Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shamima Begum

Jump to newest

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Lost her appeal to return to the U.K, what’s people’s thoughts on this.

I’m split between keep the traitorous bitch in Syria, and let her in she’s a fuckable hottie !

Answers on a postcard please !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Lost her appeal to return to the U.K, what’s people’s thoughts on this.

I’m split between keep the traitorous bitch in Syria, and let her in she’s a fuckable hottie !

Answers on a postcard please ! "

How about let her in because we had no legal grounds to revoke the British passport of a person born in Britain, who has only ever lived in Britain and who has only ever held a British passport?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

(Bit)

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

She was groomed by terrorists, and aided by Canadian i telligence, when she was 15 years old. Her three children have been killed. To the extent that she still represents a threat, it seems a case for psychiatric and theological intervention in the UK, which is her home.

Quite apart from the appalling attitude towards someone who was a child when she left, groomed by an older man, it sets an appalling precedent that anyone who might even in theory be entitled to citizenship elsewhere - even if they don't have it, or have never lived there, or would be at risk there - can be thrown to the wolves.

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

Here we fucking go...

over a year ago

How about let her in because we had no legal grounds to revoke the British passport of a person born in Britain, who has only ever lived in Britain and who has only ever held a British passport?"

You're right, she can't be left stateless. However they can revoke her citizenship if she has claim to another countries citizenship (father/mother etc). However you are not automatically British just because you were born on British soil.

F

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

How about let her in because we had no legal grounds to revoke the British passport of a person born in Britain, who has only ever lived in Britain and who has only ever held a British passport?"

Interesting point John, but on the other hand Belmarsh is full of ISIS supporting scumbags like the killers of Lee Rigby, love my taxes keeping these pillars of society in PS4’s

By *parky4gMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

It will all come out what a naughty terrorist she has been there is more to this story to come out.

She is also an awful lier

By *ottom charlieMan
over a year ago

washington

there is no easy answer to this how would all the people who say let her back into the country feel if we do let her in and a year or two from now she plants a bomb or goes into a infants school and kills a number of small children coz she lost her children while out in syria,,

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Answers on a postcard please ! there is no easy answer to this how would all the people who say let her back into the country feel if we do let her in and a year or two from now she plants a bomb or goes into a infants school and kills a number of small children coz she lost her children while out in syria,, "

The same as I'd feel if anyone did it. Awful. But we can't prevent terrorism by deporting citizens just in case.

If she represents a danger, let her be tried and, if necessary,imprisoned.

By *hocolate37Man
over a year ago

Heathrow

How about let her in because we had no legal grounds to revoke the British passport of a person born in Britain, who has only ever lived in Britain and who has only ever held a British passport?

You're right, she can't be left stateless. However they can revoke her citizenship if she has claim to another countries citizenship (father/mother etc). However you are not automatically British just because you were born on British soil.

F"

Bangladesh beat the UK to it, by refusing her citizenship via her father, as she'd never actually been there.

And you're usually automatically a British citizen if you were both: born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983; or born when one of your parents was a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK. She ticks both boxes.

By *heeky wiggles2020Man
over a year ago

near the seaside

Ok , leaving someone essentially stateless is an awful result of their own actions

Yes , actions when she was very young but actions that weren’t naive

She knew what they were preaching and she left home and travelled thousands of miles to support the goal

Now she clearly regrets and says

Well I wouldn’t do it again so can we just put it all behind us

Thanks

Well no

There are a millions of people from sober alcoholics to recovering drug addicts to young speeeding drivers who lost their licence that would love to just say oh well

I was ( insert sob story ) so can I just come back and carry on as if nothing has happened and none of my mistakes happened

And societies answer is no

You can change , but your mistakes still happened

so why should she be an exception

I accept her mistakes were of a nature that have effected her citizenry but if the niche cult she had supported had been more successful and she was essentially some sort of queen now she would look back or care

So you made your bed

Don’t have a tantrum when your told you got to lie in it

over a year ago

F

Bangladesh beat the UK to it, by refusing her citizenship via her father, as she'd never actually been there.

And you're usually automatically a British citizen if you were both: born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983; or born when one of your parents was a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK. She ticks both boxes."

Yes, but as I state you aren't automatically British just because you're born on British soil. Other requirements must be met ie the status of the parent. I'm not interested in her case so have not made myself aware of her rights.

F

By *hocolate37Man
over a year ago

Heathrow

F

And you're usually automatically a British citizen if you were both: born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983; or born when one of your parents was a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK. She ticks both boxes.

Yes, but as I state you aren't automatically British just because you're born on British soil. Other requirements must be met ie the status of the parent. I'm not interested in her case so have not made myself aware of her rights.

F"

Yep, that's what I just clarified...like I said, she meets the criteria. Her father was considered "settled" at the time of her birth (1999/2000), although he has since returned to Bangladesh.

