Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Racism in Newspapers

Jump to newest

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

So looking back over the last few days as to whats happened in England

One thing thats jumped out at me is the racism from the likes of The Daily Mail towards Meghan Markle because she's mixed race

Today's story posted with great excitement is that a candle blocked a view of her ....and the comments are incredible

Last week she held hands with Harry .....she was a witch as far as the papers are concerned.

President Biden held his wifes hand yesterday.....nothing

Are the papers reflecting the view of ordinary people in The UK

Do you think they were right to leave the UK.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Yes and yes. Not that the states is any better.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

"

A part of it surely but certainly not all

Reply privately

over a year ago

There was just as much anti Meghan content in s few royal posts on here yesterday. Do newspapers just report what the rest of of think? Or tell us what to think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The amount of people that hate Meghan just because the papers told them to. I can’t say for certain it is racism but would they turn on Kate as quickly if she did the same?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Also see the reaction to The Little Mermaid being black and I think you have your answer.

Reply privately

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

It's nothing to do with race just no one likes her. Up until she started on about being mixed race I didn't even notice. She is using it as way of trying to get noticed. I say go stay in the USA. This is just my view so no nasty responses

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't see anything racist in the things you have mentioned above you have just assumed it is about her race. It feels like you can't disagree with anyone or dislike someone for whatever reason without having an ism attached to you. I'm not denying she has experienced racism however you can still disagree with someone or their actions without being racist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So looking back over the last few days as to whats happened in England

One thing thats jumped out at me is the racism from the likes of The Daily Mail towards Meghan Markle because she's mixed race

Today's story posted with great excitement is that a candle blocked a view of her ....and the comments are incredible

Last week she held hands with Harry .....she was a witch as far as the papers are concerned.

Do you think they were right to leave the UK."

I feel it’s not a race thing by any means

I think it’s more about the way she acted and treated people herself whilst within the fold.

There are however, 2 sides to every story and the truth may or may not come out eventually.

Don’t forget it was their own choice to leave the country and make a go of it elsewhere.

These opinions are my own and are not claimed to be factual in any way whatsoever

Mike

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also see the reaction to The Little Mermaid being black and I think you have your answer."

That's completely different though because that is obvious racism. Disliking someone does not make you racist automatically.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"Also see the reaction to The Little Mermaid being black and I think you have your answer."

Technically she’s mixed race. She’s half fish remember.

Reply privately

By *azza72Man
over a year ago

Leeds

"I don't see anything racist in the things you have mentioned above you have just assumed it is about her race. It feels like you can't disagree with anyone or dislike someone for whatever reason without having an ism attached to you. I'm not denying she has experienced racism however you can still disagree with someone or their actions without being racist. "

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

It's horrific isn't it, and they don't even try and hide the racism now, people are literally just saying she shouldn't be black. We are heading for some dark times with racists feeling so empowered

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also see the reaction to The Little Mermaid being black and I think you have your answer.

That's completely different though because that is obvious racism. Disliking someone does not make you racist automatically. "

It doesn’t but a lot of the hate Meghan receives is quite obviously due to racism.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"I don't see anything racist in the things you have mentioned above you have just assumed it is about her race. It feels like you can't disagree with anyone or dislike someone for whatever reason without having an ism attached to you. I'm not denying she has experienced racism however you can still disagree with someone or their actions without being racist. "

I agree with this. I thinks she’s a bellend. But it has nothing to do with her skin colour. My only prejudice is towards people who drive Vauxhalls.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also see the reaction to The Little Mermaid being black and I think you have your answer.

Technically she’s mixed race. She’s half fish remember. "

Correct. It’s weird that being half a fish is fine but being black is where they draw the line.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

The media, in particular the more right wing media hate her, I'm not sure that it's purely down to her race but it must be a factor, along with being am American divorcee.

People hating on her based on nothing more than endless media stories is a depressing reflection of the power of the media

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's horrific isn't it, and they don't even try and hide the racism now, people are literally just saying she shouldn't be black. We are heading for some dark times with racists feeling so empowered "

I’ve see loads of people saying “Let’s change Mulan to white and see how “they” react”

Wait until the find out Jesus wasn’t white

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your first mistake was reading the daily mail

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

She could be any colour but it's what she's done

Wanted to escape the trappings of royal life and protocol and get away from the press then courts the press by using media to berate the royal family. It wouldn't matter if she was green with pink spots, she'd still be disliked because of that disgusting interview with Winfrey.

She a total narcissist.

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Genuinely looking at it as a complete outsider in another country

Kate can do no wrong,is elegant and a fantastic mother,wife,future queen....and white

Meghan is not white so is fair game

As head of mental Health charities you'd think William would say something

And then there's Andrew

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

Go home Meghan Markle was trending on twitter yesterday. That's just awful

Reply privately

over a year ago

"She could be any colour but it's what she's done

Wanted to escape the trappings of royal life and protocol and get away from the press then courts the press by using media to berate the royal family. It wouldn't matter if she was green with pink spots, she'd still be disliked because of that disgusting interview with Winfrey.

She a total narcissist. "

Look at what happened to Diana. What Meghan and Harry have done is escape that and now they control what media work they do and what gets out about them.

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Your first mistake was reading the daily mail"

I know .....but its so easy on the phone

Reply privately

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

It's true that Meghan is widely disliked here (and US), but I don't think it's for the reason you suggest (racism). At first, she was welcomed as a breath of fresh air into a stale RF, but her style of woke preaching didn't run well with the public. The final straw was her appearance on Oprah and subsequent pronouncements.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

It's horrific isn't it, and they don't even try and hide the racism now, people are literally just saying she shouldn't be black. We are heading for some dark times with racists feeling so empowered

I’ve see loads of people saying “Let’s change Mulan to white and see how “they” react”

Wait until the find out Jesus wasn’t white "

Or the earliest known fossils of man found in the U.K. were black

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"I don't see anything racist in the things you have mentioned above you have just assumed it is about her race. It feels like you can't disagree with anyone or dislike someone for whatever reason without having an ism attached to you. I'm not denying she has experienced racism however you can still disagree with someone or their actions without being racist.

I agree with this. I thinks she’s a bellend. But it has nothing to do with her skin colour. My only prejudice is towards people who drive Vauxhalls. "

Out of interest why do you think she's a 'bellend'?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"It's true that Meghan is widely disliked here (and US), but I don't think it's for the reason you suggest (racism). At first, she was welcomed as a breath of fresh air into a stale RF, but her style of woke preaching didn't run well with the public. The final straw was her appearance on Oprah and subsequent pronouncements. "

What is "woke preaching"? What did she say that upset the public?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's completely different though because that is obvious racism. Disliking someone does not make you racist automatically.

