Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Upsetting People

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I love the forum, in fact it's the only reason I'm on here, and the only reason I subscribe.

However

As you may have noticed a lot of my posts are tongue in cheek posts which are all intended to induce some light hearted fun and banter

Tbe humour I use on here is pretty similar to how I am in everyday life, and I am usually the life and soul of a party.

But it appears I'm upsetting some people.....

Just wanted to say that is and never was my intention, so once my current subscription expires I shall be say adios to you all

Have a lovely day

To those I have or may have upset I offer you my sincerest apologies and ask for your forgiveness

Genuinely!!!

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

Wouldn’t worry about it. You can’t please everyone

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Of they don't like you or are upset by you it's their problem not yours.

Be yourself and screw them

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I love the forum, in fact it's the only reason I'm on here, and the only reason I subscribe.

However

As you may have noticed a lot of my posts are tongue in cheek posts which are all intended to induce some light hearted fun and banter

Tbe humour I use on here is pretty similar to how I am in everyday life, and I am usually the life and soul of a party.

Just wanted to say that is and never was my intention, so once my current subscription expires I shall be say adios to you all

Have a lovely day

To those I have or may have upset I offer you my sincerest apologies and ask for your forgiveness

Genuinely!!! "

exactly some people are easily upset here don't worry about it, theyre all strangers after all

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Dan I enjoy your forum contributions

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who have you upset Dan? And what did you say to upset them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Who have you upset Dan? And what did you say to upset them?

"

Truthfully I have no idea!

That's the worst part

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't imagine you could ever cause upset. Keep being you, someone will always get the umbridge over something.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

The 'joke' you posted last night wasn't funny and was offensive. Humour is subjective but punching down is rarely well received.

I'm not sure one badly received thread is reason to leave the site though?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I love the forum, in fact it's the only reason I'm on here, and the only reason I subscribe.

However

Have a lovely day

Genuinely!!! "

Don't forget op, communication takes two. Often folks are actively looking for someone to be upset with. Whilst nobody wants to upset anyone face to face. It seems a fairly common occurrence in the threads.

Reply privately

By *ebwizMan
over a year ago

Clevedon

I wouldn't worry, I've never cared if i upset people, trouble is too many are scared of saying the wrong things in case you offend someone. Also got the block button too.and some conversations i just dont even get involved in, if i think its going to get all bitter and twisted.

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I wouldn't worry, there's always someone going to be offended by something, and there's always others that will find it funny, don't try please everyone op it's impossible.

Mrs

Reply privately

By *UFSWoman
over a year ago

belfast

Unless I have gone out of my way to deliberately upset someone,I wouldn't be apologising to anyone.

They got upset at your light hearted humour?

That's their problem.

Perhaps they should be apologising to you.

Reply privately

By *illynillyCouple
over a year ago

Wiltshire

However

Have a lovely day

Genuinely!!! "

I, Nilly recently had a 48 hour ban for "upsetting someone and being a nit pick"...I literally have no idea what I said to upset someone....

We can't please everyone

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unless I have gone out of my way to deliberately upset someone,I wouldn't be apologising to anyone.

"

This

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Text does not always lend itself to some personality types that work well and are liked offline.

Mix that in with there are people who do get upset at the slightest thing and the result is, not everyone will like you, no matter how much you are or think you are liked in real life.

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

Hey people actually block you for comments made in forums is that whats happened?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would never go out of my way to upset anyone, not ever. Not on here, or in real life

Forum rules prevent me from saying how I know that I've upset someone, but still have no idea what why or who.

Last night I did post a jokey thread about me getting angry and frustrated trying to get ready for a meeting, and I asked if this made me a cross dresser. Obviously a joke, but 2 users made it obvious I had hit a nerve (unintentionally) but blocked me so I couldn't apologise

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I would never go out of my way to upset anyone, not ever. Not on here, or in real life

Forum rules prevent me from saying how I know that I've upset someone, but still have no idea what why or who.

Last night I did post a jokey thread about me getting angry and frustrated trying to get ready for a meeting, and I asked if this made me a cross dresser. Obviously a joke, but 2 users made it obvious I had hit a nerve (unintentionally) but blocked me so I couldn't apologise

"

I like your "work" Dan. Didn't see the joke but again.. If people are looking to be offended they will find offence in something and could probably predict responses already. Avoid race, trans, women, nhs, weight, bikes, young, old, tattoes, North, South, French, sharks... And humour And you'll be fine.

Reply privately

By *ebwizMan
over a year ago

Clevedon

"I would never go out of my way to upset anyone, not ever. Not on here, or in real life

Born and bred brummie as my mum said call a spade a spade. If something needs to be said and its upsetting, it is what it is. Unlike messaging the way vocally its delivered makes a difference in tone of voice and or body language.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t worry about it as there’s loads of snowflakes on here

Keep doing what you’re doing

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like your "work" Dan. Didn't see the joke but again.. If people are looking to be offended they will find offence in something and could probably predict responses already. Avoid race, trans, women, nhs, weight, bikes, young, old, tattoes, North, South, French, sharks... And humour And you'll be fine. "

Got it haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Born and bred brummie as my mum said call a spade a spade. If something needs to be said and its upsetting, it is what it is. Unlike messaging the way vocally its delivered makes a difference in tone of voice and or body language.

"

I agree text speak can be misinterpreted

Reply privately

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

I share your sentiment.

How ever unintentional our words may be it is simply everybody’s right to be offended.

All we can do is smile and play the smallest

Reply privately

over a year ago

As flounces go, this is a pretty weak one

If you post threads and comments regularly then someone will take offence at some point. It really isn't a reason to jack it all in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don’t worry about it as there’s loads of snowflakes on here

Keep doing what you’re doing "

What makes someone a snowflake?

Reply privately

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Don’t worry about it as there’s loads of snowflakes on here

Keep doing what you’re doing

What makes someone a snowflake?

"

cold and water

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Oh and rainbows... Put more rainbows and it seems to be a get out of jail free card.

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

For what it's worth OP, I definitely see the humour behind your posts and never take them to heart. It also can't be understated that it's tough bringing your own personality from real life onto here and wanting to please everyone because we go from an environment where people know us and get out humour to a place where you don't know everyone and your personalities may not mesh as well. It's not you, or them, it's just a clash of personalities is all. It's something I've had to learn as I can try too hard to be a people pleaser at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

We cannot cater to everyone's liking OP. No need to say adiós.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dan this is the story of my life on here! But there's people who won't block you for silly reasons and who do enjoy your threads and posts so don't let upsetting 1 or 2 bother you!

No ones perfect remember and at least you're just being you!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t even know who you are

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Some people are upset before you open your mouth. It's their default position.

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

"

That's a lack of humour on their side and I just think of it as non compatible people ing themselves out. Obviously you did intend to upset anyone but it's easy to spot that as a joke and not malicious in any way.

Reply privately

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I posted in a thread recently and before responding to some I decided to look at their profiles because I didn't know them.

Imagine my surprise to discover that I couldn't view 4 of the women's profiles so obviously I had said something to upset them at some stage.

I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don’t even know who you are "

He's the one flouncing out the door

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think if you've upset people even unintentionally you need to acknowledge that. No need to feel bad about it but as those people will be reading this and see very unfair comments aimed at them I'll close this now.

Reply privately