Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Look of horror

Jump to newest

By *gent Coulson OP   Man
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I was chatting with a friend who has volunteered to be a rope bunny for my Shibari rope class in the pub the other day.

Most of the group of people she was with already know about it and have seen the pictures from the class, and are very open minded.

However one young woman was absolutely horrified, and the looks she gave us as we were discussing the ties and how long stuff took to do.

Her parting comments as she left were very derogatory.

I find it strange that in this day and age someone should be so narrow minded and closed to something that was artistic and none sexual, but not what she called normal

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I think if you disciss kink I'm front of people who aren't on the scene you can't be too surprised at a negative reaction

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Where were you having this discussion?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If your going to discuss something like that in a group you can't everyone to be open about just because it's your kink

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Where were you having this discussion?"

Ignore that.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Where were you having this discussion?

Ignore that.

"

Get your glasses on Nanna

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"If your going to discuss something like that in a group you can't everyone to be open about just because it's your kink"

Yes, and I wouldn't have started a conversation around anything of that nature in that situation.

over a year ago

I find it even stranger that you are saying people shouldn’t have an opinion if it’s different to yours.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Where were you having this discussion?

Ignore that.

Get your glasses on Nanna "

I got a text from my Asda delivery as I was reading it and got distracted

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I'm not a proponent of the "We should all be more open minded" mantra.

There are lots of subjects I've no wish to open my mind about.

I've been an unwilling participant in many conversations where I've had to walk away so if I've been judged for doing that it's not really my problem.

In saying that though I wouldn't make a drama out if it.

over a year ago

As far as I'm aware we don't all think the same way, how boring would it be if we did.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I was chatting with a friend who has volunteered to be a rope bunny for my Shibari rope class in the pub the other day.

Most of the group of people she was with already know about it and have seen the pictures from the class, and are very open minded.

However one young woman was absolutely horrified, and the looks she gave us as we were discussing the ties and how long stuff took to do.

I find it strange that in this day and age someone should be so narrow minded and closed to something that was artistic and none sexual, but not what she called normal"

I dont believe thats strange at all

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I was chatting with a friend who has volunteered to be a rope bunny for my Shibari rope class in the pub the other day.

I find it strange that in this day and age someone should be so narrow minded and closed to something that was artistic and none sexual, but not what she called normal"

I guess some things can be very triggering for people & it may not be the actual rope work, but something else in her past that finds it distasteful.

For instance, I had a violent ex, so the talk of dominant men, or women wanting to be dominated, I find very unpleasant to think of & even though I've come to an understanding of the dynamic, it still brings out certain feelings in me. I get those feelings when I see a woman tied up, even though I know full well it's consensual & that both parties are enjoying the experience.

over a year ago

"I

I guess some things can be very triggering for people & it may not be the actual rope work, but something else in her past that finds it distasteful.

For instance, I had a violent ex, so the talk of dominant men, or women wanting to be dominated, I find very unpleasant to think of & even though I've come to an understanding of the dynamic, it still brings out certain feelings in me. I get those feelings when I see a woman tied up, even though I know full well it's consensual & that both parties are enjoying the experience. "

Agree with you and most of the comments. There’s a time and a place for kink talk. I don’t like to see rope work even though I consider myself kinky and open minded. I move away from rope conversations / images in kink spaces, if it was being discussed in a pub I’d be very upset if someone called me “closed minded” for not wanting to hear it.

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I

For instance, I had a violent ex, so the talk of dominant men, or women wanting to be dominated, I find very unpleasant to think of & even though I've come to an understanding of the dynamic, it still brings out certain feelings in me. I get those feelings when I see a woman tied up, even though I know full well it's consensual & that both parties are enjoying the experience.

Agree with you and most of the comments. There’s a time and a place for kink talk. I don’t like to see rope work even though I consider myself kinky and open minded. I move away from rope conversations / images in kink spaces, if it was being discussed in a pub I’d be very upset if someone called me “closed minded” for not wanting to hear it. "

Absolutely!

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Did she consent to seeing your kink?

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I find it strange that in this day and age someone should be so narrow minded and closed to something that was artistic and none sexual, but not what she called normal

Did she consent to seeing your kink?"

Ok now we really are stretching it

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Did she consent to seeing your kink?"

Or hearing about it?

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

hey not everyone is going to like it and she didn't, maybe she shouldn't have said the derogatory stuff but thats life

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Ok now we really are stretching it"

Well it’s the line that’s thrown around when people on the forums disagree with something, so just threw it in to play devils advocate.

over a year ago

Not everyone wants to know everybody else's business. Surely you've come across this before in life

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Ok now we really are stretching it

Well it’s the line that’s thrown around when people on the forums disagree with something, so just threw it in to play devils advocate."

Ah, i see.

By *weetkitten65Woman
over a year ago

Halifax

Should have told her to get knotted...

Was the look of horror the same one Rodney Trotter does in Only Fools & Horses?..

Seriously though,wouldn't bother about it..obviously not her thing,but if she gave derogatory comments that's not called for.

over a year ago

She's entitled to her views and opinions, just because they do t align with doesn't negate them in any way

over a year ago

I should have added, I didn't bring the subject up in the first place and the group of people consisted of 3 gay guys, a lesbian, my bunny who is bi, myself and the young lady.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I should have added, I didn't bring the subject up in the first place and the group of people consisted of 3 gay guys, a lesbian, my bunny who is bi, myself and the young lady.

"

What relevance is their sexual preferences?

over a year ago

"I should have added, I didn't bring the subject up in the first place and the group of people consisted of 3 gay guys, a lesbian, my bunny who is bi, myself and the young lady.

What relevance is their sexual preferences? "

Was thinking the same

over a year ago

What relevance is their sexual preferences? "

the relevance is to the tone of the conversations that were going on, sexuality, preferences, which was very frank, open and honest

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

What relevance is their sexual preferences? the relevance is to the tone of the conversations that were going on, sexuality, preferences, which was very frank, open and honest "

Still not sure why its any more relevant than if it was all straight people there?

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

What relevance is their sexual preferences? the relevance is to the tone of the conversations that were going on, sexuality, preferences, which was very frank, open and honest "

Makes no relevance to this post or her opinion

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Did you know many of these people?

I don't get the need to mention the sexualities of those involved on the conversation. It doesn't make them more or less open to kink does it? And it contradicts your earlier comment that Shibari isn't sexual?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"However one young woman was absolutely horrified, and the looks she gave us as we were discussing the ties and how long stuff took to do.

"

At the point she looked horrified and was clearly not happy with the conversation, that was the point to end the discussion surely?

I mean, I know there are some comments about consenting to hearing about your kink but in all seriousness she clearly wasn't okay with the conversation she was hearing yet you carried on regardless?

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

No different to a lot people's

response to my motorbike activity.

"Why do you do that, isn't it dangerous?" they say.

Yes but it's great fun l reply to a look of bewilderment.

I have no intention of being tied up but if you love it, then great.

By *weetkitten65Woman
over a year ago

Halifax

"However one young woman was absolutely horrified, and the looks she gave us as we were discussing the ties and how long stuff took to do.

At the point she looked horrified and was clearly not happy with the conversation, that was the point to end the discussion surely?

I mean, I know there are some comments about consenting to hearing about your kink but in all seriousness she clearly wasn't okay with the conversation she was hearing yet you carried on regardless?"

If it was me & I had been horrified I would have just walked away..

He states they were all being open about things..

So not really his fault...he didn't know she would react like this..

Seems to me a bit dramatic when just talking about rope play..

Was hardly anything illegal..

Post new Message to Thread