Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A & E is struggling

Jump to newest

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man
over a year ago

Hastings

When would you go to A&E.

And What would you call an ambulance for.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve been to A&E for broken bones and miscarriages

I drove myself every time as I didn’t want to wait four hours for an ambulance

over a year ago

I've been to a+e for a broken bone and also for burst appendix... Got a lift each time.. Should have gone sooner for the appendix

The only time I've been in an ambulance was to accompany a family member who'd had a Stoke.. They died a few days later

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I was told to go after I picked up a couple of infections during a major operation, and pus started pouring out of the open wound in my abdomen.

My GP didn't have any appointments and said go A&E.

I was sent to majors as there wasn't anyone there and seen straight away. Which I was glad off because I was feeling very ill.

Only once before that did someone call an ambulance for me.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I went to A&E on 22 Jan for severe, intractable pain, loss of function in my leg and urinary retention. I was admitted that night and remain here, as we try to work out WTF is going on.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Being knocked of a bike, breaking a bone, being shot in the eye, slicing your toe in the local swimming baths, you know the usual stuff.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I've been in an ambulance 3 times. Once was when our eldest son was 6 weeks old and needing transported from one hospital to another for an operation.

The 2nd time was when our youngest son had fallen at nursery, they called the ambulance when he lost consciousness, and the 3rd time was when my youngest son was a toddler and having breathing difficulties.

People who call ambulances out for non emergencies should be fined.

I think nowadays the wait for an ambulance would be too long, that I think I would drive to the hospital.

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

"I went to A&E on 22 Jan for severe, intractable pain, loss of function in my leg and urinary retention. I was admitted that night and remain here, as we try to work out WTF is going on. "

Sorry to read this. I hope you feel better soon and get some answers.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I've been in an ambulance 3 times. Once was when our eldest son was 6 weeks old and needing transported from one hospital to another for an operation.

The 2nd time was when our youngest son had fallen at nursery, they called the ambulance when he lost consciousness, and the 3rd time was when my youngest son was a toddler and having breathing difficulties.

I think nowadays the wait for an ambulance would be too long, that I think I would drive to the hospital."

We don't wait for ambulances when the baby has breathing problems now. She goes in a cab.

over a year ago

Hastings

"I’ve been to A&E for broken bones and miscarriages

I drove myself every time as I didn’t want to wait four hours for an ambulance "

In my opinion both are wothy of an ambulance but I get it quicker to make you own way.

Hope your on the UP

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I went to A&E on 22 Jan for severe, intractable pain, loss of function in my leg and urinary retention. I was admitted that night and remain here, as we try to work out WTF is going on. "

You're still there? Did you get the scan results back?

over a year ago

Hastings

Sorry to you but how are the ducks

Don't worry everyone it's a personal joke.

So are you still in.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Any further forward?

over a year ago

Hastings

"I've been in an ambulance 3 times. Once was when our eldest son was 6 weeks old and needing transported from one hospital to another for an operation.

I think nowadays the wait for an ambulance would be too long, that I think I would drive to the hospital.

We don't wait for ambulances when the baby has breathing problems now. She goes in a cab. "

And that is not right but you are doing what is best for the ones you love.

over a year ago

"Being knocked of a bike, breaking a bone, being shot in the eye, slicing your toe in the local swimming baths, you know the usual stuff."

Wth

Wait.... Shot in the eye?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I went to a&e once when I broke my wrist. Mr N drive me there.

I would call an ambulance for suspected heart attack, heavy bleeding and similar because the call handler would be able to talk me through appropriate action.

Broken bones I'd get a lift or drive someone myself unless it was an open fracture.

If an elderly person has fallen and it was safe to do so I'd get help and lift them myself.

over a year ago

"I went to a&e once when I broke my wrist. Mr N drive me there.

I would call an ambulance for suspected heart attack, heavy bleeding and similar because the call handler would be able to talk me through appropriate action.

Broken bones I'd get a lift or drive someone myself unless it was an open fracture.

If an elderly person has fallen and it was safe to do so I'd get help and lift them myself."

If they can’t stand up themselves after a fall, don’t lift them. That’s the first rule of moving and assisting training

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

We don't wait for ambulances when the baby has breathing problems now. She goes in a cab.

