Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hate Our Jobs Club

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m starting a new club, called the Hate Our Jobs Club. Anyone want to join?

I’ll start. I’ve been tasked with organising an event, and the bright idea of the leadership team is that we hold it during the summer holidays. You know, when everyone’s kids are off school and everything is hugely expensive. So instead of thinking of our staff, we’re doing it then anyway because ‘it’s a privilege to be asked to an event’.

There are plenty of other reasons, but that’s the latest. Bag of Dicks.

Your turn!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m in, but I’m leaving my horrible job in 3 weeks

over a year ago

Everything has to match exactly or we fail our audits. We had a 2 day drama over a missing 1p last week......

over a year ago

What I do day to day doesn’t my job description. Spray and prayed CV last Monday and have interviews lined up today and tomorrow!

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I’m starting a new club, called the Hate Our Jobs Club. Anyone want to join?

I’ll start. I’ve been tasked with organising an event, and the bright idea of the leadership team is that we hold it during the summer holidays. You know, when everyone’s kids are off school and everything is hugely expensive. So instead of thinking of our staff, we’re doing it then anyway because ‘it’s a privilege to be asked to an event’.

Your turn!"

Nope i love mine, if you hate it leave, jobs you dont like but stick, the not like aspect is created either by the people you work with generally or its the exact opposite you love the people but hate the job

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Your turn!"

Bag of dicks

In my experience leaders are way more invested in the business than anyone else, but they assume everyone is at the same level of give-a-shit as them. Nope.

I hate the whole industry in which I work and I hate the wankers in it. My industry is continually slated in the press and I hate having to say what I do because it immediately brings judgement and condemnation. It’s depressing.

Most frustratingly, I have no qualifications to speak of and would never in a million years achieve the same pay anywhere else.

Thank the lord of fab I only have nine years left to work.

over a year ago

Your turn!Nope i love mine, if you hate it leave, jobs you dont like but stick, the not like aspect is created either by the people you work with generally or its the exact opposite you love the people but hate the job "

Thanks macky, that’s never occurred to me before. I’ll quit right now…

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm joining but only because I'm working my notice now

over a year ago

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

In my experience leaders are way more invested in the business than anyone else, but they assume everyone is at the same level of give-a-shit as them. Nope.

I hate the whole industry in which I work and I hate the wankers in it. My industry is continually slated in the press and I hate having to say what I do because it immediately brings judgement and condemnation. It’s depressing.

Most frustratingly, I have no qualifications to speak of and would never in a million years achieve the same pay anywhere else.

Thank the lord of fab I only have nine years left to work."

Are you a traffic warden?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Are you a traffic warden?"

You take that back!!!!!

I’m a lollipop lady.

over a year ago

"Are you a traffic warden?"

That’s exactly what I thought

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Are you a traffic warden?

That’s exactly what I thought "

Why is there no ‘tongue pokey outy’ emoji on this bloody app??!!!

over a year ago

Your turn!"

Wait there’s a singles party I didn’t know about

By *orksfuncoupleCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

Party pooper here, love my job, building is closed till May for renovation works and I'm off on full salary till then! Don't hate me!

over a year ago

I can only have honorary membership of this club as I've retired . Luckily I enjoyed my job for the most part especially the people. But I do also know that life can be rubbish if you hate your job.

By *r_GreyscaleMan
over a year ago

Baldock

I'm out, I'm one of those smug people who enjoy their job

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

This time last year I could have filled this thread, thankfully I now have a job I love.

How about this historical gem. A manager losing his temper and shouting at a team member for 10 minutes accusing the team member if insubordination and disrespecting their colleagues. Their crime, asking what the implementation plan was for a new IT system that they'd known was being installed for months but no planning had been announced, nor as it turned out even planned.

over a year ago

I’m out

I hate my job

But bigger fish to fry at the moment

over a year ago

"Wait there’s a singles party I didn’t know about "

Eurghhhhhh don’t, now I feel slightly sick at the thought of all my colleagues naked on a Big Bed…

over a year ago

"Party pooper here, love my job, building is closed till May for renovation works and I'm off on full salary till then! Don't hate me!"

Get out.

That’s insane! So you’re on This Morning and Official Masturbation Duties now??

