Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leonardo dicaprio

Jump to newest

By *oofy321 OP   Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

Whats your thoughts on this 48yr old dating a 19yr old? Creepy? Or do we see famous people differently? What if a 48yr old actress was dating a 19yr old man? Same? Or she can use the term toyboy?

Just looking for fabbers thoughts on this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *.T.Man
over a year ago

Belfast

As long as he wasn't involved with her before she turned 18, she consents, wasn't coerced and they are both happy?

Same applies for age gaps of any gender.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"As long as he wasn't involved with her before she turned 18, she consents, wasn't coerced and they are both happy?

Same applies for age gaps of any gender."

I agree.

Though you will get those that say, no matter what, for an 18yo to be with a 48yo that coercion will be included. Even if it's limited to he is a big name movie star, she was coerced. And those people will never see anything otherwise.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

People may find it distasteful, but its consenting adults.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bill Wyman done worse.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think it's creepy.

I think there's a whole world of difference in life experience between them and I know at 19 I wouldn't have been mature enough to be compatible with a 48 year old. I don't think they're harming anybody though.

I don't think it's different for famous people but I do think it's probably easier for a 48 year old famous man to get a 19 year old woman to agree to date him than a nor famous 48 year old.

The same applies to 48 year old women and 19 year old men.

over a year ago

I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with it Even at 19 I could run rings round most men that age/my age I'm sure these women are the same and very savvy

The other way around? Just doesn't happen very often, women are too sensible overall

over a year ago

The fact that every 'woman' he dates is in this age range I find creepy as fuck.

But yeah he's a billionaire and they are adults. True love.

over a year ago

"Bill Wyman done worse."

R Kelly done worse…r.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The fact that every 'woman' he dates is in this age range I find creepy as fuck.

But yeah he's a billionaire and they are adults. True love. "

I didn't know that. He must be hoping their youth will somehow filter through to him.

I can't remember what he looks like. Is he the baby faced one?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Just googled, yes he is

By *oofy321 OP   Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

"The fact that every 'woman' he dates is in this age range I find creepy as fuck.

I didn't know that. He must be hoping their youth will somehow filter through to him.

I can't remember what he looks like. Is he the baby faced one?"

He doesn't date over 25yr olds

By *ottodot123Couple
over a year ago

Gillingham

He doesn't date over 25yr olds"

You could turn that around and say over 25 year olds are too smart fo date him

By *ottodot123Couple
over a year ago

Gillingham

To*

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

He doesn't date over 25yr olds"

Really. That puts a slightly different spin on it. However if I was ratio I wouldn't date anyone under about 55. I can't imagine rocking up to a restaurant with a 19 year old or even a 39 year old. The embarrassment when the waiting staff mistook me for their mother or, heaven forfend their grandmother is enough to prevent that

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 13/02/23 16:30:41]

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Dating not ratio

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

He looks young for his age.

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t know him so couldn’t care less. My brother is 48 and if he dated someone 8 years younger than his daughter then yeah I’d find it weird as fuck.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don’t know him so couldn’t care less. My brother is 48 and if he dated someone 8 years younger than his daughter then yeah I’d find it weird as fuck. "

When you put it like that.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I don’t know him so couldn’t care less. My brother is 48 and if he dated someone 8 years younger than his daughter then yeah I’d find it weird as fuck. "

Hypothetically, if your brother didn’t have any children would you still be of the same opinion.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I don’t know him so couldn’t care less. My brother is 48 and if he dated someone 8 years younger than his daughter then yeah I’d find it weird as fuck.

Hypothetically, if your brother didn’t have any children would you still be of the same opinion. "

Yes. I think it’s weird. I appreciate it’s not everyone’s opinion and it’s totally legal but the op asked for thoughts.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've changed my mind.

I don't find it creepy but I find that he only dates women under 25 a bit odd.

By *oulkissMan
over a year ago

Croydon

"Bill Wyman done worse.

R Kelly done worse…r. "

Don't get me started on Gary Glitter....

