Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wellbeing Week

Jump to newest

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Ate you taking care of your body as if you need it for 100 years?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Nope. I'm doing it one day at a time.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I take care of it enough to get me through the week.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

100 years? God forbid.

I'm doing the bare minimum to ensure I wake up each morning.

Hard work might pay off in time but laziness always pays off right now.

over a year ago

Yes Id say so. Lubricated and oiled regularly with an occasional service. Couple of dings but still running smoothly

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Trying. I'm from a scarily long lived family line, so very possible I'll make it to 100

over a year ago

Despite what I'm going through right now which is enough to drive anyone over the edge, I'm trying to look after myself as best I can, eating properly, working out again, keeping my place clean and tidy so my immediate environment doesn't feel depressing.

I have a whole month of seating on the edge of my seat waiting for the outcome that could either make or break me, it feels like purgatory. I've been through a lot in the last several months, but I'm going to keep pushing forward through this torrent of fear and anxiety, with my eyes locked on the horizon for may be coming my way. My body needs to be prepared whatever the outcome may be

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Every day X

over a year ago

I do my best , it can be hard with a stressful week and personal responsibilities on top.

I do walk a lot though and love a bit of meditation for relaxation.

over a year ago

I'm rubbish at looking after myself as I'm usually so busy running around looking after other people.

However I did have a much needed 'me' day last Friday which restored some balance.

By *ansoffateMan
over a year ago

Sagittarius A

Tea, walks, listen to the tunes, bit of the old meditation AUM AUM.

Eat well.

Don't get dragged into people's games.

Generally that stuff works.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Ate you taking care of your body as if you need it for 100 years?"

Yes, I WD40 my dong daily.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Nope. I'm doing it one day at a time. "

This

over a year ago

I've quit smoking does that count?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I've quit smoking does that count?

"

yes well done you

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Not enough no but I have been getting a bit more active again which helps

over a year ago

I try to

My body is temple

Of doom

Normally on hour to hour basis

See you in KFC in Colechester

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No.

Because I don't need it or want it for a hundred years. I won't have it for a hundred years.

What I am doing though?

Living like I want to be alive.

Whether that's getting sweaty at the gym to the point a rather attractive man comments on the little line of sweat running down my collarbone (why yes, I'm rather proud that I do have them now).

Or not smoking when I'm stressed, worried or hormonal.

Doing yoga, not because it will help me with other things but because it quiets my often chaotic mind.

Taking time to do little things that bring me joy; whether that's a walk with loved ones rather than staying in. Reading because mental wellbeing is just as important as physical. Speaking to loved ones. Friends. Cooking meals from scratch, celebrating my changing body.

A few weeks ago I was worried I wouldn't see half a century, let alone a full one.

So, no. Not a hundred years. I'm enjoying taking care of my body like I want to live, in every sense.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

My body is broken this also includes my mind at present. I am trying to fix both as I'm no youngster it's hard work

over a year ago

Not in the slightest if I listen to other people about my eating habits. I do what I can/ what I want to do that makes me happy. I don't want to be alive for 100 years either.

Pxx

By *linyMan
over a year ago

Manchester/London

I thought I was but obviously not! 10 days ago I found out, in no uncertain terms, that I had a duodenal ulcer. Said ulcer perforated and required emergency surgery and a week in hospital. Luckily I’d taken time off to get myself physically and mentally fit after a stressful few years. And then this hits ha ha It may have set me back slightly but I’m trying to stay positive because I’m gonna been in fine form this summer for meets! Fingers crossed

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Below the knees nope. Above the knees I’m doing great.

The inflammation I have in my knees is really painful at times.

And my shins and ankles are sadly too far gone from too many Ops.

But doing what I can.

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Mostly yes but I definitely don’t want it for 100 years

This past week has been trying but mostly for my emotional and mental well-being but I’ve put strategies in place to help

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/04/23 12:44:01]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No I'm not looking after my body. I'm in pain with my hips takes ages for me to even get in and out of bed

over a year ago

No. I'm just keeping my head above water and that's fine sometimes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm trying to because my paternal line is very long lived.

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"No.

Because I don't need it or want it for a hundred years. I won't have it for a hundred years.

What I am doing though?

Living like I want to be alive.

Whether that's getting sweaty at the gym to the point a rather attractive man comments on the little line of sweat running down my collarbone (why yes, I'm rather proud that I do have them now).

Or not smoking when I'm stressed, worried or hormonal.