It doesn’t but a lot of the hate Meghan receives is quite obviously due to racism."

It isn't obviously racist unless a racist comment is made. I remember a thread a little while ago where it was insinuated by several people that anyone who disliked Meghan it was simply because they were racist or because the media told them too.

I dislike her because I find her very contradictory, Patronising and self absorbed. I feel the same way about Sarah Ferguson but I'm allowed to dislike her without being called racist.

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Yes and yes.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

"I don't see anything racist in the things you have mentioned above you have just assumed it is about her race. It feels like you can't disagree with anyone or dislike someone for whatever reason without having an ism attached to you. I'm not denying she has experienced racism however you can still disagree with someone or their actions without being racist.

I agree with this. I thinks she’s a bellend. But it has nothing to do with her skin colour. My only prejudice is towards people who drive Vauxhalls.

Out of interest why do you think she's a 'bellend'?"

Same reason I think most celebrities are bellends. The need to be centre of attention.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Genuinely looking at it as a complete outsider in another country

Kate can do no wrong,is elegant and a fantastic mother,wife,future queen....and white

Meghan is not white so is fair game

As head of mental Health charities you'd think William would say something

And then there's Andrew "

I'm not sure it's fully about the color of her skin, though undoubtedly it doesn't help with some people.

But she also isn't one of their own in so many other ways.

From a different country, dysfunctional family, more put spoken etc...

Tbh I'm not a massive fan of anyone involved in that whole mess.

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

They left the UK with plans, media projects and setting up many businesses. It is what they wanted to do and not in line with being on royal duty.

Nothing has gone to plan, covid interrupted the initial move! Going on Oprah to tell the world the royal family are racists, backfired. They were selling the story of how how hard done by they were, having no royal protection and Archie not being made a prince. In their eyes it had nothing to do with them giving up on Royal life and everything to do about not being treated fairly.

I think they exposed themselves to the risk of a new life, and it hasn't worked out for them on many levels, racism had nothing to do with it in my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

Look at what happened to Diana. What Meghan and Harry have done is escape that and now they control what media work they do and what gets out about them."

They haven't escaped it though because all they have done since they have left the Royal family as working royals is moan about how difficult their life is. If they wanted privacy that's one thing which is what they originally claimed however Doing talk shows, Writing books And making podcasts about their experiences as royals does not show they do want privacy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It doesn’t but a lot of the hate Meghan receives is quite obviously due to racism.

It isn't obviously racist unless a racist comment is made. I remember a thread a little while ago where it was insinuated by several people that anyone who disliked Meghan it was simply because they were racist or because the media told them too.

I dislike her because I find her very contradictory, Patronising and self absorbed. I feel the same way about Sarah Ferguson but I'm allowed to dislike her without being called racist. "

You seem triggered. I never said you or anyone else was racist. I said a lot of the hate she receives is due to racism. Read a comments section on any article about her and you’ll see that is a fact.

Compare the treatment of black footballers with white footballers that have done the exact same thing and you’ll see there is a lot of racism in the mainstream media.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dislike her because I find her very contradictory, Patronising and self absorbed. I feel the same way about Sarah Ferguson but I'm allowed to dislike her without being called racist.

You seem triggered. I never said you or anyone else was racist. I said a lot of the hate she receives is due to racism. Read a comments section on any article about her and you’ll see that is a fact.

Compare the treatment of black footballers with white footballers that have done the exact same thing and you’ll see there is a lot of racism in the mainstream media."

I'm not triggered and this is the problem isn't it we can't have a discussion about this without comments like that. I am not denying racism exists however bringing other examples into this isn't helpful nor is telling people they are somehow triggered simply because they are replying to something you have written.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

Look at what happened to Diana. What Meghan and Harry have done is escape that and now they control what media work they do and what gets out about them.

They haven't escaped it though because all they have done since they have left the Royal family as working royals is moan about how difficult their life is. If they wanted privacy that's one thing which is what they originally claimed however Doing talk shows, Writing books And making podcasts about their experiences as royals does not show they do want privacy. "

They are controlling the narrative now. They do media work when they want stories to get out. It’s not a fool proof strategy but it’s what they chose to do.

Reply privately

By *annibal_LickedherMan
over a year ago

The Side of the Mersey

Apparently they left to get away from the public spotlight and avoid paparazzi. So they sold thier story to anyone that was buying and moved to LA that land away from the paparazzi and the spotlight. She’s full of shit. She didn’t wanna toe the line as a royal and dragged him away. It’s nothing to do with race.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Compare the treatment of black footballers with white footballers that have done the exact same thing and you’ll see there is a lot of racism in the mainstream media.

I'm not triggered and this is the problem isn't it we can't have a discussion about this without comments like that. I am not denying racism exists however bringing other examples into this isn't helpful nor is telling people they are somehow triggered simply because they are replying to something you have written. "

It’s a pretty good example. It’s comparing the treatment of black people and white people in the media. I can give plenty more examples but people don’t seem to be ready for the conversation.

Reply privately

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

It's 2022, who still reads newspapers? Stopped buying them 10 years ago. If they trigger you all that bad, may I suggest you do the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

They haven't escaped it though because all they have done since they have left the Royal family as working royals is moan about how difficult their life is. If they wanted privacy that's one thing which is what they originally claimed however Doing talk shows, Writing books And making podcasts about their experiences as royals does not show they do want privacy.

They are controlling the narrative now. They do media work when they want stories to get out. It’s not a fool proof strategy but it’s what they chose to do."

And I would have respected them if they had said that but that is not what they said. They chose to do it and I choose to dislike them.

Reply privately

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

I am really disgusted by the British media over the treatment of Meghan.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I think if you are concerned about the skin colour of a mythical creature or being, then you really need to give your head a wobble.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

They are controlling the narrative now. They do media work when they want stories to get out. It’s not a fool proof strategy but it’s what they chose to do.

And I would have respected them if they had said that but that is not what they said. They chose to do it and I choose to dislike them. "

Do you dislike them? I haven’t seen anyone mention their dislike of Harry in this thread.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Not sure it's just racsim think it's lots of things why people hate on her? I for one love her and her loverly little family! As for the daily mail it's not even fit for bum fodder! X

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

The Daily Fail and The Sun (amongst others) will continue to peddle racist shite primarily cos it’ll sell them more papers.

And it’ll increase their circulation thanks to their target audience. And for as long as the majority of the UK continue to have a “head in the sand” approach to racism (as clearly evidenced in this thread), nothing will change on that front.

Must be amazing to live, and move through the world, in denial i guess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

And I would have respected them if they had said that but that is not what they said. They chose to do it and I choose to dislike them.

Do you dislike them? I haven’t seen anyone mention their dislike of Harry in this thread."