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"I'm out, I'm one of those smug people who enjoy their job "

Me too

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Dear OP, can we please at the very least hold the inaugural club 'meet up' in London for a change? I suggest the Home House Club, next door to the English-Speaking Union on Employee Decency & Common Sense. Contemporary attire, of course.

I have exhausted every avenue to improve my job and finally put the feelers out on LinkedIn (or Licked In, whichever comes first).

Fingers crossed for you DedForRanger on your summer event with all the bells and whistles attached around the Maypole.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Why is there no ‘tongue pokey outy’ emoji on this bloody app??!!! "

Like this?

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Like this? "

Oo yes!! And do I write in brackets ‘tongue pokey outy’?

over a year ago

North West

Like this?

Oo yes!! And do I write in brackets ‘tongue pokey outy’? "

Look at "reply and quote" to see the HTML

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

That’s exactly what I thought "

!!!!

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Can I join? For the next few months till I've worked out my notice and no longer have to deal with the inept cockwombles, the sycophants, the willy wavers, the lack of credible leadership and clear direction, the overwork, unrealistic and conflicting objectives, the running around like a headless chicken because some bellend wants something ridiculous doing...

By *erlins5Man
over a year ago

South Fife

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Are you Boris Johnson?

over a year ago

Anybody gone for the counter offer and regretted it?

No I won’t make my own thread

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

The way I look at it is

No one makes you go, there is a door and anyone can quit.

I have a love hate relationship with my job, however I’ve been in it for over 20 years. When on a downer it is more to do with the actual going to work and not the job.

But as the line in quadrophiena, if you don’t go to work you don’t get any money, and I like money.

over a year ago

North West

"Anybody gone for the counter offer and regretted it?

No I won’t make my own thread "

Yes, in the past. It's what prompted me to return to education and abandon the lab life.....

By *azylivingMan
over a year ago

swansea / Bristol

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Politics is tough

By *assie101Woman
over a year ago

Kent

The way I feel about my job really varies. Depends on the time of year.

Bag of dicks is now going to be my go to insult for a collective.

Love that phrase. Thank you

over a year ago

"Wait there’s a singles party I didn’t know about

Eurghhhhhh don’t, now I feel slightly sick at the thought of all my colleagues naked on a Big Bed…

"

More Amy’s than Dave’s in the office

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

"Can I join? For the next few months till I've worked out my notice and no longer have to deal with the inept cockwombles, the sycophants, the willy wavers, the lack of credible leadership and clear direction, the overwork, unrealistic and conflicting objectives, the running around like a headless chicken because some bellend wants something ridiculous doing... "

There must be some downsides too?

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I’m going to whisper it quietly, but I also rather like my job.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

I love my job but I hate the bollocks from managers that goes with it. Let me do my job, you know the thing you haven't done for 20 years.

Although I live my job I would still run away and work in a coffee shop on a Greek island.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Your turn!"

I wanna say I hate my job but they feed me. Lol! yes wages but actual food too...so...

Plus it's great entertainment for me to watch the 20-year-olds mess about and for me to round rings around my 20-something managers too.

The last time I sent an email about my neurodivergent brain to my managers, 2 of them quit. Lol!

I feel another email coming on for the new managers.

I also get free wifi and electricity at work so......

The only thing missing is a shower.

Anytime I don't want to do anything, I just claim health and safety and that makes them anxious. But mostly, I behave and putter about until my retirement.

I'm usually the last person to go home with the manager/supervisor because I've been there so long, I know what to do in an emergency....like when they don't know how to lock the door or set the alarm. Lol! Plus I live nearby. It's 10 minutes on my e-bike. No trains, no buses, no parking. no speed cameras...not that I cycle that fast.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Hugs. I wanted to be a lawyer but the environment was toxic to me and I didn't know I was neurodivergent.

I can't imagine not working but that's due to my neurodivergent traits. I can't sit at home doing nothing...that's like my worst nightmare. yeah, the first lockdown was bad. The second lockdown I hired a personal trainer to see twice a week.

I volunteered for Citizens Advice and that's a lot like legal advisory work so if anything I will go back to working for the legal charities like Citizens Advice or Shelter. the people and the environment are much nicer and they actually get that hey everyone is different and comes from different backgrounds and capabilities. And I never saw my managers and supervisors at Citizens advice talk to anyone like trash. Paid workers or volunteers.

And we are trained not to judge or talk down to people no matter their circumstances.