By *irty_DeedsMan
over a year ago

Teesside

Play silly games, win silly prizes. No sympathy!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Ok , leaving someone essentially stateless is an awful result of their own actions

She knew what they were preaching and she left home and travelled thousands of miles to support the goal

Thanks

Well no

There are a millions of people from sober alcoholics to recovering drug addicts to young speeeding drivers who lost their licence that would love to just say oh well

I was ( insert sob story ) so can I just come back and carry on as if nothing has happened and none of my mistakes happened

I accept her mistakes were of a nature that have effected her citizenry but if the niche cult she had supported had been more successful and she was essentially some sort of queen now she would look back or care

So you made your bed

Don’t have a tantrum when your told you got to lie in it "

In the eyes on the law is a 15 year old an adult or a child…..

over a year ago

Britain made her. She should be our problem to solve.

Try her here, and if she's found guilty, send her to prison.

Making her stateless is a stupid solution. What do we do next time we don't like a British citizen, but that citizen doesn't happen to have a Bangladeshi parent?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

F"

However she most definitely is British (as explsined by someone else on the thread) so I'm not sure of the relevance of you point?

By *heeky wiggles2020Man
over a year ago

near the seaside

"Ok , leaving someone essentially stateless is an awful result of their own actions

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

In the eyes on the law is a 15 year old an adult or a child….."

Well the age of criminal responsibility is 11 I believe don’t quote me just google it ,, so criminally responsible

Absolutely

Adult or child also easy

I minor

So if she had been caught I don’t know stabbing someone or setting fire to a car

The Crime would have resulted in starting the sentence in a young offenders

Then transitioning to an adult prison upon turning 18 or 21 depending on the length of the time to serve

So was she old enough to be held cognitively competent to be responsible

Absolutely

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"

So if she had been caught I don’t know stabbing someone or setting fire to a car

Then transitioning to an adult prison upon turning 18 or 21 depending on the length of the time to serve

Absolutely "

Do people who set fire to a car lose their citizenship?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

Everybody deserves a route to rehabilitation and redemption, revoking citizenship really is a life sentence. More concerning is it's a political decision taken by the executive and not the judiciary.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

F"

She doesn't actually have recourse to Bangladeshi citizenship though. You have to have exercised your right to claim your Bangladeshi citizenship before you turn 18. Which she did not ever do, I don't believe she has even been to the country. Her only state claim is to Britain.

By *YDB75Man
over a year ago

easy yorkshire

Did you watch the documentary on BBC 2. It changed my opinion slightly

By *heeky wiggles2020Man
over a year ago

near the seaside

"

Absolutely

Do people who set fire to a car lose their citizenship?"

I appreciate you trying to snap cut my previous explanation out of context to try and make your point

That it’s awful that her citizenry is in question

But she didn’t set fire to a car or even stab someone

She espoused a hatred of Britain and travelled to support a cult who’s aims were to over throw regimes and change the world order and if they could of

Which befor morons try and say different

I TOTALLY KNOW THEY COULD NOT HAVE DONE , But if they could of taken over every where in the world and impose these beliefs they would of

And she jumped to that ship

And sometimes when you jump something falls out your pocket

And in this case

What fell out her pocket as she jumped

Was her pass port

And it fell down and drain and she can’t get it back

Look befor you leap some might say

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I watched a documentary about her, exploring/ describing her journey from a 15 year old to today.

Until I had seen the documentary I was leaning towards her being kept out of the UK, and I am not saying she should necessarily be let in now, but....

... just some points I took away from this.

1. She was a child when she foolishly ran away to join something she did not understand. The rest of her journey was predictable after that, she lost all choices once she got to Syria.

2.She has the right to go to Bangladesh where she would face the death penalty.

3. She has effectively nowhere to go. What happens to people who have no hope, no future and no opportunity of atonement? Are they not likely, with no choice left, to end up in another possible terrorism scenario?

4.What about her family in the UK?

5.She had three children - she lost them all.

I think all this (and more) should have been borne in mind before a decision was made what should happen to her. I don't have the answers either but I am not sure the outcome today is the right one.

I am acutely aware that this is not going to be popular and I understand the reasons why this is so.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Did you watch the documentary on BBC 2. It changed my opinion slightly "

Precisely...

over a year ago

F

She doesn't actually have recourse to Bangladeshi citizenship though. You have to have exercised your right to claim your Bangladeshi citizenship before you turn 18. Which she did not ever do, I don't believe she has even been to the country. Her only state claim is to Britain. "

not quite my understanding (of the UK's position)

You have citizenship thru bloodline. It lapses at 21 unless you apply for it to remain. But as it will be her only citizenship it will automatically remain.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I watched a documentary about her, exploring/ describing her journey from a 15 year old to today.

Until I had seen the documentary I was leaning towards her being kept out of the UK, and I am not saying she should necessarily be let in now, but....

1. She was a child when she foolishly ran away to join something she did not understand. The rest of her journey was predictable after that, she lost all choices once she got to Syria.

3. She has effectively nowhere to go. What happens to people who have no hope, no future and no opportunity of atonement? Are they not likely, with no choice left, to end up in another possible terrorism scenario?