Well I just did didn't I and seeing as we were discussing racism and how Meghan is reported in the newspapers I didn't feel I need to I think you were just Nick picking now to try and cause an argument.

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Yes, it's racism.

Reply privately

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

People seem to forget how badly Kate was treated by the press in the early days, like Fergie and Diana before her. Really overt classism in Kate's case - "Kate Middleclass", all the hoopla about her mum being an air hostess and *gasp* having roots in northern pit towns. Many people were not happy that a woman of such lowly breeding had the audacity to date and marry a prince.

Reply privately

By *WDomMan
over a year ago

Taunton

Massive press bias against her predates move to US. There are dozens of examples. Here are a few.

Move to US and step back from it? Sane thing to do.

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018

Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019

Kate and William: "Prince William was given one of the green fruit – wrapped up in a bow – by a little boy who's mother is suffering during her pregnancy too... 'He said he'd take it to [Kate] and see what happens – and said good luck for [the boy's] mummy.'" Express: Sept. 14, 2017

Meghan: "The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called 'avocado on toast whisperer' is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation." Express: Jan. 23, 2019

Kate: "Royal sources said yesterday that the Queen understood and endorsed William and Kate’s decision not to spend Christmas Day with her. One said: ‘Her Majesty understands that it is a dilemma that many young couples face and acknowledges how close Catherine’s relationship is with her family." Daily Mail: Dec. 16, 2016

Meghan: "The fact is the Queen expects to have the family around her for the festive season... to the Queen, for whom the tradition of the family gathering is a key date in her calendar, Harry and Meghan’s absence will be a matter of great sadness. It will also be a source of frustration." Daily Mail: Nov. 13, 2019

Kate and William: "Creating their own companies will allow William and Kate to bring out, should they ever chose to, myriad items of officially-endorsed merchandise from tea towels to coffee cups... Kensington Palace officials said they were doing the ‘sensible thing’ in protecting the couple’s rights." Daily Mail: Jan. 17, 2014

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

A part of it surely but certainly not all"

It's not my view... and all the papers are trash. All legacy media owned by 6 corporations. These corporations sow division for there own agendas. All the worlds a stage and until we realise we are just the audience this shit will continue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

Do you dislike them? I haven’t seen anyone mention their dislike of Harry in this thread.

Well I just did didn't I and seeing as we were discussing racism and how Meghan is reported in the newspapers I didn't feel I need to I think you were just Nick picking now to try and cause an argument. "

You replied to me first. If anything it’s the other way around.

If you knew me in real life you’d know I never throw the race card around. Even when someone is blatantly racist but it is impossible to deny that there is a racist agenda within the mainstream media.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

A part of it surely but certainly not all

It's not my view... and all the papers are trash. All legacy media owned by 6 corporations. These corporations sow division for there own agendas. All the worlds a stage and until we realise we are just the audience this shit will continue. "

Oh I get that but I meant ordinary ppl.

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"People seem to forget how badly Kate was treated by the press in the early days, like Fergie and Diana before her. Really overt classism in Kate's case - "Kate Middleclass", all the hoopla about her mum being an air hostess and *gasp* having roots in northern pit towns. Many people were not happy that a woman of such lowly breeding had the audacity to date and marry a prince."

So it is a trifecta of misogyny, sexism, and racism. Sounds about right for the British media.

Reply privately

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

That’s not racism they just don’t like her

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently they left to get away from the public spotlight and avoid paparazzi. So they sold thier story to anyone that was buying and moved to LA that land away from the paparazzi and the spotlight. She’s full of shit. She didn’t wanna toe the line as a royal and dragged him away. It’s nothing to do with race. "

I don't think she dragged him away.

Has no one seen the interviews from 2008 when he was serving in Afghanistan? They have been posted again recently and he pretty much says he doesn't want to be in England and stuck in Windsor. So why couldn't it have been his choice to move away?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think the world has seen the comparison between the treatment of the Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York.

The world will draw its own conclusions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

Well I just did didn't I and seeing as we were discussing racism and how Meghan is reported in the newspapers I didn't feel I need to I think you were just Nick picking now to try and cause an argument.

If you knew me in real life you’d know I never throw the race card around. Even when someone is blatantly racist but it is impossible to deny that there is a racist agenda within the mainstream media."

At no point have I denied there is racism in the media.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

If you knew me in real life you’d know I never throw the race card around. Even when someone is blatantly racist but it is impossible to deny that there is a racist agenda within the mainstream media.

At no point have I denied there is racism in the media. "

I relation to meghan also?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If only the people who put their energy into disliking Meghan for some made up reason of disgracing and badmouthing the royal family would put the same amount of effort into disliking Prince Andrew, a man who really did disgrace and continues to disgrace the very same family.

Reply privately

over a year ago

She a total narcissist.

At no point have I denied there is racism in the media. "

“It isn’t obviously racist unless a racist comment has been made”

No media outlet makes outright racist comments. So by your logic the media isn’t racist.

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Massive press bias against her predates move to US. There are dozens of examples. Here are a few.

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018

Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019

Kate and William: "Prince William was given one of the green fruit – wrapped up in a bow – by a little boy who's mother is suffering during her pregnancy too... 'He said he'd take it to [Kate] and see what happens – and said good luck for [the boy's] mummy.'" Express: Sept. 14, 2017

Meghan: "The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called 'avocado on toast whisperer' is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation." Express: Jan. 23, 2019

Kate: "Royal sources said yesterday that the Queen understood and endorsed William and Kate’s decision not to spend Christmas Day with her. One said: ‘Her Majesty understands that it is a dilemma that many young couples face and acknowledges how close Catherine’s relationship is with her family." Daily Mail: Dec. 16, 2016

Meghan: "The fact is the Queen expects to have the family around her for the festive season... to the Queen, for whom the tradition of the family gathering is a key date in her calendar, Harry and Meghan’s absence will be a matter of great sadness. It will also be a source of frustration." Daily Mail: Nov. 13, 2019

Kate and William: "Creating their own companies will allow William and Kate to bring out, should they ever chose to, myriad items of officially-endorsed merchandise from tea towels to coffee cups... Kensington Palace officials said they were doing the ‘sensible thing’ in protecting the couple’s rights." Daily Mail: Jan. 17, 2014

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020

"

Unfortunately, they haven’t really stepped back and I think that is part of the issue. They should do what makes them happy and feel safe but selling stories and doing interviews about your family will never leave you in a good place, especially when you think that media intrusion has been a huge part of their argument for stepping away. You can’t have it both ways, it won’t work.

As for racism - it could be part of it for some people but not all. Unfortunately, for some people she is just not a likeable character at times.

I do feel that the pressure on the two of them must be immense and the division saddens me.

