK. There's some real anger about DM doing ads for Nike. "

Wonder when Gillette will have Buck Angel advertising gents razors...

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Nike boycott is one thats been picked up in the UK. There's some real anger about DM doing ads for Nike.

Wonder when Gillette will have Buck Angel advertising gents razors...

"

To be fair Buck doesn't take the piss out of men the way DM makes a mockery of being a woman. I like him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Nike boycott is one thats been picked up in the UK. There's some real anger about DM doing ads for Nike. "

Plenty of other women that represent us that can get the accolades. They choose a influencer. TBH I would rather see RuPaul. But that's just my opinion. I have plenty of woman idols I would prefer that are true iconic women. Not science manufactured ones. It's sad we get overruled because of some social injustice. Guess I should grow a dick and be a influencer. Can I 3d print that appendage?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So I guess yes I a little perturbed over the decision.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So I guess yes I a little perturbed over the decision. "
But also understand it's a marketing ploy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder if DM has a gynaecologist

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if DM has a gynaecologist "
Depends if the balls get in the way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if DM has a gynaecologist Depends if the balls get in the way."
I guess I kind of angry. I have 2 combat tours being a woman protecting our rights. How can equate my life to a silly influencer? With a mangina? I did the blood sweat and tears to further my ambitions that gender doesn't matter. Yet I have to accept a pretender. Because they are a tick tock sensation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wonder if DM has a gynaecologist Depends if the balls get in the way. I guess I kind of angry. I have 2 combat tours being a woman protecting our rights. How can equate my life to a silly influencer? With a mangina? I did the blood sweat and tears to further my ambitions that gender doesn't matter. Yet I have to accept a pretender. Because they are a tick tock sensation. "
The only horror the pretender experienced is if she chipped a nail while live streaming. Optics.. like I said RuPaul gains my respect totally. I can't equate this...it's degrading twords real women. Rant over.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well one last thought... How am I as a woman supposed to understand that strife. When I had to bust my ass to be a equal to men. Yet a influencer being a man and transitioned is more superior because of what society dictates?

Reply privately

By *im RoyleCouple
over a year ago

chester

"Jasus they are having some shit attack in America. Imagine boycotting a drink because a trans activist was put on the can but do nothing when children are shot in schools. "

Mental

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mental "

explain why Ukraine gave their population actual military grade weapons ? I guess the mental too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mental "

cry me a river

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well one last thought... How am I as a woman supposed to understand that strife. When I had to bust my ass to be a equal to men. Yet a influencer being a man and transitioned is more superior because of what society dictates? "

Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well one last thought... How am I as a woman supposed to understand that strife. When I had to bust my ass to be a equal to men. Yet a influencer being a man and transitioned is more superior because of what society dictates?

Well said "

No empathy here for absurdity.

Reply privately

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 15/04/23 02:35:14]

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Mental cry me a river "

That's your actual genuine completely dismissive comment on children being shot dead?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not boycotting it just dont ever drink american piss water, give me a Guinness or a bottle of vodka lol I guess Winning the Gold in multiple beer categories and the world beer cup don't count. "

It kinda loses validity when you see that it’s organised by the brewers association who looks after the interest of small brewers in the states.

I wish I could see the full entry list as I reckon it could be laughably biased towards one market. 8000+ entries, $160 per entry plus a $160 application fee……just a cool $2.5M marketing tool

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Well one last thought... How am I as a woman supposed to understand that strife. When I had to bust my ass to be a equal to men. Yet a influencer being a man and transitioned is more superior because of what society dictates? "

How are they superior? Why shouldn't they be equal?

It's the patriarchy not the trans community who damage women's rights

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well one last thought... How am I as a woman supposed to understand that strife. When I had to bust my ass to be a equal to men. Yet a influencer being a man and transitioned is more superior because of what society dictates?

It's the patriarchy not the trans community who damage women's rights"

Of course they're equal. But people like DM are taking the p**s out of women. He's a cross dressing 26 yo gay man pretending to be a girl. yet gets invited to the White House as a woman. And anyone who criticises that is deemed a bigot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course they're equal. But people like DM are taking the p**s out of women. He's a cross dressing 26 yo gay man pretending to be a girl. yet gets invited to the White House as a woman. And anyone who criticises that is deemed a bigot. "

Correct,plus he's the most annoying cunt,most trans women want to slap him

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course they're equal. But people like DM are taking the p**s out of women. He's a cross dressing 26 yo gay man pretending to be a girl. yet gets invited to the White House as a woman. And anyone who criticises that is deemed a bigot.

Correct,plus he's the most annoying cunt,most trans women want to slap him"

I don't like him. But nor do I see any reason for the vilification or Bud light boycott. If I bought Nike products though - I'd boycott because I think an actual athletic sportswoman should have been given that gig, not DM.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/04/23 11:29:57]

Reply privately

over a year ago

*Other leading brand beers are available.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"*Other leading brand beers are available. "
nice remote

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

It is pointless to hate on Anheuser-Busche or any other company, because regardless of their actual beliefs A-B and every other company will soon be doing very similar not because they generally support trans persons but because of $

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course they're equal. But people like DM are taking the p**s out of women. He's a cross dressing 26 yo gay man pretending to be a girl. yet gets invited to the White House as a woman. And anyone who criticises that is deemed a bigot. "

The patriarchy (if you believe in it) is predominantly composed of men.

Dylan Mulvaney is a man.

Join the dots.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dylan Mulvaney is a man.

Join the dots."

It is disappointing that a man can't see that. And women being told they are bigots for objecting to DM's caricature of women being hailed as better than women.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dylan Mulvaney is a man.

Join the dots.

It is disappointing that a man can't see that. And women being told they are bigots for objecting to DM's caricature of women being hailed as better than women. "

I'd be pissed off if I was a woman,I think I will identify as one for a day to show my displeasure

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cba to read this thread but… imagine choosing to drink Bud Light in the first place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Bud Light = Babycham for Bros.

Reply privately

By *entlemanrogueMan
over a year ago

Motherwell

"Cba to read this thread but… imagine choosing to drink Bud Light in the first place."

Hahaha exactly

Reply privately

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"Bud Light = Babycham for Bros. "

Fuck - baby Cham now that’s an

Old drink I remember seeing around as a kid

Reply privately