And that is not right but you are doing what is best for the ones you love. "

It's quicker than waiting; or my son drops me to hers to babysit the others and then takes her. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

over a year ago

North West

^^^Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm still here. Nothing exciting has shown on a hip x-ray and a pelvic scan. I'm on Oxycodone for pain but if I do anything other than recline in the bed, the pain continues. I'm waiting for other specialities to review to things but everything takes time. Physio came today but couldn't offer much because they want my pain better controlled BUT Oxycodone is the top level mega stuff! It's very frustrating and baffling.

So, here I remain.

That last duck is not yet in the row, no When it is, we can look at completion dates. There's no way I can go home at the moment because there's no way I can do stairs

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If an elderly person has fallen and it was safe to do so I'd get help and lift them myself.

If they can’t stand up themselves after a fall, don’t lift them. That’s the first rule of moving and assisting training "

Thank you, that's useful to know .

How long is it safe for them to remain on the floor?

over a year ago

Hastings

If they can’t stand up themselves after a fall, don’t lift them. That’s the first rule of moving and assisting training "

I did not know that and if that's the only thing that comes out of this Forum I'll take it.

Thank you.

over a year ago

I was a paramedic for twenty years, in both urban and rural services. In that time, some of the LOB (load of bollocks,as we used to call them) calls included - broken fingernail, run out of tampons, run out of paracetamol, bruised bicep, toothache, and all too frequently, hangovers, where the "patient" expected us to call their boss to say they were at death's door and wouldn't be in to work. Plus, of course, approximately 75% of LOB calls would involve alcohol. The problem is, those who abuse the system know exactly how to abuse it. All you have to say is that you have difficulty breathing, or have a "fluttery" feeling in your chest and you go Cat A. Amazingly, these conditions often cleared up completely when we arrived, leaving us with a "but while you're here...." scenario.

over a year ago

Hastings

"^^^Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm still here. Nothing exciting has shown on a hip x-ray and a pelvic scan. I'm on Oxycodone for pain but if I do anything other than recline in the bed, the pain continues. I'm waiting for other specialities to review to things but everything takes time. Physio came today but couldn't offer much because they want my pain better controlled BUT Oxycodone is the top level mega stuff! It's very frustrating and baffling.

So, here I remain.

That last duck is not yet in the row, no When it is, we can look at completion dates. There's no way I can go home at the moment because there's no way I can do stairs "

Thanks you do make me smile when I'm down so meny ducks lol

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

Last time I went to A&E was because I got bitten by a cat, and needed a tetanus shot. Only ever called an ambulance once when my back went. Had to be given gas and air to get me out of my car

XX

over a year ago

Hastings

"I was a paramedic for twenty years, in both urban and rural services. In that time, some of the LOB (load of bollocks,as we used to call them) calls included - broken fingernail, run out of tampons, run out of paracetamol, bruised bicep, toothache, and all too frequently, hangovers, where the "patient" expected us to call their boss to say they were at death's door and wouldn't be in to work. Plus, of course, approximately 75% of LOB calls would involve alcohol. The problem is, those who abuse the system know exactly how to abuse it. All you have to say is that you have difficulty breathing, or have a "fluttery" feeling in your chest and you go Cat A. Amazingly, these conditions often cleared up completely when we arrived, leaving us with a "but while you're here...." scenario."

Sorry to hear I WAS but guess it was not what you signed up for hence the Forum your input is appreciated buy most just not all

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I was a paramedic for twenty years, in both urban and rural services. In that time, some of the LOB (load of bollocks,as we used to call them) calls included - broken fingernail, run out of tampons, run out of paracetamol, bruised bicep, toothache, and all too frequently, hangovers, where the "patient" expected us to call their boss to say they were at death's door and wouldn't be in to work. Plus, of course, approximately 75% of LOB calls would involve alcohol. The problem is, those who abuse the system know exactly how to abuse it. All you have to say is that you have difficulty breathing, or have a "fluttery" feeling in your chest and you go Cat A. Amazingly, these conditions often cleared up completely when we arrived, leaving us with a "but while you're here...." scenario."

Flaming heck! I'd be too ashamed

over a year ago

North West

There are some very odd cases on this ward, of people who scream and cry for strong pain medicine and get very angry if it's 1min overdue, but in between times, are roaming up and down, going outside, to the hospital shop and all sorts. Not exactly presenting like someone in severe pain. The room next door looks like a tuck shop, such is the amount of snacks, chocolate etc. It's just quite odd.

We also have an inpatient under 24/7 policeman guard and there's a lot of kicking off in that room

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I broke my shoulder twice and got a lift there. When I perforated my bowl I had an ambulance as I was uncon****on the floor

over a year ago

Only four times.