I think all this (and more) should have been borne in mind before a decision was made what should happen to her. I don't have the answers either but I am not sure the outcome today is the right one.

I am acutely aware that this is not going to be popular and I understand the reasons why this is so.

"

Did you not know all this before the documentary ? I thought it was widely known. I don’t watch any tv whatsoever and knew all this several years ago

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Did you watch the documentary on BBC 2. It changed my opinion slightly "

Not seen it, I will watch it on catch up at the weekend

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I watched a documentary about her, exploring/ describing her journey from a 15 year old to today.

Did you not know all this before the documentary ? I thought it was widely known. I don’t watch any tv whatsoever and knew all this several years ago "

I did know the factual bits of course - I just watched the documentary and her having grown up a bit. Yes, she may still not be entirely truthful on some aspects but then she may fear repercussions where is is right now.

Dont get me wrong, I am not asking to give her a warm welcome - I am just not sure that today's decision was the best one for the UK, her family and her.

over a year ago

North West

F

She doesn't actually have recourse to Bangladeshi citizenship though. You have to have exercised your right to claim your Bangladeshi citizenship before you turn 18. Which she did not ever do, I don't believe she has even been to the country. Her only state claim is to Britain. not quite my understanding (of the UK's position)

You have citizenship thru bloodline. It lapses at 21 unless you apply for it to remain. But as it will be her only citizenship it will automatically remain. "

Apologies, I thought the time limit to claim in Bangladesh was 18, but it is 21.

A quote from the Guardian:

"It was thought Begum had a claim to Bangladeshi citizenship through her family, but Bangladeshi officials have denied this, leaving her in a state of limbo.

The Bangladeshi foreign minister, Abdul Momen, told ITV News: “We have nothing to do with Shamima Begum. She is not a Bangladeshi citizen. She never applied for Bangladeshi citizenship. She was born in England and her mother is British."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/04/shamima-begum-would-face-death-penalty-in-bangladesh-says-minister

She did not claim her Bangladeshi passport within the required time frame and so she has no recourse to that state. By revoking her British citizenship, we did render her stateless. Whether we like it or not, we aren't allowed to do that.

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

Way too much time spent on this non entity

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

Anyone between the ages of 10 to 18, is legally responsible for their actions. They can be tried in a juvenile court.

over a year ago

F

She doesn't actually have recourse to Bangladeshi citizenship though. You have to have exercised your right to claim your Bangladeshi citizenship before you turn 18. Which she did not ever do, I don't believe she has even been to the country. Her only state claim is to Britain. not quite my understanding (of the UK's position)

You have citizenship thru bloodline. It lapses at 21 unless you apply for it to remain. But as it will be her only citizenship it will automatically remain.

Apologies, I thought the time limit to claim in Bangladesh was 18, but it is 21.

"It was thought Begum had a claim to Bangladeshi citizenship through her family, but Bangladeshi officials have denied this, leaving her in a state of limbo.

The Bangladeshi foreign minister, Abdul Momen, told ITV News: “We have nothing to do with Shamima Begum. She is not a Bangladeshi citizen. She never applied for Bangladeshi citizenship. She was born in England and her mother is British."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/04/shamima-begum-would-face-death-penalty-in-bangladesh-says-minister

She did not claim her Bangladeshi passport within the required time frame and so she has no recourse to that state. By revoking her British citizenship, we did render her stateless. Whether we like it or not, we aren't allowed to do that. "

Well the highest court in the land has. She has threatened the national security of the country and for them to do that it makes me wonder what information/evidence they have which would be classified to us...I think people are forgetting the intelligence beyond our realm that is operating within the confines of counter terrorism

I believe the decision is justified. Keep her out

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Do we think she would actually be safe if she returned to this country? Someone would no doubt make an attempt on her life.

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

F

She did not claim her Bangladeshi passport within the required time frame and so she has no recourse to that state. By revoking her British citizenship, we did render her stateless. Whether we like it or not, we aren't allowed to do that.

Well the highest court in the land has. She has threatened the national security of the country and for them to do that it makes me wonder what information/evidence they have which would be classified to us...I think people are forgetting the intelligence beyond our realm that is operating within the confines of counter terrorism

I believe the decision is justified. Keep her out"

I quite agree. There is so much intel that the powers that be are aware of in trying to keep this country safe - not just in relation to her.

And for those of you who still insist her citizenship was revoked illegally - it wasn't. It's not without precedence & has now been argued twice at the highest court in the land and the decision upheld.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

you disgust me

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Here we fucking go..."

what does that mean? what does it ask ? what does it say ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It will all come out what a naughty terrorist she has been there is more to this story to come out.

She is also an awful lier "

What act of terrorism did she enact ? What lies did she tell ?