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"Apparently they left to get away from the public spotlight and avoid paparazzi. So they sold thier story to anyone that was buying and moved to LA that land away from the paparazzi and the spotlight. She’s full of shit. She didn’t wanna toe the line as a royal and dragged him away. It’s nothing to do with race. "

Ohh please? Dragged him away? Give him credit he has a mind of his own! X

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Massive press bias against her predates move to US. There are dozens of examples. Here are a few.

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020"

Thanks for providing the examples. I think those who insist that racism isn't at play just aren't paying attention.

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"

Thanks for providing the examples. I think those who insist that racism isn't at play just aren't paying attention."

They are very much paying attention. They just choose to be deliberately obtuse about the whole thing.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Thanks for providing the examples. I think those who insist that racism isn't at play just aren't paying attention."

Or don't want to.

Did anyone else see the reproduction of the Portuguese news clip of Charles yesterday? Shaking hands with several white people and skipping over the black man entirely.

Reply privately

By *8v3nCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

Lately politics (and newspapers which are part of politics) are dominated by the idea "people voted us in, so we can do whatever the heck we want - be racists, break law, etc whenever it is convenient, because anything else would not be democracy".

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for providing the examples. I think those who insist that racism isn't at play just aren't paying attention.

Or don't want to.

Did anyone else see the reproduction of the Portuguese news clip of Charles yesterday? Shaking hands with several white people and skipping over the black man entirely. "

I seen it. He looked him square in the eye a second before dodging him.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Or don't want to.

Did anyone else see the reproduction of the Portuguese news clip of Charles yesterday? Shaking hands with several white people and skipping over the black man entirely.

I seen it. He looked him square in the eye a second before dodging him."

Utterly grotesque. I hope it gets very wide coverage.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If people put the same energy into defending the victims of racism and they do defending racist behaviour the world would be a better place.

Anyway I don’t want to risk getting an enforced forum holiday so I’m out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a lot of the British press are responsible for inciting racism and have done so since well before Meghan came under their radar. They tried to destroy a very good friend of mine just because he was a successful Muslim. Apparently he was funding terrorism but in fact he was (and still is) funding many multi-cultural charities.

Reply privately

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I don't think Meghan's ethnic background have anything to do with it in a lot of cases. Many of us don't like seeing a basically decent guy like Harry so cuntstruck.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Well said. It's a good reminder. That not every disagreement is an ism

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"I don't think Meghan's ethnic background have anything to do with it in a lot of cases. Many of us don't like seeing a basically decent guy like Harry so cuntstruck."

Gobsmacked by that to be honest

He loves a woman....how is that cuntstruck

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think Meghan's ethnic background have anything to do with it in a lot of cases. Many of us don't like seeing a basically decent guy like Harry so cuntstruck."

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

He’s a grown, well educated man, who can make his own decisions about who he loves, and who’s cunt he sticks his dick in.

But i’m guessing you knew that anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The most interesting thing about the Megan debacle is that people talk about whatever side of the royals they like be it Harry or William and then defend their position because they seem like decent people. How the hell would you know either way? You are literally fed a heavily marketed, media savvy public persona.

You don't know the royals, it's impossible too.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"

They are very much paying attention. They just choose to be deliberately obtuse about the whole thing."

I'm paying attention. And I'll call it as I see it not how someone else tells me to see it.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I'm not triggered and this is the problem isn't it we can't have a discussion about this without comments like that. I am not denying racism exists however bringing other examples into this isn't helpful nor is telling people they are somehow triggered simply because they are replying to something you have written.

It’s a pretty good example. It’s comparing the treatment of black people and white people in the media. I can give plenty more examples but people don’t seem to be ready for the conversation."

What conversation?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't think Meghan's ethnic background have anything to do with it in a lot of cases. Many of us don't like seeing a basically decent guy like Harry so cuntstruck.

He’s a grown, well educated man, who can make his own decisions about who he loves, and who’s cunt he sticks his dick in.

But i’m guessing you knew that anyway."

Absolutely. I think it's profoundly disrespectful to belittle Harry, his intelligence, and his right to make his own decisions. His evaluation of the advice he was no doubt given before they were married.

This is the woman he's chosen to spend his life with, mother to his children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wait until the find out Jesus wasn’t white "

Wait 'til they find out Jesus isn't real

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Or don't want to.

I seen it. He looked him square in the eye a second before dodging him."

The video I think you are referring to, he was spoken to by a person behind him and he looked away from the crowd as he was still walking. He looked back and noticed he'd stepped past the black man and used his left hand to hold / touch the mans arm, he did it again straight after. Shook one person with is right and touched another with his left.

Stories like this make me wonder peoples motives.

Reply privately

By *ingdangTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

She is hated not because she is mixed race, but she is a hypocrite. How can you like someone who sit in a private jet and ask you to abandon your car?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Wait 'til they find out Jesus isn't real "

On the basis of historical probability, there likely was an apocalyptic preacher called Jesus, son of a carpenter Joseph. Neither of whom would have been white

The rest of the story is a bit suspect and the extraneous evidence is wafer thin.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let’s be honest who even knew Meghan markle was mixed raced? Who can even tell? She doesn’t even look mixed.

I think it’s a load of crap to claim that people dislike her because of her ethnicity. People dislike her because she bring a lot of negative energy to the country and seems to repeatedly insult the U.K.

She’s also “known” behind the scenes by plenty of people in media after years of trying to make a name for herself in the U.K. and US pre-Harry. So of course that plays into it too, as she wasn’t really liked that much beforehand due to how she treated people.

As for the little mermaid stuff - I’ve seen more people banging on about imaginary racists than I have actual negative comments.

Time to just switch off and ignore all that stuff

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought they both looked vulnerable and fragile yesterday. I'm glad they have each other

Reply privately

By *rhugesMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Her being mixed race as absolutely nothing to do with anything. She is just a controlling bitch

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"She is hated not because she is mixed race, but she is a hypocrite. How can you like someone who sit in a private jet and ask you to abandon your car?"

In fairness I think everyone that asks us to give up our cars travels like that ....apart from Greta obviously

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Let’s be honest who even knew Meghan markle was mixed raced? Who can even tell? She doesn’t even look mixed.

"

Do you need a trip to specsavers? She clear as day looks mixed….

Oh wait. This is another deflection tactic. Got it.

Reply privately

By *llblueMan
over a year ago

Irvine

"It's nothing to do with race just no one likes her. Up until she started on about being mixed race I didn't even notice. She is using it as way of trying to get noticed. I say go stay in the USA. This is just my view so no nasty responses"

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"Her being mixed race as absolutely nothing to do with anything. She is just a controlling bitch"

Who does she control

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let’s be honest who even knew Meghan markle was mixed raced? Who can even tell? She doesn’t even look mixed.

Do you need a trip to specsavers? She clear as day looks mixed….

