Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Police Statistics

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

A recent you gov poll suggests that only 53% of people think the police are doing a good job and 47% think the police are actually doing a bad job.

Tom is never one to beat the the Chief of Police over stats but many politicians are.

And how many think that politicians do an honest job or do it well. Less than 20%.

What's going on here guys?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Politicians can't answer a straight question with a straight answer so how can you trust them?

You see it in just about every interview on TV.

There are a huge number out there who really fight for us public but we don't get to see much of them.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Politicians can't answer a straight question with a straight answer so how can you trust them?

You see it in just about every interview on TV.

There are a huge number out there who really fight for us public but we don't get to see much of them.

"

They certainly are not any kind of majority. Only a handful will actually fight for the greater good. Most will do for the people so long as it is in their own self interests and benefit. Their effort to fight for the people diminishes once they get what they need, with the bare minimum so that they keep it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I say politics forum for this post.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Conservative MPs are in the job to protect the i Teresa's if the top 3% richest people.

The other reason is to make themselves rich through bribes and backhanders

over a year ago

"I say politics forum for this post."

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I say politics forum for this post."

I didn't know / forgot we had one but your quite right it belongs there

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"I say politics forum for this post. "

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I suspect breaking down the demographics of that 53% would be interesting. I'm goung to guess a larger percentage of that 53% are white, middle aged, middle class and probably straight. Otherwise known as the demographic rarely failed by the police

Where as the 47% is goung to include a lot of minorities be that gender, sexuality, race or religion.

The real questions ate whom in that 47% used to have faith on the police but gave lost it and why?

And those demographics who've never had faith in the police, how do we stop them feeling so disenfranchised?

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"A recent you gov poll suggests that only 53% of people think the police are doing a good job and 47% think the police are actually doing a bad job.

Tom is never one to beat the the Chief of Police over stats but many politicians are.

And how many think that politicians do an honest job or do it well. Less than 20%.

What's going on here guys?"

My friend is a police man and he doesn't think they are doing a good job.

Mainly due to targets.

Crime is 'down' (statistically) because it's really hard to report.

And if you want to get promoted you have to show you can 'manage change' so lots of pointless reorganisation.

over a year ago

I don’t have much experience with the police admittedly, however I have a case that’s been handled by them at the moment, the officer they have put in charge has been really good.

To be honest I think it’s the CPS that are about to let me down, if anything

over a year ago

Police reporting statistics are fudged. The number of actual solved crimes is miniscule because many are now, statistically, deemed not worth investigating.

Since police forces became overseen by PCC's they are run more like businesses and expected to cover their own costs to an extent. For overseen read run, because PCCs can hire and fire Chief Officers. It's more like the US system where a local politician (Mayor) holds sway over how the force is run..

over a year ago

"

"

Really hard to report???

Its never been easier. You can do it online, from your phone or laptop.

You can report via phoning, and being given a crime/incident number immediately.

More people are able to report crimes, especially ones in progress, due to nearly all having mobile phones!

No having to look for a payphone.

No having to queue in the front office of a police station (if you can find one still open)

I

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"

Really hard to report???

Its never been easier. You can do it online, from your phone or laptop.

You can report via phoning, and being given a crime/incident number immediately.

More people are able to report crimes, especially ones in progress, due to nearly all having mobile phones!

No having to look for a payphone.

No having to queue in the front office of a police station (if you can find one still open)

I"

Thos and you can upload evidence to.

If the reporting if crime is down its because people view it as futile, not because its difficult to report

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Say's who?

I've never been asked if I'm happy with them?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I suspect breaking down the demographics of that 53% would be interesting. I'm goung to guess a larger percentage of that 53% are white, middle aged, middle class and probably straight. Otherwise known as the demographic rarely failed by the police

Where as the 47% is goung to include a lot of minorities be that gender, sexuality, race or religion.

The real questions ate whom in that 47% used to have faith on the police but gave lost it and why?

And those demographics who've never had faith in the police, how do we stop them feeling so disenfranchised?"

It's just that.. your guess..

over a year ago

Oh for crying out loud

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Cut funding, cut quality. It's basic economics really.

Gbat

over a year ago

How many of that 47% are dirty, rotten crims, Tom ?

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

If you can possibly do so, do not ever depend on any public services, unless you have no other options.

All public services are being increasingly starved of funding, and quality of their service suffers.

I now preempt any need for the police and usually do my own thing!

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

In a society that rewards dishonesty and worships money, it’s hardly surprising that those in power are more dishonest and greedy than most.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I suspect breaking down the demographics of that 53% would be interesting. I'm goung to guess a larger percentage of that 53% are white, middle aged, middle class and probably straight. Otherwise known as the demographic rarely failed by the police

And those demographics who've never had faith in the police, how do we stop them feeling so disenfranchised?"

So no facts there. Just guesses and probably and assuming things and some very biased thinking.

over a year ago

"In a society that rewards dishonesty and worships money, it’s hardly surprising that those in power are more dishonest and greedy than most."

This!

Post new Message to Thread