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

She made her choice, leave her there

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Answers on a postcard please ! there is no easy answer to this how would all the people who say let her back into the country feel if we do let her in and a year or two from now she plants a bomb or goes into a infants school and kills a number of small children coz she lost her children while out in syria,, "

oh well ........ if we believe in what ifs........ what if we don't let her into this country and she would have stopped the next atrocity that would have killed all our children? Omg .....what if , what if

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Answers on a postcard please ! there is no easy answer to this how would all the people who say let her back into the country feel if we do let her in and a year or two from now she plants a bomb or goes into a infants school and kills a number of small children coz she lost her children while out in syria,,

oh well ........ if we believe in what ifs........ what if we don't let her into this country and she would have stopped the next atrocity that would have killed all our children? Omg .....what if , what if "

She’s a terrorist, whether groomed or not, she needs to live with that choice, no sympathy I’m afraid

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

You know what is a crime in this country? All adults are allowed a vote. Age may be necessary but is sure as hell isn't sufficient.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

In the eyes on the law is a 15 year old an adult or a child…..

Well the age of criminal responsibility is 11 I believe don’t quote me just google it ,, so criminally responsible

Absolutely

Adult or child also easy

I minor

Absolutely "

You are so right. I don't know how we haven't voted her into being prime minister, she's so fucking aged and wise.......

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Absolutely

Do people who set fire to a car lose their citizenship?

I appreciate you trying to snap cut my previous explanation out of context to try and make your point

That it’s awful that her citizenry is in question

But she didn’t set fire to a car or even stab someone

She espoused a hatred of Britain and travelled to support a cult who’s aims were to over throw regimes and change the world order and if they could of

Which befor morons try and say different

I TOTALLY KNOW THEY COULD NOT HAVE DONE , But if they could of taken over every where in the world and impose these beliefs they would of

And she jumped to that ship

And sometimes when you jump something falls out your pocket

And in this case

What fell out her pocket as she jumped

Was her pass port

And it fell down and drain and she can’t get it back

Look befor you leap some might say "

Quite. It's citizenship. Not citizenry ....... two different things and that's not being pedantic that's the difference between fact and subjective shite.

over a year ago

Interesting point John, but on the other hand Belmarsh is full of ISIS supporting scumbags like the killers of Lee Rigby, love my taxes keeping these pillars of society in PS4’s "

The person who killed Lee was a convert Muslim

These convert Muslims are the ones Pple have to watch

They are extremists , these are the ones who think it’s ok to kill and be some kind of a Martyr.

They aren’t even real Muslims. A real Muslim wouldn’t do that

By *ixey and CopperCouple
over a year ago

Taunton

If anyone has a 15 year old child they'll know they are immature, heads all over the place and inbetween being a child and becoming an adult.

Still learning life and starting to make decisions...

Now imagine that immature child in a toxic environment being fed lies and false information and promises (probably before the age of 15)

Now imagine that child is white British

over a year ago

Oh... This one.

She left when she was a child, yes. But she didn't just leave and run off to her mates house. She got on a plane and went across the world. At 15 she knew what she was doing is series.

It isn't our say as to her citizenship, if they have revoked it they have a good reason too.

It sucks for her, it does. But that's life. She was an adult and choose to stay. She's only know wanting to come back because she has nothing left in Syria.

over a year ago

F

I quite agree. There is so much intel that the powers that be are aware of in trying to keep this country safe - not just in relation to her.

And for those of you who still insist her citizenship was revoked illegally - it wasn't. It's not without precedence & has now been argued twice at the highest court in the land and the decision upheld. "

Absolutely, we walk around living in pure ignorance of the forces around us working hard so we can stay living in ignorance.....People spouting about Begums rights and her entitlements don't realise that by giving her what she wants we are on a slippy slope to compromising our rights and entitlements because letting her back would be detriment to our British Values.

By *pank the MonkeyCouple
over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

No no no, I'm not getting involved in this today!!!!

over a year ago

"No no no, I'm not getting involved in this today!!!!"

Thanks for the insight

over a year ago

"No no no, I'm not getting involved in this today!!!!

Thanks for the insight "

Read yesterday's thread on the same subject, I was all over it and I gave up

over a year ago

Thanks for the insight

Read yesterday's thread on the same subject, I was all over it and I gave up"

I did read it and I participated. I thought the thread read well with valid points from all sides. But unfortunately for you a case with such emotion will evoke strong opinions.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

As with all such threads, this has proved both enlightening and instructive.

Thank you to all.

over a year ago

So your answer to someone being groomed for sex, got pregnant 3 times and had those babies die...is that they are a "fuckable hottie"....

You should be ashamed of yourself...

over a year ago

Thanks for the insight

Read yesterday's thread on the same subject, I was all over it and I gave up

I did read it and I participated. I thought the thread read well with valid points from all sides. But unfortunately for you a case with such emotion will evoke strong opinions. "

You are quite right.

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

My only thought is your opening post made me feel very uncomfortable, on more than one levels.

