Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tyre Nichols R.I.P

Jump to newest

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Body cam Police footage of Tyre Nichols has been released.

It shows 5 Black Police officers beating this young man to death.

Not seen it but heard its horrific.

His last words were calling for his Mum while he was getting killed.

He was only 70 metres from his home when he was stopped by a Police task force called Scorpion.

There are some evil people in this World.

Has America not learnt any lessons from Rodney King and George Floyd?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irandMysteriousCouple
over a year ago

Swinton

What I find most disturbing about this incident is the fact that the majority of the footage was recorded by the officers themselves! There actions were horrific but the fact that they were actively recording this on their own bodycams (which they can’t delete) just shows that they had absolutely no concern that they would face any consequence for their actions.

This wasn’t one officer accidentally not turning it off several officers recorded this incident as if it was just another “normal” incident.

I am not justifying beating someone to death in any case it is horrendous, but beating someone to death without a care for any repercussions seems to be somehow even more scary and telling of the attitudes of these individual officers.

over a year ago

midlands

Thats what I dont understand.

They were recorded killing the man, are they going to get someone to delete the footage later? Was there going to be a cover up?

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

"Thats what I dont understand.

They were recorded killing the man, are they going to get someone to delete the footage later? Was there going to be a cover up?"

Of course . It happens all the time . The cps should not accept any case of resisting arrest, failure to comply, d*unk and disorderly or any public nuisance charges without having evidence on their body worn camera . It's 2023 and the technology is cheap and efficient . They should be required by law to have them operating at all time and all footage should be downloaded and submitted daily or at the latest weekly.

We live in a day and age where the entire nation is under constant observation from CCTV ... The police with their body worn cameras have the tools available to secure a 100% conviction rate ..they choose not to use it .

We live in a day an age where drones and technology are so abundant and cheap that each officer could be equipped with a personal drone that follows the officer on his or her deployment . Miscarriages of justice easily outweigh the cost of the technology..

Officers currently have the ability to turn their body worn cameras on and off . This should not be allowed . And any officer who does this on duty should be disciplined fined or given the circumstances charged with a criminal offence .

The amount of footage that goes missing would be highly disturbing id guarantee ! Because there is no accountability and because the officers aren't required by law to operate and submit their body worn camera footage after every shift or after any incident.

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Body cam Police footage of Tyre Nichols has been released.

He was only 70 metres from his home when he was stopped by a Police task force called Scorpion.

"

By all means use the Rodney King case to prove a point. The Floyd case was totally different. After all the facts came out it was a different story.

Lessons are learnt , and also easily forgotten. You can't teach an orange to be an apple. If a cop is an ass&@le. He probably always will be.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I just saw the story. Very sad for the innocent victim and his family and friends.

I don't see there's much learning or much to learn. They did it. Hopefully they get very very long sentences. Which is little compensation to the victim of course.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

The amount of footage that goes missing would be highly disturbing id guarantee ! Because there is no accountability and because the officers aren't required by law to operate and submit their body worn camera footage after every shift or after any incident.

"

All BWV footage is automatically downloaded whenever put on charge.

By *ervice2000Man
over a year ago

derby

Full footage is on reddit

over a year ago

The footage is awful to watch, if you put to one side the beating, tasering and pepper spraying of the poor guy, he was then left slumped against a patrol car to die for what I understand was 20 minutes before an ambulance arrived and in that time, there was no concern for his welfare despite an army of police eventually turning up on the scene.

You can’t begin to imagine what the poor guy went through.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

By all means use the Rodney King case to prove a point. The Floyd case was totally different. After all the facts came out it was a different story.

Lessons are learnt , and also easily forgotten. You can't teach an orange to be an apple. If a cop is an ass&@le. He probably always will be."

The Floyd case wasn't different!

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"

All BWV footage is automatically downloaded whenever put on charge.

"

This.

As much as I'm not a fan of the police, the body am footage can't be deleted by the officer using the cam.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

It's horrific and utterly heartbreaking that this has happened

over a year ago

midlands

To Protect and Serve....failed on all accounts.

Hope they get a very long jail sentence.

Going to be tough being an ex black cop murdering a black man in prison. Justice waits.

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

What I find most disturbing is the fact that it was 5 black officers and a black victim

By *es_ivebeen_hereb4Man
over a year ago

I'm always around here

[Removed by poster at 28/01/23 18:21:46]

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"What I find most disturbing is the fact that it was 5 black officers and a black victim"

After watching it I'm guessing that there must be some history with the police and the victim?

That's in no way excusing what happened.

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

sadly its america sadly lessons never get learnt .. and its getting more and more extreme and the poverty gap is bigger than its ever been

over a year ago

Horrific incident. Also a politically inconvenient one for BLM activists because previously they could rally against police violence by casting it in a racial light of "white cop vs black communities".