Oh wait. This is another deflection tactic. Got it."

She really isn’t clear as day mixed. She has a euro nose, she straightens her hair, she has pale skin, she’s repeatedly said again and again that in school nobody even knew she was mixed raced. She’s even publicly said that she doesn’t identify as being black…

It’s not a deflection tactic. I’m mixed and I know how different people get treated based on how “passing” you are

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I thought they both looked vulnerable and fragile yesterday. I'm glad they have each other"

Absolutely.

I wouldn't attack Harry Smith's wife if his grandmother had just died. Even if I thought... I dunno, whatever about Meghan Smith.

Apparently I have more respect for Harry Smith than some people do for the man fifth in line to the throne.

Reply privately

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Actually, I think you'll find that makes her mixed species

Reply privately

over a year ago

This thread, like every other one about race, does not disappoint.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"The most interesting thing about the Megan debacle is that people talk about whatever side of the royals they like be it Harry or William and then defend their position because they seem like decent people. How the hell would you know either way? You are literally fed a heavily marketed, media savvy public persona.

"

Well our future king is a fan of super injunctions to hide his infidelities which must help how the public see him

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The most interesting thing about the Megan debacle is that people talk about whatever side of the royals they like be it Harry or William and then defend their position because they seem like decent people. How the hell would you know either way? You are literally fed a heavily marketed, media savvy public persona.

Well our future king is a fan of super injunctions to hide his infidelities which must help how the public see him"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This thread, like every other one about race, does not disappoint. "

Can I send a friend request so I can start sentences with "I'm not racist one of my fab friends is black...but......."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It isn't obviously racist unless a racist comment is made."

The belief that racism is in the overt and not in the subtleties, the looks, the tone, the comments that don’t obviously scream racism but reproduce old tropes, the disproportionate negative headlines, the targeting etc. is exactly why I will never ever believe that this country is capable of tackling racism. Because all people do is gaslight and tell you, the victim, what racism actually looks like. .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Reply privately

By *hil most chillMan
over a year ago

London & Europe

A lot of the racists on this site (and in the real world) will swear they're the least racist person they know, just because they haven't said anything "overtly" racist, or they don't go to Klan meetings at the weekend. They often fail to believe something is racist, because it doesn't hit their specific, obvious checklist of racist things, rather than all the subtle, offensive things that People of Colour have had to endure forever, and that keep getting exacerbated by racist trash media like the Daily Mail. There is an interesting comparison to be made between the times Kate Middleton has done something, and been praised by the Mail, and the times Megan Markle has done the exact same thing and been villified by them. If people get bombarded with this nonsense for long enough, they start to believe it. But no Daily Mail reader would ever believe they were influenced by the paper...

Oh and Megan is obviously controlling Harry, who has no free will or agency of his own. Give me a break people

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This thread, like every other one about race, does not disappoint.

Can I send a friend request so I can start sentences with "I'm not racist one of my fab friends is black...but.......""

Oh I’d be honoured to be your get out of jail free card

Reply privately

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Daily Mail is the worse paper. Anyone that reads that is KKK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A lot of the racists on this site (and in the real world) will swear they're the least racist person they know, just because they haven't said anything "overtly" racist, or they don't go to Klan meetings at the weekend. They often fail to believe something is racist, because it doesn't hit their specific, obvious checklist of racist things, rather than all the subtle, offensive things that People of Colour have had to endure forever, and that keep getting exacerbated by racist trash media like the Daily Mail. There is an interesting comparison to be made between the times Kate Middleton has done something, and been praised by the Mail, and the times Megan Markle has done the exact same thing and been villified by them. If people get bombarded with this nonsense for long enough, they start to believe it. But no Daily Mail reader would ever believe they were influenced by the paper...

Oh and Megan is obviously controlling Harry, who has no free will or agency of his own. Give me a break people "

Ngl he’s spitting here

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"A lot of the racists on this site (and in the real world) will swear they're the least racist person they know, just because they haven't said anything "overtly" racist, or they don't go to Klan meetings at the weekend. They often fail to believe something is racist, because it doesn't hit their specific, obvious checklist of racist things, rather than all the subtle, offensive things that People of Colour have had to endure forever, and that keep getting exacerbated by racist trash media like the Daily Mail. There is an interesting comparison to be made between the times Kate Middleton has done something, and been praised by the Mail, and the times Megan Markle has done the exact same thing and been villified by them. If people get bombarded with this nonsense for long enough, they start to believe it. But no Daily Mail reader would ever believe they were influenced by the paper...

Oh and Megan is obviously controlling Harry, who has no free will or agency of his own. Give me a break people "

Big facts

Reply privately

By *lairekTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

The Royal family, and all that goes with it, is a business.

By that I mean it supports a whole eco system of pundits and commentators and journalists.

Division and discrimination are part of the business.

For some reason, people like reading about Harry falling out with others in the Family, etc. It sells print.

I think some of the Meghan commentary will have cynical commercial interests too.

Personally, I know nothing about the lady and just wish her well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Daily Mail is the worse paper. Anyone that reads that is KKK. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Or don't want to.

Utterly grotesque. I hope it gets very wide coverage."

He definitely said that shit. You know what shit I mean.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Reply privately

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

"

Well our future king is a fan of super injunctions to hide his infidelities which must help how the public see him"

William took out a super injunction ? Please enlighten me, who or what did he do ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Well our future king is a fan of super injunctions to hide his infidelities which must help how the public see him

William took out a super injunction ? Please enlighten me, who or what did he do ?"

The Prince of Pegging?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"

William took out a super injunction ? Please enlighten me, who or what did he do ?"

Just Google Prince William super injunction or Prince of pegging.

Its not hard to find as other countries can and have reported on it. Including the who, a close friend of his wife.

Reply privately

over a year ago

this

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

William took out a super injunction ? Please enlighten me, who or what did he do ?

Its not hard to find as other countries can and have reported on it. Including the who, a close friend of his wife.

"

The source for that was a gossip Instagram page called “deux moi” which provided absolutely zero evidence and said “everyone in london knows”.

Hardly a believable story. He wouldn’t even need an injunction for that

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gonna filter before it gets taken down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

I thought it was with Elvis or Lord Lucan ?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"

The source for that was a gossip Instagram page called “deux moi” which provided absolutely zero evidence and said “everyone in london knows”.

Hardly a believable story. He wouldn’t even need an injunction for that "

In fairness Prince of pegging does seem speculative.

But the details of an affair including mentions of super injunctions are widely found on the Internet.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Daily Mail is the worse paper. Anyone that reads that is KKK. "

Utter nonsense. Why say daft things like that?