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I don’t know him so couldn’t care less. My brother is 48 and if he dated someone 8 years younger than his daughter then yeah I’d find it weird as fuck.

Hypothetically, if your brother didn’t have any children would you still be of the same opinion.

Yes. I think it’s weird. I appreciate it’s not everyone’s opinion and it’s totally legal but the op asked for thoughts. "

I wasn’t questioning the validity of your opinion, I was just curious if having a daughter was an influencing factor.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've changed my mind.

I don't find it creepy but I find that he only dates women under 25 a bit odd. "

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he has not officially said that. It's just been noticed there is certainly a pattern.

My guess is a large part of it is simply that he can.

over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes. I think it’s weird. I appreciate it’s not everyone’s opinion and it’s totally legal but the op asked for thoughts.

I wasn’t questioning the validity of your opinion, I was just curious if having a daughter was an influencing factor. "

Ah right. No worries

over a year ago

Wonder if her mother is jealous or furious. Or both.

over a year ago

The young women dating him are getting a career break out of it, it’s not him being predatory per se. And they’re going into it knowing it’s all over when they hit 25. Bit sad really.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've changed my mind.

I don't find it creepy but I find that he only dates women under 25 a bit odd.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he has not officially said that. It's just been noticed there is certainly a pattern.

My guess is a large part of it is simply that he can. "

Oh right. Well whatever the facts of the matter I hope everyone concerned is happy

By *ay VhonMan
over a year ago

gods country

Sorry I’m with Nora on the subject.

Each to their own. But I have daughters thst age and find it weird as hell Even looking at someone that young.

Just don’t but everyone is different.

over a year ago

To put it into scale the age difference is exactly the same as the two lead actors in The Last of Us. Where the main characters have a surrogate father/daughter relationship.

A bit creepy.

over a year ago

I find it all very ill advised from a life goals perspective, but he's not going to care what anyone thinks.

He gets his trade-in every few years and runs around with a fresh nubile piece of arm candy whenever the shine wears off the last one.

Or perhaps the 'last one' starts wanting a different scenario like a ring and kids so it's cheerio time.

Not illegal but very sad to watch anyone slide their way to old age in a 'dirty old man' scenario.

And sad to see young girls spending valuable years investing in a relationship with a use-by date

over a year ago

"Bill Wyman done worse.

R Kelly done worse…r.

Don't get me started on Gary Glitter...."

who is now a free man which is even creepier

over a year ago

"To put it into scale the age difference is exactly the same as the two lead actors in The Last of Us. Where the main characters have a surrogate father/daughter relationship.

A bit creepy."

over a year ago

"I find it all very ill advised from a life goals perspective, but he's not going to care what anyone thinks.

He gets his trade-in every few years and runs around with a fresh nubile piece of arm candy whenever the shine wears off the last one.

Or perhaps the 'last one' starts wanting a different scenario like a ring and kids so it's cheerio time.

Not illegal but very sad to watch anyone slide their way to old age in a 'dirty old man' scenario.

And sad to see young girls spending valuable years investing in a relationship with a use-by date

"

It worked out well for Hugh Hefner.

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

I've dated someone 19 years younger than me.

XX

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

It's not creepy it's fine x

By *urious couple22Couple
over a year ago

Derby

Honestly, everyone is a victim, everyone has something to say as long as they're consent in adults I don't think it's anybody's business and to be fair the WOKE stuff that's getting rammed down children's throats should be the thing to be worried about. Not two consenting adult's.

By *oofy321 OP   Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

"To put it into scale the age difference is exactly the same as the two lead actors in The Last of Us. Where the main characters have a surrogate father/daughter relationship.

A bit creepy."

I read that but dismissed it because the female looks and is playing someone younger

By *oofy321 OP   Man
over a year ago

moon base zero

"I've dated someone 19 years younger than me.

XX"

What about 30yrs younger?

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

If he did this as a one off it wouldn’t be an issue, I’d take it as he’s in love with her and her with him

Personally I find the fact that he’s done this repeatedly and dumps women as soon as they hit a certain age and replaces with another so much younger again to be creepy af

That to me isn’t ok

over a year ago

"….. What if a 48yr old actress was dating a 19yr old man? Same? Or she can use the term toyboy?