For my retirement job, I hope I can sweep the beaches, in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"Can I join? For the next few months till I've worked out my notice and no longer have to deal with the inept cockwombles, the sycophants, the willy wavers, the lack of credible leadership and clear direction, the overwork, unrealistic and conflicting objectives, the running around like a headless chicken because some bellend wants something ridiculous doing...

There must be some downsides too? "

Don't get me started on those or I'll bore the pants off you!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I love my job but I hate the bollocks from managers that goes with it. Let me do my job, you know the thing you haven't done for 20 years.

Although I live my job I would still run away and work in a coffee shop on a Greek island. "

I'm with you on the Greek island bit.

over a year ago

I don't hate my job... just the ridiculous tick box courses I need to attend.

Which is why I'm currently perving at OPs pictures rather than working... lol x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I hate my job -

I don't have a lock on my office door

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Wait there’s a singles party I didn’t know about

"

All my colleagues are young so are no doubt shagging each other. Lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I hate my job -

I don't have a lock on my office door "

I lock myself in the loo. Lol! We all do.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Politics is tough "

Lol!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I hate my job -

I lock myself in the loo. Lol! We all do."

Brb just going to the loo lol

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Can I join? For the next few months till I've worked out my notice and no longer have to deal with the inept cockwombles, the sycophants, the willy wavers, the lack of credible leadership and clear direction, the overwork, unrealistic and conflicting objectives, the running around like a headless chicken because some bellend wants something ridiculous doing... "

"the running around like a headless chicken because some bellend wants something ridiculous doing..."

This exactly described many of my customers. Lol!

When I've had enough, I go lock myself in the loo and refuse to come out and tell the 20-something manager that I don't get paid enough to talk to dumb customers and my knee hurts and I feel stressed. Lol!

I'm not even bothered if they fire me because then I can get some disability discrimination compensation to retire to the Tropics with a rum bar. I've been to court so many times that I'm not even scared. Try me Bitches!!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I hate my job -

Brb just going to the loo lol"

Lol!

I'm convinced the 20-year-olds are in the loo wanking on their phone when I'm lifting some heavy shit and customers are trying to talk to me at the same time.

over a year ago

I hate mine , but to be fair i just hate the fact i have to.work

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I don't hate my job... just the ridiculous tick box courses I need to attend.

Which is why I'm currently perving at OPs pictures rather than working... lol x"

I love a tick box exercise/course...it means I don't have to talk to customers for hours. Lol! I can scroll through my phone while pretending to take notes with my phone. Lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I hate mine , but to be fair i just hate the fact i have to.work "

I wish I was like this. People tell me to stop working and just claim the sick and disability...yeah the last time I tried that I got sicker and ended up in hospital...Hospital is less fun than being stuck at home bored out of my mind or being at work for me. Nope I have to work until I die.

over a year ago

"I hate my job -

I lock myself in the loo. Lol! We all do."

Because watersports at work isn’t pleasant

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I hate my job -

Because watersports at work isn’t pleasant "

I take my own wipes and cleaning products into the work loo and my phone and maybe even a book. Lol!

Yes I'm anal, obsessive, strategic and detail focused. Hence why I need to lock myself in the loo and pop a sedative. Lol! I mean they are prescribed....if they drug-tested us. I don't think I would get away with swigging from a flask in the work loo.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I love my job, I hate that I have do do it from home, it's so boring, the pots keep asking me to wash them, the kids driving me insane all while trying to get some work done.

Mrs

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm indifferent to my job. Neither love or hate. Has its shit moments but I landed quite well with it.

over a year ago

"I'm indifferent to my job. Neither love or hate. Has its shit moments but I landed quite well with it. "

You got hot chicks in the office too?

over a year ago

I work for a very well known and established phone company and they are run horribly from the inside

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm indifferent to my job. Neither love or hate. Has its shit moments but I landed quite well with it.

You got hot chicks in the office too? "

One of the perks yes!

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"I love my job but I hate the bollocks from managers that goes with it. Let me do my job, you know the thing you haven't done for 20 years.

Although I live my job I would still run away and work in a coffee shop on a Greek island.

I'm with you on the Greek island bit."

If you need a hand sweeping the beach!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Plenty of jobs out there. If you don’t like yours go and get another one.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Plenty of jobs out there. If you don’t like yours go and get another one. "

...and this useful tip was brought to you from the University of the Bleedin' Obvious™.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Your turn!"