But how do you explain FIVE black cops beating a fellow black man to death the way it was recorded down, on their bodycams no less, with such impunity and brutality?

I won't be surprised if there's a lot of political knotting by people seeking to twist things to fit their agenda in the coming weeks. That and the fact that this eliciting less of a vitriolic response than the George Floyd incident is equally telling in itself.

over a year ago

They were recorded killing the man, are they going to get someone to delete the footage later? Was there going to be a cover up?

Of course . It happens all the time . The cps should not accept any case of resisting arrest, failure to comply, d*unk and disorderly or any public nuisance charges without having evidence on their body worn camera . It's 2023 and the technology is cheap and efficient . They should be required by law to have them operating at all time and all footage should be downloaded and submitted daily or at the latest weekly.

We live in a day and age where the entire nation is under constant observation from CCTV ... The police with their body worn cameras have the tools available to secure a 100% conviction rate ..they choose not to use it .

We live in a day an age where drones and technology are so abundant and cheap that each officer could be equipped with a personal drone that follows the officer on his or her deployment . Miscarriages of justice easily outweigh the cost of the technology..

Officers currently have the ability to turn their body worn cameras on and off . This should not be allowed . And any officer who does this on duty should be disciplined fined or given the circumstances charged with a criminal offence .

"

No problems with BWV. I wish I had it when I was serving. It would have saved endless problems and false accusations, but why do you want to have a video of a cop taking a shit, or having lunch?

It has to be at their discretion and be able to explain why it wasn't running during a particular incident. Police control rooms can activate officers microphones remotely, why not BWV too, when they know they are at an incident?

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Makes you wonder what's going on that isn't recorded?

over a year ago

"What I find most disturbing is the fact that it was 5 black officers and a black victim"

Colour is irrelevant, or it should be. It's the fact that 5 cops were unable to restrain arrest one man without beating him to death.

over a year ago

No problems with BWV. I wish I had it when I was serving. It would have saved endless problems and false accusations, but why do you want to have a video of a cop taking a shit, or having lunch?

It has to be at their discretion and be able to explain why it wasn't running during a particular incident. Police control rooms can activate officers microphones remotely, why not BWV too, when they know they are at an incident?"

There are some situations where BWV recording everything is absolutely not appropriate too. For example, during intimate searches

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

Lessons are learnt , and also easily forgotten. You can't teach an orange to be an apple. If a cop is an ass&@le. He probably always will be.

The Floyd case wasn't different! "

I beg to differ. Rodney King was an innocent victim of racist brutality.

Floyd was an ass. Dr^g#ed up. Caught committing Another crime. Resisting arrest. Refusing to get into a car because he claimed he was ' scared of confined places' yet he'd arrived by car

He was complaining of not be able to breath before he was taken to the floor

( as he had asked to be put )

The policeman had used a technique shown to him by his employers.dangerous

As it was.

Floyd was trash. Not a bloody Saint.

Still didn't deserve to be treated like that though. But don't compare the two please. Read the facts first.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Floyd was an ass. Dr^g#ed up. Caught committing Another crime. Resisting arrest. Refusing to get into a car because he claimed he was ' scared of confined places' yet he'd arrived by car

As it was.

Still didn't deserve to be treated like that though. But don't compare the two please. Read the facts first. "

You know people were convicted of his murder right?

You say he didn't deserve to betrayed like thst yet attempt to justify his murder because of his past?

He was murdered by a police officer, they are the facts

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

As it was.

Still didn't deserve to be treated like that though. But don't compare the two please. Read the facts first.

You say he didn't deserve to betrayed like thst yet attempt to justify his murder because of his past?

He was murdered by a police officer, they are the facts"

Question for you. Don't skirt around the answer.

Was the use of the restraint illegal ?

It had been used before. It was obviously dangerous. But it was taught and allowed. I doubt you have seen all the footage. So stick to the story you have been told if you like.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

As it was.

It had been used before. It was obviously dangerous. But it was taught and allowed. I doubt you have seen all the footage. So stick to the story you have been told if you like."

Given the officer who deployed the restraint is now in prison for murder, I'd argue that's a clear sign it was illegal.

By *ldbutrandyMan
over a year ago

West Midlands

As it was.

It had been used before. It was obviously dangerous. But it was taught and allowed. I doubt you have seen all the footage. So stick to the story you have been told if you like.

Given the officer who deployed the restraint is now in prison for murder, I'd argue that's a clear sign it was illegal. "

I guessed you'd avoid the question. It was outlawed weeks later. At the time it was allowed. End of convo. I'll not

Comment again as you have no idea.

Post new Message to Thread