Just looking for fabbers thoughts on this"

Wasn’t this what happened in Titanic?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Whats your thoughts on this 48yr old dating a 19yr old? Creepy? Or do we see famous people differently? What if a 48yr old actress was dating a 19yr old man? Same? Or she can use the term toyboy?

Just looking for fabbers thoughts on this"

gold digging

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Its obviously a mutual agreement between him and his gfs.

They get treated to a fantastic lifestyle and probably money from it as well.

He gets a fresh young thing on his arm every few months/years.

Win win

over a year ago

"I find it all very ill advised from a life goals perspective, but he's not going to care what anyone thinks.

"

Well said .. personally l find it very sad because she should be living life as a 19 yr old not dating a guy who probably is older than her mother.

over a year ago

It's not illegal.

And I have always loved him a little but I think it says a lot about the guys maturity when he always goes for younger women.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I didn't hear anyone complaining when Caroline Flack (god bless her RIP) was banging Harry Styles!!

over a year ago

His middle name is Wilhelm,his mother is German his father is Italian

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Come on leo nardo stick to 50 year olds will ya

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Let them get on with it, consenting adults, where's the problem.

By *asmine xxxWoman
over a year ago

Cornwall, Bristol

I think he should find someone his own age

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

Orkney

Frankly, if there's the right connection, age IS irrelevant. As ling as both parties are legal and compos mentis.

over a year ago

Don't see the issue personally. As long as no one is getting hurt it's no one else's business. Not all large age gaps have a sinister meaning behind them.

Pxx

over a year ago

A bit creepy.

I read that but dismissed it because the female looks and is playing someone younger "

If the female was wearing make up to make her look older it would be ok.

By *espacito56Man
over a year ago

Orkney

"Don't see the issue personally. As long as no one is getting hurt it's no one else's business. Not all large age gaps have a sinister meaning behind them.

Pxx"

over a year ago

"Let them get on with it, consenting adults, where's the problem."

So let's say your daughter was 19 would you be happy if she was dating a 48 yr old .. considering he is older than both of you

over a year ago

It worked out well for Hugh Hefner. "

Debateable lol

He was grim. Probably lucky he died before the MeToo movement arrived. There's so much coming out about what went on with those house bunnies

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Bill Wyman done worse.

R Kelly done worse…r.

Don't get me started on Gary Glitter...."

I'll see your Glitter and raise you one Rolf Harris

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Let them get on with it, consenting adults, where's the problem.

So let's say your daughter was 19 would you be happy if she was dating a 48 yr old .. considering he is older than both of you "

I wouldn't be ecstatic about it but I certainly wouldn't cause an issue about it. It would be our daughters decision, her life. We all make our own decisions in life.

By *ebootCouple
over a year ago

Telford

I wonder what it is that attracts these attractive young ladies to the multimillionaire actor?

By *oulkissMan
over a year ago

Croydon

"It worked out well for Hugh Hefner.

Debateable lol

He was grim. Probably lucky he died before the MeToo movement arrived. There's so much coming out about what went on with those house bunnies "

They went into the "relationship" knowing what it would be like, and what the "rewards" would be. They were not prisoners, they could have walked away at any time.

Waiting until he died, ie can't defend himself is pretty low to start complaining.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I really can't see the issue as long as they are both happy

over a year ago

Debateable lol

He was grim. Probably lucky he died before the MeToo movement arrived. There's so much coming out about what went on with those house bunnies

They went into the "relationship" knowing what it would be like, and what the "rewards" would be. They were not prisoners, they could have walked away at any time.

Waiting until he died, ie can't defend himself is pretty low to start complaining."

You need to read up on it a bit more.

By *rNice.Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

fame and money has an affect on people , I doubt they d give him a second look if he was working 9-5 job driving a second hand car and had loads of debt ....

over a year ago

It worked out well for Hugh Hefner.

