Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Harry kane to be banned

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports that FIFA may ban Harry Kane from playing in the world cup if he wears his Rainbow arm band

It's all over the news.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why doesn't he wear those rainbow laces ? They'd be all over his shoes.

By *verAverageLaxedMaverickMan
over a year ago

London

Literally just said he may get a yellow for it but nothing more

By *yron69Man
over a year ago

Fareham

In which case round up all Qatars in this country and parade them along Brighton beach in gold lame shorts and angel wings .

By *eachcplCouple
over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

"Reports that FIFA may ban Harry Kane from playing in the world cup if he wears his Rainbow arm band

It's all over the news.

"

Shame he doesn't put as much effort into playing as he does about wearing an armband

By *oody HuddsonMan
over a year ago

sexy town

"Reports that FIFA may ban Harry Kane from playing in the world cup if he wears his Rainbow arm band

It's all over the news.

"

Angry emoji Angry emoji Angry emoji

By *inglenfreeMan
over a year ago

london

It's all over the news.

Shame he doesn't put as much effort into playing as he does about wearing an armband"

What a stupid remark

over a year ago

The whole welsh squad are wearing it aren’t they?

Me, I’m one for all wearing it along with the Captain, if we get kicked out, so be it!

One love and all that

By *.nottsbloke..Man
over a year ago

nottinghamshire

If the players feel strongly enough they should have refused to go if enough refused the competition would be even more of a farce than it already is

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

He won't be banned, but he and Bale could get instant Yellow Cards which may disadvantage themselves and their teams. FIFA rules are clear, no player should display political or religious slogans or symbols. Rules are rules and apply to all.

By *cnugatugMan
over a year ago

Chatham

Meh I'm not really bothering with the world cup

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

It’s more a threat of giving them a yellow card before the game has even started..

By *cnugatugMan
over a year ago

Chatham

"He won't be banned, but he and Bale could get instant Yellow Cards which may disadvantage themselves and their teams. FIFA rules are clear, no player should display political or religious slogans or symbols. Rules are rules and apply to all. "
but LGBTQ isn't a religion nore a political thing

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"He won't be banned, but he and Bale could get instant Yellow Cards which may disadvantage themselves and their teams. FIFA rules are clear, no player should display political or religious slogans or symbols. Rules are rules and apply to all. but LGBTQ isn't a religion nore a political thing "

This

Although I doubt they have an appeals process in Qatar at all......

A

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

Chichester

"If the players feel strongly enough they should have refused to go if enough refused the competition would be even more of a farce than it already is"

This exactly .. if one primary big team like England was to have refused to play it would have a cascade effect on a few other teams as well ... definitely would have made a statement to Fifa about their process of choosing reputable places to host events in future.

By *aptainhornpipeMan
over a year ago

manchester

"He won't be banned, but he and Bale could get instant Yellow Cards which may disadvantage themselves and their teams. FIFA rules are clear, no player should display political or religious slogans or symbols. Rules are rules and apply to all. but LGBTQ isn't a religion nore a political thing "

They are making a political statement though, because it’s politicians that make the rules. And they want some rules changing.

By *ornyblackguyMan
over a year ago

leeds

" but LGBTQ isn't a religion nore a political thing "

Before you get onto me I am going against lgbtqia+ Or blm ect I’m just stating that is technically doing that is a political thing/expression.

I personally think the problem is that people in general seem to be so up there own arse that they have to get reminded to treat everyone equally instead of feeding there ego.

By *ornyblackguyMan
over a year ago

leeds

Sorry Was meant to say “ I am not going against…..”

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

If they ban him I hope Ladbrokes refund me my £100 as I have Kane , Messi and Mbappe to score 10 or more tournament goals between themselves

By *eet The FlintstonesCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

Isn't it sad though that those who are supposed to look after the game for the fans are the ones with their hand's down the sofa at halftime. Looking for every penny to feed their selves. Never care about anything else, just money.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

As wearing ba rainbow armband would be in defiance of political and religious laws/beliefs, in Qatar, it is definitely a polical/religious statement; to us, it's just showing solidarity to a community.

Can't help seeing the irony in this though. Football is so homophobic in the UK that very few players have come out as gay and, those that have, get a tough time of it. Maybe this show of unity will change this?

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Ak I right in understanding that the punishment fir this has previously been a fine? But now is a yellow card?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Play the game not the player...

over a year ago

If you wish to protest theres generally some kind of punishment why should he get away with breaking there rules when normal people would be punished no matter how just the cause if it costs us as a country thats on him

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"If you wish to protest theres generally some kind of punishment why should he get away with breaking there rules when normal people would be punished no matter how just the cause if it costs us as a country thats on him"

Was there a punishment when players took the knee?