Doing yoga, not because it will help me with other things but because it quiets my often chaotic mind.

Taking time to do little things that bring me joy; whether that's a walk with loved ones rather than staying in. Reading because mental wellbeing is just as important as physical. Speaking to loved ones. Friends. Cooking meals from scratch, celebrating my changing body.

A few weeks ago I was worried I wouldn't see half a century, let alone a full one.

So, no. Not a hundred years. I'm enjoying taking care of my body like I want to live, in every sense."

I think it’s a mindset , if you treat something like you want it last that long , you make very different daily choices.

Theres a difference between our ‘lifespan’ and our ‘health-span’

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I drank to excess, did other things, partied hard from my teens until my early 40s. I genuinely believe the only reason I'm still alive is because I always exercised. I'm amazed my liver survived, I could easily have irreparably damaged it.

So now I definitely look after myself, o exercise almost daily, dont drink alcohol, rareky drink caffeine, dont eat too much crap... I don't expect to live anywhere close to 100 but I di believe there has to be a payback for my years of self abuse and I'm doing all I cam to limit that

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I drank to excess, did other things, partied hard from my teens until my early 40s. I genuinely believe the only reason I'm still alive is because I always exercised. I'm amazed my liver survived, I could easily have irreparably damaged it.

So now I definitely look after myself, o exercise almost daily, dont drink alcohol, rareky drink caffeine, dont eat too much crap... I don't expect to live anywhere close to 100 but I di believe there has to be a payback for my years of self abuse and I'm doing all I cam to limit that "

Not always if other aspects were good you could be improving your health as you age …avoiding things like stress, anxiety , insecurity and anger , maintaining a strong inner circle of relationships etc can drastically improve your metabolic profile and reduce age-related inflammation and diseases more so in some cases than ‘so called’ healthy eating and exercise which can in fact harm you.

Think of it as three equal prongs - metal well-being, physical / nutritional habits and lastly genes - we can fully control two thirds.

So if you can’t drag your ass to the gym, give up drinking or smoking, then a Mediterranean diet and 3 very good friends may still be enough to live a king healthy life

By *EAT..85Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Nope. My minds in better nick than my body, but apparently my body ain't bad over all

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Not really no. Am however, looking at keeping my mind healthy, be bog all use if my body is in tip top condition but won't be allowed out because my mind has gone. That scares me a lot more than having a dodgy hip or what have you.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Well I go to the gym regularly but I do eat too much crap so probably not

over a year ago

Categorically not

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Nope, not at all.

Mrs

By *aith SkynbyrdWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere else

Sure am. Working out is so important to me. My summer body is here, now just waiting on summer.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

yep still doing a bit,, keeping in shape for summer hols

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

" Not always if other aspects were good you could be improving your health as you age …avoiding things like stress, anxiety , insecurity and anger , maintaining a strong inner circle of relationships etc can drastically improve your metabolic profile and reduce age-related inflammation and diseases more so in some cases than ‘so called’ healthy eating and exercise which can in fact harm you. "

Stress and anxiety I'm on board with. Do you have any evidence for the others, especially the idea that having a "strong inner circle of relationships" has any impact on metabolic health? There's a fair bit of evidence that never getting married (and also being childless) and living alone is linked with increased happiness, healthiness and also longevity in women.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/28/unmarried-women-are-the-healthiest-and-the-happiest-professor/

over a year ago

Going under the knife soon because I haven’t been looking after it. From marathon runner to marathon feaster!

over a year ago

It's been neglected lately but I'm trying. Definitely a work in progress

By *rHotNotts OP   Man
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

" Not always if other aspects were good you could be improving your health as you age …avoiding things like stress, anxiety , insecurity and anger , maintaining a strong inner circle of relationships etc can drastically improve your metabolic profile and reduce age-related inflammation and diseases more so in some cases than ‘so called’ healthy eating and exercise which can in fact harm you.

Stress and anxiety I'm on board with. Do you have any evidence for the others, especially the idea that having a "strong inner circle of relationships" has any impact on metabolic health? There's a fair bit of evidence that never getting married (and also being childless) and living alone is linked with increased happiness, healthiness and also longevity in women.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/28/unmarried-women-are-the-healthiest-and-the-happiest-professor/ "

Pop science for the top shelf of service stations , right next to Jordan Peterson how to be happy by buying my latest books. Yes he does the odd lecture at LSE to promote his latest book

Post new Message to Thread