Debateable lol

He was grim. Probably lucky he died before the MeToo movement arrived. There's so much coming out about what went on with those house bunnies "

I'm so old I remember when Jim'll fix it was a brilliant show....

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

It's a 29 year age gap! Put it this way, if that age gap was a woman, she would he too old for Leonardo DiCaprio

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Debateable lol

Waiting until he died, ie can't defend himself is pretty low to start complaining.

You need to read up on it a bit more."

So they werent all consenting adults in the house then?

over a year ago

Debateable lol

You need to read up on it a bit more.

So they werent all consenting adults in the house then? "

There are accounts of coercion and plying with drugs to obtain sex and all sorts. It's not ever that clean and simple. It was a bad situation.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

But yeah he's a billionaire and they are adults. True love. "

This.

While I stand by there being absolutely nothing wrong with age gap relationships, there surely comes a point where a succession of ever increasing age gap relationships becomes creepy.

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

What attracted a 19 year old to a multi millionaire famous actor?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Debateable lol

Waiting until he died, ie can't defend himself is pretty low to start complaining."

Ignor8ngbthe questionability of 'they could of walked away at anytime' of one of those girls had been your 18 or 19 year old daughter, would your opinion still be the same?

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"What attracted a 19 year old to a multi millionaire famous actor?"

What attracts multimillionaire famous actors to teenagers?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I think he’s just looking for fun, frivolity and light hearted romance/sex. Maybe he’s scared of commitment? Maybe he thinks a young lass won’t want to be tied down with an older fella like him and he’s just enjoying the arm candy whilst he can with no worries of marriage being on the horizon.

Why does there always have to be sinister connotations to things?

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Good on you Leo.

over a year ago

"What attracted a 19 year old to a multi millionaire famous actor?

What attracts multimillionaire famous actors to teenagers? "

You beat me to it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When my sister was 17 she met a guy who was 48. She was younger than all his children. As you can imagine all hell broke lose in our house but over a period of time my mum saw how he treated her and slowly over a period of two years she started to accept the relationship. They moved in together and treated her like a queen. They where together for nine years until he sadly died. She wasn't naturally attracted to older guys They just fell in love. Her husband of twenty years is the same age as her.

By *rettyflamingoCouple
over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I met my ex husband when I was 27 and he was 45 we were together 20 years.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Debateable lol

Ignor8ngbthe questionability of 'they could of walked away at anytime' of one of those girls had been your 18 or 19 year old daughter, would your opinion still be the same?"

Well that depends. If shes in there of her own free will, i might disapprove strongly, but no crime would be taking place. Her being my daughter doesnt change that

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What attracts multimillionaire famous actors to teenagers? "

Young, gorgeous, fresh faced, beautiful tight body, fun loving?

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I think he’s just looking for fun, frivolity and light hearted romance/sex. Maybe he’s scared of commitment? Maybe he thinks a young lass won’t want to be tied down with an older fella like him and he’s just enjoying the arm candy whilst he can with no worries of marriage being on the horizon.

Why does there always have to be sinister connotations to things?"

Agreed.

I've just googled her and she doesn't look 19, she looks like a beautiful, intelligent woman who is more than capable of making her own decisions.

Is anyone actually getting harmed?

I'm pretty sure no-one is forcing her to date him?

Didn't Demi Moore date Ashton cutcher when she was in her 50's and he was a young chap?

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Age gaps aren't automatically a problem, but the fact that he just changes in his gf for a new one whenever they hit 25 or whatever is just a bit sad in my opinion.

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Age gaps aren't automatically a problem, but the fact that he just changes in his gf for a new one whenever they hit 25 or whatever is just a bit sad in my opinion. "

Are we sure he's the one doing the dumping?

over a year ago

Young, gorgeous, fresh faced, beautiful tight body, fun loving? "

Only one of those attributes is fact and that's young. The others can be found in many women your own age.

over a year ago

I do find it a bit creepy. Sure it's legal, but constantly seeking out young women makes me uncomfortable. I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's the power dynamic, maybe it's just the fact I can't wrap my head around being attracted to a 19 year old and I'm only 29. I sometimes wonder if these people would go for girls even younger if it was legal.