It could be worse!

over a year ago

Captain Obvious and the Obvious Troupe are out in full force today I see

By *REEPALESTINEMan
over a year ago

derby

Spend way too much time on this app due to hating my job lol

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Your turn!Nope i love mine, if you hate it leave, jobs you dont like but stick, the not like aspect is created either by the people you work with generally or its the exact opposite you love the people but hate the job

Thanks macky, that’s never occurred to me before. I’ll quit right now…"

lol well its the option or find another job first.

over a year ago

I hated my job. I did have the nerve to quit many of them in the past.

It’s difficult having the confidence to know you will get another job.

You need money! But you don’t need their money. . Do everything you can to get out of a workplace you don’t like.

I’m in a job I really like right now, I can tell you how much better I feel in my life.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple
over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

Your turn!

Bag of dicks

Sadly in my line of work, the leaders don't know how to lead let alone show they're invested in what we do. It's a wonder their attitude hasn't rubbed off on me. I don't know any more whether I'm just an idiot for remaining committed though.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Captain Obvious and the Obvious Troupe are out in full force today I see "
i was in the same job for years loved the job hated the people, so i retrained and love what i do, i have to move around a lot but i love it

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Captain Obvious and the Obvious Troupe are out in full force today I see "
Sometimes the obvious thing to do is just that

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

If you need a hand sweeping the beach! "

Yup!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Plenty of jobs out there. If you don’t like yours go and get another one.

...and this useful tip was brought to you from the University of the Bleedin' Obvious™. "

Lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"

Sadly in my line of work, the leaders don't know how to lead let alone show they're invested in what we do. It's a wonder their attitude hasn't rubbed off on me. I don't know any more whether I'm just an idiot for remaining committed though. "

I'm only committed to my vagina... ok ok and my single daybed. Everything else is Meh.

By *onderWomanWlvWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Me unfortunately. It was a needs must situation at the time I took it. But thankfully my situation has changed now and I'm actively applying for the things I'm actually qualified/experienced in. The interviews are starting to trickle in, and so I'm confident I won't have to stick the old place too much longer

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Plenty of jobs out there. If you don’t like yours go and get another one. "

Easily said, much harder done. Sometimes people are ‘just’ in a trough and suffering while waiting for the next peak.

But, when you’re thinking about the job market, the current level of unemployment in this country is 1.3 million. That’s just under 4% of the workforce.

When you then factor in location radius, skills and qualifications, interests, pay and benefits requirements, availability and all the other things one has to consider, heavily compounded by the ratio of applicants to jobs; this is a daunting and difficult task.

It’s rarely as easy as saying “just get another job”.

over a year ago

Moan or move.

Up to you entirely.

over a year ago

"Everything has to match exactly or we fail our audits. We had a 2 day drama over a missing 1p last week......"

The joys of sage we're assuming

over a year ago

Red, make sure the event has lots of passive aggressive ways of showing they are a bag of dicks

Eg leadership skill 1: eq

leaders have high eq and understand the challenges their staff are going through

Leadership skill 2: listening

Leaders listen to their subordinates and take feed back.

Claim this all via a study done by Sydney University.

over a year ago

Op call on me for mock interview cam scenario I might even put on a suit

over a year ago

"Op call on me for mock interview cam scenario I might even put on a suit "

Do I have to wear specs and be naked? I told you, I’m not doing that again MCR…

By *reepass4meCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

For a bit of balance, we employ staff.

This year we tried to introduce reduced working hours. No catch; same terms and pay just rota of time off.

I kid you not, mass hysteria at the requirement to work a full (remaining) week on any bank holiday week (ie no reduced hrs when there is a bank hol as company needs the coverage to look after customers). Four people resigned.

over a year ago

I don't mind my job.

Other than the fact they make me go in 5 days a week, what's that all about?

over a year ago

I have to say - I found out two guys are paid 50% more than me to do the same job (but they don’t put the shift in as I do)… also interviewed for a similar role to mine and yup it was a pay rise to 50% more.

But to be honest - better to be in a job than leave in a huff

over a year ago

North West

"For a bit of balance, we employ staff.

This year we tried to introduce reduced working hours. No catch; same terms and pay just rota of time off.