Where is the line drawn at what form of protest is acceptable?

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

The FA have now come out and said they may cave in now as they don't want to risk the yellow card. Other FAs will probably cave too if they were also planning the same thing. No surprise

over a year ago

"If you wish to protest theres generally some kind of punishment why should he get away with breaking there rules when normal people would be punished no matter how just the cause if it costs us as a country thats on him

Where is the line drawn at what form of protest is acceptable?"

thats down to fifa and the organisers if thats there rule or not and if they enforce it

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"He won't be banned, but he and Bale could get instant Yellow Cards which may disadvantage themselves and their teams. FIFA rules are clear, no player should display political or religious slogans or symbols. Rules are rules and apply to all. "

Yep which is why they aren't allowed to wear the poppy.

They'll be taking the knee.

All good sentiments but once you start the good causes never stop.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"If you wish to protest theres generally some kind of punishment why should he get away with breaking there rules when normal people would be punished no matter how just the cause if it costs us as a country thats on him

Where is the line drawn at what form of protest is acceptable?"

The line is no form of protest is acceptable according to fifa rules. And for good reason.

By *oinerbillMan
over a year ago

warrington

"Isn't it sad though that those who are supposed to look after the game for the fans are the ones with their hand's down the sofa at halftime. Looking for every penny to feed their selves. Never care about anything else, just money."

Same in the Premier league, one rule for the top 6 another rule for the rest

Fair play and fans dont come into it, money is everything

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I agree with the ex football player they interviewed on sky news, he said that a footballer should be able to wear any kind of arm band, he also added that politics and football doesnt mix, he said that it have gotten worse, wasnt there the same thing with the poppies?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom won't be watching many matches and none until the knockout phases. But all this is a distraction to the team. They should just get on with concentrating on football. No armbands, no knee and definitely no wags...

These so called lions will soon be home with their tails between there legs.

By *ananaman41Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Tom won't be watching many matches and none until the knockout phases. But all this is a distraction to the team. They should just get on with concentrating on football. No armbands, no knee and definitely no wags...

These so called lions will soon be home with their tails between there legs."

As usual tom you are a beacon of truth amongst the fog of nonsense

over a year ago

Just listening to 5live and Kane and Bale won't be wearing the arm band.

It makes me feel sad

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Actually wearing the rainbow isn't needed now. They have raised the awareness by creating the discussion, and have forced FIFA to show where it's loyalty lies.

Imo, every player should wear different coloured boots. And make sure they line up in the right order for team photos. Have different coloured water bottles. Spend the WC trolling FIFa.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

I remember a good few years ago, a Hells Angel being pulled over by the police.

Take of your colours. Takes off colours to reveal a shirt with his colours.

Take off the shirt. Takes of his shirt to reveal a T shirt with his colours.

Take off the T shirt. Takes of T shirt to reveal colours tattooed on his back.

*smiles.....

Maybe they should get the one love logo tattooed on their arms, roll up their sleeves when they score.

Winston

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

This is a disgusting move by FIFA just goes to show how much corruption is still going on within this organisation.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Meh I'm not really bothering with the world cup "
me neither its a farce first time in my life I have zero interest

over a year ago

"The whole welsh squad are wearing it aren’t they?

Me, I’m one for all wearing it along with the Captain, if we get kicked out, so be it!

One love and all that "

Not anymore they aren't.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"This is a disgusting move by FIFA just goes to show how much corruption is still going on within this organisation."

How is enforcing their own rules corrupt?

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Actually wearing the rainbow isn't needed now. They have raised the awareness by creating the discussion, and have forced FIFA to show where it's loyalty lies.

Imo, every player should wear different coloured boots. And make sure they line up in the right order for team photos. Have different coloured water bottles. Spend the WC trolling FIFa. "

Presumably they'll have sponsors dealsbtied down for every bit of visible imagery and paraphernalia they can monetise.?

By *ixedDevilMan
over a year ago

Bootyville

"As wearing ba rainbow armband would be in defiance of political and religious laws/beliefs, in Qatar, it is definitely a polical/religious statement; to us, it's just showing solidarity to a community.

Can't help seeing the irony in this though. Football is so homophobic in the UK that very few players have come out as gay and, those that have, get a tough time of it. Maybe this show of unity will change this?"