If he wasn't so handsome and rich I'm pretty sure more people would have something to say about it. And if my daughter came home at 18 with a 50 year old man I'd be absolutely raging.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Only one of those attributes is fact and that's young. The others can be found in many women your own age."

I didnt say anything about fact. But its just logical that hes more likely to find all those attributes in a 19 year old than a 40 year old

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

To play devils advocate.

Are we all in the habit of telling our children who they can or cannot date?

Our daughter is living with a guy who is only a few years older than her and he's a total bell end and a wet fart.

But she loves him and we wouldn't dream of getting involved unless he was abusive.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
over a year ago

Cumbria

Creepy af.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I do find it a bit creepy. Sure it's legal, but constantly seeking out young women makes me uncomfortable. I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's the power dynamic, maybe it's just the fact I can't wrap my head around being attracted to a 19 year old and I'm only 29. I sometimes wonder if these people would go for girls even younger if it was legal.

If he wasn't so handsome and rich I'm pretty sure more people would have something to say about it. And if my daughter came home at 18 with a 50 year old man I'd be absolutely raging.

"

I dont think people would to be honest. Those that have an issue with it will have an issue regardless of who it is.

Those that don't, won't

over a year ago

"To play devils advocate.

Are we all in the habit of telling our children who they can or cannot date?

Our daughter is living with a guy who is only a few years older than her and he's a total bell end and a wet fart.

But she loves him and we wouldn't dream of getting involved unless he was abusive."

Now there's a big difference between a bellend and someone being abusive.

And there's a huge difference in my 18 year old daughter coming home with a young man compared to her coming home with someone who will be older than her parents. You're damn right I'll make an issue out of it if it ever happens.

I think there comes a point you can't sit back and say nothing.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I do find it a bit creepy. Sure it's legal, but constantly seeking out young women makes me uncomfortable. I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it's the power dynamic, maybe it's just the fact I can't wrap my head around being attracted to a 19 year old and I'm only 29. I sometimes wonder if these people would go for girls even younger if it was legal.

"

I don't even think he's attractive! Obviously, I'm just jealous or something because I'm far too old, at 37.

We choose not to meet people close in age to our eldest child (20) because we'd find that a bit odd, but that's how we feel.

I'm not opposed to age gaps in relationships per se - there's 20yrs between my parents and they first met at ages 19 (mother) and 39 (father) respectively. Their relationship didn't work out but as far as I can tell, the age gap wasn't the issue. However, the apparent pattern whereby Mr DiCaprio stops relationships when the woman hits 25 and then moves swiftly on, does seem a bit odd.....

over a year ago

"

I absolutely agree about your comment on going for even younger girls if if were legal. That's what I find the hardest to get my head round, they are barely legal sexually and only just legally adults.

over a year ago

Only one of those attributes is fact and that's young. The others can be found in many women your own age.

I didnt say anything about fact. But its just logical that hes more likely to find all those attributes in a 19 year old than a 40 year old"

Not really. I'd say there were equal numbers in either age range

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I absolutely agree about your comment on going for even younger girls if if were legal. That's what I find the hardest to get my head round, they are barely legal sexually and only just legally adults."

Hold on, are we now insinuating the man is a paedophile now??

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I didnt say anything about fact. But its just logical that hes more likely to find all those attributes in a 19 year old than a 40 year old

Not really. I'd say there were equal numbers in either age range"

Im sorry, but thats just deluding oneself

over a year ago

I absolutely agree about your comment on going for even younger girls if if were legal. That's what I find the hardest to get my head round, they are barely legal sexually and only just legally adults.

Hold on, are we now insinuating the man is a paedophile now?? "

Not at all. It's all perfectly legal

over a year ago

Not really. I'd say there were equal numbers in either age range

Im sorry, but thats just deluding oneself "

No need to apologise

Post new Message to Thread