Reply privately

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

"

"

I don't read newspapers and I'm playing Devils Advocate here. But I've googled it and the three articles I've read, say it's a rumour and probably not true. Yet posters on here seem to believe this story to have some legs but anything in certain newspapers don't.

If it's something they don't believe in, then the newspaper is printing lies and they can see it but anyone who doesn't share their views, is so thick that they can't see this, can't form their own views and have been brainwashed by the newspaper. And the only reason they don't share their view is because they read it in a newspaper. Seems somewhat condescending to me. Would think all media is much the same, not I'll believe this one because it suits my political views but this one prints false stories because it doesn't.

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"Daily Mail is the worse paper. Anyone that reads that is KKK.

Utter nonsense. Why say daft things like that? "

I think aligning a paper rhat has never retracted or apologised for openly supporting fascism in the 1930s with a white supremacist organisation is not a huge jump? How is it nonsense?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

"

I don't read newspapers and I'm playing Devils Advocate here. But I've googled it and the three articles I've read, say it's a rumour and probably not true. Yet posters on here seem to believe this story to have some legs but anything in certain newspapers don't.

If it's something they don't believe in, then the newspaper is printing lies and they can see it but anyone who doesn't share their views, is so thick that they can't see this, can't form their own views and have been brainwashed by the newspaper. And the only reason they don't share their view is because they read it in a newspaper. Seems somewhat condescending to me. Would think all media is much the same, not I'll believe this one because it suits my political views but this one prints false stories because it doesn't."

I think its interesting that people are quick to dismiss a negative story about William and Kate bit lap up anything negative about Harry and Meghan. Which takes us full circle really doesn't it?

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Media itself does not have a racist agenda, overall they don't care either way. What the media thrives in is controversy.

They say sex sells, which is true but it has nothing on controversial topics when it comes to reaping the benefits, of which they do benefit greatly. They play both sides. If cats vs dogs was much more controversial, you would be sure that would be brought up much more often for attention.

You have the left saying media is racist, you have the right saying media is woke. Which is it? It's neither because the only view they care about is the power they have over controversial topics.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Wait 'til they find out Jesus isn't real "

Isn't he pulling up trees for arsenal at the moment?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Or don't want to.

The video I think you are referring to, he was spoken to by a person behind him and he looked away from the crowd as he was still walking. He looked back and noticed he'd stepped past the black man and used his left hand to hold / touch the mans arm, he did it again straight after. Shook one person with is right and touched another with his left.

Stories like this make me wonder peoples motives."

Don't come with your facts.. Youll outrage the outrage brigade. If you want to see something... With 1000s of cameras footage to look through, sure as eggs are ouefs you'll see it.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

So because shes mixed race and people dont like her there racists? Or perhaps they dont like herbecause she dosent do herself any favours, remember her and ginger wanted out of the royal family but still want some of the perks

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Which newspaper wrote , ' Megan is a witch.' ?

Nothing you say in your O.P. points to racism. Meganism maybe.

It's both inflammatory and divisive to say that every word written about a person is down to their skin colour.

Before the media went on n on about Megan's race, I had NO idea. She was just another attractive American actress to me.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

P.S. I neither like nor dislike Meghan though she does come across as disingenuous and flaky to me but I only see what the media want me to see.

I don't crave a dosage of royal or ex royal celebrity on a yearly basis let alone with any greater regularity.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

That would be species...... not race. It's very important when we are classifying mermaids not to overlook this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's both inflammatory and divisive to say that every word written about a person is down to their skin colour.

Before the media went on n on about Megan's race, I had NO idea. She was just another attractive American actress to me. "

Lol.

Is there claim in the OP or elsewhere that every word written about Meghan is about race?

Meganism? Lol at least spell her name right?

Glad that you don’t see colour though, Granny. Progressive of you.

Reply privately

By *lairekTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

"Media itself does not have a racist agenda, overall they don't care either way. What the media thrives in is controversy.

They say sex sells, which is true but it has nothing on controversial topics when it comes to reaping the benefits, of which they do benefit greatly. They play both sides. If cats vs dogs was much more controversial, you would be sure that would be brought up much more often for attention.

You have the left saying media is racist, you have the right saying media is woke. Which is it? It's neither because the only view they care about is the power they have over controversial topics. "

I tend to agree, and would add that it's much worse in the USA.

There's a real division in the media over there, with topics like illegal migration becoming a power play between the main parties.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Before the media went on n on about Megan's race, I had NO idea. She was just another attractive American actress to me.

Lol.

Is there claim in the OP or elsewhere that every word written about Meghan is about race?

Glad that you don’t see colour though, Granny. Progressive of you. "

Don't attribute something that I never said to me.

It makes any contribution you make spurious.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When it comes to Meghan, it’s one of those IYKYK things. Interesting to not how many people of colour feel a familiar form or racism and targeting in her experience and (imo, mostly white) people quickly assert that it’s nothing to do with race, suggest we’re imagining it or tell us nothing overly racist is ever said.

Lol. Exhausting is an understatement.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I think aligning a paper rhat has never retracted or apologised for openly supporting fascism in the 1930s with a white supremacist organisation is not a huge jump? How is it nonsense?"

Don’t read it then.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Utter nonsense. Why say daft things like that? "

No its true.. A bit like these "discussions" anyone who disagrees with someone with non white skin is de facto a racist.

Calling anyone who reads the daily mail as above is a great example of the level of debate which is permitted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol.

"

So is there claim in the OP or in the thread that every word written about Meghan or some other person is about their skin colour? Or?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When it comes to Meghan, it’s one of those IYKYK things. Interesting to not how many people of colour feel a familiar form or racism and targeting in her experience and (imo, mostly white) people quickly assert that it’s nothing to do with race, suggest we’re imagining it or tell us nothing overly racist is ever said.

Lol. Exhausting is an understatement. "

We’re seeing racism where there is none. Stay woke would be a good thing to say but you know who ruined that word for us. Shock.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Lol.

So is there claim in the OP or in the thread that every word written about Meghan or some other person is about their skin colour? Or? "

Don't attribute something that I have not said to me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think aligning a paper rhat has never retracted or apologised for openly supporting fascism in the 1930s with a white supremacist organisation is not a huge jump? How is it nonsense?"

The thing is they didn't link the paper to the organisation. The labeled everyone that reads it a member.

Stupid comments like that don't further any discussion.

Do right wing racists read the daily mail instead of the guardian? Most definitely

Do the daily mail know their audience and therefore target people of color and non brits more than white britans? Yip

Neither of those make all daily mail readers racist though

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol.

So is there claim in the OP or in the thread that every word written about Meghan or some other person is about their skin colour? Or?

Don't attribute something that I have not said to me.