Hit by a firework when I was four, it misfired and hit my chin and exploded above my head, knocked me clean out, luckily the burns were superficial. I woke up covered in blood in the back of the ambulance, scary times. Had nightmares and a firework phobia for years. Still not keen on them tbh

11 and in a car crash, d*unk driver ploughed into Dad's car, OK, knocked me out and cuts and bruises.

High risk pregnancy and I couldn't be treated at my local hospital so they got an ambulance to the next consultant led Maternity unit

When I broke my ankle, trimalleolar fracture, it was awful icy weather and it had been snowing heavily, and it wasn't safe to be driven, I couldn't wait until daylight because the damage had cut the blood supply to my foot, later learnt if it hadn't been dealt with when it did I would of lost my foot.

The A&E was only 15 mile away but because of the weather it took over an hour and a half...

over a year ago

I had my first ambulance ride a week ago when I fell 3M from inside my loft top Rung of the ladder. Waited 2 hours which was absolutely fine because I didn't die and it turned out nothing was broken just lots of ligament damage and ruptured calf. Tried to get into car to br driven but was in too much pain. Both me and the Mr are NHS workers so we both try not to be timewasters. Interesting stories from other people on the thread. Xx

over a year ago

Hastings

OK so put a power saw through my thumb went to A&E pre pandemic to be told 4 hours.

And walked out went to a pharmacy got some saline, tooth brush and stery stripes. DIY shop for super glue and a DIY home fix.

Yes it hurt No would not recommend.

But it heald OK but guess I knew what to do.

over a year ago

"I was a paramedic for twenty years, in both urban and rural services. In that time, some of the LOB (load of bollocks,as we used to call them) calls included - broken fingernail, run out of tampons, run out of paracetamol, bruised bicep, toothache, and all too frequently, hangovers, where the "patient" expected us to call their boss to say they were at death's door and wouldn't be in to work. Plus, of course, approximately 75% of LOB calls would involve alcohol. The problem is, those who abuse the system know exactly how to abuse it. All you have to say is that you have difficulty breathing, or have a "fluttery" feeling in your chest and you go Cat A. Amazingly, these conditions often cleared up completely when we arrived, leaving us with a "but while you're here...." scenario.

There are some very odd cases on this ward, of people who scream and cry for strong pain medicine and get very angry if it's 1min overdue, but in between times, are roaming up and down, going outside, to the hospital shop and all sorts. Not exactly presenting like someone in severe pain. The room next door looks like a tuck shop, such is the amount of snacks, chocolate etc. It's just quite odd.

We also have an inpatient under 24/7 policeman guard and there's a lot of kicking off in that room "

Wow sounds awful! Bet your not getting much rest!! Xx

over a year ago

If they can’t stand up themselves after a fall, don’t lift them. That’s the first rule of moving and assisting training

How long is it safe for them to remain on the floor?"

This is a good point. I agree with the poster you're responding to, to an extent. If it's an elderly or vulnerable person, who has fallen in the street and it's cold and wet, they shouldn't be left lying for more than a minute or two. Shock sets in quickly. If they can sit up on their own or with minimal assistance and no pain, move each limb up and out with no pain, it is safer to move them than leave them lying.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Last time I went to A&E was because I got bitten by a cat, and needed a tetanus shot. Only ever called an ambulance once when my back went. Had to be given gas and air to get me out of my car

XX"

That happened to me in Asda one evening. I bent down to pick something from a bottom shelf and slowly crumpled to the floor, in excruciating pain.

They called an ambulance for me and I had to drag myself onto the gurney as it was too painful to be lifted.

I think I had wiped that embarrassing situation from my memory.

over a year ago

Hastings

"I was a paramedic for twenty years, in both urban and rural services. In that time, some of the LOB (load of bollocks,as we used to call them) calls included - broken fingernail, run out of tampons, run out of paracetamol, bruised bicep, toothache, and all too frequently, hangovers, where the "patient" expected us to call their boss to say they were at death's door and wouldn't be in to work. Plus, of course, approximately 75% of LOB calls would involve alcohol. The problem is, those who abuse the system know exactly how to abuse it. All you have to say is that you have difficulty breathing, or have a "fluttery" feeling in your chest and you go Cat A. Amazingly, these conditions often cleared up completely when we arrived, leaving us with a "but while you're here...." scenario.