By *urhamdebbiecdTV/TS
over a year ago

bishop auckland

Keep her out

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

The legal grounds were sound. Her mother was a Bangladeshi national. Bangladesh, like many countries, automatically confers citizenship on a child born to it's citizens irrespective of where the child is born. So technically, Begum held dual citizenship. You might say that is dubious morally, but then she betrayed her country of birth, the UK.

By *ip2Man
over a year ago

Near Maidenhead

I find impossible to read the report of Human Rights Watch on her case and not be sympathetic.

Free Movement wrote, "The Special Immigration Appeals Commission that heard her case concluded that she was a victim of trafficking, which was not something the Home Secretary who took the decision to strip her of her citizenship had considered at all, but that, nevertheless, the decision was lawful".

I find this is astonishing.

I am glad that Begum has supporters. Surely it is unjust?

She is a product of Britain. All her problems are British problems. I believe she should be given the chance to be represented and to plead her case in a British court.

over a year ago

"It will all come out what a naughty terrorist she has been there is more to this story to come out.

What act of terrorism did she enact ? What lies did she tell ?"

She was a morality police with ISIS and even sewed suicide bombers into their vests.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"However you are not automatically British just because you were born on British soil.

F"

What! You mean a dog born in a stable isn't automatically a horse?

Sheesh, every day is a school day here

By *hatBeardedChapMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I find impossible to read the report of Human Rights Watch on her case and not be sympathetic.

Free Movement wrote, "The Special Immigration Appeals Commission that heard her case concluded that she was a victim of trafficking, which was not something the Home Secretary who took the decision to strip her of her citizenship had considered at all, but that, nevertheless, the decision was lawful".

She is a product of Britain. All her problems are British problems. I believe she should be given the chance to be represented and to plead her case in a British court."

No she was not trafficked & here's "the definition just so to not confuse you the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of people through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit" she and her two friends went willingly..they chose to fly out of the UK they chose to go to what ever country it was to be smuggled into a warzone and they chose to do the things they did two of them payed with their lives...Good & this terrorist gets to pay with her citizenship I mean I'd sooner her get the death penalty but small price to pay to ensure she doesn't end up back in the UK

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

She was a morality police with ISIS and even sewed suicide bombers into their vests. "

Those are rumours not fact.

She should be trialed in Britain. She is our problem. Seems unfair just to dump her on another country.

There's a 10 part BBC podcast that will give folk more of an insight into her experience with what went on during that period.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

"“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice "

No its not

over a year ago

F

And for those of you who still insist her citizenship was revoked illegally - it wasn't. It's not without precedence & has now been argued twice at the highest court in the land and the decision upheld.

Absolutely, we walk around living in pure ignorance of the forces around us working hard so we can stay living in ignorance.....People spouting about Begums rights and her entitlements don't realise that by giving her what she wants we are on a slippy slope to compromising our rights and entitlements because letting her back would be detriment to our British Values."

6 years ago I would have probably agreed with her sympathisers that she should be allowed back into the UK.

As someone who was directly affected by the Manchester Arena terrorist attack I now say no. I agree we don't have a clue what intelligence is held on her and the threat she might pose.

If Salman Abedi hadn't been allowed back in this country when he visited Libya and Syria 22 innocent people would still be alive and thousands wouldn't have been physically and mentally injured.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice

No its not"

Haaaave you you met Ted? Okay his name is not Ted, it's Sarcasm. But I think you two should get to know and be familiar with each other. Always good to know when a sarcasm shows up.

over a year ago

She was a morality police with ISIS and even sewed suicide bombers into their vests.

She should be trialed in Britain. She is our problem. Seems unfair just to dump her on another country.

There's a 10 part BBC podcast that will give folk more of an insight into her experience with what went on during that period."

She dumped herself on another country. She willingly flew out to Syria to join ISIS. The UK isn't dumping her on any country by stripping her citizenship.

By *oofy321Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

Im torn by this

But she was groomed, these people can persuade others to fly planes into buildings, set off suicide vests so God knows how easy is was to groom a confused 15yr girl...

Is she a threat? No because her face is everywhere

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

There's a 10 part BBC podcast that will give folk more of an insight into her experience with what went on during that period.

She dumped herself on another country. She willingly flew out to Syria to join ISIS. The UK isn't dumping her on any country by stripping her citizenship. "

Stripping her of her British citizenship while she is in another country is essentially dumping her there. She can't legally go anywhere. It's now their problem. They didn't ask her to come over.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"I find impossible to read the report of Human Rights Watch on her case and not be sympathetic.

She is a product of Britain. All her problems are British problems. I believe she should be given the chance to be represented and to plead her case in a British court. No she was not trafficked & here's "the definition just so to not confuse you the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of people through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit" she and her two friends went willingly..they chose to fly out of the UK they chose to go to what ever country it was to be smuggled into a warzone and they chose to do the things they did two of them payed with their lives...Good & this terrorist gets to pay with her citizenship I mean I'd sooner her get the death penalty but small price to pay to ensure she doesn't end up back in the UK"

Non of that alters the fact that she was groomed

over a year ago

Good, she can stay in exile

over a year ago

Why are we even talking about this?she was and probably still connected to ISIS,she is a threat to homeland security

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

Good. She can stay where she is. I have no sympathy at all. She shouldn’t be allowed back ever.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Im torn by this

But she was groomed, these people can persuade others to fly planes into buildings, set off suicide vests so God knows how easy is was to groom a confused 15yr girl...