I kid you not, mass hysteria at the requirement to work a full (remaining) week on any bank holiday week (ie no reduced hrs when there is a bank hol as company needs the coverage to look after customers). Four people resigned. "

It's rather hard for people with children to get childcare on bank holidays, unless they have family or friends available. I have rarely taken jobs requiring BH working as part of the contract for this very reason. If you are changing people's T&C's after they've been recruited, then you should expect some not to like it. Assuming all statutory consultations were undertaken when amending the rota system that people had agreed to work under?

By *reepass4meCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Sorry if not clear - no working of bank hols at all.

Normal week = reduced work hrs rota.(half staff get time off)

Bank hol week = everyone off a day, so no additional time off, we all work the remaining (usual) 4 days...Rota starts again following week.

No working bank hol, just the other days.

over a year ago

I’m in. I genuinely believe I am the best at my job in my department and yesterday I made an honest mistake. I never make mistakes so I expected my boss to go easy on me but instead he decided to call me out in front of everyone and then talked down to me when I tried to explain myself. He can fuck off!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Your turn!"

Don't mind my work

But the wife will volenter me too others some times it's things I know nothing about at all..

over a year ago

"Op call on me for mock interview cam scenario I might even put on a suit

Do I have to wear specs and be naked? I told you, I’m not doing that again MCR…"

Must be a different guy from MCR. Strictly professional until safe word. I advise something smart, simple and accessorise to show your personality. Not today though footy is on

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I never understand why people spend so much time at a place and with people they don't like?

If you're good at your Job, there are lots of vacancies in all industries with decent pay, so why not change Jobs?

I expect you've been there a long time, it's boring, you now what you need to do and you can get away with doing as little as possible and you're scared of change.

I've been running my own business for 30 years next year in something I'm very passionate about. I'm not rich and sometimes it's a struggle but the places I've been and the people I meet have been amazing.

It's definitely not all plain sailing but I never have that Monday morning feeling, never dread going to work and don't have to answer to anyone.

If you don't like it, change it. I did.

over a year ago

"I never understand why people spend so much time at a place and with people they don't like?

If you're good at your Job, there are lots of vacancies in all industries with decent pay, so why not change Jobs?

I expect you've been there a long time, it's boring, you now what you need to do and you can get away with doing as little as possible and you're scared of change.

I've been running my own business for 30 years next year in something I'm very passionate about. I'm not rich and sometimes it's a struggle but the places I've been and the people I meet have been amazing.

It's definitely not all plain sailing but I never have that Monday morning feeling, never dread going to work and don't have to answer to anyone.

If you don't like it, change it. I did."

Are you hiring and if successful do I get early/late starts for club events?

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"I never understand why people spend so much time at a place and with people they don't like?

Er, the salary and locked in to a generous pension scheme. When I was supporting 5 of us my alternatives were limited and I had to suck it up

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I don't hate my job or career, but I do feel thoroughly uninspired by it. It's a means to an end with good pay and benefits and I've always been the type that didn't know what I wanted to do when inwas in school so it's unlikely I can successfully change careers. Also, it's a cushy desk job with routine hours so easy for me to plan my life around it

over a year ago

Well, I have to climb inside dirty bins and clean up after entitled snobby people who throw rubbish at me so yes I hate my job. It's absolutely minging.

My boss is the best and she makes it all worth it!

By *r_PinkMan
over a year ago

london stratford

I am unemployed.

so I moan I never have enough money

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

If you don't like it, change it. I did.

Are you hiring and if successful do I get early/late starts for club events?"

I just started someone this week, seriously. You would have to introduce me to those club events though.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Plenty of jobs out there. If you don’t like yours go and get another one.

Easily said, much harder done. Sometimes people are ‘just’ in a trough and suffering while waiting for the next peak.

But, when you’re thinking about the job market, the current level of unemployment in this country is 1.3 million. That’s just under 4% of the workforce.

When you then factor in location radius, skills and qualifications, interests, pay and benefits requirements, availability and all the other things one has to consider, heavily compounded by the ratio of applicants to jobs; this is a daunting and difficult task.

It’s rarely as easy as saying “just get another job”."

The jobcentre got me the job I have now. The whole application process was too daunting for me. They know I'm technically crazy so they know not to put me in certain types of jobs...They also kind of monitored my employers for 6 months. Lol! I was on probation but my employers were on probation to help me keep the job and get off the sick!