This

over a year ago

If there's any action, a yellow card or ban, it will blow up the issue way beyond where it is now. I think some players and teams will walk away.

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/11/22 10:54:36]

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

Talking about fifa in general, they allow some political groups like blm, but they dont allow players to wear arm bands to show some support, like the rainbow or the poppies, they got fined for doing it.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"If there's any action, a yellow card or ban, it will blow up the issue way beyond where it is now. I think some players and teams will walk away."

Thing is.. They'll be in breach if they do that. All participants will have signed up to adhere to the rules of fifa. This is just picking at the scab that they all knew about 10 years ago.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

FIFA created this situation by choosing a country that outlaws our values knowing that it would trigger protests and now they hide behind their no protest rule; it's corrupt!

By *inCity BluesMan
over a year ago

London

What a lot of hypocritical virtue signalling shit. Wearing an armband to support gay rights, while representing a sport where gay players are afraid to come out for fear of the reaction they would get from teammates and fans.

On the other hand, it's also pathetic for wokies to whine about Qatar's Islamic attitudes towards homosexuality, while simultaneously cheering on mass illegal immigration into the UK from Arab countries.

Seems some turkeys really do vote for Christmas.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"

On the other hand, it's also pathetic for wokies to whine about Qatar's Islamic attitudes towards homosexuality, while simultaneously cheering on mass illegal immigration into the UK from Arab countries.

"

I'm not sure why that is pathetic? Or how the 2 are related?

By *inCity BluesMan
over a year ago

London

"

I'm not sure why that is pathetic? Or how the 2 are related?"

Criticising Qatari values, while at the same time championing immigrants who hold those same values. It's called doublethink. Or do wokies really believe that people change their attitudes when they cross an invisible line on a map?

On the same theme, forty-three per cent of Premier League players are black. Black communities are not exactly renowned for their tolerance of homosexuality. I wonder how many players wearing rainbow armbands in public makes jokes about "batty boys" and "faggots" in private?

It's the sheer hypocrisy of the thing that is so galling. It's all just for show. Virtue signalling at its very best, or should I say its very worst.

It really is pathetic.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Yellow card =/= BANNED.

Like this isn’t hard.

By *iker and Mare!Couple
over a year ago

Devon

Exactly this.

I don't want to hear about 24 different political opinions every game.

Just play bloody football.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

I'm intrigued how we have been suckered into the splitting of footie fans into straight ones and gay ones. Charities into straight ones and gay ones. Does that really make us more inclusive and connected with each other.? Can't see any upside to us getting agitated and yelling at eachother about another sovereign countries laws and religions.

The homophobia of football, the homophobia of Qatar and the incessant noise of a minority. I hope the 2022 edition can be remembered for something more positive.

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I guess they can't give Alex Scott a yellow card

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Does anyone have the guts to pull a gazza liek dentist chair celebration, and do a "interesting" celebration to make the point ?

over a year ago

All he needs to do is follow the rules

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Does anyone have the guts to pull a gazza liek dentist chair celebration, and do a "interesting" celebration to make the point ? "

Bend kane over doggy style and mount him?

By *AFKA HovisMan
over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Does anyone have the guts to pull a gazza liek dentist chair celebration, and do a "interesting" celebration to make the point ?

Bend kane over doggy style and mount him? "

Mount him. Or Saka him off.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Does anyone have the guts to pull a gazza liek dentist chair celebration, and do a "interesting" celebration to make the point ?

Bend kane over doggy style and mount him? "

Him and Bale to kiss each other in the pre-kickoff exchanges

By *irandMysteriousCouple
over a year ago

Swinton

This is where the whole situation becomes a farce.

It’s within the rules to take a knee because that doesn’t offend the host country’s values. But showing support for a minority group isn’t allowed because it offends the hosts who have paid a handful of people a lot of money to host this event.

As usual and very sadly money talks. At the end of this tournament the world will move on. Little will have changed in Qatar, because if the people who can make change wanted to make change they would have done so.

Football will still be a non friendly place for certain groups of our “civilised” western society who do not feel able to attend European football or if they do,

Don’t feel they can’t be their true self. This includes those playing and in the background not just fans.

Footballers will have done a shit ton of virtue signaling ensuring they are prime candidates for lucrative sponsorship deals. They only make a fuss so that they look good and get the deals coming in. If they truly wanted to make a stance the threat of a yellow card and or a ban would be taken because the rights of humans should be bigger than football.

They either want to make a difference or they want to make stupid amount of money. They can’t have both and have shown what they want!

Post new Message to Thread