Is she a threat? No because her face is everywhere "

Agreed exactly this x

over a year ago

She is a product of Britain. All her problems are British problems. I believe she should be given the chance to be represented and to plead her case in a British court. No she was not trafficked & here's "the definition just so to not confuse you the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of people through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit" she and her two friends went willingly..they chose to fly out of the UK they chose to go to what ever country it was to be smuggled into a warzone and they chose to do the things they did two of them payed with their lives...Good & this terrorist gets to pay with her citizenship I mean I'd sooner her get the death penalty but small price to pay to ensure she doesn't end up back in the UK

Non of that alters the fact that she was groomed"

And being "groomed" doesn't alter the fact that she willingly joined an illegal organisation who murdered hundreds, if not more, innocent children. You're just signalling how virtuous you are by trying to defend a monster.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

She is a product of Britain. All her problems are British problems. I believe she should be given the chance to be represented and to plead her case in a British court. No she was not trafficked & here's "the definition just so to not confuse you the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of people through force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them for profit" she and her two friends went willingly..they chose to fly out of the UK they chose to go to what ever country it was to be smuggled into a warzone and they chose to do the things they did two of them payed with their lives...Good & this terrorist gets to pay with her citizenship I mean I'd sooner her get the death penalty but small price to pay to ensure she doesn't end up back in the UK

Non of that alters the fact that she was groomed

And being "groomed" doesn't alter the fact that she willingly joined an illegal organisation who murdered hundreds, if not more, innocent children. You're just signalling how virtuous you are by trying to defend a monster."

I think the fact she was groomed, by defibition suggests she didn't join willingly

Can you tell her how and when I defended her please?

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Do we think she would actually be safe if she returned to this country? Someone would no doubt make an attempt on her life.

"

That is indeed an argument to keep her out in my view.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"My only thought is your opening post made me feel very uncomfortable, on more than one levels."

Somewhat surprising that it wasn't pulled by the moderators, to preserve both the integrity of the site and the welfare of the OP.

over a year ago

I see there has been mention of the BBC podcast detailing her experiences since leaving the UK.

Now I haven't heard this podcast, but the man responsible for the podcast, was interviewed outside the court yesterday after the decision was made.

They showed a clip were she states that she knows she will not be let back into the UK and accepts the reasons why.

She blames herself and no one else for her actions which have lead to her situation.

I don't know what she will do now, but I wish her luck, as a foot note her defence have implied that they are not finished yet.

By *leu De Chanel gentMan
over a year ago

near Edenbridge

She is clearly not a threat to the UK.

There are UK politicians doing far more damage to the UK than Sharma herself can do

BUT if Sharma comes back to the UK she will damage politicians authority as the politicians will be attacked for letting her back in the country. There is no way she’s coming back to the UK as she poses a threat to UK policians and not to the UK itself.

So Sharma is basically a victim now of far right wing politicians

She was a child when she made a massive mistake. I doubt she’ll ever be let back into the UK. If she was white and not a Muslim maybe. Her life is fucked

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

She was a morality police with ISIS and even sewed suicide bombers into their vests. "

And you know this how ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Why are we even talking about this?she was and probably still connected to ISIS,she is a threat to homeland security "

And what about all the male freedom fighters that fought for the islamic state and then came back to Britain..... why are they still here ?

By *mateur100Man
over a year ago

nr faversham

"Why are we even talking about this?she was and probably still connected to ISIS,she is a threat to homeland security

And what about all the male freedom fighters that fought for the islamic state and then came back to Britain..... why are they still here ?"

I agree but that's another thread

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I really am not sure of my thoughts on this. She was 15. Although I wouldn't have got into anything like that I wasn't always aware of my actions at that age

over a year ago

Thanks

Well no

So you made your bed

I suppose in who's law are you working from hers (sharia law) or British law cant have it both ways you reap what you sow.

By *umamoto88Man
over a year ago

leeds

Is she on fab ?what her user name ?

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

Seem to remember her comments regarding m e n arena bomb being a great thing .

By *ommyTighMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The country she turned her back on owes her nothing - she’s made her bed….

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

you disgust me"

She’s living in Syria in a rat infested shit-hole, with rubbish and disease everywhere……..it’s like Liverpool but with a sunnier climate

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice "

You on the NHS waiting list for a sense of humour bypass reversal ?

Remember my King will be kind !

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice

Remember my King will be kind ! "

What you said isn't humorous

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

F

And you're usually automatically a British citizen if you were both: born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983; or born when one of your parents was a British citizen or 'settled' in the UK. She ticks both boxes."