So with that information, I'm less scared of losing my job so it's taken a lot of the pressure off. Plus I hate staying home sick. Hospital is worst. If I escape the hospital they will send the cops after me so....Best if I don't get sick and have to go on the sick.

One time I had to tell my manager "look, I don't know when I'm coming back to work, the psychiatrist has to let me out! I'm not free to go on my own" Yeah management didn't ask any more questions after that and didn't write me up for sickness procedure.

Luckily I live in London so there are always jobs going. I have no idea what they do in places like Hull, Bradford and Blackpool... at least the job centre is warmer than most people's homes now.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I am unemployed.

so I moan I never have enough money"

Hugs. I can't do it. The last time I was unemployed I said to the woman at the job centre "look I can't stay home, I tried to unalive myself 3 weeks ago. I need to get out of the house".She fucking save my life when the mental health team discharged me with no meds and no therapy.

They gave me a bus pass and sent me to job training and interviews all over south London.

I know people hate jobcentres and the DWP but I'm forever grateful for the help they gave me when I was at a real low life threatening point.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Everything has to match exactly or we fail our audits. We had a 2 day drama over a missing 1p last week......

The joys of sage we're assuming "

Why I'm not on the tills at work. Lol! My brain gets tired and starts giving people the wrong change and scanning the wrong items.

I don't even scan my own shopping when I'm tired. Lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Red, make sure the event has lots of passive aggressive ways of showing they are a bag of dicks

Eg leadership skill 1: eq

leaders have high eq and understand the challenges their staff are going through

Leadership skill 2: listening

Leaders listen to their subordinates and take feed back.

Claim this all via a study done by Sydney University.

"

Lol@sydney uni.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Op call on me for mock interview cam scenario I might even put on a suit

Do I have to wear specs and be naked? I told you, I’m not doing that again MCR…"

I'll just watch the two of you. lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I kid you not, mass hysteria at the requirement to work a full (remaining) week on any bank holiday week (ie no reduced hrs when there is a bank hol as company needs the coverage to look after customers). Four people resigned. "

Cackle. Yeah that would throw me into mass hysteria too.

I think it was the ....final straw for the people who resigned.

My work asked us to come in on Easter Sunday.

The two days for the last 40 years that we didn't have to come in were Easter Sunday and Christmas day.

I know the devout born-again Christian aint coming in.

I'm the irreverent maverick Christian and I ain't going in either and I'm only contracted two days a week.

You know why I'm not going because New year's day I worked and my brain checked out before I left work. I cycled all the way home before I realized that I left my house keys and my purse at work....after the building was locked and everyone had gone home. Thank God the neighbours let me in.

Change is hated by the majority of neurodivergent people and people with mental health conditions. You literally have to hold our hand through it or we freak the fuck out...and resign...lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I don't mind my job.

Other than the fact they make me go in 5 days a week, what's that all about?

"

I gave up working 5 days...on contract. I work two contractual days and I work more...if I feel like it. Lol! Or rather if my brain isn't trying to sabotage me from feeling like it.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I hate my job. I'm paid crap, not appreciated and there is so much back stabbing..

However till I finish my retraining I'd rather stay where I am

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I have to say - I found out two guys are paid 50% more than me to do the same job (but they don’t put the shift in as I do)… also interviewed for a similar role to mine and yup it was a pay rise to 50% more.

But to be honest - better to be in a job than leave in a huff"

Ooh ahh an opportunity to see the inside of the Employment Tribunal.....again...Lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I kid you not, mass hysteria at the requirement to work a full (remaining) week on any bank holiday week (ie no reduced hrs when there is a bank hol as company needs the coverage to look after customers). Four people resigned.

It's rather hard for people with children to get childcare on bank holidays, unless they have family or friends available. I have rarely taken jobs requiring BH working as part of the contract for this very reason. If you are changing people's T&C's after they've been recruited, then you should expect some not to like it. Assuming all statutory consultations were undertaken when amending the rota system that people had agreed to work under? "

Now why would they do a step-by-step process like a consultation to get employee feed back....nah just shoved it in and if they don't like it they can leave....and 4 of them did.