We also have an inpatient under 24/7 policeman guard and there's a lot of kicking off in that room "

That's the sort of room the Wife works in Mental Health.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

This is a good point. I agree with the poster you're responding to, to an extent. If it's an elderly or vulnerable person, who has fallen in the street and it's cold and wet, they shouldn't be left lying for more than a minute or two. Shock sets in quickly. If they can sit up on their own or with minimal assistance and no pain, move each limb up and out with no pain, it is safer to move them than leave them lying."

I'm asking because my dad is in his mid nineties and becoming more and more unsteady. I envisage a time in the near future where he'll fall

over a year ago

North West

"

We also have an inpatient under 24/7 policeman guard and there's a lot of kicking off in that room

"

This is a gynecology/women's health ward. The area with the patient under gusrd is the early pregnancy ward. We don't know anything much about the young lady but we can see the police guards and we can obviously hear when things turn confrontational. Which they did in spectacular fashion just as the night shift started.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

This is a gynecology/women's health ward. The area with the patient under gusrd is the early pregnancy ward. We don't know anything much about the young lady but we can see the police guards and we can obviously hear when things turn confrontational. Which they did in spectacular fashion just as the night shift started. "

Oh god! It's not great when you're vulnerable is it

over a year ago

"

This is a gynecology/women's health ward. The area with the patient under gusrd is the early pregnancy ward. We don't know anything much about the young lady but we can see the police guards and we can obviously hear when things turn confrontational. Which they did in spectacular fashion just as the night shift started. "

You need some ear plugs!

over a year ago

North West

"

This is a gynecology/women's health ward. The area with the patient under gusrd is the early pregnancy ward. We don't know anything much about the young lady but we can see the police guards and we can obviously hear when things turn confrontational. Which they did in spectacular fashion just as the night shift started.

You need some ear plugs! "

Would you believe it, our night nurse (favourite nurse in this room) has provided us all with foam ear plugs

over a year ago

This is a good point. I agree with the poster you're responding to, to an extent. If it's an elderly or vulnerable person, who has fallen in the street and it's cold and wet, they shouldn't be left lying for more than a minute or two. Shock sets in quickly. If they can sit up on their own or with minimal assistance and no pain, move each limb up and out with no pain, it is safer to move them than leave them lying.

I'm asking because my dad is in his mid nineties and becoming more and more unsteady. I envisage a time in the near future where he'll fall"

My experience with nonagenarians is that they're terrified of going to hospital for any reason! But if he falls at home, you can assess him in the same way - check he's in no pain, make sure both his legs are still the same length (fractured neck of femur is very common in falls for the elderly and it will cause foreshortening of the affected leg), get him to move his limbs as I mentioned, and get him to do as much of the moving he can for himself.

over a year ago

I'm asking because my dad is in his mid nineties and becoming more and more unsteady. I envisage a time in the near future where he'll fall

My experience with nonagenarians is that they're terrified of going to hospital for any reason! But if he falls at home, you can assess him in the same way - check he's in no pain, make sure both his legs are still the same length (fractured neck of femur is very common in falls for the elderly and it will cause foreshortening of the affected leg), get him to move his limbs as I mentioned, and get him to do as much of the moving he can for himself. "

Oh, and bloody huge congratulations to him for being in his mid-nineties and not falling yet. That's rare

over a year ago

"

You need some ear plugs!

Would you believe it, our night nurse (favourite nurse in this room) has provided us all with foam ear plugs "

ahhhhh good night's sleep hopefully

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My experience with nonagenarians is that they're terrified of going to hospital for any reason! But if he falls at home, you can assess him in the same way - check he's in no pain, make sure both his legs are still the same length (fractured neck of femur is very common in falls for the elderly and it will cause foreshortening of the affected leg), get him to move his limbs as I mentioned, and get him to do as much of the moving he can for himself. "

Thank you . Getting him to hospital would be about as easy as knitting fog

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My experience with nonagenarians is that they're terrified of going to hospital for any reason! But if he falls at home, you can assess him in the same way - check he's in no pain, make sure both his legs are still the same length (fractured neck of femur is very common in falls for the elderly and it will cause foreshortening of the affected leg), get him to move his limbs as I mentioned, and get him to do as much of the moving he can for himself.

Oh, and bloody huge congratulations to him for being in his mid-nineties and not falling yet. That's rare "

Well, if he's fallen he's got himself up. I've noticed bruises on his face which he insists are from bumping into things.

over a year ago

Hastings

"

So posable out of prison to have a baby don't quote me on that...