Bangladeshi nationality follows the legal principle of 'jus sanguinis' (citizenship through a right of blood). Begum's mother was Bangladeshi, and so she automatically took Bangladeshi citizenship at birth. Being born in the UK, she was also entitled to UK citizenship. But international law allowed our government to revoke UK citizenship where dual nationality is held.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"“A fuckable hottie”

That’s nice

Remember my King will be kind ! "

No. Are you?

over a year ago

yikes

over a year ago

She should be kept out she was a dual national and can live in the other country she holds nationality for

She was more than capable of making her own decision , knew what horror's were being committed didn't care as the twisted version of faith was more important.

By *urious couple22Couple
over a year ago

Derby

You will get people saying she didn't know what she was doing and that she's now remorseful I would put money on it she doesn't really give a fuck you can see that in the interview although I have to say that there should be some consistency there using her as a poster girl to the British people but the reality of it is there are isis men who have actually committed violence and although I bet she has done the same you can't not let one back in but allow the rest back in they should be consistent and not let any of them in.

over a year ago

I agree needs to be a zero tolerance policy in place.

over a year ago

We only see one side of the story, hers. The information the government hold on her is classified. It is extremely likely she was present when beheadings were carried out, and also it has been suggested she also carried some out herself. Do we really want someone who has done that back in our country?

People are being taken in by her hard luck story, she is not however the victim here.

over a year ago

North West

F

Bangladeshi nationality follows the legal principle of 'jus sanguinis' (citizenship through a right of blood). Begum's mother was Bangladeshi, and so she automatically took Bangladeshi citizenship at birth. Being born in the UK, she was also entitled to UK citizenship. But international law allowed our government to revoke UK citizenship where dual nationality is held. "

Serious question then, why do the Bangladeshis refuse to accept that she is a citizen? Surely they can't leave a person stateless any more than the UK can?

over a year ago

Certain other countries don't stick to the law as much as we do in the UK.

And they don't want a known terrorist/ extremist in their country despite already having loads to start with

over a year ago

This country needs to decide where it sits with how it treats 15yo

"She's made her bed, she should lie in it".

*Burns down a city because someone else tries to lie on it*.

Tbh we seem to lack the ability to have two competing thoughts in our head.

She is likely both a victim (the judges said this was likely, and also being groomed for sex) AND done and seen some terrible shit.

This black and white thinking not only permeates society bit also the decision making. While the HO decision appears to be legal, I find the moral side harder. We've found a loop hole to make her someone else's problem. That won't work for the next 15yo who is groomed. It gives us little high ground for if another country gets in first with revoking citizenship (which irrc may have happened recently with one of the child gang groomers)

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

F

Bangladeshi nationality follows the legal principle of 'jus sanguinis' (citizenship through a right of blood). Begum's mother was Bangladeshi, and so she automatically took Bangladeshi citizenship at birth. Being born in the UK, she was also entitled to UK citizenship. But international law allowed our government to revoke UK citizenship where dual nationality is held.

Serious question then, why do the Bangladeshis refuse to accept that she is a citizen? Surely they can't leave a person stateless any more than the UK can?"

Oh I know the answer to this one!

Is it because she wasn't born there, has never been there, has never held a Bangladeshi passport nor made any claim to Bangladeshi citizenship.

Amd being legally entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship had she applied isn't the same as being a Bangladeshi citizen?

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

F

Serious question then, why do the Bangladeshis refuse to accept that she is a citizen? Surely they can't leave a person stateless any more than the UK can?"

That's a good question. I have no idea why Bangladesh are denying her citizenship. Their Citizenship Act 1951 is clear on the subject. International law does not allow citizenship to be revoked where it leaves an individual stateless, except under exceptional circumstances.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

F

Serious question then, why do the Bangladeshis refuse to accept that she is a citizen? Surely they can't leave a person stateless any more than the UK can?

That's a good question. I have no idea why Bangladesh are denying her citizenship. Their Citizenship Act 1951 is clear on the subject. International law does not allow citizenship to be revoked where it leaves an individual stateless, except under exceptional circumstances. "

There is no "under exceptional circumstances" clause.

over a year ago

she will eventually be allowd back into the country, its only a matter of time.

over a year ago

North West

F

That's a good question. I have no idea why Bangladesh are denying her citizenship. Their Citizenship Act 1951 is clear on the subject. International law does not allow citizenship to be revoked where it leaves an individual stateless, except under exceptional circumstances. "

Well then. An international court needs to tell Bangladesh to uphold its law and provide her with a passport then, if she genuinely does qualify. Then she can go there and will almost certainly be arrested and receive the death penalty (per the foreign minister's earlier comments). I'm sure that will please the majority of people.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"We only see one side of the story, hers. The information the government hold on her is classified. It is extremely likely she was present when beheadings were carried out, and also it has been suggested she also carried some out herself. Do we really want someone who has done that back in our country?

People are being taken in by her hard luck story, she is not however the victim here."