If my managers play dirty with me, I'll play dirty with them. The last time they tried to fire me, they had HR, Occupational Health, the Employee Assistance Programme team, my GP and the employment advisor from the mental health team breathing down their back.

Yeah, they start to panic when I use the words "reasonable adjustments for disabilities and health conditions."

I know plenty of employees who had to be signed off for work-related stress because nobody considered that hey they might freak out if we change their stable routine.

over a year ago

I'm.in.. shit day

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I hate my job. I'm paid crap, not appreciated and there is so much back stabbing..

However till I finish my retraining I'd rather stay where I am "

Me trying to think of anywhere that I've worked where there wasn't back stabbing.

None.

So I play a little game in my head called "cover my ass and collect evidence for the Employment Tribunal"..I've been there 9 years and I and another lady are the only 2 longest-standing employees..Even the managers have been bouncing after a month. lol!

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I'm.in.. shit day"

Hugs

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I’m in. I genuinely believe I am the best at my job in my department and yesterday I made an honest mistake. I never make mistakes so I expected my boss to go easy on me but instead he decided to call me out in front of everyone and then talked down to me when I tried to explain myself. He can fuck off!"

Yeah he would have met BPD me and she doesn't give a fuck. He'd have to call the police and the ambulance and shut the whole place down if he did that to me.

I don't do so well when people are nasty to me.

That's why I come with a warning label.

I'm crazy i.e. don't fuck with me.

over a year ago

"I'm.in.. shit day

Hugs"

Needed thanks

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

I just don't work Mondays any more. Lol!

Yeah every time I have to go to work..something in my brain says "do not go" So I can spend up to two hours convincing myself to go to work even though I hate staying home all of the time!!

It's just my brain. I have to give myself a pep talk to leave the house all of the time...and to get out of bed...and to go the fuck to sleep. smh. this is why I don't have children or a spouse.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I don't hate my job or career, but I do feel thoroughly uninspired by it. It's a means to an end with good pay and benefits and I've always been the type that didn't know what I wanted to do when inwas in school so it's unlikely I can successfully change careers. Also, it's a cushy desk job with routine hours so easy for me to plan my life around it "

I definitely feel underutilized in my job but then I forget my flat keys at work and the neighbours have to let me in.

Yeah I'd rather stay in my easy and safe lane and watch everyone else run around frantically. I'm too old to be frantic anymore.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I'm.in.. shit day

Hugs

Needed thanks"

Hopefully the dry, morbid and sarcastic humour on this thread will cheer you up a bit...

If that fails there's always Fab porn.

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I don’t really hate it. Just a few dickhead that’s all

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"I hate my job. I'm paid crap, not appreciated and there is so much back stabbing..

Me trying to think of anywhere that I've worked where there wasn't back stabbing.

None.

So I play a little game in my head called "cover my ass and collect evidence for the Employment Tribunal"..I've been there 9 years and I and another lady are the only 2 longest-standing employees..Even the managers have been bouncing after a month. lol!"

Maybe they leave because of you

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

This time last year I hated my job so I decide to do something about it.

I am now in a job working for a charity, and I really enjoy it.

If you hate you job, look for a new one. You spend a lot of your life at work so why stay in a job you hate.

over a year ago

None.

So I play a little game in my head called "cover my ass and collect evidence for the Employment Tribunal"..I've been there 9 years and I and another lady are the only 2 longest-standing employees..Even the managers have been bouncing after a month. lol!

Maybe they leave because of you"

Pack that in.

over a year ago

Guys. It’s ok. You don’t have to tell me to look for a new job. I know. I wanted to vent

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

None.

Lol! Sucks to be them then because I'm not going anywhere. The managers especially get paid a lot of money to deal with people like me. If people want to run away every time things get hard instead of working it out then that's their prerogative.

Interestingly no one has raised a grievance against me or taken me to Employment Tribunal for constructive dismissal in 9 years. But they have raised grievances against management. That was fun to watch a manager take the other managers to court.

I'm not part of their 3 ringed circus or rodeo.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

None.

Pack that in."

it's ok..maybe I remind them of someone they hate at their job.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Guys. It’s ok. You don’t have to tell me to look for a new job. I know. I wanted to vent "

Vent and rant all you want. Better out than in is what my dad says about farts.

By *orksfuncoupleCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

Don't watch this morning, but a bit of masturbation going on!