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Three times by ambulance, once by air ambulance.....

Stabbing

Exploding Gall Bladder

Traffic Accident

Even worse traffic accident

over a year ago

Oh, and bloody huge congratulations to him for being in his mid-nineties and not falling yet. That's rare

Well, if he's fallen he's got himself up. I've noticed bruises on his face which he insists are from bumping into things. "

Sorry to use this term for a mid-90-year old, but have you "child-proofed" his home as much as possible? Bit of foam round sharp table corners, no loose rugs etc. If you've had kids, I'm sure you'll know.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Well, if he's fallen he's got himself up. I've noticed bruises on his face which he insists are from bumping into things.

Sorry to use this term for a mid-90-year old, but have you "child-proofed" his home as much as possible? Bit of foam round sharp table corners, no loose rugs etc. If you've had kids, I'm sure you'll know."

I do know what you mean.

He's a remarkable man though and far more able than most people of a similar age. If I started child proofing his house he'd have me out on my ear.

over a year ago

"Three times by ambulance, once by air ambulance.....

Stabbing

Exploding Gall Bladder

Traffic Accident

Even worse traffic accident"

Wow!!! Sounds awful!! Hopefully your recovered now!

over a year ago

Hastings

Sorry to use this term for a mid-90-year old, but have you "child-proofed" his home as much as possible? Bit of foam round sharp table corners, no loose rugs etc. If you've had kids, I'm sure you'll know."

No it's a valied comment

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Usually breaking bones which has happened about 3 times, all involving motorbikes.

The last time was as the first lock down was easing. I went for delayed concussion, 2 days after receiving a severe bang on my head.

over a year ago

Been to A&E plenty of times when kids were young. Never been in an ambulance, though my nephew was taken in an ambulance when he broke his elbow as our place (he was 9), I would have driven him, but....

My dad was taken by ambulance and then air ambulance when he had an aortic embolism - I think that was justifiable!

over a year ago

Hastings

So not meany time wasters good on you all guys and girls and throuse to yet make up their minds ...

Let God be with you...

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

"Three times by ambulance, once by air ambulance.....

Stabbing

Exploding Gall Bladder

Traffic Accident

Even worse traffic accident

Wow!!! Sounds awful!! Hopefully your recovered now! "

Yes thanks, the second accident was the closest call, pronounced dead at the scene by a passing paramedic.

Fortunately an attending firefighter paramedic detected a faint pulse.......always wanted to take a ride in a helicopter, unfortunately can't remember any of it.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I've been in A&E several times, only tine I've been in and ambulance was with appendicitis. I was only about 10, it was back in the early 80s.

Used to live 400 metres from a hospital and in that tine I walked in with concussion (neuro obs for several hours), heart scare (straight to Acute Assessment, discharged over a day later with pericarditis), went home mud admission to get a book, it didn't go down well! And eye issues because I hadcti go to A&E for a referral to opthalmology (subsequent eye surgery).

Also walked in after being hit by cars, and after a cycling accident left ne with multiple fractures. More than 1, probably 2 of those I probably should have called 999 fir an ambulance though!

By *oe2512Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Waited 14 hours for an ambulance for my mum to take her to A&E she is 91. Turned out she had pneumonia and spent 24 hours to get on a ward.

over a year ago

Hastings

"Waited 14 hours for an ambulance for my mum to take her to A&E she is 91. Turned out she had pneumonia and spent 24 hours to get on a ward. "

So sotty just not good enough.

over a year ago

Only time I've been in an ambulance was when I went in to labour. My mum had rung as I'd been waddling about, and in/out the bath at 2am with what I assumed were false contractions. I totally felt it was an absolute waste of their precious time, and I could have hung on until got hold of ex partner to drive me in at reasonable hour. Was informed when I got to hospital if I'd left it any later they'd not have risked moving me, and it'd have turned into a home birth which would have meant everyone coming out to me, which was never the plan

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 02/02/23 01:01:29]

over a year ago

Sorry to use this term for a mid-90-year old, but have you "child-proofed" his home as much as possible? Bit of foam round sharp table corners, no loose rugs etc. If you've had kids, I'm sure you'll know.

I do know what you mean.