We do have only her side that's true. But that doesn't mean we fill in the gaps with rumours and conjecture. She may or may not have been involved in vile acts. I am the same as you, I have no idea.

Even if she did witness beheadings what would you expect her to do? Try to stop it?

She should be trialed in the UK and if the government does have evidence of crimes committed then use it to convict her. I don't think she should be made another country's problem.

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

F

That's a good question. I have no idea why Bangladesh are denying her citizenship. Their Citizenship Act 1951 is clear on the subject. International law does not allow citizenship to be revoked where it leaves an individual stateless, except under exceptional circumstances.

Well then. An international court needs to tell Bangladesh to uphold its law and provide her with a passport then, if she genuinely does qualify. Then she can go there and will almost certainly be arrested and receive the death penalty (per the foreign minister's earlier comments). I'm sure that will please the majority of people. "

Her UK citizenship was removed while she was still in a position to take up her Bangladesh citizenship, which she needed to do before she was 21.

She didn't take up her citizenship because the crimes she committed would probably lead to her death in Bangladesh.

She is sitting in a Syrian camp, with access to legal representation and the ability to further challenge the Home Secretary's decision. She is not as far as I know in any danger and looks well, which must be a positive considering her lack of remorse, and hateful attitudes towards the people of Manchester and the UK as recently as 2019.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Play silly games, win silly prizes. No sympathy!"

Do you hold a similar view for the children who were victims of the Asian paedophiles, given many believed they were in legitimate relationships with their abusers?

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"That's a good question. I have no idea why Bangladesh are denying her citizenship. "

Why would they if they didn't have to? Politically/socially she's a hot potato.

over a year ago

Having seen the most recent interviews with her, she is hardly helping her own case. She presents as cocky and not in the least remorseful. She was clearly groomed, however, the way she acts does not show she is wiling to atone for her actions. Whoever is advising her is doing a piss poor job. Her current attitude is certainly not garnering much in the way of sympathy so will continue to rub people up the wrong way and make them less willing to allow her back. Interesting to see her try and present herself as a well dressed westernised person. If they allow her back then someone is going to have to do an amazing job of identity change.

over a year ago

Don’t worry heard she heading to UK as we speak. Half way across the English Channel in rubber dinky. She might as well every figger else is.

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leeds

So your answer to someone being groomed for sex, got pregnant 3 times and had those babies die...is that they are a "fuckable hottie"....

You should be ashamed of yourself...

"

That Lingerie…..rearrange the phrase black, pot, calling, kettle

By *astlincscoupleCouple
over a year ago

Tinsel Town

No, I don't think she should be allowed back.

over a year ago

Let the bitch rot in Syria.

over a year ago

North West

OP, there's absolutely no need for personal insults against other posters who might disagree with you.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"OP, there's absolutely no need for personal insults against other posters who might disagree with you. "

Shhhhh! It's the best he has. Don't be shaming his abilities.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"This country needs to decide where it sits with how it treats 15yo

"She's made her bed, she should lie in it".

*Burns down a city because someone else tries to lie on it*.

Tbh we seem to lack the ability to have two competing thoughts in our head.

She is likely both a victim (the judges said this was likely, and also being groomed for sex) AND done and seen some terrible shit.

This black and white thinking not only permeates society bit also the decision making. While the HO decision appears to be legal, I find the moral side harder. We've found a loop hole to make her someone else's problem. That won't work for the next 15yo who is groomed. It gives us little high ground for if another country gets in first with revoking citizenship (which irrc may have happened recently with one of the child gang groomers)"

Probably the most sensible post I have seen - many seem unable to hold both positions in our heads.

And holding both positions in our head does not mean we allow or disallow her return.

It just means we are not racing towards a binary conclusion. Tbh I still have not quite made up my mind as to what should happen.

By *eantwentytwentytwoMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

She’s sexy but she can stay put.

By *rettyflamingoCouple
over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

"

She’s sexy but she can stay put. "

Really???

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

stockport

Lowest common denominator

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Lowest common denominator "

over a year ago

I don’t think that making something someone else’s problem, solves the problem.

I also know for a fact (sadly) what coercion, abuse & brainwashing does to an adult woman does. Let alone a teenager.

I won’t excuse evil doing, but I will say when good people don’t stop it then we all lose.

I don’t know the answer, but I know that washing our hands of something difficult is not it.

Also - all the fit, fuckable etc comments are revolting.

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

Thinking with cocks an not brains.

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

While she's over there, how is she making a living? is she working, educated, and earning an honest wage?

If she does come back to UK, will she be permitted to work or will her forever living be funded by our taxes and welfare system?

I'd rather my tax help our schools and NHS

over a year ago

North West

"While she's over there, how is she making a living? is she working, educated, and earning an honest wage?

If she does come back to UK, will she be permitted to work or will her forever living be funded by our taxes and welfare system?

I'd rather my tax help our schools and NHS "

She's almost certainly living off charity in the refugee camp she is currently in.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

"Lowest common denominator "

Did you mean Lowest common detonator?

Post new Message to Thread