"

sorry you feel that way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When it comes to Meghan, it’s one of those IYKYK things. Interesting to not how many people of colour feel a familiar form or racism and targeting in her experience and (imo, mostly white) people quickly assert that it’s nothing to do with race, suggest we’re imagining it or tell us nothing overly racist is ever said.

Lol. Exhausting is an understatement. "

I was done with the this thread but I’ll add… Why do people think they have a right to tell (for lack of a better term) POC how they should feel about racism towards POC?

Reply privately

By *ohn KanakaMan
over a year ago

I think aligning a paper rhat has never retracted or apologised for openly supporting fascism in the 1930s with a white supremacist organisation is not a huge jump? How is it nonsense?

Don’t read it then."

Whether I read it or not doesn't excuse it's political bias which some seek to defend

Reply privately

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

Walace Simpson another divorced American who married into the royal family was also disliked by the press

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was done with the this thread but I’ll add… Why do people think they have a right to tell (for lack of a better term) POC how they should feel about racism towards POC?"

(Struggled for a better term too).

I guess it’s because

a) it’s actually not racism as decided by them.

b) they’re (proudly) not woke and therefore experts in our experiences.

c) [redacted because they ain’t ready for that one]

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Walace Simpson another divorced American who married into the royal family was also disliked by the press "

Was she black?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was done with the this thread but I’ll add… Why do people think they have a right to tell (for lack of a better term) POC how they should feel about racism towards POC?

(Struggled for a better term too).

I guess it’s because

a) it’s actually not racism as decided by them.

b) they’re (proudly) not woke and therefore experts in our experiences.

c) [redacted because they ain’t ready for that one]

"

It’s ridiculous. I genuinely believe it was getting better for a long time and all of a sudden it’s like we’ve went back in time. I’m thick skinned enough to deal with it but I really do worry for my two sons.

Reply privately

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Your first mistake was reading the daily mail"

Lol! Facts. I told my best friend yesterday that if I wanted to know what the popular opinion was I'd read the Daily Mail. If I wanted to know what the expert opinion was I'd read the Times. If I wanted some base entertainment, I'd read the Daily Mail. If I wanted to stave off my impending dementia and Alzheimer's, I would read The Times. My best friend called the Times the learned opinion. I laughed....I'm not sure everything in there is the "learned opinion" but there are a few experts hanging around. Maybe the Guardian is the more learned opinion?

I read both. My last lover did the Times Cryptic crossword every day. I found that hot.

As far as the royal family are concerned I haven't been engaging in popular media about it because I know it's bound to trigger me.

Reply privately

By *dwalu2Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

The negative attitudes of most people and the papers towards Meghan are mostly steeped in racism. Plenty of these same people will attempt to justify their opinions in lots of other ways because it’s uncomfortable to think they may be wrong about themselves.

Reply privately

By *heron212Man
over a year ago

London

The sheer idiocy of the British press and the Royal Family's 'subjects' is just beyond.

Anyone that doesn't see the blatant racism here chooses not to.

Not surprising since I have heard far too many times white Brits get angry that Meghan identify as a Black woman or mixed race woman simply because she looks white to THEM.

THAT is not how it works.

Furthermore, 'mixed race' is NOT a race, but a mixture OF races.

But this perspective doesn't shock me in the least considering how ignorant this country is on race or race relations.

And I don't blame Meghan and Harry for leaving. In fact, I am surprised they stayed as long as they did.

They have far more opportunity and far less vitriol in America than they would ever have in the U.K. - another tidbit that doesn't sit right with The Firm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He shouldn’t have married her, end of

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

"He shouldn’t have married her, end of"

Why not

Reply privately

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"He shouldn’t have married her, end of"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He shouldn’t have married her, end of

Why not "

Can you no see why??

(It’s only my opinion)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why not

Can you no see why??

(It’s only my opinion)"

It’s got nothing to do with her being mixed race either, but she’s no exactly royal family material. She’s an American actress.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why not

Can you no see why??

(It’s only my opinion)

It’s got nothing to do with her being mixed race either, but she’s no exactly royal family material. She’s an American actress. "

What makes royal family material?

Reply privately

By *og-Man OP   Man
over a year ago

somewhere

Why not

Can you no see why??

(It’s only my opinion)

It’s got nothing to do with her being mixed race either, but she’s no exactly royal family material. She’s an American actress. "

Fair enough.....is it the American or the Actress bit ....

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Why not

Can you no see why??

(It’s only my opinion)

I’m a real softie and so hope they married for love and it lasts. I thought they wanted to live a life of quiet non celeb though?

Reply privately

By *hocolateBrownMan
over a year ago

wilt

why meghan because she sells newspapers. That's it.

Do newspapers have racism, yes ofcourse but not just that, it has Prejudice, discrimination etc..

She is a women, divorce marrying a prince, of different race,commoner, not british all the juicy things the newspaper wants.

Megan is not naive to understand this and i presume she knew what british press is all about before marriage. there are so many examples of how vile british tabloid is. She had miscalculated the extent of benefit she may receive that's all.

regarding people being directed by newspapers, one has to ask, was the society ever racist before!!? and did we always treat people of different race as same and that it has changed now because of newspapers.

i am impartial to meghan's state and her treatment. however i get my blood boiling when andrew is not treated at same level. again he doesnt sell newspapers due to reasons stated above.

maybe its time for the public to stay away from tabloids..

i dont want to say anything about what constitues racism as then i might be asked to be in my place.

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

No its true.. A bit like these "discussions" anyone who disagrees with someone with non white skin is de facto a racist.

Calling anyone who reads the daily mail as above is a great example of the level of debate which is permitted. "

What an utter smooth brained line of thinking.

Tracks with Daily Fail readers

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

Or don't want to.

Stories like this make me wonder peoples motives.

Don't come with your facts.. Youll outrage the outrage brigade. If you want to see something... With 1000s of cameras footage to look through, sure as eggs are ouefs you'll see it. "

Yep, It is there for all to see but it has still been used to call out racism here by a couple of people.

They are either spreading this type of misinformation deliberately to cause arguments and discontent, or they have not got the capability to watch and understand something without a deep bias confusing what they have seen.

Reply privately

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"What makes royal family material?"

Inbreeding.

Reply privately

By *anddXXXCouple
over a year ago

London

"

If it's something they don't believe in, then the newspaper is printing lies and they can see it but anyone who doesn't share their views, is so thick that they can't see this, can't form their own views and have been brainwashed by the newspaper. And the only reason they don't share their view is because they read it in a newspaper. Seems somewhat condescending to me. Would think all media is much the same, not I'll believe this one because it suits my political views but this one prints false stories because it doesn't.

I think its interesting that people are quick to dismiss a negative story about William and Kate bit lap up anything negative about Harry and Meghan. Which takes us full circle really doesn't it?"