He's a remarkable man though and far more able than most people of a similar age. If I started child proofing his house he'd have me out on my ear. "

Has he agreed to a keysafe outside the house? They cost very little and great to have! My mum relented and let us fit one. Still refusing to pay for an emergency linked neck cord fob (because why would she pay for that ). But at least we know emergency services can get in the house if she's stuck on the floor. She does carry her mobile on her at all times on a corded case so I guess it's something

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Only been to A&E in an ambulance

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

I wouldn’t. I don’t go to the doctors or hospital. I’d rather just die it’s a lot less hassle.

The mr

over a year ago

Because of underfunding and over population

over a year ago

"I wouldn’t. I don’t go to the doctors or hospital. I’d rather just die it’s a lot less hassle.

The mr "

Cost the NHS more if you collapse and end up on life support for years vs getting an dodgy toe nail sussed out

over a year ago

"^^^Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm still here. Nothing exciting has shown on a hip x-ray and a pelvic scan. I'm on Oxycodone for pain but if I do anything other than recline in the bed, the pain continues. I'm waiting for other specialities to review to things but everything takes time. Physio came today but couldn't offer much because they want my pain better controlled BUT Oxycodone is the top level mega stuff! It's very frustrating and baffling.

So, here I remain.

That last duck is not yet in the row, no When it is, we can look at completion dates. There's no way I can go home at the moment because there's no way I can do stairs "

I hope they soon find out what's wrong and deal with it

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I would go to A and E if I had an Accident or an Emergency which 'I' thought warranted hospital treatment.

I would never phone an ambulance if I had another way of getting there unless driving would be impossible or dangerous.

I'd also phone an ambulance if I was skint and walking there would cause delay.

Not everyone who phones an ambulance maluses them.

over a year ago

"When would you go to A&E.

And What would you call an ambulance for.

"

Most recently i went to A&E because i had a suspected stroke, was told to go by ambulance but it was a long wait and if i'd had a stroke i needed treatment ASAP so was driven in, turned out to be Bells Palsy, then had to go A&E a few weeks later when i got Bells Palsy again, i was kept in that time.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Being knocked of a bike, breaking a bone, being shot in the eye, slicing your toe in the local swimming baths, you know the usual stuff.

Wth

Wait.... Shot in the eye? "

Happy ending ?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Severe anaphylactic shock, it's pretty hard to drive yourself to hospital when you're in out and of consciousness. Only happened twice so far though!

Ectopic pregnancy. The pain for that is like nothing I've ever experienced. Thought I was dying. Ambulance.

There have been a couple more incidents - life threatening stuff.

So yeah, that's when I'd go to A and E/call an ambulance.

over a year ago

I've been for a burst appendix and fractured shoulder blade, both times car journey there.

Miss S x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Went to A&E two weeks ago: couldn't breathe. Ambulance took forever as I wasn't a priority. When crew arrived after four hours, I was taken to A&E on a gurney. I was seen an monitored until my oxygen level went up.

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

Iv been twice to A&E..

Once when my daughter split her head open and it needed to be glued back together. Her dad drove us while I sat with her in the back as there was so much blood

Second time was when I had tonsillitis that turned quinsy and I had sepsis… GP refused to give me antibiotics a couple of days before. I drove myself.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Fortunately have never required an ambulance, been to A+E on 3 occasions, one of those I would have used the local minor injuries dept but it’s not open on a Sunday.

Oh , I forgot, I have had an ambulance, twice, but not to go to hospital, I just needed their gas.

over a year ago

I've been to A&E twice for my daughter. Once when she fell off the bed and had a nose bleed and the next time was when she had a high temperature and she couldn't breathe properly. I've always rang 111 first. But that's it in the last 20 or so years.

I couldn't tell you exactly how many times I have been in an ambulance as I've lost count, but my parents were both very sick and we constantly had to call them out to the house. I get triggered so easily by ambulances now they bring back too many bad memories. I don't regret my choice to ring then though even if it did cost a fortune because they were genuinely needed and arrived within 5 to 10 mins each time.

over a year ago

Ah that must be so tough. Sending love your way.

By *iker and Mare!Couple
over a year ago

Torbay

Are they still running?

I hear they are going to stop full pay for long covid suffers.....

That should get 50% more nurses/paramedics back in work.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Are they still running?

I hear they are going to stop full pay for long covid suffers.....

That should get 50% more nurses/paramedics back in work. "

Wow? What?

By *iker and Mare!Couple
over a year ago

Torbay

Sacrilege sacrilege.... Stone them! Hahaha

Post new Message to Thread