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Yup! "

Flip flops and Speedo's packed.

over a year ago

Can I join, I usually like my job but tonight it can go suck a bag of dicks and I still have 2 hours left at work

over a year ago

I love my job but have no patience for stupid people

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

None.

Pack that in."

It sounds toxic to me.

My opinion.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I hate aspects of my job

Does that count?

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Your turn!"

whats the event? Have a few connections x

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I hate aspects of my job

Does that count?"

If it didn't then I would make a special dispensation for you. The club would be incomplete without you.

over a year ago

"

It sounds toxic to me.

My opinion."

How ironic.

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

"I love my job but have no patience for stupid people "

Come work with me. No no wait my place is full of them as well.

Sod the stupid ones just come and work beside me or I could relocate.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"

It sounds toxic to me.

My opinion.

How ironic.

"

No. Its an observation.

BTW I love my job.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

None.

Pack that in.

It sounds toxic to me.

My opinion."

You are entitled to your opinion if you think that one or two persons who have zero authority over anyone and who only work part-time can make a workplace toxic.

If 2 of my colleagues or managers are fighting each other....I just get popcorn...I don't join in contrary to popular belief/opinion.

I might work at the circus but I'm not a performing monkey and I don't technically own it so if they wanna trash it, as long as I get paid I'm good.

over a year ago

"

It sounds toxic to me.

My opinion.

How ironic.

No. Its an observation.

BTW I love my job."

I’ve seen a couple of your comments, they’re unnecessary, and mean. It’s a shame you feel you need to project that onto others.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I love my job but have no patience for stupid people

Sod the stupid ones just come and work beside me or I could relocate. "

I'll trade you "stupid" for "d*unk and disorderly in public" ones. That's the customers...not the colleagues. The colleagues like to throw dangerous chemicals at each other.

At least I know where the first aid kits are. I beginning to think I need to train for mental health first aid.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
over a year ago

South West London

I actually like my job, lots to do but at least it keeps me busy

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Your turn! whats the event? Have a few connections x "

You have a bag of dicks too?

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Yup!

Flip flops and Speedo's packed. "

Skinny dipping. No one is about at 6 am when you got to sweep the beach. Lol!

By *odgerMooreMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Your turn! whats the event? Have a few connections x

You have a bag of dicks too? "

And youd get wvwry one of them xxx

By *avie65Man
over a year ago

In the west.

Yup!

Flip flops and Speedo's packed.

Skinny dipping. No one is about at 6 am when you got to sweep the beach. Lol!"

I've just booked my one way ticket.

By *eachy123Woman
over a year ago

Rochdale/Manchester/Blackpool and were ever the mood takes me

I leave mine end of the month

over a year ago

"I’m in. I genuinely believe I am the best at my job in my department and yesterday I made an honest mistake. I never make mistakes so I expected my boss to go easy on me but instead he decided to call me out in front of everyone and then talked down to me when I tried to explain myself. He can fuck off!

Yeah he would have met BPD me and she doesn't give a fuck. He'd have to call the police and the ambulance and shut the whole place down if he did that to me.

I don't do so well when people are nasty to me.

That's why I come with a warning label.

I'm crazy i.e. don't fuck with me."

Update: Today someone came to investigate the mistake and it turns out it wasn’t me. I’m waiting for an apology. I’ll probably be waiting a long time.

By *mg 321Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

Out of interest roughly how much do people pull in? How much money makes a crap job worth it?

over a year ago

"Out of interest roughly how much do people pull in? How much money makes a crap job worth it? "

I earn more than I can get elsewhere with the qualifications I have.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Out of interest roughly how much do people pull in? How much money makes a crap job worth it?

I earn more than I can get elsewhere with the qualifications I have."

This for me too

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

None.

ooooo controversial

over a year ago

"Out of interest roughly how much do people pull in? How much money makes a crap job worth it?

I earn more than I can get elsewhere with the qualifications I have.

This for me too "

They’ve got me by the balls.

over a year ago

"I love my job but have no patience for stupid people

Sod the stupid ones just come and work beside me or I could relocate. "

Coffee shop in the sun?

over a year ago

I only hate my job when I can't make any money. The last couple of days from 9am to 6pm for nothing. I hate that.

By *exy_HornyCouple
over a year ago

Leigh

Can't wait to retire.

over a year ago

Status update!

Post new Message to Thread