Is it? I wouldn't even know where the circle started, let alone whether we have completed it. My point is, what people ? I was out all day Saturday and Sunday with others, a football match, pub before and after, restaurant on Sunday, and considering the Royals are full on in the news, I never heard anyone mention, Wills, Kate, Harry or Megan. So who are these people? That it bothers so much. I'll repeat my original point again, no one wants to believe what's printed in the newspapers, but you believe everyone is bothered about Megan because the same papers tell you so.

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"What makes royal family material?

Inbreeding."

Someone who executes their duties and doesn't create problems.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Take all of what she has done or not done, what was supposed to have been said etc

The abuse and hate directed towards one person is astounding, the nasty comments is astounding , none of us knows what goes on behind closed doors but the media are out to sell papers and get clicks and likes and they don't care who gets hurt in the end.

What happened to the whole bekind movement, I actually worry for the children growing up in this world cause If you don't fit into the narrative of the media your done for.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"why meghan because she sells newspapers. That's it.

Do newspapers have racism, yes ofcourse but not just that, it has Prejudice, discrimination etc..

She is a women, divorce marrying a prince, of different race,commoner, not british all the juicy things the newspaper wants.

Megan is not naive to understand this and i presume she knew what british press is all about before marriage. there are so many examples of how vile british tabloid is. She had miscalculated the extent of benefit she may receive that's all.

regarding people being directed by newspapers, one has to ask, was the society ever racist before!!? and did we always treat people of different race as same and that it has changed now because of newspapers.

i am impartial to meghan's state and her treatment. however i get my blood boiling when andrew is not treated at same level. again he doesnt sell newspapers due to reasons stated above.

i dont want to say anything about what constitues racism as then i might be asked to be in my place."

Newspapers racist? Are we suggesting they do not employ people of colour?

Reply privately

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Calling anyone who reads the daily mail as above is a great example of the level of debate which is permitted.

What an utter smooth brained line of thinking.

Tracks with Daily Fail readers"

Oh the irony

Reply privately

over a year ago

i dont want to say anything about what constitues racism as then i might be asked to be in my place.

Newspapers racist? Are we suggesting they do not employ people of colour? "

What a weird conclusion and one that demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how racism works. Firstly, Do you think people of colour incapable of reproducing or taking part in racist behaviours to people of their own race or other people of colour? Second, do you think it’s unthinkable that a form of media might reproduce ideas that stereotype, or that support and continue racist myths or beliefs? That’s not to suggest that everyone is racist there or even that they’re consciously partaking in producing a racist agenda.

Again, this belief that racism is something that only takes the form of the obvious, clear, bigoted verbal or physical attacks misunderstand racism, its origins, the effects it has had in the past, the way it’s reproduced today or has been throughout history and It misunderstands the dominant relationships it created and continues today.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What a weird conclusion and one that demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how racism works. Firstly, Do you think people of colour incapable of reproducing or taking part in racist behaviours to people of their own race or other people of colour? Second, do you think it’s unthinkable that a form of media might reproduce ideas that stereotype, or that support and continue racist myths or beliefs? That’s not to suggest that everyone is racist there or even that they’re consciously partaking in producing a racist agenda.

Again, this belief that racism is something that only takes the form of the obvious, clear, bigoted verbal or physical attacks misunderstand racism, its origins, the effects it has had in the past, the way it’s reproduced today or has been throughout history and It misunderstands the dominant relationships it created and continues today. "

I'm left wondering if this misunderstanding is less than accidental at times. If it's only the really blatant stuff, then we don't have to think about it or try to make anything better.

(I'm not speaking about individuals, more culture)

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Again, this belief that racism is something that only takes the form of the obvious, clear, bigoted verbal or physical attacks misunderstand racism, its origins, the effects it has had in the past, the way it’s reproduced today or has been throughout history and It misunderstands the dominant relationships it created and continues today. "

It’s a question not a conclusion. As a white guy in a predominantly white society why would I have a full understanding of how racism works?

I’m responsible for my own actions and I don’t overestimate the influence of the press.

Reply privately

By *inCity BluesMan
over a year ago

London

Sorry, but I've read this thread and it's time for a bit of straight talking here.

Meghan Markle is not disliked because she is barely black, and I mean so-barely-you-need-squint-to-see-it-and-even-then-it's-imperceivable black.

Meghan Markle is disliked because she is a complete and utter CUNT.

She is a slightly more upmarket version of Katie Price.

Like Katie Price, she has nothing whatsoever to offer the world now but manufactured drama.

All she has to gain headlines are totally fictitious claims of bad treatment by the Royal Family (notice how every one of her Oprah claims turned out to be false) and that reliable old chestnut "racism".

The other week she claimed that the British press called her kids - her pale-skinned, red-haired kids - the N-word. And no-one picked her up on it or demanded proof.

So SHOW ME WHERE the British press did that or admit what she is - a lying, attention-seeking cunt.

Harry's just as bad. All he has is the fact his mother died when he was young, and he's flogged that fucking horse to death. People are sick of hearing about it.

So yes, I'm sure you'll get more phoney tales of woe from these two - it's all they've got to live on now. Just like Katie Price, just like the Kardashians.

Exalted company indeed.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Sorry, but I've read this thread and it's time for a bit of straight talking here.

Meghan Markle is not disliked because she is barely black, and I mean so-barely-you-need-squint-to-see-it-and-even-then-it's-imperceivable black.

Meghan Markle is disliked because she is a complete and utter CUNT.

She is a slightly more upmarket version of Katie Price.

Like Katie Price, she has nothing whatsoever to offer the world now but manufactured drama.

All she has to gain headlines are totally fictitious claims of bad treatment by the Royal Family (notice how every one of her Oprah claims turned out to be false) and that reliable old chestnut "racism".

The other week she claimed that the British press called her kids - her pale-skinned, red-haired kids - the N-word. And no-one picked her up on it or demanded proof.

So SHOW ME WHERE the British press did that or admit what she is - a lying, attention-seeking cunt.

Harry's just as bad. All he has is the fact his mother died when he was young, and he's flogged that fucking horse to death. People are sick of hearing about it.

So yes, I'm sure you'll get more phoney tales of woe from these two - it's all they've got to live on now. Just like Katie Price, just like the Kardashians.

Exalted company indeed. "

Brilliant!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Today's story posted with great excitement is that a candle blocked a view of her"

Elton John should do a new song in support of her called Candle In The Way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Today's story posted with great excitement is that a candle blocked a view of her

Elton John should do a new song in support of her called Candle In The Way. "

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

No to racism.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

End poster, how’s them apples?

Reply privately

By *otMe66Man
over a year ago

Terra Firma

"No to racism. "

There is racism and there are those that see racism in everything. Both equally as bad as one another, in spreading the hate.

Reply privately